Speaker 1: This report day is sponsored by blindster dot com. Hi, I'm Kyle at blindster dot com. Blindster is a family run business that began in twenty ten and we've sold millions in custom blinds, shades and shutters and received over one hundred thousand and five star reviews. Don't hire an expensive pro, do it yourself and save big at blindster dot com.
Speaker 2: Time of the wedding, Channel nine says, get sunny skies to day with the highest sixty two clear of a night down to thirty seven. The sunny day tomorrow with the high sixty eight clear overnight dropping to forty and a great day for the UC Bearcats game with sunny skies in the highest seventy two thirty six degrees. Time for traffic Chuck.
Speaker 3: From the Ucy House Tramphy Center.
Speaker 4: Mammograms saved vives called five one three five eight four Pink dischedule your annual mammogram with UCA House X part team. That's five one three, five eight four Pink Crews continue to work with the wreck northbound two seventy five. This is just after you get past the Ohiopike in the Beachmont ramp. Only one lane gets by on the left West Dunton shut down outside of Middletown between Summerville, Jacksonberg and Mill due to an earlier wreck. Chot King Bramont fifty five krs The talk station.
Speaker 3: Thirty fifty five KOs Talk Station.
Speaker 2: I love Thursdays, you know what, because every Thursday at this time get to talk with I heard media abas next Wert Jay Ratlift Jay, welcome back to the program, my friend. Always enjoy our conversations. How you doing today, then, well, please good morning to you. Glad to hear it. Everything okay down in the Southern Command. I know you're not there right now. I just want to make sure your situation's okay down south.
Speaker 5: The pictures that we received from the people that we're working on the house seem to indicate everything's back to normal, which is good.
Speaker 6: And Lord Willing.
Speaker 5: A week from tomorrow we'll head down to some warmer weather. I got to get my Harley to a warmer climate.
Speaker 3: Old, yeah, that's true. It is almost the cool is the pores you used to have.
Speaker 6: But still I like my convertible party.
Speaker 3: If you will, cars can be placed.
Speaker 6: You know that that was a cool, cool car.
Speaker 2: Well, I got a newer one, so it's I'm in a better place, thanks the guy that tried to kill me.
Speaker 3: You know, make lemonade out a.
Speaker 2: Lemon Oh good lord, yes, anyhow real quick here I saw that the This is hilarious. The Boeing striking Boeing workers were in Seattle on Tuesday and Senate candidate Marie or Senator Maria Cantwell, a Democrat out of Washington, got booed after dissing Trump housing shortage. She blamed the housing shortage on Donald Trump, and everybody erupted in booze and they were some of the union members were interviewed and they said, we weren't booming Donald Trump, we were booing her for trying to shift the blame.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it's it's typical politicians. They they instead of trying to excitsu what you're positives, talking about what you can do, what you can what you can do, it has to be well, I'm not Donald Trump. And these individuals seem to forget that Donald Trump was president for four years, so he has a track record. We know what he did or didn't do, and we know what's happened not happened in the last three and a half four years. So the only thing they can really do, because they can't brag about what's happened, far from an accomplishment standpoint, is to at every possible venue bring this stuff up. And I'm glad there was some pushback, and I wish you would happen all the time, because it's just they just don't understand that, I'm sorry, we're not buying your crap, We're not listening to what you say and without checking that it's absolutely right. Now, does Donald Trump, you know, exaggerate some things? Absolutely does, and I'm glad when he's called the task on that as well.
Speaker 6: But you know, the bottom line.
Speaker 5: Is that these days everything's videoed, so when that kind of moment happens, it's it's there for us all to enjoy.
Speaker 3: Isn't That's the truth?
Speaker 2: And you think by now more politicians would make wake up to the fact that they are going to be fact checked and there is. There are recordings of literally everything they've said over the past ten plus years, so you better be consistent, not lie. So anyhow, it's an interesting time we live in, and not that that's a great.
Speaker 5: A Vice President, Brian, you can change your pos is on absolutely every single thing that you've said and expect people to believe you really mean.
Speaker 6: It this time.
Speaker 5: And I'm sorry, I'm not that gullible, neither of I Eddie, I love the police, that's right, saying no, I love it.
Speaker 3: Sure as he does.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about another strike front of your airlines. Pilots voting to strike if necessary. That sounds like there's a caveat there. What's the story on this one?
