Speaker 1: Oh Na, na name, oh Na, what's my name? And hopefully ready to get his time anywhere. It's about to get weird. Be prepared for incident. Weird thinks you're gonna get weird. It's getting weird. I'm gonna get real weird with it. Let's get weird. Let's get it. Where where? Get where? Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric? I'm ready listen. I just listened one hundred and ninety episode of let Us Get Weird. To take that picture with my face? Oh, my name's hod May. I'm every week we come together, give you the weird stories from our go Oh that's another bad picture. Stop taking photos of what I'm in motion. We tell you, pauz eat in motion. Once an objects in motion, it can't get out of motion. Yeah, it's first, third, and third law versus. Let's look that up Newton laws. New I need to get a haircut. But we give you the weird stories from our lives, the streets, the sheets, the upside down, the in between's up downs all around in urinus and just have a good old time, you know. There the photo. So this is a little history lesson, not history of science. Newton's laws. The first law, an object will not change this motion unless the force acts on it. Okay. Second one, the force on an object is equal to its mass times its acceleration. Correct. Sure. In the third law, when two objects interact, they apply forces to each other of equal magnitude and opposite direction. The what yeah, Okay. Once an objects in motion, it stays in motion, baby, until you stop it. Motion this thrust, you know, like I took the blast shield up on my helmet that I'm wearing that you can't see because it's an audio podcast, because we don't do video podcasts. That is what it is. These cameras ain't the best. These cameras suck. They're not the best. They're good for seeing someone's there, but you can't see who that person is, Papa, Can you hear me? How you beat Bud? I'd be great, broke, but great.
Speaker 2: I'm broke because I took the four runner in for a the one hundred and twenty thousand mile maintenance check, and it was twenty five hundred dollars to fix everything, to change a lot of the fluids, change the spark plugs, oil change check, the batteries, both my tail lights are cracked, which is hilarious.
Speaker 1: But it's fine.
Speaker 2: It's been cracked for a while because I might have dinged one in a parking lot and I think another one got shot with something like there's a little hole in it, so I might have been thrown by rock or something.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: So that was fun, but you know what, it's all good. I'd be positive about everything.
Speaker 1: Can't keep us how much we liigan twenty five hundred dollars and.
Speaker 2: That was with a one hundred dollars coupon that said coop And I had a coupon and like, oh.
Speaker 1: Surely this will cover most.
Speaker 2: Met and then another one hundred dollars because I'm part of this President's club that finally paid off for me.
Speaker 1: So that's that. But it's fine, it's fine. It'srazy. I don't want to I think the top, the toy, the hood yoda, whatever the the is due for it one hundred and fifty and I'm like, I don't want to pay because I know it's going to be a lot of stuff I don't want.
Speaker 2: And I think with your with your hood yoda, I think you can just take it in for regular maintenance or like a oil change or take it to like a regular mechanic, not to the dealership.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, would take it to like Faveline or different.
Speaker 2: I took mine to the dealership, and I was like, you know what, let's just have your way with me, taste and say good night.
Speaker 1: They give you a snaky at least No, no, not the cool dealership that gives you snaky and has videos free snackis a d in Virginia Beach. What they got a GameCube? Wow? All right? Cool? The coach they had mine?
Speaker 2: No, I had one headphone in and the and the and they died halfway through.
Speaker 1: So that was a good thing. That's good, I thought. I paused the podcast. You didn't have it all goodness, think good, thank god. But also you have that to pay for, and you have some legos to buy in two days as of this podcast recording.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have the new black Millennium Falcon. There's a brand new F four F forty. Ferrari can start show. You're gonna buy the helicraft, the miniature one from Avengers, hell Carrier, Hellicarrier, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And then in October Max want's all four of the FORTNIGHTE builds.
Speaker 1: So I'm not say I'm gonna buy it for Christmas? Are you gonna let me say? Here you go? Now, that's a great question.
Speaker 2: I think actually I should buy, have my sister and my brother buy two of them, and but here buy these for Max will be good to go for what for Christmas?
