Speaker 1: I was going to ask you, are you tired of this yet? Are are you ready to be like do this Sandy lose my number?
Speaker 2: No, I don't mind at all. It's it's actually pretty fun. Yeah, it is fun, right right, it's fun to do this. It can have its moments, just like any other job. It can be a drag at times, but overall it's I kind of been doing you and I've both been doing it a long time. Do you ever stop and think and go? Are they ever going to figure this out? That you know, like this is all smoking mirrors here?
Speaker 3: Loss?
Speaker 1: Is ever gonna really figure out that we're having way too much fun?
Speaker 4: Well, you've been at it longer than me, and when I left people still went to offices.
Speaker 3: That's true. I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're in a very different world now doing a radio show, but not doing it at remote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: That was like when we were young DJs in the business. That was the dream. You'd hear about a couple of like a really big the guy they would do it remotely, and you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you the truth.
Speaker 1: Though, given the a choice to do it, how to do it, You'll never be able to beat being in the studio with your crew, you know, real time. There's just there's no comparison calls everything. It's just it's just a different world that we live in. But again still in fact, it happened to me earlier today where a joke about it yesterday. There's how every virtual meeting starts. Nancy, you're on mute?
Speaker 3: Can you?
Speaker 1: And I remember looking back at like, can you believe how viral some videos went? People got that got caught on zoom doing things they didn't realize they were in a zoom meeting. The guy from the New York Times, do you remember that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: My favorite, though, was the guy at a at a city council meeting who has a a cat. Yeah, there's a judge. He was trying to explain that he is, in fact.
Speaker 3: Not a cat.
Speaker 1: I've gotten to wear I don't even like if I'm not doing something on zoom or teams or whatever, I cover my camera up. I got a little thing that I can slide across.
Speaker 3: Be just my luck, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: My life has been hard enough, let's not throw that into the mix.
Speaker 3: Coming up, it's The Sandy Show.
Speaker 1: Courtesy of r Bank or how simple it is to switch at www dot R dot bang. Remember fd I c hey, if you're grinding it out eight to five every single day, are really doing real hard, manual labor. The story we've got for you is probably going to annoy you when you find out how much Snoop is getting paid at the Olympics. That's coming up in the story We'd Love. JB is in again today, Patricia, Thanks again, man. I do appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Not making Snoop money for this apparent.
Speaker 4: No, but I can promote my own records all I want.
Speaker 1: His stories we love all right, if you have seen any of the Olympics at all this year, you have seen Snoop Dogg and he's doing what Snoop Dogg is doing, but you forget he is working, and he's making a half a million dollars a day, and when you add in the bonuses. I don't know how he gets bonused, but he's going to make fifteen million dollars by the end of the Olympic Games. Fifteen million bucks.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: To do that, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: He has got to be saying to himself, what a country I was. I was on trial for murder when something years ago. I'm a guy from the hood and look at me. Now he's got to be shaking his head and how did this happen to.
Speaker 3: Be just parading around Paris like he owns it? Yeah, because he kind of does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting. We talked about it earlier this week. It's really interesting what like NBC is trying to do with Olympic coverage. You know, it's like we grew up just you could only see what they chose to put on the channel, right, and now you can open the app and see every sport start to finish, every replay. It's kind of mind boggling. Like but anyhow, or I'm going with this is like NBC sitting there going we got to do things different, Like this is a different world.
Speaker 3: Let's put everything in the app.
Speaker 4: And I told you about I don't know if you ended up seeing Kevin Hart and Keenan Thompson doing some cut ins together hysterical, like hysterical and they you know, they've always moved their morning program the TV Hoda and help me out, Jenna Bush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they've always.
Speaker 4: Spotlighted them in Olympics, but they're just I think there's a real shift from this serious hardcore sports journalist right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would put it like in terms of let's say football, they you can't ex and owe it so much, like you know what I mean? So inside the analysis, That's why John Madden was so big, because he was entertaining.
Speaker 3: We would talk about something that had nothing to do with Again.
Speaker 1: He's he's got a pork chop hanging out. He was that guy and they they've kind of gotten away from that. So it's good that bring some entertainment value back to sports.
Speaker 4: Well it's funny too, Like we just had the Tour de France and I do the Move podcast with Lance Armstrong. We were they aired our show on the Peacock app right, and like Lance will tell you, we don't know the most about cycling, but we may it really entertaining like he does in a different way. He's not going to go he's not going to go all deep on stats and all that stuff, but he'll tell you the ten thousand foot view right now.
Speaker 3: Is that something that you had to coach him a little bit on.
Speaker 1: Is like, dude, don't bore people with you know how much wattage they're putting out.
Speaker 4: There are some people who do like that stuff, so we try to find a balance. But there is a real interest in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Back to the point, like, I was just really noticing the efforts that NBC put into this Olympics, and it's great. I just don't know why we got to cram it all into two weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you. I wish it was a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: Snoop's real happy, make it five hundred, just goofing around, yep, just he says. In fact, I'm doing the things that I do to politically stay correct and just being Snoop Dogg. That's what I know how to do the best good for you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Post Malone collaborated with Tim McGrath for a track on his new album, which comes out on the sixteenth, and he released a sneak peek of it. We've got it for you in just a second. Thanks for being with us. JB is back with us again today. Tricia told me to tell you thanks. She's having a great time.
Speaker 3: That's like a virtual vacation T shirt. She just gave me right, So, but she did tell me to tell you hi. We mentioned asked earlier.
Speaker 1: You're a You're probably a lot like me, like his post Malone stuff in my personal playlist. No, but I'm curious about him and I like I like him, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: He's an interesting person. You know that the songs jump out to you. They're just not they're just not in my wheelhouse, you know what I mean. Super talented, but it's like I remember when he first hit the scene, Like you hear a song and you're like, whoa, who's that?
Speaker 3: Like you just knew it was it was something different.
Speaker 1: Post Malone called me up and said, hey, man, you want to collaborate on this this song, And I'd be like, do I have to leave faith Hill?
Speaker 3: No interest in working? Whatsoever?
Speaker 1: Did you get into Yellowstone and all the eighteen eighty threes?
Speaker 3: And yeah I did, I very much.
Speaker 1: Were amazing in eighteen eighty three or nineteen twenty three. I can't keep my ear straight when they were moving out west, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I have to think about which one's which? Which one was faith Hill?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to kind of like visualize it. But yeah, that was the second one. And then early nineteen hundred, nineteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Three, right, and it was hard to believe. It was like I mean faith Hill looked great in that and she was.
Speaker 4: They tried to make her look like homely and like, you know, it's a poverty strife to get across the country.
Speaker 3: She's still right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to recap, the new album's called f one trillion from Post Walow and you can look forward to a Tim McGraw collaboration on that. The name of the song is called wrong One JB. I got a question for you. Would you ever go to a robot dentist? Would you allow a dentist to perform to put a crown on you? Great question?
Speaker 3: Would you do it? Because it's a reality today? No? Okay answer? Let other people be guinea pigs for a while. Right, Well, listen to this.
Speaker 1: Mark Zuckerberg's dad Ed has successfully managed the world's first all robotic dental procedure in Colombia.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that's such a big deal, but it didn't happen in the United States. What are they going to do is use robots to do procedures like crown placements in just fifteen minutes. There's part of a group that raised thirty million dollars to get this robot operating. It has a ninety percent accuracy rate, as opposed to conventional X rays, which are forty percent accurate. I don't care right now, No, but maybe later on down the road when I need dentures or something. Yeah, I let the robot throw those in there, but no, I want the dentist to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our testing of autonomous cars, right, they're out there blocking up traffic and banging into it.
Speaker 1: Talking about my teeth, right, hands in your mouth. I had the best, Yeah, I had the best the hygienists, best hygienists I've ever had. If I last my cleaning a couple of weeks ago, you know why, because she didn't talk all the time, you know what.
Speaker 4: I mean, And you can't, i know, ask any questions about your personal life that you cannot answer.
Speaker 1: Right, or tell you or tell you about theirs that you don't care about.
Speaker 3: And I told her that.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know what, you're the perfect They don't hygienis talk with my mouth when I can speak, when I can answer, and you don't rattle on and on.
Speaker 3: And she's like, thank you.
Speaker 1: She really appreciated that because she's like, sometimes I wonder, you know, if people want to chat and I was like, well.
Speaker 4: The same thing when you get when I get my hair cut, I'd prefer just to sit there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's now an option on an Uber. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, you can say don't talk to me on an Uber. Of course I'm checking that. Oh my god, Jabe Tristia will wear an Uber driver out with the chatting like their best girlfriends.
Speaker 3: Just so, how long have you been driving Uber? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's in gonna ever? Throw up in your car? What's some cool places? Like Tricia, You're that, You're that passenger everybody talks about. But getting back. That's a great comparison the autonomous cars, the robot dentist.
Speaker 3: We're just not there yet.
Speaker 4: We're not there, no, no matter how much you force it.
Speaker 3: If we're just not there, right, Yeah, you are.
Speaker 4: You're not going to turn a machine loose in your mouth with drills and everything.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not, And I'm not getting in a car that doesn't have a driver in it in the driver's seat.