Speaker 5: Well, it's ninety nine percent to strike vote, is what they did. But you know a lot of times when you have this type of situation where you're trying to hammer out a contract, eventually the flight attendants, the mechanics, the pilots, whoever might happen to be are going to take a strike vote, and the purpose is to show a were unified and beat us into public message, hoping that that kind of helped pushes the ball down the field a little bit more. And I've had people reaching out to me saying, Jay, I love Frontier and I do as well. Should I be worried? I'm like no, because I'm not, because there's still plenty of time for things to get worked out, hammered out in the deal that can be reached I know that a lot of times, if it's a Southwest employee group that has had this kind of situation happen before, you know, people freak out. American Airlines had the same sort of thing. You've seen different airline employees go this route, and each and every time the strike did not take place. Now, I'm not saying that's a guarantee it won't happen, but I am saying that on a worry scale of one to ten, I might be at about a three because I'm very sure that this is going to get worked out. It would not prevent me from booking a future Frontier airline's flight, you know, at all. Now, obviously get the trip cancelation insurances you would normally get to protect yourself. But you know, for me, that type of thing is not going to cause me to change my travel plans at all.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, just observing and you look at the auto workers and the other people going on strike, it seems to me that labor has an upper hand. I don't want to say for a change, but I don't recall this many strikes going on and during my lifetime. Maybe I'm just haven't been observing when and where they have gone.
Speaker 5: If there's somebody that observes most of what's going on around.
Speaker 6: Them, it's you, my friend.
Speaker 5: So and that would be an accurate term because I think of late that that's kind of been been the case. And you know, I'm an old, you know, management kind of guy, so union and I used to beat heads all the time. But you know, with me trading stocks and seeing that some of these companies that were very well ran for decades gets a new team of management, they end up driving it into the ground, they end up going bankrupt, and then all of a sudden, the employees are being forced to accept a reduced benefit package because of the idiots that did that. Right, I mean to me that that's criminal, and that's what I become a union guy from the standpoint of Look, men and women work their whole lives for you professionally, and now you're telling them sorry, that's exactly it. And that to me is why, you know, I'd love to see more give and take as far as the employee groups and things of this nature. Yes, sharing in the good times, but also bearing the brunt when times are bad, which is kind of making me thinking, how far are these boeing employees going to push it.
Speaker 3: Good point.
Speaker 2: We'll continue. iHeartMedia Aviation Expert, Jay Rat. If it's eight thirty six right now, stay right here at fifty five kr C DE talk station.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC dot com talk station brand that was at Jay Rat left.
Speaker 2: iHeartMedia Aviation Expert moving over to another near miss. We've talked about near misses of late and well you point out it's not statistically significant, it still scares a living hell out. I mean, it's two planes that crash into each other.
Speaker 3: Jay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, the headlines are saying near miss, but the appropriate term to use is runway incursion, and that's what a lot of these are.
Speaker 6: And this is what happened in San Diego.
Speaker 5: You have a Southwest flight that's on the ground that's given permission to taxi across an active runway, and at the same time, you've got a Southwest to parting flight at the end of the same runway by another air traffic controller that's given permission to take off, start rolling and go. So it wasn't long before the Southwest flight that was rolling down the runway was told to cancel their takeoff and they did. Now long before they got to the end of the runway where the other Southwest jet was coming across, so there was a great deal of distance between the two. So when you say runway incursions, nobody's going to click on that article. But if you put near miss, you've got everybody looking at it. But the Federal Aviation Administration announced this week that they're going to open a what's called a runway incursion audit. They're going to be looking at the incursion risk at the forty five busiest airports because obviously we have a problem, and of course the government when they see a problem, the best way to determine what it is is they're going to have an audit. They're going to study it for a while, and then hopefully after that they'll come up with some possible ideas that can eventually be implemented. And it's going to be the typical slow process. But you know, the head of the FA saying, actually, the number of these incursions are down, which they are, but it doesn't mean that, you know, with social media being what it is, before the aircraft has stopped rolling, it's already become a viral story and obviously it's gonna you know, go to the top when we were talking about airplanes, and we've had some out of Syracuse and others that's been captured on video of two aircraft that were very close to each other, and certainly that makes the matter even scarier for this And sadly, Brian comes down most of the time to employee error as far as human error. So that's one of the things that you have to look at is are we understaffed at these airports? Are they getting the adequate rest and training and all the things that we need to have And we'll have to wait and see. Now, I will say, and you know, the FAA number of years ago lowered the standards of their air traffic controllers where in essence to increase diversity, bring everybody in that they could And that's good to a point. But the problem is if it lowers the competency level of the work being done, then that becomes an issue. So we'll have to wait and see. And if that is a consideration, let's hope that they've got the courage to be transparent enough to say, you know, maybe that wasn't the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: Well, don't hold your breath on that. No, No, in air traffic controls like the peace of God. I do get the concept, but I don't know about the current You know, how the software works or how tracking works, but it just seems to me. I mean, it's twenty twenty four. Everything is so automated. We've got so many different detectors and sensors and everything that this could even happen, or that you have to rely on exclusively a human element to make sure these things don't happen, these collisions.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It just seems like are they behind the times?
