Speaker 1: I'm convinced that in church and with church, there's a lot of pessimistic theology that is thrown at us, and we get washed with a lot of pessimism, and every once in a while, you know, it's good to have a little bit of washing that out of us, because God is up to good things. He wants to do good things, and we're all looking to the future, whether you know it or not, whether you think about it or not, you're constantly subconsciously looking to the future. And if the lens that you see with you know, even Matthew six twenty two says, if your eye is dark, then your whole being is going to be regulated by that darkness. This is the words of the Lord. So we're looking to the future and vision or our eye is metaphoric for that that glance toward the future. Do we have a hope filled glance toward the future? Do we have a pessimistic glance toward the future. And my thought is that that God's looking for people with hope filled glances because he can partner with that and that he can he can bring something good to pass no matter what season it is. You know, I'm talking about like you know, the the revival in Wales, of which you know mister Trump is related to the Welsh Revival. I don't know if you know that, but uh, and he still has an original Bible from the Wells Revival. But the revival that broke out in Wales. That wasn't a Trump loving speech. It was just a comment. But the revival that broke out in Wales, it wasn't necessarily during revival season, Jacob, I think if I had more volume, might be more happy, and I like to be happy.
Speaker 2: The revival that broke out.
Speaker 1: In Wales, it wasn't with Evans Roberts, young kid was at the court at the center of the revival. Uh, the you know the I could name others. Uh, the move of God that broke out through Smith Wigglesworth. You ever heard of him? Uh, it wasn't during revival season. You know what is revival season? So many of us in our theology were constantly putting off something off to the future. Revivals coming, And as long as you put something off to the future, you'll never get to where it's at. You're actually living in the greatest season that has existed. You're living in the outpouring of the holy Spirit. You're living in a season of power, a season of glory, a season of the new creation, a season of the righteousness of God, imputed your spiritual bank account that you didn't earn or deserve. I need even more, Jacob, even more. Yeah, because oh yeah, I like to hear myself. I love my own voice. My mom and dad told me that my whole life. I got a lot of spankings over it. But the Lord had something in mind, thank you.
Speaker 2: So. But you're living in.
Speaker 1: The greatest season, this this amazing season, right. But what's happening is religion wants to keep telling you what a bummer season it is. And religion wants to keep your eyes focused on a negative view of the future instead of a positive view of the future. Not just on a macro level. But everything you view on a macro level is uh uh dehydrated. That's the only word that's coming to my mind. That is not good. But you know, everything you view on a macro level, you know is also distilled. That could be, that could be fair inwardly in your own heart. So you know these things are interrelated. So if you've got a macro view this negative, you've got a micro a micro view that's negative, and God wants to wash that out of us because God can move in any season. Now, now I'm gonna I'm going to show you today why God especially wants to move in this season and why if you continue pessimistic in this season, you really are in a bummer state. I don't mean the state of Washington.
Speaker 2: But we could go there too. But what I mean is.
Speaker 1: You're in a bummer state of mind, right if you man pessimistic in this season. But I just want to I want to just talk to you about how God can find you. God can find you if you will throw away all pessimism. God can find you in any season, as he did with Evans Roberts, as he did with Smick Swiggelsworth, as he did with We could just name a hundred of him this morning, right, John g. Lake or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So God's looking for something. In Judges chapter six, God was looking for something. He calls Gideon to lead an army. He starts with thirty two thousand, and God sends most of them home. He couldn't work with them because they had the wrong thing on the inside. Their eye was dark, so their whole body was dark. Only three hundred of thirty two thousand had the right attitude, and so God says, I'll take the three hundred and I'll win the battle with them. God will find you where wherever you're at, God will find God will create revible for you. God will create breakthrough for you. God will create prosperity for you. God will create increase for you. God will create victory for you if you will shift your heart out of this pessimistic common religious view and say I'm not going to be a part of that anymore. It's the same thing with Joshua and Jermicho. You know, God, if you go home today and read Joshua chapter one, you know the Lord spoke over Joshua, and he was very, very thorough and all through that first chapter he's engaging with his heart. Proverbs four twenty says, out of your heart determines the boundaries of life.
