Speaker 1: Five o five at the five k r C, the talk station. Every Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Some say.
Speaker 3: A vacations, I'm the dude man, I am not.
Speaker 1: I am Brian Thomas.
Speaker 3: It's the Dove KRC Morning Show and I appreciate you tuning in this morning, and I hope you can stick around all morning. Got some great stuff going down this morning on the Rundown. Guests began at seven o five. Of course it's Wednesday. It means we get the big picture with Jack Aviden today. Beware what you read on the beach. That should be interesting. Jack's always an amazing uh intellectual and we'll find out what he meant by that be where you read on the beach. I always love hearing from Jack advident dot on any Americans for prosperity. They got the Ohio Cent and Budget Bill. Yes, it does include the two point seventy five percent flat tax proposal, lowering the income tax as opposed to a graded income tax, just a plain old two point seventy five percent flat tax, but also a grant for the Cleveland Browns Stadium six hundred million dollars to get to that. Claremont County Vener Service t Belzo for the and at seven forty to talk about Flag Day, which is coming up. Mike Tribble, the Director and instructor for the Southern Ohio Technical Institute, Trade Schools and Special and Special Opportunities at the Southern Ohio Tech Institute been I've been all about the trades of lay. I know how many jobs are out there and available. I've been dovetailing that in with the idea of requiring folks that are able bodied and capable of work from being obligated to do something in furtherance of their future and independence by having to work twenty hours a week. How many hours do you work a week, Probably forty, maybe more. Yeah, only twenty a week to get medicaid. So if you're able bodied, get out there, get into trade school, and take advantage of the opportunity of getting yourself off the umbilical court of government. By Tripple, we'll be talking exactly about that at eight oh five, followed by John Zenzer the Save Pike Hyde Park Square. John Zenzer no relation to Todd Zenzer. Last name spelled differently anyway. A voting issue is going to be up for the voter's decision in November. A huge victory for not just Hyde Park, for all the neighborhoods in the City of Cincinnati. I love the fact that they were able to get so many signatures in that campaign and that signature drive in such a short period of time. Your voice will be heard, in spite of the fact that since a city council refused to live listen to the voice of the folks in Hyde Park in connection with that variance that they allowed for the building of that monstrous hotel which would completely change the look and feel and dynamics of Hyde Park Square, which you know, aren't the residents in a neighborhood allowed to determine their own future and destiny, Not according to the City of Cincinnati, the mayor and the city Council. Anyway, That's what's coming up on the morning show. I always love to hear from you. You've got a comment about something five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk or go with pound five fifty on at and g Funes. Moving aside from the Senate version of the budget, they announced their version of the state budget yesterday. Slide increase in public school funding and the thing that's got me are the six hundred million dollars which is now described as a grant the Senate's version, it's not bond issue. It is a straight out grant to the Cleveland Browns for the new stadium. And yes, it's important that their version of the budget also includes that two point seventy five percent flat tax, which we'll be talking about later with Donovan O'Neil. But it includes six hundred million dollars for the new Cleveland Browns Stadium in brook Park. Now, the funding different from what the Browns proposed to what the House approved earlier this year, which was borrowing six hundred million dollars by issuing bonds and then having to repay the debt with interest over twenty five years for a total cost of a billion dollars. Now you've got to scratch your head when you look at the Senates version of the bill, which reveals that we've got four point eight billion dollars in unclaimed funds. A high Department of Commerce website says it's sitting on four point eight billion dollars the state's holding that it's actually that money is a emulated from things like forgotten bank accounts, rent or utility deposits or uncashed insurance policies. So somewhere out there someone failed to take advantage of this money. The higher Department of Commerce, I guess, is sitting on it. But it's four point eight billion dollars. That's a whole lot of money. So the Senate's proposing a six hundred million dollar grant from for the stadium out of that money, which I will admit it makes more sense to go ahead and hand that money over and not incur debt totaling one billion dollars having to pay it back over twenty five years with interest. But more fundamentally, why in the hell are we giving them the money in the first place. I'm sorry, during the five o'clock hour, I can say, without concern for the FCC, this kind of thing really just pisses me off.
Speaker 1: Oh we'll make it back.
Speaker 3: Senate thinks to state will more than recoup the quote unquote investment through sales tax, income tax, and commercial activity revenues from this one hundred and seventy six acre Brook Park Stadium district that they're building from scratch, bread and circuses. Then the Roman Empire collapse on that kind of thing. Well, it had difficulty maintaining the ever growing expansive empire that had created through wars. But nonetheless, there's always so much you can pay for, which is kind of Rand Paul's point on the Big Beautiful Bill, and he and Donald Trump going at it back and forth. Donald Trump having a jab at Rand Paul over his concerns about increasing the debt five trillion dollars a debt limit, claiming that Senator Ran Paul has little understanding of the budget bill. Paul's chief criticism of the bill is not most of the things that are in it, which he's in favor of. Even he's on record as saying that he just pointed out the math doesn't add up. Said, one of the things in the Big Beautiful Bill is that the vehicle for increasing spending for the military and the border. It's about three hundred and twenty billion in new spending, he pointed out. To put it in perspective, he said, that's more than all the DOGE cuts that we found so far, stating the obvious. Now, I applauded the work to Elon Musk had done, but it didn't come anywhere near the one trillion dollars he was hoping to cut out of the federal government, at least identify four cuts out of the federal government. We've got a nine point four billion dollar Doge cut bill heading for Capitol Hill, I think, which is designed to, you know, appease and assuage some of the concerns that are well articulated and stated by some of the senators who also in addition, Senator Ran Paul, who's facing most of the yre have also come out with concerns. I think there's a total of four senators who are like, I don't think so, and you can't afford to lose that many on given the margins in the Senate. Hell, the bill only passed by one vote in the House. Paul called it a big a bill by the military industrial complex advocates who are padding the military budgets. I think they're asking for too much money. And in the end, the way he added up, how much debt are you going to borrow? Five trillion over two years? That is an enormous amount. He pointed out, Yeah, it is. We have never raised the debt ceiling without actually meeting that target. He put it out, so you can say it doesn't directly add to the debt. But if you increase the ceiling five trillion dollars, you'll meet that. And what it does, it puts it on the back burner and then we won't discuss it for a year or two. His proposal, let's just to increase the dead ceiling for maybe three months. That'll force us to come back to reality. That'll force us to review all of the cuts that can't be done in this particular form the reconciliation, which must deal only with matters of spending. You can't have a discretionary spending dealt with. And that's what all the DOGE cuts relate to. And that's what the nine point four billion a billion dollar piece of legislation is headed for Capitol Hill to discuss cutting us AID, NPR, and other organizations or entities which probably shouldn't be funded. In the first instance. Trump called out ram Paul yesterday morning. Rampaul has very little understanding of the BBB, the big beautiful bill, especially the tremendous growth is coming. He loves voting no on everything. He thinks it's good politics, but it's not. The BBB is a big winner, followed up by rand votes know on everything, but never has any practical or constructive ideas. His ideas are actually crazy, parenthetical losers exclamation point. And my friends in the Commonwealth, I'm interested in gage your reaction, he said Trump did in the conclusion of this ex post or truth post, the people of Kentucky can't stand him. Is that true? My listeners in the Commonwealth Kentucky, do you hate rand Paul? Can you? You can't stand him? He's gotten reelected and he's facing criticism for pointing out something that is an actulut It's an absolute truth. Five trillion dollars is no one but Senator Ran Paul worried about that rlordy north of thirty six trillion dollars in debt. We have to pay debt service on that. The more debt service we have, the more interest on the money we borrow that we have to pay. We have to honor that obligation. Of the Fiat currency collapses, the globe will reject the US dollar as a reliable source. That would be the end. I give credit for Brand Paul for standing up and just pointing this out. And he said, listen, I'll vote for everything else that's in it. I'm in favor of literally everything else that's in it. It's just increasing the debt ceiling. According to CBO, out of the terms of the bill would add two trillion dollars of budget deficits over the decade. Altogether, the tax cuts and reforms in the package add nearly three point eight trillion to the deficit over a decade. Those spending reductions in other parts of the bill offset some of that, which is how you arrived at the two point three trillion dollar increase. Elon Musk calling it an abomination, a break with the White House.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 3: Yesterday he wrote in his expost, I'm sorry, but I just can't stand it anymore. This massive, outrageous, pork filled congressional spending bill is a disgusting abomination. Shame on those who voted for it. You know you did wrong. You know it. And some are saying, well, that's just because it cuts out the green stuff. No Trump's or a rather, Musk is on record saying he was in favor of all of those cuts, the Green New Deal cuts under the guise of the Inflation Reduction Act. So you know, say what you want about my opinion. I'm on Ram Paul's side of this. Why five t's million. Why not something much smaller? Why not something that only lasts a few months. I think Senator ram Paul suggested six hundred billion dollars, which you give us maybe a few months, and then we'd have to revisit the issue. I got no problem with that, he said. I support the tax cuts. I vote for them. At twenty seventeen, I support making the tax cuts permanent. I support and voted for basically allowing the tips on no tax on tips in fact pass the Senate unanimously. I'm hoping they will do that in the House and take it out of the big beautiful bill and do it separately by unanimous consent. If we do that, it actually makes the bill a little easier in terms of accounting numbers. That is part of the if that part's taken out. I'm for the tax cuts, for making the tax cuts permanent. I'm for as many spending cuts as we can get Republicans to vote for. But even if that's not perfect, I'd still vote for the tax cuts and the spending cuts. The thing I'm adamantly opposed to is raising the debts only by five trillion dollars. I propose an alternative instead of five trillion, which is estimated to be two years worth of debt. I've said, let's do it three months worth of debt because I don't trust the Republican leadership to enact spending cuts. Amen, Ran Paul, we give them three months worth, which is about five hundred million dollars, which is hard to believe that five hundred billion is only three months of borrowing. He said, borrow for three months and then have the debate again. I have the opposite opinion of what many others have. People say, we don't want to vote on the debt ceiling. It's embarrassing. Let's just do two years and then we only have to vote once during the entire Trump administration. He said, I'd vote on it every day if I had the choice. Three months, three four, five months. It's more reasonable.
Speaker 1: YEP. It is.
Speaker 3: Fin nineteen fifty five kc DE Talk stations. Stick around more to come. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC this.
Speaker 3: September hour, it's five forty three. Every Friday, we get Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. I hope regular listeners well know that and always tune into it or get the podcast at five care see dot com and Dave sends me emails throughout the week, and I think I'm on a you know, a bulk list of Hatter's emails, just continuing my rant about our debt and are overspending, and and and and the existential threat that it actually is a genuine one. We can speculate all day and worry all day as our elected officials are now worrying following the Ukraine surprise drone assault on Russia. Hey, maybe we need to think about our own homeland in the concerns face by well many outside threats that they could do the same damn thing here, since we don't really have any way of protecting our internal infrastructure in our military bases from comparable threats like Ukraine and their drone strike. But in so far as Dave Hatter and his emails are concerned, it's oh Ron Paul father of rand. A million seconds ago was May twenty third, A billion seconds ago was nineteen ninety three. A trillion seconds ago was thirty thousand BC.
Speaker 1: In connection with the.
Speaker 3: Comment, the US national debt is now rising by one trillion dollars every one hundred and eighty days, one thousand billion dollars. I don't know if you can get your mind around what a stack of a billion dollars looks like. But put a thousand of them next to each other and you'll get a trillion dollars. Of course, a billion dollars is one thousand million dollars. You don't think we have a spending problem in this country? Five twenty five fifty five care see the talk station, and how about one hundred and sixty nine dollars in ninety nine cents. That is well affordable, especially if it's going to keep your house from burning down. Yeah, that's the chimney Care fireplaces, those Springs special. If you've got a wood burning fireplace or free standing stove or maybe one of those self feeding wood waste pellet stoves, you're burning wood, you get a kreosop build up in your chimney and your flu you're whining, and that'll catch on fire at some point if you don't keep it well maintained. We'll take advantage of the spring special. For one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine dollars plus tax. You get the whole thing evaluated, video camera inspection, certified chimney sweep sweeping it out, making sure everything's in great working order so you can safely fire it up when the temperatures drop. Now, for those who have a gas burning, that'd be me for ject your chimney from water damage, and it costs you absolutely nothing to call the Chimneycare Fireplaces Stove to book an appointment. They will do a free exterior evaluation to make sure that your chimney is protected from water damage. Damage that you may be experiencing right now, and it's flying underneath your radar, that could be a real problem for you down the road, so don't let that happen. Call them up. So for either one, and of course you're gonna get the exterior inspection if you do the wood burning sweeping evaluation, it's five one, three, two four eight ninety six hundred. Chimneycare Fireplace is stove locally owned and operatives then it's nineteen eighty eight eight plus with the better business field.
Speaker 1: They do it all.
Speaker 3: You can book an appointment online and learn more about the company and of course what's available at the showroom. Just go to the website chimneycarec dot.
Speaker 4: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The Medal of Honor is the highest.
Speaker 3: The CDU talk station five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk comp five fifty do on AT and T phones, and a reminder fifty five care see dot com. The Daniel Davis Deep Dive. No, you crane is not going to win the war, says Daniel Davis. Get in the headline for the Wall Street Journal, Ukraine's going to win the war, said one random dude.
Speaker 1: No, says Daniel Davis.
Speaker 3: Get the Deep Dive podcast for the five carreseea dot com John Carney inside scoop on matters financial and that's from Breitbart. And I had a good time talking with retired Colonel William Dunn. He wrote a book, Gunfighters Rule. He was a helicopter pilot, combat capilot. He was and a really fun guy to talk to. So get the podcasts and get a copy of the book at the five car see dot com. Feel free to call as Tom has done this morning. Tom, welcome back, my friend. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning. How are you doing today.
Speaker 3: I'm doing I guess okay, you know, it's one of those things. I was going to qualify it in spite of all of the news that I'm surrounded by, with the articles I have to talk about, which are depressing as hell.
Speaker 1: I'm personally doing fine.
Speaker 5: Tom One of the downsides of the job, the side effects of all the information that's that's going in your brain.
Speaker 3: Huh it is, you know, and I'm honest, I've said it before. It is literally depressing. I can't put this stuff aside and go on about my daily business without this stuff being in the back of my head all the time. Because this is what I do for a living. And you know, I'm not complaining about my job. It's just one of the one of the problem. Everybody's got problems with their jobs, you know. Like if you're a surgeon, you know you've got your you got lives that are in your hands. You do a surgery, you don't know if that guy's gonna live. You gotta have that weight over your shoulders all the time. My job is not life and death. No one dies as a consequence of the fifty five KRCY Morning Show. But the realities of the world are in front of me literally every day. Hours in the afternoon I spent printing things out, and a couple of hours in advance of the show that I'm looking at more stuff, and honestly, there's very little positive information in the stuff that I'm looking at every day, so it wears on me.
