Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 2: On the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 3: Abdulla el Sayed, age forty one, ran for governor eight years ago, unsuccessful lagrants Gretchen Whitmer, this time a winner against Haley Stevens. The Associated Press has made the call and El Sayed now will take his campaign head to head with the Republican Mike Rodgers in November, and that will be one to watch.
Speaker 4: Allies are launching is already more bitter. All you gotta do is look at the odds you're already watching on TV started today.
Speaker 5: You know they think that you want to use my whole name against me, Mike.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, if you can't say the name is Abdrahman, keep the name out your damn mountain.
Speaker 5: I'll be happy to give you lessons. Well, they understand it.
Speaker 4: The money way they think they can win is to drive us into the mud, to believe the worst about each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we'll have more and not the mud, because he has some distinct statements about the MUDs. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he won. Now, it was supposed to be a blowout all the posts. It was supposed to be a big blowout. Should have been over nine o'clock last night. I went to bed, got up two o'clock in the morning, like, oh, well, since I'm up, Yeah, you know you'll get old. You wake up as soon as you go to bed, you sleep for a few minutes, and you wake up. So I go and I said, let me look at the at two o'clock in the morning. Something at two o'clock, it's still not called, Like, what the heck is going on here? This was supposed to be the blowout of blowouts he was. It was supposed to be a cake walk. Didn't get called till today, and I'm doing He wants me to pronounce his name wright, play that sound by it again. I want to make sure I have it right, because before he tells me to get.
Speaker 5: Allies are launching.
Speaker 4: Thank you is already more better. All I gotta do is look at the odds you're already watching on TV.
Speaker 5: Started today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know they think.
Speaker 5: That you want to use my whole name against me.
Speaker 4: Mike, listen, man, if you can't say the name is Abdrohman, keep the name out for damn mountain.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you? I got it up till Rukhman, so updill Rukman. One was between it's It came down to fourteen thousand, I think, out of one point five million votes. The the margin of victory was fourteen thousand, eight hundred and ninety three votes, just under one personage point. He won by less than a percentage point. So both of them are, yeah, can you call it then or do you have to like recount other this case, it's called I don't know, it's called his win. However, Slim represents a significant shift for the Democrat Party. The Associated Press calls it's the Democrat Party. I was like calling it the Democrat Party because of the noise the hardcore Democrats who say it's democratic. So anyway, the Democrat Party. He lost to now Governor Whitmer when he ran the first time by twenty one percentage points. Now, I just read something. I don't know whether I should credit the person to send it to me or not, because I don't anyway, But I just read something from a dear friend who is one of the most brilliant men I've ever known, in fact, and he just sent me a text about uh abd Ruckman and his his license to uh you know, he says he's a physician. He's a doctor. That's the doctor abd Ruckman and so. And I'm not making in front of the guy's name, by the way, I'm never gonna do that, but that's what he said. If you can't say my name right, I keep my name out of your damn mouth. So I'm gonna make sure that when I put his name in my damn mouth that I'm saying the right name of Doruckman Elsa. So this is what I just read. Medical credentials versus license degrees earned lsay, I'd graduated with a medical degree from Columbia University and earned a doctorate in public health from the University of Oxford, So he's a doctor. However, he says he's a physician. He has had no clinical training, has never completed a medical residency, never passed board certification exams, never practiced medicine independently. His hands on patient experience was limited to a brief four week clinical sub internship at the end of medical school. He describes himself as a physician, but he's a doctor. Okay, he earned a doctor in public health from the University of Oxford, but he's that's not a physician. So if this is it be interesting to see how that plays out. Now we have a lot in the audio from Abdul Ruckmann. I want to say his name right. Play that again. I want to make sure I'm getting a right. You know I'm bad with names. Something times.
Speaker 5: Use my whole name against me.
Speaker 4: Mike listen, Man, if you can't say the name is Abdruhman, keep the name out your damn mountain.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, Abruchlan, And I hope I'm saying it the way that he said it. I don't want to be incentitive. Ruchtman, you're saying it so so you say it and let me see how you say it, Carlos, let me see how you say it the way that he said it.
Speaker 5: You know they think that you want to use my whole name against me.
Speaker 4: Mike listen, man, if you can't say the name is abd Rahman, keep the name out your dad.
