Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on Boston's Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a tough loss for the for the Red Stars Star. I mean, it's one thing when you get blown out. It's another thing when you battle to the wire. But to have a six to nothing lead and have it disappear, that's not That's one of those losses that you might look back on in September and say, man, that's one we should have won. Anyway, my name's Dan Ray, the host of nights Side. Here we are on a Wednesday night. We have less than an hour left in the month of April. April is an interesting month. It's sort of one of those months that it's kind of a bridge month. It's a bridge from the the waning winter weeks of March to the I think the best weeks and maybe the best month of the year, which is May. So we will we will talk about that, I'm sure at some point later on this week, maybe tomorrow night, by the way, Tomorrow night, just to bring up to date, we will have the WBC car guys, Scott and Larry, or Larry and Scott, father and son. They're the best. They'll answer all your questions about your automotive questions about what you're going to need to do to get your car and tip top driving shape for the summer driving season, and all of that, whether or not to get what flow would you have to get rid of, what flu would you have to replace, all those questions, what your tie, your tie of pressure should be right on down the line. And if you're looking at a new car, or for that matter, or a used car, you run by that, you run that information by Larry and Scott and they will help you out in terms of what you might expect to pay or whether or not what you are intend to pay is more or less than you should pay. So we'll get to all of that, and then tomorrow I will also talk with former state Representative Dave Nagel, who got into a problem gambling problem that he had dealt with since he was a teenager, and he will tell his whole story. He ended up being indicted in federal court for some fraud charges because he used no public funds but his campaign funds, which are private funds, money that he raised for things that he shouldn't have and he was indicted and pled guilty and was sentenced to fifteen months in prison. During the time of COVID. He served seven months, which I wouldn't want to serve seven days, seven hours, but he served seven months, and he'll talk about what he learned and how he has changed, and how he hopes to reclaim his life and contribute again to society. So I'm looking forward to talking with him tomorrow night. I hope all of you are as well, along with the WBC car guys. Now, a couple of things we could continue to talk about these judges who've been arrested in Wisconsin, in Mexico. Every one of the callers during the eleven o'clock news were excellent callers because they listened. I took the time to read the specifics of the charges what these judges are specifically charged with doing. Now you might say, well, you know, I don't think it was that serious, or I think it was really serious. That's fine. So if you want to talk about that, I'll give you a couple of minutes to light the lines up. And if not, I got a couple of other ideas six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty as one number and six nine, three, one ten thirty. All I can do is come up with topics that I hope my audience is interested in. That's what it comes down to, and it's almost like a Petri dish. Every night here on Night Side. Very rarely we had a good hour last hour I was. I thought that we might get two hours out of that. If we don't, we're going to move on. I have a couple of options that I can always use, and I used the option pretty rarely, one of which is an open line option. Very rarely do I go open lines, but sometimes, and I might be convinced tonight might be a good night to do open lines and give you an opportunity to ask anything you want, comment on anything you'd like to talk about. You basically get control of the agenda. Will I don't relinquish the control often. The other issue that I'm thinking of, and this is one that I really would love to hear, what you think. You know, We've gone through so many arguments about public schools, private schools, and we're talking primarily about high schools, but we're also talking about elementary schools and junior high schools and parochial schools, private schools, charter schools. There's a variety of homeschooling, variety of ways in which young peop people can earn their high school diploma and then if they are so inclined, to go on to college. But here's one that I actually was thinking of having this guy's guy on. I'm not sure if I will. His name is Mitch Francis, and his public relations person solicited us. And this is what the public relations person wrote, Hello Dan, with kids headed back to school soon. They've been in school for a few months, but that's okay. Maybe they're talking about after vacations or something like that. Do you need a thought provoking guest with bold ideas about how to fix America's broken public schools? We have Mitch Francis, author of I'm going to say, I'm going to substitute the word but here. Okay, bad butt Solutions. You know what I'm talking you know, you know, a synonym for the word but like your rear end, bad butt solutions of today's big butt problems, to discuss why we should ban private schools to save public schools. It's really interesting. A lot of folks in this country like to believe, like to believe in incrementalism. The left in America is really good. Well, we just get a little tax rate here we'll raise your real estate taxes just a little bit, and we'll wait in two years from now, I'll come back for another increase in taxes. Here in Massachusetts, way