Speaker 1: But will he want them now? Oh? He'll want them now. Max is a now child, max child, which.
Speaker 2: I think is my fault. But that's fine. I'd rather appreciate things now than wait. But he also should wait and learn. But he did wait and learn.
Speaker 1: Because he did buy a Pokemon sword, so you gave him six. He had sixty sixty one dollars in cash.
Speaker 2: And we went to Target to look for the Wolverine Claus because me and you saw it with maxel dead pull and Wolverine, and I did dig my son to see a rate on our movie. Don't care what you have to think about that. It's my son, not yours. So you have any problems with that, you can see yourself out. And uh, yeah, he wanted to buy the Wolverine clause we couldn't find him at Target.
Speaker 1: Thirteen dollars one? Oh that is that them? Is that them new ones? All right? Yeah? He wanted to that's only one. He wanted two. Oh, you only get one in the rip off. Yeah, dude, getting two, honey, like Caulcaines. You get two of them, not one.
Speaker 2: Well, he wanted some wolverine claws to walk around and beat me up with, and instead he saw he saw the Deadpool Samurai swords, which they had. Then he went over to the target here and rock.
Speaker 1: For pike the Yeah, but it's in Fairfax.
Speaker 2: Not driving a Fairfax, sweetheart, not driving a Fairfax noeen me.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, tell the stock of mine too.
Speaker 2: And so we walked around and he was like, oh, Pokemon Sword. I've been talking about this game with my dad forever. And I was like, well, you got sixty one bus, go buy it. So we bought it for fifty nine ninety nine. He gave me the guy the sixty one bucks. I gave him another dollar fifty that he owed and there we go.
Speaker 1: Interesting that you bought sword and shield and not violet or scarlet, because those are the most recent one. He wanted this sword and shield one. I don't know if from all his YouTube did he buy sword or seal shield? He bought sword. Good, He's a blue boy like myself. What does it matter what you pick a line? It's always red and blue hues when they do the two versions of things, and then usually the third one some random other color. But you stay loyal. You don't cross battle lines on what color you are unless you're forced to. Well, we're gonna tell him that there's the longest time I've been blue. So I was blue, I was I didn't get gold or silver. Then I was sapphire, and then whatever other blue ones were. Then brother, my brother was like, oh no, I went diamond, which is the blue one, and I got the purple one, which was pearl. I was like, what the hell, he's throwing it all off, But what does it matter? Just a certain pokemon you get that's okay?
Speaker 2: Well, he's I think his sword had Score Bunny and that's his favorite, his favorite Pokemon, not Fight Coco.
Speaker 1: Who's not a fan of Fight Coco.
Speaker 2: No, he likes Score Bunny more because that's like one of his favorite ones. Interesting, Yeah, so we we got it. He's been playing it and uh happened a good time with itre you go. But yeah, and he was also great at the Hot games on Saturday. We had a busy weekend too. We went to the Zoo, which was a lot of fun. A lot of fun the National Zoo. But remember when you buy your tickets, or you not buy your tickets. When you get your tickets, immediately buy your parking because parking in DC sucks.
Speaker 1: Or take the metro. No that mile walk it's not worth it, it's not worth it. A fun time, but we had a fun time, and uh yeah. And then you know, he's been.
Speaker 2: Asking about playing Fortnite with you for the last five days, so let's set up now. And I kept telling him, like who he's got no Wi Fi? And he's like, well, let's go give my WiFi. I was like, Bobby, this was.
Speaker 1: There outed yesterday. By the way, I feel like there was. I don't know. I was a dealership all day. Hoodie. My internet was was like so was the first time I uploaded a crisis podcast went super fast. I was like, oh, I like this, that take an hour to upload. But then as soon as it finished uploading, all of a sudden, everything else stopped working with Wi Fi and it was done. It wasn't like uploading and nothing was working. It was done. So there must have been outage from rising.
Speaker 2: No, you just probably sucked up all the bandwidth in your in your server or your router, and there you go.
