Speaker 1: Mac with Black Friday just around the corner, just around No, we're not doing that again. That's a one time thing. Don't you dare taint our moment?
Speaker 2: Sih.
Speaker 1: One of the biggest Black Friday toys that happened while we were kids was the was the murdering for Power Ranger toys?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And did you know that this past weekend Hasboro put up for auction all of their Power Ranger memorabilia. So I just caught your eye.
Speaker 2: Wait, so they had like a warehouse of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes. The auction that concluded this weekend, Hasborough sold off a trove of Power Rangers costumes, props, and other memorabilia for the franchisees three decades of history.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: The top selling item was an eighty inch Cosmic Blaster used in the twenty twenty three Netflix release Power Rangers. Cosmic Fury sold for just under ninety k.
Speaker 2: How was the top seller? Not any sort of thing that amy Joe Johnson war.
Speaker 1: Another big ticket item was a Transformable Astromegaship Astro Megazord hero filming miniature that went for just under fifty k. The top selling costume was the Green Ranger worn by Jason David Frank, the late Jason David Frank that went for just under thirty thousand dollars. The Pink Ranger costume went for twenty two thousand dollars, and steal the Yellow Ranger costume went for twenty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Give me Amy Joe Johnson's panties for forty grand goo.
Speaker 1: You didn't even let me ask the question. I was gonna say if money was not an issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pink Pi Rangers suit outfit, yep, I'll.
Speaker 1: Give you an extra five dollars if I can smell it now.
Speaker 2: Uh the real answer, yes, was I real answer? One of my costumes for Eternity is a Green Ranger costume. So I would love the Green Ranger costume. I wouldn't fit in it, though, that'd be the issue.
Speaker 1: If we're going costumes, I wouldn't mind Golddar's costume, Rita Rapunzel's staff Repulsa Rida Rapulsa staff.
Speaker 2: What about zord On's tube.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Oh, lord Z's staff too, with the big z on it good staff slash his inside out body and wouldn't mind getting his inside out.
Speaker 2: This costume would be sweet because you get that visor too.
Speaker 1: So I could just sit here with the stupid visor on talking to you right now. I think I would like the miniatures of the Zords that would then eventually come together to make the Megazord.
Speaker 2: I think I would like to wear Ammy Joe Johnson's panties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know on my face. Okay, all right, but this is a family friendly television program, just like The Power Rangers.
Speaker 2: I'm just making a mockery of this. Gud I are I enjoy? I would you know what? It would be a cost effective thing. I know Friar would probably outbid me on those though, that's the issue. Whatever I bid dollar, Friar's one dollar more.
Speaker 1: You know what though. The dragon flute, oh.
Speaker 2: That would be sick. I bought a I almost bought a functional dragon phone.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of way too many things right now. The White Ranger Tiger staff, because that could talk to you.
Speaker 2: Oh, that thing is sick. I'm trying to figure out how many times I could say panties in this episode.
Speaker 1: Well, lucky for you, we're about to start tearing.
Speaker 3: So one good three yeah, John three, King of Queen.
Speaker 1: Meryl Street entertaining, and we are the Mac and Goo Program. We are here to say we're sorry to make amends octeerber fell short. But here we are hat in hand saying please forgive us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got nothing to add to that. Goo. I'm I'm I'm happy to be talking about Thanksgiving things go. Once upon a time, you and I used to, uh, used to go out every single night prior to Thanksgiving, as many of us did at one point or another. I think, how old were you when you realized it was one year too many that you went out on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Thanks it was two years ago. It was easily two years ago.
Speaker 2: I remember going out. I went out with you one night. We went to Miller's over there in Watatown's no longer there anymore, with your then uh, I don't even know. She was your frowncy, then your then girlfriend and a friend. And then I think I went out the next year to the same place and I was like oh, because then it was like all my sister's friends that were in there, and I was like, yeah, I'm too old.
Speaker 1: Well, we did a reunion and then went to a local establishment just two years ago, and that's when I said, you know what, oh right right, yeah, Thanksgiving Day I need to be a more functional.
Speaker 2: We did our fifteen year reunion.
