Speaker 1: And this episode COLLECTSI.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys, Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode seventeen and talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun.
Speaker 4: Yes, it sure will be.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 3: Thebbluepodcast dot com, our email address Blue Podcasts at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month. And a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They really are awesome. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching Calypso clip side.
Speaker 1: Can please have a name from my village?
Speaker 5: Well, let's have a.
Speaker 2: Look, Stella. Could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this episode, all the.
Speaker 3: Kids were at the school and Calypso was telling them the story, and she was using these little characters and kind of acting out the story with backdrops and props and everything. And after she told her story, all the kids went to go and play at their own areas. Honey decided to go and build a village, Louie decided to go and start a shop, and all the other kids are doing.
Speaker 2: Their other things except for Pretzel. He didn't know what to do. He was tired and bored and didn't feel like doing much of anything, so he laid down on a rug right behind Calypso's desk. She was singing a really cool song. She has a very pretty voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah she does. It's very nice to listen to.
Speaker 2: Soothing to hear her voice. A few other times in the course of blooey episodes and it's pretty great. Honey wants a gnome for her village, Amanda, what's happening there.
Speaker 4: Honey goes to Calypso and asks for a nome for her village, and Calypso says, well, let's go take a look at your village first. They go over to where Honey has been building, and really there's not a whole lot going on just yet. She has a tree and one other thing there. Calypso explains to her that if she has a nome, the gnome is going to need someplace to sleep, so she should go ahead and build a place for the nome to sleep first, and she'll come back later and check on her progress. And then Calypso takes off to go check on the others.
Speaker 2: I was kind of curious, is why Calypso was busting her chops, like, no, you can't have this toy unless you build this better. But we see later kind of what her motivation was. But did it strike you as odd?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It did, because it seemed like even though Honey didn't have that much out there just yet, you know, she wasn't least trying.
Speaker 2: Henry Calypso goes to check on Bluie. What is she doing?
Speaker 3: Bluuie is running her fish and chips shop, but it's just chips. They're all out fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think that you could have a fish and chip shop with no fish, but it's a fish and chip shop nonetheless, Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: I think somebody needs to get busy and be catching some fish.
Speaker 2: Let's not jump to the end just yet. Who is right next door to the shop.
Speaker 3: Henry, Chloe, Indy and Coco live next door in they're crammed in this tiny little house with their little babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they each have a baby, and one of them I can't remember who now mentioned their baby's name, and I thought it was really interesting. Did you pick up on it.
Speaker 3: I think it was Roderick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that name. I thought it was really cool. But they are crowded in there, aren't they?
Speaker 3: Yeah they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of them needs to move on out, It's what they said. Well conveniently enough, right next to there, Stella, Rusty is up to something and what is he doing.
Speaker 3: He is building a house with two stories in it, And Calypso told him that that was interesting because Indy was actually looking for a place to live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how advantageous, Stella. What was the next spot Calypso passed by?
Speaker 3: She passed by the terriers who were all a fort that they were guarding.
Speaker 2: What did they say They were Romans. Romans guarding their fort. Yeah, they look like they're taking it pretty seriously.
Speaker 4: I did like how Calypso when she approached them, she says, oh, you're building another fort.
Speaker 2: Listen, they know what they.
Speaker 4: Like exactly exactly. Yeah, it was just kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Amanda Honey approaches Calypso again about a nome. What happens?
Speaker 4: Honey asks Calypso if she could have the gnome now, and Calypso says, well, let's go take a look at your village. Well, she's added on just a little bit, but still not very much, and Calypso explains to her that the gnome is going to need a forest for her morning walk, so she has Honey start working on that.
Speaker 2: Bluie is busy ten in her shop even though she doesn't have any fish, and Andy is there and mentions that she's moving out but doesn't know to where. Henry she ends up talking to Rusty, what do they figure out.
Speaker 3: Rusty told Indy that she could rent the upstairs for ten dollar bucks, but Indy said that she didn't have any dollar bucks, so she went to ghost she could get a job at Bluey's Fish and chip shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Rusty agreed to watch Polly while she was there. What did he ask Polly about? First thing?
Speaker 3: He asked Polly if she wanted to learn how to build.
Speaker 2: Fences, man, that would be a handy piece of knowledge to have, wouldn't it. Yeah, it would be Stella. Honey asked for a gnome again. What does Calypso ask her?
Speaker 3: Calypso tells her that she's doing really good on her village, but she also asks her what else would a gnome enjoy?
Speaker 2: I was starting to feel bad for Honey a little bit, thinking, man, just give her the gnome. What were you thinking? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was thinking Calypso, shit just gave her the gnome at first.
Speaker 2: It turns out there's a reason though, when it all comes around to the end. But I wasn't looking forward enough to be able to think that Andy makes enough money to pay for her rooms rent, and she also gets some chips to take home, which I thought was pretty nice. Rusty would like those. After a tough day of building the fence and watching Polly, the terriers are having trouble though, Amanda, what is their deal?
