Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, come on now, wakey, wakey, keep your hands on your snakies, your cake's everything.
Speaker 1: Extreme cold warning. Air temperature thirty three, windshill twenty two, feeling like twenty two degrees outside. Thank god, We're gonna have mostly sudden out there today. Could get up to the forties. We'll see. Alex will be talking about that in Houston's headlines for sure today. Okay, busy day is always throwback Thursday. Welcome aboard Sixtagram Thursday. Oh yes, it's the day we play read my lips. Alex is gonna take on listener Hannah at A twenty this morning. It's a big morning for Jeff. He's going for win number four, fresh out of bed, head to head challenge, that ultimate supercar driving experience where you and your guests get to drive some supercars are around a track with no speed limit. I've got that for you in homeroom, probably the biggest prize this week. We're giving you that opportunity. On the fun fact flashback information is going up about the Rod Ryan showed charity golf tournament. It's so much ground to cover today on the show, it's gonna be insanely busy. Let's get after it right now. Now. It's a good morning morning, rat super cold outside. Yeah yeah, what are Houston's headlines? Well, let's start with the cold. Yeah, please rite it up now.
Speaker 3: The hard freed hard freeze warning is expected in Houston this morning. It'll be the coldest feeling day of the winter. People, plants, and pipes are gonna need to be protected from the cold air, but the roadways are expected to remain fine. There's a chance that freezing rain could develop tomorrow in parts of Texas. Expect the temperatures to stay below normal through at least Sunday before we start to warm up and get back into the seventies next week, although we might have some rain through the weekend. HPD Captain Darren Blake Edwards was arrested in Galveson County last night in charge with possession of child pornography. Shortly after his arrest, the Houston Police Department announced that Edwards had been relieved of his duties pending the outcome of an internal investigation. League City Police Department set his bond for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. The fifty nine year old Edwards is a thirty two year veteran of the Police Department who serves as the captain of the Auto Theft Division. He was one of several officers that were demoted over the Astro World tragedy back in twenty twenty one. Passengers that were on board the Delta flight that crashed here. The crash landed in Toronto Pearson International Airport have been offered thirty thousand dollars each as a goodwill gesture by the airline. The airline also says that the payment comes with no strings attached, which presumably means the passengers could still pursue legal action.
Speaker 1: So even thirty thousand dollars just for.
Speaker 3: Like a hey, we're sorry that we flipped the plane over and almost killed you. I were hanging upside down, but you can still yeah, you can still pursue any kind of legal action that they wanted. And Entertainment News Kansas City chiefs tight end Travis Kelsey reportedly spent one hundred thousand dollars Valentine's Day too much gips for Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 3: Listening to Theresa, she was like, two hundred dollars is like the minimum if you're in a relationship, so she would have been happy with the one hundred thousand dollars. He did top it off with a homemade card because he wanted to include something that he called personal. He got her gold necklaces, diamond earings, shoes, clothing, and candy, as well as one hundred dollars one thousand dollars worth of roses.
Speaker 1: They're supposedly going to last up to a year. Who releases this information? They pr people? Did they you think? Probably?
Speaker 3: Okay, That means it went well, because, like you know, Taylor's people are not going to say anything good about it. They're like, no, that was actually crap. We didn't like it. All the roses are dead already too much. Sharon Osbourne is controlling Ozzy and we've known that for years. Yeah, she did rob us of getting to see him as a pirate. Ozzie was reportedly offered in an audition for the movie Pirates of the Caribbean, but Sharon told him no. She said on Billy Horgan's podcast that the biggest mistake she's ever made.
Speaker 1: With him was telling him no to that audition, and she thinks that Hey would have been perfect for it. Oh, it was a bad share. Did Keith Richards plays dad?
Speaker 3: Fellow rocker Keith Richards did play Johnny Depp's character's dad in some of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he was in two or three of them, but I do.
Speaker 3: Know that Jack Sparrow was based off of Keith Richards when Johnny Depp was trying to like come up with an idea for the character, so then he was like, maya Keith. I don't know if that would have been the role that Ozzie would have played. Ozzie could have played anything. Keith the octopus guy. Keith was the right role.
Speaker 1: He the oz to Puss. Huh, you're stretching. I'm just trying to here. Was Captain bar Post? I believe no, that was a different guy, different guy. All right, are you done? Yeah? Uston's headlines. Now let's talk about sports, buddy. Let's go D Day. It's D Day. Team USA plays.
Speaker 3: Canada in the final of the Four and Nations Tournament. I looked at the odds. Both teams are at the exact same odds to win the game. Tonight, We're gonna see fisticuffs. We're gonna see America take Canada again. We'renna take them to the woodshed, show them the best country in the world, show them what we do. What time is gonna start at seven o'clock and you can watch it on ESPN. And basketball Rockets are gonna have one more day off before returning from the All Star break. They're gonna it's the Timberwolves at the Toyota Center tomorrow night. They went thirty four to twenty one in the first half of the regular season. And that if what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: I'm my USA hockey sweater on today. I have my USA sweater. I don't have a hockey sweater. This sweat is a hockey sweater. Sweat. It's not called a jersey, not a jersey. Well, a canadian's calling the sweater Americans, we call it jersey. That's your hockey jersey. One hockey jersey. I love it all right, USA tonight, seven o'clock, First phone call, Open up these phone lines Chili seven, one, three, two, two, five nine five. What do you want to get into for that first phone call? Throw back Thursday. We're gonna have you voting on links and guests. Great stuff coming your way in homeroom. Cannot wait to meet Hannah taking on Alex and read my lips Today. It's gonna be a fun show. Guys, strap yourselves in the most interactive show on the radio. Oh yeah, it's this one ninety four or five Buzz Buzz, Best Artists, Pod and Alive. Man, what a great way to get things started today. Wake you, wakey. Let's go man. We got a very very busy Throwback Thursday. I got papers everywhere today. I don't know why I have so much stuff, golf tournament information, Chili's getting that up on links and guests. Throwback Thursday. Here we go, white stripes, my doorbell. There you go, Alex, Chevelle, Hats off to the bull, your twin. You guys are definitely going to be fighting today my chemical romance. I'm not okay. I promise that I gotta go with the Chile here with Buzzfest artist Chevelle. Hats Off to the Bull is one of my two Chevelle songs. It's a toss up for me, Chili, Hats off to the ball and take out the Gunman. Those are my by far and Away. Those are my two Chevelle songs. I like the door I like my doorbell by the white stripes too, But I gotta go, what's that?
Speaker 3: It might not be white striped day today? Do you think Mike kem depends on the voters today? But I would say that my camera Chevello definitely the two.
Speaker 1: My chemical romance. It is like a Renaissance band right now, you know, Okay, Josh, are we busy today? Crazy busy today? Jeff, My name is Jeff, going for win number four, fresh ont of bad Head to head Ultimate Supercar Driving Experience. Let me take the time to tell you what this is, because it's the biggest prize we have. It's the thing that I'm getting blown up the most about. On the fun Fact flashback, giving away a pair of the Ultimate Supercar Driving Experience. You want a guest, we'll get to test drive supercar on a real racetrack with no speed limits. As Extreme Experience is bringing their fleet of world class supercars to MSR Houston February twenty seven through March second. They got Ferrari's Porsche's Lambeaus, Corvette's Nissan GTR premium and more Extreme experience dot Com to see the full lineup of cars. Reserve your time, get in there if you want to buy this, if you want to win it, you're gonna have to know the fun Fact Flashback today that's coming your way in homeroom. I get about six to ten emails about this every single day. Bro, What's up with the driving of the cars? Where do I go for this? Visit extremeexperience dot com to get all the information win it from us on the fun Fact Flashback today, Hannah Goodle nailed it energy Hanage. She's playing you today and read my list. Yes, that's gonna be at eight twenty. That's always. That's been really really fun. When you know when when Tessa came to me months ago, I knew before you know, we announced to you guys when when Tessa was leaving. I don't freak out about stuff anymore. I just say, you know what, I gotta trust the process. It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay. And I didn't want her to leave. But it was the Christmas party. We had all been drinking and I said the last show of the year, and I said, guys, what are we gonna do about reading my lips. We need more people for Revent planned for the week we come back. Yes, And then I said, what if we had listeners come in? And I just kind of threw it out there, and we had already had a few drinks, you know, in here, and nobody remembers, Well, Radio Wizard doesn't remember me bringing it up. You guys kind of remembered. And I just said, let's try it. If it's a disaster, then we'll come up with some other plan. And it has been awesome because not because I came up with it, just it's been really really fun. It was fun. Listeners have been very, very fun. They've all been very cool that have come down. That's how we have the coolest listeners. And you know what, it's everybody's on their best behavior when we have company.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like when we give us like a sub. In the Beatles never had a keyboard player officially in the band, okay, but they would bring in what's his nuts all the time, and they said they got along better because there was company in the room. Yeah, they're just bringing man all you got fighting. Yeah, So she's gonna be coming in today after eight o'clock and I really look forward to it. It's been awesome having you guys come in and play. Phones are ringing, it's not time for the first phone call of the day. Is this, Alfredo? Oh yeah, hey dude, what's up man? Good morning? You got the first phone call today? What do you want to get into?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Bla blah blah.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to give a shout out to my band. We just released our day do You single. It's called a cute promise?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: Why the Inhaler's I n h x l e r s.
Speaker 1: You dropped out there, Alfredo, You hailers the Inhalers, But it's a it's a funky spelling, so go ahead and spell it again for me. I n h x l e r S. Okay, I get it, like you like. It's kind of it's clever. But it's tough to find you that way, you know. Probably yeah, probably somebody already had the Inhalers. I mean, I'm sure Inhalers dot com is taken. That's okay, that's it's cool. Name. What kind of music.
Speaker 5: Our influences are case the Elephant Strokes and some.
Speaker 1: Muse Jesus Alex is gonna go see you live. Alex is gonna love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Isaiah, our genre is probably alternative in the rock.
Speaker 1: What are you doing band? Alfredo?
Speaker 5: I played rhythm guitar.
Speaker 1: We're five feet okay? And you said that you released your first single. Is there an album coming or you're not concerned with that, You're just gonna pump out some songs.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure.
Speaker 5: We're gonna be releasing an EP this year. We're gonna trickle singles, you know, here and there throughout the year.
Speaker 1: Have you guys done any live shows yet?
Speaker 7: Yes, actually we have.
Speaker 5: We had a show at White Fluke and we we actually have a show tomorrow at the end.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now where do we find you on social media? You gave us the spelling of this. What's the best thing to look you up? On Instagram?
Speaker 5: There you Yeah, we're find We're still finding our footing. But i'd say Instagram is our main social media that we use.
Speaker 1: Spell it again for me, please.
Speaker 5: The underscore?
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, no, you're the name of your band. I know spell it I n H I n H x l E r S. You just swap the A with the egg. Okay, yeah, okay, I'll look you up. I'll look you up. I'll find you on socials. I mean that's that's a unique spelling, So I'll find you. Make sure that you get all of the socials. And even if you guys, you know you're laughing like TikTok, we're a rock band. Get all those socials. Just lock them in that they're yours.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh yeah, definitely we're on We're on every social media.
Speaker 1: Okay, are they? Are they all the same handle? Is your Facebook, your Instagram, your TikTok, your YouTube? You gotta have. They all got to be the same. They all got to be Make sure that they're all the same so that when we look for you boom, we just see everything. That's awesome, dude, I can't wait to hear the song. Can you send me maybe a link to it or something. Email me right at the buzz dot com. I want to hear it absolutely, man. Okay, dude, way to go, I mean, way to go to get your band name out there. I'm fraid o good to have you on this morning.
Speaker 5: Thank you man, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, bro, appreciate you. Good luck to you. Let me take a break, let me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the freshout of d head to head challenge.
Speaker 7: Houston's alternative and tellme at The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan's show. On this throwback Thursday. You can vote for your songs on the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot com. I think you're gonna like the Looking at Girls blog page. Today is very very action packed. Some big, big birthdays you're not gonna want to miss on there. Extreme cold warning today, mostly sunny, Thank goodness, man, I can't wait for that sun to get out here. Um is that right right now?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Twenty eight? Twenty eight? Holy count? It's cold, super cold? So all the cold weather anything. Cold weather's kind of trending, all that sort of thing for sure, Houston weather. Just weather in this country right now, which is kind of wild. What else you got right now?