Speaker 1: Which isn't a real thing, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: We were two of twelve people that showed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was the fifteen year and less than fifteen showed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And a little peak behind the curtain here. The city that we grew up in still kind of tighten it, and we grew up with Facebook, so everyone still knows everyone's shit. You know. It's not a I think our generation will be the start of those like reunions going away because you just see everyone shit anyways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then also the people that you don't see you don't want to see.
Speaker 2: Great point, Yeah, great point.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned Towny night Mac. This Thanksgiving, we are giving you a tiering of all of the events that happened during Thanksgiving weekends.
Speaker 2: And there's quite a bit. Is it sort of signals like, I know, winter starts technically before right, I don't even know. To me, like the start of winter is Thanksgiving week, you have Thanksgiving, the shopping begins like right around then. That to me is a quintessential winter. That sort of thing.
Speaker 1: So let's get to the tiering of Thanksgiving weekend events. Things that you do for the holiday a lot of from Wednesday night through Sunday, you do a lot on Thanksgiving. So I will bring this up right now. The tears at the bottom, the worst possible stuff from the weekend, le gimblets, the worst part of the turkey.
Speaker 2: We got five tiers here, five tiers. Folks at home, we got a visual here. Yeah, if you'd like, I'd like to hop on the YouTube and see it.
Speaker 1: Then the second to last is get it out of here, see you later, throw it in the bin. In the middle is it's fine. It's fine max opinion on most movies.
Speaker 2: No, fuck you.
Speaker 1: Then the second to best is holiday essentials.
Speaker 2: Stuff you need, stuff you need. You might not like it, but it's necessary.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then finally, the best part of Thanksgiving, the best part of the weekend sides.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'll tell you right now, not the turkey.
Speaker 1: It's the sides.
Speaker 2: That's what makes Goo and I similar, that makes us great. We agree wholeheartedly. The best part about Thanksgiving dinner is the sides. I don't even need the turkey. I'll have some. I'll dabble, give me seven sides.
Speaker 1: Let's get started with towny night. That is when you will go out with your old friends from your old town right right the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and I will say that it is get out of here, especially at our age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you were gonna go a tier below that I was gonna go this, and we're coming from different perspectives now it's now going on the other side of it goo, where me as a single man in my mid thirties, I almost got to get out there and go out Wednesday night, you know what I mean. So I don't love it. It's fine, but I think it belongs better in this dear, get it out of here.
Speaker 1: I am trying to have my best foot forward for the weekend and not taint my entire weekend.
Speaker 2: No, that's true too, And for this year, I actually got to work on Thanksgiving Eve, so I don't have an option.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the next part of Thanksgiving would be, oh, the next morning going to a high school football game, taking in the old Pinskin locally, and I think this is fine.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd go a tier below. Really I did it once, but it ties into the night before Goo, so maybe this is something that's going up. I was incredibly hungover. I hate it every fucking second of it, and it was like thirty eight degrees. You know, it's cold weather. I'm hungover. It's not something I'm looking forward to. I think as we get older, maybe we have children in the high school, maybe we know kids playing that aren't our peers. Maybe it goes up, but I'd say get it out of here. To me, it's very similar to what I'm sure is coming up at some point our turkey trot. Oh.
Speaker 1: By the way, we each get two vetos in a stamp.
Speaker 2: Okay, two vetos in a stampiness agree.
Speaker 1: I might move that up one because, as you just said, as you have children. I bring my son to this now he loves it. Okay, that's fair music. There's do you wear your helmet?
Speaker 2: Do you wear your letamon jacket?
Speaker 1: My letterman jacket that's a size two XL. I really thought I was gonna grow into that.
Speaker 2: No, you know, I think it was just the thing. Everyone did it. And even when you see high school kids now, their letamon jackets are way too big for them. I think it's just the style of the letterman jacket.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the turkey trot, and I am putting this in the giblets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna argue with you on that. I'm never gonna do it, never gonna do it. I don't know, I don't I don't care. I think it's maybe the worst thing ever invented actually, so yeah, we'll keep it.