Speaker 6: Okay, Abraham, what say the way he said it? To say his name? Man like I don't know you say it. Say it loud soil people can hear you. Okay, a rockland Atlan play out one more time. I want to make Shra get this right, please, I'm sorry, folks.
Speaker 5: Is already more bitter.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do is look at the odds you're already watching on TV started today.
Speaker 5: You know they think that you want to use my whole name against me.
Speaker 4: Mike listen, man, if you can't say the name is Abdrohman, keep the name out of your damn mountain.
Speaker 6: Okay. So, anyway, here's the story from Fox News, and folks, please, I would urge every single one of you in this vast and ever growing audience to please let us honor the way that he wants his name pronounced. It's not too difficult to ask, Philip, how do you say his name? Philip just walked in spelled an Africa pronounced Philip. He wasn't here, he wasn't listening, Philip. How do you say? Then, it's name that won the Michigan Democrat Party nomination to be their next senator. How do you pronounce his name? Abdul l sayed, you're wrong to play the thing for him, Carl.
Speaker 5: Want to use my whole name against me?
Speaker 4: Mike listen, man, if you can't say the name is Abdan, keep the name out for damn mountain.
Speaker 6: Okay. So would you kindly correct yourself please? Oh I'm sorry, sir. Thank you. See, Philip got it on. Philip got it on the first one. It didn't take he what an year. I'm just double checking myself to make sure that we can get this right all the time. What are you saying? I said, Philip grew up here? Oh okay, what do you mean. It's hard to say that right without spitting on somebody. Let's not be unkind Okay, So let us go and listen to Rachman. Now, I'm gonna tell you something about this guy. Oh boy, I better really couch this very carefully. Look. I understand he's a socialist. I understand there are policies that he has that I stnuously disagree with. Also, there is this from Fox News lsayad campaign backed by over one hundred thousand dollars from dozens of members of group with alleged terroritize So already they're saying he took a lot of money from the organization's care c AIR, the Council on American Islamic Relations, which has been designated a terrorist organization by the United Arab Emirates and formally designated or label such a terror organization in both Florida and Texas. So there's that story. We can get into the details of that. But as I was say ying, I have political divergence with Abdruchmann, and nonetheless he says some things that I let me give you one. It's it's all. It's not as it's not the Kamala Harris word salad. But he does this a lot. This is quick play cut five. This is quick, it is six seconds. So listen closely to what he's saying here.
Speaker 5: What I mean is that.
Speaker 6: Hurt people, hurt people.
Speaker 4: Then maybe if we're serious about ending the hurt, we should stop hurting people.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying, says Abductman, is that hurt people, hurt people, and maybe if we want to stop hurting people, we should stop hurting people. Maybe if we want to, I don't, but I understand what his point is. People that have been hurt all of their lives, end up or poor a portion of their lives. Dramatic hurt, end up hurting other people, Hurt people, hurt people. So if we want to, how did he end it? So if we want to stop hurt playing again.
Speaker 4: What I mean is that hurt people hurt people, then maybe if we're serious about ending the hurt, we should stop hurting people.
Speaker 6: Okay, hurt people hurt people, So if we're serious about ending the hurt, we should stop hurting people. Do you disagree with that? Why are you shaking your head?
Speaker 7: Like when do you see a candidate You're supposed to get some kind of reassurance that you know that you're the future of whatever your state or like it's like in safe hands. This guy is like, it's not giving no reassurance whatsoever. I haven't heard any oh yeah, policy or something like that. It's just you want policy. When we get back, I'm going to give you policy. Let's go to a break. You want policy from elside. He has policy, and we will hear some of his policy. But remember this, my friends, because this is a profundity from absurd rakhman El said, and I happen to agree with him about this. Her people hurt people. So if we're serious about stopping the hurt.
Speaker 4: What I mean is that hurt people, hurt people, then maybe if we're serious about ending the hurt, we should stop hurting people.
Speaker 1: I like that the Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network, Carlos.
Speaker 6: Before the breaks that he wanted to hear policy from Abdul Rahman Sayad and we will we ACQUI yes we have that, but first I do want to put you a correction, not a correction, but an addendum. Yes, we aim to pronounce his name right out of respect, and I do respect him. Abdul Rahman Mohammed el Sayed is his full name? Want to make sure we get that right. Abdur Rahman Mohammad el Sayad would be the full name, not just the first and last name that he shared with us. If we're going to do his name, let's do the full name, as he said, and let's do it right with respect. Now, as for policy, and I mean that, folks, I'm not trying to stir. You know what stuff these elections are about. Okay, now you want policy cut seven. He was on seeing and discussing policy, and this is what part of what he believes.