Speaker 3: I'm seeing iPhone sixteen E is trending.
Speaker 1: Apple unveiled to lower price to iPhone and people are talking about that. Rod wants you to buy it, so his stock goes up, even though Rod does not support his own stock.
Speaker 3: Nope, Congestion pricing is trending.
Speaker 1: You know what that is right there.
Speaker 3: So if you go to Manhattan, you have to pay a tax to get into the city to try and reduce the amount of congestion.
Speaker 1: There's just a line they've taken an avenue maybe sixtieth Street or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then just below that it's Hey, it's basically like a toll tend to get into the city.
Speaker 1: Trump is going to remove this Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Like Manhattan nits are not happy about it because they think that it got rid of a lot of the congestion. But what it also costs, Like say you're Cisco and you're going to bring a bunch of restaurant supplies in and you're getting you're having to pay this toll every time, You're just going to raise the prices on everybody in Manhattan. So that's kind of what the people are going back and forth with. And then those dividend checks, that's also trending. And Trump has floated out the idea of sending the refunds from Elon Musk's Department of Government Efficiency. He's saying he's saving us all this money with all these programs he's getting. He's like, we to make this Giabody five dozen daughters in your money.
Speaker 1: If Elon can save two trillion, there's a lot of money. He said that he would like write checks for everybody.
Speaker 3: Needs approval from Congress, so some roadblocks in the way. But that's an idea that is being floated out. That's what's training on night by the bus.
Speaker 1: Stuff's wild right now, y'all? Sure is it's wild?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 1: Ye there he is. Good morning everybody. This is Jeff.
Speaker 9: You're fresh out of bed.
Speaker 1: Head to head three day champion.
Speaker 9: All right, Rod needed three questions on that.
Speaker 1: One, but it's still considered an ass Open join me on Thursday.
Speaker 9: When I make it.
Speaker 1: Win number four, bitches. You're gonna let this guy, Jeff just win right out. He needs today and tomorrow to get into the Hall of Fame. You could stop him at seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five Ryan Show on ninety four or five Experience Fincher into the Cosmic Unknown Fuzz ninety four or five, The Buzz The late Great Kurt Cobain born on this day in nineteen sixty seven. That's all apologies, Good morning, hope. You're off to a great start to your day. I know it's wicked cold outside right now. Extreme cold warning is what's happening. We are getting some sunshine today, we're not going to get the precipitation. We got lolo chances of any of that stuff. So that's kind of saving us right now. Just cold outside, just absolutely twenty seven degrees outside right now. Let's play a game, and now.
Speaker 4: It's time for the I shot a bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, I jef.
Speaker 1: Yo, Jeff Moren Jeff, how do you feel the competition has been? Have you been if you're having an easy go at it? Don't lie. I wouldn't say easy, but it hasn't been the worst. Yeah, it's not easy. It's never easy. This game is never easy, because anybody, that's why you play the game. Her More, that's why you play the game.
Speaker 3: Herm Edwards Edwards, Yeah, I was thinking Herb Brooks because I'm thinking married I got yeh.
Speaker 1: So I think your competition, I think you've kind of had an easy go at it. I think that stops today. I'm sorry, Uh, joining us on the show The guy played one hundred times last year, Kenny the cash Man come on. What's he gonna bitch about now, Dude, your phone, I'm gonna start bitching about stuff immediately. Your phone sounds like crap, doesn't really? Oh, there you go. You sound better now, Thank you. I don't know what adjustment you made. Kenny. How many times in the Hall of Fame? Eight? Eight times in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 9: Jeff?
Speaker 1: Did you hear that? Oh yeah? He's like, oh yeah, I heard that. I heard that. All right, Kenny, welcome back. Did you play how many times did you play last year? For real?
Speaker 9: I played four times last year.
Speaker 1: This guy, he's brutal, He's relentless on the phones. We'll making your first appearance this year, right, yes, all right, Well, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I've got tickets to the Alabama Shiks September twenty sixth seven, one three Music Hall tickets are available now. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Kenny and Jeff, Hey, Alex, Once you listen carefully to this, you know what I mean. Here we go, Kenny, Jeff, what does XO XO mean? Jeff? Jeff hug kisses. It's a correct answer. It was close. It was close. Jeff just got in there. I back Alex is playing on that close. Here we go. Next question, Kenny, Jeff chocolate vanilla Kenny, Jeff.
Speaker 10: Kenny, how can you go ice cream?
Speaker 1: I would have said ice free as well. Here's the complete question for Jeff. Chocolate vanilla strawberry? Are the flavors of what ice cream? Neapolitan? Did you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: You lucky es sob.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 1: My name is Jeff, not my name, his name is Jeff. His name is Jeff Kenny will I'm just I'm giving you the time. What do you want to complain about? Go ahead, I don't get no little components. Get questions, all right, Bro?
Speaker 9: You got me on that first one, and then it's then it can be anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, you're right. All right, Kenny. Good to have you on for the first time this year. I know we're gonna hear from you again. I take comfort in that. Jeff. I always say your toughest game needs to be Day four. That's exactly what happened. That's how it played out. You played brilliantly today, dude. That's how you get into the Hall of Fame. You need one more tomorrow. Good, Okay, Jeff, great job today. Hang on, hey, we don't need your attitude. We have one of ours, The Rod Ryan Show on the Buzz. Okay, ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. That's Lincoln Parking lost. What game?
Speaker 4: We just had a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not really sure what happened here, No, Jeff, Yeah, we got to record that victory speech again. It was a good one. Let me just tell you, Jeff laid down an amazing victory speech. I don't know what happened. Somehow the phones kind of went over to the other direction and then it stopped the recording. So if you just hang in there, Jeff, we'll get your victory speech because I definitely want to have it ready for you tomorrow. But that's okay. Some games today. Awesome game today against eight time Hall of Famer Kenny the cash Man. And I'll say it again, your best game needs to be on game four. Show the world that. Okay. I'm not just waltzon in here. That was strong. That was strong. So if you just hang in there, I promise I'll get your victory speech. Okay, all right, thanks dude, good game today. All right, let's move on. It's the fuck That to the day. Can we make you look smart and bunny?
Speaker 8: Everybody?
Speaker 11: This the fuck That to the Day.
Speaker 1: Your captain Cash, your brother Ron, Dude, we got a hockey game tonight? Who got hockey game? USA? Canada? I just I just want to whip. I can't wait, I cannot wait. All right, Hey, I got some more fun facts for you today. Uh Usain Bolt said that he ate about one hundred McDonald's chicken mc nuggets every day at the two thousand and eight Beijing Olympics. Number one. He said they were a familiar food. He said he knew his stomach could handle it. He needed the calories. The man won three gold medals at those Olympics. Wow, he ate one hundred nugs every day? Off? Oh yeah, nothing was better than when they released what Michael Phelps was eating the ten thousand calorie breakfast.
Speaker 3: He slept too, He would sleep for like fourteen hours a day.
Speaker 1: But the stacks of pancakes and all of that stuff that he ate it swimming at gold medals, that was all he did for two weeks. Yeah, like he couldn't get enough calories because of what he was doing in the pool. What it's like to be the good Judge Judy. Would you know, Judge Judy. Judge Judy debuted closer to the moon landing than to today. This is one of those things to make you feel old. Judge Judy first premiered in nineteen ninety six. That's twenty seven years after the moon landing. We are right now twenty eight years from the moonlanding. It is fun. Who I don't know why people put it in those terms. The rod Ryan Show charity Golf Open Chili has information the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. One of the things we do for charities we sell Mulligan's Hell a mulligan is what a do over, A do over on your drive, a freebie, a take a mulligan. A guy named David Mulligan in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in the nineteen twenties, he hit a bad shot. He decided to try it over again, so his friends started calling that move a mulligan. That's neat. Now you know all that.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart, every buddy, it's the.
Speaker 1: Fuck that to the day. Here it is. I was thinking of you for this one hal the ultimate supercar driving experience. You want a guest. You're test driving supercars on a real racetrack, no speed limits. They've got Ferraris, Porsches, Lambeaus, Corvettes, the Nissan gt R Premium. So these world class supercars are at MSR Houston February twenty seventh through March second. Everyone else go to Extreme Experience dot com. But one lucky winner today is going to get to take a friend to go drive some cars your fun, huge, huge prize. Emails pouring in about it. What species is about six hundred and fifty calories per pound per pound of muscle? What species is about six hundred and fifty calories per pound of muscle? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. You were here for yesterday show.
Speaker 12: Do you know that I was just thinking about somebody just randomly picking up the radio?
Speaker 1: Okay, what you got over there? How'd you do on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 12: Not too bad? That Dow was up seventy one points. Kick off this morning at forty four thousan six hundred and twenty seven. Nasdaq was up fifteen to twenty thousand, five sixty eight Benchmartin You Treasurers trading at a four point five to one percent oil stands at seventy two dollars thirty three cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs Murk, United Health and Verizon, the big duds home Depots, Salesforce.
Speaker 1: And Nike.
Speaker 12: On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on leading economic indicators for January right now, Futures slightly on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it I matter here. This is how Land manage director with Ramon Johns Sport for the log line show from Raymond James on sand Felip and the Gusta and don't get toys a rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 13: Opinions expressed are those of al Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates than come ever, ni AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmisson We'll continue. This is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational purposes. On the stones of it are based on the movement as reported by Young in Finance.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody, ninety four or five. The buzz rod, Ryan shows what you're listening to.
Speaker 11: It's your fun.
Speaker 1: Sure is no way? Is this old, Greg? I'm old brag. It is old, Greg, bro. I feel like you used to play the fresh out of bed head to head all the time. I used to play those drops. Why I lost on day five and then I lost the next three games, And I'm just quick calling fuzzy little man preach. I'm old brag, dude. I miss you.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you're still I'm glad you're still out there. Well, let's see how you do on this. What a prize I got for you? All Right, I'm out, Greg.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: What's about six hundred? What species is about six hundred and fifty calories per pound of muscle? To eat? Is a human? Show me humans? Humans not very nutritious to eat. Animals like bores and beavers have eighteen hundred calories and a pound of muscle. We have six hundred and fifty. So don't eat humans if you don't have to. Okayye, sir, do you know what you're winning here? Do you understand this amazing price race cars track, no speed car MSR Houston? Of course you did, Old Greg. I'm going to give you a pair. I'm going to give you a pair of the ultimate driving supercar driving Experience. You and a guest can test drive the supercars. All right, everyone else go to Extreme Experience dot Com. Okay, oh Greg, I'm glad you're still with us.
Speaker 9: Thank y'all.
Speaker 1: All right, man, come out of retirement for the fresh out of battleready, Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iheartradioty.
Speaker 15: Four point five to the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four The Buzz cool ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. What is going on? I feel like I'm running around like an ape with his ass on fire. I feel like that too. I just stuff going on this morning. I cannot get caught up this morning. You're gonna say we're very busy. We are very very busy. This we are very busy. I mean the speech I got, I got the guy's speech. I got Jesus Christ. We just talked to old Greg. I got Jeff's speech, so I got that squared away questions. I have papers everywhere today. I just don't know why I cannot. I cannot get my life together where it happened. We're actually running on time, which is odd because I'm freaking we started like ten minutes earlier than on other day. I'm over here dying of thirst. I just ran and got a quick step of water. I'm like, whitched. I am okay, you're stressed out. You have a big game tonight, dude, It's a big, big hockey games. Guys. All right, we got this extreme cold warning. Guys, I'm gonna I'm gonna let the kid do his thing, but I mean extreme cold. If it's below what twenty four for a couple of hours, that's like a hard freeze. This is worse than the last time. Like, I'm worried about my pipes, the pipes, the plants, the people, the old people, gonna wrap everything. Your parents, the parrots, wrap your parents. Alex, go ahead, take it away. I need to take a breath, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Houston's off, buddy, o Good morning, Ray, Good morning, home room. There's a hard freeze expected eas Houston this morning. It'll be the coldest feeling day of the winter so far. People, plants, and pipes like rog just said they need to be protected from the cold air. But the roadways are expected to remain fine throughout the day. There is a chance the freezing rain could develop tomorrow in parts of Texas, and expect those rain that rain to continue through the weekend. Expect temperatures as well, to stay below normal through at least Sunday, before we start to warm up and get back into the seventies next week.
Speaker 1: President Donald Trump is thing you know about a new plan?