Speaker 2: It's your heart. It says, guard your heart.
Speaker 1: Right, we got to guard our heart because out of out of your heart, that's what determines.
Speaker 2: The boundaries of your life.
Speaker 1: And so multiple times in Joshua chapter one, he's saying, be careful to only meditate on what I've promised you He's telling him, be careful to only meditate on what I've promised you. And he says, not on that. He says, don't even let anything else get in your mouth. Only say what I've promised you. Now, this was important because for forty years Joshua knew something right. He was a set apart person. He already knew that forty years ago, there were twelve that were sent in despy out what kind of land, Oh, the Promised Land, which is heaven on earth? For you, you have a promised land as well. It was real for them, it's a metaphoric reality for you. This is why Jesus said, pray this way, Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: God has loosed us into the potential of bringing Heaven to earth. But religion is filled with pessimism and wants to get you thinking negatively toward the future instead of partnering with God concerning what Jesus already done on your behalf so that Heaven could come to earth and into your life. And so he says, so Joshua knew something.
Speaker 2: Of the twelve spies that went.
Speaker 1: Into the Promised Land, there were only two that came back with a positive report and a report. It wasn't like a Robert Schuller positive report or a zig Ziglar positive report or.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like they just agreed with God. They just agreed with God. Two of them agreed with God. Remember who they were, Joshua and Joshua and Caleb agreed with God. The other ten disagreed with God. And so those that disagreed with God, they became the dominant face of all of Israel. And they had to wonder for forty years. Why did they have to wonder for forty years? Because that generation had to die off while josh and it was a forty year generation, while Joshua and Cadeb were raising up a new generation of those who would believe. So for forty years, it says, they wandered around Mount seer Sei, or for forty years, they actually went around the same mountain, year after year after year after year. Forty years they went around the same mountain, waiting for that generation of unbelieving ones to die off. Now, when a new generation had been raised up under Joshua and Caleb, then God said to them, turned northward, and now's the time to go in, and when they got there, Joshua and Caleb were justified in their hearts because when they showed up Rahab, the woman who they came to in the city of Jericho, said where have you been forty years ago? Our hearts melted like wax, and the dread of your God fell on all of us. The beautiful thing is with Joshua and Caleb is that they didn't miss it. God sustained their life. So they were living in the midst of a bunch of unbelievers, like two million unbelievers. Hello, two million unbelievers who are all having babies. And God says, I'm going to get your seed. Your seed will go in and possess the land. I'm going to get all your babies. They're going to come under the tutelage of Joshua and Caleb. But you are not going to go in because you said we are not able. Therefore, God said, numbers fourteen twenty eight. I forgive you, but she won't go in because what I heard you say in my ears, that's what I have to give you. Read it, numbers fourteen twenty eight. What I heard you say is in my ears, That's what I have to give you even though I forgive you. It's amazing. So Joshua knew something. He knew that he had to have a heart. That was because in the midst of unbelief, in the midst of all of this negativity and pessimism, that God would honor him. And God extended his life in Joshua and Caleb lived longer than anybody in their generation. He extended their life, and he took them in and he gave them their mountain, their territory, and their inheritance. So God can meet you in the middle of Crod. He can meet you in the middle of Washington State. God can meet you in the middle of western Washington. Not the Bible Belt, the Perverse belt.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: God can meet you right here. God can give you revival. God can give you breakthrough. God's going to give us traffic to new horizon. God's going to give us the greatest harvest Pierce County's ever seen. God's going to give us a harvest out of South King County. And God's going to give us traffic jams. I'm just saying that even if you don't like what I preach this morning, God can do it anyway. Go ahead and leave here in a bad mood over what I preached. And you know what, if you leave here believing this first part of my sermon, God's going to show up for you. Every season is due season. Every season is promised season, ever since the Resurrection and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. If you aren't living in a breakthrough season, shame on you.
Speaker 2: It's not God's fault. It's not God's fault.
Speaker 1: If you're not living in a breakthrough season, you have the opportunity in God.
Speaker 2: To seize the goodness of God.
