Speaker 1: Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine in the games.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Beyondy Jr. Well, we are dogless in Orlando this morning.
Speaker 1: Dog catcher finally got him, didn't he.
Speaker 2: No dog has started his Christmas vacation, so we'll handle the sports page this morning. Brought you by Coffin and Lynd injury Attorneys. All Right, Thursday night football. Interesting situation last night. In the end, the Chargers beat the Broncos thirty four to twenty seven. Okay, it didn't look like it was going to go that way in the first half, with the Broncos jumping out to a twenty one to ten lead, and it looked like they're gonna take that in the halftime Taco. But then a twist in a very rarely seen play was executed successfully by the Chargers just before the half, The fair catch free kick.
Speaker 1: Rule was invoked, and you say, well, what's this? Okay.
Speaker 2: NFL has a rule that the team that receives a fair catch, if they so choose to do so, can take a free kick at the goal they're headed towards, with the other team not able to try to attempt to block it. It's a free kick, and if it's successful, it's three points. You rarely see this because on a fair catch, normally you're not within field goal range. As luck would have it, the Chargers were on the fringe of field goal range. Fifty seven yarder Cameron Dicker steps up, boots it closes it to twenty one thirteen at the half. Free kick successful. Last time this was attempted was in twenty nineteen, I believe by the Panthers. They missed. In fact, no one has made a fair catch free kick in the NFL since Ray Wershing did it for the Chargers back in nineteen seventy six. That's amazing. So Chargers thirty four, Broncos twenty. Both teams are now nine and six.
Speaker 1: Think about that many years since somebody pulled this off and it was the exact same team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. Really cool stuff to get into this week of the NFL Action. We do have some Saturday games this week. Tomorrow at one o'clock, Houston travels to Kansas City and then at four point thirty Pittsburgh in Baltimore. Shot to be a farmer knocker pop o'bob.
Speaker 1: Oh, Yeah, it's gonna be a weekend at football college and pro I know later we're talking college with coach Mark Daniels.
Speaker 2: Well, then we got that coming up here. A couple other notes on the NFL as far as our in state teams go. The Jags will be in Vegas on Sunday to take on the Ravens at four twenty five. Dolphins will be hosting the forty nine Ers at hard Rock Stadium in South Florida, also a four to twenty five kickoff, And the Bucks will be in Dallas, actually Arlington to be accurate, at AT and T Stadium against the Cowboys Sunday night matchup.
Speaker 1: And what was it that Baker was awarded, like the Play of the Week or something like that. I think last week was he? Yeah something, he got some little award for being just a badass. And he's been. He's seriously been kicking ass. Hey, Jags, what's the point of them even playing this weekend? You got to play the games talking? I know, come on, you better lose it. Get the better pick, guys. Come on, all right, let's go over some college stuff here. As Taco alluded to, Mark Daniels, the voice of our UCF nights will go much more in depth coming up as we huddle up with him in the final hour of the show. We got a couple of bowl games today right here in Florida, right here in Orlando in fact, at noon, the Cure Ball Ohio and Jacksonville State. I'm sure Mark will find it interesting that neither of these two teams have their head coaches that were with them during the season, as they have moved on to new gigs. Then at three thirty over in Tampa, the Gasparilla bull it'll be two Lane and the Florida Gators. That couldn't be kind of cool a Friday at that time. Yeah, today, three thirty to be able to this afternoon, wake up from an app and go oh some football.
Speaker 2: Then tonight the first game in the brand new twelve team format of the college football Playoff. It'll be from South Bend, Indiana. The Notre Dame Fighting Irish have Indiana coming in, so it's an all Indiana show tonight, eight o'clock there in South Bend. Ought to be a little bit on the Nipley side, I think, oh my god. Yeah. The other first round playoff games are all tomorrow, starting at noon. SMU will be at Penn State. Four o'clock, Clemson travels to Texas and then the nightcap Tennessee at Ohio State. There are some interesting side stories going on with that. Mark Daniels will elaborate coming up again in the nine o'clock hours. We huddle up with Mark. Over to the NBA. The Magic lose at home last night to the Oklahoma City Thunder one oh five ninety nine was the final Magic. We're making a furious comeback attempt in the fourth quarter, but then the Thunder went on a six point run to kind of ice things.
Speaker 1: And beat them by six.
Speaker 2: But again not to sugarcoat it.
Speaker 1: At least the Magic are playing without some of their key points and still sticking in like that.
Speaker 2: That's good. Next up, the Magic home Saturday nights against the Miami Heats. Hated Heat NHL notes. Tampa Bay Lightning prevailed at home last night three to one over the Saint Louis Blues. Nikita Kucharov had a pair of assists to lead the Lightning to the win. Their next action will be home on Sunday afternoon against the Florida Panthers. So we got in state rivalries this weekend in both the NBA and NHL. I like it. That would be your sports page for the sporting You're not gonna.
Speaker 1: I was gonna, you know what, in honor of the dog, just like this is his little Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 2: He asked me to do it nice propersition j R. R