Speaker 3: Do you give Americans some of the money saved by Elon Musk's Department of Government Efficiency. The idea is called the DOZE Dividend and would return twenty percent of the government.
Speaker 1: Savings to the taxpayers.
Speaker 3: If DOZE reaches its goal of saving two trillion dollars, each taxpayer could receive around five thousand dollars. Experts say that the plan still does need approval from Congress, and some lawmakers might prefer to use that mighty to reduce our national debt or other programs, which I mean, five thousand dollars does sound good, but like the national debt should probably go down at some.
Speaker 1: Point, right, But I'd like a little taste.
Speaker 3: I would let Yeah, I'll be pretty chill with five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: One thousand dollars check. I'd take the five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's too good to be true.
Speaker 1: I think it's a long shot, right because they got to find two trillion dollars just the cut, so they're not close to that yet, but they're still going at it. I guess well.
Speaker 3: Happy National Love your Pet Day everyone, Today's the day we're supposed to give some extra love to our furry friends or reptiles.
Speaker 1: That's your choice.
Speaker 3: A hole found that the top ways people show their pets love or by playing with them, giving them treats, cuddling them, and telling them I love you. It's more of the top ways people show their pets love or by just hanging out with them, watching TV, letting them sleep in your bed, and taking them places like parks and beaches.
Speaker 1: I feel like I do most of those things. Don't let voo hear that oh Wo does not sleep in the bed. No, no, no, no gives.
Speaker 3: He usually slept in the bed, and lately she's just been kind of she sleeps over by the baby.
Speaker 1: Now, no, she she sleeps downstairs. If there's some sort of a bad storm or whatever, I'll invite her. It's cold, like last night, I'll put a little blankey on her. You don't want to snuggle that next.
Speaker 3: I get sad when Weezy jumps down from the bed. But what I thought we had a good thing going. My dog doesn't shed a lot, but it sheds just enough. Yeah, and that brown boxer for just that stays on everything.
Speaker 1: It's that reddish kind of brown hair shows up on anything.
Speaker 3: Yes, it does, no matter what color it is. On a white white sheet, it's going to show up everywhere.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Happy National Love your Pet Day, everybody. Okay, I know Chili's gotta be excited about this one.
Speaker 3: The first trailer for Cheating Chong's Last Movie is out. That is the name of it, Cheating Chong's Last Movie. It'll be part road comedy and part documentary covering the current state of the legendary comedy duo. The movie is going to be It'll have a limited release date on April twentieth for twenty nice, and then.
Speaker 1: It'll be released nationwide April twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: You can see a trailer for Cheating Chong's last movie on our entertainment blog page at the.
Speaker 1: World famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Has your twin. I mean he's busy. He looks busy over there. Look, I mean we're all busy. I'm sure Chili has been just as busy as all. Let's go ahead, and those eyes are bugging right out of his head this morning. He's probably watching the trailer enjoying it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Now everyone knows Chili is a huge Cheating Chong fan. You don't want them to go out on like a real bad note here me personally affect a lot from that. I love Cheating Chong. Up in Smoke is just this unbelievably funny movie. I still watch it with my grandma when I was a kid. Really, yes, my mom or my grandma loved the movie. Chili. Your thoughts do we need this? Should we? Should they not have? Should they have skipped this? I mean this is these are your guys.
Speaker 9: I think they should have skipped it.
Speaker 1: I agree with you because I agree with you.
Speaker 9: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 16: If they're trying to make money, hey, but then they could ruin it.
Speaker 9: For other people. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Cheech Marin is rich, Yeah, he is rich. The art collection.
Speaker 9: Seng with his weed thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know how well he's doing with that. So I don't know if it's just the money grab.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think people are gonna watch it, and the fact that it's part documentary also makes it a little bit less stressful. I feel like because it was a documentary that wasn't really a full movie.
Speaker 1: I just don't want it to be sad. I don't want to sad, meaning like, oh why these guys don't want to be stoned and sad when you watch this? Well, you know nothing worse.
Speaker 16: Obviously it's gonna be weed related, you know, you think you think, I mean, you have to expect that they're gonna be like that, you know, so you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want to be sad for them, Like these old guys, they're very rich trying to go make money. I guess all right, I'll steal check it out, all right. Trailer with a bunch of other entertainment News on Links and guests.
Speaker 3: Mark Coppas is about to sell something cool for a great cause.
Speaker 1: The Blink within Any two Basis.
Speaker 3: Is selling a painting by one of Brod's favorite artists, Banksy. The paintings called Crude Oil Vetriano, and it features a couple dancing on the beach with a sinking oil tanker in the background. It could be worthout the six point three million dollars and Hoppis and his wife's sky at the painting back in twenty eleven, but are auctioning it off to give the proceeds to the California Fire Foundation to help with the LA wildfires. They can also donate some of that money to the LA Children's Hospital as well as Cedar to Sinai oncology research. I wanna that Hoppis overcame cancer in the past couple of years, so I mean he's splitting all this money up. That's just a great cause. Back, Hey, we have a painting hanging out. You wanna you're gonna give some of this money to people?
Speaker 1: That's crazy. He's got a six million dollar bank see, and it's just been hangout.
Speaker 3: It's been in their La and London home throughout the times that they've they've had it.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. All right, listen, can I get my sports guy? Yeah, can you tell me a little bit about this hockey game tonight?
Speaker 3: So it is probably the biggest hockey game of our lives tonight, no pressure, but Team USA plays Canada in the final of the Four Nations tournament.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 3: The NBA just had their All Star Game. The NHL or for god, a All Star game to be like, we're just gonna have an international tournament with the best players playing the best players. The NBA had Lebron James like, my ankle hotes, I'm not gonna play. And the NHL was like, they just fought for nine seconds, if three times in nine seconds to start this game.
Speaker 1: We got a rematch of it tonight for all the marbles. Let's not forget the NFL did flag football flag football and NHL is just kicking each other's asses out there.
Speaker 3: Both teams have the exact same odds to win the game. According to Vegas, that's gonna start at seven o'clock and you can watch it on ESPN. If you haven't ever watched hockey, tonight is the night that you want to start. There's there's no other sports on. Just watch this game seven o'clock ESPN, and we kick their ass, Canada's ours.
Speaker 1: It would be a wonderful introduction. If you wanted to watch a hockey game tonight, I agree with you on that. I want to watch it. You're not a Patriot, That's all I'm gonna say. Oh, it's gonna be so great.
Speaker 3: And basketball Rockets are gonna have one more day off before they return from the All Star break. There We're gonna host the Timberwolves at the Toyota Center tomorrow night. They went thirty four and twenty one in the first half of the regular season. That is going on in sports.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Papa Roach and kill the noise. Well, wakey, wake, if you're just joining us, keep your hands on your snakies and cakey. It is it is. It is wicked cold outside. It's twenty seven degrees true temperature here in Houston feels like fifteen outside. Come on, that's why we got that extreme cold warning. Now the clouds stay, We're gonna stay in the thirties. If the clouds move out, I'm told that we might hit forty degrees. Like that's the best we can hope for, low forties, So I'll take that all right. More in the cold weather all morning, just be safe out there. If there were an like I could see in the parking garage, I hit a little patch of ice. It must be a yeah, it must have been a spot where like water puddled up and it was so cold out there it did turn to ice. Now, we didn't get precipitation, but for some reason there was there was a wet spot in there and I felt it in my car. I'm like, boom, And I looked back and I'm like, yeah, there was a little patch of ice over there. Believe nothing that was unmanageable. I'm just letting it know. Now. I wanted to mention this because this is pretty cool. I've only got one more of these to give away. The winner, oh Old Greg, was on in homeroom and he won the fun Fat Flashback, a little something we do at around six thirty five every day. He won the Ultimate Supercar Driving Experience. Him and a guest, now Old Greg and whoever he brings with him a little fuzzy little Man Peach Supercars on a real track, no speed limits. Extreme Experience bringing their fleet of world class supercars Tom sar Houston, Feb. Twenty seven through March second, Ferrari's Porsches, Lambaus Corvettes. You can buy a car to drive. You don't own the car, you can just drive. You can pay for a driving experience Extreme Experience dot Com. Like Rod, Jesus Christ, why you're talking so much about this because I just got this email from Ed Rod. I attended the Extreme Experience in Austin back in November. It was so much fun. I cannot recommend it enough. If people are skeptical about it, don't be. It's very controlled in the sense that they don't just put you in the car and have at it. You're driving with a certified instructor telling you kind of what to do, but you are driving. You're on the track from the acceleration to the breaking zones. It maximizes the experience. Needless to say, I'm trying to win these passes too well. Thank you, Ed. Good to say, it's good to see that you're out there. People are excited about USA Canada. I got a hype video here sent to me by Chad. I put up a hype video for Did you like it? Yeah, because it incorporated the victor the coach's speech from the movie Miracle, which apparently is pretty much word for word what really happened back in nineteen eighty. I got a hype video up for the hockey game tonight. It's on our Instagram at Rod Ryan show Chat. I can't wait to see what you sent me. The bread Man, Steve the Breadman is freezing his loaves off. Yeah, we all are. What'd you say? Today's Appreciate your Pet Day, Love on your Pet Day, Love your Pet Day. Yeah, love your Pet Day. Okay, there's a link up. It's Love your Pet Day, and you guys love your pets. Maybe not as much as Monica. I'm gonna have to. I'll get this on our stories. Hey, Rod just wanted to throw it out there. I got twelve dogs, a cat, a mini donkey, and close to forty chickens over here. I gotta love on them all. Today. Here's a winter pick of Jackson. How can you not love that face? Jackson is her mini donkey. That's a great name for donky. I love that. This mini donkey is the best. Wait till you guys see you're gonna I'm somebody's gonna go buy a mini donkey today after I put out this picture of Monica, I'm gonna get it on our stories and I'll get that. I'll get that up. Jackson asked, so so much going on today? The Rod Ryan Show charity golf open. Are you kidding me? That stuff is up? All the information about our golf tournament. Let me just pull up some of the one hundred pieces of paper I have in front of me. Wednesday, April nine, benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. We're back at Wildcat. Thank you. Wildcat Admiral Transfer and Rigging is our title sponsor once again. Duke and CC coming in big. Thank you guys. I just went to Duke's birthday party. This guy through a birthday party. I'm telling you right now, this is like something you see on TV or like some kind of like you can't use P Diddy as a reference anymore for parties, can't do that right. This was just open bar. It was like the biggest wedding you've ever seen nationally signed like band that sold thirty million albums. April Wine played at Duo's birthday party. Yes, man, just between you and me. So thank you Duke and CC for coming in. Your birthday party was ridiculous, Duke. They're are title sponsor, Admiral Transfer and Rigging Carbock Love Street. It's gonna be our favorite beer out there again. Thank you Grazy Italian Kitchen and pair Land providing our dinner again. Golfers sign up today to the coolest golf tournament. It's a party on a golf course, that's all. It is benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics two of the things I gotta mention. And I know I'm throwing everything at you. It's just this is my life today. I need you to send me word suggestions. We're going to be doing Read my Lips next hour. Hannah's going to join us in studio, take on Alex. I need words. I need you to email me Rod at Theebuzz dot com. And then finally maybe we can do some song clips coming up. I'm down. I haven't even looked looked. I'm gonna go look at the fixagram. I'm gonna go see what the voting looks like. I'm throwback Thursday. I got white stripes, my doorbell, Chevelle, HAPs Off to the Bull, my Chemical Romance I'm not okay, I promise those are your three songs. We will do song clips coming up in about ten minutes, fifteen minutes tops. Give me some time. We'll get all this together. I need you to interact with us today, guys. I need you to interact. I need you to hit us up on the website. Please.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody. Extreme cold warning guys. Right now, I know you don't have your phone in front of you. You need me to tell you that it's twenty seven degrees outside. It feels like fifteen. Come on, that's a little too much. That's not why I live in the South. I got Jerry Cantrell tickets coming up for you. But first I'll wit to find out what's trending. What you got over there?
Speaker 3: Well fix dram Thursday, Okayfinently trending Indy collect is submitted to us by Cole from Sadafe and a lot of people are checking her out this morning.
Speaker 1: I'm on it's our number one blog page this morning. No wonder it's trending. It's that people are voting and then looking at the golf tournament. So there's a lot enough, there's a lot of activity.
Speaker 3: I saw a past grey podcast is up there too, if you want to go check that out.