Speaker 4: The terriers are getting bored because they don't have anybody to protect right now. But Indy asked them if they would like some chips because they didn't have any fish, but she could bring them chips, and they asked if they could have enough chips for their whole army.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty tall order. I didn't even mean that as a joke, but a tall order. But yeah, for the whole army. She heads over to Bluey's and they are using something to be the bags of chips. Henry, what was it?
Speaker 3: They were using pillows?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a whole stack of them. In the meanwhile, Calypso is humming a song, and I thought this was really cool. I remember bringing this up the first time we talked about this episode a few years ago.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: The song Calypso is hum is what is called diegetic music, which means the people in the show hear the music. It's not the soundtrack. They hear it.
Speaker 4: The characters hear it, right, but it.
Speaker 2: Is also the soundtrack. It smooths right into like the orchestral part that we hear, so that even when Calypso's done humming, we're still hearing the same song, but now it's not diagetic, it's soundtrack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, look at this.
Speaker 2: She goes to check on Honey and Henry. What has happened?
Speaker 3: Honey had built an entire village. It looks super cool and awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was breathtaking, and I love way the music cued against that, and the way like the camera shots were where what it focused on, and all the people. She really put a lot of effort and imagination into it, didn't she, Yeah, she did. You are awesome at building stuff like that, so Stella too. She doesn't do it as much these days, but really good at putting together a scene like that.
Speaker 4: They're good at using their imaginations.
Speaker 2: At this point, the terriers are having a problem main.
Speaker 1: Prejecting Moman is a little bit bulling. Maybe we would be invading woman.
Speaker 2: Maybe I was a little bit concerned hearing them say that right after we just saw Honey's beautiful village. Stella, what happens.
Speaker 3: Before they get the chance to go and invade something? They get called over to protect Honey's village because Indy is trying to go and give them their chips, but she can't see where she's going because of all the bags of chips she's holding, and she almost steps and falls onto Honey's village.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought for sure the whole thing was is that they were going to invade Honey's village.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that was what was going to happen.
Speaker 4: I was feeling so like anxious watching that, don't you dare?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But they got to be part of the solution. They got to guard something and protect the village and protect Indy from getting hurt by falling into it. So everybody got their part. What was the formation that they used Stella to protect it?
Speaker 3: They used a tortois formation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they called it, where they were all tucked in behind their shields and they overlap like scales.
Speaker 4: Pretty clever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a real tactic. By the way, way they got their chips, but there still wasn't any fish, but they were okay with that. Calypso's gone to sit down and there's one more thing going on, Amanda, what is it?
Speaker 4: Earlier we saw Pretzel being bored and he really didn't want to play. But now he is actually using the stick that Calypso had earlier. He's using it now and he is going fishing, and so Calypso told him that she has somebody to introduce him to, and that's the Fish and Chip stand.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She looks over and sees all the kids who had been doing their own thing, who are now all playing together. All of their different styles of play are integrated into one big unit where they're all still doing their own thing, but they're doing it as a community. And now she's getting Pretts involve too, without telling him go over there and play with those kids. I thought it was really good. And that's what she was trying to get Honey to do the whole time, was use her imagination and really think big and put effort into it. Because that's how their school works, is they use that type of play to learn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, she's a very good teacher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was the episode, Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 5: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could anyone tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 4: I think what I learned today is watching the style of teaching that Calypso was doing, where she was encouraging the kids to use their imaginations and as they did that, they ended up kind of all clicking together and playing together, and it made it more fun for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was teaching them a lesson, but letting them figure it out on their own. Yeah as well. Yeah, and also keeping them from being separate entities and everybody playing together for kind of a greater common cause. Yeah, much like a community of people.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that sounds right to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: This is one of those episodes where there doesn't seem to be like a very direct lesson, like be kind to others and stuff like that. But it was really cool to see. I like Calypso's demeanor. She seems so nice and calm, and she's firm and guiding, but in the kindest of ways.
Speaker 4: Yes she is.
Speaker 2: I bet she is an excellent teacher and that any kid who had a teacher like her at that age was pretty fortunate. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I agree with that. She does seem very kind and gentle that she is teaching the kids. You know, she's not just letting them do whatever. She's like you said, she's guiding them to make good choices.
Speaker 2: Well, like the thing with Honey, let's use as an example. I thought, Geez, Calypso, can't you just let the poor kid have the nome?
Speaker 4: Just want.
Speaker 2: Why you're being so gatekeepy about this? Just give her the nome to play with. But it was because she was prompting her to think bigger, get outside of herself and think about the village from the nome's perspective. Oh my gosh, that just hit me. She was wanting Honey to think about what the gnome would want and not what she wanted, which is kind of how they all ended up together. Well, what does this person need? I have this right that? I just blew my own mind right there? What the heck man?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 3: I guess I didn't think about it that way.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 4: I really liked this episode. It's still one of my favorites, I think three years later. I like seeing episodes with Calypso in it because, like we said, she is such a great teacher and just a great person, great character on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: I like how we were able to see all the kids interact together in this episode because we don't like see that a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is neat when we have a wide breadth of characters together.
