Speaker 1: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack and Carnaco and JP Sorrow. We've got an exciting Christmas program lined up for these folks.
Speaker 2: We've been to a Little Boys that year.
Speaker 3: I don't know, right, Tony.
Speaker 4: It's an artificial tree, so I did artificial job at trimming time.
Speaker 5: This is only exceeded by the inability to adjust hollow the third rangled Here the Lapsed Fan got a price.
Speaker 4: For the million Dollar Man, even Santa Claus and.
Speaker 5: So no say it's not so start off.
Speaker 1: And welcome back to the twenty twenty four to I Left Christmas show. As we continue the unwrapping at a rapid pace, JP and Mama Sorrow here as well as yours truly, and what do you think so far?
Speaker 5: We've opened several gifts.
Speaker 2: It's been very excited.
Speaker 6: I've never had I didn't know anything about this, so it's wonderful to see how many people care about your show.
Speaker 3: And yes we do, but this is a wonderful for Christmas.
Speaker 5: I would agree.
Speaker 4: I would agree.
Speaker 5: I would agree.
Speaker 1: It's on par it's on par with, like you know, some of the things that uh yeah, some of the great Christmas specials that have ever been done.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you remember any fondly any Christmas television specials annually, any musicals or anything like that. I remember who used to sing every year? He said, a TV special every Christmas. I'm talking seventies. Being Crosby had a special.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I used to have Christmas specials.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 6: I forget some of their names, but anyway, he I think they.
Speaker 2: Most of them have passed away.
Speaker 3: Yes, but if they all have a Christmas show, it was just part.
Speaker 7: Of their what if we have Perry home or like come to the door right now?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that doesn't stop anything. Yeah, Bing Crosby had one. I mean you know that that famous song when he sings the the Little Drummer Boy with David Bowie. That's from a whole Christmas special that he did.
Speaker 4: Is it really Yeah? I never knew that. Yeah, it's really uh, it's really weird. It's you know, because it's all shot on video. But it's like and and he got his whole family to be in the special with him, and they fly to England and it's just a really bizarre.
Speaker 5: Four story in the whole thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like they have the story in there and then it's weird.
Speaker 5: No doubt.
Speaker 1: You remember the Bob Hope specials those that aren't.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we're doing what we can to keep that fire burning as people who appreciate how correctly everything used to be calibrated back then. Well, this one's from the Royal Mail and so I think, uh, our royal guests should do the honors here, Uh, missus sorrow. This is from m J.
Speaker 2: Hall.
Speaker 1: I can't tell precisely where in the UK this is from, but would you do the honors?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: I'll be glad to hold that if you'd like. Wow, that's that's the name of the that's the name of the show.
Speaker 5: Ye who knew, brother? What we're working on it?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: Those UK packages, those Royal Mail packages come wrapped, yeah, very tightly.
Speaker 7: Because you never know what's gonna happen with the queen or king. Now, yes, okay, what is that?
Speaker 5: There's a note here? Coach he No, she should read it. She should read it.
Speaker 2: I agree, Cold Share, Thank you for listening, Thank you for cinemania.
Speaker 3: Please enjoy this esthetically pleasing piece of dead media. Yours in shame and pain, Michael Hall Hangman's horse kind.
Speaker 2: Of ought, Yours and shame and pain. You're supposed to say, Merry Christmas, not here.
Speaker 6: Thank you for listening, coachirs, thank you for cinemania.
Speaker 2: Please enjoy this astatically pleasing piece of dead media.
Speaker 1: Yours in shame and pain.
Speaker 2: Michael Hall Hangman's Horse.
Speaker 7: Oh I don't know, Michael Hall.
Speaker 1: Or right, I can't say I do either, Michael. This is a This is a c D, a compact disc, as we used to say, And I'm gonna open it up to get a better sense of what's called martyr Martyr's luminism, I think, and some of the tracks give you a sense. One is called Death of the Territories. I think we I think we know really well. This is Remember he laced us with a copy of one of his tracks, which was deeply appreciated as it's uh uh you know, you know how much we love to inspire art. People send us things they create, uh not paintings, digital artwork, audio, and it's always such a treat to see what we can inspire, uh from folks.
Speaker 5: And now this is.
Speaker 2: It's all.
Speaker 7: So hard, you know, I do a jack knife our friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you want to check him out, it's Marty Rusk M. A. R. T y r s UK dot bandcamp dot com, and he sent us a copy of his album and if it's if I have this right, uh, this is the gentleman who had had a lot to do with vern and remembering what you know, what it was like in his uh, in his age. Well, we want to thank you very much for sharing. We do look forward to uh popping it in and listening and we definitely thank you for that note. Having Mama Sorrow read I think put way over the top. What do you when you see shame and pain?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What do you think of that is not inspiring it?
Speaker 5: Do you think so? I hope not?
Speaker 1: But in a lot of ways, isn't nostalgia supposed to be sad or not? What do you what do you think?
Speaker 2: Let's say, well, something just that you remember, Yeah, happy times, some things.
Speaker 6: Weddings and children being born and they first stay in school.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and death when.
Speaker 5: You lose a loved one's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, must be.
Speaker 6: Something that you either wish you hadn't seen or done or it puts you to shame.
Speaker 5: Yes, d do you think it's shameful to like professional wrestling?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah? What would be the reason?
Speaker 3: I mean I can understand if some people don't understand it.
Speaker 1: I don't understand some of it, but yeah, right.
Speaker 6: To watch, even though it's a show, it's Yeah, it just seems hurtful.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes it doesn't.
Speaker 2: A good wrestling match is wonderful to see because they're doing what they learned how to do professionally, and it's a sport.
Speaker 4: But is it.
Speaker 3: Then stop pulling your hair and gouging your eyes out that it's a little too much for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A few months ago, a wrestler stuck a hypodermic needle in the other wrestling cheek and then hit him over the head with a chair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't get that.
Speaker 6: It just seems it's not funny, but it's sad.
Speaker 7: But it's a I mean, right there, that's shame and pain right there.
Speaker 1: Well, shame and pain. But I think she conveys a very healthy message to wrestling fans worldwide on this Christmas. But there are redeeming qualities that even even somebody who you know doesn't consider herself a fan of the genre can appreciate. And I think that's why we exist exactly, because we give you permission to like wrestling and still have some semblance of self respect, or we.
Speaker 7: Give you permission to be embarrassed by yourself.
Speaker 1: And in that vein, we look forward to continuing the twenty twenty four unwrappening the next time we see you here. In the main feed, Merry Christmas. Everyone plays a production of the LAPS Entertainment Group.
Speaker 7: Its content is intended for private use only.
Speaker 5: Truly sorry, sorry, We want