we tax the millionaires, We're not going to tax you. We're just going to tax the millionaires extra money. All of that. It's it's it's incrementalism. Okay, we're going to have a few bike lanes in certain parts of the city, and then eventually there are bike lanes everywhere. However, public schools are are failing students across this country, and there's lots of arguments about what needs to be done. Should there be more money spent on public schools, should public schools be different? The charter schools have been very successful, But it seems to me when someone basically says, in order to save public schools, you have to ban private schools, to me, that just shows one how dumb people are. I would call that a dumb butt solution to uh to today's big butt problems. It's a dumb butt solution to say, well, we're going to get rid of the Belmont Hills and the BC Highs and the Catholic Memorials, Roxbury Latin Schools, and Phillips and over all these You know, I could go on and on and on with the private high schools across New England. What what it's it's like if you're on the left, uh, and you believe even something what you want to do is force people to comply take choice away. They're in favor of choice in some in some respects, certainly on their pro choice in terms of a woman's right to choose, but they're they're that that whole concept of choice doesn't quite work in us some other areas. And this is a this is a blatant example, and I thank this author actually for being that blatant to know that there are people out there who want to ban private schools to make everyone go to inferior in many cases, inferior public schools anyway, which you have to pay for. Nonetheless, anyway, go to take a break. I will decide which way we're going to go. But in the meantime, feel free. Got a couple of ideas there. Six one seven, two thirty, six one seven, nine thirty. We'll come right back on nights Side. Right after this.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WBZ Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right. Uh, no one wants to talk about public schools. That's fine, So I will wave the white flag here and we're going to do forty minutes from now the rest of April open lines, whatever subject you want to talk about. We very rarely do this, but I'm giving you every opportunity. You can talk to me about anything you want. You can bring up any issue that you feel is important. You can tell me that I am missing a huge issue that we should be talking about. The lines are wide open six one, seven, two, five, four thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. What I we do here at night is I try to present the thoughts and ideas or the topics to my audience. I know my audience pretty well. I've been doing this for a long time, but very rarely I give you an opportunity to kind of take control of the controls. It's almost like on the pilot, and I'm going to walk back into the first class and coach division of the play and say, would anyone like to fly this thing? It's an automatic pilot up there. You can tell us what you would like to talk about. And I'm particularly interested hearing from some of you who have never called this radio station before, have never called this show before. Let me know what is on your mind. Let me know what topic is of interest to you. What is the pressing in the pressing issue or the most pressing issue in your life. We have here on Night's Side for eighteen years, covered a wide swath of issues, tried to bring you different topics. I do not like to do a program in which we talk about the same issue night after night after night. That's not what Nightside is all about. It is an opportunity for you now to jump on board and let me know what interests you that you've never heard, that you've never talked about here on Nightside. Or if you want to express an opinion. You want to express an opinion about Donald Trump or Joe Biden or whatever, that's fine too. Let's go right to the phone. Is going to give everybody an opportunity. Let me go to Scott and Quincy. Hey, Scott, you're a regular caller. Thank you very much for calling in. This is open Lines, buddy. You you set the agenda. Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was quick. But anyways, Open Lines.
Speaker 4: So one of the things I'd like to ask you about is, you know I listened to b Z all day, every day, okay, And one of the things that.
Speaker 3: Upsets me the most is.
Speaker 4: There is a bill that Mara Healy pushed through under the guise of a quote unquote gun control bill, the Act to Modernize Firearms or some ridiculous name.
Speaker 3: And what it did was.
Speaker 4: So I'm a license owner, you know, with a testol permit, if you have an fi D card, which.
Speaker 3: Is just for long guns.
Speaker 4: I normally hunters have these for their dear rifles and things. And what this bill did was it made it illegal for.
Speaker 3: People who had the FID card.
Speaker 1: To own.
Speaker 4: Semi automatic hunting rifles and shotguns, which are basically a large majority of hunting class weapons.
Speaker 3: Like the Browning eleven hundred.
Speaker 4: And when BZ reports on the pro Second Amendment people trying to get together and we peel the bill, all they say is all the Second Amendment people want to peel this bill that bans ghost guns.
Speaker 3: And creates red fly claws.
Speaker 4: But that's not the case at all. That one of the main aspects of opposing this bill is it basically makes some of the most common commonly available firearms that people depend on owning illegal for the vast majority of licensed gun owners in the Commonwealth to have it literally created a huge class of felons in the state for the stroke of pens, you know, and.