Speaker 1: And don't get me wrong, I would love to wake up on Thanksgiving morning and like work out or something like that. Shit, even I'll hop on the StairMaster the day before, you know, because I'm gonna eat a lot of food.
Speaker 2: I know, my face don't want to and run. And then it plays into the Wednesday night thing. Most people go and drink afterwards, so it's like, why don't you just drink before and not go?
Speaker 1: All right, I guess we'll now go to the one o'clock or so, the twelve already football game, the NFL game, and I would say that this is a holiday essential. And because the Lions are so good now, that's always the early game. That might be sides?
Speaker 2: Are they always the early game?
Speaker 1: They're always the early game. Cowboys are the four and then I know they try and sneak Green Bay in there as much as possible, but they usually play one of those two teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's an essential for sure. The early game usually sneaks up on you though you're like getting ready for the day. You might be might have just gotten to where you're supposed to go, But by the time you're paying attention to the early game, it's like.
Speaker 1: Second third quarter. You can get some late bets in right, right, You're not gonna get any parlays in there because you're always way too late for it, unless you're waking up and doing it. That's not a bad tradition either, waking up and setting a DK lineup for the day.
Speaker 2: I just set my DK lineup up two hours ago for Thursday.
Speaker 1: For Thursday, love it. Do some nice ladders on Dak Prescott, who's not playing this.
Speaker 2: Year, Big Cooper Rushkay, I'm not a Big Cooper Rush guy.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: No, he's feeding ceed lamb though. It's not bad.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's go to Thanksgiving dinner, which is I don't I think we should change this because no one has Thanksgiving dinner. For dinner, it's lunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we eat roughly two pm. It's neither lunch nor dinner. But we're definitely not eating at like five six o'clock. The people that do that are fucking psychopaths. I want to eat. You want to eat early because it enables two things. Number One, you get to spend more time with people, more time in the day. Number Two, it allows for immediate leftovers at five or six o'clock. You go back in there, you make up a whole different plate or maybe the same plate, maybe like the same shit. Maybe you make a sandwich. It's essential to eat early so that you could have leftovers at like six, five, seven, whatever sides. Yeah, yeah, it's gotta be.
Speaker 1: And look, I'm not even saying that turkey is great or whatever meat you're serving with. I just love the sides.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And there's like a whole pomp and circumstances to the thing. Right, Usually wherever you go has a whole lineup, but you know, you go through, you go, everyone has the same seat they usually sit in. It's it's a whole thing. It's a ceremony.
Speaker 1: Oh I forgot to put one at the beginning. Let me jump in right now. That's a rewind the sound effect. So you don't work in an office, but they might have done this when you were at school, and that is either the week before or the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, they have a turkey dinner.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, like the last official day before you go on holiday. Yeah yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: No, you're not into it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stamp it in giblets. I hate this more than anything in the world.
Speaker 2: It's like a primer.
Speaker 1: Though I understand. I understand why they do it. Not everyone is lucky enough to go home and have a turkey dinner. I'm fortunate. We're both fortunate for that. But I want a turkey dinner twice, maybe three times a year. Yeah, not twice in a week.
Speaker 2: I I would. My argument would be that I would like to eat stuffing always, so if there's a good stuffing involved, it should go up a tier. At the very least.
Speaker 1: It's one of my biggest pet peeves in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, I get that. But if so, if it's primarily based on the turkey and the gravy, I think you're probably right with this tier. But if there's some good sides, and there's probably not, it should go up a tier.
Speaker 1: I've already stamped it, all right.
Speaker 2: Oh you stamped it. I stamped it all right. Fuck shit, it's been stamped.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the four to thirty football game. And this I would say is it's fine. It's usually a decent game, but it kind of goes with the next part of your very sleepy at this point because of the tripta fan of the turkey and you are going for your after dinner nap. That would be a holiday essential.
Speaker 2: Agreed. I'm gonna stamp the four thirty game in sides. That is the classics, the game everyone's paying attention to. To your point, it's usually the cowboy game team of America. And moreover, there's nothing better than like betting the game, slowly washing the game.
