Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tam Case, Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Good morning. I hope you're well on this Thursday as your Los Angeles Dodgers wrap things up in Milwaukee. There's seventy one and fifty on this season, first place, the top of NL West, but their lead down to two and a half games in the division. Their five game winning streak came to an in last night after some sloppy defense led to four unearned runs. Today, though, the Dodgers look to get back on track and win this series in Milwaukee. With Jack Flerity on the mound, first bitch coming up at eleven ten. Between now and then, we got a lot to get to here. On Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. You'll hear from Kevin Kuermeyer, who had a great play last night early in the Dodger game. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup today with Jack Flerity on the mound. David Vase will check in. We'll hear from Rick Monday and of course Tim Nevert out the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth in just a couple of minutes. Well last nine. Things started good for the Dodgers, but quickly unraveled. Top half of the first inning, Dodgers scored three runs Toaskar Hernandez a bases loaded, a walk, he get hernandez A sackfire, then Kevin Kiermeer in RBI double and just like that, the Dodgers gave Walker Buehler a three to nothing lead. However, in the bottom of the first Walker Buehler walked the first three batters, the bases were loaded, nobody out when he got some defensive health.
Speaker 3: Won one pitch coming swung on.
Speaker 4: It's hitting the air at the center field, lining it up as ker Myer's running behind it makes the catch and Kiermeer.
Speaker 3: With a throat of the plate it is in time to get animal. Oh what a throw.
Speaker 4: By Kevin Kermeyer to cut down place to Rang at home plate and there are.
Speaker 3: Two men out.
Speaker 2: What a throw from Kevin Kiermeyer ninety nine miles an hour from centerfield to get Bryce to Ring at home A double play, throw them out, catch it out and the Dodgers get out of the first inning with no damage done to Walker buel Or. However, things unraveled in the bottom half of the second inning Jake Bowers and lead off home run as the Brewers would put three runs up on the board to tie the game at three. They tacked on one more in the fourth on an air that gave the Brewers a four to three lead. Top half of the seventh inning, the Dodgers down but not out. Miguel Rojas off the bench.
Speaker 4: Lookie's gonna be on high alert for a ball in the dirt somewhere hits one on. There is a base hit the center field and Lookie's gonna score and tie the game around second. On his way to third is Freddy Freeman. A pinch hit base hit for Mgel Rojas tis the game at four.
Speaker 2: Thank you Miguel Rojas with the RBI single to right that tied the game in four, Dodgers had a little bit of life. However, in the bottom of the seventh inning, Jackson Surio single to rights, a miss cue for Mookie Betts, ball gets past him. Joey Ortiz comes around to score the go ahead and eventual game winning run. Beat the Dodgers last night five to four. Despite the Dodgers out hitting the Brewers. Last night, the Dodgers had three airs on defense, leading to four unearned runs for the Milwaukee Brewers. Brent Honeywell gets tagged with the loss, even though the Dodgers bullpen combined to go four and two third innings, one unearned run, one hit, and six strikeouts. Walker Bueler gets off the hook despite just going three in the third innings four runs, one earned, three hits, three strikeouts, four walks. He threw eighty seven pitches at pitch count got too high as the Dodgers have their five game winning streak come to win, and they're leading the division now down to two and a half games because the Padres and the Diamondbacks just keep on winning. Dodgers now seventy one and fifty overall, but today a chance to get the series win in Milwaukee. Jack Flaherty on the mound, first pitch coming up at eleven ten and with more, let's head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth as we say good morning to Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Tim never guys, Tim, thanks very much. It is rainy and miserable here in Milwaukee. Bought nice and dry inside as the roof is closed, and we'll have baseball on time here today at American Family Field, fourth game of this four game set, and the Dodgers trying to win the series, taking three out of four. They'll look to do that behind the right arm of Jack Flaherty flarity nine to five.
Speaker 3: He's two and zero with the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Tobias Myers, who's been a nice story for the Brewers, who has come out of the minor leagues and a couple of different organizations and has been pretty good for them six and five and a two seven to nine Era. Dodgers start the game two and a half ahead of both San Diego and Arizona in the West. The West race really tightening up. Both the Padres and Diamondbacks off today, so the Dodgers can either gain a half a game or lose a half a game depending on the outcome.