Speaker 2: They understand that. And if I can comment on that, I'd like to just say, as clearly as I can say, blame that. Don't blame the governor. I mean, you can blame the governor if you want that, you have to blame blame the gun owners in the state. And what I mean that's thought, is that elections do have consequences. And what happens in a case of saying, maur Heey, I think that if we sat down with mar Healey, you and me for lunch someday, then said to her, listen to God, he can explain this to you, and if she was inclined, she probably would agree with you. Okay, But that's not the way it works. So what happens is whoever is the governor listens to the people who support that candidate. And when you get a you know, a leftist, a progressive governor like mar Heey in office, people will come into her and say, how do you feel about gun control? Well, I want to cut down the number of people who are killed, you know, kids, whatever, whatever, And so someone draws up legislation. I don't think the governor understands the legislature. She knows the legislation is going to make it more difficult for certain people to have guns, and she sees that as a good thing. But if the gun owners in Massachusetts sit back and allow this to become a one party state, what do you think? What do they think is going to happen?
Speaker 3: Scott, you know, I'm not I'm not I understand.
Speaker 2: Castigating you at all. You you call this program all the time, but I've done shows on the Second Amendment, and you don't hear from the gun orner gunners. There's there's few. There's a guy named Jim Wallace who's really good, and I've had him on the show, but a lot of the guys show yeah and he's and he's good. But a lot of the guys who have guns and our hunters, they're rugged individualists. They don't want to listen to talk radio, they don't want to work for a candidate. They want to get out and do their thing. And they assume that that because they live in Massachusetts, Massachusetts will stay the way it always is. No, it's going to go more and more progressive, and there will be more and more limitations on people's access and ownership of and it doesn't change until you change the political leadership in estate. That's not what you want to hear. That's the truth.
Speaker 3: No, I know.
Speaker 4: But the point of discussion that I was going to try and get to is, you know, the newsreaders and the copywriters when they do these news spots about the Second Amendment people trying to overturn the bill, they just say, oh, ghost guns and red flag laws. They don't say and oh, by the way, the Second Amendment. People are opposing this because of what it does for restrictions on I mean, automatic hunting rifles. Why are the newswriters like they're so by it?
Speaker 2: As that question for you. The answer to the question is painfully obvious. The newswriters are writing stories that go twenty seconds thirty seconds max. That's just the way what newswriters write. They're not writing in depth reports you've heard you didn't listen to the Hour Last Hour, I assume, but I advance, Okay, I read very specifically what the judges, the judges in Wisconsin and New Mexico are alleged to have done. I had listened all week long to the news stations and to TV stations. Look at the evening news, it's a minute and a half. Let's go here. They're all talking in hand. Okay, they don't have the time. The people, the consultants for TV have said, look, gotta get them quick, gotta give them plenty of stories. It's look, it just it's it's axiomatic, Scott. What would you need is a talk show like this that will actually layout chapter and verse on this topic or on the topics of the judges, so people understand that last hour, everyone agreed with me because I took the time to read it and explain it. That's what a talk show does. But all these these these these gun owners, these Second Amendment guys, when was the last time they took the time to call a talk show and say, hey, you know what, I think that it's a good idea that that we become a two party state, that we elect some and we have some balance of the legislation. You have no balance. And as long as you have no balance, certain certain groups of people are going to always be their rights are going to be diminished. And you have identified the problem. I have identified a solution.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I thought those judges, I think those judges should go to jail.