Speaker 8: Look, I just don't believe in unconditional foreign military AIA that includes Egypt, that also includes Israel actually mean Israel, but it also includes Egypt, where my family immigrated from. And to me, that's because I believe that our kids have a right to our tax dollars that I'm about ten minutes away from schools that look like they did fifty years ago. Our money should be spent here rather than sent in the form of bombs or tanks to foreign governments, particularly when they're doing the most heinous things with them, as is the case with the government of Israel. I also just believe in international law, and I think we need to hold all foreign actors accountable to that international law. We've watched as Israel has conducted a genocide, has at baseline done apartheid, and has taken us into a war we have no business fighting. So why, of course are we sending money to that country to fund their military.
Speaker 6: Well, that's part of his policy. He doesn't believe in foreign aid. By the way, we send more. We spend more money here domestically than we ever do on foreign aid. Foreign aid comes for about one hundred percent of our budget. Bably, just so you know, we don't spend the overwhelming amount of American dollars on foreign aid. This is also I guess you could consider policy, and I want to take issue with him on international law. We're subject to American law. National law. The ICC International Criminal Court is bogus, but he believes it. Now quickly, here's another bit of policy. Cut eight. This is more policy from Abdula lux Monel said.
Speaker 1: Back down.
Speaker 5: We don't back down with all due respective.
Speaker 6: They go low, we don't go high.
Speaker 5: We take them to the mud and choke them out.
Speaker 6: So his policy is we will take you to the mud and choke you out.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: Above Special, our fastest on American media continues stay with us.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative on.
Speaker 2: The Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 10: To give you an example, one of the more controversial ones is that Piker has said America deserved nine to eleven. Are you comfortable with that association?
Speaker 11: No, I am not.
Speaker 9: I think that's a dumb statement. On the other and he has a whole lot of followers, and there's a lot of things that he's saying that are making sense to a lot of people. I think, you know, we have to get above cancel culture. You know, when you're doing radio whatever they do, the podcasts three hours a day, you say dumb things. I suspect if you go back over your career, there may be one or two things that you've said that you may have regretted, but I think what we have got to do is look at the totality of where people are coming from and go forward.
Speaker 10: So when someone like James Carvel says he doesn't want to be in the same political party as Hassan Piker, which one are you going to take?
Speaker 9: Well, that's not much of a choice. So mister Cavell doesn't want to be in my party, the party that I belong to, that Pika that I'll sell us as sayed belongs to. He can start his own party. But I think we need a big tent, and I think people like Pika I should be welcome into that.
Speaker 6: Certainly, Bernie Sanders explaining how a guy that says America deserved the terror attacks of nine to eleven belong in the Democrat Party, James Carville, who helped elect the President of the United States, can take a hike. That's Bernie Sanders, And he keeps saying my party. He's an independent. He doesn't even claim to be a Democrat where it counts. He runs as an independent. Oh Man. On this day in nineteen eighty six, Michael Rutski was found deaded from a heron overdose in boy George's London home in Hampstead, UK. Redski's parents later filed a wrongful death suit in Britain against boy George, seeking financial damages for this und death. But again that terrible day and the keyboard player for Culture Club debted of heron that would be heroin for those of you that don't speak. You Bunic had had too much heron and passed away sadly in nineteen eighty six. On this day. I always liked Culture Club and Boy George. You wanted policy. We had policy now. Elsai had also addressed those people who are of Jewish faith who have been I guess reluctant to support his campaign, and he also address those that have cut four and I do want to play this as well. This was part of this beach that he made this morning following his victory of less than a percentage point.
Speaker 5: I want to.
Speaker 4: Speak specifically to an issue that has been focused on in this race, to my Jewish American sisters and brothers. One of the most indelible memories of this campaign will have been the opportunity to break bread with you at Satr, to worship with you.
Speaker 5: At schule, to be embraced by you.
Speaker 4: And listening to sisters and brothers who said, you know, I want to join this movement because Apak doesn't speak for me, because I understand that self determination for one people does not require the quenching of self determination for another people, that unless all of us are free, none of us are free. I want to tell you the great gift that you've given me, and to all of my sisters and brothers of the Jewish faith or any faith at all, or no faith at all, I want you to know that my commitment to your safety, my commitment to Jewish safety, is the same commitment.