Speaker 3: I thought the terrier's fort was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was epic, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: Do you think they had trouble deciding if it was going to be a pillow for it or a blanket fort?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed this. I love the thing that I was talking about with the background music and the foreground music blending together like that. I thought that was really really neat. This is a super nerdy example for the parents. But there's a really cool thing in Back to the Future where once Marty's okay, they're playing the song Earth Angel and the orchestra comes in, and the orchestra's not there in the scene, the music that the kids are hearing in the dance becomes the soundtrack music behind. So any parents who love Back to the Future take a look at that the next time and you'll see what I mean. Expert expert composition there. Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 3: The how outs.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen up.
Speaker 5: Everyone has to clap and go whoa Yeah, all right, that's awesome. Got Itay.
Speaker 2: We have the best fans anywhere and we are so so thankful for you guys. The five star reviews, the comments, the emails, the voice messages, we read and listen to all of them, and we are always so excited to hear from you.
Speaker 4: That is for sure. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at the comments on Spotify. We heard from grant Ava, someone whose username is one x zero h something something. We heard from Vertia. I hope that's right. You have numbers in there as the letters and it looks super cool. We heard from someone whose username is ajp something Something. We heard from Tilly and Tony, who had some real nice things to say about me. Thank you, Tony, I appreciate it. Luella, our friend, Daisy Tamsen, Alex Gabriella Potato fan a different Hope and dude too, who says Henry is their favorite.
Speaker 3: Thank you dude too.
Speaker 2: You got it, dude. We got some emails. We are from Bethany. She is from Daventry in the UK and loves listening to our podcast.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening, Bethany.
Speaker 2: We got a voice message from Marina.
Speaker 6: Hi Dinner with the Healers. Her name is Marina, and I really like your podcast. My favorite Stella and my favorite episode is probably the creat I think it was funny when everyone kept saying what goes around comes around, and at the m win Henry Bert, I also think I think it was fun you and everyone starts antagonizing Eric, good bye.
Speaker 4: Thank you for your message, Marina. We're so glad you enjoyed the show. And yeah, sometimes it's fund him antagonized Eric a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I agree with that, but okay, thank you Marina and Marina. I do like that part where during the lesson, that's what everybody kept saying, what did you learn today? What comes around goes around? And everybody kept saying it to make me nuts, and you succeeded, and then Henry closed it up with that epic burp. You guys have to go back and listen to. Do you remember that? Yeah? I think so, right after you said you got to leave that in and so I didn't edit it out. You are just a little guy. Then, Oh those were the days. We got a voice message from Leanne, and she also sent us this really cool picture she drew to take a look at this.
Speaker 4: Oh cool, great job on that, Leanne.
Speaker 3: That looks really good.
Speaker 2: Good, excellent, excellent work.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that is really good.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for sending that to this So let's listen to her voice message.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 7: My name is Leanne and I have a little sister called Mary, and this is my first time doing a record and my little sister and me loves Blowey and when I hear your podcast sometimes when I'm frustrated, it makes me feel better. And I made a picture of Bloey and Bingo's family and their neighbor. I hope you like Mike Darling and I like all the podcasts you guys make.
Speaker 4: Bye, Leanne, thank you so much for your message. We're so glad that you love the show and we're glad it helps you and your is fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was very sweet. Thank you so much. We also got a voice message from Flora and Vincey.
Speaker 8: Hi, I'm Flora again. When we listen to the episode take Away, we watch my little brother Vincy, and mom loved really Big because it was really funny. Or we heard our voices and I just don't want to say that. I'm really glad that you make this show.
Speaker 2: Bye, Flora, thank you so much for sending us another voice message. And it makes us happy that you guys enjoyed hearing your voice message when you said the first one. That is awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for your voice message.
Speaker 4: Thank you, yeah, Flora, it was so great to hear your voice again. And we're I'm just so happy you love the show and so happy that you got to hear your voice on it.
Speaker 2: Guys, if you would like to send us a voice message, ask a parent to help you. You can record yourself on a phone, tablet, or computer and email that file to Estella where should they send that.
Speaker 3: Movie podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: You can also send voice recordings right in the messaging section of Instagram, so that's another option too. And thank you guys so much for all of the messages and the kind words. It really does mean the world to us, and you fans are the reason that we do the show.
Speaker 4: Yes, we love hearing from you, and we just we're so grateful to all of you for all your wonderful messages and we're just we can't thank you enough for loving the show. It means so much to us.
Speaker 2: Well, until next time we are out of here, Bye guys, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: One sage
Speaker 6: For