Speaker 3: That was a great segment.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. I'm always willing to talk talk to you buddies, you your gun, your your your gun owners. I believe in the Second Amendment. I think I want people to have the right to bear arms. I believe that's what the Constitution says. But there are people who say no. They It's like the person who wants to be in private schools. The way to save public schools is to get rid of the competition. Make everybody go to private go to public schools. Brilliant, what a stupid idea.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: And all I'm saying is as we talk about here at nightside, and if people don't want to talk about it, that's fine. That's that's their choice. If gun owners are out there and they want to have me do something on gun ownership, I have. But I think most gun owners are rugged individual individualists who want to go to the woods and hunt. They don't want to talk to me, they don't want to talk to the audience. And when they lose their rights, they can look in the mirror. They don't have to blame Governor Heally. Governor Heally is doing what instinctively she believes is correct, with the assistance of lawyers and advisors who will write legislation which will which will diminish your your freedoms.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I'll do the best I can to be that voice you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you will. You were voiced tonight. I hope some people woke up and listen tonight. We'll see what happens. They can call me during the day and they can suggest topics at night. Always interested. Thank you, Scott. All right, well, talk to you later six seven thirty. You can't be defeatists, but you have to recognize reality. The first the first step of the road to success is recognize reality. And what I just told Scott is reality. People aren't going to want to hear it, but that's okay, that's reality. We'll be back on Nightside right after this. Feel free to join. I'd love to hear from some first time callers as well. What would you like to hear on Nightside? Coming right back.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w B Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get back to the phones. We have full lines. Let's see what people have to say. That's what this is all about. Jamie and Worcester. Jamie, next time nights take go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Hey are you doing Dan?
Speaker 2: Good? Jamie? What's your your question or comment?
Speaker 6: Well, this open, open talk, Yes, sir, Mike was perfect time for me because I wanted to know.
Speaker 5: I go back and forth between you and sports. I listened to sports information, sure, and I listening to the dominating thing on the news this whole week in that category has been Bill Belichick and his book and that girl that's interfering, that's interfering with everything. I don't know if you've been following that.
Speaker 2: I have, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 5: And what was your reaction.
Speaker 7: To her being there at the interview and then that post that came out recently on Instagram, I mean on x that had worries that on Belichick Lake.
Speaker 2: Well, he's public he's publicizing his book, so he's going to do national network interviews and he's going to try to do it on his terms. She is there, uh, and in a role I guess. He says that not only is she a close personal friend, but she's also sort of his protector or guru or guidance or whatever.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that's that's always the struggle when people are trying to sell a book. Most of the people do I interview here on Night Side. They have a cause separate and apart from themselves and selling the book. Uh. You know, tonight we talked with an author who had talked about anxiety and how to overcome anxiety. Yeah, they want to sell the book, but they don't have the big name that Bill Belichick does. So Belichick has the name. It's like when people interview an ex president, you know, Barack Obama. The leverage that the author has is greater than the interviewer, and they sacrifice some of their independence. And clearly they sacrificed. Was it I think it was CBS sacrifice some of their independence with Belichick. And Belichick is a guy. Look, we've watched them at press conferences.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Used to ask, you know, coach, what happened the Patriots lost today? How did that happen?
Speaker 3: The team?
Speaker 2: The other team scored more points? Next question?
Speaker 3: You know, I mean what puzzled?
Speaker 6: Like she'd kept jumping into the conversation like she wanted to be a part of it. And it's Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: You and well, unless Bill Belichick was going to say to his to his you know, his closest friend there a new friend, Hey, look I can handle this. Please just sit there and be quiet, He's not gonna do that. So you got to understand as a reporter of the dynamic in which you're in, and this is a woman who has tremendous influence over Bill Belichick, and Bill Belichick probably likes it that way because as opposed to getting sitting there being grilled about his personal life, she piped She just pipes up and says, we're not answering that. I mean, right, brilliant. He got all the publicity for the book. Plus it was brilliant when you look about it. Everybody's gonna read want to read the book now, even though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because what a lot of the pundits were doing, we're like lost that words. The sports pundits are lost that words because they're like, how is she controlling his relationships? He's only twenty three and he's like nine years difference and stuff like that, and what happens to Bill Belichick? We knew and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you, when you're seventy three and you've been through a couple of marriages and you have a twenty three year old girlfriend. You think you're gonna listen to Yeah, I think so. Yeah, in my opinion, it's all leverage, baby. In my opinion, Jamie, do me your favor. Listen, listen more than Nights Side, and we'll we'll incorporate more sports. A lot of the sports talk is really uh, well, the Celtics go to win. You, I think the Celts are to win. The Celtics w and win because you know where they gonna win. They go to school more points than the Magic and plus you think the Celtics grew better team. What do you think? Well, I agree with you. I think the Celtics are a better team and they should win. Yeah, you're wasting your time listening to sports talk.
Speaker 5: Come on you, spiking mad. I listened to those stations.
Speaker 7: I get mad because, like I said, I'm a big Celtic fan, and they never give Teenn any credit.
Speaker 5: It's always all he's soft.