Speaker 3: Here. The Brewers sixty eight and fifty two.
Speaker 4: They're eight and a half up on the Cardinals and they've got the largest division lead of any team in baseball at this point in time. So Brewers and Dodgers wrapping up this four game set here today. Rick last night, the Dodgers scored early, but they couldn't hold the lead as Walker Buehler struggled and only pitched three and a third inning.
Speaker 3: So some work to do for Walker Buehler.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if we look at bueller fifteen batters that he faced, he had first pitched strike to only six of the fifteen. And I go back to what Buehler said before the start a couple of days ago. He said, look, you cannot pitch with a five ERA and expect to help win a World Series. So there's going to be some concern Walker Buber. We get another start, but he just fell behind early in the counts, walked three batters the first three that he faced in the ballgame. And then it set the stage for I think one of the great plays that we've seen that was a turned out to be a double play. Fly a ball to center field and for kier Meyer made the catch, perfect body position, perfect throwing position, and that throw was clocked at ninety nine miles an hour going to home plate. Terrific catching tag also by Austin Barnes. Big double play, and the Brewers were turned away scoreless in that first inning. That could have been a disaster, but for Bueller. He really struggled to find the strike someone.
Speaker 4: As far as the bats were concerned, Shojo Tony hitless in the ball game last night. Pats had two hits, Freeman had three hits, but it just wasn't enough. The Dodgers did tie it in the seventh inning on a Rojas pinch hit base hit that scored bats, but it just wasn't enough, as the defense let him down last night. Three errors and four unearned runs allowed. And when you allow four unearned runs in a game, chances are really good you're not gonna win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at least one of those errors that did lead to a run in that particular ending, So the Dodgers have to tighten the belts on that end of it. A little bit of a different change as far as the light of Mookie Betz, who came back and played the first three games of this series, coming off the injured list, will get a breather. He's available to come in during the ball game itself. But a little difference is that Paz will be in center field, Jason Heyward gets to start in right Kicky her name as well. He's going to be at third base. Well bat in the ninth spot. He's moved down. Will Smith comes back and he will do the catching and bat of the fourth spot.
Speaker 4: So the Dodgers and the brewer is getting sent for the fourth and final game of the series, final meeting of the year. Under the roof of American Family Field. Nice to have a roof on a daylight.
Speaker 5: Today, it is, There's no question about it.
Speaker 6: This is well.
Speaker 5: As we're looking out through the windows in center field. This is a good day to have an umbrella or a rainslicker, but with a roof closed, it's nice and tidy. The Dodgers hoever, get ready, it's going to be hot weather in Saint Louis. That's where they're headed after the completion of today's game.
Speaker 4: Indoor Mattine Baseball for you today from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we tell you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor, Shakey's Pizza, Shakey Mojo's Great Thank for lunch today. Enjoy some Dodgers baseball as well. Order at Shakey's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager David Dave Roberts. We're gonna check in with David Vatse. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Kevin kier Meyer coming up in about thirty five minutes. But up next your Otani rewind and we'll hear from Walker viewer. After his start last night, a no decision, three ina third innings. What next for the Dodger right hander. We'll hear from him as he leads you up to first pitch from Milwaukee. Dodgers and Brewers. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Morongo Casino, Dodgers On, Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 7: Y'all on the official.
Speaker 1: Home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers on this Thursday, final game of this four game set, Jack Blerty, Tobias Myers. The pitching match up. First pitch from Milwaukee coming up at eleven ten. This is the rewhy showy Otani last night. Oh for for the walk he did get across to score a run in the first inning, part of a three run first for the Dodgers. But they go on and lose five to four. Show Yotani getting closer to forty forty. He's now got thirty five stolen bases after stealing two last night, thirty four and thirty five of this season. The Otani Rewind brought to you by eto Inns, Oiocha, Japan's number one green tea and the Tea That's Showy Otani loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, Amazon and etoin dot Com. That's it o e n dot Com. Dodgers lost five to four. Brent Honeywell got the loss in relief of Walker Buehler, who couldn't get out of the fourth inning. He walked the first three batters that he faced, part of a twenty five pitch first inning, a thirty five pitch second inning in which he gave up three runs and the lead. He gets a no decision and afterwards talked to David Veasse in the media.