Speaker 1: We don't have a limited bandwidth. It's whatever you get, whatever you get. I don't know, man, you never knowybe, I sucked up all the bandwid for everybody. You probably did.
Speaker 2: You're in a in a community, right, yeah, so maybe everybody uses the same kind of server.
Speaker 1: Hey, the podcast went up fast. Sot know what I'm saying. But we're doing all the tiny moves now. We got all the big furniture set up, so no more having to bend over to stop talking about your move, nuts and twists. It's only been two weeks and we were talking about my move six months.
Speaker 2: If you move, yeah, and it's done, you're gonna move again in two years.
Speaker 1: But I decorated my room and now more has the rest of them. It's degree, so maybe this time will come over? Should Why not? I don't know. If we gotta go to Reagan.
Speaker 2: If I feel weird going in other people's places, but here, you'd like it when you come to my place.
Speaker 1: You gotta fly at DCA, don't pay for parking, just park a hoodie's house and how am gonna get to the Reagan? Am I gonna walk? I'll drive you over. That's no, We're literally ten minutes from there. That's literally down the road. That's rude. I can see it. You can see it. I can see the Blaines.
Speaker 2: I feel I can't hear haircut. I want a messy haircut, all right, and you get a haircut buzz cut, No, buzz I have a big, obscenely big head, buzzes cut.
Speaker 1: Why don't you get a buzz cut? Had him all throughout high school, college and more. Wasn't a fans. She's like, I did not like that look on you. I'm like your hair correctly, my friend Andrew, Well, obviously the moves I've been doing that, but that was my quick talk about that. But yeah, you getting adjusted to the new apartment. We relocated the beds because we had the king bed originally in the smaller bedroom. Moved into the actual big I dream and my god, there's a lot of room, thank god, because it was real cramped in that queen size room of what it was. So what are you going to do it? But I have a question for you. Go for two questions, two prompts. I thought it would be pretty cool for this podcast inspired that Princess Leah's Return of the Jedi Bikini just sold at auction for one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars. Wow. What movie prop if you had unlimited money would you want in your home to own or whatever you want to do with it? Where I don't know. My initial thought is I just want at least one of the lightsabers from any Star Wars movie, mainly Anakins or Obi Wan's. But uh, and it just can be the hilt doesn't have to be the prop ones they used to practice battle, but it was one of those. Is my little cheapy pro I think about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I would probably want a car I feel like are either a Bond car, maybetmobile, but the ninety Batmobile, which there's multiple bt Batmobile.
Speaker 1: You don't want the tumbler and get over anything. That thing is too That thing is massive. I can't go through anything that massive. Uh. That would be cool.
Speaker 2: Though, but yeah, no, I think I would want like a vehicle, like some kind of cool vehicle or maybe yeah yeah, or a.
Speaker 1: Star Wars related thing. Yeah, that's a great question. If you have maybe I used it for something else, for a future thing the show he's going to use. It's a good question, it's a great question. What would you take? What prop would you use? I think the K for LEAs one hundred seventy five k just for the outfit for Return of the Jedi Lea. Where has it been hiding at or where is I think carry Fisher's a state or something. She had it, yeah, or someone had it, that someone had it and they're like, okay, fine, we'll go up fraction and stuff like that. I think that I think it's a lot of anything to cheat a low ball price. It feels like a low ball price for just how kind of iconic that bikini is. I guess is whatever you wanna call it. But I think the other thing is like you display it and you look kind of creepy if you have it, you know, if you're just like, oh dude, and just like I have I have printces.
Speaker 2: But it's an iconic piece of like not only movie history, but like pop culture, you know, like that.
Speaker 1: Was I want a droid. Give me one of the R two D two, even be R two d to give me R five D four my favorite, not R two D two. You had a bad motivator. Everyone for him. We wouldn't have Star Wars. Damn, you give me one of them droids. You don't have to give me the remote controlled pilot it. I just wouldn't have it in the background chilling, one of the background chilling. Okay, well, there you go. Anything else for you? That's it? Manomobile, that's a good one. Yeah, batmobile, I think it'd be good. I don't know. That's a tough question. Dom's car from Besting Theory brou that Challenger stays in the garage, and.