Speaker 2: Listen listen to my show, and you know I feel whenever I flip on sports radio, I feel sometimes brain cells dying.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The only reason I listened to it is for the information.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Really, Well, you called me, I'll give you all the information you need. Trust me on that one. Okay, uh yeah good. Someone once said that sports talk is like toys in the attic, you know if you want to. And I know my sports talk pals are going to disagree with me, but come on, you know they're not talking about the national debt, they're not talking about tariffs.
Speaker 5: They want to make a name for themselves. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and be outrageous. I'm interested in I'm really interested in talking about issues that affect your life and affect your kid's life. And I want to make you think. I don't think there's too many sports guys out there who really I listened.
Speaker 6: To, Like now that you said that, I listen to different sports people that interview and they're trying to show up the guests like not like you would never do that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we have good conversations. It's just a whole different thing. Okay, it's you know, it's like, if you know, I'm not NPR here, I don't run this show like NPR. I'm not challenging everybody with big words. I want to have a conversation that people can enjoy. I pattern it off of North America's back porch. Let me tell you, you want to talk sports, sometimes I can talk I can talk sports. Anybody who knows me personally knows I can talk sports. Okay, I played I played sports. I represented professional athletes in my in my law practice. I was never a super duper big agent with one hundred clients because you can't serve the interest of one hundred people simultaneously. Jamie, I gotta run love your calls me. I keep listening to Nightside. Thank you say out in my sports bells when you talk to them. Let's keep rolling here, Gonna go to Eddie and Rosendale. Eddie, welcome, You're next on Nightside.
Speaker 11: How are we doing?
Speaker 2: I think we're doing okay, But you'd be a better judge of that than me.
Speaker 8: Ed.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 11: Well, just two things real quick, so under judges, I agree with you one hundred and ten percent, but I just want to add something and it's my own opinion, you know it's that's one perfect example as to why the Democratic Party lass yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right. I mean, you're not going to get a break if all of a sudden you get, you get, you get a problem, and you're in court, no judges coming off the bench and saying, hey, Eddie, let me slip you off the back door. You know the best. Maybe it's happened to you, but I don't think so.
Speaker 11: And all right, and then the other subject I want to bring up. You know, the marathon was over a week ago, and one of the things that people forget. You know, I may not agree with a lot of the stuff that Trump is doing, but I also agree with a lot of the things I used to doing. Yeah, one of the things that I agree with, he's keeping America safe. And what people forget is that. And again my personal opinion, if he was president during the time with the bombers, the Boston bombers, I don't think that would ever happen.
Speaker 2: I would hope not, you know, I would hope not. I think we fell asleep at the switch. The thing about the Boston the Boston bombers is that we after the Boston bombers. You know, we had the Boston Bombers, but before that, we had nine to eleven and we had the first attempt for the Remember they blew a truck up to try to bring down the World Trade Center and I think it was ninety four.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean they were out there, we knew they were out there. Where were our intelligence There was a there was an FBI woman, I forget her name, who was out in Minneapolis, and she knew that some of those guys were out there taking plane lessons at some of these airports. And they didn't want to know how to land. They didn't want to know how to take off. All they wanted to know was when you're up in the air, how do I fly the plane? Now? Do you think she tried to push that up the ladder within the FBI and it never went up the ladder, But you would think that any law enforcement person, And credit to her, she she yelled and she screamed, and no one listened. No one listened, No one listened.
Speaker 11: And that's why I think he's doing a better job trying to keep America safe.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope, so, I hope. So. I think closing the border has been a big success. And look, I'm not a huge Donald Trump guy. You probably if you listen to my show, you know I'm not in lockstep. I think that I think that, Yeah, I think that I think that this whole conversation about making Canada the fifty first state, we're going to take over Greenland. That's crazy talk. Why you wasted your time, why you wasted your political capital? Be like me saying, you know what I want to do. I haven't played baseball in about fifty years competitively, but I want to pitch for the Red Sox this summer. You know, you know, you'd say, what are you nuts?
Speaker 11: So it's almost like when Michael Jordan went to go play baseball, right, yeah, yeah, no, no, because you refresh my memories.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 11: The bust of bombers. Were they illegal immigrants or did they come through.
Speaker 12: The right way.
