Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: Ah, all right, it's time for our critical thinking exercise of the week, and this week's critical thinking exercise.
Speaker 1: Is why do we question.
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 4: Donnie?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: You know what that was for our ancestors, Isabelle. Isabel requested the air horn for our ancestors. So our question is why do we question mom Donnie?
Speaker 1: So first I.
Speaker 4: Want to just show you all a video and then we're going to have a conversation.
Speaker 5: Prats win the mid terms? Do you want to see Leader Jeffries become the Speaker of the House. Okay, that was a firm quick answer, so you leave plenty of time for my final answer.
Speaker 3: Look for.
Speaker 5: Terms, do you want to see Leader Jeffries become the Speaker of the House. Okay, that was a firm quick answer, so you leave plenty of time for my final answer.
Speaker 6: Look, what's good, y'all? What's good, y'all? It's your man's MC.
Speaker 4: Checker hole, and I'm here to talk about zorron.
Speaker 1: Mom Donald's zorn.
Speaker 4: Mom Donnie is out here and y'all are really feeling some type of way about folks asking questions, So we gotta talk about this.
Speaker 1: You feel me because your man's is give me.
Speaker 4: Your man's is a politician, so he's gonna be questioned.
Speaker 1: So let's start with that. But first and.
Speaker 4: Foremost, hold on, hold on, hold on, let me get this right. Let me get this right. So we're gonna start with that. But I also gotta take us into a whole other realm. I so I want you to walk with me while we get into this. First, let's keep it a buck. Many of youall do not pay no attention to your candidates.
Speaker 1: I let's just let's just we let's let's.
Speaker 4: Keep it one thousand yall. You not doing research on candidates, Like all you seeing is little clips and whatnot. You just basically like, yo, dude, look cool. I like, buddy, that's it. So one things are being said by other folks who pay attention, you like, come.
Speaker 7: On, why is he doing?
Speaker 2: Why you doing that?
Speaker 4: But you're not even paying attention to the fact that you don't even be paying attention. So it makes sense to me, I if I don't pay attention, then I should probably listen to those who do be paying attention because I'm incapable of identifying a shift of direction or consistency.
Speaker 1: Because that's really what it. Okay, let's put it in terms of dating.
Speaker 4: Since all of y'all be doing the dating thing like that, i'd I so let's let let let's let's do this. So boom when you hollering at somebody right like if I'm.
Speaker 1: Hollering at you, I'm trying.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to show you like what I'm about me, like I'm campaigning for the spot, so I gotta come through and I gotta put it out there like what I'm about, Like, yo, I don't play about my daughter. I'm all about supporting women. You know what I'm saying, Like it's definitely like it's dumb easy to defend women. I'm all about making sure that the immigrants in my community is not getting ramp up in ice like you gonna know this about me. I'm also very much about making sure that I'm considerate, that I'm thoughtful, that I'm considering, continuing to expand.
Speaker 1: My emotional knowledge and intelligence.
Speaker 4: This is my platforms that I'm campaigning on for Shorty. I Shorty rock with me because I rock like this. This is what politicians is doing right like they campaigning like yours, Shorty's the constituency. Shorty stituencies rock with me because I rock like this.
Speaker 1: Boom. So now shorty like, oh.
Speaker 4: I see what he on, I see what he on, I see what he on. And so she's gonna rock with me. But if I start switching up, she gotta flag me. Be she gotta flag me, because if I start switching up, you gotta look at that as one of two things. That's that's one of two things. Either I wasn't really on it or something has got me off it right right, and either way, it's gotta be addressed. So when you seeing folks feel some type of way about mom Donnelly, I know his name is Mam Donnie, but I feel like I want to add other flavors with it. When I you know, I'm saying like, I don't know, there's just something about like I be wanting to add other elements, Madnacles, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's just something about that I'm not really sure.
Speaker 1: But dude, I'm not trying to disrespect dude.
Speaker 4: It's just I'd be liking to add a little flavor to my work, to my food and to names and whatnot. But let me get back to the basics here. So let's get to the basics, which is the campaign. You miss campaigned on a number of things, all right, he campaigned on Yo, I ain't about them zios.
Speaker 1: But then he.
Speaker 4: Flipped and said, not only am I gonna keep Shorty Jessica tish being ahead of the popos, she's the upper case twelve.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say she gonna do a good job.
Speaker 4: It's like, why you why, why you gotta add all the extra jazz, Why you gotta add all the extra ravel dazzle? Just say, yo, I'm gonna let Shorty rock. We'll see how it goes. That had folks look at sideways.
Speaker 1: You means was like, yo, I'm not with the genal side. I don't like it. It's quite as wow. But then you miss was that out here about all into.
Speaker 4: Fotles ain't the language. So it's like these types of things got folks being like, yo, what's really good with dudes? And I'm trying to get you all to notice because a lot of y'all don't know nothing about this, and so it looks confusing to you. You like, yo, y'all just picking on Son, But Noah, it's not that. It's that you picking and choosing what you're knowing about Son and so you can't even see when son is really eclips and.
Speaker 1: Speaking of clips, so.
Speaker 4: Your means also campaigns on I'm gonna get your free buses, I'm gonna get you grocery stores, I'm gonna get you all these types of things.
Speaker 1: In in the in in in.
Speaker 4: The city, right right right right, all right. So here he is talking about this on the Majority report.
Speaker 3: Check it out, and even in the conversation around you know, the question of primary challenges, and you know, much of this I would say is typically private within DSA, but everything I've said has been reported publicly, so I might as well just think about it to you directly. Is you know I went to the endorsement forum that was considering whether or not to endorse be in that primary challenge, and what I said there is that this is not a question of the ballot box of who you would rather vote for. This is a question of how you want to spend the next year. Do you want to spend the next year fulfilling the agenda at the heart of this movement or do you want to spend it defending the caricatures of that movement?