Speaker 1: And this is why he said, even Matthew eleven twelve right, the kingdom of Heaven is advancing, and those those who are entering in and seizing the Kingdom of Heaven are those who are violent of nature. They won't be denied. Somebody in this room needs to say, you know what, it's available. I'm not going to be denied. I'm going to pressin and I'm going to partake of heaven in my generation. I'm going to partake of the goodness of God in my generation.
Speaker 2: God likes that.
Speaker 1: God likes the aggressiveness. Well, hello, Loya, let's start. I want to go somewhere let's start with going somewhere. I've got a couple minutes left. This is going to be bad. Fucked myself happy and got the own room for the sermon.
Speaker 2: Okay. So here's what I want to show you, though.
Speaker 1: I want to show you that we are living in this amazing of kingdom advancement. I know some of you heard me talk about this before, but I'm going to talk about her again today because it's part of what washes us and helps us.
Speaker 2: So this is a.
Speaker 1: Kingdom advancing season, and it runs all the way to the last day. The last day happens has recorded in on Grinthions fifteen twenty six. The last day and the last enemy to be put under our feet is death. So on the last day, at the last trump trumpet, the last enemy will be subdued, and the Lord is actually only coming back, according to First Corinthians, chapter fifteen, He's coming back to put that last enemy under our feet. So this is a progression of massive, massive victory and the increase of the Kingdom of Heaven on earth. And you know Isaiah sixty five, Remember Isaiah sixty five. Isaiah sixty five says, what's happening during this time seventeen through twenty three.
Speaker 2: Write that down.
Speaker 1: Is what's happening is righteousness is increasing. The age of the righteous is increasing. Anybody that dies under one hundred is going to be thought to be a cursed We're actually living to the lifetime of a tree and wearing out all of our stuff. Now right now, your stuff's going to outlive you, probably, but there's a generation coming that is going to outwear their stuff. They're going to outlive their stuff. Now this is before the rapture or the Second Coming. This happens before the rapture or the second Coming. How do I know that people are dying? The righteous are dying after the Second Coming? No, righteous people are dying after the second Coming. You even incorruptible body. So this is First Thessalonians four and first Corinthians fifteen. Right, So in the twinkling of an eye, you've heard it, and this is happening on the last day, at the last trump. But over here when people are still dying, if you die at one hundred, we think you recursed. So go home and read that. You'll get happy. Now what's happening is there's an overlap here. And I want to show you this and this is the Mosaic period. Everybody say, Moses, that was pretty good, pretty good participation right there. And this right here, I'm going to start this. This is the cross. The kingdom of Heaven started with the resurrection of Jesus. The Kingdom of Heaven started with the resurrection of Jesus. So the Kingdom of Heaven actually started here and it's advancing and going forward. And this is this is a new kingdom, and this is a new kingdom of new Heaven and new Earth. Now I don't want to just tell you that and force you to believe it. I'm going to tell you it's a new Heaven and new Earth because in all of the ages previously, Satan had access to heaven and had dominion over man. Because of Adam's fall, and so the heavens were even stirred up with darkness, and Satan was coming in the authority of first Atom into the heavens. And if you don't like that, read the Book of Job and you can see how that's happening, and you can see the interaction of it. Okay, And also what had happened is there were seventy nations, and we're told about those seven nations in Genesis chapter ten, and the seventy nations, only one nation was God's nation, Israel. He reserved Israel as his own. Sixty nine nations were unclean, and those sixty nine nations were ruled by principalities and powers like the Prince of Persia in Daniel chapter ten.
Speaker 2: Right, So you have to.
Speaker 1: Realize they had those those nations, those princes of darkness were under the lordship of Satan, who was ruling over all the nations. The coming of Jesus and his victory over Satan crushed all of that. It rearranged all of that. Satan was cast out of heaven Revelation twelve. Satan was cast out of heaven to the earth, and all of the principalities and powers have been put under the feet of Jesus. And that's who we wrestle with. Now, we wrestle with principalities and powers and spiritual powers in the spirit realm to put them under our feet. Our wrestling is not feudle. We're not wrestling at a futility. We're wrestling as partners with Jesus, because Father is subduing all of them and declaring they must release their captives. So every nation is releasing their captives right now, and we're going to see this grow and grow and grow. And it's a new heaven and a new Earth.