Speaker 5: Well, well, there's always the stack of stupid cheeri.
Speaker 1: O amen, Amen. That's one of the reasons I do it.
Speaker 3: At least for twenty minutes, I can just just not focus on matters serious and talk about the crazy in the world and be thankful that I'm not in the stack is stupid.
Speaker 5: So we don't need to start up and feel sorry for Brian clubs.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, nor I don't want to go fund me paide for my psychological help.
Speaker 5: We can't afford it anyway. We're trillions of dollars in days. Yeah, this is nuts. I mean, uh, you know, people could just try to think about it on their own level, uh, and then just multiply it by how many trillions of dollars you cannot Just the fact that the government can raise its own credit limit, ye is basically what they're talking about the debt ceiling, right. Yeah, So if I want my credit limit to go up, I've got to ask somebody else, the person that I'm borrowing money from, to uh, you know to tell me, uh, you know what, We're not ready to We're not ready to raise your limit yet. We need you to prove to us that you know a little bit more, that you can be responsible for this. Whatever five thousand dollars credit limits you got, we're not ready to go up to ten yet.
Speaker 3: So you got a credit you got a credit card, you got a credit card you're maxed out on let's just say randomly, ten thousand dollars credit card. That's your limit, and you've already gotten up to the ten grand so you can't charge more on it, and you're only paying the interest on the credit card every month. You're not just just that you're not you're not getting the total borrored amount is not coming down any And you go to the credit card company and say, hey, can I have thirty thousand dollars worth of credit now because I've maxed out my credit card?
Speaker 1: That's exactly what's going on.
Speaker 5: That's a yeah times how many trillions? Yeah, that is that's insanity. The fact that we can do and the elected officials do not have to go to anybody to that's been permission for that. They just do it themselves. Yeah, that's the insane part about this. So uh yeah, you don't want people to be able to raise their own credit limit. That's just all that does is just give them permission to be irresponsible and reckless, which is exactly what we've done. Now we're in this position of we are so far in debt, most of us can't even imagine how this is all gonna get paid off.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Flip side of that, whatever happens in order to start getting this thing going in the right direction is going to hurt. It's gonna be painful. People are gonna have to go without things that they've been given or they've been whatever, and it's gonna hurt. It's just a matter of who's gonna feel the pain first and then next. And you know, especially if you're a Republican, are you willing to vote for something that's going to directly hurt your state, your constituents or whatever. That's the that's the hard part that's going on right now, and nobody wants to do that because they want to get re elected. And you know, people like Ran Paul, I mean, I appreciate somebody who's willing to say, you know what, this is ridiculous we can't do this. I'm not voting for this. This is insanity, and you know more of them need to do that. But I get the hesitation, but because you're going to vote against something that might benefit your state. So what, we've been benefiting our states enough. We need to roll it back. We need to start making and these are tough call These are tough decisions. That's a job that's a lot harder and has a lot more responsibility than yours in mind, does I get it?
Speaker 6: Tough?
Speaker 7: One to be done.
Speaker 5: It has to be done somewhere or another. We've got to start feeling the pain of bringing this back the other way. And no matter what, whatever we do, don't vote Democrats.
Speaker 3: Have a great day, Brian, Thanks Tom, appreciate the message as always. But as Paul pointed out Senator Ran Paul, the Republicans own the issue. If they increase the debt ceiling five trillion dollars, the Republicans are always supposed to be the party of this responsibility, and they can't make that claim anymore. That's his point. Five point thirty six. Stick around stack is stupid, and thank God for it coming up next. I hope you're a fan of it. It does lighten the load of a five o'clock hour, at least for me. Plump Time Plumbing taking care of all your residential plumbing needs, and they do a great job. They know you deserve better than they deliver on better serving the entire Tri State locally own and operated since I believe, nineteen ninety nine, and they enjoying a plus with a better business bureau for good reason, no service fees, free estimates, and outstanding plumbing work by licensed plumbers. Some pumps, drained clogs, toilet issues. I had a leaky toilet that called plump type plumbing. They figured that one right out. No idea where that leak was coming from. Same thing with my raining chandelier. Where in the hell is that water coming from? They figured that out. And if you need to replace your water heater, it's a great thing to do to go tankless. To the Protriy State's number one installer of tankless water heaters. I've been pushing this of late, lower energy bill, unlimited hot water space savings, very small units. They are hanging on the wall and that freezes you up from having that giant tank sitting in probably your basement or wherever it happens to be longer lifespan north of twenty years for a tankless maybe you get ten if you're lucky, fifteen from a traditional tank. So get a tankless water heater from Plum Type Plumbing. They're experts at that. Plus trenchless sewer line repairs. They don't have to dig your yard up, So if you got a sewer line problem, they'll inspect it and find out where the problem is and they can fix it without having to dig it up. Just a few of the things offered by Plump Type Plumbing for all your residential plumbing needs are the ones to call it five one three seven two seven Tight t I t E five one three seven, two seven eighty four eighty three Online It's plumtight dot.
Speaker 4: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Five for fifty five KRC detalk station Happy or Wednesday Listener Launch Wednesday Mantree Brewery, Summit Park Over This tack is stupid. I'll let you decide Joe if she deserves the award this morning. I haven't gone through the entire stack. It's stupid to know if someone's more deserving. But this one certainly qualifies as a nominee. Woman behind bars a Florida woman, most notably after police said she fatally struck her pedestrian before driving away, later trying to minimize her actions. We'll get to that in a moment. Ivana Gomez, thirty two, faced in charge of leaving the scene of a crash resulting in death and resisting an offer with the officer without violence. Currently, the Miami Dade County jellen a two hundred and fifty one thousand dollars bond citing a probable cause arrest. Aff A David. Local media outlets support. The accident occurred at one fifteen in the morning Friday, Miami's Little Havana neighborhood. The victim, identified as a forty one year old Catherine Kipness, prosecutor set at a bond hearing on Saturday. Gomez's BMW hit the victims so hard that the victim's head went into the through the windshield and some of the victim's hair got caught on the passenger seat belt. Police officer witness a crash and tried to stop Gomez. She didn't allegedly kept driving until she was slowed by traffic. When the cop caught up to her and he could smell alcohol coming from her breath and notice she had bloodshot eyes, in addition to noticing vomit in the passenger seat. Refused a sobriety test, requested to speak with a lawyer at the scene. Judge reportedly note in the bond hearing that Gomez allegedly said that it was just a homeless person that I hit. It's just an accident, periods.
Speaker 8: The biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche. Dum good going douce, your dreams have come.
Speaker 1: Just a homeless person, that's all.
Speaker 3: Just trying to figure out which one of these I should go to the next got A guy arrested for murder a woman in Glendale, Arizona, at a bus stop where police say he used a metal pen to stab her in the neck. Twenty seven year old James Marshawn Christopher Weekly confessed to the murder. According to the Glendale police officer Maroni Mendez, He's been charged with second degree murder. April twenty eighth, after nine pm local time, officers showed up to the reford of stabbing. Was there they found an injured Judy Ann Lopez sixty two, taken to the hospital where she died from her injuries. Mendez described the difficulties in finding a lead in the case due to there being no video surveillance of the stabbing, but footage from a Metro Valley a Valley metro bus helped carry the investigation forward a court to the officer. We had discovered that Judy had boarded one of our Valley Metro buses in the valley, got off at the intersection seen on bus video. Judy had a cell phone with her. She had a cell phone with her when she was getting off the bus, and after being taken to the hospital and the scene was completely gone through, this cell phone was nowhere to be found.
Speaker 1: So it was after.
Speaker 3: Extensive detective work in investigating that we were able to obtain cell phone data records and those are the ones we used to locate where the cell phone went. The phone had been brought westward to a nearby neighborhood. By checking the home surveillance cameras, they learned that a man later to be identified as mister Weekly had moved through the streets Shortly after the stabbing, they got a search warrant for his residence, executed it, and according to officer Mendez, James was apprehended and a cell phone matching Judy's cell phone was located inside the home. Not to mention, the same exact clothing that he was seen wearing on the bus, the same bus that Judy was on in the security videos, was also discovered court. The police officer Weekly confessed to quite a few things, including that, in his words, he did it. He said he stabbed her and used a metal pen to poker in the neck. And it's unfortunate, but it's difficult to understand what the motive was, according to the officer.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: He added that Weekly maintain Lopez was suffering some sort of medical episode and then he tried to see if she was okay, and she swatted away his hand, cutting it and that's when the assault happened. He did express remorse for what he did. Five forty six bit of an overreaction, Maybe did you five kre ce de talk station Jay, You're up next?
Speaker 1: They got to take a quick break.
Speaker 3: Care mentioned a wonderful way of saving massive quantities of money, like I have done many times. That's by getting your imaging done and affordable imaging services where your CT scan will not cost you the five thousand or so dollars the hospital is going to charge. They'll get your right in and you'll only pay four hundred and fifty bucks for it without a contrast six hundred width and yes, that price includes a board certified radiologist report ultrasound two grand at a hospital, two hundred and fifty bucks at Affordable Imaging MRIs thirty five hundred bucks. Nope, four hundred and ninety five bucks if you don't need a contrast. Echo cardiograms thirty five hundred bucks at a hospital, Nope, five hundred without an enhancement eight hundred with get all the information online at Affordable Medimaging dot com. You have a choice. Exercise it and save heap loads of money. Five one three, seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three.
Speaker 4: Eight thousand, fifty five KRC detalk.
Speaker 3: Station going straight to the phones five one three, seven four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three dots.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Jay's gut Jay, thanks for holding over the break. Welcome to the morning Show.
Speaker 9: Hey good morning, Brian, Hey, I just you know, the six hundred million dollars being given to the Cleveland Browns because the Republicans, and I'm going to put this at the Republicancy, because they feel like that this time we're going to get a return on the investment. All all I ask in return is just for them to codify that if you have a business, or if you want to start a business and you want six hundred million dollars, just put that down and we'll call it something fancied like a white paper or put it.
Speaker 1: Out in a policy document.
Speaker 9: And what building should we start the line? And what time should we start applying today? And the line starts where at what door of what building in Columbus so that we can all show up and get our get our document, our policy. What's the process for us too to receive a six hundred million dollar grant? Because if we just kind of pull on the thread of that twisted logic that they're going to give six hundred million dollars to a tax payer money to a private business because they feel like that there's going to be return on investment. Even though, as I've said before, Cleveland Browns have been around for seventy years.
Speaker 1: For seventy years they've.
Speaker 5: Been playing in Cleveland.
Speaker 9: And I'll say it again, Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Is still a dump.
Speaker 9: And the guy who called last time I said this and said, what's different about Cincinnati. Look at the Milkan Institute that shows economic development. Cincinnati is like middle of the pack. Cleveland is in last place. That whole northeast region of Ohio is an economic dumpster fire. It has been for decades, for generations. So so if we're going to give free money away, if our elected representatives are just going to grant six hundred million dollars to a business, isn't it the least that they can do is to put together a process and a policy and a procedure to say here's.
Speaker 1: How you go about it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so that everybody, all Ohio wands, every American can sign up and get the same treatment. Jesus, we're going to pick winners and losers.
Speaker 3: And Jay, let us not overlook the fact that any individual out there who starts a business the entrepreneurial time, he who chooses the neighborhood, puts a building up and employs people, provides a return on investment to the community they're in. They generate tax dollars and revenue by their mere existence. So literally every business out there does that. And yet you got to be the Cleveland Browns in order to get six hundred million dollars from the Ohio taxpayers. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it not at all?
Speaker 1: Uh See, you can get another stack of stupid in here we go.
Speaker 3: We go to Nebraska. Lincoln, Nebraska. Woman there will be spending up to two decades in prison after being sentenced for her husband's death, forty two year old A man to right sentence them nineteen to twenty years behind bars after pleading no contest the manslaughter earlier this year in the death of her husband, thirty eight year old Zachary Zvolva. There's an essence of v next to each other, hence the mangled name pronunciation. Prosecutors argue that she intentionally gave her husband a mix of fentanyl and methn fhetamine that killed him.
Speaker 1: What I Know.
Speaker 3: Also said made no effort to help him or call nine one one. Officials said she tried to cover up the circumstances around his death. Going to court records, she arranged for other people to discover her husband's body while she was away from their home. Autopsy can conduct it on his body revealed he died from acute intoxication by fentanyl methamphetamine. She was arrested and originally pleaded not guilty to first degree murder before pleading no contrast to a reduced charge of manslaughter, which again editor two decades in prison, don't do that would.
Speaker 1: Him been any easier to get a divorce. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Joe, stick around more talk about the six o'clock hour. I enjoy hearing from you as well. Maybe you got comments, long lines, what Jay had to say, or alternative comments, what's on your mind? Feel free to call five on three seven, four nine, fifty eight hundred eight two three found five fifty on AT and T phones.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back top of the hour. Every day we discover something new and important.
Speaker 3: The day's top stories on fifty five KRC the talk station. iHeartRadio, coming about six on six fifty five r SEV talkstation. And a very very happy Wednesday to you, coming in one hour from now, The Big Picture with Jack Avid and beware what you read on the beach. I am intrigued by the topic always enjoy hearing from Jack Aviden, and I hope you do too. So one hour from Now filed by Donald and Neil for Americans per Prosperity. The House Center budget includes the two point seventy five percent flat tax proposal, but also a grant of six hundred million dollars for the Cleveland Browns, which is just really gutting under my skin. Clairemont County Veterans Services Steve Belsa returns talking about Flag Day. Mike Tripple at eight oh five, Director and instructor of Southern Ohio Technical Institute on the trades, trade schools and special opportunities. So if they Medicaid reforms go through and you gotta work twenty hours a week or educate yourself twenty hours a week, there's a trade school opportunity right there. Mike Tripp's going to talk about it at ayoh five fall by Todd Zinser on the Save Hyde Park Square campaign. It's on the ballot for November five, one three sight two to three talk. It is listener lunch day. We're going to be at Mantree Bewis Summit Park location hopefully where I will see cribbage. Mike welcome back to the program, my submarine or friend or retired submarine or friend.
Speaker 1: Good to hear from you.
Speaker 10: Good morning Brian Thomas, Yes so much looking forward to it. And since school is out, your number one cheerleader will be in toe so your grand sat tell battle to break this losing streak.