Speaker 1: Oh I JITs I just I'm looking at that right now. Delta plane crash is also trending.
Speaker 3: The passengers on that Delta plane that crashed crash landed in Toronto are getting thirty thousand dollars each from the airline. And it's a no strings attached payment, they say, so you can still pursue legal action, I believe. Also trending again is iPhone sixteen e. Apple released a more affordable version of the iPhone sixteen, and I guess a lot of people are still.
Speaker 1: Talking about it. That's's trending on Nightifi the vice. Okay, two emails one that I have pulled up right now, and she's right, she's right. I don't mind mentioning this at all, Veronica. Thank you for the email. Roonica Delgadood. Morning right. I've been listening all morning. Man. You have mentioned the USA hockey game a lot. Today. The USA women's soccer team is playing against Columbia. There's a doubleheader at Shell Energy Stadium, and yes, I'm going with my daughter, sister and niece. It's the She Believes tour. We need to cheer on these incredible women who have won a World Cup championship before. Lets e f and go. Okay, Veronica, I'm on board with that. I saw that was happening too. That's awesome. Do oh it be cold out there? Huh yeah, oh yeah. You gotta dress warm for that, Veronica, You and the girls for sure. Okay, we're gonna do song clips coming up. I'm gonna give you Jerry Cantreill tickets right now. He's playing February twenty sixth over at the House of Blues. I'm looking for caller number ten seven, one, three, two, nine, four five, Come get it.
Speaker 15: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 10: The Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, the Buzz Blink one eighty two Adams song. Mark Hoppus is sitting on a Banksy, which you mentioned that he's like one of my favorites. It's a street artist and apparently Mark Hoppas has an original. How much is it worth? Six point three million dollars? Six? Okay, so over to over six mil if it's If it's owned by Mark Hoppis, it makes it more valuable because you want to buy Mark Hoppus's banksy. So this thing could go for over seven million dollars at auction. It's gonna cost a pretty pay and he's gonna donate all that money for cancer research.
Speaker 3: Or it's gonna go to the La Wildfire, the Fire Foundation, the Children's hospital.
Speaker 1: And then so you're seinaide oncology research. Okay, so he's split the money up. That's amazing. That's on the music.
Speaker 3: Blockage point something million for all three.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy. Well, I help you off to a great start to your day. I know it's like wicked cold out there. We have an extreme cold warning. We're milling about in the twenties right now, which stinks. Good morning. Who's on the phone, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. You're calling number you're calling number ten? Dude?
Speaker 6: What up?
Speaker 3: Awesome?
Speaker 7: Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hook you. Give us some Jerry Cantrell tickets playing February twenty sixth over at the House of Blues.
Speaker 7: Sweet man, that's one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Cal Have you ever seen him solo?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: Never solo?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you he will do a ton of Alison Chain songs because he sings a ton of Allison Chain songs. You know, people think well Lane Staley, they sang together on so many tunes. Jerry Cantrell will do aic stuff. Dude, you're gonna love it.
Speaker 6: Awesome.
Speaker 10: H so cool.
Speaker 6: Thanks man.
Speaker 1: What part of town are you from, Jimmy, Ah, they've been Montgomery. Okay, it's probably colder up there than it is where we are in the Galleria.
Speaker 9: It's pretty cold and.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be out man all day. Oh all right, listen, bro, thank you so much for being a part of the show. Stay warm. All right, Yeah, thanks you too. It's Jimmy. What is this st.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking?
Speaker 1: Have you? Have you watched much of the Saturday Night Live fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 3: I have seen lots of the sketches, not as much of the music as I I wanted to.
Speaker 1: The music is just like I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to have a lot of time to do that so I can get through two three sketches at a time.
Speaker 1: Just I want to sit and watch all of them. I'm obsessed when they show the studio audience because every person is famous superstars, and then you're just looking there's Steven Spielberg, and there's Kevin Costner, and there's you know, Ryan Reynolds, and then all of a sudden, we see this pasty ass Jack White. He just looks like he's in a Tim Burton movie. He is so recognizable. Edward Scissorhands is in the audience, is sitting there. You could just spot him a mile away. But he looks like somebody's super famous. You know, he was dead in the audience. Famous he does. It's a little spooky. He's a big dude. Yeah tall, He's a big guy. I bet you he's he's got He's at least six to two. He's a big dude.
Speaker 6: This is.
Speaker 1: White Stripes my doorbell. It's in last place. I don't think it's going to win. This is my vote.
Speaker 3: I really like this song a lot, but I like it too. It's going up against some tough competition.
Speaker 1: Today, Chevelle, and I wouldn't be upset if this one, don't. I remember them telling me about this song, interviewing them over the years. Hats off to the bull. I think they went to like a bullfight, and it's so violent killing those bulls and stuff, and sometimes root for the ball were halts off to the ball. They were rooting for the bull against a human.
Speaker 3: Theah, I don't realize, like bullfights, you have to like straight up kill the bull and a lot of them to win.
Speaker 1: It's not like a buddy might went to Papalona to run with the bulls and then you run into the stadium and then you watch a real bullfight. He's like, it's the most awful thing I've ever seen. Yeah, it's terrible. It's awful seeing them just putting these spears in when bulls the right. All right, Chrevelle, hats off to the bull. I would imagine this wins, but it's got forty three percent of the vote. White stripes have eleven percent of the vote. We gotta see how many emos are listening this morning. I head by two percentage points my chemical romance. I'm not okay, I promise. I think you're right. I think this is gonna.
Speaker 3: Win as it would be appropriated if the Canada's fight song today, because they're not going to be okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Chevelle's got the juice to beat this. Currently your first place song, I never down you go, all right, it's super early in the voting right now seven two one two five nine four five. Oh that's our number. I'm not giving anything away. Just keep our number handy down, keep our number handy. But I need you go. That's how busy we are today. I need you to go to the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot com. I need you to vote. I need you to look at fix the Grand Thursday, looking at girls. I need you to check out the new Past, the gravy. I need you to what do I need you to do? I need you to get involved This morning rod Ryan Shows ninety four five, The Buzz, three days, Grace and never too Late. Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Throwback the Okay, people are going and voting. That's good. That's good. That's good. I'll tell you where I'm a little behind this morning, which I've been all day, all morning, I've been behind. I need some more word suggestions. Please, I need you to help me out. Please give me a solid email, your boy. I need some word suggestions for reading my lips. I I met Hannah in the hallway. Actually, yeah I was. I was in the bathroom a little bathroom break two songs ago, Yeah two songs ago. I'm having a wonderful discussion with sky Mike. You hear him do the traffic every now and then. He's an animal. Alwa's commenting on everybody they're wearing, so like asking me about my guy. I'm a hockey sir, I'm wearing my my hockey jersey. I'm wearing my USA Men's hockey jersey today getting ready for the game tonight because I'm an American. I'm an American, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Legend.
Speaker 1: So he's asking me about this, and I'm talking to him, and I come out of the bathroom and then boom, running into Hannah who's just hanging out. I'm like, are you Hannah? She's like yeah. I'm like, come on in, let me introduce you to Chile. So she's already here. The fact that she's here early, Hannah's going to be taking on Alex and read my when we play read my lips at eight twenty for Lumineer's tickets. If she beats Alex, she gets the Lumineer's tickets. Do I have to get somebody on the phone. Do I have to get somebody on the phone just in case if she loses maybe we'll see. We'll see golf tournament benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. The Rod Ryan Shoe Charity Golf Open going down April ninth, back at Wildcat. Apparently Duke is up this morning. He was listening Duke and CC Admiral transfer and rigging our title sponsor again, Thank you guys. Carbock Lovestreet will be the beers Grassy Italian Kitchen and Pairland will be providing our dinner again. What do I need? Everything? I need golfers, I need sponsors. I think Chili's got everything laid out there the different sponsorship levels. If you are a company, a business, a small business, a large business, and you want to be involved in just a fun, fun golf tournament, you can come out and what we say, activate your whole. But you know, you come out, you get a tent and you set up a table, and you know we stop buy your hole and it's another party hall and you can do some fun things out there. I want your business involved with the Rod Ryan Show Charity Golf Open benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. You need to find out about Texas Adaptive Aquatics. We got that for you too. You can find out your money's going to a great, great cause they don't get they don't get a lot of funding. Okay, this tournament keeps them open every year doing what they do. So everything's laid out for you, Chili. Thank you for putting that link up. It's the number one link right now, all right, So we'd love to get you involved. I know there's a lot of business owners that are listening right now that and said, okay, you know what, boom, I'm going to finally do something about this at girls blog page is number one right now. Oh yeah, you know who's headlining it, Bonnie Blue. Okay, we mentioned her yesterday. Congratulations, it's the biggest story. It's the biggest story right now. I mean it's the biggest story in philth Uh. She's the woman that he got to say supposedly slept with one thousand and fifty seven men in like twelve hours. It's impressive. I mean it's a little bit. It's gross, but impressive. It's gross but also undressed. One thy fifty seven men twelve hours. Now she's pregnant? Is it from one of those guys you don't know, who knows dude, philth.
Speaker 3: Pull Mari Povitch I read tire man Maury Povid says he's sitting this one out come on that is also on the Looking at Girls blog page, so she's headlining it.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people are checking that out. What's the point, Mario. And then I don't know the last time you saw Iced Tea's wife Coco. Uh huh. She claims that she he's the og microthong wearer. Okay, and she's still rocking a microthong and she says that's the only way to get some sun on your buns. I mean, it seems like it's right. Remember that picture, the internet picture of that cat was kind of like holding its paws out and then underneath it. I said, dad, ass, yeah, that's what it was. First thing. I just thinking of Looking at Girls block page is our number one blog page right now. A lot of stuff for you on links and guests.
Speaker 15: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The rod The Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four five, A Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Offspring, Gotta Get Away rod Ryan's Show on this Throwback Thursday. A lot of you are out there voting right now. It's making me really really happy. Thank you. I just wanted to take a quick glance. Chavell hats off to the bowl and seven votes. My Chemical Romance two hundred and seventy three votes, White Stripes forty nine votes. Chabelle is taking the top spot. A lot of votes came in after we played those song clips. We have an extreme cold warning, so I need you to I don't know, just like bundle up layers. People ask Rod, how do you live in this? I don't. I live down here now, Okay I don't. I did, and I moved here in Canada and I moved away from it. Look at my jersey. Look what I'm wearing today, trying to show us your ladis. I am rather believe it. I am representing the USA. More on that in sports. But why don't you do Houston's headlines because I know you're talking about this cold warning that we have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, good morning everyone. There is a hard freeze expected in Houston this morning. It to be the coldest feeling day of the winter so far. People, plants, and pipes will need to be protected from the cold, but the red rays are expected to remain fine. There is a chance that freezing rain could develop in parts of the state. Expect the temperatures to stay below normal through at least Sunday before we start to warm up and get back into the seventies next week. HPD Captain Darren Blake Edwards was arrested in Galveson County last night in charge with possession of child pornography. Shortly after his arrest, the Houston Police Department announced that Edwards had been relieved of his duties pending the outcome of an internal investigation. League City Police Department set his bond for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Fifty nine year old Edwards is a thirty two year veteran of the Police Department who served as the captain of the Auto Theft Division. He was one of several officers that were demoted over the Astro World tragedy back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: This is like late breaking stuff that came in last night. There's not a lot of information on this, and then I told you, I said, this is something that you're going to have to kind of keep your eye on to see if some more information is released on this. But that's about all we know on this, and it's not good.
Speaker 3: Passengers that were on board the Delta flight that crashed landed at Toronto Pearson International Airport have been offered thirty thousand dollars each is a good well gesture from the airline. The airline also says that the payment comes with no strings attached, which means the passengers could still possibly pursue legal action against Delta. Kansas City chiefs Titan Travis Kelsey reportedly spent one hundred thousand dollars on Valentine's Day gifts for Taylor Swift, but he topped it off with a homemade card because.
Speaker 1: He wanted to include something personal.
Speaker 3: He said, you got our gold necklaces, diamond earrings, shoes, clothing, and candy, as well as one thousand dollars worth of roses that supposedly will last up to a year. He's rich, so he should be able to buy rich things, So no big deal.