Speaker 2: Okay. Why is it a new Earth?
Speaker 1: Well, because he's given all of the sons of Adam who.
Speaker 2: Believe in Jesus the authority.
Speaker 1: To dominate Satan and to bring the very power and the grace of Heaven to the earth. So the new Earth doesn't start over here. This is the consummation of it, the finality of it.
Speaker 2: But it started over here with me. Okay.
Speaker 1: So I want you, I want you to hearing some of that. And by the way, so I'm trying to go his fans again, but keep that piano player off the stage, by the way. So this is eighty seventy, and this is eighty seventy, and this is eighty thirty three.
Speaker 2: This is the Lord.
Speaker 1: And by the way, these were called the last days. These are not called the last days.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You've been told all of your life that you're living in the last days. You've been told all of your life that these are the last days.
Speaker 2: These aren't. These are the new days. Now, let's talk about.
Speaker 1: Why is that? Because all of the New Testament. Everything they referred to regarding the last days they were they would referred to the last days of the Mosic period. And during these last days of the Mosaic period thirty seven years, God was doing amazing things, and amazing things were happening. One you know it because you're Pentecostal charismatic cruismatics. You know this that Joel Chapter two, Verse twenty eight, Acts Chapter two, sixteen seventeen. And such Peter stands up when it looks like one hundred and twenty people have been praying, and the Holy Spirit lands on them with tongues of fire wind and an outpouring of his spirit. Remember this what happened, Acts Chapter two.
Speaker 2: We have the verse.
Speaker 1: We can throw it up. We're talented, we're skilled, and this is and this is Peter, this is Peter. On the day of Pentecost, they say, Pentecost, this is Peter, and this is He's gonna explain it. And this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel. And it shall be in the last days, and it shall be in the last days.
Speaker 2: God says that.
Speaker 1: I will pour forth my spirit upon all mankind. Oh, not the last days? When did he do this. When did he pour this out fifty days after the resurrection or fifty days after passover? Penta means fifty fifty days after passover. So right here, these were the last days. Now why were the last days? Because they were the last days because the tabernacle system and the sacrificial system was coming to a close. He was closing that down because once he destroyed the temple in the sacrificial system, there would never ever ever be a sacrifice again. Because Jesus was the priest, He was the sad sacrifice, He was the lamb, and this temple was no longer needed. It was obsolete because you have become the temple of the Holy Spirit. So these were the last days. So let me just I'm going to give you some more on this if you like it.
Speaker 2: Did you like that? Is that? Okay?
Speaker 1: Hebrews one one, go with me really fast, God after he spoke long By the way, Hebrews is all about Hebrews. The Hebrews is all about the closing of one tabernacle and the opening of another. Right, So Hebrews Chapter one one, God after he spoke long ago to the fathers and the prophets in many portions in many ways in these last days has spoken to us in his son in these what in these last days? I'm telling you all throughout the New Testament, where it talks about the last days, it's referring to this period, not this period.
Speaker 2: This is a period of.
Speaker 1: The new Heaven and the new Earth, where righteousness dwells. Wait, I'll read it to you in a minute. I have no opinions. I only speak the word of God Hebrews nine twenty five. Nor was it that he should offer himself often talking about Jesus as the high priest, enters the Holy Place year by year with blood that's not his own. Otherwise he would have needed to suffer often from the foundation of the world. But now at the consummation of the ages, or the NIV says, at the culmination of the ages, this is interesting, is that? And Paul talks about this to the Ephesians that in Christ, this is Colossians and the Ephesians that he was summarizing all things in Christ.
Speaker 2: So this is the summary of all of the ages past.
