Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldra dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard Genesis Gold Group, the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver.
Speaker 2: Learn more and get.
Speaker 1: A free gold and silver guide right now at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to visit with Roxy Kraus, also known as the Millennial Manager, and we're going to talk about something really important. There are people who are not taking enough vacation time, and we should get out in vacation and we should do that more often, shouldn't we?
Speaker 2: Roxy?
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: And there's people who at the end of the year, like here, now we're all the way into February. But there are people who back in twenty twenty four, they closed out the year without even using all their vacation time, and then they wonder, why, hmm, I'm burned out. Well maybe you should just take some time off and go somewhere fun. So let's talk about some of the statistics, because it's crazy, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely Yeah, Yeah, let's get into it. There are a number of factors of why people that keeping us from taking our vacation time in twenty twenty five. So for example, workload pressure, job security company culture saving that time for an emergency as you alluded to, And recent data shows that people are leaving a lot of time on the table, which equates to billions of lost time that could be used to recharge and even connect with loved ones.
Speaker 2: And one of the things is kind of fun.
Speaker 1: There's a new thing that's kind of kicking off called the Time Off Toolbox. And you know quite a bit about this. Tell me what in the world is the time Off Toolbox?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely so. Choice Hotels, the company that has Cambria, Radison, Country and and Suite and eighteen other brands, is helping to make it easy for people to take their vacation. So Choice Hotels partners with actor writer Kick and Michael Key to launch Choice Hotels timeof toolbox dot com. And the tool is felled with three OS, which is for out of office, and it's filled with helpful tips, tricks and tools on how to maximize your time off, how to ask for time off. There's even a you go through a couple of prompts and you can even send a video featuring keig In to your boss. And ask you for that time off. And as as a millennial, yeah, yeah, absolutely, and as a millennial in corporate and you know, we need these resources. I wish we had them ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about why it's important to take time off and why it's really helpful, especially for millennials, but probably for every generation. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So we have a work first culture and people feel guilty about taking time off, but you definitely need that that time to recharge, and you know, burnout is a real thing, and so that time is definitely is valuable. And you know you're if you're getting that that time off from your organization, you should definitely take it and take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: And I think it's really fun that you can request time off by sending a video of Keegan Michael Key to your boss asking for time off.
Speaker 2: I think that is just a brilliant idea.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely, and having a little fun while.
Speaker 2: You're at it.
Speaker 1: I haven't tried it yet, but your results may vary. I'm gonna give it a world today and see if I get out of here for a bit. So if somebody listening would like to utilize that, where do they go? Because it's a special website you were talking about. What was the website again? If they want to send that video to their boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if you're listening, head over to Choice Hotels, timeof toolbox dot com and the tool is felled with three o's for as I mentioned, out of office, just to find more information and to start leveraging this tool to maximize your time off.
Speaker 1: And I just clicked on there to check it out. Choice Hotels, Timeoff toolbox dot com. I'm going to throw a link on our Facebook page to make it easy to find. And yeah, it's very simple. You can click right here and kind of fill out all the stuff that you need to know, and it's asking like what do you call your boss, what are you doing on vacation? What is your role at work? And you submit all of that and then magically, your boss gets a video pleaing for you to take some time off to go out and recharge by the actor Keegan michael Key.
Speaker 2: And I think that's very clever.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I agree, And Keegan Michael Key is a hilarious guy. And I think that again, what a fun partnership.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yes, absolutely, and for a great cause too, because we all need that time. We need to take our time off to recharge.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so again, the thing that's really fun about this. This is a serious thing because we need to take time and recharge. That's important, but I like that it's fun as well. There's a fun side of this. Absolutely absolutely well, Roxy, thank you so much for taking the time to chat.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm on the website here, choice hotels, timeof Toolbox dot com. Three o'sen tool for out of office. I've got a link to it also at Facebook dot com. Slash Sunny Radio. Something something you should know is brought to you by Genesis goldII dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Read Gold and Silver Guide now at GENESISGOLDI r A dot com