Speaker 1: Rich people spending a lot of money on other rich people. What percentage off the top of your head, what percentage do you spend on Valentine's Day compared to what's more do you get for your girl? Do you get more for Christmas or more for Birthday for your girl? What do you think Christmas you like one thing for your birthday? Christmas year you get multiple things. So the most money you spend is Christmas? Yeah, okay, what percentage of what you spend on Christmas is Valentine's Day? Ten percent? Probably twenty five percent.
Speaker 3: Ife and I have always been pretty chill about Valentine's Day. It's more like acts of like service and like, hey, let me make you dinner and stuff like that, as opposed to here's jewelry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get.
Speaker 3: I mean you do the flowers, you do the cars, do the candy, but like occasionally you get her something that she wants.
Speaker 1: At that point in time. But how much did he spent? He spent one hundred thousand dollars, So let's just say if it is twenty five percent, now he has to spend half a million dollars four hundred thousand for Christmas. You really said it's too much for going forward? Bill is very early on in the relationship. You haven't been together all that long. Too much? Yeah, I think so too much? Stupid dummy jerk.
Speaker 3: Sharon Osbourne has long controlled what Ozzy Osbourne does, and we know that that's no secret. But did you know that she robbed the world. I beginning to see Ozzie as a pirate. He was reportedly offered an audition for the movie Pirates of the care Being, but Sharon told him no. Sharon said on Billy Corgan's podcast it was the biggest mistake that she's ever made with him and said that thinking back to it, he would have been perfect that for the role that he was auditioning for.
Speaker 1: I should have auditioned for fellow rock.
Speaker 3: Keith Richards did play gihnny Depp's character's dad in some of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Gihnny Depp based his character Jack Sparrow off of Keith Richards, so that made sense.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that.
Speaker 3: Would have been the role that Ozzie played, but Ozzie would have been perfect for a pirate dude.
Speaker 1: I think that was the role and they went with Keith, and I don't think they could have done better than Keith Richards. It's Richard's pretty great. Keith Richards has like Pyrae pyraty rs. He's got pirate stuff just hanging in his hair all the like. He walked on the set and they're like here. We don't even need wardrobe. He put a hat on.
Speaker 3: Him and that that's it, and give him a sword.
Speaker 1: Yeahlines, they couldn't have done any better. Can I start with a little something here? Yeah, if you don't mind, Oh, get playing Grandma the Bengal Games, the role. I love it. That's the late great Mike Lang just passed away, just passed away. He was a long time voice announcer for the Penguin name he had just passed away. But that's like his probably his most famous line. I played it from time to time. You know, between him and the guy that did the Sabers games, by far the two best announcers in maybe all of sports, but clearly in hockey, those were the guys. Yeah, those were the guys. So Mike Lang no longer with us, but you are doing a hockey story. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The biggest hockey game of our lives is tonight. Oh Mike, you gotta play for Mike Lang now right?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tom to Say takes on Canada in the final of the Four Nations tournament. Both teams are the exact same odds to win the game. According to Vegas, the game will start at seven o'clock. You can watch it on ESPN and Basketball Rockets. You're gonna have one more day off before returning from the all Start break. They're gonna host the Timberwolves at the Toyota Center tomorrow night. They went thirty four to twenty one in the first half of the regular season.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in.
Speaker 3: Sports, rock and alternative Fair to The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 17: Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 4: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Google Dolls with Iris Hope you're on to a great start to your day. It's the halfway part of the show. But I don't have to worry about Hannah. I don't have to worry about Hannah. She's she's been here. Hannah's gonna be taking on Alex read my lips. She's Oh, she's our special guest, our guest player this morning. She got here super super early. So I'm already I mean, I know the guy's standing right in front of me, but I'm already kind of rooting for Hannah. Always again, rooting for Hannah this morning. Hey, Google Dolls. They had to put out a post on Instagram last month and they said, listen, they've learned that some social media accounts are pretending to be the Google Dolls and they're soliciting money from the fans. And you know, Johnny and Robbie, they're like, remember, we would never ask you guys for money or personal information. They only have one official account, it's the Google Doll official on Instagram and the other social media's. It's just a reminder for every one of you to be careful out there. I saw something came and went all the way up to the big Voss. There are multiple and it's it's so upsetting to me. There are multiple phony rod Ryan Facebook pages and accounts out there, and Meta doesn't seem to care at all. I report them all the time, and then whatever metrics they use to look at the page, they don't seem to be going against community standards. You know how you know what's against community standards ripping people off these these sites, these sites, these rod Ryan Show phony pages and rod Ryan phony pages are getting bands to pay money so that I'll play them on the radio. It's pomp. It's promising airplay for money, which some of you have heard of that before. It's called payola, and it's completely illegal. I cannot take money from a band and put them on the radio. Okay, they got in trouble for that. Somehow, Dick Clark he escaped it. He was doing it, and all the DJs back in the day were doing it. Somehow Dick Clark got.
Speaker 9: Out of it.
Speaker 1: DJs used to do that all the time. You'd come down, you'd bring your record down, you'd give the guy some money. Big Fat DJ. Not much has changed. Big Fat DJ just sitting there with a cigar, and those guys ruled the world. They didn't There was no rules, There was no rules. They were playing stuff for money and they were just putting that money in their pocket to play it during their shows. I can't do that. I cannot do that. That'd be awesome, Yeah, that'd be cool. Yeah, I cannot do that. So it's just a reminder too if you see something phony like it's just a reminder for everybody. The Google dolls kind of reminded me because they're dealing with that, and it just thinks that there's just crappy people out there. There's yeah, there are really bad people out there. That's thanks. Just be careful, okay, online Extreme cold warning is what's happening outside right now. It's gross, twenty seven degrees feels like fifteen. I see us. Hopefully the sun comes out in the afternoon and we might get a taste of forty degrees today. That's if these clouds move out by about one o'clock. So it is coo out there. Hey, you're gonna buy that new iPhone?
Speaker 13: Bro?
Speaker 1: No? Why not?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 1: I don't like the AI stuff on it? Dude, get the iPhone? Not doing it? You get the iPhone. It's a discounted one. It's like a cheaper version or something. Yeah, that's not like I do it. That's a big tech story that's going around today. I saw this, and I use the website wallet hub from time to time. They'll come up in different surveys that we talk about. Have you personally noticed that it's harder to find things on Google? Yeah? Yeah I have. Are you being serious?
Speaker 3: I am being very serious, and it always gives you that weird AI synopsis is I didn't ask you for an AI synopsis.
Speaker 1: I just asked you for whatever I'm googling. Wallet Hub is now going after Google, claiming their intentionally making their own product worse because it's more profitable. Hear me out, hear me out. On this. If you find what you're looking for in two seconds, you're not going to spend much time looking at any kind of advertisements. So the idea is they're drawing the process out, forcing us to look longer. And you've got to know that half of Google's revenue comes from those ads. If you don't get to where you need to be immediately, you're going to see more advertising. So wallet hub posted a bunch of things going against Google, saying that Google even did their own study in twenty twenty and they found that worse search results did not result in a significant loss of revenue, so they could technically make their product not as efficient. And because why because none of us will use bing? Not one of us will use bing, I these asked jeeves, It doesn't work an right, there was a dawn pile was one back in the daye Yahoo. So basically, if their search function gets worse, they're so confident that none of us will use They have very little competition, so normally making your product worse wouldn't be good for business. So this kind of goes back to Google not having much competition. Are they is Google making their search results worse? They absolutely are. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Everything is sponsored at the top. You gotta scroll through like four pages to really find what you want. It's a pain the ass, even us doing what we do for a living. I talk about that, you get all hot and heavy to go buy tickets. I went to the point where I bought tickets. I thought I was on Ticketmaster.
Speaker 1: And no, but you just did the first link that you clicked. Yeah, first there's I'm like, oh, I'm smart, I'm smarter than everyone. I'm going to go to the second link, don't. I just thought I was on Ticketmaster and whatever it was, you know, ticketmaster dot com or whatever whatever it was I clicked on. I think I bought you. I'm like, how did I get here? How did I do this? I'm pretty smart?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: Not, no, not, that's not that smart. No, I'm not. Yeah, that sponsored content. They're making a lot of money on that. But it's the ads. They don't want you to get there as quick as possible. I'm not saying it's true. I'm just saying, wells going after them right now. It's interesting who would make the product worse to make more money? Google the only one? Who else? Who else could do that? I can't think of one anything that would make you spend more time there than it would be more profitable for them, So I guess that might be there. No, I don't know. I think airlines. I think airlines get bonus and stuff on getting you off on time, So I don't know that they want you to be on the plane longer. Don't even get me into the Oh, what happened? What was that?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why'd you get so loud? Yeah, I don't know what happened. It sounds like you're talking to it. Toube did something? Okay, we go. Sorry, you put the filter game on. I don't know a filter button.
Speaker 9: I told you.
Speaker 1: I have somebody, uh Google running this papers everywhere. I must have hit something on the on the board, Chili, who's your friend over there? Wait a minute, I'm over all over the place. There he is, Joy Look at a scrambler. Yo, I'm gonna scramble. I mean you guys have been carrying on for about forty five minutes over there.
Speaker 16: Hey man, she's just made it on time, so that's all you need.
Speaker 9: To worry about.
Speaker 1: She was early today, that's Hannah. Is she ready to play? Alex? Absolutely, she is ready okay, I can hear her that you do. Oh, I'm ready, You're ready. You got here super early? How did you get in here? By the way, I was coming out of the bathroom. I told the story, and I just saw you hanging out as.
Speaker 17: Soon as I got off the elevator, you came out.
Speaker 1: How did you get in the elevator? I need a card to get in here. Teresa couldn't get in here. Teresa could not get as far as Hannah got it. I had to go downstairs. Teresa's card did not work this early in the morning. How did you get up here?
Speaker 17: They just set me up on the elevator.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me work here?
Speaker 17: Oh no, they took my ide and everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, cool, well listen, I'm glad you're here. Thank you. This is one final plea for you guys to email me Rod at the Buzz dot com. I'll do one final scan. I need some more words. I do need some more words. I just I want to make sure I got the best quality words for the game. Email me Rod at the Buzz dot com. And then we're gonna invite Hannah in studio with us, and then she's gonna square off against Alex and read my lips us rock and I'll tear it into him very soon. The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 17: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, as we're making our last minute arrangements and things moving around and having people in the studio getting ready for Read my Lips and we've got Hannah who is ready to go. You're gonna be playing for Lumineer's tickets. So the extreme cold warning is still in effect. We're gonna be lucky to hit forty degrees. They were still in the upper twenties right now. It is just wicked cold out there. Be careful. Alix is gonna help us out.
Speaker 3: What's trending well Fixtagram Thursday continues to trend this morning. Mindy Collette was submitted to us by Cole from Santa Fe and tons of people have been checking her out this morning.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Cole.
Speaker 3: Also trending is an Arizona plane crash. Two people are dead after two planes collided in mid.
Speaker 1: Air over Arizona.
Speaker 3: We just had plane crash outs a plane crash lately, man, But that's what's trending. And then also four Nation's Final is trending a lot of people talking about the USA Canada game tonight the biggest hockey game of our lives, as many are calling it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people are calling it.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are calling it that. That's all I'm seeing on all people are calling it that.
Speaker 1: I did see a couple of guys that are playing in it said it's the biggest game that they've ever played. And when you think about it, and if you're watching them, and that's the biggest game of your life too. These are technically exhibition games, but it means more. But yeah, the rivalry, the USA Canada thing, it's awesome. What times the game tonight? Seven?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: We got a game here, We got a game here. What's it like standing next to Hannah right now? I'm sitting next to here, But it's nice. Hand Hello Hannah. Hello, you were early today?
Speaker 17: Yes, I was a chick.
Speaker 1: That's early. Yeah, awesome, that is you were. But you were unicorn, bro, it's a unicorn.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna back you on that chilling chili. You're off the hook. You don't have to play today, and you're you're gonna be just timekeeping.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just time keeping, you know. I'm still suffering from my beating from last week.
Speaker 1: I want to thank everybody that sent me, uh these great word suggestions. Did you practice or how do you prepare yourself to commit and do this?
Speaker 17: So I did watch some videos this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm okay, all right. You know, Alex won everything last year. He won it all. He's the champion, right, but he's been beat by a listener before you can do it.
Speaker 17: It's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: Okay, where are you from?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 17: New Orleans?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but where'd you drive in from today? Oh?
