Speaker 1: Something you should go time now for something you should know, brought to you by Genesis GOOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know that you can put your retirement plan on. The gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Today we're going to talk about the four thirty seven project. It's a run across the state of South Dakota for suicide prevention. This project started a few years ago and there are twelve runners who will begin their journey on the nineteenth of September, so that is today, and they will run from the western side of the state all the way to Sue Falls, South Dakota, and they'll be here on Sunday. A few of the volunteers have done this run in the past, like John Meyer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's two of us back this year, myself and Lisa Larson, and I think it'll be good. It's nice to have a little veteran leadership. We got a lot of questions from the other ten and I also I'm really proud, you know, last year we had eleven of our twelve. We're here in Sux Falls, and given that this is a statewide race run, we have statewide runners, we have rapid Philip peer Platte Aberdeen's. We're still picking up a few people as we had Wes today, So I think that's really important as we grow the awareness of this project.
Speaker 1: One of the new runners this year is Betsy Schuster.
Speaker 3: I joke that I'm recruited to help them keep on schedule if they start running too fast. I used to run half marathons ten years ago and so I have not really ran the last ten years, and so when they approached me, it was just a great inspiration to get me back on the trails, and so I ran the Sioux Falls half. I've ran a couple more halves, and I think a lot of it is that physical mental connection and the importance of that. And so I am not an experienced runner per se. But we're out there going to have fun, and we're really going to work to raise awareness and that community of support that's available.
Speaker 2: Just lace up your shoes, know that you have so many people back home cheering on you, and just take one step at a time and we'll all finish on Sunday together. We'll be there in whatever shape we might be in, but we'll be there. And I think it's such a great microcosm for when we talk about mental health, right you need to know you have a community of people behind you, just like we do on this race, so we'll finish together.
Speaker 3: For me, it's really all about we need to create a community of support and resilience. And even though I physically have to run this myself, I'm not alone. And I think there's so many people that we feel alone in our lives and that there is support, there's help, and there's this amazing community around us, and so that's really my motivation. I've been following the four thirty seven project the last few years and it's just such a wonderful event to bring awareness to people who are feeling isolated, who are feeling alone in that journey, that there is help and support out there.
Speaker 1: Everyone is welcome to join us for a runners reception as they arrive in downtown Sioux Falls at the Levit this Sunday. They're expecting to be at the Levit at about one thirty.
Speaker 3: I've been to the finish line the last two years and it's just such a moment of this accomplishment of this feeling of belonging, this feeling of you know what, there's many many individuals working through suicide grief that they lost a love one to suicide and they feel alone in that, and you come down there and you realize you're not alone, and so it's a it's a moving time, it's an emotional time, but it's also a time of hope and it's a time of support. And so I really encourage everyone to come out and see us Sunday at one o'clock as we come home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Sunday event was really emotional all across the spectrum. I had feelings of joy at feelings of exhaustion, feelings of sadness. We do a memory mile of people have lost loved ones to suicide, and then you come around the corner and just this wave of sound and cheering, and so it's just a spectrum of all emotions, very much like life. And so yeah, I would encourage people to come down to the Levet on Sunday. I fear avail.
Speaker 1: If you would like some more information about the four thirty seven Project, you can find their website at the four three seven project dot org. The money raised from The four thirty seven Project will help the helpline center. They run the Suicide Crisis Lifeline in South Dakota. If you are a loved one needs some help, remember you can dial for free nine eight eight. That's the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline Again, the number is nine eight eight. Something you Shouldn't, Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis gooldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldr dot com