Speaker 1: Hey, twenty nine here fifty five KRSE detalk station. It is that alliterative segment of the fifty five KRSE Morning Show. Can't take credit for the name. It is Daniel Davis Deep Dive. You can search form online the podcast Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Good to have you back on this show. Daniel retired Lieutenant colonel and analyst of things conflicts mostly related. Lately we're gonna talk about the Middle East, shocking no one. Good to see you. Good to have you back on the show, My friend always great to be here. I'm actually looking forward to this as much as my own show. Now. I'm glad. I really have fun talking with you, and you know, you offer a very it's a unique insight. I think that's where the value comes from. You just have a different way of looking things, and of course, you know the horrors and the fog of war. Difficult to come up with solutions, but it always helps when you have some sort of strategy or a plan if you're getting into a conflict, which I don't know that we have here going to Ukraine, and you know, I just can I before we talk about the Ukrainian president offering this sort of piece, the piece through strength, solution and real quick. I just wanted to get your reaction on what I thought. My immediate reaction was to laugh. But the genius of being able to plant bombs inside pagers and walkie talkies that the Hesbala people had, I mean they the Hesbala guys are the ones that got blown up, is it not. I mean a master work of intelligence community to get those things in the hands of those guys and simultaneously blow them up, which I thought, knocking them back on their heels, which would open an opportunity for Israel to yes, go in militarily and go after the terrorists in Lebanon, which apparently has happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in terms of just state craft and of the intelligence ability to do that, it's it's truly an unprecedented event. Yeah, it's never been done to that extent because there was so much complexity and so much time necessary to set up shell companies and to make the recipients think that it was a trust agent and all that kind of stuff. There are some issues around the edge because it was not very discriminated. Some you know, children were killed who happened to have the pagers, so you know, it's not a clean operation, but it's it definitely operationally significantly damaged his blows ability to communicate. And if, as I suspect is the case, Israel's getting ready to go in on the ground and push back. They've signaled everything to that degree, this will significantly complicate his Bill's ability to coordinate a reaction on the ground.
Speaker 1: And you can't deny the psychological benefit it had to have had. I mean, can you imagine that Hisbolla commanders when that happened, and what their reaction might have been. So score one for the psyops I suppose to, but I just I couldn't believe my eyes when I was reading what I was reading about what happened. Both, let's move away from Israel and Lebanon and Gaza and get over to Ukraine, where President valk Zelensky, I guess has presented some sort of East proposal to Biden. I'm calling it peace through strength, because that's what he's saying, strengthening us and we can negotiate some peace. What's your take on this one, Daniel, What are the details of this proposal of the extent we've eate anybody knows him yet?
Speaker 2: Listen. It's bizarre, is the only word that I can come up with, because everywhere you look, and I'm talking about in the last twenty four hours, actually the last twelve hours, there are continuing extensive losses by the Ukraine side, especially on the Eastern Front. They have taken one small village in the course carry up in the north, but then they are continuing to lose more ground kind of in the neck of that penetration ip up into Russia, which now puts their whole battle force at risk of being cut off if they don't withdraw pretty soon. And so when he comes in now and says, and he was asked specifically on ABC News last night, does your plans envision negotiation, because that's kind of what he has implied, And he said, no, does it imply in negoti we just want to, through diplomatic means, make Putin think that he can't win, so that he gives us what we want. And I'm sorry, that's not how war works, that's not how human nature works. When you're on the commanding side and you have all of the advantages and your side is physically winning on the battlefield, you're not going to negotiate a bad position, and so I don't really understand what he's thinking. The only thing that I'll say is that maybe he's gonna ask Biden to say, hey, put us in NATO, give us more long range weapons, so that'll change the actual calculation.
Speaker 1: But that is never going to happen now. And we are talking about Vladimir Putin here, right. I mean, he's got an ego the size of the continent. I mean, he is not going to back off on something like that. I mean, I don't know the guy personally, but I have observed his behavior and his conduct over the years. If he's not happy about something, somebody dies or he gets his way, and he is not going to to put his tail between his legs. That's my analysis of the guy. No psychologists, and I don't play one on radio. But going back to the long range missiles I heard the other day, and I'm sorry I camera call the source of my apologies, but I'll just gauge your reaction on this because it sounds logical coming from Vladimir Putin. He told us, do not sell those long range missiles to Ukraine, and do not let them hit in the interior of our country, or you my friend, United States have started World War three in essence, they have nuclear capabilities and they will be willing to use them. Any truth to that is that anything you heard this minus thinking this was kind of like back channel communications, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: There have been I actually have heard some sources who claim to have knowledge of about some of those back channels, And the claim is that Russia's was very very emphatic about what they would be willing to do. They certainly wouldn't go to nuclear weapons immediately, like if we authorize long range missiles and they were used. And the reason, by the way that he says this is because those missiles are so sophisticated, both in their operation and in the targeting mechanism that requires satellite guidance and satellite target identification, which Ukraine doesn't have. So if it will only be at our direct engagement, which many people in the ways have admitted to ironically, But the bigger issue is that the missiles are not going to change the course of the war, even if it didn't escalate, it's not going to change anything because there's not enough of them.