Speaker 8: Walker, haven'd you feel out there tonight? And what was the biggest struggle that you felt you had?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 9: You know a lot of your misses, a lot of kind of bad pitches and bad spots. The Bowers Homer kind of trying to go down away and miss up in Uh the two a miss is not.
Speaker 6: Not good enough.
Speaker 9: It's it's one thing to to miss you know away or whatever, but to miss kind of the ones. But you don't want to throw out there. So you know, just frustrating not getting ahead the kind of the way I'm accustomed to, and and then even at certain times getting ahead and going too through two a few times.
Speaker 8: So stuff to clean up, stuff to figure out. How big was that double play Q Myers throw to the plate to get you out of that first inning?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Really big?
Speaker 9: Uh we walked the first three guys of the game, and then you know it's as good as a catch and throw guy and and plays as you'll see. So huge for me personally, obviously, I wish I could have capitalized on it more. But uh, you know, big first inning for our team, and I kind of put us back in a hole and and create some stress and and he kind of eliminates too at once, so you know, he's he's one of the better defenders we've we've seen and and keep.
Speaker 8: Showing what you have bigger expectations for yourself anybody else. So where does it go from here for you? What do you take away from this to move forward.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I feel closer than I did a couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Walker Burel the last night. Certainly not the outing he had wanted or the Dodgers had wanted, but hopefully something he can build on going into the final month of this season. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of old car. Donated today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. It's that easy. Donate now, Carsfrokids dot Org. That's cars with the k still to come. We'll dive deeper to this pitch matchup. We'll hear from Kevin Kiermeyer, but I'm next, we'll get you an injury report, and we'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. It's all coming up, So lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers first pitch at eleven ten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt.
Speaker 7: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Moron Jo Casino Dodgers On that continues, Go Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam. Four good times Dodgers and Brewers. First pitch from Milwaukee's coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 7: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Present about UCLA healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Bruce dark Radoral on the iel at the hamstring strain, Chris Taylor on the iel at the left groin strain. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the iel at the strained rotator cuff. He's going to join the team in Saint Louis and throw his SIM game there. Max Munsey, Ryan Brazier, Tommy Edmunds all on rehab assignments and triple A. All three expected to join this Dodgers team. Brazier this weekend and then Edmunds and Munsey on the next home stand. All right, let's head back out to Milwaukee and check in with the Dodgers. Skipper DA Do you questions for Dave?
Speaker 5: Dave?
Speaker 7: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 10: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, Dave, you're given Mookie the day off today. How often are you going to have to load manage MOOKI As far as going back to right field, I think it was.
Speaker 11: More of you know, it's been a while since he's been playing every day, So give him three days, get his legs under him, and you know, after this one, just kind of let him play it out to the off days. So I think after we get through this stretch, I think he should be good to go.
Speaker 10: Last night we talked about how Kershaw spotted Ortiz not touching second base. Do you feel like other guys on the bench, especially pitchers, do you think that kind of woke them up to maybe being more mindful of watching the game for things like that.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 11: So. I just I love guys. I love watching the game. I love when players are watching the game. There's always something you can learn. And certainly last night, you know, gave us a chance to win a ball game. And so Clayton is always in tune with things, whether it's on the bench on the field, and that's certainly a lesson that's for everyone, you know, and you can always help. There might be an opportunity for you to help, and hopefully that is a lesson for his teammates.
Speaker 10: Oh often think that we're gonna see movies sort of flip to second base lay games.
Speaker 3: Stroling last night you know, I don't know how often.
Speaker 11: I just know that it's nice having the option and his willingness to do whatever it helps to help the ball club. So it's just certain in game situations. And it's more, you know, if we decide to hit for Gavin and be able to kick somebody out to the outfield, and you know, as long as a roster's like this, but that's going to change once you get a couple of guys back. So I really can't it's hard to answer that when.
