Speaker 1: Phoning in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 3: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record.
Speaker 1: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here. He is the host of your LA Clippers free and postgame at follow Adam a Adam Osley.
Speaker 2: Well Splash Mountain closed down and closed down the Clippers late they lose in Milwaukee to Brook Lopez and the Bucks one sixteen to one ten. I'm Adam Oslin's and welcome into Clippers Talk. Coming up. We'll get your phone calls at eighty six six ninety seven two seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy looking for postgame audio from Coach Lo and the players. Also, but while we have a moment, let's pause ten seconds for station identification on your Los Angeles Clippers Alredo a network at A five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is LA Clippers Basketball AM five seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit frustrated with this lost. Guys, if I'm being honest with you and I am here, beats a Zubots does not get a shot in the fourth quarter. I brought it up during the broadcast, was talking about late in the fourth quarter how James Harden and Kawhi were being doubled at times and they found Chris Dunn for an open floater and he can make that shot, missed it. It's just amazing to me, though, how often it beats A Zubots does not get featured. Who had a really good game, who was a big part of the reason they had the nine point lead heading into the fourth quarter. He finished with twenty and fifteen. But as I was looking at the stats from quarter to quarter, let's see here, into the third quarter, meats zoo Bots is eight of thirteen from the field. Into the fourth quarter, he's eight of thirteen from the field. He didn't get a shot. It's just wild to me. How many times have I come on this show and teased out my long awaited forgot about Dre forgot about Zoo parody song? They forgot about Zoo again. Points were hard to come by and they couldn't find Zoo. I'm not saying the Milwaukee Bucks were letting them just dump it into a Viata zoo bots easily. But come on, you're struggling out there scoring wise. You gotta get Aviata Zoobots involved some and it just keeps happening. I don't, I don't is it ever gonna change? Like, what does he have to do? How many times do you have to dunk on Brook Lopez to get the ball on the block. He's a good passer out of the short roll. There's there are so many different ways to get a beat of Zubas to the basketball, and he played about seven minutes in the fourth quarter and you don't get one shot up. I'm really just pointed the Clippers should have won that game that follow out of may As. I just put out a tweet that said, how does Zubas not get a shot in the fourth How does this keep happening? Like, sure, it's easy to say that without reviewing the tape. But I see other guys that get to force up shots, that get to take tough shots. I see other guys that the Clippers are willing to ride or die with. Zubots needs to be one of them. Aviatza Zubots has to be featured more in a game like this, especially because the level of physicality against the Milwaukee Bucks. The Clippers went from being up thirteen with ten to fifty five left in the ballgame in the fourth quarter after a great feed from Bogey to Ben Simmons. Bogie had a couple of really nice passes down the stretch of this one who got the layup to Janis just going off. He had I think ten of their twelve points over a section of time in that fourth quarter, and that's just you, honest, There's not much you can do. I wonder if he was a little bit more fired up after he got into it, would James Harden for a second or an inbounds play where Harden was trying to battle him for position and Joanness was kind of batting his hand down, but we knew he was on a minis restriction and with as good as he was making shot after shot and Kawhi heitting a big three pointer to still have the Clippers up ninety eight to eighty six with eight fifty nine left. You have to close out that game. You have to win that game. When Giannis is only going to play the first six minutes and I don't even think he played that of the fourth quarter on the minister restriction and you're up twelve, you have to win that game. That's why I'm frustrated. So how did they do it? How did the Milwaukee Bucks end up winning a game like this where they don't have Giannis the last I think six minutes and twenty seven seconds when aj Green came in for him and the Clippers are still up by five at one on one to ninety six. Well, first, Dame gets filed on three hits all three. That was a theme. They took fifteen free throws in the fourth. Dame took ten of them. Kuzma gets fouled on an an one after a bad turnover. James Harden looking for a beats his zubox. At least he was looking for him, but it was not a good pass. Dame took it away. Kuzma got fouled by James in transition. He would actually miss the free throw. But it's one oh one all just quick five zero run by them. Now make it an eight ozhero run a splash. Mountain was up and running, with Brook Lopez knocking down a huge three pointer off a pass from Dame. Chris Dunn, who's hit I think six of his last seven from three after being in a woeful slump, did answer tie game at one o four, And now you just go through this stretch where nobody can score for almost two minutes from the four to fifty one mark