Speaker 2: I believe they came the proper way. They were getting all sorts of benefits. They were in public housing, they were on food stamps. The bomber number two became a US citizen the Labor Day, the September before the bombing in April of twenty fifteen. He was a US citizen. His brother wasn't a US citizen, but he was a US citizen when he planted those bombs.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, and then one of them. So the tracks when he visited, you know, he went to I forgot where.
Speaker 2: He went Aagistan, Gagistan pat as bad part of the world, bad part of the world. Eddie, thank you for calling being giving you a more frequent caller.
Speaker 11: Okay, definitely, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks, I appreciate you called. Good input quick break. Coming back on nights, I will get everybody, and I promise.
Speaker 1: It's Night's Eye with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: I got full line is going to try to get everybody in. So we're gonna have to tighten up just a little bit. Let me go to Glenn and Bright and Glenn next one nights. I go, right, Hey, Glenn.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I told Rob I'm glad to talk about public schools. I once defended him. I don't anymore after after listening to Denish de Suza, who I want to thank for changing my poetical from west or Right. Okay, uh, yeah, I know I won't mention names or places, but I know a woman public school teacher that goes to my church. He not only wants to be in charter schools, magnet schools and private schools, wants to ban home schools.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that? Sure? Because they they they realize they are the people are walking away from public schools, and that's not a good thing. I believe in public schools, but I think public schools have to get a little more, have to get better, They have to get more innovative, They have to produce a better product. They need competition. Competition makes you better, as simple as that.
Speaker 10: Well, they need to educate as opposed to indoctrinate.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true too. Yeah, I mean I think people are getting sick of that as well.
Speaker 10: Well, that's the thing. Like I, of course, I wise do up to her. I said, oh, you mean you don't you want home schools to tell their five year old kids they can be any gender they want. I said yeah, and she goes, I can have this discussion, and she never spoke to me. Again, I don't care if she does.
Speaker 2: That's an open minded that's an open minded liberal or progressive. Liberals are a Liberals are good people. Liberals they used to be. Well, I think again, you got to draw distinctions between liberals and progressives. Okay. I have a lot of friends of mine, including Harvey Silverglight, who classify themselves as liberals. But once you get and you start dealing with what I call the progressives, some of them are pretty much out there, and unfortunately it's difficult to have a conversation. I love having folks on with different points of view. I wish I had more of those conversations. I had a guest on last week, Dan Delaney, who he was the fellow who favors getting rid of life without parole. You know, that was that was our story last Friday night at nine o'clock. He was a gentleman. I couldn't couldn't disagree with him more, but he was pleasant to talk to and he had a point of view that he defended as best he could. And we had a good conversation that night.
Speaker 10: So yeah, one of my favorite liberals is Seth Moulton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Seth is a great guy.
Speaker 10: Sethings were all like him, definitely.
Speaker 2: And Seth they wanted to chop his head off for another part of the academy when when he said that he didn't want his young girls playing, you know, against biological boys, you know, in high school sports. All right, Glenn, I got a roll here, I got full lines. I got to get everybody in. Okay, man, we'll talk to my pleasure. My pleasure will do it more. Trust me. Okay, as long as people like it. Next up, we're gonna go Patrick in DC. Hey, Patrick, welcome back. How are you well.
Speaker 13: I good to be able to speak with you and good to be able to listen. And as we've talked about the Second Amendment real quick, you know, additionally, twenty seven words in that Second Amendment, it's the twenty seven powerful world words, you know, those second amount of people. They only had twenty seven words.
Speaker 2: That's it, right, But then that that Amendment has been you know, modified, you know, by statutes forever, it's been defended, but not not as efficiently or as effectively as it should. In your honor here, I'm going to read it in its entirety if I can take that time. Second Amendment, right to bear arms a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state. The right of the people to keep in bare arms shall not be infringed. There's been a lot of infringement going on over the years their Patrick, that's true.
Speaker 13: And then you know when we talk, when you think about, you know, what would I like to you know here on nights side, and if I had the luxury of not having to decide that, I'm not going to give that up.
Speaker 12: Hey, I get to have my mind stimulated.