Speaker 10: You have a guy like Jack on the mound, do you have that sense when you come to the ballpark you have a very good chance of winning.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 11: I do, And you know, even just kind of when he comes in his start day, it's a lot like Clayton, very very stoic, very focused, and it's kind of resonates through the clubhouse. And we have an opportunity to win a series and jackstone the baseball well for us, and so it's an important one and we're gonna feed off his focus and his energy.
Speaker 10: He said when he got traded here, he brings edge. Have you seen that in the first two starts I have.
Speaker 11: It's not as you know from the other side. We've seen it a little bit more overt, but it's it's controlled. He's certainly more mature as as a ballplayer. But there's edge, there's intensity, preparedness, and I'm just very grateful we got him. Man. I just I do like that edge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, there's Dave Roberts down the dug out with this pregame thoughts brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service Titan dot com. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with David bath Days we lead up to first pitch Dodgers and Brewers on this Thursday. I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio that one.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers on tack wa on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Brewers on this Thursday morning. Jack Flaherty on the mound in the final game of this four game set, First bitch coming up at eleven ten. The umpiring crew for today's game brought to by Fred Loyer Insurance celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 7: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on tax.
Speaker 10: I, accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 7: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV. Last night the Dodgers fall to the Brewers. Some defense got away from the Dodgers. But how about that instant replay challenge last night? Where'd that come from?
Speaker 10: Clayton Kershaw was the one that spotted Joey yor Teaz in the fourth inning missing second base. There's a camera angle from one of the Japanese media members that saw Kershaw immediately point to second base and and he went down the bench to get the attention of Dave Roberts. That's when they decided to go out there and make sure Anthony Bunda slowed it down before he was able to appeal at second base. And once once the play was called out at second base or Ortiz was called out at second base, the entire Dodger dugout erupted and Clayton Kershaw was received with a lot of high fives from his teammates and the coaching staff, and being in the camera well right next to the Dodger dugout, Kershaw somehow drifted my way and I said, hey, Kersh, was it you that saw Ortizma's second base? And he turned around and gave me a big smile and said, no comment, and then he said, yeah, it was me.
Speaker 3: It was me.
Speaker 10: So hey, Hopefully other Dodger players on the bench that are not in the game they are paying attention as much as Clayton Kershaw is, and hopefully that's an example of not looking at your iPad and watching the game unfold on the field.
Speaker 2: I love it looking at the lineup today, dv No, Mookie Bets. Is this something we could see a little bit more moving forward some days off?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think so.
Speaker 10: Dave Roberts indicated this was just since it is his first three games back in right field. Wanted to get him off his feet in a day game. And you know, last night late the Dodgers moved some pieces around and Mookie came in from right field to play second base. The last inning, Jason Hayward went out to the outfield. He also wouldn't commit to whether or not we'll see that more. But obviously right field is more ground to cover than shortstop or second base, and it feels like Dave Roberts is just trying to ease his superstar right fielder back into the lineup. A Japanese media member, by the way, Tim asked Dave Roberts if he plans to give Otani any days off on this road trip, and he cut him off and said no, absolutely not, no days off or show hey Otani.
Speaker 2: The das David is dripping by Ford. If there's one thing we like, its choice is fine yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid or all electric tough This mark can only be called F one P fifty. Last night, Walker Bueler got to start David. He walked the first three batters, couldn't get out of the fourth inning, and gave up a three to ninhing lead. Certainly the defense behind him did not help. That's understandable. But how many more chances is Walker Bueler gonna get here to see if he could be a part of this team going into October.
Speaker 10: Well, Dave Roberts wouldn't commit to that, Tim, But I will say this from my vantage point. This is not tryout time anymore for the Dodgers. They are in a division playoff race. The Padres and Diamondbacks are only two and a half games back. The Dodgers are vying for the top two seeds in the National League. You can't afford to have Walker Buehler go out there and see whether or not he still has it for three innings, four innings, because it's not just about that game. Now, all of a sudden, you're putting a burden on the bolt the day before, you're putting a burden on the starter that's going ahead of you the day after. The Dodger bullpen could be compromised. So it's not just about Bueller's start day. There's a ripple effect if he can't get to at least the fifth inning. So to me, Tim, it feels like the Dodgers can only afford to give Buehler maybe one more opportunity to show that he can get to the fifth inning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes sense. David great Stuff will check back in with you in just a little bit. Dodger fans and Hanserd listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD It's all powered by our friends at LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos, Lacare dot Org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, DV goes one on one with Kevin kier Maier. What a defensive play he had last night in the first inning. We'll dive deep into this pitching matchup with Jack Flaherty on the mound. But up next we'll get your Dodgers Magical Moment. Lean you up to Dodgers and Brewers on this Thursday morning, first pitch at eleven ten. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Brewers, Jeff Flerny, Obias Myers. The pitching matchups. First pitch of Milwaukee is coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 7: Who wants It's time for the Haffey.