Speaker 4: So real quick, I just want to pop in ray what he's saying is do you want to spend the year doing the things that the movement talked about, like the buses and whatnot, or do you want to spend the year defend in folks like Gio Say, who supposed who's the part of the Essay.
Speaker 1: Movement, who was riding with buddy.
Speaker 4: But then when it was time for Dosa to say, for Chosay to say, oh, I'm trying to primary Hakim Jeffries, who is the representative of his district, your man's mom Donnie said, nah, chill. So that's what he's talking about right here, he said, nah, chill, chill, because he's saying it's more important to just let buddy Hakm Jeffries rock because that's gonna get the buses free, versus chose being in there let him keep talking.
Speaker 3: And the decision that I made, and the one that I shared with with other members that night as they were considering how to participate in that democratic process, is to maximize every chance we have to fulfill the promises we made door after door, call after call with any New Yorkers who had otherwise lost faith in politics years ago, so that we can tell them that success isn't just measured in the election we've already had, but also in our fulfillment of the agenda at the heart of that election. And I, oh sorry, and I was just gonna say that I don't ever presume that everyone will come to the same conclusion as me. I don't think that.
Speaker 4: I So this is where you start to see folks be like yo, because now he's like doubling down on the joint right, and now he's talking about the strategies for why he.
Speaker 1: Said hell to his means.
Speaker 4: The thing about it is that his strategy includes working with Hakm Jeffries, who we know is an a pack who ain't done nothing for nobody but a pat And if you don't know who Haquen Jeffries is, like, I think this is.
Speaker 1: A real good framing of your means.
Speaker 4: Gonna stand together Israel today is real, tomorrow, Israel forever, God bless you.
Speaker 7: And I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever.
Speaker 1: Like if you free up.
Speaker 4: In speech from George Wallace, who was a violent segregationist in a speech at a pro Zio Riley, I'm looking at you crazy, So let me break it down real quick. One of my folks on ig. He's said in my comments, I hope without a.
Speaker 1: Plan is just a wish.
Speaker 4: A hope without a plan is just a wish.
Speaker 1: I say, Yo, that's dumb, fem It is.
Speaker 4: Because it's not that Mom Donnie don't got a plan.
Speaker 1: It's that the plan he's speaking of, it's not new. It's proven to simply not work. It don't work. Your man is here talking about keeping ha Kem in the splot so.
Speaker 4: That he could work with him to try and get the ball across the line for the buses and whatnot. But this supposes, this presupposes that you're dealing with practical people fail and individuals.
Speaker 1: That can be like reasoned with.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the way these people are like they can't be reason with. It suggests that you can build coalition with genociders and genocidal supporters. These folks don't even see Mom donacals as a Musli as a human. He's Muslim Aslama like them. This process, this thought process.
Speaker 1: Is not new fans.
Speaker 4: This is the same joint that slowed down the abolitionist movement. Because do you have white folks being like, yo, chill, we gonna get the what we're gonna get the slave owners to see that this is not this is shameful.
Speaker 1: They gonna feel bad.
Speaker 4: They gonna they're gonna end slavery because they feel bad.
Speaker 1: Nah. Nah.
Speaker 4: This is the same joint that had doctor Martin Luther King Jr.
Speaker 1: Like, Yo, like we maying that that gift from the wire.
Speaker 4: He was like, bro, I thought, I thought we didn't have rights because they just didn't know. We was fly and flavorful and we was peaceful. I didn't know we didn't have rights because these folks really just didn't like us. Yeah, the burning house be we still in.
Speaker 1: It and we don't even got health care.
Speaker 4: Now folks will look at Mount Donald's and be like, yo, Mam, Donnie is a pragmatist.
Speaker 1: He's thinking rational.
Speaker 4: But that's reformists and politician talk for Yo, don't shake it up, because then we're gonna lose everything. And they mean they gonna lose their positioning. It's actually the opposite. It is actually irrational and illogical and impractical to continue to keep doing the same behaviors even though you've already seen the outcome. And for the record, it's not like Buddy is saying his approach will be different. I it's not like he's like, yeah, remember when they did that before. This is what they got wrong. Remember when they did that before. This is what they got wrong. This is how I'm gonna do it. And they ain't keeping that to himself. I don't know, but I think a lot of y'all think these cats is way smarter than they really are. Like, I think a lot of y'all be thinking that politicians is playing.
Speaker 1: Five D chess.
Speaker 4: Nah, they talking with their five D chessticles a lot of times like they just not they It don't take being like some intellectual avant to.
Speaker 1: Be up in that splot. It's the same.
Speaker 4: It's charisma, it's money, it's audacity. So when you wonder around why we questioning mom Donnie, it's because right now he looking a lot like trust me, bro, he looking like it's a lot of wishes. The plan is one that's already been proven to not function, to not beget results. So to continue to say that's your plan, that says to me, you don't got no plan.
Speaker 1: It's very trust me, bro, Just trust me, Bro.
Speaker 4: Well, I gotta tell you that trust has not been earned. And it's not bosh, No, it's not personal it's not personal.
Speaker 1: The distrust is political and for the record, it's what keeps us safe and it was gonna keep them on. They toes she Man's MC checkerhole. I'm out.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go hang out with my daughter and talk about absolutely none of.
Speaker 6: This has.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: Hold on, change this background.
Speaker 7: A man. No, no, no, not fine.
Speaker 4: The Ye