Speaker 5: That I have to the safety of my own daughters.
Speaker 4: Because if there is one question of a political philosophy that ought to animate us all.
Speaker 5: Is what would we build?
Speaker 4: What would we do if we treated all of our kids like they were all of our kids?
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, so he did that thing again that he does. What if we treated all of our kids like they were? What if we treated all of our kids like they were all of our kids? Interesting that I picked boy George song? Holy interesting that I picked a boy George song. Did I have a chance to listen to his new one? Pro Israel, anti Semitism is getting censored in certain areas. I have not and I've read about this. I think mister Robinson sent me something with boy Georgia mentioned it, and I have never had a chance to listen to it, and I'm gonna listen to it.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 6: I will always liked boy George. Now, Carlos, he said it the end of that. I don't want to listen to the whole thing. But the way that he ended that other one, that last one that we just played, he did that thing that he does again. He said it with the children. It's about the children at the very end. Okay, that like the last ten to fifty. Yeah, this we're looking to see whether we can just watchol like that part of his speech.
Speaker 4: Okay, and he does that hurt people, hurt people, then maybe if you're serious about ending the hurt, we should stop hurting people. If we treated all of our kids like they were all of our kids. Hmm, that hurt people, hurt people, then maybe if we're serious about the hurt, we should stop hurting people. If we treated all of our kids like they were all of our kids.
Speaker 6: Hum. Okay, does anybody disagree with these things by the way that he's saying. I mean, they sound if we just treated if you you hard hearts out there, if you would just treat all of our kids like they were all of our kids, then the world would certainly be the place that we've always wanted the world to be. Because hurt people hurt people, and if we're serious about getting rid of the hurt, then we have to stop the hurt people from hurting people by being hurt. And so no more hurt because people hurt too much and stopped it. See that, But it's true, It is so true. If if hurt people weren't hurting, then hurt people wouldn't hurt. And that's right, Carlos, don't look at me like that. If hurt people weren't hurting, then hurt people wouldn't hurt. And if you are serious, Carlos, about stopping hurt people from being hurt, then all of us would be able to stop hurt in people that hurt and hurt other people hurt. But only if what do you mean? That's only if hurt people are the only ones that hurt people. If hurt people stopped hurting, they would still be hurt people. How does that work? If hurt people weren't hurting, then they wouldn't hurt hurt people. Well do you mean? Not necessarily? And if you and everybody else would start treating all of our children like all of our children, then all my children might be a show on television, all my children, because they would be all of our children, and all of our children would no longer be hurt people that hurt people. They would be all of our children treated like all of our children.
Speaker 12: Vote for me, I mean before you, like, if it heard the vote for me, you could like think that maybe she's like doing slam poetry.
Speaker 7: You don't even know what you're like here to listen to.
Speaker 6: But I like these homilies. I do like these homilies, and I'm going to use these homilies myself. I'm going to use some of them. We have the ms PMS now you formally pms NBC reaction to some of this. First Stephanie Rule. I think Stephanie Rules is close to orgasmic as maybe I don't know her personal life at all, so I shouldn't say what I was about to say, but she sounds close to orgasmic over the victory. Well, maybe she doesn't. To me, it sounds that way. Stephanie Rule from PMS now formerly PMS NBC sounds close to orgasmic to me about the victory of l sayad, followed by Chris Jensing, who doesn't sound quite as orgasmic as her on the PMS now network. So let's play them back to back. First one you'll hear is Stephanie Rule from PMS now, followed by Chris Jensen from PMS now. Here we go.
Speaker 11: Republicans are excited and they're going to spend a zillion dollars on endless ads, calling El Sayed a communist and a socialist and it's going to break capitalism. But here's the thing. What he is is practical. What he is is focus on medicare for all and affordability at a time when Donald Trump has made life way more expensive because of the tax because of the war of the Iran, because of mass deportations. So I get it. They have an unlimited amount of money for these attack ads. But what words are they going to use in these ads? Because you cannot lie to people about their lived experience.
Speaker 13: I think people who are looking at this, particularly some Democrats who I've talked to, who are hoping that he will moderate some of his positions.
Speaker 9: I think one of the.