Speaker 1: Magical Moment Ditch Magicalic Phone presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, we go back to May twenty third, two thousand and two, the Dodgers in Milwaukee taking on the Brewers. Sean Green with a monster day.
Speaker 5: The next one there's a drive the right center field.
Speaker 2: He's done it.
Speaker 6: Four home runs.
Speaker 2: For Sean Green, the tie the major league record.
Speaker 4: The Milwaukee fan they are in their fate, giving him a standing ovation as he circles third.
Speaker 5: What a day.
Speaker 2: What a day for Sean Green. Indeed, as Sean Green hits four home runs, Ross Porter on the call, Sean Green becomes the fourteenth player in MLB history to do that. Feat of four home runs in a game sets an MLB record at the time with nineteen total basis. What a day for the Great Sean Green in Milwaukee. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hafey hot Dogs, a soakl treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffey hot Dogs. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck. Well, check you out, Rick Monday. We're leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino. Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brews final game of this four game series. Roger is looking for the series win. Jack Flaherty Tobias Meyers a pitching matchup. Dodgers fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fillow quickly. So enrolled today that I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse Here's LA Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: The roof is closed, but the sun is always shining in this booth. When I arrived in Rick Monday's here, how you doing, Rick?
Speaker 5: Well, it was really good, but that dark cloud it's finally the number one was it was you?
Speaker 10: Hey, Rick, you were on fire last night on Sports Net LA. I mean I grew up watching you on TV and there you were again.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: Basically, folks, what David Bassay is asking for is acknowledgement that he was also doing television and.
Speaker 3: Report that is not true.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what it is, because you know you drop by now you know, you become a cot and thy guy on television. And by the way, you're doing a splendid job. I must say that. So occasionally you drop by an ONNORUS now with your presence on the radio side, you know if you're one level above us now. So that's that's all well and good. But by the way, a good job the last last few nights in doing the TV.
Speaker 3: Thanks Rick.
Speaker 10: We have one of the Brewers officials in our booth right now. I feel like he's watching me that I don't go down the slide again.
Speaker 5: Well, former Dodger official on top of that, so you know he's he's come home if you will, to Milwaukee. But he drops by. In fact, he comes by more than you do right now, because again you're cot and ty guy.
Speaker 10: Steve Etheer is a great guy. No relation to Andre Ethier thankfully.
Speaker 5: Well, well you know, I don't know about thankfully, but Andrea here is your guy. So anybody named Ethier is also going to be your guy. And that's that's just it. By the way, talking about names, Uh, we're gonna see Jack Flaherty on the mound again. Today's third start says he come over from this Dodger ball club. I know you have chatted with him at various times. He is absolutely delighted to be here, and why wouldn't you be?
Speaker 10: How about this Rick, something refreshing that I know you would appreciate. Yesterday Jack Flaherty went out to watch Tyler Glassnow's bullpen session and I said, why do you do that?
Speaker 3: We don't see that?
Speaker 10: He said, I was taught that by Adam Wainwright in Saint Louis. When you have the opportunity, every starting pitcher should go watch another guy's bullpen session.
Speaker 5: How many times have we talked about, for example, Bobby Miller, one of the things that we noticed that he did last year every time the Clayton Kershaw had a bullpen session, Bobby Miller was out there watching. When Clayton Kershaw was working out in between starts, Bobby Miller was watching him. Why well, the one guy's headed the Hall of Fame. The other guy like to get there eventually. But what separates you? Look at ability? Yes, you can check that box off, and not everyone can check it off to the extent that Clayton Kershaw has been able to do in his career. However, if you look at how he goes about his job preparing physically, I would imagine they're also following Clayton Kershaw, and they should on what he's looking at at videotape of hitters that he's going to be facing. What are the things that you're looking at. You're looking at the hands, you're looking goot bat speed? What's the vulnerability that to see? How are you coming up with a game plan on how to work to the hitters.