Speaker 1: It's the summary of all the ages past, and it's the summary of the law and the prophets and everything God ever said was culminated and consummated in Christ Jesus, so that he could begin this brand new era of many sons and many daughters who partake of the glories of God ten ten ten, nor grumble as some of them did, talking about the Israelites who were negative nillies, and grumble as some of them did, and negative neds, and they were destroyed by the destroyer. Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come. He's writing to this contemporary audience right here, because these are the last days, and this is the end of a complete period where they were on the outside looking in, but he was beginning a new age of those on the inside as sons and daughters. First Peter one twenty. For he was foreign known before the foundation of the world, but he has appeared in these last times for the sake of you two Timothy three to one, knowing that God was going to judge Israel. God was going to judge Israel and to destroy the temple and destroy the sacrificial system, of which happened, and which is called the Day of the Lord or the Tribulation knowing that was just ahead of them.
Speaker 2: They were actually rejoicing over that thing.
Speaker 1: They were rejoicing over it because they knew that that would be the consummation of the ages, and when that came to pass, that the new kingdom would fully begin to advance in rapid succession, and the restoration that God desired would begin to happen. Unless Satan could come along and try the church to become pessimistic. It's sure, I'm telling the truth, so tewod Timothy three to one. But realize this that in the last days, difficult times will come. He's talking about a falling away. Jesus prophesied about a falling away in Matthew twenty four. There's going to be a falling away. He said, well, that's not a falling away for us, and what he's talking about in two Timothy three. Realize this and the last days, difficult times will come. We read this all the time. If it's for us, it's not for us. Though there's relevance, there's application. It says, avoid those who have a form of godliness but deny the power of God. There's an application for that. But this wasn't for isn't for us. This isn't what we're to expect. We're supposed to expect the increase of righteousness, a growing kingdom, the overcoming power of God. And so we quote this because we don't understand that. When Paul wrote to Timothy about the church, he was pastoring and said, realize this in the last days, difficult times will come and men are going to be lovers of self and lovers of money and blah blah blah. He was giving Timothy warning for pastoring at church, and he's telling Timothy be careful, don't get around pessimistic, negative or ungodly people.
Speaker 2: Avoid them.
Speaker 1: But we quote it like, oh, yeah, it's the last days. It's going to be terrible. The last days are going to be terrible. Well, you're in the wrong Last days. You're pessimistic for nothing. You're not agreeing with God. If you don't agree with God, you're going to miss the boat. You're missing the wagon. You could be in revival and you think you've got to be in negativity. You could be in blessing. You can think you've got to be in curse. You could be in victory and you think you got to be in asceticism. Woe is me, where's her? I need another? Oh bad, it's bad down here, It's bad. Oh is me.
Speaker 2: Hebrews eight thirteen.
Speaker 1: By calling this covenant new, he's made the first one obsolete. And what is obsolete is out and outdated. Will soon disappear. That's what happened. It disappeared Second Peter three ten. I want to go to second Peter three ten. Let's show them to that one. But know this, but the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with the roar, the elements will be destroyed by fire. By the way, what's that all about is apocalyptic language. We'll go to Revelation twelve. Part of what's happening is the shaking of the heavens. The heavens had to be shaken. And it says in Revelation twelve that when Christ descended, at some point there was a war in heaven and Michael and the dragon and thought, and the dragon was not strong enough because Christ had ascended as the last atom, a supreme man, victorious over Satan. So the dragon has thrown down. This is what's happening. We're hearing this apocalyptic language of this great war and Satan being cast to the earth and the rearranging of the nations. Israel would no longer be the supreme nation. There would be a new nation known by a new name, who were covered with righteousness, and God would gather us out of every nation. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy in godly lives as you look forward to the day of the Lord, Look forward to the day of the Lord. We're as nervous as tarnation. You know what a tarnation is.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That thing is like a smit shine. I don't know the wolvesky all this weird stuff. They say, who wants a spit shine?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Where does she come up with this stuff?
Speaker 1: We're as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof without hot ten ice cream?
Speaker 2: You ever had hot ten ice cream? It's good.
Speaker 1: It's got peanuts in it and chocolate, kind of a chocolate ribbon vanilla with peanuts. And I'm wasting time. Sorry, We're going to have some of the newcomer's brunch come back for hot ten roof. They weren't nervous over the coming of the Lord.