Speaker 13: I'm not giving that up at all. So if you look back at at public schools and now that we are talking about radio and you know, ban the consultants, that's for sure, I would be wearing that button. I would be wearing that button. When you go to Jordan's Rich's book and about his wife, you know, I wonder if nowadays that Jordan rich could be developed all on his own, you know, to have that drive that I can do it, I can do it, I can do it, you know, and go down there and do it. And I think of public schools. I look at the timing, you know, and Jordan Riches doesn't have timing. I look at timing and I think, well, you know, politics is so much about timing, and I'm just thinking, why don't we rearrange the school year.
Speaker 12: Do it this way.
Speaker 13: Come the end of December, that's the end of the year.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 13: Either you can kind of graduate or whatever. That's the end of the year. And the new year starts at January. So you get off running in January, go to the summer. If you're not doing well there in the first half of the year, you have all summer to study and catch up and then come back in September with a roaring success and go into it. And so this way you don't have that break, and at Christmas time the parents can help the kids get ready for their new year.
Speaker 2: So that's a radical idea. But I think that's one that we should talk about some night. I'm gonna I'm gonna steal that idea and maybe talk about that something. I don't see what people think. I think that's very, very creative, simple as that, Patrick, with a great idea. I'm gonna let you go. Thank you much as always, We'll talk soon. Okay, thanks buddy, appreciate it. You have a great name. Real quickly here, I'm gonna get Tim and Wilber and Tim, I got three behind you. Help me out, will you?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 14: The marathon bombers right, yep. Anyhow, I was brought up wrong with Chavick, caught white from wrong his son concern letting them keep living is not right.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I'm with you. One of them's already gone on to his paradise or wherever, uh, and I think we should we should allow his brother to join him as soon as possible. We should expedise.
Speaker 14: I agree with you. Yeah, it's not it's not right at all. Yeah, I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 2: Well, well we'll continue to talk about it. We had a good, good hour on that earlier tonight. We could have done more on it, but we had a good hour. Thank you man. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 10: Thanks Jim, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I should do open lines more up and we get more calls than I have. Let me go, Jim, Jim, you were next on nice That go ahead, Jim. Just me yes, sir, Jim, that me in.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, Dan, very quickly. This may be a topic for another night. Yeah, we can find if we can find an expert on it. But one thing, and it hasn't come up for a while, but I still feel like we're being gouged on prices by distributors of these pinklomerate food like the ConAgra, and also by a grocery and view tailors. And one evidence I'll present for it. You know, all the prices in with ninety nine cents, So do you think they're rounding down for a loss of fifty cents per item or are they rounding up? And if they're rounding up for an average up charge, but fifty cents per item. That's like one thousand dollars per day per store.
Speaker 2: Now, I think what they're doing is they try. If they charge you nine to ninety nine, Psycho watching you think it's less than ten dollars, that's I suspect that does.
Speaker 8: But really the price, really, the price should be nine seventy three.
Speaker 2: The price is what people will pay for, Jim. That's what it comes down to, whatever you sell. The one good thing that's going on right now oil drop today. Price of gasoline is going to be going down. And that's gonna.
Speaker 8: If you could find and neck, if you could find somebody an insider on that that could could tell us how exactly how they all the prices are rounded to do they round them up? And so on?
Speaker 2: Okay, and you know what, if you want to suggest a guess to me on that one, I'd appreciate it as well. Thanks Bell. Gotta go all right, all right, good night, Let's go to Steve in Providence, Rhode Island. Steve, you gotta get you in and maybe one more go ahead, Steve.
Speaker 12: Ah, Yes, I will do this as quickly as possible. Well, because I know you're pressed. I wanted to echo the person that called from Quinsey about the Second Amendment. And I guess a good suggestion for a show was to actually get Jim Wallace and hopefully someone like the governor there or God forbid day.
Speaker 2: Well, I could get Jim Wallace, but I got to tell you the average gun owner, I don't hear gun owners calling the show much anymore. To be really honest with you, I think that they feel that they're set upon and they have to get involved politically, as simple as that. Hey, Steve, I'm flat out of time, so I got to let you run. Okay, Thank you much, appreciate it. All right, good calls a couple of folks in the line, including Christine. I'm sorry, we're flat out of time, got a call earlier. I'll end tonight as always, back tomorrow night. We've got a great show Tomorrow night. Rob Brooks, thank you, Mariita, thank you. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's what I heell. Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago. That's all your pets are who they loved you, and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See you again tomorrow night or nights out, I'll be on Facebook at nightside with Dan Ray in a couple of minutes. Have a great Thursday, everybody