Speaker 17: Paarland?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you live here now?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I've been here about a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, welcome, welcome. I'm glad you found us. All Right, this is gonna be great. I guess I'll get one person on the phone, just in case you don't win, justin case John Stin case you don't win, I'll grab somebody on the phone Chile. But we're gonna get rolling in three minutes. Make whatever preparations you need to make three minutes. Read my lips.
Speaker 13: You're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the bus Lincoln Park and paper cut. Anna was saying she likes that song. You're a Lincoln Park fan, absolutely, what's your favorite band?
Speaker 17: System of it out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're kind of back together. I can't really tell. They're doing a couple of festival shows and they can't seem to kind of put it together to go out and like like a full tour. So I don't know what they're doing. I can't. It's got to be killing you if that's your favorite band, because the amount of effort that it takes to rehearse and get ready for a one off or a two off show, you might as well just go out and tour, right, And they can't seem to be together for that amount of time. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 17: They need to get it together there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very frustrating. It's like it's like kind of like rage against the machine. It's frustrating and chilli. You want to get chili started on that? Hey, good morning everybody. I'm just having a great conversation here with Hannah Godell. Did I nail your last name? Go Dell, Guys, I'm awesome at the last name game. I don't know why I'm thought of as being a guy. They can't say people's last names. You traditionally have not been shut a Canadian thing. Hannah Godell applied to play Read My Lips and Chili selected her and I think it's awesome. And you said you've only been in our city for about a year.
Speaker 17: What do you do, I'm a chef.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice, it's time to read my lips.
Speaker 1: Is it ever acceptable to use garlic out of a jar? Or do you have to use fresh garlic?
Speaker 17: I use garlic out of a jar?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 17: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't even have time to mince that stuff. I know. I'm just saying I didn't know. Like how snobby you were on the garlic. Do you always have to use fresh garlic? No, it's okay to use that.
Speaker 17: It's okay.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We need to refer to you as chef for the rest of the chef this chef.
Speaker 1: Did you watch The Bear?
Speaker 17: Oh my god, it was so good.
Speaker 1: It was good. So you didn't think it was overdone or anything like you're in the kitchen, you're in the trenches. Oh yeah, you did you buy it? I know it's not all one hundred percent accurate, but did you buy it?
Speaker 17: A lot of it is pretty on point. It's pretty intense.
Speaker 1: I love it, my favorite trim. Yeah, okay, that's Hannah. I'm rooting for her. Now, you always root for everybody but us. Who's going first? She said she would like to go first. You want to go first.
Speaker 17: I'm going to go first, Chef.
Speaker 1: You're going first, Chef. Okay, you know how to put on the headphones and the crazy song and everything.
Speaker 9: That chef shows fear.
Speaker 1: Okay, start it for you when you put the headphones off. Let me just go over to the phones here. I think I think Chef's gonna win. But good morning, rob Ryan Show. Who's on the phone.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning, this is Charlie.
Speaker 1: All right, Charlie, here's the deal. If Chef Hannah doesn't win, I'll give you the lumineer's tickets. All right, do you okay, but we're rooting for Chef Hannah. Oh yeah, now, okay, I need hands. We don't all have to do for her. I need hands. I could just sit here and talk about the bear all day. Yeah, I know, focus, Okay, I'm not Okay, there's Charlie right there. I got words for you guys here, and uh, she's going first. She wanted to go first, I gave you the opportunity to choose twenty seconds on the clock. Ready to go, chef thumbs up, thumbs up. Here we go, chef from New Orleans. Well, yeah, and now she's checking you rig it for right here we go. Kimberly sent this in. Here we go. Purple turkey, purple turkey. Wow, we had a ringer. We are a ringer right here, Yes, chef, purple turkey, purple turkey out of the gate.
Speaker 9: I mean I had to do with kitchen.
Speaker 1: So do I have to go to Urban Dictionary for that chili? What is a purple turkey? I'm email me what it is? Do we need to google that?
Speaker 9: I mean, I want to do it right now?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Your boyfriend Pat sent this in. He said, make sure that you don't get it. So it's the only one that when I shuffled, I put this one aside. You can't have this word. Okay, Pat from past the baby, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 17: Combs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Syrup sucker.
Speaker 17: Syrup saucer syrup.
Speaker 11: Sucker syrup, sucker, sirup, upsucker, Alex, were.
Speaker 1: You talking about that on your past? The grades Canadians Today syrup suckers. Yeah, eight psychs to go? Is she a professional rip leader, lip breader and a chef? Maybe? Maybe? Holy cow? Wow, we've not seen this before. No, what were you calling syrup suckers Canadians? Canadians on your podcast? Is that on Today's?
Speaker 3: We need like a slur for Canadians but it's not really offensive?
Speaker 1: So is that on Today's anytime? A Canadian? So you anything? Arid? Syrup sucker? Becky? Becky sent this in.
Speaker 14: Thumbs up, thumbs up, Chubby penguin, Chubby penguin, trumpet, Chubby penguin, Chubby penguin, no idea, chubby Chubby penguin.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you thought my boy blue? Where did that come from? Chubby penguin? Okay, she got two tie Okay, you can take.
Speaker 9: Those off, So now the pressure is on Alex.
Speaker 1: Okay, she had a good strategy. I thought you were nuts for going first. I thought you were crazy for going first. Now I see why you went first. Are you kidding me right now? Chili chef syrup sucker?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: I've never gotten to first. Two to be honest, the purple turkey and the syrup sucker.
Speaker 1: Okay, has anybody googled purple turch You know what a purple turkey is? I don't know what that is? All right, here we go. Alex has a headphones on. Are you googling or are you getting your timers straight? Googling? No, Google, just get your timer. Purple turkey, you are a purple turkey.
Speaker 9: They are actually purple turkeys.
Speaker 1: Get out of here. Could you get your timer ready? Please? You get all day you're googling, don't you hear there? Google's taken forever.
Speaker 9: Now get that purple meat.
Speaker 1: All right? Here we go, twenty seconds on the clock for Alex. One it all last year, most wins. Thumbs up, Yeah, Kyle sent us in cold cupcake, cold cupcake. Oh boy, we've got.
Speaker 10: Us a game.
Speaker 1: Okay, cold cupcake? That was I was a layup. That was a layup. Here we go. Cherry Cherry sent this one in. This is a weird one. This is another one you might have to google later. Thumbs up. Yep.
Speaker 8: Zebra zipper zebra nipple, zebra zipper, Zebra zipper zebra zipper.
Speaker 1: Oh we got a game, guys, Hannah, did you think he was just gonna let you win? Did you think this animal was gonna be nice to him? Do you think you're gonna be nice to a listener? What's a zebra? Zipper? Chili Urban Dictionary is also known as the chili dictionary. We might not be able to say that. Do you do it while you're doing a purple turkey? Do you zep? Do you un zip a zebra when you're with a purple turkey? We know that? All right? Here we go for the wind or the tie. You're twenty seconds away from going in overtime. Hannah thumbs up, yep. Oh all right. Wes sent this one in. I think it's hard. You don't want a super super? Are you ready to time?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Snore horror?
Speaker 18: Say in snore horror, short horse, snore horror, snort horse, snore horror.
Speaker 1: I don't know, snore horror. And he looks at you're saying a different thing. Now, snore horror. That's twenty seconds. Oh damn, we're going into overtime. Baby, get the fast laying Grandma. The bingo games about to roll. Snore horror. It's a terrible thing. Wes, what is the snore horn? Can you look up a snore horse for me?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 1: I don't have time. If you don't look up up, Alex. You gotta get out of here, so get her set up. We're going into overtime, Hannah. This is how overtime works. I have one more word. You have to get it. I'm going to give you the word. You have to keep guessing until you get it correct. So he's gonna time you and we're gonna sit here all morning long until you get it right. Don't worry, no pressure. All right, here we go, sirrup sucker. All right, got a lot of good ones here. Oh boy, are you ready, chilly sir, I say the word, you start timing. Charlie, just go, She's gonna win. Just hang up, Charlie, Nope, can't do it. I got you're still thinking? You got these tickets? Huh okay, okay, okay, all right, here we go. Mundo sent this one in.
Speaker 9: Oh that's trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is big trouble. As soon as I say the word, you start timing. Thumbs up, thumbs up, Hannah could shock the world.
Speaker 11: Leather skirt, leather shirt, leather skirt, leather skirt, leather skirt, leather skirt, skirt, leather skirt, leather.
Speaker 1: Skirt.
Speaker 17: I'm just thinking leather shirt.
Speaker 1: So close, leather skirt, leather shoes.
Speaker 11: Leather skirt, leather skirt, leather shoot skirt, skirt.
Speaker 1: Leather skirt, how much time, leather leather skirt. He's gonna get it, all right, just right down that time, he's gonna get it. I'm not telling you. I'm not telling you what it is until I say it to him, and then you can kick yourself. You can kick yourself on this one. You were so quick out of it. I gotta want to talk too loud because he's coming in. You were so quick out of the gate, and I'm like, oh my gosh, she's gonna get it all right. Just listen, all right, come on in, Alex, Alex gonna put the headphones on. We're gonna time you same way we timed Hannah. As soon as I say the word, we start timing you, and you keep guessing until you get it right. Do do doo boo doo do doo. Hannah is listening all right. Alex can't. Alex can no longer hear me. Here we go with overtime. Mundo sent this one in thumbs up. That's up.
Speaker 11: Leather skirt, leather shirt, leather skirt, the skirt.
Speaker 9: I thought you were gonna tell you again.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, Hannah, Hannah. Hannah said, leather shirt out of the gate. Is that that's what it looks like. Leather shirt, skirt. I don't very similar once. So you've been there before I after overtime.
Speaker 3: You just got to go with things that rhyme with what you think it might be, because you're true if you don't get it.
Speaker 1: So you you talk about this all the time, both of you.
Speaker 9: Guys.
Speaker 1: When you get on something you can't get off of it. You cannot get off of it. Leather shirt, leather shirt shirt, she couldn't get off of it. She's like leather shoes, leather yeah, leather shirts. Okay, Alex is your winner, Hannah. I told Charlie to hang up when you were in overtime, and he said, I know. I told Charlie talent because I knew he was there was still a game, because we didn't need him. Charlie did, yep, yep, I guess we need you. Congratulations boy, I do that for the USA today. All right, all right, he go, Hannah. You were awesome. You were chef. We were great today. Thank you, chef, Thank you all right, Charlie, I've got the Lumineer's tickets for you. October tenth. Woodlands Pavilion tickets go on sale Friday at ten am. What a game, guys, What a game? Start thinking about maybe next week you're listening to the radio you want to play. Yeah, it could be you could be you taking chili in the overtime next week, me somebody, I'll leave you win, all right, Chef, great John today, Thank you, thank you, great game, The Buzz rock and all tearing very soon.
Speaker 13: Ryan Morning Show, I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four The Buzz, This new popa roach, even if it kills me. Rob Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. I'll have to take a look at votes. We've been so busy over here, but the last time I checked, it was interesting to see Chevelle had just a bit of a lead over my Chemical Romance. Go see what the voting is all about. Vote for your favorite song of the three that we are offering up today. Winning song will be played at nine thirty. I got one thousand dollars alternative income coming your way. At nine ten, I got post Malone tickets for his rodeo show. I'm giving those away on no the show, and it's still on. I mean that extreme cold warning. It's it's still happening. Let me just see where we're at right now. Twenty eight degrees outside, it feels like sixteen. That's silly, Alex, go ahead, take it away. Houston's headlines ho Good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: There is a hard freeze expected in Houston this morning.
Speaker 1: It'll be the coldest feeling day of the winter so far.
Speaker 3: People, plants, and pipes will need to be protected from the cold air, but the really bays are expected to remain fine. There's a chance that freezing rain could tomorrow in parts of the state. Expect temperatures to stay below normal through at least Sunday before we start to warm up and get back into the seventies next week. President Donald Trump is thinking about a new plan to give Americans some money saved by the Elon Musk Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 1: The idea is called the DOGE Dividend.
Speaker 3: And it would return twenty percent of the government's savings to taxpayers. If DOZE reaches its goal of saving two trillion dollars, each taxpayer could receive around five thousand dollars. Experts say that the plan still does need approval from Congress, and some lawmakers may prefer to use that money to reduce the national debt or for other programs. So I feel like, just don't expect that money. Don't put that in your budget this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, Happy National Love your Pet Day.