with them tied at one oh four of the fourth quarter till the three to oh three mark. Nobody scored until brook Lopez got the end one where a mere Coffee was once again the guilty party committing the foul that put him up by seven. Excuse me, one oh seven, one oh four by three. Chris Dunn would then miss that floater. It was a good look. He needed to make it. He knows it. He was kicking his but afterwards. But then a Mere fouled Dame on the other end again on a three pointer. So three consequential fouls by a mere Coffee that really hurt him. He'll bounce back from it. Wasn't his best game. He got the start, no Norman Powell, but that's not why the Clippers lost this game. Milwaukee didn't have Bobby Portis and they had Dame and Giannis on a minutes restriction, you're up thirteen early in the fourth win the game. This is a no excuses type of loss for me and a bad one for the Clippers to start off the post All Star break, to start off this. Now six games left on this initially eight game road trip, and I thought they were gonna win it. I thought for sure they were gonna pull went out. I thought Kawhi was gonna give him a little bit more in the fourth quarter. In Game five, he got subbed out, He came back in, then he got subbed out again. Late Bogey came in and played well. If you're looking for a bright spot, that three he hit over Splash Mountain was incredible. I joked he had to get on top of the matterhorn to knock down that three over Splash Mountain like it was an insane shot that they originally called along too. But I mean, you start off the fourth quarter, Kawhi fade away, they're up eleven, and you get up thirteen after that Ben Simmons layout, what a feed from Boge, by the way, but then Giannis gets to the free throw line. Sign of things to come. I said early on the fourth quarter, the key is defend without fouling. They couldn't. In fact, they were in the bonus round the eight minute mark the Milwaukee Bucks. So I understand to some degree the freak out and the sky is falling reaction from Clippers fans. You're passionate, and this was a game they should have won. I agree with you. Absolutely should have won this game. They couldn't get enough stops, and they couldn't execute on offense, and somehow, even without Yannis playing the majority of the fourth quarter, they lost a game where they were up by thirteen in the fourth final score one sixteen, one ten in favor of the Bucks. We'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. I'm Madame Moslin, and you're listening to Clippers sock here on the N five seven other sports.
Speaker 3: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 1: You're listening to LA Clippers basketball free ball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 2: All right, I got some good news, Coach lu said postgame. Kawhi Leonard was fine. He just ran out of minutes, just like Giannis did. Clippers still lose to a Yannis less team in the last six minutes of the game one sixteen to one ten as the Bucks stepped up made big plays. The block that brook Lopez had on Kawhi to start the fourth quarter was impressive. Then I want to say he had another one, the Brookie Monster, and it was against Bogie in the fourth. He stepped up, he carried, but the Clippers had every opportunity to win that game. I know some of you guys are focusing in on why was a mere Coffee in and playing that many minutes. Well, traditionally a mere Coffee has been very good when he's filled in in the starting lineup. He had a bad game. He had some bad fouls at inopportune times. He still had a couple of plays in transition that were incredible. It wasn't all bad. He had a couple of defensive possessions against Giannis that were incredible. He caused a turnover. Would you have gone with more? Done more DJ who I think only ended up playing. Let me see what Derek Jones Junior was at in this game coming off the bench to twenty minutes. Yeah, those are fair arguments. I suppose he wasn't minus ten in his twenty minutes, but one game sample size. You could play Ben Simmons more. But I don't like the Ben Simmons look next to him eats the Zubats. I didn't think i'd like it, and I haven't liked it so far. In fact, there was a play before Ben Simmons came out in the fourth quarter where he had the basketball and Milwaukee was just daring him to shoot. And so there you are again playing four on five on offense. Same issue you'd have with Russ at times. Now Ben's not going to force the shots like Russ. And I thought he was solid out there in the ballgame. He was three of three, four assists, zero turnovers. He's better at taking care of the basketball and also not forcing bad passes. But right after that, Ben Simmons came out of the game, and I thought it was the right move. In the fourth quarter, there was a challenge that also didn't go their way on an out of bounds call. Clippers lost that one. I just think that any had more from James Harden or Kawhi in the fourth when he was out there. Harden ended up with I want to see how many points he ended up having in the fourth that one turnover I know was bad where they got the runout in the and one for Kuzma, but he missed the free throw. It was and overall, James Harden has had far too many lacks of days a cool turnovers in fourth quarters this season, Like it is dangerously close to him being a one to one ratio assist a turnover ratio in fourth quarters this season. For