Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to visit right now with Michael Damien. He's got a brand new song out and we've had him on the program before. Excited to have you back, sir, and I'm going to play your song on the radio here in a bit.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: If you're listening on the podcast, you don't get to hear it. But Michael, tell me a little bit about your new song.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's I'd love to It's it's called let Me Into Your Heart and it's the first single from my new album that I've been working on for about the last past year, and We've plan to release the album, the full album in January twenty twenty six. But this is the kickoff song.
Speaker 1: And you actually had a chance to perform this on Young and the Restless, So if anybody missed that when it was on the other day, they can still catch that in streaming, right.
Speaker 2: You can always stream it on CBS Paramount plus the Young vests. You can watch it anytime. Yeah, it's to be fun. It's a different version too. This is going to be the acoustic version, but the available and both, by the way, are available now on all streaming platforms.
Speaker 1: It's the first from the new album that comes out in January. How many other songs are on that album?
Speaker 2: I would say, right now, there's ten, but I have a feeling it's going to be more like twelve. I would say, Well, see how it goes. We're still we're still working on different tracks and we'll see if they make the cut. But i'd love to, you know, get out as I'd love to put as many songs as possible on the on the full album.
Speaker 1: So how do you do that? How do you pick the song that you're going to release first? This one that you know again is on Young and the rest list. This is the first song. How did you pick this one?
Speaker 2: Well, this kind of had timed out actually with The Young and the Restless because they have this As I was mentioning this special episode, it's it's uh, you know, a bachelor bachelorette party surrounding Danny and Crickets wedding. That's going to be coming up and the show wanted to do some music and said, hey, do you have something that would work for the scene. We'd love to have you perform it. And so we went through the album or they okay, this track lyrically fits I think the best and sent it to the show and then they said, yeah, we'd love it, let's do it. And so that kind of became the first single because people are going to want you know, usually what happens when you when you get seven or eight million people seeing something, They're going to be how do I check out that song? And so we're like, okay, well we got to get that song out and available, so if people want it, they can, they can get it.
Speaker 1: I love that again. The first song is available now and the rest of the album comes out in January. Is that the best month of the year? Like, when is the best month of the year to put out an album?
Speaker 2: I think January is really good because it's the start of the year. You don't want to put anything out in December, and then the summer people are just listening and just you know, they're in a whole different space. That's why even movies really tend to only come out like, you know, maybe on fourth of July weekend, but you know, or Labor Day or Memorial days so or Christmas. So January seems to be, you know, the right month. And oh, you know, hopefully if we succeed, then I'll let you next time we do your show, I'll say, hey, okay, January is the month. Okay. If not, I'll say, well, maybe not January.
Speaker 1: I love that. And you've been doing music for a long long time. How has the music world changed since you first started in the music industry?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wow, Well, let's start with when I first started, it was vinyl and then the oh and cassettes. Actually, let me go back before that h track cartridges. How about that that was an experience in itself and your favorite song would click to the second half and so then then I was able to experience. What's really cool is that when rock on my single, you know, went to number one, that was sort of a transition from cassette. And that's when CD, you know, CDs really took off, and cassettes then slowly, you know, fell off. Because I remember when I received my Gold Records from the record company, it had the Giant and the CD, it had small CD, and it had a cassette in gold as well, so and then you know, that was sort of the end of that era, which is you know, it's a great, great time. And now the streaming platforms have started, and that's something that's incredible because you know, people can get it instantaneously, and that makes it very convenient to get music out.
Speaker 1: And the cool thing about the instant like this particular situation here, your song is out now, but the album won't even be out till January. I don't have to wait till January. I can listen to it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can hear that, you can hear let Me into your Heart. And I've got two versions, which is really cool. I've got the full version and the acoustic version. The acoustic version is the one that I'm performing on Young and the rests.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to play it on the radio here in just a moment if you're listening on the podcast Sadly we can't play it there, but we will tell you where you can go to find it. And again, Michael Damien is our guest today. Michael, thank you again for taking the time to chat about your new song.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey, thanks so much, and rock on.
Speaker 1: Going to play that new song on the radio here in a moment. Like I said on the podcast, we can't do that on the podcast, but we do have a link to it at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio. And Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.