Speaker 3: Everyone is supposed to show their pets loveell extra love today.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I always show my pet love, But show some love to your furry friends or reptiles if that's the route you chose. A poll found that the top ways people show pets love are by playing with them, giving them trees, cuddling them, and telling them I love you some. Other of the top ways include just hanging out with your pets, watching TV with them, letting them sleep in your bed, and taking them places like parks and beaches.
Speaker 1: So Happy National Love your Pet Day. Two. Weeezy shout out, weez shout out to Voodoo but Monica, Monica wins. I put this up on our stories today. Did you see the donkey Jackson the donkey? Correct? Hey, Rod, just want to throw it out there. I got twelve dogs, a cat, a mini donkey, and close to forty chickens, forty man pickens. She's like I got to show love to all of these and she sent a picture of the donkey this morning. I put it on our stories. Here's a pick of Jackson. How could you not love that face?
Speaker 9: Pretty great?
Speaker 1: It's a good looking donkey. It's a really good looking donkey. It's on our stories on Instagram and Facebook at Rob Ryan Show, Rob Ryan Show. Thank you, Hello.
Speaker 3: Chilli's gotta be excited about this one. The first trailer for Cheat and chongs Last Movie is out. That is the title of the movie, Cheating Chong's Last Movie. It'll be a part road comedy and part documentary covering the current state the legendary comedy duo. The movie's gonna have a limited release on it April twentieth or twenty nice, and then it'll be released nationwide April twenty fifth. You can see the trailer for Cheechachong's Last Movie on our entertainment blog page with the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot Com. Mark Oppas is about to sell something cool for a great cause. The Blank one A two Basis is selling a painting by the artist Banksy that Rod loves so much. The paintings called Crude Oil Vetriano and features a couple dancing on the beach with a sinking oil tanker in the background. It could be worth up to six point three million dollars. Oppos and his wife Sky got the painting back in twenty eleven, but are auctioning it off to give the proceeds to the California Fire Foundation, the LA Children's Hospital, and Cedars Sinai on collegey research.
Speaker 1: Those are used in headlines A little intro. Yeah, yeah, let's.
Speaker 8: Oh get the playing, grandma, the Pinto games up out the.
Speaker 1: Roll, alright, that's the great, the late great Mike Lang just passed away. I saw he was trending this morning too. He was a longtime announcer of the Pittsburgh Penguins, but always thought it as one of the all time great announcers for hockey. So sad to see him pass. I use that getting the fast lane, Grandma. I use that drop all the time. Yeah, it's a good one, all right. So well, we're playing that to get ready for this USA Canada hockey game tonight.
Speaker 3: Biggest hockey game of our lives is going down tonight. TM USA plays Canada in the final of the Four Nations tournament. Both teams had the exact same odds to win. According to Las Vegas, the game is going to start at seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on ESPN.
Speaker 3: If you don't watch it, you're just not American, right, you just move on up to Canada. You're not a real patriot. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine not watching this hockey count to night. And I think you brought up a good point if you're just you hear us talking about hockey, like, I don't know what are these guys talking about. You know, it's nothing else going on. Maybe I should check it out. Rockets turn playing tonight. So if you want to see a hockey game and you want to just maybe dip your toe in the water, watch a little bit of this game tonight and just see if you get caught up and wrapped up in the excitement and the patriotism of it and everything. Do we boo the Canadian anthem? No, we're better? He boot our anthem?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: We saw that win.
Speaker 3: So it's like I kind of want to give it back to them, But then again, I don't want them to be like they boot our anthem.
Speaker 1: Let's kick their ass. Yeah, take the high road.
Speaker 3: I'll take out Sidney Crosby, take out Connor McDavid. Just let the boys go out there and kick some ass. All right, let's go USA and Baswall. Rockets are gonna have one more day off before they returned from the All Star break. They'll host the Timberwolves at the Toyota Center tomorrow night. They went thirty four and twenty one in the first half of the season. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 7: Houston, Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: Come on, yeah, ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on. Man, Alex just said, be wow, today's going by fast. It is well. It helps Like if you would have lost today, You're like, oh my god, today's dragon. What are you talking? You won read my lips today. But Hannah gave you a run for your money. Man, Hannah was awesome. I see Chili just put up her pictures.
Speaker 9: Chef.
Speaker 1: There there we are with the chef. I was asking her some chef tips, Yeah, she said, I asked her on the air. I said, I said, okay, to use minced garlic. Out of the jar. She's like, yeah, she gave me the okay on that. I don't know if I had to use fresh garlic for everything. I said, can I crack the pasta? Can I? Can I crack the spaghetti noodles? Is it ever acceptable? She said no? Never. You said, what if I have a small Potcoes get a bigger pot. I don't have a billion dollars. She said, it's it is. Hannah said, it's never acceptable to crack your spaghetti noodles in half. She's gonna, okay, that's right from the chef. All right, Well, there she is. She did a great job. We're gonna be looking for someone else. We're gonna be looking for someone else next week. I don't know when we're going to stop this. Maybe I don't know. Chili. I like it, Chili. What's involved with the with the vetting? I really don't know this. There's some things. I'm such a control freak. The competition that's been coming in. I'm not just saying this, whether they've won or lost, every listener that has come in to play Read my Lips has been totally cool. Yeah, yeah, they've been totally listen to this show of course they're cool. How are you picking these people, dude? They're awesome. Yeah, they've been all awesome.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 16: So just if they follow simple instructions, you know, I just go and check their emails if they say it and I look and then I'm like, okay, you know what, this person looks like she would or he would give us a hard time.
Speaker 1: It all goes back to Lindsay, who was the first one. Lindsey, I want to thank you because if you would have sucked, if you would have been a weirdo, if you had been in here, been a crazy person, I would have shut the program down. I would have had to. And Lindsay was cool. She started it off in the beginning of the year and every Thursday now we've had listeners in. So it's been really, really fun. I've really enjoyed it. Great job vetting the people. Chili, well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 9: They make it easy though. They make it easy, all right.
Speaker 1: So next week usually we start rolling Monday, Tuesday we start having you guys sign up online and come down and Chili's gonna play next week. But Hannah did really, really good today. Okay, let's take a look at this voting here Oh my god. The Looking at Girls blog page is killing it. The Looking at Girls blog page. Bonnie Blue, the woman that supposedly slept with one fifty seven men in a single day. Rumor has it she's pregnant. I think it's fake. I think it's fake news, and I wouldn't put it past Amy Schumer to pay for that. Does you have some movie out pretending to be pregnant? All right now? Kind of pregnant? I think is the name something like that. I don't know. I just think it's a thing right now. Yeah, I think it's a thing. Here's what you guys are voting for. Chile is hoping that Chevelle is still in the lead. They're not my chemical Romance. It's five hundred and seventy nine votes Chevelle, hats off to the bowl, five hundred and seventy six. Three votes separate first and second place. Sorry, Alex, white stripes out of it? Yeah, I think white stripes off of it. I told you that. I didn't Well, you did tell me that, but I know I didn't believe you. Three votes separate one and two. Do your votes count? Oh, you bet your ass. They do more than anything else. Hard freeze. It's happening. It's happening like right now, like you were saying, like expected this morning, like right now, it's in the twenties on it's too long. My plants made it the last goal round. I didn't wrap anything. My plants made it. Just raw dog yep. All my neighbors were out there repping their plants and stuff, and I'm like laughing at them. If this is the one that kills my all of my plants in my yard, I'm gonna be so pissed. It's twenty eight degrees outside. It feels like it's sixteen, all right, temperatures tomorrow morning gonna be dipping into the light freeze territory for most of us. This is stupid. We already had one of these stop. Temperatures are gonna stay below normal through at least Sunday. And then I was listening to Alex warmback up to the seventies next week after everything's dead. Yeah, it's gonna be nothing left, all right? What else? Post malone? Tickets coming up? On No THEA Show, You got a new Past the Gravy Podcast, new brand new.
Speaker 3: We talked four nation hockey, We talked a little spring training Baseball. We did it is mock draft decision, and we did a mock draft of S and L sketches that I thought was pretty good.
Speaker 1: It was really hot to pick like a four out of out of all the sketches. What was the list we did last week? There was so much Saturday Night Live content over the last two weeks getting ready for that fiftieth anniversary tutor or whatever with Amy Schumer. Was never one. And then you said it was just because I had the name of porn in it, because it was based on YouTube views only. Yeah, is there any denying the top sketch for Saturday Night Live is either got to be cow Bell or Van down by the River. Those in our mock draft, those went one and two. I think those are the two biggest ones. I mean, if it's it's and the most popular, that two most talked about ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just and it's maybe it's hacking to pick those, but I mean everybody likes them, Like.
Speaker 1: That's that's a safe as if.
Speaker 3: Somebody had if an alien came to Earth and was like, show me this SNL thing you're talking about, you would show them those two clips first, because you're like, this is what we watch.
Speaker 1: This is why we laugh. Yeah, and like Will Ferrell is probably my favorite cast member of all time.
Speaker 3: He ruined that, he ruined Blue Oyster Cult. Don't feel the Reaper, like I can't. I'm like, where's the cow bell?
Speaker 1: Let's go?
Speaker 3: And it was about you hear it, That's all you think about and it was the best thing that ever happened in that band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it turns out it was the best. Why they didn't kind of recreate that and they went with him doing his Robert Goolay on the Lawrence Welk Show. That's what they did for the fiftieth anniversary. I mean, he did the thing where he gets behind the keyboard and he sang with Anna Gasteire and that was always really really funny. It was kind of like a Taste the Biscuits. Yeah, they kind of did like a Taste the Biscuit kind of thing. That was funny. But how they couldn't how they didn't recreate that the cow bell thing, I don't know if it's like, was it so good you can't redo it?
Speaker 3: Because I thought the Domingo thing might have been that way, and the Domingo thing was just as funny.
Speaker 1: This past weekend. Yeah, I just thought it was okay. I finally I've been watching the Saturday Night Live thing. It's four hours long. Yeah, it's it's like just bits and pieces.
Speaker 3: That's why I can get through a couple of sketches, but like, I want to watch the music stuff in full, you know, and I last.
Speaker 1: Night as I'm like two and a half hours in. Now, over a couple of days, I finally got to the John Mullaney, the very New York centric sketch.
Speaker 3: I love John Mullaney, but every time he does that, you're like, you lose so many.
Speaker 1: People that don't know about New York. Yes, he's you know, he's talking about Bodega's and all these different things that I don't know why the lobster's in there. I don't know. These these New York sketches that they allow him to do, and they're they're really long. And I get the brilliance of John Mullaney. He was a writer forever on that show and they say he's one of the greatest writers about all time on that show. And I just they let him do that sketch where it's very New York centric, and I don't think the rest of us understand half of the reference to it. It kills. I guess, I guess what I did take. I'm not trying to spoil the Past Gravy, though.
Speaker 3: You can go check out the full episode on our rod Ryan Show page and also where you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: But what's up with that?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: I had to snag that.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. What's up with that? Up with that? Did anything of Bill Hayter make it into a top sketch? He's one of my favorite cast members of all time. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: There was just so many picks and net and to narrow it down to twelve though he only had twelve picks total.
Speaker 1: It's tough, all right. Go check that out and you can argue with us. Check out Past the Gravy. Get your votes in winning song today for Throwback Thursday, we'll be played at nine thirty. How about a shot in one thousand dollars Houston's Rock, Houston's.
Speaker 7: Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Here we go, all right, Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Votes are pouring in. That's good. Chevelle has a slight lead over My Chemical Romance right now. A couple of votes though, I mean we're at one thousand, seven hundred and eighty nine votes. That's a big day for us. That's a really really big day. We'll get two thousand votes in by nine thirty. It's a huge day. So winning song played at nine thirty. If you haven't voted yet for Throwback Thursday, you can go check that out on the real Famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot com online.
Speaker 4: Kid's Alex Online ninety five The Muzz.
Speaker 3: All right, what you're doing today, Well, since it's the biggest hockey game of our lifetime tonight, I just put a bunch of USA Hockey hype videos.
Speaker 1: Well I don't know, I don't not like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you put one up there, there's a similar one to that that's posted, and then just five six other ones.
Speaker 1: So go get jacked.
Speaker 3: If you don't care about this, then go watch it and tell me you don't care.
Speaker 1: About this, and then I'll say you don't have a pulse. That's all I'm gonna say. Right, there's this version of Freebird that's on must be like TikTok and reels that that works really well. But you know why they're using dream on by Aerosmith. It was a Miracle. It was the closing music in Miracle when they you know, after they won the gold and they explained everything, and then they ran the credits.