James Harden, it's been bad. He only had two turnovers, but one came in a really bad time and he had twenty one points entering the fourth, so three points total in the fourth quarter. He also missed a free throw without the time. Ooh, that could come back to bite him now. Milwaukee missed a couple two they went twelve to fifteen. Yes, they attempted fifteen free throws in the fourth quarter alone. Dame's crafty too, he can draw those fouls on three pointers. He guess your handcutt in the cookies jar like a mere coffees did. Again of Easta Zubots being left out is the probably the biggest story to me, being left out, frozen out, whatever you want to say. Just he was not featured at all, no features in the fourth quarter. Really disappointing, upsetting because it's been a for me. This has been a theme for years. I've been saying for years, there's an easier way to win ball games, get it to Big Zoo, and they haven't done it. Now this season, there's really no excuse with the opportunity he should have. Paul George is gone, Norm Powell wasn't playing tonight. Zoo's got twenty and fifteen damn near out playing Giannis and brook Lopez. At times, Jannis had to intentionally foul him when Zoo was on the left block. You just said, no, Moss, I'm just gonna intentionally foul. I don't want this smoke. Are you kidding? And that guy doesn't get a shot in the fourth quarter. Demetrius, You're a Clippers talk without a masl who's getting himself very much worked up to the point that I'm talking in third person. What's up, Demetrius?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Adam? I feel your frustration, Trust me, I feel how you feel. I mean, basically you're speaking to the choir. With everything you just mentioned about Zuba, I'm very disappointing. Just the overall loss was devastating, very very devastating loss that they should have never lost this game. It's this inexcusable. It's really it's heartbreaking to see that they lost the game with Damian Lennard and in Yannis on the restriction. On top of that, you know, we played solid defense in the third but I'm solid.
Speaker 2: That was some of the best defense I've seen all season. In the third quarter. They created ten turnovers on Milwaukee. That was some incredible defense by them. Demitrius, I really wanted them to pull it out because that would have been my number one talking point. That was one of the best quarters of the season.
Speaker 4: That is correct, and so and you know, it was just frustrating that And listen, you know, as bad as I want to see, you know, I hate to say this, but you know, you know, the players got to go out there perform, but you know, the coaches also got to put plays, you know, in there for them to perform. I thought that it was a lack luxter for them not to have Zubac in the game. He played a solid game. Twenty fifteen will take that all day, and it ain't get a shot in the fourth quarter. So sometimes you know, you live by the sword, you die by the sward, and I think the fact that this Clipper team got to understand that in order for us to win and we need everybody on board. It's not like the you know, you need everybody on board for this team to go far. And Zubacca's got to be the centerpiece of this. I'm telling he makes it more easier for everybody. The spacing has it was great, and he showed everybody that he can play against Gianni's, he can play against any center. Matter of fact, I got him at top three. I made, you know, top three center this year. I mean it may be a little bit far since, but I don't think so.
Speaker 2: He's at least I would say he's for sure top seven based upon the list that I made about a month ago, going through every center season, he's at worse the seventh best center in the league.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean I've seen some good things out of him defensively. The reason why I said between three and five because defensively he has awakened. But again, Adam, you know, my energy is a little low. I'm just I'm I'm crushed by the devastation loss tonight, and a loss like this will do two things. Either mentally, it will break you down or you know, physically, you would just you know, be angry at the world the next day. And it's just showing that in the scorebox. So you know, again, you know what else can we really say to anyone that's angry. I mean, they have a right to be angry. But again, this was not just a lack of the team disciplined in the fourth quarter, but you also got to put some of it on the coaches as well. Adam, thank you for taking a call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's blame to go around. I appreciate you, Demetrius making me feel a little bit better. The Clippers ended up with in that fourth quarter five of their fourteen turnovers. Now I know what y'all are thinking, and he might be right. Oh I didn't notice this earlier. Yeah, James Harden ended up with five turnovers. How many of those five were James Harden's So he had three of their five turnovers in the fourth quarter, Like, he's gotta be better than that, coach, lou Here's the thing, I don't know what he told them, Like one of those turnovers came off of James Harden trying to find a Vista zubas By the way that should be mentioned. I don't know if it's on the players or on the coach when it comes to not getting a Visa Zubos shot in the fourth quarter more because I don't know what he told him.