Speaker 3: That's two in a row for me. Man, I'm I'm telling you I and with him there, I don't know. I think my chances have improved. He's a good, good young man. You got there for your grandson.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 10: First off, what a fantastic interview with the marine colonel yesterday. I'm definitely gonna have to check that book out. He was just top notch most marines are.
Speaker 1: What a great guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, talk about someone who just was gushing over his service in American military. He's referring to retired Colonel William Dunn with a book Gunfighters Rule, and I'll encourage my listeners he didn't get a chance to hear from a retired colonel done to listen to the podcast. What an enthusiastic guy, I mean he I've never heard anybody speak as highly about military service as him, or at least on par.
Speaker 10: With yes, Sir, And then in that same light, I would also like to reach out and thank Mass Sargent Beelzer he got coming up because in my circles with Tri State Honor Flight and with the VFW Memorial Team here in Claremont County, his office and his staff has helped out so many veterans. So once again, before he comes on, I want to give out a big thanks to the Sergeant Major.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy, a great guy.
Speaker 10: And if people are looking for events to do this weekend to honor and thank veterans too, I got two right up your alley. This weekend Friday, as a matter of fact, is the eighty first anniversary at D Day, So our good friends at Cincinnati Warbirds Friday, Saturday and Sunday is going to be done at Lunkin Airport with not only static displays, but also planes that you.
Speaker 1: Can actually ride in.
Speaker 10: And I would advise you to go to Cincinnati war Boards dot Org to their website for more details. Along that, the premiere piece this weekend and celebration of the D Day anniversary is an actual C forty seven transport plane that the paratroopers utilized, and actually they're on Saturday at twelve thirty, there will be a ceremony honoring the one hundred first airborne. So that's all weekend long at Lunkin Airports. So hopefully mother nature will provide a good sunshine for that event. And Brian Thomas, you so well know about tri State Honor Flight. Well, once a year we do what we call a flightless honor flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as you haven't gone.
Speaker 10: On flights yourself, you know how taxing that can be a long yes, sir, This gives the ability for us to thank these veterans. We have sixty five veterans lined up and actually three World War two veterans. If anybody's familiar in Blue Ash with the Cincinnati Institute, it's a building right across the parking lot.
Speaker 1: You can't miss it.
Speaker 10: Sunday that place is going to be dead, so look for all the cars and that's where we'll be starting at two o'clock and basically these veterans will be given a video tour of Washington, d C. We'll have bands, we'll have guest speakers. There are some other dignitaries that are scheduled to attend as well. But then we also have a slightly scaled down version, but still just as an emotional welcome home ceremony.
Speaker 5: It's conclusion.
Speaker 10: So if that's if you're available for that, and it have never been to a regular honor flight over at CBG, this is the next best thing. And for these individuals that will also get their pat on the back and shake your hands. Allergy outbreak guaranteed, absolutely, you know, and I really truly appreciate you calling up and reminding my listeners about all those events that are coming up, and of course and sincere thanks for your service to our country, which continues with your involvement an honor flight in these other organizations and the USS Cincinnati exhibit.
Speaker 1: Yes sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 10: That mother nature kind of got us behind the scales, behind schedule, but right now we're at dark target date is spring of next year. I think the artist rendition has been out there. I know I forwarded you Accomloge a tremendous celebration of what that submarine did for the short time that it was.
Speaker 3: In service YEP during the Cold War, and that I'll tell you what, the artist's rendition of that is just absolutely amazing. It's going to be one hell of a cool exhibit.
Speaker 1: Mike, Yes, sir, looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks again for calling in reminding my listeners about all that. And I'm seeing you at lunch today hopefully hopefully three in a row for me. If I was a betting man, I'd be betting on you. Mike, love your brother, Thank you man. Seen a few hours. Yeah again, mad tree Bury's Summit Park location. If you want to hang out till about a little after one o'clock is usually when the cribbage game kicks in. Mike is one hell of a good guy, and his grandson is a hell of a great young man too. And since I didn't know what direction I was going to know, it's going to do a mashup of a couple of columns involving why the Democrats are losing minority voters and the political alignment or realignment that's going on in our country, all in a positive direction. Let me pivot on the comments of Mike to Dan Driscoll, the Secretary of the Army, and his commentary, and so I'll just read it. Dan Driscoll rights, well, the fifteen years ago I signed up to serve my country, packed my bags and I left home for Fort Jackson, South Carolina to begin Army basic training. The values I gained discipline duty on have shaped me into the husband, father, and citizen i am today. Choosing to serve was one of the most meaningful decisions of my life. That's why the news that the United States Army has met its fiscal twenty twenty five recruiting contract goals four months early. What a turnaround. Welcoming more than sixty one thousand new recruits is personal. It's also something that all Americans should be proud of. Reaching this milestone wasn't easy. The Army has faced challenges in recruiting and retaining talent in recent years, but thanks to the tireless work of General Randy George, Lieutenant General Johnny Davis, recruiters, drill sergeants, and many others, we've turned the tide. These men and women could have chosen any path in a country full of opportunity. Instead, they chose to serve their country. I can think of no nobler calling. It's especially fitting that these sixty one thousand recruits are joining as the Army sol It's his two hundred and fiftieth birthday. For two and a half centuries, American soldiers have answered the call to support and defend the nation and the constitution. These new recruits will carry forward that legacy of honor, courage, and service. Their decision to join also reflects something deeper, a resurgence of pride in our country. Young Americans are more inspired by purpose and patriotism, ready to stand up for our values and protect our freedoms. They're stepping up during a time of global uncertainty and complex threats. We owe it to these young men and women to ensure they're equipped, train, and supported to meet the challenges ahead. With clear vision from President Trump and steadfast leadership from Defense Secretary Pete Hegseeth, the Army is again focused on what matters most, strength, readiness, and winning. I would have written killing people and breaking things, but he's obviously more delicate and eloquent with his words. Thanks to Congressional action, the quality of life for our soldiers has also improve. The twenty twenty five Service Member Quality of Life Improvement and National Defense Authorization Act delivered a history pay rays for junior enlisted soldiers, housing improvements, healthcare access and childcare and spousal support from the White House in Congress to the Pentagon. Our soldiers are a priority. This is only the beginning. As more Americans learn about the Army's mission and legacy. I hope more will choose to serve. The Army shaped me into the man I am today, and I know it will shape them too. Dan Driscoll, Secretary of the Army, sounds like he's of kindred spirit. With Colonel William Dunn, who I spoke with yesterday about his book Gunfighter's Rule Again, you can find that at fifty five care see dot com. Get a copy of the book while you're at it, six fifteen Right now, if I went three seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three Talking Town five fifty on eight and t phones, and I mentioned for my friends at Colin Electric, Andy Colin and the team at Colin Electric will take great care of you. Of course, family owner operated Andrew Cullin at the Helm since nineteen ninety nine. A plus with the Better Business Bureau all facets of residential electric work. They've done a ton of work in my house over the years, and I can say nothing but great things about him. That's one of the reasons they enjoying A plus with the Better Business Bureau. Clearly, I'm not the only one ten year wiring warranty on anything they do for you. From the biggest project like rewiring your entire home to get rid of the old aluminum wiring or nob and tube wiring, wiring up that whole house generator, which they did for me.
Speaker 1: Canline installations they did that for me.
Speaker 3: Bathroom remodeling projects and the new lighting that went along with that, they did that for me. Whatever electric project you got, you can confidently call Colin Electric at five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two learn more online. I think you can schedule apployment right there at the website as well. Cullen Culi and Cullenelectriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Weather forecast.
Speaker 3: We've got a partly cloudy day to day, rising humidity and a high of eighty seven, clouds with.
Speaker 1: A slight chance rain every nine down to sixty nine.
Speaker 3: We got rain tomorrow, maybe some scattered showers and possibly some storms.
Speaker 1: Eighty two for the.
Speaker 3: High clouds and scattered showers overnight with the low sixty eight Fridays going up to seventy eight degrees along with additional showers and storms expected sixty nine degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic.
Speaker 1: Update to Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 11: You see how Traffic Center Mellians of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dimensions, find answers from leading brain health experts, and you see help learn more at you see help dot com.
Speaker 7: Highway traffic and pretty good shape.
Speaker 11: I'm not seeing any major time to willis to deal with, and that includes getting pasted or broken down on the ram from westbound Reagan Highway to southbound seventy five. They're on the left side of the ram. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC leave Talk station six twenty on a Wednesday. Always welcome phone calls around at the Cloud Pasty Morning Show five or three eighty two three Talk Pound five fifty on eight and T phones. Let's take one of those calls, Brian, thanks for calling the program this morning.
Speaker 1: Happy Wednesday to you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Happy Wednesday, Brian Day. I've been meaning to call you since the day after Election Day. I wanted to give Cribbage aka Bubblehead Mike a shout out from Target Brian.
Speaker 1: Ah, you're a navy man, hey.
Speaker 3: Brian, Yes, sir, you were floating on top while Mike was underneath.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Mike has referred to ships at sea as targets before, so little context.
Speaker 12: That rivalry goes way back.
Speaker 1: I got it up real quick. Where you get to your comments real quick?
Speaker 3: I got to ask you about that while you were serving and thank you for your service to our country. Did did it bother you that you're floating bubbles sitting on top of the water, which you know, I think a modern warfare, and I think, gee, is it a kind of easy to hit his ship that's floating on top of the water. I mean, is that kind of thing ever creep into your mind while you're serving out there?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: I was twenty and too dumb to realize.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, that's why they have a military age cut off.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Okay, I was in the boiler room.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 12: If anybody hit our ship, I wouldn't feel a thing.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Okay, I've seen too many, too many war movies to want to ever think about being in serving in a boiler room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all right, you don't get cold.
Speaker 3: I suppose that's true. So I didn't mean to interrupt your trade of thought.
Speaker 13: There probably no no, no worries, No I've had of After election there I realized that bubblehead Mike's my neighbor, and I wanted to thank him and Kevin for keeping my property taxes from going any higher and adding to an income tax with their efforts on that levee they were trying to pass.
Speaker 3: He did successfully advocate for a no on that levee.
Speaker 12: Yes, thank you to both of them.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's out there listener right now, so I'm sure he's smiling.
Speaker 12: Figured was, And I had a question about the stack of stupid the lady that got stabbed with a pen? Was that a black assault style pin? And do I have to get a background check to buy one?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: You know, Brian, it's funny they do make those, Oh i'd imagine. Yeah, I'm serious.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan of the company. Micro Tech makes absolutely wonderful knives and I own several of them. But one of the things they do make is basically an assault pen. It's a you know, solid piece of metal and it's got a point on it and you can carry it in your pocket if you had a pocket protector or whatever. And you can, of course use it for self defense. I don't even know if it operates as a ballpoint pen, but it's I certainly wouldn't want to get stabbed by one. That's funny though.
Speaker 12: Yes, Hey, you have a good day, and these days all make it the listener lunch, I hope.
Speaker 3: And I hope to see you there, Brian. I truly appreciate the call. I do five one, three, seven, five hundred. I also appreciate your service to our country, Brian.
Speaker 1: In the target.
Speaker 3: Let us see here moving, okay, I wanted to ask an al loud question given the uh uh the Secretary of the Army's comments about we have met the recruiting goal four months ahead of time. Sixty one thousand have signed up for service to our country, and I thought that was a wonderful, wonderful news, considering the recruiting numbers were just down, just way down head mental recruiting goals in the number of years. Does anyone think that the the change in American military and getting rid of the whole woke ideology, the DEI and pro transgender and all that kind of crap that with the Biden administration went in full forcewith defense Secretary of Pete Hegzeth reversing all of that focusing on killing people and breaking things, which is the important component of the American military. The other thing that truly matters preparing our armed forces for combat readiness, defense of the of our country threats both foreign and abroad. With the refocus of the American military on what is important and the reason for the American military, does anyone also like I believe that the change in policy has something to do with our recruiting goals being met four months ahead of time. I just have to say that out loud, because I truly believe that is the case. Now, maybe that the increase in pay had some impact on it, but you know, as a you know, a recruit, and you know, as someone who's serving the military, this isn't exactly the way to become a multi millionaire, if you know what I mean. It's a question of service to your country, defense of the constitution, protecting America interests is the primary motivating factor for your young people to do that. If you think you're going to go into a woke military and have to sit through classes talking about you know, pronoun usage and DEI realities that you're not going to be promoted based on merit. That to me is something that might cause someone decide, well, you know what, that's not an environment I want to work in. So that's my conclusion. I don't know if you shared it or not. You can feel free to chime in on the topic if you like to call otherwise local stories coming up. But first, a word for folks with pain, ourthritis, pain, hit pain, knee pain, joint pain. You know you've been living with it for a long time. Maybe it's impacted your life dramatically. Maybe it's prevented you from doing the things you want to do, even taking a stroll in the park. I imagine if you've got that kind of pain might be a challenge for you. But of course you're not going to be able to play pickle ball, maybe you can't pick up the grandkids, whatever it happens to be. I want to recommend you get in touch with QC Kinetics because you may have talked to your doctor about surgery, and you know the time that goes along with surgery, along with the pain, and is it going to work well. QC Kinetics says a different way. It's natural, revolutionary treatment. It takes your own your body's own healing power. They concentrate them and then put those healing powers cellular level right where the pain is, restoring your damaged tissue. Well respected protocols that include potent and powerful cellular level treatments, and thousands of people are now experiencing relief from the pain by getting with QC Kinetics and getting the treatment. The question becomes whether you're a good candidate for it, and they make it so easy to find out. Take them up on their free consultation, call them up, schedule the appointments, sit down with them, let them explain how these treatments work, and let them evaluate you to find out if it's a potential road to path to relief. So to find out if you are a good candidate. Take advantage of the free consultation. Here's the number three times in a row is I always like to point out it's easy to remember that way. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five The toxic Jennin we Horcass. Partly cloudy today, rising humidity and a high of eighty seven clouds overnight side chanceerrain low sixty nine, best chanceer rain.
Speaker 1: Thursday we got showers as.
Speaker 3: Well as some storms possible eighty two for the high and then overnight sixty eight with scattered showers possible.
Speaker 1: And on Friday more rain.
Speaker 3: And maybe some storms seventy eight for the high.
Speaker 1: Friday. It's sixty nine right now, in time for traffic.