Speaker 10: Speaking of Clayton Kershaw and observations, I hope everybody took a note from him that you've got to watch the game because he came up with a big assist noticing Joey Ortiz missed second base in the fourth inning last night, and it.
Speaker 5: Was one of those plays I mentioned last night in the telecast that everyone has a responsibility and you're not always watching the ball that's down the line third base coach. Yes, you have to watch the balls going down the line. You have to watch the base runners. Also, what's the score, who's coming up next, what's the number of bouts that is going on? But Clayton Kershaw happened to see that artis Yes, he went to the second base bag, he went past the bag and then started to go back to first. You have to retouch the bag on the way back. Here's the situation. Happened years and years ago as a player. We had a player on the team. It was not with the Dodgers. I'm not going to mention the player's name. He was at first base. The hit and run was on, so he takes off. As the pitch is made, his head is down. The ball is hit to the outfield. He doesn't know where the ball is hit. He rounds second. He's got really a good break, and then he's noticed as a third base coach signaling it was a fly ball. It was caught. That was not the third out of the inning. So he was really good at geometry. He realized that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, so he went from third base over the top of the pitcher's mound to return to first. He didn't go back to the second base back.
Speaker 10: A lesson for everybody, but the good and geometry. Yeah, thank you, Rick, it feels like that's the route I would take.
Speaker 3: Thanks Rick.
Speaker 10: We'll check back in with you a little bit later and look forward to seeing you on the plane today.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well we won't see you because you're on TV. Again.
Speaker 10: Oh you know, Rick, got big things to do today, back to the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you guys. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA weekend. Find out more. It's Speedycash dot Com. We're stopping in LA area, Speedy Cash Store. Still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick, We'll be back with Tim Neverett and get you those keys to the game right before first pitch. But up next we go high and tight with Kevin Kiermeyer. Had a great defensive play last night. A couple of hints. Dodgers oh lost the third game of this four game series. We'll get a win the series today and then head to Saint Louis for a weekend series. First Pitcher, Milwaukee's coming up at eleven ten. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers. Jack Flerny to Bias Myers. The pitching matchup, first pitch is coming up at eleven ten. Dodgers Baseball is presented by our friends at Children's Hospital LA. When you need to your best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles RAKE number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c h LA dot org.
Speaker 1: D And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 10: This this high end tight We are here with America center fielder, brand new Dodger Kevin Kiirmeyer.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for the time, appreciated.
Speaker 6: Thank you thanks for having me.
Speaker 10: I mean, after gaining to know me for the first few minutes, I feel like I'm very thankful that you decided to agree to this.
Speaker 6: You asked me to be available here I am.
Speaker 10: Yes you are, and you've been available for the Dodgers. How refreshing or rejuvenating has been on this team been for you?
Speaker 6: It's been great.
Speaker 12: They pumped life into me, honestly, coming to a winning atmosphere. This is what you want to be around, and for me, this is just put pep in my step and uplifted me to be quite honest, and I feel like the best I've felt all year. So uh, this is the atmosphere you want to be around. So I'm pumped and I just want to, you know, keep showing these guys what I can do.
Speaker 10: Is that something tangible. We always talk about the numbers in the game, but just coming from where you were to being in a pennant race and a team that has championship aspirations, I'm sure, like you said, it's big.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Uh, you know, winning, winning is fun and it just it brings the best out of everyone. And in Toronto this year, we weren't winning as much as we wanted and uh, you know, our season was was kind of over by the deadline.
Speaker 6: And here I am.
Speaker 12: Uh, just the matter of a trade put me in a in a losing atmosphere to winning atmosphere, and and uh what a dream to be a part of this great organization with these guys. They treat me great and make me feel like I belong and I'm a part of this. So uh, once again, I just want to give them my best. Play hard as I can each and every day, go out there and play gold glove defense and do whatever I can help the team win.