Speaker 1: We don't even have enough, as our.
Speaker 2: Secretary of Defense openly admitted, We don't have enough. But what Russia has claimed is that if that happens, even on the tactical you know, in conventional format with missiles, then they will respond in kind. And we don't know for sure what they mean, but so I think that they would possibly strike like AMO depots in Natal countries if that happens, And of course, now then you've got Article five implications. And then I think that's the other reason why they didn't mention the nuclear capacity, because if NATO things are going to end the war, then you Russia, in their view, will have no choice because they can't handle conventionally NATO. Then they would use, They're willing to use tactical nuclear weapons, and man, I'm saying, why even toy with that possibility when there's nothing to gain even conventionally.
Speaker 1: Don't do it. Yeah, I share your concerns along those lines, but a pivoting over the broader concerns you just pointed out, we don't even have enough of these missiles, and I'm thinking along the lines for our own protection benefit or any conflicts we might be involved with. Something I hear and read repeatedly over and over again. It was back when we were talking about one hundred and fifty five millimeters shells. We're running out of those. Well, it's only old equipment and we aren't got to yet. Fine, whatever, we're trying to build up Japan's army, we're trying to build up Israel, supplying them with weapons. We're supplying Ukraine with weapons. What about are the exhaustion of our own defense capabilities, our own ability defend ourselves or wage war? That is a serious concern, isn't it. It's an even bigger than that. To me.
Speaker 2: You had Jake Sullivan about a week or so ago in a public forum admit that we had to get all the interceptor missiles we had offered everywhere else in the world, everywhere else, to give them all to Ukraine. Now, you mentioned at the early part of this show here the era Israel war. If they go in on the ground against Hezbolah, they have hundreds of thousands of rockets and weapons, they will need even more interceptor missiles than we have. So if we are already exhaust given them to Ukraine, and then now here Israe's about to need even more? Where are they coming from? And then God help us if we get into a warning where which is what we're supposed to have our military for to defend our interests if we then get into a war, Brian, we don't have any interceptors, and that makes us strategically vulnerable.
Speaker 1: It's a bad move. Well, and knowing that Chinese are involved, the Iranians are involved, and the Russians are all involved in these multiple conflicts, they're all helping each other, supporting each other with supplies of weapons. It makes me want to suspect, given the demands of our US military manufacturing capabilities, that part of them is really engaged in a battle of attrition to see us use up all of our military hardware, giving them an opportunity to do all I don't know, maybe invade Taiwan, or maybe invade some other country or who knows.
Speaker 2: But we're in jeopardy. We don't even end this strategic and we're sucking ourselves into that track. Yes, they may have that intention, but only because we're enabling it. That's the maddening part to me, is that we're facilitating ourselves getting sucked into a trap.
Speaker 1: Daniel Davis always refreshing and enlightening conversation, maybe not always uplifting, but gotta call it like it is. Man, gotta call like it is Next Tuesday. We're trying to avoid the worst outcome. I know you are, and I'm with you on that. I had enough award. Tune in next Tuesday for another Daniel Davis deep dive. In the meantime, search for them online. You'll find them. Take care of my friend. Best of health you next time. All right, brother, coming up at eight forty. If you have KCD talk station USA installation, the best product well in terms of benefiting you, it's just such a great thing to get USA insulation in your home. And again mostly older, older homes, generally speaking, they are the ones that needed the insulation because newer homes have code standards and higher R value insulation. But you know, mid seventies and before zero insulation, and then after the mid seventies you got low R value insulation and it just doesn't cut it. My daughter, again using her as an illustration, had R twelve in her late nineteen seventies built home that she and Rore just bought. So I've got my wife and I got them the home. A housewarming gift of Premium phone, USA's highest R value phone in the market, went in with the old insulation, so they enjoy the comfort immediately. It's a lot quieter, or not that it was very loud anyway, considering their rural existence, but quieter and of course more comfortable, and the ac they don't hardly, hardly have to use it now. So save money on your energy bills because it's guaranteed savings, and so much so that the federal government will be giving you if you fill your tax form out and take advantage of the energy tax credit twelve hundred dollars. It's a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit, which is not even just a write down a little bit of your taxes. It's an actual twelve hundred dollars reduction for doing the right thing, getting comfort, getting savings, a product that saves for itself, even improves the value of your home because of the benefits. USA Installation dot net five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: They come here