Speaker 6: Perhaps?
Speaker 3: Is there a better way?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the FAA seems to get whatever money falls off the table to crumbs. And when I look at it, recognizing as you and I've talked so many times over the years, that the aviation industry is an important part of that economic engine that powers our country, the last thing you want to do is give.
Speaker 6: It scraps, right.
Speaker 5: You want to make sure it should get the investment dollars it needs. But sadly, many times when it becomes a government project, they're late, they're over budget, and all the other stuff that goes along with it, which really defeats the purpose. And that's sad too. A ton of money is going into commercial aviation. It's there, but sometimes when you look at all the areas it's being spent, you know, Yes, we want airports to be upgraded, we want them to be modernized, but some of these the equipment side of things from a technology standpoint, especially on runway incursions, to me, should be a priority.
Speaker 2: Well, going back to the unions, I am thinking about the dock workers that's struck most recently, and they demanded that they use no modern automated automation technology. And because so they can maintain their union member numbers. You know, we can't have modern technology to make things more efficient, right, Oh, we lose members. So and maybe there's a component of that going in there.
Speaker 6: It could be you just never know.
Speaker 5: And the airline industry itself has always been one that the more technology they can bring in, the fewer people that they can employ and have like and the FAA is doing the exact same thing. If it's a matter of making things safer with it increasing the automation side of things, then we owe it to the people that travel every day, the two million plus of us that do to make sure things are as safe as we can make them. Human air is going to happen, and all we can do is hope to reduce the likelihood, not obviously eliminated, because even technology can fail us from time to time. So you've got that fine balance. But we are, thank god, enjoying the safest air ever of commercial jet travel that we've ever seen ever in the history of this company a country. You've got to go back to February of two thousand and nine to the last major situation that we had with the Colgan Air crash in Buffalo that was also Pilot Air, and a lot of changes happened after the result of that crash that killed fifty people in all. So it's not an accident that between now and then we've had this kind of safety, because it takes a lot of hard work by a lot of dedicated people to make it happen. But sadly, you can also get into that state where you start to get a little laxed, a little complacent, and that's when mistakes can happen. And that's what we're really trying hard here to avoid because sometimes that complacency can lead to some dangerous decisions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question about it, don't mind. I want to hold you over. We'll either go really really extra long, and I get the hairy eyeball from Joe. That way, I don't want to give short drift to the next story, which will be a funny one plus our hub delay report. One more with Jay Ratliffe. After these brief words, stick around fifty five KRC the talk station. One more time for the channel line weather. We got a sunny day to day sixty two for the high overnight down of thirty seven clear skies, Sonny in sixty eight.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow overnight lot forty with clear skies.
Speaker 2: And for the Bearcats game, it's going to be a beautiful day Sonny in seventy two thirty eight degrees.
Speaker 3: Right now, time for final traffic Chuck.
Speaker 4: World, did you see how Tramphink Center mammogram saved vibes called five one three five eight four pink dischedule your annual mammogram with you see how sax per team that's five one three, five to eight four Pinkound seventy five continued slow, Buttermilk into downtown, then again between Mitchell and Town Street. West Elton remains blocked outside of Middletown between Somerville, Jackson Burn and Milk do to a wreck there's an accident on the Swordsville Westchester below Tylersville.
Speaker 3: Chuck ingramon fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Eight fifty Friday Eve tomorrow Tech Friday with Dave at or every Friday at six thirty and wrapping up a show with one more segment here with I HEARTBEDIA aviation expert Jay Rattliffe, and we enter the realm of the strange and weird and guys, can't you put it down and leave it alone until the flight's over?
Speaker 6: Jay? Well, can I talk about the pilot that got locked out?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Wanted to make sure that's the direction we were head of.
Speaker 2: Brother locked the first a officer outsidue of the cockpit.
Speaker 3: What the hell happened?
Speaker 5: They had a disagreement of some kind. This is a Sri Lankan airline flight, ten hour flight and something happened as far as a disagreement between the captain and first officer, and the first officer were left to go to the lavatory. And the protocol has it now internationally It used to be just here in the United States. So it's now internationally that a member of the flight attendants the normally the lead flight attendant will come in and stay in the cockpit, so the door is shut and secured, and you always have two members on the flight deck at all times.
Speaker 6: When the pilot comes back.