Speaker 10: We always see the highlight plays like last night, but can you take us inside how you're able to make those plays? I mean Obviously athleticism is a big part of it, but I'm sure there's a lot more into you being able to get the jumps that you do.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he just you know, I've been doing it for a long time, and I feel like I prepared the right way throughout my whole career to put myself in these positions to make these plays. And you know, yesterday I was long tossing with Clayton arm was ready to go and got an opportunity there in the first thing to let it eat a little bit and and made a huge play.
Speaker 6: And you know, I dream of those opportunities, So I know what I need to do.
Speaker 12: Come in this field each and every day once again, prepare, envision all these plays happening whenever seven o'clock happens, and I.
Speaker 6: Have those plays present to me.
Speaker 12: I just want to execute and make those plays and you know, create momentum for the team anyway I can been.
Speaker 10: How important is visualizing making plays like that or coming up with a big base st When do you start doing.
Speaker 6: That every day in the off season, spring Trent every day.
Speaker 12: I told the guys a couple of days ago, I said, I'm gonna make a great play and left center one of these four days. And and I'm not starting today, so I don't know if I'll actually have the opportunity. But you get like feelings like that and and and and the game works in mysterious ways and those things end up happening.
Speaker 6: But uh, I don't know.
Speaker 12: It's just like you have a I I go out there when I when I take center field, I just have a certain mentality and a mindset. But I'm thinking about stuff at the hotel before I get to the field, And uh, you just always want to be prepared and ready for any possible outcome.
Speaker 6: And and uh, you know that's a huge part of it.
Speaker 10: You always hear about pictures having to evolve in their careers.
Speaker 6: How have you.
Speaker 10: Evolved from where you were, say even five years ago.
Speaker 12: Well, I said years ago, I want to age like a fine wine. And there's times where I feel like I have and there's other times where I feel the farthest thing from that.
Speaker 6: But I don't know. Every year is has been different throughout my whole career. You know, me coming over here, I know my role.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna hit at the bottom of the order, and I'm gonna just try to get on base and let show Hey and Mookie and Freddy and all these these big boys drive me in and gonna go try to run the bases and create havoc out there and once again play gold Glove caliber centerfield defense.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm at. So that's what I need to evolve to right now.
Speaker 12: And once again, like knowing your role is is have to battle, and I know what they expect me to do. I know what I expect out of myself, and this is so fun, so exciting for me, and I just want to give them the best I got.
Speaker 10: I've loved watching you have unselfish at bats or understanding what the team needs in a certain situation. Do you believe that's contagious?
Speaker 12: Yeah in a way, but not everyone uh has we have.
Speaker 6: We have a bunch of boppers on this team.
Speaker 12: So for me, if I need a sack bunt to get someone in scoring position for show Hey right behind me or Mookie, Uh, that just puts us in a better position and increases our chances of scoring. So contagious in some ways, but with the way our lineup is constructed, there's just certain guys asked to do certain things. Uh, Show Hey is you know He's not asked to hit homers, but everyone kind of expects him to do crazy stuff up there. And you know, I'm like a table setter at the bottom of the order, and I got no problem with that at all.
Speaker 6: I'm skinning. It's just knowing your role and.
Speaker 12: If I can do that the best I can, then, uh, you know, it just makes our lineup that much more dangerous.
Speaker 10: A great understanding of baseball, Kevin Kiermeyer and also, uh, the ker Myer families. Baseball lineage does not stop with you. Your brother Dan ker Meyer is one of the groundskeepers at Wrigley Field.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's the head guy Wrigley Field.
Speaker 12: He's been there since twenty fifteen, but uh, head groundskeeper for three or four years now. I don't know off top of my head. But he loves it and he's he's in the big leagues. I'm in the big leagues. I broke in a little bit earlier. But he's got a World Series ring from twenty sixteen.
Speaker 6: I don't, and you know, I hope to catch him here this year.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hopefully so twenty twenty four two rings and the keer Meyer family thanks a lot for the time. Really appreciate it great to see that beautiful beard in person in HD.
Speaker 6: Thank you, David, appreciate it.