Speaker 3: They were running dream on and that was like when they would promote the whole movie.
Speaker 1: I remember that they used to and that's the song that's used the hype video that I put up on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: But if you've got a bunch of them, I'm just check them out. I'll watch them all jacked. It's awesome. We're gonna kick cat his ass. Let's go USA. But check it out today at the web finished rod Ryans Show page that does dot time.
Speaker 6: True back first show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, the buzz bad omens just pretend rod Ryan's show man. Thank you so much for having us on. I know how cold, wicking cold it is. Extreme cold warnings still going on. We're still ridiculously in the twenties right now, but it is going to warm up. It will warm up. As a matter of fact, we might hit seventies next week sometime. Packs So it's a tough day to announce our golf tournament being so cold out there. You're like, uh, it's too cold. Well it's not gonna be cold when we do the golf tournament. I mean it could be, but this is benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. Wednesday, April ninth. All the details are online right now under links and guests. We're gonna be back over at Wildcat Golf Club. Transfer and Rigging is our title sponsor once again. So thank you to do Concci for coming in, big car Box, Love Stream going to be out there, Grazia Italian Kitchen and pair Land can be providing dinner for us again. Sign up today. It will sell out, it always does. But we need sponsors, we need auction items. You go to the link at the rod Ryan Show page. That's where you get signed up and you get all your information. But it's great to be working back with Texas Adaptive Aquatics. There's different levels of sponsorship because now you're hearing me on the radio. I'm talking about you know, hey, advertising and partnering with The Rod Ryan Show and all of that. This goes. It's the same thing. I mean, I need you guys to step up. If you are some kind of a business out there, no matter how big or small, there's a place for you. To sponsor and get involved with our golf tournament. And it comes with all kinds of cool stuff like coming out and like if you want to sponsor a hole, you could come out and what we call activate that whole and you could be out there if you want or not, but you could and like, for instance, Texas Hammer usually comes out. Okay, I'm not assuming that they're coming in. Okay, but that would be awesome if the Texas Hammers came in again. There's a Texas Hammer Hall and they've got every trinket with their name on all. They got all kinds of stuff, key chains and all kinds of little bit and they just they just kind of come out. They hang out, and if you are a small business, don't miss this opportunity to network with a ton of cool people. It's a it's a really good time. It's for a great cause. It will sell out, and once it sells out, I'm still gonna beating up because I need sponsors and I need all that good stuff. All of this information is on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Okay, okay, voting, I'm gonna do a little refresh. I'm gonna have to wait. I'm gonna have to wait two minutes. I can't call it. I can't call it. It's that close. All right, let me tell you about the food blog paste today and I get this crazy woman. I'm gonna stall for a minute and a half. How do you reheat pizza or do you just eat it cold?
Speaker 3: I'll eat it cold, but usually used to doing the microwave and reheating it.
Speaker 1: Ye, you pan, I don't want to have to wash the dish. The skillet is the way to go for reheating pizza. Yeah, I've always said I've turned people onto this before. I didn't invent it, but this, the skillet is the way to go. You put it in there and you throw an ice cube. You get the skillet hot your frying pan. Put the pizza in there, throw an ice cube in there. That's it. That's it steams, it steams, it adds a little moisture back to it. I'm telling you can get it to almost be at the point where it was delivered pizza. Yeah, the ice cube in the skillet has always been my hack. It's always been my best way to reheat pizza. How long you gotta leave it in there? On there until it stops steaming, and it usually takes care of It's pretty quick. Once you get that, once you get that pan, pretty hot. This woman, now, I don't deny I'm using water. I'm using an ice cube. The water it rehydrates the pizza. This woman is full on dunking it in water and putting it in an air fryer. And people are now one of the the kids call it. They're co signing it. They're like, I tried this and it works. The secret to reheating pizza dunking it in water. Gotta have an air fryer. She shows you how it looks good. It looks good, but I'm worried about the jump cut. There is that the same piece of pizza that went in. Yeah, it could be shed like a box of brand new pizza. But don't be afraid to put a little water on the bottom of your pizza when you put it when you go to reheat it. It works, okay, White Stripes the vote. Chevelle hats off to the ball forty three percent of the vote. My Chemical Romance forty six percent of the vote. They got. They beat them by about eighty votes. Great job everybody voting today, Thank you.
Speaker 17: Mom, It's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is?
Speaker 4: Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four to five.
Speaker 6: The Bush.
Speaker 1: D you want it on? See that song at your study from the.
Speaker 9: Ball walk to let you down?
Speaker 11: Or have Joe West RAPSI wake for all the toy looks, photo rush your.
Speaker 6: Foot tread up from about where you're.
Speaker 1: From, jump foots from chopping.
Speaker 11: And now the second so.
Speaker 7: Check, I'm not check.
Speaker 6: I'm not check what it seeks to show you that this is not the life it seems jokes on this time again you sing the words on.
Speaker 11: Ship let mester juke can look another line?
Speaker 1: So hot? You choose that three roush up for the last time I got.
Speaker 6: Chat. I'm not chack chasself licenself said, your friends.
Speaker 1: Check? What's the right episode.
Speaker 15: Fres The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The buso serve all right?
Speaker 1: Here we go ninety four or five, The bus blink on eighty two and I Miss You blink on eighty two. On the music blog page today, there were some other stories that we didn't get a chance to get to. They're all on the music log page. I can't get to every single thing that we put up on links and guests, so you're gonna have to kind of go ahead and follow along. There's a bunch of food stories. It's not just that chick that's dipping her pizza in water to reheat it. There's some other really good things on there. So make sure you go and you check it out. The golf tournament information is up. I've had a few people that have reached out to me. That's good. I love hearing that. Thank you all the golf tournament information that just went up today. Yes I need golfers, but yes I need sponsors. Yes I need people to get involved in the auction and auction items. And you know you're like, well, Ron, I don't have a small business. I can't be going out there and having a hole and stuff like that. Well really, but you've got a Pinterest store or you make all these cool crafty things. Can I have some of that stuff? Can I have some of that stuff to put an auction to kind of raise some money. I mean I'm asking, I'm asking for free stuff. I really am. We've had guys in the past that have made cutting boards before and like wood type things. Don't think, oh, Rod wouldn't want this, No, he would he would want that. Oh you do that thing with like bottle caps and you make bar tables and you put bottle Yeah, I need that. I need all of that stuff in our auction. So please, if you have anything like that that you make or you craft, I would love love to put that in our auction. That brings in a lot of money and when I don't have to pay for it, that's pure profit for the charity, Texas Adaptive Aquatics. So that's where we make a lot of our money on the sponsorship stuff, all right, So please stream cold warning all day today. It's gonna be cold again tomorrow with the hell the rain coming on Saturday and maybe this weekend. The only thing we didn't give away yet today was this Post Malone Rodeo. Tickets to go see Post Malone March eighteenth at the Houston Rodeo. Tickets in the full entertainment lineup are available now at Rodeohuston dot com. So I will give those away. Alex, you got a little bit of time here. You need to work on a question. I got you. Okay, I got you, Alex. Question on the flip of this brain. Know the show, Don't Go Anyway, Rock and Alternative very used to The.
Speaker 17: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Okay, well it's that time, La La La. I got tickets to go see Post Malone playing the Rodeo March eighteens. Go to Rodeo Houston dot com for the full lineup. Okay, buddy, what you gonna ask today? Here you are? Hi?
Speaker 3: We talked about d Basis from one of my favorite bands, Mark Hoppus of Blinquiny two. He's auctioning off a painting from which of one of your favorite artists?
Speaker 1: What famous artists is this this painting from? Okay, we'll have to see how well people were paying attention today. Seven one three, two, one two five nine four five If you know the show Rock Alternative ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Stone, Uple Pilots and Creep. As we get ready to wrap up a throwback Thursday, thank you for all the votes. Man, it was a big, big voting day today.
Speaker 9: I forgot how big it was.
Speaker 1: It was really big, though, man, A lot of people coming in it's good when we got those battles going back and forth with the songs. It makes it fun for us too. Thank you guys for all the interaction today. Extreme cold warning. That's all still happening right now. I got twenty eight twenty eight degrees outside, feels like twenty nine sweating. Oh sorry, sorry, it's twenty nine. It feels like eighteen outside. Jeez, he's now time for I know this show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 7: Buzz La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? Good morning? Is Fernando. Hi, Fernando, how are you today? I'm doing good man, how about you great?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Bum you got a question for you, Fernando. Blinky too?
Speaker 3: Is Mark Oppas is auctioning off a painting from what famous artists?
Speaker 1: His name is Banski. I'm gonna give that to Okay, I think we give it to him. It's banks.
Speaker 3: Thanks over there, not Friday, everybody.
Speaker 1: Banksy, But I'm gonna give it to you. Fernando. You were close enough. I want you to win. I can tell you were listening. Yeah, thank you, man, I appreciate it. Fernando, I'm gonna give you post Malone tickets. He's playing the Rodeo on March eighteenth. Awesome, thank you. A guest, are now going to the Rodeo to go see post you all right? Awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 16: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you. I really am. All right, Fernando, hang on for me. It didn't go by quick today, very quick, guys, Thank you so much for hanging out with us a little bit today. Jeff did Jeff loose, No, he won because he'd beat Kenny the Cashman. Kenny the Cashman got busted speeding this morning. Guys, really good, fresh out of bad head to head this morning. Now we got Jeff going for the Hall of Fame tomorrow morning. That makes it exciting for us, fresh out of bed head to head little game we play every morning. Uh, at around six point twenty, I don't know what Chili's good. Well, he's right there. I might as well ask him. The biggest prize this week. The thing that we were giving away is the ultimate supercar driving experience, where you and a guest you get to test drive some supercars on a real racetrack. There's no speed limits over there. Uh, it's Extreme Experience dot Com. I've got one more of these to give away tomorrow. Hey, Chili, if you're not done yet, what's up? So my guess is you would play that in the rotation. It would be at seven twenty. But sometimes when it's something big and you're making people wait, sometimes you put it on Know the Show. Where are you gonna put the supercar Driving Experience tomorrow? Just people really want to know where it's gonna be.
Speaker 9: I am gonna put it. It's up to you for the last thing for not to show.
Speaker 16: Okay, Yeah, because we got those post malons early in the morning, so how about to give them some space and queen you.
Speaker 1: Know, ultimate supercar Driving Experience on Know the Show tomorrow. Yeah, they got Ferraris, Porsches, Lambeaus, Corvettes, you name it. Extreme Experience dot Com.
Speaker 16: I kind of want to go and test drive one of them, but I don't know if I can fit in one of them.
Speaker 1: You can do, any buddy. And they got a convertible outleke it work, full lineup of cars and everywhere. All right, Know the show tomorrow. We've we only had four these to give away, so that's huge, So that's on no the show tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Hannah.
Speaker 1: Chef Hannah was awesome today. Overtime somebody said, how about a cooking segment with Chef Hannah like all the questions that you were asking her, could like we use could we use her like for all of our cooking questions and cheffing questions. She seemed to have the answers. She did great today taking Alex to ot but just just coming up a little bit short. Thank you to all the Throwback Thursday voters as well. Tomorrow tomorrow is free beer Friday. We'll have open phones the last hour that we'll leave you with the ultimate supercar driving stuff. Chilly said, he's going to give you some a chance to win some post Malone Lumineer's tickets before they go on sale tomorrow at ten a m all. The golf tournament information is now up on links and guests, and then Jeremy wants to get in here. Jeremy is going to continue with alternative income you've got today and tomorrow, and then alternative income goes away. So ten after the hour, the whole time, Jeremy's on through Teresa at five to ten. Chance to win one thousand dollars. Listen for the keyword entered at the buzz dot com NonStop nooner pick your tickets with him on the one o'clock hour. That's it. Have an awesome day, everybody, USA, O USA? What time is this hockey game?
Speaker 3: Seven o'clock ESPN? If you're not watching your Patriot?
Speaker 1: All right, don't we have hockey onesies? We do have hockey. We have USA onesies. I need to pull those bad boys out. It's a perfect time for that. Yeah. Keep us nice and warm, all right, go USA. Guys. We're on a twenty hour break. We're back tomorrow. Wrap up this week, AMF Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 4: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.