Speaker 5: Then the flight attendant leaves and the other pilot's in there, so you always have a minimum of two people there on the flight.
Speaker 2: Deck, which makes sense today if you don't mind me interjecting, Because the copilot, let's say, leaves, goes to the lavatory, and then the pilot has a heart attack or or a medical incident, somebody's got to be in there with them to open the door for somebody else to come in and rescue them.
Speaker 5: This is true, but we've also had sad situations where it's been locked and the pilot has flown the airplane and into a mountain and delivery.
Speaker 3: Right, And that's right.
Speaker 5: It was the It was the German Wings flight, and that was one of the things that brought about the change where people said maybe we should do things like they do in the United States. Hello, thank you about time for that. But here what happened was the first officer leaves and as the door kind of pulls back, the captain pulls.
Speaker 6: Up and shuts it and locks it.
Speaker 5: Well, now the captain's in the cockpit by himself flying the airplane, and the flight attendant can't get in to where she's supposed to be. Now you can imagine the concern a on the crew members and especially on the people up front of the airplane that are noticing somebody just got locked out and.
Speaker 6: They're not opening the door.
Speaker 5: Now you talk about something that could set off panic on that airplane as people wonder what in the world's about to happen next.
Speaker 6: Well, finally, after a period.
Speaker 5: Of time, the flight attendants, using the intercom system into the cockpit, we're finally able to get this captain to finally open up the door. The flight continues to where it's going in lands, and the captain has put on administrative leave as they try to determine exactly what cause this.
Speaker 6: And regardless of.
Speaker 5: The reason, you can't deviate from the safety protocol that's in place, because in essence, you're putting the lives of other people at risk for the very reason you said, if there's a medical situation that happens, or if at that moment there was a mechanical situation that would require all hands on deck, both pilots, Well, because of your stupid actions, you don't have a full complement of crew members on the flight deck to deal with whatever problem might be coming up. So yeah, for all the obvious reasons, this never should have happened.
Speaker 6: And yeah, the.
Speaker 5: Pilot will probably be allowed to fly back, but after a great deal of training.
Speaker 6: And I'm sure a big old posted.
Speaker 2: Note is a filey. You bet you on that one. All right, as we always do, we'll close out with hub delays. How's it looking out there for air travel? Is useful day?
Speaker 5: I think Salt Lake City is it? As far as from a ubstandpoint. A lot of the weather is minimal at points this morning we did have some de icing delays because of the frost that was on some of the aircraft because we're already the next season already. And yeah, other than that, Salt Lake City, so it's going to be a beautiful day to fly real quick.
Speaker 3: Here are the airports back in operation post hurricane?
Speaker 6: They are Yeah, in fact, we were we were seeing that last weekend. Quick. Well, they're they're revenue centers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, to crank that bad boy up as quickly as you can, and you have people that need to get into and out of those affected areas. Clearly and again, airlines think when it comes to customer service. But I continue to give them high marchs on this type of situation because they handle it well before, during, and after.
Speaker 2: Jay Ratliff always enjoyed our conversations. My friend, hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'll look forward to our conversation next Thursday, my friend, take care of much great day. YouTube eight fifty four to fifty five K see talk station Jim watersh in the Bluegrass Institute, not the Buckeye Institute. Kentucky. Issues one and two. We're affirmed yes on both of them. Really simple to understand, and provide an opportunity for some school choice in Kentucky. Doesn't establish it, just provide for it in the constitution. The legislator or legislature of the General Assembly is going to actually actually pass legislation that might provide the choice. But this amends the Kentucky Constitution to at least allow for that option if it had some problems getting some legislation passed in the Supreme Court there in Kentucky. So he explained both issues one and two. Donovan and the Americans for prosperity, help out, get out the vote. Go to an afpaction dot org. There is still time empower you Mark Burrell. He is going to do a biblical roadmap to restore America. The duty is ours rediscovering American Covenant. That's the subject of tonight's Empower You seminar. Log in and empower you America dot org. Make sure your RSVP or show up at two twenty five North and Boulevard. You can get a copy of Mark's books while you're there. Interesting guy and interesting concept that and finally, of course, my conversation with Jay rattleffifty five care see dot com to get that. Make sure you get your iHeartMedia app while you're there so you can stream the audio.
Speaker 3: Where are you happy to be?
Speaker 2: Joe Strecker, Executive producer, God bless you, sir, Thank you for producing the program. Everyone tuned in tomorrow for Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and stay right here because Glenn Beex's coming up.
Speaker 4: Updates on the twenty twenty four presidential campaign.
Speaker 3: We have to meet this moment as if our freedoms are at risk.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs the talk station banking with every federal credit union offers advantages,