Speaker 2: Or Paul Walker's skyline. M hmm, that thing is beautiful. Yeah, I would be.
Speaker 1: I would be.
Speaker 2: I'd want a vehicle of some sort. I just don't know which one, you know, or maybe something from Pacific Rim.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a Jaeger. I wanted my back outs. Tennis is looking at you because with your helmet on, He's like, oh yeah, yeah, I got the seal approval. There we go. See. That's why I leave these props in these houses because I'm wearing an X Wing helmet. I think a legit X Wing helmet too would be cool. You like small things, Mine aren't a lot of big things. Outsides the droid, but like it's like just have it. They just like to have it. To have it. It did not have to fit me. I prefer it fit me and not be Porkin's helmet. But you know, well you do.
Speaker 2: Have an obscenely large head. It's funny how me, you and John all have size eight.
Speaker 1: Heads, big boy heads. We do have big boy heads. So this leads my other question because when I think movie props, I think of the American History Museum in the Smithsonian. Yes, because you know the favorite music you've been recently it's been always been a minute but in the past, well, I went like during my honeymoon, and they like updated the pop culture, which is like the best part of that museum, and it's really cool. I think I told you like they played Avengers and I popped out what museum will say Smithsonian because we know those best. Would you want to spend the night in and have your own night at the museum.
Speaker 2: The American History Museum, no space, the American Space Museum, space at the mall, not the one at ouzvar Gardi won in Vienna. I'd want to stay at that one in in DC and hang out and watch the IMAX there and be around the X Wing and all the other cool things and the space rocks. I'd want to touch one of those damn spaces.
Speaker 1: Just grabbed from DC. It feels different. How would you know nobody's touched the space You take a rock, you get outside, you swop it. Uh, sort of Indiana Jones style will be like now it's my.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I would love to touch one of those damn space rocks.
Speaker 1: No one has touched them. They sit there.
Speaker 2: There's a vault where you can get married in front of them at NASA somewhere.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I remember we talked about this before.
Speaker 2: There's a vault that has all the space rocks from the moon landing that no one can touch or see because they're especially encased in the thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the story you're referencing is weddings. That's wedding in space. That's the space rock vault. Think that's what it's called space rock vaults, Lunar samples vault.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what it is. I don't know, but some people have gotten married in front of it.
Speaker 1: Wedding. Uh, rating the rock vault? Are you ready to rock your event? It's a rock and roll wedding. Okay, that's space put moon rock rock. I'm confused. There's too many things here. Yeah, that's not it.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, Andrew put in the lunar rock rock wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh this is gonna be interesting. I mean, okay, it's giving me the moon rings. Mood rings and moon rings. Okay, that's not going anywhere. I mean, I think air in Space US going to be probably the best one here. Now, would you do the one in DC, the one in Chantilly, he's the one in d C.
Speaker 2: The one in DC. Okay, yeah, that's the one I would do. I would do that one, all right, that's probably the best one to do.
Speaker 1: You know. The Newseum's dead, so in the Spy Museum would be fun too. Got moved, they got archived, and it's all doesn't exist anymore, so they moved it to know PG County or whatever. But the Spy Museum would be a good one too. Jay's Bond card in there. You can sleep in the tunnels. It's not there for that much longer, isn't it there now? So you can enjoy it now. The Bond cars, the Bond cars. That's a little fun tidbit from us. But what's that I hear in the distance. Oh, it's a little slurry. Go, it's time for.
Speaker 4: Some where we read real miss connections from Washington, DC dot teblist dot org slash m s and see who's freaker?
Speaker 1: Is it DC, Maryland and or Virginia? Before we get into miss connections, did you see the article today Robert Downey Jr. One hundred million dollars for even just to show up to be on Doomsday. Why that's before all of his box office things and everything. Yeah, friends at Variety did a little indef report of his one requirement. Russell brothers have to direct minus is on set stuff and if they're not doing it, he's not coming back. Russo's are getting paid eighty million for each Avengers movie? Now is that each split?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean forty and forty is still eighty That's not bad when you're not walking away and then you're gonna be You're you're goaded as.