Speaker 10: There he is America center fielder Kevin Kiermeyer.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you DV. Dodgers Baseball. Brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. Win, it's game Day, It's group Day's Shakys dot Com or leading you up to first pitch on this Thursday, Dodgers and Brewers final game of this four game series. Dodgers looking for the series win, then head to Saint Louis for a three game series against the Cardinals, one of thirteen games in thirteen days for the Boys in Blue. Coming up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 7: On tack ont your home for the blue all season law.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee. Dodgers won the first two games, dropped one last night five to four after a couple of defensive miscues. Dodgers looking to get back on track today after that five game winning streak came to an end. First pitch set for eleven ten and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma s hear Toyota Dealer today they make it easy. Tobias Myers on the bound for the Brewers, twenty six year old right hander. He's six and five with a two seventy nine er race. A former six round pick of the Baltimore Oils back in twenty sixteen. Before even get into the major leagues, he bounced around the minor leagues with the Rays, the Guardians, the Giants, the White Sox, and last year signed a deal with the Brewers. Spent all of last season in Double A and Triple A, making his eighteen start here this season. The big League is nineteenth appearance. He made his major league debut this season. He's been up and down a couple of times between Triple A and the big leagues. Last time out with the Brewers seven and the third shutout innings, three hits, nine strikeouts but a no decision against the Cincinnati Reds. Today is the first time the Dodgers will see Tobias Meyers. Jack Flaherty on the mound for the Dodgers nine to five with a two to ninety seven ERA. The twenty eight year old right hand of the Pride of Burbank in his eighth season now with the big leagues. His twenty first start this year, his third with the Dodgers. Last time out five and two, third innings, four runs, nine hits, ten strikeouts in a win over the Pirates. Before that, six shutout innings, seven strikeouts in a win over the A's. Overall this season, he's been reliable. Thirteen of his nineteen starts he's gone at least six innings. He's facing the Brewers for the nineteenth time eighteen start, four and seven with a four fifty three er ray and one hundred and fourteen strikeouts in his career. He last faced May of twenty twenty three, when he was with the Saint Wiz Cardinals. Jack Flarity Tobias Myers, Dodgers, Brewers, We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Brewers. Jack Flerity Tobias Myers the pitching matchup in this finals game of this four games set. Dodgers looking to get back on track. Then they'll head to Saint Louis after the game with the start of a three game series against the Cardinals. Dodgers fans enhance your listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by La Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos, lakre dot org. All right, before first pitch, le's head back out to Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Tim never guys, Thanks Tim, We count you down to the first pitch. Here the Dodgers and the Brewers. Jack Flarity against Obias Myers. Flarity nine and five with the Dodgers since joining him at the trading deadline, two and ohero with an ERA of three seventeen strikeouts, two walks.
Speaker 3: He's been very consistent.
Speaker 4: They'll have a high number of strikeouts, a low number of walks, and he just goes out there and pitches very professionally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he struggled a little bit last Friday against the Birs. So what he was the winning pitcher went the five and two thirds, But in those five and two thirds one hundred and ten pitches he also had six shutout innings against the A's picked up the victory in that one. One thing to look at, high percentage of breaking balls in for flarity. The first pitch of at bats has been somewhat problematic. In fact, while he is in there, it's sober of four hundred average first pitch and at bats. Will look for that today.
Speaker 4: Tobias Meyers six and five. He wasn't really on the Brewers at the beginning of the year, but he is now.
Speaker 5: He was one of the first counts in spring trending. I'll tell you what. Since the first of June, he's made eleven starts era just one seventy five. Interesting story, A lot to talk about, Tobias. When the game gets.
Speaker 4: Underway, Tobias Myers and Jack Flaherty the pitching matchup Dodgers and Brewers. Some afternoon baseball from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, Dodgers start the day two and a half games up on both the Diamondbacks and the Padres, who are both idle today, so the Dodgers a win can pick up a half game in the division going into this three game series starting tomorrow in Saint Louis against the struggling Cardinals. The first days, first, it's the Dodgers and Brewers from American Family Fields in Milwaukee. Jack Clarity Tobias Myers the pitching matchup. After the game, I'll be back with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger talking as well. Enjoyed everybody. I'm sim Kates has been Rocco Casino Dodgers on deck in the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network Beam