Speaker 2: They were looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Why because it was the end of this system and the end of their persecution, and it was advancement to the Kingdom of Heaven. That day we'll bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire. The elements will melt in heat. But keeping with his promise. Whose promise, the promise of the Lord? They had a promise from the Lord. In keeping with his promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new Earth where righteousness dwells. We are so messed up in our theology today. If you could pardon me saying this, that you got Peter back here. You got Peter way back here looking forward to the end of the age with glee. Peter's looking forward to the end of the age with glee, knowing that it will release a fullness of the coming of the new heaven and Earth. And you got us way down the timeline over here. What are we two thousand and what? Okay, we're way down the timeline over here somewhere, and we're as nervous as hot tan ice cream melting on my roof.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, it's.
Speaker 1: Because we don't know what season we're in. We don't know this is the new Heaven and the new Earth, where righteousness dwells, where we reign in life, where we've received an abundance of grace, and we reign in life where there's not one enemy that God won't put under our feet a sten I hear the piano first closing, I read one more versatile clothes.
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you hearing this? Are you okay? Go home and read this Isaiah sixty five, and then and then ask me for more stuff. You know, only one person talk to me after the first service. One person, one person, only one person is hungry for more. You should you should be salivating over this stuff. You should want your heart filled with positivity and filled with what God wants to do, and filled with how you can partner with him to bring heaven to earth. Are we that bought into our pessimism that even Peter two thousand.
Speaker 2: Years ago is ahead of us.
Speaker 1: He's looking forward to a new heaven and a new Earth. And he was an elder, he was pastoring a church, he was an elder, and so all of those under his care, he's leavening them with this positivity.
Speaker 2: Toward the future. What are we levening people with? Well? Per perl.
Speaker 1: Oh ver very rare, ah harsh, bad bad.
Speaker 2: But God's come on.
Speaker 1: He's coming back someday, coming back, and it's hell now. It's hell now, but it's coming back. But I got a happy heart. You don't either, your lion. You don't have a happy heart. Your heart is sick. We separate joy from happiness. Well now, but joy, joy is not Joy is not circumstantial. I've got I've got joy. Happiness now, that's happiness. That's surplus, circumstantial. I don't have to have happiness to have joy. Liar, you was this lion. That's a theological liar in the world. We're so caught, we're we're literally proud of our negativity.
Speaker 2: Cal shut up.
Speaker 1: I told you one us first Peter one eleven, concerning this salvation. The prophets who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, The prophets that spoke of the grace, the favor, the power of God, the outpouring of the fullness of Heaven. The prophets that spoke of this grace, not the grace. They not the grace they enjoyed, not the grace that they walked in. They were over here, not the grace that they were were partakers of the grace that was to.
Speaker 2: Come to you in this new season.
Speaker 1: They searched intently and with great care, trying to figure out the time and the circumstances in which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the hardships that would follow, and the what that would follow.
Speaker 2: Oh, somebody's reading the what the glories that would follow?
Speaker 1: I'm looking for smiles. I got half frowns. Still, I still got half frowns. You are sold out to your pessimism so deeply that you're half of you are still frowning.
Speaker 2: It's the glories that would follow.
Speaker 1: God's looking for people who will stop focusing on the negative and start focusing on the glories.
Speaker 2: We are partakers of glory.
Speaker 1: This is a season of glory with righteousness that's imputed your spiritual bank account. Righteousness which makes you one who reigns in life because you've received the abundance of grace. Holy Spirit, reset our compass this morning, reboot our computer, rewrite our software. Wash pessimistic theology out of our hearts.
Speaker 2: Holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: We we welcome you. We yield to you, We partner with you. We thank you for the abundance of grace and glory and righteousness that we are partakers of. Let us leave here with a shout today. Let us leave here with a dance today. Let us leave here with it. Let's cut a jig. You know what a jig is. I don't know what it is either, But let's cut a jig. Let's fit polish something. Let's go out of here triumphantly. Come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 2: Church should be, Church should be.
Speaker 1: And it will be the center of joy and high five. I mean, we should just be pinching ourselves all the time. I really, is this really true? What in the world could I be? Could this be me? And this generation? Could I am I partaking of this much goodness.
Speaker 2: Now? In Jesus' name? And everybody said
Speaker 1: M