Speaker 3: The best directors of all time. Yeah, you've directed four of the six Adventors movies. That but what have they done besides Avengers? They did The Gray Man, The Great Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh I like that movie with Ryan Philippy with no no.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Russo brother, Russell brother. They wrote for Community and were directors on that, which is what they kind of claimed. The fame was on movie wise, I go. You got twenty one Bridges, which was with Chadwick. It was his first movie after Black Panther one Extraction, which was a Chris Hemsworth movie that was a bad one. Then he had Cherry, which was a Tom Holland movie that no one saw. They had The Gray Man, which was Chris Evans and Ryan Gosling. They were technically producers on everything, everywhere, all at once. And then they have a movie in twenty twenty four called The Ultra Construction two. They were producers on that one. No Joe wrote it. What do you know? He wrote in both those movies, what do you know? What do you want from? But yeah, I think, yeah, do what they do best and getting paid for it. You know what I'm saying. That'll be fun. But misconnection. Sorry, that was a little movie. Tidbit.
Speaker 2: Sa had a crisis. He thought he was insis Kevin.
Speaker 1: It's not you, it's Eric. But what's freakre DC, Maryland or Virginia. We're kicking off right outside silver spring, What las ahead for the fall? I can't I can't see what the blast you'll do? Take it off? Smart outgoing soon to be retired, fifty seven year old man looking for a misconnection. I enjoy movies, cooking, outdoorsy stuff, music, almost all card going to the gym. Looking for outgoing, spontaneous, confident woman fifty it up to explode a city and that wants to try four more the new things in life. Looking for a true friend. Oh you stick of the same and take a chance on me and send an email. Nothing like having a cup of tea or coffee on a spring summer day. In subject line, put coffee friend and we'll see where it goes. Let's send him an email.
Speaker 2: And for em hanging out watching movies, checking out new restaurants DMV looks like North Potona, Maryland area.
Speaker 1: Kind of board.
Speaker 2: Sometimes would love to have a friend who could pretend as if she is my best friend lol. Just wants to feel a little bit of romance with no without crossing the lines or crossing the streams. Would love to hold hands and take long walks along the beach, but don't want to fall in real love. Not looking for drama anything. I'm I personally don't judge. Looking for a friend's kind of sad.
Speaker 1: It's okay, that's kind of sad. Maze Maryland's coming strong today. Looking for a play poton I got the hotel in four to twenty. You bring the throat, say it, say it, say it? And miss next one missing? What is it?
Speaker 2: Dedicated? Dedicated? Shit't tilly, I missed my dedicated worker. Your desire to finish every job, your desire to please your boss, your willingness. If you see this, let's talk about your positions up, down, left, right, all around, ab a B. Start selecting bored moms, any moms bored in the DMV.
Speaker 1: Area today, Another Maryland one. I used to have a friend who would meet me and we put on a show for each other. I'd love to find another woman friend like that, nice adventurous man here. Oh it's nice. The last one was flagged. And here's the funny thing. I literally saved this a minute before we started recording, so it must have been real bad. I don't remember what was real bad. You thought the one I said was bad. That's worse. That was worse. But anyway, that thing does it for us this week and let's get weird. Let's get weird. The fun fact we learned here is don't buy the milestone upgrade at the dealership for your car. Just say, hey, I'm good, give me that oil free oil change. You promise when I bought the car still last, grandfather, didn't baby, still last? Yeah, just don't even think about it anymore. Well you have to because you get to get in the car that you just paid when we after this, it's gonna lasting forever. This for I bought a new car at that point. No, you get about a little hand honesty. Well, hey, honest, he's getting a lot of love. This is a real hard to find those, but you can follow Eric mister Eric V. That's m R E R I c k V. Follow me at Andrew Hoodie. That's for why at the end, have a great week. I always remember it's okay to be weird insectsy. It got weird, didn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah,