Speaker 1: Hey, good evening, Happy Sunday at seven o'clock. We're gonna get started here just a minute. Thanks for joining us tonight.
Speaker 2: Guys, that's too high.
Speaker 3: They're crazy for war.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: I tuned into the chatter on a Friday night open forcing wisdom or signal soul righting, but all I heard is grumbling, a little frequency jamp.
Speaker 4: Every channel's crowded.
Speaker 3: With sad hamp.
Speaker 5: Oh saddamp, crying on the van, conveying about the prices.
Speaker 3: Things ain't doing an ass plans.
Speaker 1: Sad damn, always in a jam.
Speaker 5: Turned it down, and there you are just a sad paund These new rigs are pricing just a corporate game.
Speaker 3: Back in my day, it wasn't all the same.
Speaker 5: And those YouTube course they've all sold out.
Speaker 3: The sad Ham chorus hero.
Speaker 1: Scream and shout.
Speaker 5: Oh sad pamp crying on van, complaining about the prices. Things ain't going ass plans, sad pam, always in a jam. Turned it down, and there you are just a saddamn.
Speaker 1: See me, I'm muted.
Speaker 6: Heat.
Speaker 1: There's a mute button now. Who oh, okay, there it is good evening, happy, Thanks for joining us tonight, and uh tortoise overland first comment. I see, I didn't give any comments about that tonight, so I don't know. I don't know. Has that one worn out? It's welcome. I still, I still laugh at that. It's a catchy tune. I get, I get, I get that tune in my head and it's in there for like two days. So happy Sunday. Winter is here and been having a good time at the Hunting Lease and uh doing a lot of travel, doing a lot of traveling back and forth. I got some really cool stuff upcoming on the channel that I'm gonna share with you guys later but tonight. If you didn't get my email, then you're not on my email list, and you should be. Ham Radio two dot com, forward slash email Dash sign up. Sign up for my email list, and you'll get notified when we go live, and you will get links to both of these guys channels that we're going to talk about tonight and and the goal is to try to get them to about ten thousand subs each. Josh is just almost ninety eight hundred and Freddie Mack is just over ninety five hundred, So we may not get there tonight, but we're going to raise awareness anyway, So let's just jump right into it because I don't really have much else to talk about tonight. So what's up, fellas, how's everyone doing?
Speaker 4: Super pretty good? Thanks? Thanks for doing this.
Speaker 2: Jay?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, are we unmuted?
Speaker 1: You're unmuted? Frank?
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh everyone generally, but yes, no, I mean you started off at a tank radio stream like everything's muted, so I just had amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true. Yeah, no, I know everybody's everybody's unmuted now, so yep, good deal.
Speaker 4: Frank's here, so let's let's get him to ten thousand two.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 7: I was joking, but yes, definitely.
Speaker 1: I mean we don't have three thousand people watching this right now, so yeah, that's so many he needs. Well, something I want to do is, I mean, everybody knows who you guys are, the good thing about these the good thing about the audio, and brag on the audience for a bit. And I skipped the whole well, let's do a shout out real quick. I skipped the whole YouTube channel member thing. So YouTube channel members folks in green text in the chat Douglas amateur Radio KA four up w VIC, I saw you in there, earlier, family and all kids. Andy Kelly was in there earlier. Let's see radio Wayne Texas, Tom W seven O U T. I wish YouTube would fix this handle thing that they they've got going on right now. Brooks is in there, Jerry Hamshack TV of course, Thomas Wilkinson, ed AC three, I K good evening. I saw a digital rancher and prep Pam Paul in there. Good evening to both of you. Bonnie Susan, Yeah, Bonnie Susan, thanks for being here. Who else Electric smoke scrolling scroll. I saw Don in five s KT in there earlier. E O D kaboom. That's act of a name.
Speaker 4: He shows up sometimes.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: K H two x X so I say, hopefully he's in Hawaii and not stolen a call sign there. So good evening, Thanks for being here. Kurt Kennedy, Tortoise, Silverland Soul Studio, Ham Radio.
Speaker 7: Whoever's in Hawaii, reactivate more, please reactivate more.
Speaker 1: So shout out to the chat. But you guys are great because you guys, I know that most of you probably frequent all of the YouTube channels, all of the Ham Radio YouTube channels that go live that have live streams, so I'm guessing that most of you have probably subscribed to these guys already, but just in case you haven't, just in case there's someone out there that hasn't heard of these channels, or if you're watching on Team Replay, if you haven't heard in one of these channels, I'm gonna get each of these guys to go and just give us like a one to two minute overview, high level overview of what's your channel's about, what you talk about, you know, when, how many videos you post, if you have live streams, what your specialty is. I know what Freddie mac specialty is because he's been on my live stream numerous times teaching me the specialty of all star. Right, so because he's my all star go to guy, I have.
Speaker 7: An idea we should do a subscriber battle royale where we hold I mean like like like we put these two head to head and we have like two thousand subscribers, and then whoever wins gets all two thousand.
Speaker 1: That'd be cool if there was a way to do that on YouTube.
Speaker 6: I know it, right, and subscribers.
Speaker 1: Can I yeah, yea some kind of like third party of third party holding debscriber hold holding holding account holding thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that would be awesome.
Speaker 1: That would be cool. It's a good idea. It's not practical, but it's a good idea that would be kind of fun.
Speaker 7: I guess all right, we need both of you all to turn on your radios. Whoever has the most contacts gets all the subscribers for tonight go right, right, exactly, hold on, I'm doing this over meantastic.
Speaker 1: Right right, yeah, all right, Josh, I'm gonna let you go first because you're at the top of the screen. So why don't you give us like a short one to two minutes, you know, just tell us who you are, what you do, and what's your channel's mostly about.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll get evening everybody. I'm Josh AA four WX. I'm hamschet a TV over well on YouTube, we're all on YouTube. Just hit ninety eight hundred. Great, we're getting a step closer.
Speaker 1: There you go. Good?