Speaker 1: Falling asleep, waking up in fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, end of the third, beginning of the fourth, and getting reinvested into the game. It's an absolute staple of the day.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm more of the twelve thirty game. I'm definitely more into that because you're getting hyped for the food, you're eating apps, just pounding shrimp. By the time of the four thirty you've already seen one game, you're tired from the food, you're eating desserts.
Speaker 2: Probably arguing with the weird uncle.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's most of the day. What else happens on Thanksgiving, that is on this what the school lunch? Thanksgiving? He had two of them on there, Billy d they're both going in giblets.
Speaker 2: School lunch and what was the other one? Like a work the work one. Yeah, school lunch wasn't bad though, because you were a kid. He didn't really fucking it.
Speaker 1: Once again, I don't.
Speaker 2: You didn't have strong opinion.
Speaker 1: Listen to me, child, No, listen to me right now as a parent, Right now, I don't want my son eating too with turkey dinners in a day, in two days.
Speaker 2: You don't want them having a little cranberry sauce. That's usually what it was. It was like shitty turkey and cranberry sauce. All right, Yeah, you're right. I'm not gonna argue that you're right.
Speaker 1: Don't you dare taint my son do the eight thirty game. Let's go to the eight thirty game, the eight twenty game. This is get out of here. I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say it's fine. I was gonna say it's fine.
Speaker 1: Even the games, like when the papers make it through the game, like the butt Fumble game was an eight twenty game on Thanksgiving? Yeah, and you had to will yourself to stay awake for that.
Speaker 2: No, typically it's when you're you might catch the first half. That's when you're driving home. It's fine, it's there, it exists. You're not really paying attention to it. But it's another reason you're.
Speaker 1: A little footballed out by that point too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: I guess we'll do Thanksgiving leftovers next.
Speaker 2: It's a okay, go, it's sides, all right. I was gonna say holiday essential, No, it sides. I'm not a huge leftovers guy. After the fact, same day, love it that night, but then we get a day or two days later. I'm like, to your point, though, I'm sick of turkey, and I'm sick of these same things. It's kind of what the point you were arguing.
Speaker 1: I take everything that's left over, take all that slop, and just put it into a sandwich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that same day, but I would we'll wave.
Speaker 1: The classic Ross Geller moistmaker. I will take that. I also forgot, so you don't have to deal with it as much. But you are a child of divorce because your parents don't.
Speaker 2: Love you never were even married.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh, so I guess your parents do love you.
Speaker 2: Yea out of wedlock.
Speaker 1: Lucky for you then, but they didn't abort me.
Speaker 2: What a win.
Speaker 1: For Thanksgiving, you need to plan out your day because you have several families that you have to go to. You have in laws, but you don't have the in laws that you're also trying to plan things up.
Speaker 2: But isn't the staple, right, So you do one Thanksgiving one Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: Now we're just doing split day both days. Yeah, creates a very long day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: So I would say this is get out of here.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with that. I'm okay with that. But I will say so the tradition that my local family has, and it is quite we're from all over the place, Like I have cousins that aren't really my cousins, but we call my cousins and uncles and that whole thing because you're rednecks. Right, Yeah, there you go. I am wearing my Hampton Beach shirt. It's one of those things. So we all go because it's such a large family, large Irish Catholic family. There's like four or five six sights and then we all meet up at this one person's house and we do like a nightcap. We do some drinks, whatever food's left over, and I really enjoy that. All the adults show up and all the kids go away.
Speaker 1: It's like the Vince von Reese Witherspoon holiday classic four Christmases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except you know a different holiday.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Black Friday, and it's not what it used to be Black Friday. It used to be doors at midnight or you get them at five am. You go to the stores, and there were amazing deals for a very short window of time. Black Friday started this year on Sunday. I would say, kind of bullshit.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure you would echo this. We are very lucky that we did not grow up as parents when Black Friday was a thing, because parents would be running out at midnight on Thanksgiving to go get shit for the stupid ass kids.
Speaker 1: I will say, this is that so even now with the bad savings, the savings are just there for the week. I still wake up in door bust on Black Friday.
Speaker 2: Just because you like doing it, though not for a good reason.
Speaker 1: I do like doing it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing is I set a budget for Christmas. I set a budget for what I'm gonna spend on people, It's kind of like being a GM in baseball and you are like, there's a bit of flexibility to what the budget is. You go over, you're gonna get taxed. But finding and being like I just save twenty five on this, I can now get this too, and just building up the best roster of gifts. I'm all about it.
Speaker 2: You know what My tradition is, what's that Black Friday and or the next one coming up is I'll buy something for myself. Yes, And then when I go and buy gifts, it's like three days before Christmas.
Speaker 1: I used to. And we grew up in a time when you know, DVD's were cool but no, but DVDs were cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Black Friday DVD sales were the best.
Speaker 2: You got me the unrated version of Corky Romano.
Speaker 1: Why those three dollars a target? What do you want? I used all my goodie bucks on it.
Speaker 2: I mean Best Buy did have the best little bin of five dollars DVD's. You could swim through that thing and find something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you would get home and your parents would say, oh, what'd you buy? And you're like, oh, I bought the movie Arthur, the one with Russell Brand why'd you buy that? It was four dollars?
Speaker 2: Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But people say it's fine.
Speaker 1: People say it's not as good as the original. So Black Friday is get out of here. I think it's close to Giblets because they've ruined it.
Speaker 2: So here's the question. Bring it up. Now. Are you saying Cyber Monday greater than Black Friday? Oh?
Speaker 1: Easily. Cyber Monday you get sweet deals.
Speaker 2: I like Black Friday more than I like Cyber Monday. I'm over it by Cyber Monday.
Speaker 1: Cyber Monday you actually do get amazing deals.
Speaker 2: Like Cyber Monday is my whole year. I'm looking at shit all the time online.
Speaker 1: You know so, aren't I? But you get the deal. The deals are there, the deal of the day.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a tier above Black Friday to me.
Speaker 1: I'll put it with it.
Speaker 2: But okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Look, they could both be better, agreed, but they're not.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is sort of stunning that there isn't a place, a store that is running a real doorbuster, like, hey, get in here and you get this, but you're also gonna buy this first.
Speaker 1: Walmart might be. I think Target got busted last year for doing fake door busters.
Speaker 2: You know what's fucked. Yes, the closest Walmart to us is like fucking framing it framing ever. Yeah, it's not great.
Speaker 1: It's not great, But.
Speaker 2: In Boston city limits, Walmart's not very good. I mean it is Walmart.
Speaker 1: It's a good point. You also have small Business Saturday.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know this existed until two days ago and he told me about this bullshit.
Speaker 1: But this goes with the other one that has left, and that is putting up Christmas decorations and all related May I explain me finish? So tradition, every single year I have done this. How old am I thirty five? Yeah, I've done this for thirty five years, thirty six years of We always decorate my mother's house the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We've always done it, always put the tree up, do everything there. So what usually happens is we have broken lights, maybe the tree is busted, we need more stuff, and we always end up going to Target five times on that Saturday, which is the opposite of small Business Saturday.
Speaker 2: So my perspective on this, GUP. I always like the idea of supporting small businesses, and I actually really do when I can local bakery, local coffee shop, whatever.
Speaker 1: You didn't even know about their holiday.
Speaker 2: I know that's what I'm saying off of your soap. No, this is a holiday made for people that don't typically support small businesses. It's for the frauds. Oh you are are the frauds. For the frauds.
Speaker 1: Why did you get me a Valentine's gift? I celebrate you look at Valentine's every day.
Speaker 2: This is giblets, Kimmy Gibbler, it's giblets. Yeah, this is out out on this like this, This is a thing that should be done year round, no doubt in my mind. It's dumb and not for nothing to smush it between Black Friday and Monday. You know what, this might be the time of year I least care about small businesses. I'm trying to get the fucking shopping done.
Speaker 1: And I would say that decorating for Christmas is holiday essentials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not for me. I'm just not a decorator in general. To me to pain in the ass, I don't like putting something up that I gotta take down again in one month, So I'm out on that in general.
Speaker 1: Well then why don't you just do what I do and put it up two months early.
Speaker 2: I just don't put it up at all.