Speaker 13: Key ones to point to that he is not going to You just heard him talking about Israel, and I want to tell you really quickly. As I was getting on the plane this morning, a guy who was a big fan of MS NOW said to me, I'm anxious to see who wins. And I said, oh, did you vote? And he said yes, I voted for Haley Stevens. And I said, oh why and he said, well, because of Israel. And I don't like the position that Abdulah said has on Israel. And in fact, if he wins, I will be voting for Mike Rogers. And you could not get more far apart right from two candidates than Mike Rodgers and even Hailey Stevens. But it's going to be interesting to listen to that because this has been a primary conversation within this campaign, a campaign though that they clearly are celebrating they have won. But let's be clear, while this is a victory for progressives, the much tougher, it is still ahead.
Speaker 6: By the way she by the way, she didn't pronounce his name right, And I'm just I would hope that in the future miss Janison, you would actually show a little bit more respect or else keep his name out your damn mouth, baby like that? Okay, pronounce his name right, or keep his name out your damn mouth. Speaking of that, I wonder how Will Smith is doing. I haven't seen anything from here since he told Chris Rock to keep his wife's name out of his damn mouth. How longly ago was that? You remember when Will Smith slapped around Chris Rock like.
Speaker 7: He was a I was watching it for some reason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anybody heard from Will Smith lately?
Speaker 1: Is he.
Speaker 6: Anyway? That just reminds of that. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a clip of the day coming up. It's not the clip of today. I've had this clip and I've wanted to play it as a central part of the show for the last two days, but we have gotten so much other news. Huh, yes, it does.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: America small caffeinated Mom just just hit me up on the hit me up on a text message. That would be Ronda Shock America small caffeinated Mom. She said that sounds a bit like a Saturday essay. Well, well, Ronda, if you you know, Ronda's busy, She's doing everything, So Ronda please if you want to feel free, and we'd love to hear from you, because she the hurt thing, because I actually think that there's some profound stuff in that. Hurt people, hurt people, and if we want to get serious about hurt stopping hurt, we gotta stop hurting people, because there they hurt people and everybody's hurting and stuff. And I you know, and if we treated all of our children like our children, then all of our children would be all our children, and all our children would be on TV, all my children coming right back as the world turns, Carlos, do you you don't even know what I'm talking about? Do you see, Carlos, this is the benefit of being older. There's a lot of older people in this onting know exactly what I'm talking about when I say, all my children as the world turns on General Hospital with dark shadows coming all of these soap operas that used to captivate back in the good old days when women were oops, let me let me back out of that statement real quick. Back in the there was a time in America when there were more women at home, and they used to watch soap operas while they were doing their house chores. And stuff, and so they watched all these shows like all my children, As the World Turns and all that good stuff. I was a little kid when this stuff was going on, but these were very popular shows, and so they just stayed with me. And so if we treated every child like they were all like they were all of our children, then they would be all of my children. We'll be right back. Clip in the Day coming up, don't go away.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 2: On the Red Apple podcast Network. The Clip Barber Day.
Speaker 1: You want to hear it is the Clip Barber Days.
Speaker 6: And gentlemen, this one will go by within a half a minute. It is representative. Forget that I ever mentioned a platner at all representative role. Kahana from California as to why Democrats socialist candidates are winning elections.
Speaker 14: I'll tell you why they're winning. People are upset at a unfair political and economic system. They can't afford guests, they can't afford food. Young people can't afford to buy a home or get a job. But what I've said, I've called an economic patriotism that we need a future economy delivering prosperity, for every American and every community, not just enriching billionaires in a few places. And America's next new deal, and that's I call myself an FDR Democrat, and I think that's a big tent that can actually bring change in this country.
Speaker 6: The FDR Democrats are what got us in the position that we're in where people can't afford everything. So he just wants more of the same. James Goldman's certainly time to say goodbye. May God bless me, Please protect each and every single one of you, your families and your loved ones. God willing ladies and gentlemen. We're back tomorrow for the Thursday. I can't believe it already, the Thursday edition of boast Ely's Rush Hour, the fastest hour in American media. In the meantime, my friends, I bid you, I do with these words for you to remember, hurt people, hurt people, don't hurt. Bye.
Speaker 15: Thanks for listening to Bostrdley's Rush Hour. You can hear bos Nerdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 2: If you like the podcast, share it with your.
Speaker 15: Friends and listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app, hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 6: What the heck is going on here