Speaker 1: It's that time of year when if you are on Medicare, they are going to send you letters, and you're going to get all kinds of mailings and advertisements of people trying to sell you a different kind of Medicare advantage plan or Medicare supplement, and it can all be very confusing. And that's why I'm pleased to have my next guest, Eileen Doherty with us. I Leen is with an organization. II Leen, what is I know? I know the name of your organization, and it just went completely out of my mind. Please help me out.
Speaker 2: Colorado Gerontological Society.
Speaker 1: Okay, then I didn't forget the name of the organization, but I thought that was wrong. So I'm glad. I'm glad I get I didn't guess there. So Eileen, you guys have put together a series of seminars across the state. Tell me what this is.
Speaker 2: So for many years, the Corotto Gerontological Society has been offering presentations on Medicare and the changes for twenty twenty five and what people should kind of know about and what they should take into consideration as they are making decisions. And this is true for people who are new to Medicare as well as people who have had Medicare for many years and are looking to maybe make some changes.
Speaker 1: I think this is really important because it can be very overwhelming. And I said, just as before this segment, Eileen, that this isn't necessarily just for Medicare recipients themselves. This would be a great opportunity for families who have parents who are on Medicare and have Medicare plans to find out more, don't you think.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have lots of family members who engage with our programs as well, and a lot of times, either as people are kind of new tomatic care and just struggling with it, families find them selves helping to make those decisions. But I think more frequently what we're finding is as older adults or less able to make their own decisions, and family members are having to get more involved in the decision making than they are confused and not sure whether again, as you said at the opening, whether they should seriously listen to all of the advertising promotion and whether it affects them or whether it is something that they need to pay attention to. So we're finding more and more family members inquiring about what do I need to do for my mom or dad who might be at very advanced stage well.
Speaker 1: And additionally, let me just from personal experience, Eileen, there comes a time when you are going to be making medical decisions more than likely for your parents, and knowing what Medicare does and doesn't cover is extremely beneficial. Because a lot of people have ideas about what they think Medicare covers in terms of long term care or other things like that. It is much you need to understand what Medicare does cover and when it doesn't at least have a big overview of what you're looking at and what you can do to protect yourself and your family, because if your mother or father becomes ill, that's not the time to be asking them a bunch of questions about their Medicare plan. That's just the personal personal experience there on that one. So I just say educate yourself when you can. Now you really do have these all over the state. Unfortunately, the folks in Alamosa, if you're listening, you've already missed the one there. That one already happened. But and Fort Collins, let me see the next one November fourth. It looks like the next one's in Denver, in Glenwood Springs in Lyttleton, and then we've got one in Aurora the following week, Grand Junction, then Centennial Littleton, Denver. So you've really got them all over. What if people can't make it to any of the inn and events.
Speaker 2: There's also going to be a zoom one on November. On December the second, I guess, okay, from one thirty to three Actually, the online ones take about an hour from one thirty to three thirty on December the second, which is right under the wire because people need to make whatever changes they want to do by December the seventh, so it still gives them a couple of days to make decisions, but at least they'll have some time to do that. I was gonna say. Additionally, the session that was done on October the fourteenth has actually been posted to our YouTube channels, so people could actually go out and view that at this point in time if they would.
Speaker 1: What is your YouTube, Pandel? Is that Colorado Gerontological Society.
Speaker 2: It's Capital c O and then Gerontology.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I lean this stuff is really good. I put a link on my blog to the sign up. Is there any cost for these seminars.
Speaker 2: No, they are all free, and at some of them. There are also insurance agents available that can help with comparison shopping if people are interested in talking to agents.
Speaker 1: Perfect Eileen Doherty, Thank you so much for putting this together. I think this is incredible value, and as one who has both sold Medicare supplements in the past and dealt with Medicare from a child of a parent perspective, the more you know, the better off you will be. So Eileen, thanks so much for making this happen.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for helping to share with your listeners.
Speaker 1: No problem, Thank you, Eileen Doherty from the Colorado Gearontological Society. Again, I put a link on the blog if you want to sign up. They have so many of these, and they also have them obviously on their YouTube channel.