Speaker 1: Also, I I'm not a monster. I put my outdoor stuff out the weekend of Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: The last time I had a real tree in my apartment was maybe seven years ago, and I will never ever have a real tree in one of my domains ever again.
Speaker 1: Ever, do you like our tears?
Speaker 2: I mean we should have had more. It's fines.
Speaker 1: Well, you can start moving some stuff. You have some vetos. What do you want to move?
Speaker 2: All right? Move Black Friday up to It's fine.
Speaker 1: Okay Black Friday. Although Black Friday used to be a holiday essential.
Speaker 2: I agree. That's why Boston was the best. That's why I think it fits better right in the middle there.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else are you seeing?
Speaker 2: Now? Can you use one of yours?
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm really really. I mean maybe the checklist might go down one to try and figure out your schedule for the holidays. That sucks, But get out of here is pretty good because you gotta figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should almost. We almost should have just made the bottom tier called turkey trot, right, That would have made more sense.
Speaker 1: Turkey trot and too many turkey dinners.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna use my turkey, my last one and move Turkey Trot down below the bottom tier.
Speaker 1: So you want it off the board.
Speaker 2: I think there's a thing to be said about turkey trot folks, right like, if your turkey trot family turn this podcast off, I don't want your your ears leave, leave the planet, don't bring your don't bring your fucking five k agenda into my fucking not my America, turkey trot people.
Speaker 1: So guys head over to tiermaker dot com. I will put this tier in our bio once again. Thank you to the other Billy d for making it. And let us know about your Thanksgiving tradition weekends or your Thanksgiving weekends. How do you tear? What is going on? Let's get into mac sach Matthew. You see this? Do you hear about this? By the way, your sack could be anything, It could be a boat. But posted by at j wep on x he said you have one hour to eat this for one hundred thousand dollars. Who are you calling for help? And what he posted was a photo of four large SODA's twenty McNuggets, two large French fries, and four double quarter pounders with cheese from McDonald's. I ask you, who would you call for help?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did see this, and my instant reaction was, I'm pretty sure I could do this by myself. I'm almost positive.
Speaker 1: So my second question was how long do you need?
Speaker 2: Out and getting the twenty nugs down, two fries, sodas, and two qpcs double qpcs. This four, probably gonna get the third one down, might have trouble with it. I'm gonna need help on the final double QPC, I think, so are you a double QPC guy? Are you into that type of shit?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. I'll eat anything with a fucking.
Speaker 2: Garbage, so I'll call you in. I think I could do it myself in an hour roughly, but I would struggle with that last sandwich. That's that would be the thing I would definitely need help on, and maybe half of the third sandwich.
Speaker 1: As someone who eats food way too quickly and I'm a bottomless pit, I could do this in under thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Well so to that point, I've done a couple eating contests. Your window really is the first thirty minutes, because after that everything sets in, especially including the liquid, and then you're just so full you can't you can't eat. So Really, when people when things giving an hour to do shit, you kind of got to do it in thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: As as a small boy growing up in a household with a very large bru that I had a very small window to get my food in before it was gone, and that lives with me.
Speaker 2: Nothing was better than claiming the extra bag fries, the fries that had fallen out of the thing.
Speaker 1: You know, I did, Like someone made a joke on here that the person I would call is my father to let him know that I won one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Coolest and who wants to be a millionaire moment of all time? It was fucking phenomenal. I think about it too. How many times in your heyday would you get McDonald's or whatever fast food and on the way home you eat all your fries and nuggets before you can get to the good stuff. Well you have to that's a regular day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time.
Speaker 2: Well it's like double that you're getting that. I honestly think a lot of people could get this done by themselves.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I ate for dinner the other night, Jeff, I had six eggs and a pound of bacon.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you right now, a pound of bacon is not as much bacon.
Speaker 1: As not as much as you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could eat a pound of bacon. And six eggs is eggs these days in this economy, they're little. Little eggs are little these days. Six eggs and twenty twenty four, it was like three eggs in two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Did you see what I ate last night? I posted it on Instagram. It was that giant sandwich. So it was a giant meatball and sausage sandwich, roughly the size of a French baguette, So the full French bagette, Italian sausage sauce on it. So I ate that entire thing. And then after that I ate two blueberry muffins from Jordan's Furniture. I can't be stopped.
Speaker 2: You went furniture shopping after eating that sandwich?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, What I did is we went to the enchanted village at Jordan's Furniture, and on the way out, you have to buy muffins or they're gonna arrest you.
Speaker 2: I do love a blueberr muffin. Don't get me wrong. This is not against this is not anti blueberry muffins. I don't know if I like combining the sausages in the meatball, so it's two different textures.
Speaker 1: No, no, so I did half sandwich of sausage half sandwich of meatballs. My mother only had so many meatballs for me to steal, so I took those, took the sausage, went home, made my own sauce.
Speaker 2: Don't tell her, Oh you, your mama doesn't make a nice of sauce.
Speaker 1: I make a beta sauce.
Speaker 2: Really, that is a bold claim. You're saying right now that Goo makes a better sauce than Mamma Goo.
Speaker 1: I make a better sauce than Mama goo.
Speaker 2: Wow. Would your wife agree?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Really? Would RAFFI agree?
Speaker 1: Rafi doesn't know the difference.
Speaker 2: Ah See, do you're ever.
Speaker 1: Being a kid now? You're a bad example of this.
Speaker 2: I've never had your sauce, by the way, I've had your mom.
Speaker 1: So, and I was gonna say when I was a kid, like I loved my grandmother sauce. I love my mother sauce. But I used to get excited at school when they would serve chef boy ar d food because we weren't allowed to eat it. At home.
Speaker 2: No, I get that. I understand that for sure. It's it's like when you were a kid trading shit at lunch that you didn't your parents wouldn't let you have, so you trade like two things for one thing because you could not get that at home. Wow, I'd like to try your sauce sometime soon. It's very good, uh, for those of you at home that have missed Goo's origin story. His nickname is derived from a type of sauce.
Speaker 1: The big ragoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Mac, Where can the people find us?
Speaker 2: You can find us on Instagram and on x as at Mac and Goo podcast every other platform. We are Mac Ampersango, max Shift seven Goo That includes Facebook, Stitch, r Tuning, Castbucks, Precer, Google Play, I Radio. We're on Spotify, but more importantly we're on Apple Podcasts. Get on there, rate review, subscribe five stars. If you do that, we'll get you a free Mac and Goo T shirt from the folks over at Watertown sports Where. That is Watertown sports Where on thirty four Modavn Street and Watertown Watertown Sportswear dot com Expert Screenprinting and Embroidery dot com.
Speaker 1: March ch don't forget you are in the final couple of days of November. And then also just find a toy drive donate toys good yes, check us out next week. Let's dump at the top, and then.
Speaker 2: We which if you're still somehow they're here at the end of this episode. Man two comes out this week. Goo and I did not get a screening invitation, and traditionally that's really bad for a movie, and consideringly Manuel Miranda is not involved. Yeah, I am very nervous for this movie. Goo.
Speaker 1: As someone who has now sat and through sitting through what's the past, time sodden. As someone who is now sodden through Frozen two multiple times, I can tell you that I have no faith in a Disney sequel at this point.
Speaker 2: Did you like the original Frozen?
Speaker 1: It's grown on me and I think the music is I think the music is pretty top tier. When you're looking at a Disney it is good music.
Speaker 2: I thought it was overrated.
Speaker 1: But I will say this is that if you're looking at the music of the two Frozen movies, five songs from the original stand out over anything from the second one.
Speaker 2: I still haven't seen the second one. In the second one, I was just thinking about Milana again. I can't speak enough positive things about Moana. Juana has nothing but bangers, nothing but banger, and I'm worried. I am worried about this.
Speaker 1: Sec You should be an im too.
Speaker 2: Are you going to take Raffi on Sunday?
Speaker 1: I thank you, so check us out. Then Tuesdays are Tuesdays. I abuse kangaroos. Thank you for listening. It's Thanksgiving. Bye, Bam Burton.
Speaker 2: Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure.
Speaker 1: Now it's not for girls jumping on trampolines