Speaker 4: Uh, Really, just anything and everything. I try not to paint myself into a corner with a particular niche, but really anything radio, whether it's it's generally all Ham radio, but I do throw in a little bit of GMRIS content, and yesterday I think I did my first CB video I've ever done really uh yeah, so news information talking a lot about Hamfest. I do a little thing called the Hamshak TV Hamfest Tour every year, thankful to some partners that I have with Henry and prepping World Radio. I need to be able to do that financially. But this will be the second year doing the big three Ornando, Huntsville, and Dayton, not in that order, but you will know what I'm talking about. Yeah, But anyway, just been you know, I've been doing this for I've been all over a year and a half now or right out a year and a half, and I love doing it. I post. I try to post a video almost every day. I don't post one on Thursdays because that's tonight on live stream Thursday at eight o'clock in the real time zone that would be East. And I don't post on Sundays because of well there's a big thing going on called this thing and Radio two point zero. So that's rightly about it. We just try to have some fun Thursday nights. I have a live stream. We have a regular panel of folks with us, some of which are in the chat tonight. He'll Billy Dave, I call him super Dave. Fantastic Dave has recently joined my stream lately. PoTA Power comes in every once in a while, Tortoise Overland unless it goes on and on really and m z or o ap X too. So really thankful for all the growth and all the friends that I've made in the past year and looking forward to continuing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely cool man. Thanks a lot. So I was I left out. I left home yesterday morning. I got up early and hit the road to drive up to the hunting lease because I was out there just for the morning hunt. And then I came home. My wife's company Christmas party was last night, so I had to come home for that, and I'm on the road at about five am, and I threw my call sign out on my all Star node. Freddie Mack was not there. I'm sorry, but but Meshtastic Dave was there kV five Why. He comes back to me and he's like, man, you're up early, and I'm like, dude, so are you. So we talked for about twenty minutes. That was fun. It was fun to I didn't think anybody be out that early on a Saturday morning, you know. So, yeah, you were talking about Dave out there So we talked about some Meshtastic devices and I got his opinion on a new device that I actually He's like, well, look this one up and I'm like, well that's the one I was looking at and he goes, oh, yeah, that one's good. And then I got to the deer stand and pulled out my phone and ordered a new Meshtastic device. More videos about that coming up. And it's one that Robert doesn't have. So you got it. You got It's gotta be care yeah, I mean, if you if you found one that Robert doesn't have. I say, he doesn't have it. I don't think he does. Maybe he does, heck if I know. But yeah, as yeah, But so that was that was a fun. It was a fun conversation yesterday. So all Star is where you know, I'm there. I'm on it almost every day. I do have a two twenty a Linko radio right there that shoot, like like a year and a half I had it running as an All Star mode, and like a year and a half ago, the Pie it was an old Pie two and it worked fine until it died. And uh, and I just need to rebuild. I need to take a Pie three plus B board that's laying around here just in a spare board and rebuild it and put to put ASL three on it, which was not out at the time, and I'm gonna do that, and I'll have that one in the hamshack. But really the only one that I have right now that I that I use, that I keep on on a regular basis is the one in the truck. So I'm always on it when I'm out driving about and if Verizon decides to stay connected when I'm parked in my driveway, which is a hit or miss, then I'm on it when I'm at home as well. But I try to get on there as much. So you guys that have All Star join us on four three one, three six. It's the All Star hubb in the Cloud. And with that, I'm gonna turn it over to Freddy Mac because Freddy Mac is my all Star elmer. And when we installed it in to cloud, he was there. Kyle was with us, I think, and right, yeah, yeah, well, and that was the ASL three and that was a brand new version at the time. They had a couple of things and then they did a great job. No complaints about ASO three, but they but you know, it took a little bit, uh to get that going. So yeah, Freddy Mac welcome. Looks like looks like Josh has gone up maybe thirty five and you've gone up but maybe okay, okay, yeah, good, so keep those coming. Yeah, and Frank just shared the link to the chat, so co hosting. Yeah, welcome Freddy, and tell us about your channel.
Speaker 3: Well, folks, I'm Freddy Mack, your Hamm Radio crusader, and I am coming up on my third year anniversary Joe January tenth, twenty twenty six will be my official any of my third year on YouTube. And yeah, I was in public service for a lot of years, and of course I was HAM since ninety eight. Kind of put things on the back burner for my career, family, et cetera. Because you know, your public servants, you don't make a whole lot of money.
Speaker 6: It's not exactly why you're there.
Speaker 3: But when retirement rolls around, things get a little bit better. So I thought, you know, I'm gonna do a YouTube channel, and lo and behold, I tune into this guy's live stream. Ham Radio two point zero and Josh are doing a live.
Speaker 6: Stream on all Star Link. I'm like all Starlink.
Speaker 3: I wonder if this is anything like Echo Link. You know, the link got me going. So I'm watching these live streams and I'm like, this is kind of cool. What's this about? So I go back and watch some Jason's former videos.
Speaker 6: About all Star Link.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hey, this is pretty cool.
Speaker 6: I'm liking the idea of this whole thing.
Speaker 3: So I dove into it, right, I'm like, okay, and then I got totally lost because I did I know the difference between the ham Voyd version and the Axel version, because that you know, one's arch Lenox the other one's debbian Lenox, and I just didn't know that.
Speaker 6: And I'm trying to build.
Speaker 3: Nodes like crazy, and I'm failing like crazy. I just can't make anything work right. And then when I finally do I miss, you know, I cross reference to the wrong version video and I totally fail all over again. So once I got a handle on everything, and I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna do the YouTube channel thing, and I'm gonna do some I'm gonna do. First, I'm gonna start doing some review videos because I want to know more about some of these walkies, because that's about the time I got introduced to the cheap Chinese radio, and you know, I finally got my first ballfing five R right before I retired, because you know, say, hey, it's cheap radio, so I thought I'd.
Speaker 6: Do some radio reviews, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: And I know that I'm going to start doing a comprehensive how to on All Star Link ham Void version because it didn't quite grasp the ASL three version. There was a Raspberry Pie but there was there was a Raspberry Pie version, but there wasn't a lot at the time that you could do for extras, like like Skyworn plus or even Auto Sky that came with Handboy, or you know, doing some customizations for they had Allmind didn't have Superman yet, right, It's kind of back and forth, but I mean they eventually did. But as time went by and I'm doing all these instructional videos for Handboy version of All Star Link, the channel's growing. It's like crazy people are reaching out. It's like, hey, can you help me with this? And like sure, you know, because I've been there. You know. It's just like there's a lot of things, little things, little nuances you don't get told unless you know, or find out and started sharing as much as I could and then lo andhold Jill Juicy. June of last year, June of twenty three, June, let me think about this.
Speaker 6: June of twenty.
Speaker 1: Two, Okay, a year and a half ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so June of twenty four is when the guys at ASL three reached out. ASL all Star Link reached out. It's like, hey, we're releasing the ASL three version.
Speaker 6: It's all, you know, new and.
Speaker 3: Improved, YadA, YadA YadA, and hey, would you like to do the the intro video for you know, do a review and show us how do you install it and et cetera. Sure, totally, I'm all about that. So yeah, I've been kind of into that ever since. And then Jason and Kyle and and and Frank and gray Man Poda and Rob dragged me out to Springfield, Missouri and said, hey, let's go do a poda.
Speaker 1: That was your first PODA that year, was first.
Speaker 3: Quota and nervous as a cat man. But dude, that was so much fun.
Speaker 1: It's addicting, really really very addicting. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so yeah, I'm kind of throwing some PODA in the mix when I get a chance to. I've actually got a whole PoTA video I did for Summerfield not Field Day, Summer Parks.
Speaker 6: Support your Parks Parts weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I filmed that and I still haven't edited because person. But it was a hot, miserable day and I was trying to rip another radio at the same time, and yeah, I got to get back to that. But dude, and I don't know why I'd rather Poda by myself. I don't know. It's a lot of setup, but it's just like I can focus on one thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I can see that. I can see that I liked to PODA during a weekday. I don't like going out on Saturdays because the parks are crowded. There's more people out there.
Speaker 7: You just need to set it up.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's true. That's true. There are more people on the bands too, because people aren't at work, they're at home. They're like, oh, hey, Hamblert, Jason's on the air. Okay, good, you know. So it's kind of a catch twenty two. But I don't find I don't find it hard to activate Poda during the week I have never unless the band conditions are total crap. I've never really had a problem being oh it's Wednesday, nobody's out the air. I've never had that issue. Just you know, just sometimes the bands are just dead. But you know, generally speaking, I would rather activate during the week anyway.
Speaker 3: But yeah, my one Poto failure, the one that I have that I didn't activate, is was done on a whim. I was like, I've got two hours to get to this one place.
Speaker 6: That's only going to take me thirty minutes to get there.
Speaker 3: I can do this. And then I parked right underneath an electric line. It's a transmit. Yes, yes, I got three four contacts.
Speaker 6: I'm like, pulling the plug on this I got. You know, it was just I planned too quickly.
Speaker 3: I like, I like to plan stuff, but you know, I have to be ready enough where I could deploy when I want to.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, no, I'm with you on that. We were going. I think we were on our way to Dayton, weren't we.
Speaker 7: Frank.
Speaker 1: One time it was me, Frank and Mike in my truck and we stopped overnight at a park at a PoTA park, and our RV hookup spot was right next to a transformer. Oh, Mike set up an antenna and it was.
Speaker 7: Like that was in Arizona or New Mexico?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 7: It was in a New Mexico because when we go to any of these conventions, we usually just hit a park world fast or we just sleep.
Speaker 1: On the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 7: There's something like that. Yeah, it had to be the Grand Canyon because that's when Mike was with us, and that was the spot the trailer wanted to get level.
Speaker 1: Well, and that was at the Grand Canyon. But I'm talking about when we stopped for the night and our way there. Yeah, we were.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the transformer was literally right behind us, right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 7: What can you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I actually managed to find a spot. We have a in the next county over, which is my home county. Really there is a wildlife Management area and which they have I mean it's parking spots for hunters during hunting season that are so remote the grass is growing up through the pavement.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a few of these really scoped out now, because you know, between hunting seasons or what have you, when the weather's just right, you've got a place to park, you got to place set up and nobody, nobody is out there and the noise level is perfect. It's like so rule, it's not even funny.
Speaker 7: I have my spot in my park and even on the busy weekends, man, there's there's hardly anyone over by me. I can be out there and no one bothers me. Unlike another spot where a guy with a fishing pole pulled down my line. Oh, pulled down my intent. He stopped, looked at the line because it was going across. Okay, I set it up across the trail there, but the line was like ten eleven feet in the air, so no one's gonna walk into it. But this guy had like a sixteen foot fishing pool. He stops, look at the line, runs it down. I watched him with my eyes, runs it to me, and he goes huh and just starts on a walk with his fishing pull all the way in the air and just pulls everything down. I transmitted real fast, hoping the line was on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have walked over to his fishing spot and just turn up some loud music. So you never know. But yeah, all right, So both of you are doing giveaways when you hit ten k, so maybe we'll do a giveaway on the channel tonight. No, they're going to do this on their own channel. We're gonna do this on their own channel tonight. So so yeah, tell us what you guys are going to give away when you get to ten thousand.
Speaker 6: You go first, Jason or Josh.
Speaker 4: I wish I was Jason.
Speaker 1: It's a j where it's a j name, they're all the same, well.
Speaker 4: Jdayson other Josh, and then me. So there you go. All right, so you got a shout out to Gigaparts. They're helping out with with my giveaway. Uh, the not the Thursday after I hit ten thousand. That could be this coming Thursday. That could be next Thursday, it could be next year, who knows. But when I do hit the ten thousand, the very next Thursday, I am giving away a brand new Icon seventy three hundred. Before you all crap your pants and everything like that, it is not the mark too, it is not the Mark too, but it will be a brand new I see seventy three hundred. Giga Parts has given me a really good deal on that. In order to do that, I cannot wait to give that what radio away and all you have to do to be entered is be a subscriber and be present on the live stream when I give it away, as simple as that. So really excited about that one. Then it'll be one of those keyword things and I have to enter button.
Speaker 3: In any years.
Speaker 7: Subscriber not a channel member.
Speaker 4: Right, subscriber not a channel member. No purchase necessary, void work being prohibited.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to clear it up because I know there was going to be someone in the chat saying, ah, that that means you got to pay to play.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, so get it. You know. I don't remember. I think I was talking to my wife about this. This was a long time ago. She's like, well, if you ever like won the lotter, I was talked to her about the lottery. I never played. I never played the lottery. Every now and then I'll get it up to like a billion dollars and I'll go buy a ticket. But other than that, I never played, because.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 1: Every now and then, right four hundred who needs four hundred million dollars? But a billion dollars I could actually use sure, so you know. But yeah, but she said something to me. She goes, well, would you quit YouTube? And I'm like, no, no, I would go buy a brand new three thousand dollars radio. I'd do it every week for a while, but i'd probably level off it once a month.
Speaker 6: Maybe a new camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, no, I'm talking about I'd go buy a brand new three thousand dollar thirty five hundred dollar radio every month and.
Speaker 3: Give it away.
Speaker 1: Oh, give it away? Yeah, no, yeah, I would do a seventy seven sixty a new l Craft K four. Uh, what's the the T s A ninety from Kenwood, the F T one O one D, maybe the maybe the MP one month. Yeah, so I would buy a brand new three to four thousand dollars radio every month and give it away on the channel. And I would I would love to do that every month. But you know, uh, it's uh yes, it's one of those one of those pipe dreams. Maybe someday, maybe someday, maybe I could happen. I never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I.
Speaker 1: Can invent some sort of you know, wireless transmitter that will connect your antenna outside through a wireless wireless feed right, wireless feed line. Yeah, something like that. So that's an April Fool's joke every year. But yeah, so it yeah, I would. I would love to do that. I would absolutely love to do that every month, but you know, not in the budget, but maybe someday. You never know. So Freddie, what are you giving away?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Ever, since i got into All Star Link, of course, I've always been a tinkerer.
Speaker 6: I've always been a builder of some kind.
Speaker 3: You know. I was that little kid that toy's toys apart. They may or may not have always went to back together.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I can still remember my mom's first words coming out. But since then, this is the mark one.
Speaker 1: This is what.
Speaker 3: I'm calling Crusader Calm Link all Star Link Node.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 3: Motorilla CDM seven to fifty mobile radio.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Raspberry Pie four got a twelve votes, five vote five amp but converter. Okay, the Pie got the hot spot radios URI. Let's see a R A R no aar A.
Speaker 6: I keep saying this wrong.
Speaker 3: A r I USB five soundfop has adjustable audio pod on it, and it has a built in signal stick and tenon and one power pole connector to rule them all power the whole thing. So it's a single single point of power, single point of power twelve US in. It's you can got a thermostat controlled fan for the back, so it does about ten watts. If you want just that up for you go max of forty.
Speaker 6: It'll just heat up.
Speaker 3: Faster if you run it at forty watts, and you might want to put a bigger anten on it because I think these signal sticks are probably only rated for about ten No ops, are they rated or five?
Speaker 1: No, there's a there's several people I know, including Digital Rancher in the chat and let me I'm going to brag on Rob here for a minute. Signal stick will do sixty seventy watts.
Speaker 3: Oh sweet, see, I haven't stick that far.
Speaker 1: So a c K runs He back when he was driving his jeep before he got his F two fifty he's got now, he had he ran a signal stick on top of his truck and I think he was running an FtM four hundred full power. Fifty watts no problem? Okay, no, so yeah, yeah, so they'll handle full full mobile power, no problem. They'll handle up to sixty or seventy ons. Rob was we were at Beltonham Expo in Texas, not this year but last year. And this is the year that we went to the mesh Con thing at the Spec five Oh yeah. Yeah, And as we were driving to mesh Con, Rob's driving in front of me. I'm falling behind him, and we're talking on six top five to two a little bit kind of here and there and and a couple of times. I think it happened twice and at least once there and once back, if not twice there, but anyway, so he'll he kind of went silent for I don't know, five minutes or so, and he got on there and he's like, Okay, he's driving down the road with a signal stick intent on top of his truck and I think he's got a twenty seven to thirty in his truck just like his chest breas. Yea, yeah, and he made a satellite contact from his freaking car with a signal stick antenna while he was driving. He's like, oh, yeah, I just contacted aoff whatever the hell it was. I don't remember which one it was. And I'm like, of course you did, Like they have you, like Rob, the satellite has you on him alert. Okay, they know when you're alive and they kind of point to you, I think, but no, Yeah, signal stick will absolutely handle hundred not one hundred wats full power. Mobile radio. Yeah, you can totally do that.
Speaker 3: So those of you and his chat that are asking, it's the B and C dull band mode model of signal stick, and it totally takes it. It doesn't. It doesn't have any issues with the ten or so watts that I'm putting through it.
Speaker 1: No, no, tim watts is easy for signals.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And I'll adjust the radio up. If you win the radio and you want it at forty watts at full power, I'll put it at full power. I'll even throw in full customization of the all Star link node if you want to give me your your node number and node password or whatever.
Speaker 6: I'll customize the Supermond for you.
Speaker 3: I'll install skywarn plus, I'll scan all the bells and whistles, you know, just say I got one out there. So and the reason the reason I'm using the signal a stick, of course, number one is quality because the first time I built one of these, I put the bo fane and tent on the top and I didn't realize it because it was a screw on type, it wouldn't be n C yet, didn't have it tightened down completely all the way. And I'm keying up the radio and I tuned it into a net and.
Speaker 6: It slowly went and poured off a.
Speaker 3: Melted it at the base.
Speaker 1: Oh, you should have recorded a short on that. That was awesome short video. I was trying to do it again, do it again, get another.
Speaker 3: It again, but man, I was like, oh my god, I'm gonna I'm gonna set the house on fire because I was in the house filming or are setting these up, trying to get them ready and testing them because I didn't want to. It was too cold, too hot to be up.
Speaker 6: In the shack at the time where I was. So now I've got climate control and it's completely awesome.
Speaker 1: But yeah, signal sticks turn out to great, great antenna, great intenna. I've got, I've got, I've got a bunch of them. So in fact, he usually runs a Black Friday special, and I never heard from him this year, so I'm not aware that he ran a Black Friday special. Maybe maybe he'll do something for Christmas. I don't know. He doesn't he doesn't run sales, but like once a year, and I thought it was on Black Friday, but maybe it's at Christmas. Maybe I'll get a note from him later this month. I don't remember usually hit me up in Discord and say hey, all right, here it is and I'm like okay, and then uh and then that you know, people buy the hell out of them because that's the one sale of the year. But he sells the heck out of those things that I think last year or this year twenty twenty five, I think that was his first time in Orlando, and because people broken up, it's like, why don't you go to Orlando? Why don't you go to Orlando. He's like, well, I guess I gotta go because everybody's asking me. So yeah, they're great intendas for sure.
Speaker 6: And every ham Fast you go to, every ht out.
Speaker 1: There as a Sai, yeah, yeah, just about they'd just about yeah, they work really well. Well good, So do you do you build and sell those, Freddy or what? What do you?
Speaker 3: Well? And that I mean that's actually coming. Mark one is a style. I'm going to be making a new one. I don't know if you've seen the the little videos that I put out on the GMRS reputer that I built. They're on a separate stand to Raka and I'm the Mark two that I'm fixing it come out with will be on my shop by the Way, which just got launched Cape Radiolife dot Shop Okay, now only has the what we're calling the Toad's shell, the three D printed case for the Toad's digital interface with the Toad's D six daughterboard, and the first ones that I have on the black ones have already all sold out, and they have a screw type interface on them, and I think all the rest of them for now on.
Speaker 6: Are going to be the magnetic face.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you got tous you've got to pull that circuit board out and adjust your pots on there for your audio if you're going to do a lot of in and out. I'm worried about the screws were wearing out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just I mean, people like me carry screwdriver with them, but most people don't exactly, and a lot easier. The magnet magnetized front to be a lot easier.
Speaker 3: And they're strong enough to hold it into place. Yeah, big good deal. So I think the rest of them are going to be magnetic magnetic fronts, and I'm gonna have some more of those relisted here before too long. But I sold out of the black ones today. I printed some blues just for something different and a few. One of those have sold, so I have four of those left, so I'll probably I've got some other colors I'm coming up with. But for an extra five bucks, we'll put your call sign on the front.
Speaker 1: So nice. You know, it's show that one that you uh you made for me because it's uh, let me get back to this. Oh gosh, if I could get my screen here, here we go, all right, hold it up for a second. I got to pin you to the to the thing here. Okay, so we're gonna yeah, there it is right there. So he's gonna send me this. He printed this for me. I didn't ask him to print my call sign on it. I asked him to print one for me, but not my call sign on it. And then once I get that, I'm gonna bring t O in the stream. That's gonna be one of our future live streams. We're gonna talk about interface board going in that thing right there. So this thing is get get a bunch of them put on the store, Freddy, because when we go when T and I go T and O T, but when T O and I go live with those things, we will point to the hey, where do you get that case? Point to the shop. So yeah, I'm gonna have to be ready about.
Speaker 7: My printer now.
Speaker 3: I got a bamboo P two S with the a M S Pro two deist and yeah, I'm printing up some new ones now. So things are starting to roll. And this is, you know, this is kind of the reason why I got into it, other than all Star link. I love to build things. I'm going to be putting some interface cables on there for the toads d I, some interface cables for other you know, hotspot radios technically George, the other fobs that are on the market to certain radios because a lot of people are like, hey, where'd you get that? I don't I'm not good at building things and stuff like that, and.
Speaker 6: I'm totally I'm well, that's people to come in right now.
Speaker 7: So that's not on your store currently, right because everyone's as.
Speaker 1: Boxes are the boxes boxes are? I just showed it.
Speaker 7: I just showed Oh I can't find it on your store front.
Speaker 1: I share a link in the chat. I'll put it in there.
Speaker 6: Right now, Life Dot Shop.
Speaker 1: Right this is in this website right here that I'm showing on the screen right now.
Speaker 6: The black ones should be sold out by now, but there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says it says a black one shoulders and I'm.
Speaker 3: Printing more as they come out because and they're all going to be magnetic instead of the screw type. So the screw type's good, but like I said, if you've got to do a lot of adjustin, it could be problematic as time goes by. So we're going to go with the magnets from now on, I think. So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the magnet is a great idea. I mean, that's a much better idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And it was a little troublesome at first, but we found a method to put them together ten times faster, faster than I originally tracked. Oh good, Yeah, how I can be I miss a lot of turns when I'm driving sometimes I can see what's in front of me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 1: So Ambassador Earl says, how do I enter the wins? So for each of these guys, once they hit ten k, we're not giving way anything tonight. Once they hit ten k, you will have to well. In fact, that's that's another question I was going to Freddy, do you have an email list?
Speaker 3: I don't yet, but uh, the one that you're using the service that I can't remember the name of I recently signed up for just okay kind of feel it out, but I haven't started an email list yet, but.
Speaker 6: That's on the horizon.
Speaker 1: Yeah that Yeah, you need to have an email list. Josh has an email list, Josh, if you want to, put a link to your email list in the chat. So they are going to go live on their own channels and do a giveaway after they hit ten k, and however they do that, they choose to Are you going to do the the have to be there to win and random word freddy, Yeah, I gotta.
Speaker 3: I'll be using restream not not restream, stream Yard stream Yard streamyard good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, you guys subscribe to both of these channels and then watch them and when they hit ten k, they'll they'll announce it and oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I try to every mood social media I can got access to you.
Speaker 1: So, so do we have Josh, you have a link to your.
Speaker 4: I don't have a link. I'm putting just the web address to my website handshak tv dot com in there. If you go about halfway down the page, you'll see a failed to enter your email a dress.
Speaker 6: That's as simple as it's.
Speaker 1: Just a form on the website. Okay, all right, all right, I find it's it's easy to uh if you can, if you like, like if I go here, well let me do this right here. So if I go like this Hemory radio two, oh gosh, if I can tie email dash sign up. Now you can't see this because I'm not showing the uh you are old there. I'd bring it down like that forms dot a warber dot COM's forward slash form forward slash zero two, forward slash, a bunch of numbers dot htm. So if you can find a form on your email host provider and then create like a subdomain, it's just easier just to rattle it off, just to say, when you go live, when you're on an email, when you're on Twitter, TikTok wherever, just say, oh go here and sign up for my email list and just rattle off something easy people can remember.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's the thing right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's it's it's a lot. I mean, you can tell him, hey, go to my website, scroll halfway down and click out the okay, and maybe they'll do that, but you know something, make it easy, making its easy as plas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, gray Man potas in the chat, I have an email list. Well, good for you till sure, Tim, I was I was bragging on you earlier, buddy, because I was telling before before we went live, I was telling everyone about these right here. So I've been having some trouble with some humidity. I mean it's just been humid in Texas with all the rain we've had, and I've been having some spaghetti stuff happened on my three D prints and stuff. Most not really spaghetti as much as just the prince not sticking to the plate. And I've cleaned the plate a couple of times. It's not that. So Tim sent me this big long DM on Discord and he's like, it's probably humidity. Get these these things fit. You print these obviously, and they fit into your MS for your bamboo printer, and then you put those silica packs inside of them. And one of them even has like a like I don't know where you get that hygrometer, but you can easily get a high frank And I know a place to get hygrometers because if you if you smoke cigars, you know what am But Tim sent me a link to this is the AMS dry kit full hygrometer reading area, and you print these. You put the silica packs in it and these fit in the front of your AMS to pull the moisture out of your MS while your spools of filament are in there and exposed and whatnot.
Speaker 2: So that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'll put a link to the maker World chat. So that came from graymn Poto. Thanks for that. Tim Carlos is in the chat saying a lot of kinds of e That is the de mid A fire bit I printed form my p one s Okay, good to know, Good to know.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I'm learning all kinds of stuff about this three D printer. For those of you that don't know, I just I got my very first three D printer the other day and it got an a MS and and I've taken baby steps at first to print out small things and yeah, and when I moved it to put the a MS on.
Speaker 7: M H.
Speaker 3: I don't know how what you guys call this, but you know, every time it changes film in or gets ready to print, it spits some up it out and pops it out the back.
Speaker 1: It's it's called a poop shoot. That's exactly what it's called. Yeah, I kept seeing name. Yeah, yeah, that's what they that's that's what the three D printing guys call it.
Speaker 6: Yeah wow, I thought they was yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't know if I'm just saying that wrong or not.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's what they call it. So yeah, that's when you clean it cleans the nozzle out and it just kind of expels film. It kind of like purges it like bleeding breaks on a car.
Speaker 3: Pretty yeah. I kept thinking, you know what, I'm gonna have to empty that little thing and im being into because I didn't know where it was going for sure. And so when I turned the whole machine to put the A M S on this huge file.
Speaker 1: D yeah yeah, I've got mine set out from the wall about about ya far and I didn't put anything back there, and it's just piling up back there on the desk. I'll clean it up eventually, I don't care. It's not hurting anything.
Speaker 3: So maybe a container was holding it, but no, apparently I know one of them.
Speaker 1: I mean, you you can print a container that it could fall into, then you just dump it. I there was there was a girl at the last ham sigh I went to and she she's big into three D printing, and we just kind of happened to strip stripe conversation, and she said that she would take that. There's a name for it. It's not PLA or pet G, but there's a name for it. It's like it's like luminescent.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're yeah.
Speaker 1: And she would make lamps from this luminescent luminescent filament and put a light in the bottom of it and then filled the light with the poop from the poop shoot and it's all kinds of different colors and whatnot. I'm like, that's a freaking see. Showed me the greatest pictures of it. I was like, that's a great idea. It's a really kind of like you know, Austin Powers looking almost with all the psychedelic colors. But it was, yeah, you could you could do kind of you know, cool stuff with that.
Speaker 3: And I'm coming up with all kinds of ideas that little things, yeah make. But I haven't learned the maker side of the software yet, so I'm getting there, but you know, and then the possibilities are endless with this thing. I'm just excited.
Speaker 1: No, I don't blame you.
Speaker 7: I this is one thing I'm just gonna let y'all have fun with, and I'm just gonna have amazing friends with three D printers for me.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I did that. I did that like that for a while, and I was like, you know, I kind of want to try it myself, and I just never wanted to fool with like the the creality and uh and the ender and those ones where you just you had to adjust the bed and you had to do this and had to make all these really minor adjustments to it. The bamboo, man, it is it is almost plug and play. I mean, it's just it's makes it really easy.
Speaker 6: It's lower maintenance from what I can tell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and m works good.
Speaker 6: Until I understand it all.
Speaker 3: You know. I don't get me wrong, I'd like to know everything there is to know about it. But you know, at first, I wanted to do a lot of the work for me.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. Yeah, Well, you know, I mean I don't. I don't want to, you know, I don't want to spend time.
Speaker 7: Carlos, Carlos, I want a big and little spoon, go for it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Probably would he probably send you one to.
Speaker 7: I know, I want to see what he does. I know he's going to put a twist on it, and I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just I don't know, don't I just dependent on other people to print for me. And I don't get me wrong, It's okay, but I just hate inconvenience that folks.
Speaker 7: I want to learn, right, that's that's okay, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Don't relate bamboo to apple. That's an insult to bamboo.
Speaker 4: I was actually looking at that, and I'm like, yeah, I think he's I think he meant to say dj I as well.
Speaker 1: I think he said he means dj I, yeah, which he's correct about that.
Speaker 4: Of course he's correct about both of them.
Speaker 3: Yea, what's all this talk I hear about dj I getting banned in America for certain things?
Speaker 1: I heard that too, I don't know. Yeah, a lot of those drones in the king Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of that's driven by by the drone stuff, but it's also because they're manufactured in China and a lot of right. But apparently, from what I understand, there's been some talk about some of the Chinese government's got some sort of information from the Dji drones something like that.
Speaker 7: I am less worried about the drones more worried about the routers they put out.
Speaker 6: So oh yeah, right there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, see, Freddy's right on the ball. And you know what the best router solution is. They have a Chinese made router and a Russian router, and then you're perfect.
Speaker 6: Let them fight it out.
Speaker 7: Well, they won't fight it out. The the Chinese router that leaks through get blocked by the Russian and the Russian router can't get through the Chinese router.
Speaker 6: It's the perfect firewall.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. Yeah, yeah, it's yeah, I did. I did a video a while back about some FCC bannings some like Huawei and different kinds of webcams because they were supposedly sending webcam like video information back to China.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I've heard some really really concerning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the microphone and the cameras, like the Pocket three. I got a new Pocket three a few months ago. Yeah, the action those cameras and they don't connect to the Internet, so they're not sending data as well.
Speaker 3: Deal.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, those those are great cameras. I really like the Dji stuff.
Speaker 7: Carlos, I got stories for you that running the Chinese router with the w t r T W or open w r T, they still send out stuff because it's super low level mhm, so you can't get it right.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're if you're if you're on the Internet. That's why this big off grid pushes come, which I don't, which I'm in favor of. I'm totally in favor of that. And you know, I was changing emails with Gastone the other day and he was talking about some stuff. I'm like, you know, that's I mean, that's that's a good point. But uh and doing stuff off grid and being disconnected and turn uh turn off four G, turn off Wi Fi, put your phone into airplane mode. Meshtastic the world, yeah, mestastic and radio yeah yeah, out in the field.
Speaker 7: And I've really been impressed with Metastic other than when you get in Better No Destiny.
Speaker 3: We poured a lot into our mestastic infrastructure in my particular county and we're able now finally we have a little more to add, but we're able now to participate in a Meshtastic net.
Speaker 6: Weekly that's up in Tulsa.
Speaker 1: Really cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'm like, dang, we're forty.
Speaker 3: Five miles away and we're chaining it enough to get back and forth into that deal. So it's looking up. And we we've met with some some local and some local non Hams who like Meshtastic so that we don't overlay and double up on areas in beverage. And we're totally killing it right now, and we're on our way to make it even better locally. Even our emergency management office is getting involved.
Speaker 7: You know what project I want to see come back, and it's like Mestastic want We're totally doing because Arted is mestastic on steroids. Man Arten passes data, it has Internet connections, It has a bunch of cool things you can do with webcams and other things to help monitor areas. I think as as a group, as a HAM radio group, we lost interest. But I'm hoping Mestastic spurs a bit because I really want Arden to come back, because that's.
Speaker 3: The Oklahoma's DMR repeaters are connected through our Arden network.
Speaker 7: Hurst Hurst has an Arden link and they're adding we all start link nodes to our Arden network.
Speaker 3: We're totally doing that right now. We're just now getting that into that but we're, you know, we're trying to figure out the firewall side of it. They're they're starting to make it work. I have the area the nine to one eight area code PBX for Arden in my shop right now for our Arden Mesh phone network.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: We've covered three different area codes here and we're linking out of state. One of the first trunks that I I did was the Tate and Ohio.
Speaker 6: I'm like, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yeah, for sure, Oklahoma's really trying to come up with that, and we encourage everybody else to least look into it, because Frank's right, Arden's where it's at.
Speaker 7: Mess taxes is nice, but it's low data only text message. But you know what what is text message? It's data wrapped up in some other type of data. So you can pass data on it. But it's super slow and you could do some other cool things. But this is for the layman to getting out in the field and just sending messages. I want to set up something like my house is down, I lost I lost all power, I lost internet, but my art and note up there. I could still access the weather and see what information is. So how is this going to help in that scenario. It's not this is going to help me say, hey, I'm still here locally, but but I'm not gonna be doing much other than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and we've we've done some stuff with meshtastic over m QTT and it it bogs it down real fast.
Speaker 7: It doesn't we m QTT re acquires a network. So if I lose Internet at the house, yeah I got to hit another note that might have m QTT. Or if I just had an art in network, my m QTT will run through the art and which will then get everywhere else.
Speaker 1: Well that's the same of them. Yeah, both of those networks get Internet the same way. Either you supply it or you connect to someone who else who supplied it. The great thing with mestastic is that it's it's inexpensive, yes, and it'll work. There's there's numerous devices for it. It's not just repurposed commercial gear like like Arden never made any of their own gear. But like but and mestastic is just is just a protocol on top of Laura, which Laura is much more Laura's. There's a lot more stuff to Laura than just meshtastic, So it's kind of metastic.
Speaker 3: I'm always evolving, yes, yeah, always evolving in there. I've already heard rumor about file sharing and maybe yeah, yeah, it's transfer.
Speaker 1: I think that I think it'll be.
Speaker 7: But you still limited, but I think it'll be low.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be just a matter of time. Well it's s s TV though, I think it will just be a matter of time before sending. We're sending memes over meshtastic, you know. I mean, I think that's probably gonna happen at some point. And uh yeah. The only drawback about meshtastic it is is it is only text. That's true. But it's awfully fun to go to, you know, to travel to areas just kind of see you know, who's out there and who you can tact whatnot.
Speaker 4: I mean like at Dayton or Hunts or yeah, or I'm assuming Orlando. Meshtastic is a lot of fun, except for day about driving insane during the youtubeer form and I'm not asking, but yeah, here at home, I mean, I've got a Trekker Delta up there. I've got a sower node back there on the pole. I've got a node sitting in my office at the university. No one's out there. It's it's it's crickets around here, and that that's one of the key things about these mash networks is you've got to have more stations involved.
Speaker 7: Well, the nine hundred and the low low microwatts that it's transmitting means that you're going to need a lot of them. Yeah, absolutely, Arden, we can bump it up to like three watts maybe on those.
Speaker 1: Commer Yeah, but a lot of lot of Arden stuff is either is on two point four giga hurts, which is even a more narrow bandwidth now you can do or even more narrow.
Speaker 7: One, did they take away nine hundred or.
Speaker 1: They take away three gigaherts three gigaherts? That was take away three gigaherts that hurts. Most of most of your Arden stuff is on two point four and some a lot of it's on five point eight gigaherts. And there are there are Arden uh, there's Arden firmware that will work on like a nine hundred megahertz ubiquity note or teepee link note or something like that. There's not very very many nine hundred megahertz ones out there. Nine intermega hurts is like the perfect band to do all this crap.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry, but I mean, it's just it's awesome. I mean, it cuts through buildings, it's got a long range if you've got a clear line of sight. You know, it's just a really really good band to have that on. But you know, it's it's you know, like you were saying, it's it's kind of one of those things where it's.
Speaker 7: How far are you away from the cigar bar?
Speaker 3: Jason?
Speaker 7: Like a mile? About a mile, about a mile. So when I'm at the bar, I usually sit down and send a message out take radio at the bar, and hardly ever anyone receives that message.
Speaker 1: Does it get does it get acknowledged?
Speaker 7: No, That's how I know. No one receives it.
Speaker 1: Tame here, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: This is just and then there's no check. It just goes back.
Speaker 1: What you need to do. And this is what this is something I've been I've been kind of tinking around. I've been knocked around my head. What you need to do is go somewhere and set up a load no no. Set up a no no when you park your when you park your car in the parking lot for instance. Okay, get a PoTA twenty or a PoTA thirty three mast and put a node on top of it and push it all the way up in the parking lot, and then your little pocket node that you take with you into the store will bounce off of that node, and that node is higher up in the air and it's going to see more.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I've I've been kind of knocking around an idea about that in my head is like, okay, well, if I'm going to go park my truck somewhere, say at more Expo, I'm going to put a mesh node on a push up pole that stays in the truck, and this is twenty thirty feet in the air. And then all of a sudden, Oh, then you put your pocket node in client mute and you put your your high up node and client mode and then you're starting to see stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so be reaching out and touch it.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So you turn off the truck and you have a motor that pushes up the poll automatically.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, you can do that. Does only in it only in a truck though, Frank, that wouldn't work.
Speaker 3: In so far?
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 7: Spec five have like a you know, a little micro node that has a little solar cell.
Speaker 1: It's about the micro noode. No, the solar cell is about.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, isn't there like a small micro on that? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes there is?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's meant to be in the back window, not on top of the car I had.
Speaker 1: I had one of those running in the truck for a what it'scott It uses a rack wireless board and my board died on me. But I was running that in the UH. I put it in the front window of the truck and it would run for weeks.
Speaker 7: See. I thought about trying to take one of those is setting at the top of the display and to see if the if the the ambient light in the shop will charge it. I just leave it there. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that would work or not. But you know, still good, good thing.
Speaker 3: But the guys up in Tulsa, who canna they do like Jason Haham for you see K Diddy, they're hooking a note up to a drone and throwing it up in the air.
Speaker 6: However, yeah, yeah, it's really.
Speaker 1: Increasing Oh no, nice nice, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 7: One of the drone latest drone launches had a repeater note that went up with it.
Speaker 4: Well, Spec five, they've got an actual device that's built for drones.
Speaker 1: Now, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, they have a drone device. You strap it to a drone and like a like a Mavic or a Mini or one of those and just throw it up in the air. And yeah.
Speaker 7: So Roberts says, they got my message the other day.
Speaker 1: Mestastic Dave is like, okay, okay, I was on the phone, did someone says, oh, but yeah, so that's awesome. That's always good. All right, I need to shut this down because I was going to go for an hour tonight and I gotta I gotta go meet my dad here in a little bit, so.
Speaker 3: Way more important.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's all right, but yeah, guys, please do and there's more people watching now there was the beginning. So the purpose of tonight, we're just we're just rag chewing. It's called it live a rag chew live stream. These are some of the most popular. When I will when I go, I rip the audio out of every video I put on YouTube and upload it to a podcasting service, and these rag chew live streams, like the Happy Hour or the YouTuber's Bunch. When I do those, those get the most downloads and watch and listen time of the audio podcasts that anything. So thank you for those of you if you're listening via audio podcast right now, thank you for downloading and listening to that as well. So, yeah, we're trying to get these two channels to ten thousand subs. Looks like Josh is around ninety eight sixty three and Freddie Max around ninety five sixty nine. So it looks like would you go up like maybe seventy five Freddy? And maybe I was.
Speaker 3: Five hundred even when we started, So I'm up seventy.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're up seventy then yep, where were you at, Josh?
Speaker 4: I think I'm up a hundred?
Speaker 1: Up be hundred? Yeah, I was thinking you were below ninety eight hundred, yeah, but I couldn't remember how many blow though, So Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're we're we're we're getting there. So surely one thirty nine away as of now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good.
Speaker 3: And it's because of all the viewers out there and we and all the other YouTubers. I'm telling you what, when I got into this being a YouTube creator, I was really worried about the reception because I wanted to go to the shows and you know, get some exposure, and you guys have been nothing but open arms. And here's how you, here's how you can make things better and criticism, which was good. I need that.
Speaker 1: It was all sure, yeah, all good.
Speaker 3: And I and it was just like and then I met Mike Kate MRD and I'm like, oh my gosh, Mike's and he's very very present in this in the situation, and Mike's the greatest guy.
Speaker 1: I got to give him a hard time, you know when he's in the room.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I got to give him a hard time. Last couple of times he's been on my live stream, he gives me a hard time because of my Southern accent.
Speaker 1: Mike, Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: My favorite phrase is Oklahoma the home of Freddie Mack And like another thing, right, no kidding, but all y'all have been great to me.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. I wouldn't be able to do Orlando hinesful Dayton without this community. And it's it's it's phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It's a great community. It is it really is so good. We'll think, uh Mike, Katie nine DSK thank you for the super chat, new to all of this, best mobile duel band for my truck. So here's how we're going to close it out there, you go, I'm gonna do I'm going to ask these guys all three of these, and I'll give my opinion best duel band radio. What's your favorite one? There is not a wrong answer to this, Okay, So everybody's preferences are different, and it's.
Speaker 7: Fall we will judge.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we might judge you so some sometimes sometimes yeah, So uh uh, Frank, I'm gonna start with you, Okay.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm gonna be a little biased because I bought a new toy and I'm still waiting it to be shipped. I bought the new Yazoo mobile dual band radio that has the ASP on it, and I'm pad at model numbers. See, as soon as you said that, I was going to try to pull it up. The three ten d R.
Speaker 1: The three ten Yeah, okay, so that's yeah, that's one of their newer ones. Yeah Joyce, yep. Good and that one has fusion also.
Speaker 3: Yes it does yep.
Speaker 7: So I got that coming and I can't wait to get that going. That is my answer, because well I haven't tested it yet, so but that's where I'm going.
Speaker 1: I have the FtM three hundred. It's been a great radio. I'm sure the three ten's just as good, if not better. So, yeah, that's I think that's a good choice.
Speaker 7: And I'm putting my channel in the chat take radio. If you want to give me a few subscribers, they're not. I'm gonna appreciate each and everyone.
Speaker 1: Freddy, what do you what do you think for mobile?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what when I got. When I started as a YouTuber, I had an FtM three hundred and nine. I totally loved it. But when the FtM five hundred came out, since I had that front firing speaker, it was my go to radio. If I didn't already have it, I would have got the ft five ten, the new model that's out with the Yeah, the the better radio audio circuit in it. Don't give me totally great radio, But I love you Jay Sus because they come with a three year warranty. Yes, and my FtM five hundred will go out a warrant to come this coming June. And those of you that watched my channel, I have seen a short I put out a few months ago. Mine failed. I turned it on one day and it said no DSP found on the screen and it would do nothing else. Wow, it just blinking on the screen and it said no DSP found and I did a firm wore upgrade I did. I did a number of things, no difference, and I send it in. Of course, you fill out the paperwork, you send it in to get it fixed. And I sent my proof of purchase with it. And I get emailed back about a week and a half later and said, Okay, your radio's ready. It'll be sixty seven dollars plus shipping.
Speaker 6: And like, whohoa, whoa an Icon customer tomorrow?
Speaker 3: So I emailed her my proof of purchase again, like, oh sorry about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no charge, and they shipped it back.
Speaker 1: Ah, oh good, I got it back.
Speaker 3: Trust it really was. It totally was an oversight. Ye has an excellent warranty program and the excellent radios as far as the old band modes go. I did sell my FTX one field model radio. Don't get me wrong. I liked it. I did, but I needed a three D printer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: But that's or the new what is it? The five to ten?
Speaker 1: Five to ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, five ten, that's just as what, just as good?
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, Josh, what do you think.
Speaker 2: I'll give?
Speaker 4: I'll give both sides of the equation on if you're looking at YACU, I enjoyed my FtM two hundred. That's a little outdated technology now, uh So, I would probably if I was going to go back to the AAC were out, I'd probably say the five hundred. I'm an icon man now, though at least as of right now, uh so, I will say the ID fifty one hundred, possibly the fifty two hundred. Let's see how that thing does. I'm really excited about that fifty two hundred right right.
Speaker 1: I have an FtM five hundred and an ID fifty one hundred in the truck right now, and neither both of those are great. I think the three ten's good. I think the five ten's good. From Yazoo. Rob Digital Rancher had mentioned the twenty seven to thirty for the money. For the money, you cannot beat the icom IC twenty seven thirty. It's dual band full dual receive, no digital modes, so if you want system fusion or d start, it does not have any of that. It does not have APRS because ICM for whatever reason, doesn't like aprs. So if you want APRS, get a ya zup and the three to ten or the five to ten is gonna be your best choice for that not. That's why I have I run a Yazu radio in my truck. Now. I like the ya Zu radio just fine. I'm not I'm indifferent as to YESU ICM Kinwood, but I have a Yazu radio because it has true full capability APRS. The menus are a little wonky, but at least it's you know, there is no menu in an icon, so they got them icon menus beat because they laugh in the icon. But the twenty seven thirty for the money, if you don't want a digital mode and you don't care about APRS, that's a fantastic radio.
Speaker 4: You know what the new King Daddy might end up being, though the kin would the kN Wood. Yeah, that thing is going to do everything.
Speaker 1: It is going to do everything. It's going to be try band. It's going to be expensive, but yes.
Speaker 3: That's the thing there. But the try band is like, man.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, I could do with yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, APRS, the star it's all there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, roand APR s YEP and A and the kin with APRS menus are much better than the YESU menus totally. Yeah, Yeah, Carlos is like he's APRS on JESU sucks and yes, but again, if you try to go into an APRS menu and an icon, you're going to be searching for a while. Yep, So you know at least at least it actually has an APRS menu, unlike the icon. So that's my thing. So you're not gonna go wrong with any of those radios listed tonight. Fine. I tell people this when I make my best of videos, I tell everybody this, and I stand by this. Okay, buy the most expensive radio that you can afford today, and if that's one hundred and fifty dollars radio, then fine, no problem. Buy the most expensive radio that you can afford today, because the higher priced radios have more features a lot of times for better quality on receive. So and rather than spending money today and then upgrading later, if you can afford a four or five hundred dollars radio today, then buy it today. And and you're gonna do well with with any of those icons or kin Woods for sure, and wait for the can I'm sorry, icms are jazus for sure, and the Ken would when the new Knwood comes out, it's gonna be great, as well.
Speaker 4: Are we expecting that new Kenwood to be out by Hamcasion?
Speaker 1: I certainly hope, so I was hoping for it by Christmas, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: My money's all yate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was Underglass at Dayton. Yeah. It's either going to be February or May.
Speaker 6: Probably when is the big reveal in Japan.
Speaker 1: It's like the week after Dayton Late late play June or something like that. Or no, no, I'm sorry, the week after Huntsville.
Speaker 6: Yeah, week after Huntsville.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, guys, well, thank you very much for joining us tonight. We're gonna shut this down. The links to both of these channels are already in the description of the video. They're on the email that I sent out earlier. So please subscribe to these guys and uh and follow them and keep up with what they're going to do for their giveaways that they're doing on their channel once they hit ten thousand subscribers right around the Josh Freddie Mack, thanks for being here tonight. This is always fun. It's always fun to just get together and talk about him radio.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having.
Speaker 1: Uses a good deal and.
Speaker 4: By the way, I got to say this before we go go off the air.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Frank is giving me bad sama two vibes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's a green had.
Speaker 1: We love you very true. All right, guys seventy three, Well, uh, we'll talk at you this week sometime or soon. So everyone have a good evening. Thanks for coming y'all later. H yeah