Speaker 11: From the UCUP Traffic Center. Millions of America. So I'm living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain help experts. You see help learn more at you see help dot com. There's a broken down on the ramp from westbound Reagan to southbound seventy five left side. Other than that, traffic in pretty good shape. And you can get five that's broken down with not a major problem, even though it's in the west lane southbound seventy one. That looks good through Blue Ash and Kenwood. Shot Ingraman fifty five Kara See the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six thirty one fifty five Krra see the talk stations Happy Wednesday, A little sum there with Iggy Pop. Always loved that song. Anyway, let's go to the phone before we get the local stories. Got Bobby on the line. Bobby, welcome back to the Morning Show. Good year from you.
Speaker 6: Today, Happy hump to day, my friend, keep that torture, freedom high and bright trying.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's a lot of things going on. I think it's great.
Speaker 6: Like Corey Booker when he was out in California Saturday at Anaheim giving the Roman salute two or three times. But that's what hypocrites.
Speaker 1: Do, you know, I mean liars and hypocrites.
Speaker 6: I mean they're the top two categories.
Speaker 1: I'm still going back with it.
Speaker 3: Any given time in any human beings life, if someone is standing there with a camera, they could catch someone in what they could later describe at doing a Nazi salute.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 6: The next thing is what's going on out California on this grading systems. I think it's great. Let these kids go through school and let them go ahead and you know, test out four or five times. I think it's great for them out in California. Just leave them out there, leave all the students out there. That way, we don't have to contend.
Speaker 3: With Well, then it is California. They probably will end up staying there since they have that massive social welfare giveaway program. Literally for everyone to live off the public dole, they will not be able to care for themselves given the lack of education. Obviously that's going to happen with you can pass high school and get a diploma with a twenty one or something like that, A D, A D will be passing, right, isn't a D passing?
Speaker 1: Can't you go get all d's and still get a diploma?
Speaker 6: I think with a twenty one percent rating on it? I mean it's comical.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only problem is it's more useful idiots for the Democrats to exploit with their illogical and unreasonable programs. And they're uh, and they're they're constant lying about the realities of life. So that's that's that's actually, I think that's the point of it. Bobby. You dumb down the populace by not educating them in schools, and then you create a dependent, idiot class of people. So I know your tongue was in your cheek saying it's a good thing, But the practical reality is that there's California is not the only place that's going in that direction. It's frightening, which is why more and more people embracing the idea of school choice over the log story five one three seventy fifty eight two three talk you want to call in, chime in, maybe I'd love to hear from you. A teen dead and a dry by shooting. Wow, Now, this never happens in Cincinnati. Happened early yesterday morning. Police identified the victim as a seventeen year old Jayshawn Cornelius Court of Police Captain Steve Bauer speaking with Fox nineteen so in inside a vehicle drove up an open fire into a home of the three thousand block of Percy Avenue in Westwood, then took off one point thirty in the morning. It was seventeen year old Mail identified as Cornelias, found inside with three gunshot wounds. Pronounced dead at the scene. Multiple shellcasings found outside the home. Shot spotter Court of Cincinni Police detected as many as fourteen shots fired. No suspect information release and no one is yet under the arrest. So sad juvenile taken to the hospital after a drowning incident happened in Union Township yesterday, according to Sergeant Scott Marshall with Union Township Police, again Fox nineteen reporting. Sergeant Marshall said Cruise were called to the private swimming pool and the forty one hundred block of Independence Drive at five pm. When they got there, they found a juvenile being given life saving measures by community members. Sergeant Marshall said the juvenile was quickly taken a nearby hospital listed in critical condition. Union Township Investigations Division continues to investigate the incident. That's sad prayer squa out to the family on that at least one person is injured after an ATV accident current Dearborn County.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 3: Dispatchers with the Dearborn County Sheriff's Officers say they received the call about eight thirty pm for an incident at Indiana three point fifty and Huffman Road. AirCare call took at least one person a nearby hospital. Number of police people involved in the extent of the injuries not yet clear. Dearborn County Sheriff's Office is still investigating the crash six point thirty five right now. If if you have k CD talk station, stick around more to talk about first a strong recommendation and get in touch with Bud Herbert Motors for all of your lawn equipment needs from the Big giant stuff. Need a farm tractor, Bud Herbert Scott does. Check out the website. They got some great stuff over Bud Herbert and they only carry the best brands, world class brands. Got you John Deere' your x Mark, the mowers, Steel hand of power equipment. They're the ones that helped me out getting the awesome Honda Power motor. I'm a lawnmower. I just love that thing. It starts one pull. Every time I went with the commercial level one, which they said, I will never have to buy another lawnmower again. It's gonna outlast me. I put at my will and give it to one of my kids. But it's a Herbert family member. You've got to be working with or proud of the family heritage five generations of family ownership and operations. So when you call them, say hi to the Herbert family member you're talking to, and they can explain everything there is to know about the equipment they sell because they know it all. They'll deliver it to you and they will service it when it comes time to service. It's a full service organization again more than seventy five years. To learn more about what they sell, go to the website Bud Herbert Motors dot com. They got two locations, Bud Herbertmotors dot com. Here's the number to call five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one five one three, five four one thirty.
Speaker 1: Two ninety one KRC dot com. It's six forty fifty five KRC. The talk station good.
Speaker 3: A little op ed mash up here. Writing along the same lines in the Wall Street Journal, we start with William Galston, the American political realignment is real subtitle Trump has built a diverse working class coalition. Can he pass it on to his successor? Question mark? So William Goalson starts out pointing out that New York Times showing that Republican parties increased its vote share in three consecutive presidential elections in one, four and thirty three counties nearly half the nation total. Democrats increase share only fifty seven counties over three elections.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 3: Where the points out Democratic demographic patterns indicate these geographical shifts. The clearest divide on education level. In not a single county which the Republican Party is increases shared the vote. Did a majority of adults told to college degree? Ethnicity also mattered sixty six of the sixty seven counties and with a majority Hispanic population voted more Republican in twenty twenty four than in twenty twelve. Income was important to ninety five percent of the US counties, trending more Republican had median incomes below the national medium. Republicans a party of the working class, ultimately is really what we have concluded here. They're the ones that are fighting for lower taxes and fighting for more freedom, fighting for lower regulations. The regulatory burden is just a weight on the American populace, so you can feel the benefit from it. And of course they're Republicans making inroads across all ethnicities, which is where I pivot over to Jason Riley, who was pleased to have on the program, talking about his most recent book, Jason Rice Riley, a black man who wrote about how the basically the welfare system has destroyed the black families. He writes why Democrats are losing minority voters. Liberals seldom turned to this column, Jason Riley's column for political advice. They do, however, seem to trust the New York Times, so maybe they caught the gray ladies. Recent analysis of why the Democratic Party is in the demographic dumps. Leftists like Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Casio Court has denounced Republicans as oligarchs, yet millions of blue collar voters flocking to the GOP remain unpersuaded. Liberals are in denial about these trends. But the reality, according to the Times, is that quote, Republicans are overwhelmingly making gains and working class counties, while Democrats are improving almost exclusively in wealthier areas. There's your elite liberal leftist college people. My words interjected there, sorry, Jason. The paper's county level distillation or trump air voting patterns reveals how badly Democrats miscalculate that in allowing progressive elite to determine the party's priorities, Donald Trump quote has increased the Republican Party's share of the presidential vote in each election He's been on the ballots in close to half the counties in America. That's that four hundred and thirty three figure I read a moment ago. The Times reported that, worse for the Democrats indulging in class warfare, only three of those counties had a median household income of more than one hundred thousand dollars. Blacks and Latinos are overrepresented among lower income voters and those without a college degree, and Democrats are also losing ground with non whites.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: The erosion of working class support among black, white, and Latino voters alike has unnerved every ideological wing of the Democratic Party close quote The Times wrote, while most blacks aremained loyal Democrats, again from the Times. In these in his three presidential campaigns, mister Trump made serious inroads in heavily black counties across the Deep South and beyond. Problem for the Left has to do with its identity based appeals to certain voting blocks. Minority voters are courted as minorities rather than as Americans who have the same priorities, good schools, safe neighborhoods, gainful employment as everybody else. Instead, Democrats have pretended that Hispanics don't care about illegal immigration or the blacks thing policing is a bigger problem than crime, even though polls have consistently pointed in the opposite direction. This is what happens when a small subset of progressive sets the policy agenda for tens of millions of people. Last month marked five years since George Floyd's death, a half decade that overlaps with declining minorities of minority support for the Democratic Party. The tragedy of Floyd's death was politicized to attack law enforcement broadly. Activist organizations like Black Lives Matter use it to raise money. Democratic collected officials use it to secure black votes. Floyd became a left wing martyr man who is targeted daily by villainous police officers. The media ran with this preposterous narrative and street protests and riots and sued nationwide. The political fallout hasn't been what Democrats expected. Gallupole released last month shows black confidence in law enforcement has increased since Floyd's death. Since twenty twenty two. It's grown significantly faster than the average among all groups. In twenty twenty four to sixty four percent of black respondents expressed confidence in police, which is up from fifty eight percent and twenty three, fifty five percent in twenty twenty two and fifty nine percent in twenty twenty one. Gallup also found that sixty four percent of black adults are satisfied with the relationship between police and their local community, which has edged up three points since twenty twenty three, and five points since the low point in twenty twenty two. The irony is that Black support for law enforcement, even after Floyd's death, remained above fifty percent, notwithstanding efforts by liberal activists, academics, and cable news commentators to shrink police budgets and curry favor with black voters. This comes as no surprise to anyone who listens to the residents of high crime neighborhoods, and not to the intelligentsia who claim to speak for the black underclass. A twenty twenty one ballot initiative in Minneapolis that would have replaced the police department with a quote public health oriented close quote Department of Public Safety was voted down, and some of the strongest opposition came from low income black neighborhoods. Crime control isn't the only matter in which the average black voter in left wing elites. Divert survey show the most Black supports school choice, amen, voter id laws, and colorblind college admission, all of which the Biden administration opposed, and the Trump administration supports democratic outreach based on black victimhood anger and paranoia. Isn't working like it used to. So long as the party fuses to change its methods, Republicans stand to benefit. If black voting habits are increasingly driven by issues rather than by blind partisan loyalty. It is a welcome trend. George Floyd wasn't representative of black people any more than Derek Chauvin is representative of police officers, but the fallout does fairly represent how the lefts racial politics have backfired. It also helps explain why, as The Times concluded, the Democratic Party is quote hemorrhaging vital support from what we're once among its most rock solid constituencies. Close quote Amen sixty eight fifty five krs the talk station looking forward to Jack Addan at the top of the air name. It's got time to call if you like five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talks. And another call you want to make is to uh well, this is that Lowscamp cross country mortgages. You'll find Suzette Low's Camp, which means they can help you in any state in the Union. They are great at what they do, most notably sus that loads of caamp customer service superior. Nobody has any more experience in the mortgage industry than sust loads of Camp. Been doing this for like what thirty five plus years. I think it may be thirty six or seven by now. And you got no junk fees, no application fees, great rates at the low cost. He is working for you, but access to a multitude of options out there in terms of financing. So if you're buying a home, calls is that Low's Camp. You're looking for a second mortgage, Shu's that Low's Camp. Reverse mortgage options are available if you think it's the right thing to do, fixed second mortgage, cash out options, line of credit. All this stuff plus the Duty Death Benefit protecting Those that protect Us designed to provide financial protection for families and first responders.
Speaker 1: They got a one time benefit.
Speaker 3: They're covering your outstanding mortgage balance of up to five hundred and twenty five thousand dollars if you fall in the line of duty. God bless Country Mortgage and sust Loads the Camp. You'll love talking whether she'd create a customer service and she'll get right back to you when you do. Call five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Send her an email. SU's at dot lows camp spelled l O s E KA MP. Suo's at dot Low's camp at CCM dot com. Fifty five k r C the talkstation six fifty three at five kr CE de talk station.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: Let us see here, Josh Trucker. Breaking news just came out. Uh well, just less than an hour ago. Oops, and it disappeared, Joe. The article keeps just disappearing. Guy got hospital is being stabbed in the neck this morning. So another local story involving violent crime over the Rhine. Yeah, over the Rhine. Oh, but it's safe, did Aftaber of all? Let you know that it's safe to be downtown. Got a guy getting stabbed in the neck after multiple shootings and all everything else that's going on. But got crimes down, Joe. That that's what they keep telling us, crimes down and in completely unrelated news. And you know, the Chinese Communist Party is the nefarious actors behind the fentanyl crisis we're having in our country, a fentanyl crisis which has precipitably declined since Trump took office because he secured the border. I think the seizures of fentanyl dropped like fifty percent.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Authority support Long Beach Floor.
Speaker 3: Long Beach seized fifty five tons of a thing called dikumal peroxide, which is used to make methamphetamine, originating in China destined for the Cineloa drug cartel in Mexico. According to news release from the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement Diachma peroxide identified as as a result of initiative launched by ICE to identify suspicious shipments of the chemical precursors for fentanyl coming from China, Indian other source source countries heading for Mexico for the drug cartels. Since the initiative was launched in twenty nineteen, it's led to the interdiction of almost nineteen hundred tons of chemicals used to manufacture of methad fhetamines, and fentanyl. In March, they seized forty four tons of glacial acetic acid in Port Houston, which is also destined for the Cinealoa cartel. According to ICE, in a statement, I said this initiative provides homeland security investigations with a game changing method to stay one step ahead of the cartels by disrupting the flow of chemicals that they depend on to produce illicit narcotics. And you know, I always got to point out that's what they seized considering the quantity of federyl and methane fetamine flowing into our country. Although it has been reduced, it certainly hasn't been shut off completely. There's your Chinese Communist Party at work. Just one of the weapons of a war that they are using against us on a daily basis. Six fifty six The Big Picture with Jack add in after the top of the hour news, we together will find out what beware what you read on the beach means. Jack Atherden next from a full.
Speaker 14: Rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top.
Speaker 5: Of the hour.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know. Fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 3: Fifty five kr CD talk station. It is a Wednesday listener Lunch Wednesday. You can make it uh Mantree Brewery at Summit Park and it being Wednesday at seven oh five. Couple up in seven oh six. It's time of the week. We talked to Jack Atherton, get the Big Picture. Jack, welcome back to the morning show, my friend. I always enjoy hearing from you on the program.
Speaker 15: Thank you for having me Backpal, and happy summer reading season. Now I'm talking about reading books at the beach, not the seashells that fired FBI director James call Mey claims he just stumbled across shells that spelled out a death threat for President Trump.
Speaker 1: What a creep this guy is, Brian, and.
Speaker 15: After getting blown back, call me blamed his wife, saying she told him to post that photo. Now, I'm just guessing callmy arranged the shells, took the picture, and his wife, like your wife and my wife would have said, what.
Speaker 1: The heck did you do that for? Exactly?
Speaker 15: Think you get in enough trouble lying about Trump and Russian hookers?
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 15: Speaking about liars, last week we talked about Jake tappers very lucrative confession that well, okay, yes, he and everyone and de crap media knew that President Biden was an auto pen nothing more. Please, folks, don't take Tapper's book to the beach. But even if you avoid politics and stick to more obvious fiction, you may still get mugged by liberal propaganda. Take Michael Conley, who writes about Harry Bush and the Lincoln Lawyer. Have you read any of those books, Brian, or seen the movies?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I have.
Speaker 15: Well, they're good. My wife has read all of the Bosh novels and now we're listening to the audiobooks together in the car. But I was surprised to find that Michael Conley, who targets crushed.
Speaker 1: The detective Bosh. Yeah, I did watch that whole series.
Speaker 3: It didn't register when you said it, because that kind of came out of nowhere given the subject matter of our conversation. I just watched the series and I never attributed to Conley or books. I just thought it was an interesting and well done series. My mom may had wrecked mended it to me. That's why I ended up watching it. But yeah, I'm familiar with that it is.
Speaker 15: And the Lincoln Lawyer has been done by Matthew McConaughey in a movie and then they had a TV series about that too. They're excellent on many levels. But Michael Conley targets corruption in the old Jim call mey FBI writes about that a lot. So I was surprised to find Brian a political attack on conservatives in our latest audio book this one is called Resurrection Walk. Harry Bosh, a retired police detective, teams up with Mickey Holler, who's called the Lincoln Lawyer because he works out of his town car. At one point, these half brothers are mourning the death of an old lawyer who was Jewish. They note that the upscale Los Angeles neighborhood where he lived used to be restricted, meaning covenants in deeds included a restriction on selling homes to Jews or Blacks or other minorities. The Supreme Court struck down those restrictions after World War II, but in their conversation in this book, Bosh and the Lincoln lawyers say, the new Supreme Court seems to be going the other way.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 15: When we heard that, Amesley and I paused the audio book and wondered what the heck Michael Conley might have meant. Resurrection Walk came out in twenty twenty three. That same year, the new conservative majority on the Supreme Court that included three nominees from Donald Trump's first term. That majority struck down DEI affirmative action admissions at Harvard and the University of North Carolina. If that's the ruling, Conley was attacking. His attack misled a lot of readers because Michael Conley's books have sold over eighty million copies worldwide, and his two heroes, Harry Bosh and the Lincoln Lawyer, are a saying the so called Trump Court is turning back the clock on civil rights. Is that true? Well, let's take a look. In the nineteen forties, when the Supreme Court overturned restrictive real estate covenants, it was ruling that bigots could not ask the courts to enforce discrimination based on skin color, ethnicity, or religious beliefs. However, refusing to enforce discrimination is very different from requiring that college admissions must be based on merit, not race or sex. In that Harvard case two years ago, all three liberal justices Kagan, Sodomayor, and Brown Jackson of course supported Harvard, but the conservative majority based its ruling on the equal protection clause of the Constitution. They recognized that college admissions are zero's sum. If you admit one student on the basis of race or sex, you exclude another student who may otherwise objectively be more qualified. Harvard and UNC were in effect asking the Supreme Court to enforce discrimination. The liberals, of course, don't see it that way, because they believe in the greater good of promoting not equality under the law, folks, but racial or gender equity, meaning there must be equality of racial and gender outcomes. There must be quotas regardless of merit. Of course, there's another way to increase the chance that your child will be admitted to so called elite universities. Demand that schools and unionized teachers do a better job teaching our children, but much more important, help your own children study and do their homework. Demand that they become better students. Thankfully, in twenty twenty five, we're all learning that the best thing you could ever do for your children is not send them to Harvard. And since I admire them so much, I can only hope that somebody is influential in pop culture, as Michael Conley comes to agree with that, even if he despises Donald Trump. Meantime, this summer, if you're soaking up sun on the beach, you know, Coney Island, Michigan, wherever you're able to go, watching James Comey arranging death threats with seashells, keep in mind that the fiction you are reading may slip in some truly fictitious liberal propaganda.
Speaker 3: What do your sayd Cousel, I agree with you completely. It isn't crazy that the equity component, this idea that you are going to admit someone purely based upon the color of their skin, even though they haven't the educational foundation, the quality of excellence, that the universities expect the merit to compete against other students ignoring the color of their skin. That that is a product of what they claim to be a systemically racist society. That's the reason you want to let someone in who otherwise wouldn't qualify to enter the higher education because they can't.
Speaker 1: You know, they're not on.
Speaker 3: Par with some other student who has the higher standards, who tested higher, who has met the merit component. And yet if you look where the education came from, public education most notably is where I'm thinking, and on the heels of this revelation from California that they're going to let students who get a twenty after taking a test multiple times as many times it takes to pass that they somehow are capable or are deserving of a high school diploma, that you're going to allow one of those folks to get in when the system itself has failed them. The educational system that's supposed to provide them with the foundational building blocks to have the merit to compete against other students to get into the education system that they've grade to the quality of the education such that you can leave the school without those foundational building walks. In other words, you don't qualify to get into college because you can't appreciate and understand the college level material. So it's it's a top to bottom thing. And then they want to blame the system. Well, if you want to blame the system, then blame the failure of the education system below college for allowing people to move forward in life when they don't have the skills necessary to get into the next grade. I mean, it's just the whole thing is structurally unsound.
Speaker 13: Jack.
Speaker 15: In fairness, it was San Francisco, not the entire state of California that trying to impose that twenty one percent threshold, yeah, for a deed passing, and it was overturned in San Francisco, but only because there was an outcry from conservative media. Otherwise it would be there. And they're going to put something like that back under another nick. That's what they always do.
Speaker 3: But I mean, we all know about great inflation, we all know about you know, at Harvard, at Harvard, Yeah yeah, and I know an entire.
Speaker 15: Movement affirmative action DEI. When it concerns blacks, it's about reparations. And the question becomes, and I don't think that it's a whole racist or unfair. You know, at what point do you stop talking about reparations and at what point do you talk about pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps? In a way, this country that we both love so much, everybody in your audience does, has always been quote unquote racist, not just on the slavery issue, all of the waves of immigrants who came to our country, the Irish, Germans, Jews, Eastern Europeans, people coming from Asia now, they have always faced discrimination of one sort or another, either institutionalized or just the kind that you met on the streets. And the answer, of course, was to work hard to assimilate. It was a wonderful movie that came out a few years ago. It's called Brooklyn, and it was about a young girl who came to America from Ireland. There was an arrangement made through the church to find her a job so that something was waiting for her here. She would not have been admitted to America without having a job waiting. But she went to night school and learned to be an accountant. And we understood by the end of the movie that she and her Italian husband, that she met Italian American who also faced a level of discrimination. We're both going to be very successful. Not hyphenated Americans, but Americans. And at one point you've got to ask yourself, especially if you're a liberal, when am I going to expect people.
Speaker 1: To be grown ups?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I've been advocating for this Medicaid reform, where you know, if you're able bodied and capable of work, and you're not lifting a finger to try to move yourself forward and free yourself from the bbilical court of government, I find the whole concept preposterous. Here we are offering an opportunity. You can continue your Medicaid and get your medical coverage. Just work twenty hours a week, or just go to a trade school for twenty hours a week.
Speaker 1: Do something.
Speaker 3: Even community service will qualify you to continue your health care. It's just a question of actually getting involved and participating and hopefully better in your life?
Speaker 15: Mean what the liberals really want, Brian, as you know, they want a headline. They want to be able to go out and say Trump and the Republicans want to cut Medicaid, and it ends there and once it's proven that what Trump and the Republicans really are trying to do is to end waste, fraud and abuse, keep people who young, people, able bodied, people who just don't want to work, keep them from getting Medicaid, and other people who are committing to Medicaid fraud. You know, then you never hear anything about it. The liberals move on to some other headline. I don't even say issue, because they have no issues. They only have headlines.
Speaker 3: Indeed, well, and I think the original predict for the Medicaid was to help those with with significant disabilities and the poor elderly from going without. The purpose was not for a permanent, free medical system. And for those who are who get into the Medicaid program, it's a temporary lifeline until you get off of it. So the Republican measures are consistent with the idea of helping people help themselves. Yes, we will help you out, but you must start to move toward freedom. And that is education. Freedom comes from education, its from everybody remembers.
Speaker 15: During the Obama administration, and remember, Barack Obama wanted to have nationalized healthcare. Obamacare was just a step toward that, and he was always looking for a way to turn more and more of one sixth of our economy, the healthcare industry, over to the government. But during the Obama administration, they raised the threshold for Medicaid. You were able to essentially have a middle class income and still qualify for Medicaid. And who went along with that? Right here in Ohio A man I liked a lot. We weren't friends, but we were very nicely acquainted. Our governor John Kasik, who went on to become I don't know what happened at John Kaysick, but he became so sanctimonious and so yeah, you know, once he won a couple of primaries that you know, now he was, you know, not answering to the voters anymore. He was answering to Saint Peter and well, a lot of damage and we're dealing with that now. We have people on the Medicaid roles who have no business being there given, as you say, the original intention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you broke it down great, Jack out of it, as you always do. I was intrigued by the subject matter topic, not knowing where you were going to go with beware of what you read on the beach.
Speaker 1: It's always you.
Speaker 15: Know the way the government follows you. I don't want people to know where I'm going.
Speaker 3: Jack Brilliants always shines through every Wednesday, and I appreciate the segment we have each week and already looking forward to next Wednesday with another discussion. You have a wonderful week, and best of health and love to you and your better half, my friend. Here's your Channel nine first one and one fore cask and be partly cloudy day to day, rising humidity at a high of eighty seven, got a slight chanceer rain overy night down to sixty nine and then a good chance of rain tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Even some storms are possible. Eighty two for the high, overnight.
Speaker 3: Low of sixty eight with scattered showers remaining, and showers and storms are expected on Friday as well. Seventy eight for the high Friday. It's seventy one right now. If you have KERC detalk station, what's going on with traffic?
Speaker 7: Chuck Korm from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts and you see health learn more at ucehealth dot com. Northbound seventy five continues to be the heaviest of the highways and even that's not all that bad. Slowly a bit between Buttermilk from downtown for a couple of extra minutes. Cruis are working within a construction fire in Butler County. That's onnother New London near Howard's Creek, king Ramont. Fifty five KRSC the talk station.
Speaker 3: It is seven twenty eight, fifty five KRCD Talk Station. A very happy Wednesday to you again listener. Lunch Mantree Brewery, Summits Park location usually starts about eleven thirty. You can get there whenever you want, and I just hope to see you today. It's a great fellowship and always a pleasure to welcome back to the fifty five krc Morning Show at this time of the week. Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity to comment on the Ohio Sentence GOP version of the budget. Welcome back, Donovan. Great to have you on the program again. Bryan, always a pleasure to be with you. All Right, I'm having a difficult time. I know you want to talk about the two point seventy five percent flat tax. I'm all in favor of that, I get it. But yeah, I'm sorry, I'm just frankly I've said used the words pissed off about six hundred million dollars going to the Cleveland brown Stadium brook Park.
Speaker 1: Bah.
Speaker 3: Did you know Donovan and Neil for Americans for Prosperity? The High Department of Commerce has said it's sitting on four point eight billion dollars in unclaimed funds. They got a pile of money. They're four point eight billion worth of the things like forgotten bank accounts, rent utility deposits, and uncashed insurance policies. And apparently when the Browns ask for money, they can tap into that and pull out six hundred million dollars and hand it over to them.
Speaker 14: Well, I think it's an interesting way, and it's a long way from where we started in this conversation, right which the original proposal was raising taxes.
Speaker 5: I oh, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm certainly glad we're not raising taxes to do to do these kinds of things.
Speaker 14: It's at a creative way. The unclaimed funds was a creative way to accomplish that.
Speaker 3: Though, well, it's better than borrowing the money and paying interest over twenty five years by issuing bonds. But fundamentally, we're giving money to a private sports organization owned by private individuals for the benefit of folks who can afford to go into a stadium and pay twelve to fifteen dollars for a beer. I'm sorry, these things never work out, and they say, well, the revenue generated from the taxes on the purchases at the brook Park is more than adequately going to repay the six hundred million dollars we're giving them.
Speaker 1: I'll blow it at here, you know what. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean to catch you off guard, Donovan, but this kind of thing rubs me obviously the wrong way. So we can get back on focus and talk about the flat income tax.
Speaker 14: Well, and I think that's the important thing, right These big budget bills, whether it's one big beautiful bill in DC or you know, the two hundred billion dollar all spend budget here in Ohio, which, by the way, I've got some there's some silver linings there too, you know, there's a reason they say it's the look you're watching the sausage you get made, because none of these things are beautiful or perfect. But I think there's some there's some bright spots in this budget that send a signal that there is a culture shift happening in Columbus, and I think we need to keep our eyes focused on that. And that's certainly what we're doing at AFP is saying focused on the things that we identified as top priorities that this budget delivers on.
Speaker 3: Well, we had a tiered in Well, we do have a tiered income tax system here in the state of Ohio. Correct, And this, this Senate proposal is in line, isn't it with the House proposal to get it down to a flat two point seventy five percent?
Speaker 14: Well, no, knock on our friends in the House, but they actually failed to do that.
Speaker 5: Oh old ones.
Speaker 1: I misremembered of the ones.
Speaker 14: No, that's all right, yeah, the Senate actually, so we launched in fact little self promotion here AFP Ohio. We launched it with Leebray Ohio, a campaign back on May twentieth, a couple of weeks ago, calling on the Senate to put its flat.
Speaker 1: Tax in the budget.
Speaker 14: We're proud to say they did and buy over the course of this biennium. If this budget gets signed by the governors, ultimately, let's get sent and signed by the governor, Ohio will have the lowest rate in the Midwest and be well on its way towards the zero percent income tax position us Well for that, I should say, over the next decade.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's something that gubernatorial candidate and probably our next coverer, Governor of viveg Ramaswami, is advocating for as well. He wants to be he wants to how to be the most competitive state out there.
Speaker 14: Well, and that's a big part of the argument that we've been making. And I think a lot of our friends in the Senate, the folks who are real fiscal stewards and champions of the taxpayer, like George Lang, Senate President, around McCauley, terce Rino, they get that right. They understand that we've got to keep making the margin if we pause that because over the last decade, Brian, by the way, over the last decade, we have cut from nine tax brackets with the top marginal rate at about five percent to this point where we're currently at two brackets, and it's the Senate has their way, we have our way, right, Ohio will be a flat income tax date a two point seventy five percent. It's a phenomenal accomplishment over the last decade. If you ask me, it's taken too long, but hey, we're here now.
Speaker 2: And and what it does is yet, if that's someone like a governor swall me up to give that mandate to the General Assembly and over the eight year seas governor put Ohio at a zero percent income tax, well.
Speaker 3: And that certainly go a long way to making Aye more competitive. I mean, obviously, if you look at like Texas and Florida, businesses flock the states with no income tax.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and that's what in the press converence actually the Senate President was talking about, the Finance Chair, Jerry Serena, was talking about is and it's not just warm weather states, right, folks. Businesses go where them where the economic climate is most favorable. And when we think about economic development, not to bring up the beginning of the segment necessarily, but one of the challenges we have, I believe as a state is because of our complexity, because of the amount of local governments we have because of the tax burning we have compared to states like Texas, Tennessee, or Florida, there's a compelling nature the lawmakers are compelled to use taxpayer dollars to try to lure businesses and develop into the state. We can change that paradigm by creating a foundation that is much more favorable the economic opportunity and prosperity. One of the key ingredients of that is having a zero percent income tax states. So when you bring your employees to Ohio, you can tell them they're going to keep all of their hard earned money yea, that they earn nine to five Monday through Friday. It's great policy and great politics.
Speaker 3: It is now Obviously things like this get pushback. And since the House did not have that, and I apologize for misremembering that ALS build ninety six past the House in April, that this is going to be a reconciliation process that goes on between the Senates version of the House version.
Speaker 14: Then well, fortunately in Ohio we're not as complex and convoluted as Washington, DCA. We have our own laws. But yeah, so what we've got right now is we're really on a clock. We have till probably about June twelfth is when the Senate is expected to vote on the floor for their version of the budget. What that would do is then send it back over the House and they'll do a They'll do a what's called a concurrence vote, and typically they vote that down.
Speaker 1: Depending on what this product is, it's maybe it just.
Speaker 14: Makes sense to vote straight up and concur But if they fail to concur which is historically what happens, they go into a conference committee, sort of hash some details out, send the bill back out.
Speaker 1: So pretty straightforward process.
Speaker 14: In that once the Senate's done, it really then goes to a combined committee of the finances finance committees in the House and Senate to kind of reconcile the process and send it to the governor.
Speaker 3: Now, do you find faults with anything that's currently in the Senates version that you prefer the House version? Obviously the House version doesn't have the cap of two point seventy five, so there's a difference there. But are there things in the House bill that aren't in the Senate bill that AFP and my listeners should know about.
Speaker 14: Well, I think what you saw with the House budget. To answer your question, directly, No, based on what we're seeing right now. In fact, what it looks like the Senate has done, and this is sort of what they've done historically over the past decade or so. In fact, you'll see the House increase spending from what the executive has asked for, and the Senate often over the last several years, has come in and cut curb spending, restraint spending from what the House is looking for. The House actually curb spending about four point one billion dollars from what Governor.
Speaker 1: Dwine asked for.
Speaker 14: The Senate came in and found another one point six billion in in moneies that just don't fit the proper role of government. And so I think what we're seeing, I think it's a combination of former Senate President Matt Huffman in leading the House Chamber and new Senate President Rob mccaullay, who's a long time AFP Bucket Blueprint champion, bringing his you know, restraint to the philosophy of leading to the Senate Chamber.
Speaker 1: And we've got two legislative leaders, two legislative chambers that.
Speaker 14: Are really dialed in on the idea that you know, this money isn't Columbus's money, it's the people of Ohio's money, and we've got to exhibit fiscal stewardship because you know, you know, for all the reasons Conservatives exhibit fiscal stewardship, and that I think what we're seeing here and so I think they took a good product, made it even better, and I think our hope is sifting.
Speaker 1: Through it still that this is probably a very good product.
Speaker 14: Maybe you can make some additional tweaks and modifications, but let's get this thing done and get it to the governor and deliver on a flat tax for ohilands.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 3: It sounds like both sides are in the right going in the right direction. In terms of those who are opposed to reducing the income tax, I'm sure they're screaming about not being able to afford what we do here in Columbus on behalf of the Ohioans. How will they deal with less revenue? Is the reduced revenue by reducing this tax satisfied by the cuts that have been offered by the House and Senate.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's sort of the idea, and really what we've argued we did. We worked with the Buckeye Institute, Greg Lawson and Ray Hederman to put together a study a couple of years ago on how you get Ohio those zero percent income tax.
Speaker 1: One of the key ways you do is just don't grow government so dang fast. Right, you can grow it, just don't grow it so dang fast.
Speaker 14: And that's what I think we're seeing in this budget where I'm historic, be notoriously bad at math Brian, but I think you know, the governor wanted to grow the budget by about I think eight percent over the last by anium. What the Senate comes in at is just the just about four and a half percent growth by anium over by anem And so when we just grow it maybe where it's necessary right, where you just have inflationary policies or what have you that have caused that delivery of services to go up, that's the kind of fiscal restraint we're asking for that enables you to then buy down the tax. And that's what we're that's what we're doing in this budget.
Speaker 5: As far as we can.
Speaker 3: Tell, Donald Neil, Americans for Prosperity usually end with the call of action? Is there one today? And is there a website? My listeners should go.
Speaker 14: To Buckeye Blueprint dot com flash soo s Buckeye Blueprint dot com slash sos. There's some information in dowalod there. And then we're going to be having a rally in Columbus next week to encourage lawmakers to finish the job and get this done and vote this budget over to the House and so go there you can find out some more details and we'd love to have you join us in Columbus.
Speaker 3: Courage my listeners to do just that. AFP Donovan and Eil. Pleasure having you back on today. Keep keeping us in form and reminding me about things that happened and didn't happen but I can't remember. Great having you on, Donnav. We'll talk again next week. Have a wonderful week in the meantime, always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Take care. It's seven thirty eight. We're gonna talk about flag Day.
Speaker 3: Steve Belzo from the Kima County Veteran Services up next. After I mentioned Pressed Deesionteriers. Because if you want your kitchen done, you want it done right. Remodeling your kitchen well, it takes expertise that John Ryan a Pressige Pressed Eesionteriers will deliver for you much in the same way he delivered for us. You want to gut your entire kitchen, start from scratch. Let John do the work. You want to do a simple project like simple replacement of cabinets and counter tops, leaving the kitchen in the same sort of form, then John will do that. Anything in between, big small, He handles it. He's been doing kitchens almost exclusively for about thirty five years a plus with a better business Bharreau. That's pressedesionteriors from initial design to final installation. John's your true partner in the kitchen room Moodel project. Get in touch with him. Go to Prestes one two three dot com. Learn all the information there and see some of them before and after pictures. Call him up tell him Brian said high five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC this September Center Megan.
Speaker 11: Some Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dimensions. Find answers from leading brain health experts at you see Help.
Speaker 7: Learn more at you see help dot com.
Speaker 11: North Pound seventy five, the heaviest of the highway traffic out of earl Linger into downtown. You're looking at close to a ten minute delay. Now northbound fourth seventy one filling in just a bit from Memorial as this southbound seventy five through the lock one split southbound seventy one looking pretty good into Kenwood. Chuck Ingramom fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven forty three fifty five KRCD talk station. Happy Wednesday in studio. Always a pleasure to have him here, Steve Belzo, the executive director of the Klema County Veteran Service Commission. God bless Steve and his service to our entry and his ongoing service with the services provided by the Clemic County Veterans Service Commission, and to talk about something of vital importance to him and all veterans, and I would hope the vast majority of the American people.
Speaker 1: Flag Day. Good to have you in the studio, Brian.
Speaker 17: You're the coffee of Cincinnati. So thanks for being out here.
Speaker 3: Bro, that's a nice compliment. I appreciate that anyhow. You know, I love the flag, and for me, the flag stands for freedom. Freedom, freedom for you and me to live as we choose to live in a country doesn't force us to live in a particular way, and that's what the symbol stands for. And I hate the fact that people use it as a source of division.
Speaker 17: As a token to somehow divide the masses. I know, it makes no sense. They thrive to enter our country, and yet then there's this movement to disgrace the symbol that we have.
Speaker 3: Well, and Flag Day is a great idea for us to get back on track, and it is coming up June fourteenth. When was the first Flag Day?
Speaker 1: In hell? Long as we have we been I hope celebrating.
Speaker 17: Wow. Yeah, So the actual adoption of the flags back in seventeen seventy seven, we know, but the celebration of Flag Day started back in nineteen sixteen. However, it wasn't until President Woodrow Wilson, of all people, of all people, in nineteen sixteen entered legislation, but it didn't take and then it wasn't until nineteen forty nine. So you think about that, thirty three years later, the National Flag Day was adopted by an Act of Congress. Isn't that something?
Speaker 3: It is? It's sad when you think about it, but thank god at least they got around to it, right.
Speaker 1: Right, right?
Speaker 17: I guess World War One kind of set it aside in sixteen.
Speaker 1: I don't know a little distracted by that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can imagine anyway, I tell you what we're up at a break, but we'll continue to talk about the reason we fly the flag and why we should and the events coming up more with Steve Belzo from the Climate Couty Veterans Service Commission, and God bless each and everyone there for all that you're doing for our veteran quick word for foreign exchange, get your car fixed for less. Traditionally import manufactured cars, whether from Asia or Europe, and Tesla's emphasize on that because they're all trained to service Teslas as well. Foreign exchange. I go to the Westchester location, Tylersville eLEGS of Office seventy five East two Streets, right on Kinglin. It's so close to the intersection right there, and it's where you get your car fixed for less. They have awesome a SC certified Master technicians. You leave with the full warranty on parts and service, and the best part about it and the resion you go there not just for the great customer service. It's less money to have your car fixed at foreign exchange. I know this from personal experience year after year after year, and I wish I knew how much I've saved over the years. And it's a heap load. I guarantee you that so haven't take care of your car. They have the data access to all the manufacturers technical information, and they service everything from the exotic to the run of the mill. Foreign exchange online Foreign X one of the letter X the Westchester phone number five one three six six twenty six, six four four twenty.
Speaker 4: Six, twenty six fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: What quick channadai wether forecast. Cloudy day today and humidity rising eighty seven for the high. Got some clouds and a chance of rain every night, just a slight sixty nine tomorrow, a good chance of rain during the day along with the potential for shower or storms rather eighty two for the High. Some more scattered showers over night sixty eight and more rounds of showers than storms expected for Friday on a high of seventy eight. Seventy one Now Traffic time from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts at You'd see help learn more at you'd see health dot com. Northbound seventy five, close to a ten minute delay from Donaldson into downtown southbound seventy five. Add an extra five through Wakland southbound two seventy five heavy get once again between the Lawrence purg Ramp and the bridge Shaw kingbram On fifty five krc the talk.
Speaker 3: Station seven fifty fifty five KRCV talk Station. A Happy Wednesday. Steve Belzo in studio, Executive director of the Comic County Veterans Commission, talking about Flag Day. It's next Saturday, and I have the honor of participating in the flag retirement ceremony every year will be at the Union Township Civic Center, and I'm going to be honored to say a few words there and learn how to properly dispose of a flag. And there is a proper way, right, And let's maybe briefly talk about that, Steve.
Speaker 17: Sure, you know most people are flying a flag that's tattered, torn, worn, dirty.
Speaker 1: Don't let Steve tam see that.
Speaker 17: No, And then.
Speaker 1: He'll give you an earfull.
Speaker 17: Homeowners aren't sure what to do. They may throw it in the trash, they may just let it continue to fly in this ragged captain.
Speaker 1: Faded. Really, it's almost like a white piece of cloth at right the time.
Speaker 17: Right so that there is a serviceability to our United States flag. And when you see it starting to tear or it's becoming fraid worn, faded out, pull it down, put up a fresh one. But now what do I do with the one I just retired? Great question. There is a description in many military manuals and the Department Offense of how we retire and dispose of a flag. And that's done in a discrete ceremony, Brian. It's not done by wearing it into a new pair of shorts. We're not burning it in the front yard. It is a small, discrete way. Matter of fact that Claremont County veterans, we have a box where you can I buy another hook to dispose of your worn flag and we will take care of that discrete flag ceremony for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's all what the flag retirement ceremony is all about. And there are drop off locations all around. It doesn't take much to find out where they are. It makes sure you just don't throw it in the trash. I mean, it is absolutely it's a sign of disrespect. And if you really truly have respect for the flag as well, you should. You should take care of it properly when it's reached the end of its life and don't fly a tattered, worn flag that in and of itself is a sign of disrespect. And that's the purpose of retiring the flag. Why should we fly the flag? I have one minds up all the time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I love driving into my driveway and see my flag hanging there, right, because again, freedom it is.
Speaker 17: It is freedom. But there are some caveat with that. If you were flying your flag twenty four hours a day from dusk to dawn, she should be illuminated. There should be lights illuminating her. Otherwise we take it down at night. Yes, that is respectful. It's not to be hanging out beside the tree, and I guess they'll see it in the morning, So have it illuminated at night. Many of these flagpoles today have this rechargeable battery and they shine down on the flag, and that's the purpose.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 17: So I love my neighbors and all and people like you that are standing for liberty, justice and freedom for all, which is what that great flag stands for. The whole world recognizes the United States flag.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 3: And you know what I pointed out off air that you know, I think one of the tragedies, if you can even call that, of the fall of the Soviet Union, that was our moral barometer. That was the country of breadlines and political prisoners and oppression, right and outright murder of citizenry. You think about Stalin and all the people that they killed, because you know, good ideas don't require force. Bad ideas require force. Right, the flag represents the antithesis of that.
Speaker 17: When you are taking a naval or model forward to a foreign country. We see four pillars of power in the United States or of any government, diplomacy, information, military, and economic. When they see the military force off their shores flying the United States flag, they know whose navy and Marines are on board. It is a show of force, and it is a force of strength because they can recognize the flag that's flying.
Speaker 3: And the accomplishments of the American military in the name of freedom. I mean, we're not perfect.
Speaker 1: Nobody has that's right. Nobody is well trying.
Speaker 3: We're not going to come there to conquer you, take you over and force things upon you or lock you up for your thoughts and beliefs.
Speaker 17: It's freeing other citizens in other countries bring in diplomacy.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd like to encourage all my listeners to if you don't have a flag, why not get one?
Speaker 17: Why they're inexpensive. Matter of fact, if you need one to fly, come see me in the Clarmont County Office.
Speaker 1: I have one for you.
Speaker 17: Then you will fly respectfully from a proper position in front of your house. But I gotta say, Brian Flag Day June fourteenth is also the Armies, my sisters and another service two hundred and fiftieth birthday exactly? Is that a by centennial and a half. I don't know how to count that. I'll just say two fifty.
Speaker 3: It's an amazing accomplishment. And I I read the article this morning from the head of the Defense Department. He wrote a letter just sort of proudly letting everyone know that the Army has already met its recruiting goals. Sixty one thousand enlistedes four months ahead of schedule, and we were behind for the last four years. Yes, no one was signing up. And gee, I wonder why things have changed when you look at.
Speaker 17: The size of our Navy and our army. It takes an exceedingly large combine to bring enough young men and women in to fill the ranks for them to exceed this goal. Is a phenomenal effort by the Army. Good on them, Good on them, and good on you again. Klaimont County Veterans Service Commission. Amazing services they offer for my veterans in the community. You need help with the A benefits and the services, outreach programs, financial assistance. You could just go down the line. It would take me a couple of hours to get through it.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 3: You need to talk to Steve and the good people to the climat County Veteran Service Commission, and maybe even pick up a flag if you don't have one. I'm very kind of you to offer that and thank you again for your service to our country.
Speaker 1: Steve.
Speaker 3: It's always a pleasure seeing you. And I'll be at the Union Cemetery or the Union Civic Center, Union Township next Saturday. What time is it start one one o'clock, so be there and you can also witness how to properly dispose of a flag. The Boy Scouts always show up and go through that procedure and it's a wonder wonderful event. Gentlemen, take care, great seeing you and proudly support the United States flag or remember the freedom that it stands for.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Thanks for your support, brother, my pleasure.
Speaker 3: Seven fifty seven fifty five care see talk station AF top of the our news, We're going to be hearing from Mike Tripple, the director and instructor for the Southern High Technical Institute Trades.
Speaker 1: There's jobs in the trade.
Speaker 3: He's going to be talking all about a trade schools and special opportunities.
Speaker 1: I'll be next at the top of the hour. Every day we discover something new and important the day's top stories on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report Nicolin Institute of a man who's gonna confirm I firmly believe what I just got done, saying Mike Triple, the director and instructor at the Southern Ohio Technical Institute. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Mike. It's a real pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, great to be on.
Speaker 3: Well, and I got to tell you Steve Belzo from the Klema County Veteran Service Commission just walked out of the studio when he found out you were on the program, he immediately began singing your praises. He's the guys, a wonderful guy, a true humanitarian, a true patriot, And he went and gave me a few stories about some things that you had done for his veteran friends, and I just want to salute you for for those efforts and just to pass along that Steve thinks the world of you, sir.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's great. Steve's a great guy and those things that he mentioned to you, that was my pleasure. I was more than happy to do that for our vets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I know, I know you do.
Speaker 3: And that's why I wanted to sing your praises out loud so I listen the kind of quality and character guy you are now pivoting over. Let my listeners know this is a trade school HVAC and refrigeration, and there are careers out there in these in the trades in HVAC are careers correct, There.
Speaker 16: Is absolutely, as a matter of fact, the numbers on that reflect that we are going through what we call a mass retirement of what we are actually referred to in the industry as the silver tsunami. That's guys that are the baby boomers that we're coming up through these trades, hvac in particular, and they are retiring, okay, at a very high rate right now. So in the next two to five years, we are in need of about over forty thousand new hires to fill these positions over throughout the United States of course, per year in the next five years for the HVAC industry particularly.
Speaker 3: And when you graduate from the Southern Ohio Technical Institute, you are career ready.
Speaker 6: Yes, you are. Yeah.
Speaker 16: What we do is we have a program, a ten week accelerated course, and basically what we do is we give you the tools as an individual to be rehired or be a new what we call a new hire into the industry. So you are ready to go in and start building your career and actually expanding your education in the HVAC industry when you leave our school.
Speaker 1: Now, how many hours does it take to complete the course?
Speaker 16: The course is a two hundred hour course ten weeks. We have both evening classes and we have morning classes. The morning classes from nine till two and then our evening classes are five till ten. Those are four days a week, Monday through Thursday.
Speaker 3: And what kind of certifications do these students earn when they're when they complete the program.
Speaker 16: The certifications that are earned, we have that what is called a six oh eight EPA certification, which is a must certification. You have to have that certification or you cannot work in the HVAC refrigeration industry. That's you get that certification. You also get an OSHA Safety certification, which is a great hiring enhancement for the employers because you've already had safety training. You also will receive an HVAC Excellence Employment Ready Electrical certification. You also will receive an HVAC Excellence air Conditioning certification, and you also will receive an A to L refrigerant certification. What are the new refrigerants that are coming on to the market right now today, and those are the ones that are replacing the ones that we have now to help with the greenhouse effect that these refrigerants are actually bringing onto the.
Speaker 1: The industry.
Speaker 16: Okay, so it said a two L certification will beginning, So five certifications wow in total?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well ten weeks and your career ready. I mean, this to me is just absolutely what the world needs. And of course, with the demand out there for HVAC folks, you.
Speaker 1: Know this is career. This is career stuff here.
Speaker 3: I mean the salaries as you have on your website, which I let my listeners though is s O T I dash hvac dot com. You can get all the information about the program. And also I wanted to focus on the Shore grant s h O R let my listeners know about that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the Short grand is a great uh, is a great tool financing tool, Okay for these young people that are wanting to get into the industry. And for the vets.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 16: The Charles Shore Foundation has partnered with our school and for the veteran I'll go over those first.
Speaker 1: Please veteran uh.
Speaker 16: For the veterans, UH, they can come to our school and say if the veteran has already exhausted his post nine to eleven benefits and maybe went to another school and he's uh went through that four year course or whatever and the business course and you know he figured out what that really isn't what I wanted to do. But now his benefits have been exhausted. Okay, we come in with the Charles Short brand and we will give that veteran a full ride okay to our school. And that full ride will include would pull tuition. It includes actually a gas stiphen for them to come to and from school, and we also provide tools for them to start into the industry after they after they have graduated.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's great and God bless you and for helping out the American veterans because you know this is the g I Bill cover this as well.
Speaker 16: You know, well the GI Bill does cover it. That is, so many veterans go out into the world and when they actually when they come in and they get out of the armed forces, unfortunately, you know, they go into something and they spend their benefits and they do something that they really don't want and by the time they realize that their benefits have been exhausted. Okay, and uh that's where we step in with the Charles Shore grants and we take care of this. But yes, to answer your question, if you're rush out of the service, absolutely, your your post nine to eleven benefits will cover the school tuition.
Speaker 3: Perfect fit for military veterans looking for a career path. It sounds like now I'm guessing and you can fill in the blanks for me, Mike, that HVAC companies out there who I guess are searching for people for these roles know about the Southern High Technical Institute. Are they knocking on your door asking for graduates?
Speaker 16: Oh? Absolutely, we get tons and tons of phone calls every day, and real quick, I want to kind of step back a little bit too. We also have this program, Charles Shore Grant available for high school students. Okay, mister Shore thinks that that is a very important part, Okay, that these high school students need to be aware of that they have options. They don't always have to go to college.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 16: And so we offer the same benefit. If you were a a student in high school and you are ninety days before graduation or ninety days after graduation, you were eligible for this Charles Shore Grant.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fantastic. I know there's some parents out there. They'll be steering their kids in the direction of the Southern High Technical Institute because yeah, I mean, you can work your entire life in the HVAC A refrigeration industry. You can put a food on your family's table, a career opportunity, and you don't have to go into debt one hundred plus thousand dollars. With a college education, you may come out the other side that if you find out it's worthless.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and not to mention think about this. A lot of these careers are a lot of these educations, that's so called educations, okay, and they're great educations in a lot of cases. But guess what we have the new factor going in AI. We don't have to worry about AI and our industry quite honestly, because you know what, you always are going to have to be kept warm, always going to.
Speaker 2: Need your.
Speaker 16: Refrigeration for your grocery industry, so on and so forth. So guess what we're not going to be affected by.
Speaker 1: AI, nor is this job.
Speaker 16: It's just a great, great thing to get into. And I think that. And when you mentioned about hiring and companies calling us, they call us every day. We actually have two large job fairs every year which involves about sixteen of the local companies around the greater Cincinnati area and our school. Presently, for our graduates, we're at about an eighty five percent job placement. So we not only will educate you, we also it's serious business for us. We want to see you out there and work, and so we are involved from A to Z from the time you go to school till the time you get hired with a company.
Speaker 3: Well, and I'd recommend my listeners check out the website again. It's SOTI Technical Institute s t I dash hvac dot com. You got some really interesting and sort of moving stories about some of the graduates overcoming challenges in life and pursuing this as a career absent or after efforts in other areas. Because you alluded to veterans sometimes find themselves in a job that they really don't like and this is an option for them. But you've got some really good success stories. They're posted on your website as well.
Speaker 16: Absolutely we do. Yeah, we we have a lot of great stories and a lot of great individuals and a lot of great young people have come through this program. And I'll tell you what it is. The desire of our school to see you succeed.
Speaker 6: That's what we're here for.
Speaker 16: We're here to see you get into a career. Okay, not just an education, but a career. It's going to last you for life. And by the way, you know, profit's not a dirty word either. The these guys you're starting out usually at about a forty thousand dollars a year based salary, okay while they're training. And guess what, within five years, if you really put yourself to it and you are a season serviceman going to a season service tech position, you're making high five figures and then sometimes you reach six figures.
Speaker 3: Oh my, well, that steals it right there, Mike, Mike tribal director and instructor at Southern Technical Institute. There's a career and a money and opportunity for you in the HVAC in refrigeration field. And you can get that degree again two hundred hours ten weeks, go during the day, go after work in the evening. If you can manage to fit that in your schedule, and you're on your way to freedom and a career opportunity with people barking down the doors looking to hire you. It's you know what, Mike, I'm so happy I was able to have you on the program to talk about this, you know, just one of the trades demonstrating that there are options for folks out there without a college degree, and for even those folks who are victims of the four year program finding themselves without employment. You art degree majors out there, get the HVAC field, get in touch with the Southern Technical Institute, and you may even qualify for that shot grant. Mike, outstanding, man, I appreciate you what you're doing.
Speaker 1: That great and now real.
Speaker 3: Quick here, Yeah, do you have classes starting soon? Is there a rotation on this? How does it work?
Speaker 16: Absolutely? These we go every ten weeks. So our next class both day and night classes, they start from July are once coming up July fourteenth through September the eighteenth. Then we will also have classes one from August fourth running through October ninth. Those are the next classes that are going to be available.
Speaker 3: Well, and I checked out the pricing. Even if you don't qualify for a shot grant, this is a very affordable program considering the return on investment. Man, this is amazing Southern High Technical Institute. Mike, it has been a pleasure having you on the program, and I'll encourage my listeners to get the link on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com or go directly to s O T I dash HVAC dot com and learn about it for yourself.
Speaker 1: Mike, keep up the great work, my friend.
Speaker 5: It's great.
Speaker 16: It's been a great pleasure being on your show.
Speaker 1: My pleasure.
Speaker 3: Indeed, it's eight nineteen folks fifty five KRC detalk station. Oh look, timing is everything. Zimmer Heating and Air Conditioning. I don't know if they're hiring over at ZIMBER, but I know they do great work. And if you're a superior to customer service and you've got a degree from the Southern Ohio Technical Institute, you may very want to go and check out Zimmer Heating and Cooling. But for those folks out there that had their system, go belly up your HVAC system. You can get a brand new carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling. The experts at ZIMRA been making Cincinnati area home safe, efficient and comfortable for about eighty years. Third generation, Oh look, three generations at hvac folks making a career out of it, and Chris Mbers at the helm right now, get in touch with them while the special's going on again. Fifteen hundred and fifty dollars savings off a new cool carrier comfort system. Chris can be reached at five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five to one ninety eight ninety three. Online, It's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Here's your channel nine first one to one of more casts.
Speaker 3: We got a partly cloudy day, rising humidity is what they're saying, and a high of eighty seven. Cloud and a slight chance rain every night, down of sixty nine. Got a good chance of rain tomorrow long and maybe some storms eighty two. The high tomorrow, scattered store showers overnight with clotty skies in a low of sixty eight, and then more showers and storms are expected on Friday.
Speaker 1: Friday's high seventy eight. It's seventy four right now, in time for traffic from the.
Speaker 11: UCF Tramping Centermigins of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain help experts and you see hell.
Speaker 7: We learn more atucehelp dot com.
Speaker 11: Eastbound two to seventy five, crews continue to work with an accident. Before you get to forty two, they are over on the right hand side. Traumfik is back and I'm close to seven forty seven. Southbound seventy five slows through Lachmann. Northbound's running heavy from Buttermilk into town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Hey thirty here fifty five KRCY Talkstation and Happy Wednesday. Invitational listener Lunch today Mattree Brewery, Summit Park location.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: Love the fellowship at listener lunch and if you haven't been to one, maybe you come up to the show up today and welcoming back to the fifty five CARS Morning Show. One of the more prominent figures behind the signature drive to save Hyde Park Square, John Zinzer, Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show and a big congratulations see you and all the signature gatherers for really hitting a home run and getting way more than was needed to get on the ballot this November.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian, and I'm no more significant than all three hundred for the people who are out there more than three hundred collecting signatures.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate it having us back.
Speaker 3: And as you mentioned last time, you were on folks from all kinds of neighborhoods throughout the city of Cincinnati. We're backing this because you know, as I mentioned before, I think it's there. But for the grace of God, go iy it happened to Bond Hill. It happened to Hyde Park since the city Council, you know, modifying the zoning rules to help well connected developers do what they want in the face of what their own constituents wanted. I mean, I just I get so irked by this John that they absolutely flat out refused to listen to the throngs that showed up in opposition to this hotel and apartment and underground parking. I mean, it's described as a boutique hotel. It's not like that's going to solve the homeless problem or the housing shorts in the city of Cincinnati. Plus, I mean when you look at the designs and the drawing of it, yes, it is about the size in many cases, Despite what council Member Mika Owens said about it, I'm wi you.
Speaker 2: We're really proud of the twenty two different neighborhoods that were represented in the among the collectors, the circulators of petitions, and we had signatures from all over the city. And you're word that may be a really good one, right there is. People are irked, people would like to be heard. We gave city Council chance after chance after chance, starting in January at the Planning Commission staff meeting, more than seven hundred emails, sixty people speaking against, four people speaking for. That was a really good chance where we could have just said, you know what, this isn't the right way to go, let's do something else. They didn't. Here's the really good news today though, we are giving City Council yet another chance. They have a wonderful second opportunity today to begin the process. They could excuse me, repeal the decision from April twenty third, and everything could get started. We want the smart development. We're open to the developer engaging with us and sticking to the zon and that could happen. All City Council has to do is repeal their decision. They have that opportunity now, and if they don't, and I have to say, I really wonder I don't have a crystal ball. I'm not going to try to predict what City Council would do. We are ready and waiting to go into a ballot drive. I feel very comfortable that we can motivate the same kind of response we got to the signatures to turn out voters and have people say you have to listen to the neighborhoods, you have to listen to the people. You can't just listen to the developers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this concept really, this voter initiative, the citizen initiative to have control over their lives. I think it just it transcends development. I mean, you're taking a stand against a council who won't listen. I don't care what issue it is. I mean there was no question and I go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and I touched on this once before. I believe in a twenty twenty four place on engagement for the city, ten glassy pages beautifully produced, the words neighborhood council and community council don't appear once. This administration and this iteration of City Council is very clear that they know what we need and they don't need to hear from us. Yeah, they really want our vote, they really don't want our voice. Is how it feels. And that's what this is really about. And that's why I have such comfort about November. If it comes to that again, I think City Council should do the right thing and repeal this right now. But if they don't, I think citizens are going to show up. And if I ask you the question, hey, do you want to say in what goes on in your neighborhood or do you want a developer to make a little bit more money. I think I'll get the right answer to that most times.
Speaker 1: John, with our question. And you know what, this is kind of like it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: And I think council and the mayor of lost the conc of representative democracy. The citizens of the city of Cincinnati didn't elect this group to be dictators and control exclusively the direction of the city. They're there to represent the will of the citizenry, which differs from neighborhood to neighborhood. That's what irked me about the connected communities thing. They shoved down everybody suits. They didn't listen to any local communities about that. Some embraced the concept, others outright wanted to reject it, but they all wanted control locally. And all the communities are different in many respects. I mean the Hyde Park is a great illustration of that. You're not the same as bond Hill. You guys have different needs and different ones and different desires by the citizens. But again it's the citizen who should control. Conceptually, the direction of the city goes.
Speaker 2: Well and specifically neighborhood by neighborhood, as you're saying, we have fifty two fantastic neighborhoods across the city, and many of them were represented in this effort. From Mount Washington all the way to Salor Park. They showed up because they agree with what you're saying. Of we should get a say, and it's not just being known. I don't want to split a hair here. I know City Council listened, but I know we weren't heard. And I've seen plenty of op eds and plenty of Reddit pieces that say, oh, they just don't like the answer. Oh, Hyde Park, it's just another nimby thing. This is anything but not in my backyard. This is not in our city. We want a representative government that not only listens or shows up and sits in the room while we're talking, but communicates and engages. And that's what we're asking from the developer as well. City Hall and the developer, in my opinion, have engaged in this in a very similar manner. They want to do what they want to do.
Speaker 6: They have not.
Speaker 2: Engaged in real dialogue. We certainly sat down with many different council members at different times, some of them took the time to come out to the square, et cetera, but we were not heard. The way to do this was to stop it and say, no, we have We're not giving the PD. We're not giving planned development just because somebody asks for it, and we really want to see that change. And again, city Council has the opportunity. We don't have to wait until November to move forward with this development. We are good for smart development and the zoning is fine. The local zoning could work. We have had other developers say I could make money within the local zoning. Sure they could make more money. Why don't we just let them build one hundred stories and see how much money they could make off of that. So our goal right now, I would encourage City Council to hear us do the repeal, do the right thing. That would help the developer to get started on the process. It would help the citizens to both feel heard and know that the current zoning is being respected and that there'll be some engagement from day one. We've only asked for one thing, that zoning be respected and we engage with the developer in the process. That's all we've asked for. And eighteen four hundred plus people said yeah, we should even vote on that rather than this just going through.
Speaker 1: Amen to that.
Speaker 3: Well, I think illustrative of the attitude of council when I asked, I believe about repealing it, because the various council members were asked about that, Why just throw in the towel and just repeal the variance of the zoning. Council member Mika Owens quoted as saying the following, we are leaving all options open. There's where the sailing part comes in. During tough decisions, I have centered myself in my values. The high park development required me to critically to do it critically centering values around accessible housing for all, support for small businesses, and more spaces for the people of our city to gather in community. Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. This referendum is not about the height. This referendum is on development as a whole. I will always to stand behind projects that share my value use for collective and collaborative growth for the people of the city of Cincinnati. I mean, it's all about what she wants. Apparently I hear those two minds in there. That last line about collective and collaborative. There was nothing collective or collaborative about this process with either the developer or city council. The other piece that's in there, there's nothing in here about housing that actually is going to work for the community, that what we actually.
Speaker 1: Need in this city.
Speaker 2: This is a money making, profit driven piece for the developer, and that is fine. I want developers to make a good, solid profit. That makes great sense, but it shouldn't be cloaked in oh, we're getting city housing. No, you're getting a hotel, and you're getting stuff that's going to be beyond the price range of the vast majority of citizens of this city. That's not answering the issue of the moment.
Speaker 1: It isn't well.
Speaker 3: Her values for collective and collaborative growth apparently don't mean elaborate collaborating with the citizen ry.
Speaker 1: Johnsons or Is you.
Speaker 2: Pointed out those were two bad choices of words and the other pieces. Have you ever been to Hyde Park Square, for say, the Farmer's Market on Sunday or even just a regular summer weeknight. There are people in the square all the time. It is one of the most livable community places in this city, and it's a real treasure. And this would quite simply change that on the forever. It would be a complete change in how people could live there. We would actually lose what I think she's saying. She's very much for of places where people can gather.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hope they do the right thing.
Speaker 3: Actually, I believe repealing the zoning variants and going back to square one will probably help them in their re election efforts in November. But let them sink or swim on the weight of their own decision making.
Speaker 2: I'm not a political expert, but I can't imagine any of their political directors are going, oh, yeah, this is a great issue for us. For the seven people who voted the way they did, I don't think they want to be going looking for getting re elected with us walking around behind them saying you voted the wrong way on this, and all those people from all those neighborhoods with them. I really hope they will help us, help the developer, and help themselves by doing the right thing and repealing.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a good campaign for Corey Bowman. I don't care how you feel one way or another about Corey Bowman, but he has at least that issue to run on the current circumstances John's inzer. I'm really impressed by you and the team and the hard work that you put into this, making a stand for the right thing and standing up to a council who obviously is not listening. This is a true showing of representative democracy and action and the people wanting the representatives to do what they want and go in the direction they want. So great illustration of what can be done when you put some effort behind it. John, keep up the great work, and let's hope they repeal it, but if not, we're off with the polls in November.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 2: It is a great team and we really appreciate your support.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to be here to let people know about it and talk about it, because again you can tell by my agitated voice that it really really irked me to know when John, good luck. We'll talk again before November. If they don't repeal it, I'm certain of that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brian. Thank you. Eight forty two fifty five KRC the talk station, don't go away. I'd be right back for you.
Speaker 7: Are Information mich meant.
Speaker 3: Channel and I first one of one of the forecasts tells us today is going to be a partly cloudy day. Humidity is on the rise, and I'm going to go up to eighty seven degrees. Got clouds of a slight chanceerrain overnight dropping of sixty nine eighty two to the high tomorrow is scattered showers and maybe a few storms as well. Scattered showers overnight with the low of sixty eight. Then Friday I high seventy eight with more showers and scorms expected seventy five degrees. Right now, time for the final traffic Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 7: From the UCUP Trampics Center.
Speaker 11: Millions of Americans are leaving with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts that you see help learn more at you see help dot com.
Speaker 7: He spent two seventy five continues to improve.
Speaker 11: Approaching forty two in Sharonville after an earlier accident. Southbound seventy one runs an extra five minutes from above two seventy five through blue Ash southbound seventy five, having us through Lachman Chuck ingramon fifty five krs, the talk station.
Speaker 3: Eight forty coming up with eight forty nine. If you five k CD talk station they're haven't added, of course, Elon Musk coming out yesterday this I'm sorry, I just can't stand it anymore. He wrote on Acts This massive, outrageous port Field Congressional spending bill is a disgusting abomination.
Speaker 1: Shame on those who voted for it. You know you did wrong.
Speaker 12: You know it.
Speaker 3: He wanted more cuts. Donald Trump having a go at Senator Rand Paul. My friends in the Commonwealth, do you agree with Donald Trump? He had a follow up to his original to eat Senator ran Paul has very little understanding of this bb of the BBB, especially the tremendous growth that is coming. He loves voting no on everything. He thinks it's good politics, but it's not. The BBB is a big winner. Followed up by Rand votes no on everything, but never has any practical or constructive ideas. His ideas are actually crazy parenthetical losers exclamation point. The people of Kentucky can't stand him. My friends in the Commonwealth really feel that way about Senator ran Paul, who clearly does have practical or constructive ideas. He doesn't want to increase the debt ceiling five trillion dollars, five trillion dollars, and it doesn't cut enough the salt deduction's gone up to forty thousand dollars. Republicans did that thanks to three states. And here's the proof that Ran Paul knows what's in it. Let me quote the Senator. I support the tax cuts. I voted for them in twenty seventeen. I support making the tax cuts permanent. I support and voted for basically allowing the tips the note tax on tips, and in fact, it passed the Senate unanimously. I'm hoping they will do that in the House and take it out of the big beautiful bill and do it separately by unanimous consent. If we do that, it actually makes the bill a little easier in terms of the accounting numbers if that part's taken out. I'm for the tax cuts, for making the tax cuts permanent, he repeated. I'm for as many spending cuts as we can get Republicans to vote for. But even if that's not perfect, I'd still vote for the tax cuts and the spending cuts. The thing I am adamantly opposed to is raising the debt ceiling by five trillion dollars. Now here's what, in contrast to what Donald Trump says, he has no practical or constructive ideas. Let me pivot over to what Paul said. I've proposed an alternative. Instead of five trillion, which is estimated to be two years worth of debt, I've said, let's do three months worth of debt, because I don't trust the Republican leadership to an act spending cuts. He's got a historic foundation upon which to make that statement too. I might interject, we'd give them three months worth, which is about five hundred billion, which is hard to believe that five hundred billion is only three months of borrowing. Borrow for three months, and then have the debate again. I have the opposite opinion of what many others have. People say, we don't want to vote on the debt ceiling. It's embarrassing. Let's just do two years and then we only have to vote once during the entire Trump administration. I'd vote on it every day if I had the choice three months, three or four or five months. It's more reasonable.
Speaker 1: And amen to that.
Speaker 3: How about delivering on the maybe more difficult things, cutting non discretionary spending, which they're endeavoring to do with the nine point four billion dollar DOGE cut proposal. According to Speaker Mike Johnson yesterday in a statement today, we have officially received the recisions request. I mean we've got we got budget reconciliation, which only requires a majority in the Senate, barely barely past the House. Because it didn't cut enough. You got an uphill challenge in the Senate with Paul among others. There are other senators who are not pleased because well you got Senator Ron Johnson Wisconsin blasting the bill for not cutting enough spending. Rick Scott of Florida also calling for fiscal sanity in the bill. You can't lose many or any really when it comes right down to it to get fifty one. But anyway, that's under reconciliation. But insofar as recision, we've officially received the recision request from the White House to eliminate nine point four billion in wasteful foreign aid spending at State and USAID and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which funds MPR and PBS.
Speaker 1: The House will act quickly on this request.
Speaker 3: The recision package reflects many of Doge's findings, and as one of the many legislative tools Republicans are using to restore fiscal sanity. Congress will continue working closely with the White House to codify these recommendations, and the House will bring the package to the floor as quickly as possible. See, I think this is leverage to get people who don't really truly believe that the Republicans, like Senator Ram Paul, doesn't believe that the Republicans actually move forward in advance bills that will cut spending.
Speaker 1: So magically.
Speaker 3: On the while the Senate is considering the big, beautiful little bill, and you got guys like Senator Ran Paul talking about five trillion dollars and sadly the only one that sounds like he's voicing his concerns over digging us out into a far bigger hole. They toss out this recision bill to eliminate eight nine point four billion. Now that's a lot of money, but it's nowhere near the amount of money that needs to be cut out of a federal government. Why because we spend trillions of dollars more than we take in every year, or rather they do, and many of commented, the Republicans are going to own the national debt once they've passed this five trillion dollar increase, they're going to blow through that. You know, it's happening. They haven't cut enough to pair back what they spend. Every year, year after year after year, the hole gets deeper and the debt service on what we borrow gets bigger, and it cut requires more money. North of a trillion dollars in debt service one hundred and twenty two percent of gross domestic product already. You haven't seen numbers like this outside of wartime, and we're not in a war.
Speaker 1: Yet.
Speaker 3: Eight fifty five fifty five KR see de talk station talk about an existential threat. I know, I hate you hate me using that word over and over again, but how else can you really sum it up? It is like definitional existential threats going on out there. Big picture with Jack Avian and beware what you read on the beach Always beautiful commentary from Jack and get that podcast at five KRC dot com. Ohio saidate bill they've passed or they've passed and include seven point our two point seventy five flat tax, which is going to be good for the state of Ohio as we move hopefully towards zero income tax. Steve Belsa from the Claimate County Veteran Service Commission INSTUDIO talk about flag day next Saturday. Mike Trimble, Director instructor to Southern Ohio Technical Institute. There's an HVAC job waiting for you right now. It only takes two hundred hours ten weeks and you can get that training and hit the ground running through the Southern hi Technical Institute. Link on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com. Johnsenser, of course on saving Hyde Park Square. Tune in tomorrow. Jack Windsor, editor in chief of the Ohio Press Network. He is an investigative reporter. He does the Windsor Report on ninety eight point nine FM and Columbus. We're going to talk with him tomorrow about Medicaid fraud. Jay, if you're out there your favorite topic, plus the Ohio budget generally speaking that in addition to other guests tomorrow in the morning show, thank you Joe Strecker for producing the program. Truly appreciate what you do. Folks, have a wonderful day. Show up at listener lunch if you can. That'll be the Mad Tree Brewery, Summit Park location, don't go away, clean backs up next, a.
Speaker 14: Full rundown and the biggest headlines there's minutes away.
Speaker 7: At the top of the hour, I'm.
Speaker 15: Giving you a fact now.
Speaker 1: Americans should though fifty five krs the talk station