Speaker 1: But it is.
Speaker 2: Really becoming a sore spot for me in losses where how many times have I come on here and had to say, why isn't a Vita Zubas getting the ball? Bar reward him? The guy blocked Dame on a three pointer on the pro editor blocked him at the ram too. Was just a complete badass out there. You can't keep doing this. You're not going to win. Demetrius is right. If you don't get Big Zoo involved, you're lowering your ceiling ultimately as a team and how far you can go. He's that good, He's that important. Clippers lose one sixteen to one ten, inexplicably after being up by thirteen in the fourth quarter in Milwaukee to a team that didn't even have be honest the last six and a half minutes of the game. Or Clippers sock next here on mPire seven LA Sports.
Speaker 3: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 1: You're listening to LA Clippers basketball free ball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 2: Clippers are up twelve with eight p fifty left in the fourth quarter. Is going out of the game in the next two minutes. He's hitting his minutes limit, and you lose and get out scored thirty to nine the rest of the way before Bogie hits that three over Brook Lopez, which ended up being too little, too late. Yeah, Clippers lose one, sixteen to one ten in Milwaukee. The good news is there haven't been many of these miserable losses this season where you felt like you had the game in hand and were in complete control and had zero excuse to lose that game. There haven't been many, but this is one I'll remember, and it's a miserable way obviously, to start off after the All Star Break. I wanted to see them carry some momentum over from that Jazz game and something else that keeps happening. I talked about it a little bit again. Teams continue to knock down threes against the Clippers early. This was the fourth straight game, said Carlo Jimenez that teams have hit at least five threes in the first quarter. I think Milwaukee had seven and twelve in the first half. They only had five in the second half, but they had three timely ones, not to mention all the free throws from being fouled on threes from Dame in the fourth Dame hits a three, Brook hits a three, Toy and Prince hits a three and Dame gets fouled on two three pointers in the fourth quarter. So even though they only had five many threes in the second half after seven in the first quarter by Milwaukee, they hit timely ones. Clippers didn't not enough of them, didn't feature Big Zoo And like, if you if the problem is they can't get the ball into him, then they got issues. I've seen this before against Houston where they had trouble game in the basketball when teams doubl or goes small against, it beats a zoobots and it turns into turnovers, lazy passes. I'd have to review the tape again. But if that's happening, that's still not a good enough excuse to me. Figure it out. Swing the ball around the perimeter and find the opening to get Big zoof the basketball on the block. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back, we'll close things out, Clippers lose in Milwaukee, won sixteen to one, ten and dropped thirty one and twenty four on the season. You're listening to Clippers Hocke here on the M five to seventy LA Sports. Damn It Canada.
Speaker 3: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 1: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball Free Ball. Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 2: Clipper in Asia. I know a lot of you are going after a mere Coffee for this one, but let's be real. How many times has a coffee got the spots start out of necessity with an injury and showed up and played great. He had an off game, he had a bad game. Could they have taken him out? Could they have gone back to DJ who wasn't having a great game either? Sure there were options. There's a lot of blame to go around in this one. You lose a game where you're up thirteen early in the fourth, you're up twelve with eight to fifty left in the game. A lot of people you can point fingers at, but it comes down to not being able to defend without fouling and not taking care of business against a Milwaukee Bucks team. That didn't have You're honest for the last six and a half minutes and Big Zoo not getting a shot up in the fourth to me, Clippers have to respond. Sunday, they'll be in Indiana taken on the Pacers tip time at two, pre game at one. Of course, Clipper stoff does not stop over the next two days. I'll be reviewing the postgame audio from Coach Lou tomorrow on Clippers Talk right back here. I'm gonna be stewing about this one, probably all night before we get out of here. I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Ryan Seeman, Noah Eagle, the Golden Dagger, Carlo Jumenez, alreat call Bro, big Brother, Jake Warner, miss you, Bro. Good to see Daniel West our producer back here in the studios. Appreciate you studios. A Burbank appreciates you chat, Appreciate the calls. I'm sorry Jose and Downey. I wasn't able to get to you call in on Sunday. I'm ouda Maslin. We will talk to you. Then.
Speaker 1: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season, long after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive
Speaker 1: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast spec she'll offer editions Clippers Talk Baby,