Speaker 3: I've not done that.
Speaker 1: I've ridden in a Tesla on autopilot, but there was someone in the driver's seat.
Speaker 3: I haven't done that either. Pretty amazing, scary because you just don't.
Speaker 4: Know you and you and I are the only two with left without Tesla's right, I think you're probably in the world.
Speaker 1: I think we are. I don't want one. That's cyber trucks. The dumbest second thing I've ever seen. I saw one yesterday the air. There goes another.
Speaker 3: Idiot traded in his hummer. That's the cyber truck. Right.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're just joining us, make sure you grab the Sandy Show podcast. It is available every single day where you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh, mister JB. He sure brings in the listeners.
Speaker 1: It's like four times as many people download the podcast in the last since you've been on this week than they have in the last month.
Speaker 3: So thank you.
Speaker 4: Just whoever the powers would be, just have them back up the brinks trucks.
Speaker 3: Let's just make me an offer, right, get it where you get your podcast. All right?
Speaker 1: So maybe I'm weird, but you know, I sometimes find myself cheering for the bad guy, you know, especially the art heist. That's my favorite type of heist, people that steal valuable, priceless pieces of art because it takes a lot of thought, right, and I wonder what they do with them after that? If it's just in some creepy guy's basement or you know what I mean. Yeah, if someone stole the mona, Lisa, what are you gonna do with it?
Speaker 3: I know, just go stare at it on your personally. That makes no.
Speaker 1: Sense, it doesn't. But listen to this guy. I think you're going to kind of like this GB There's a guy. He's fifty seven years old, and he is a maintenance man, all right, and he's a maintenance man at a vineyard. And for the last fifteen years he's been stealing wine from some of the top wineries in France that he worked at. And he would take these bottles two at a time, three at a time, four at a time.
Speaker 3: No one's gonna notice, and no one did for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: All in all, he had eight thousand bottles of wine that he never drank a drop of or sold. He just kept them in his cellar, I guess. And he says he just wanted to quote sit in the middle of his cellar to contemplate them.
Speaker 3: So he decided to come clean on this phone. He got taught.
Speaker 1: Security cameras caught him sneaking four bottles of wine out and then they went.
Speaker 3: And then they found the whole stat eight thousand bottles of wine.
Speaker 1: But part of me is like, wow, that good for you, I know, you know, like they're not going to miss couple here, couple there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, apparently they were not missing him for fifteen years, right. I mean, whoever keeps Track's inventory did not pick it up, right.
Speaker 1: They were right, They not do inventory in France, But I don't know. I was like, I think it's amazing. He never drank a drop of it or sold any of it, so it's all getting returned to the people that he stole it.
Speaker 3: From and potentially worth a lot more. Right.
Speaker 1: I've always like people that have wine cellars in their home, like very over the top thing for me. You know, wow, all wines in your house. My grandma used to store pickled beets and okra in the cellar. Yes, yeah, with the paraffin top. Do you remember the wax paraffin wax on top of it.
Speaker 3: That was Yeah, it was weird to me. We never ate it. It was for tornadoes.
Speaker 1: That's what I was told, all right, grandma, whatever, We're just gonna eat eat till the tornado goes by.
Speaker 4: Hey, For those of you who have never had the pleasures of Midwest basements. There's all kinds of creepy things that go on there and you're you're.
Speaker 1: Missing, Yeah, you're right. Just things go down there and are just forgotten where it lives. It's kind of like a farm too, Like you ever been on a farm or a ranch. If a piece of equipment breaks.
Speaker 4: Down where it lives, it's just there forever now it's it's now tractor right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. He's JB. My name is Sandy. Thanks for being with us today. We got more coming up and don't forget. You can stream us online at one O three to one Austin dot com. Hey look, I doubt anybody listening right now had tickets to see Journey in the UK or Ireland, But if you did, I got some bad news for you. It's coming up in just a second. JB is in for Tricia today. Find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio. So Journey has canceled their UK and Ireland leg of the tour because what they call circumstances beyond the band's control, but some people are saying that has to do with ongoing issues between Neil Sean, who's guitar player, and Jonathan Kine, who plays the keyboards in the band. Apparently they've been budding heads for years and years and years, but somehow they were able to set it aside and continue. Well, they can no longer do that, but I'm big. I've always been a big fan of eating back in the Steve Perry days. Not so much with the new guy. But here's what I can tell you, and I've read this over and over that Neil Sean is the biggest pain in the rear, Like he just hates that he's not the star of the band. And that's why, that's why Steve Perry left. Because Neil Sean was a child prodigy guitar player. I mean he played plaid woodstock when he was a teenager, you know what I mean. I didn't know he's in the videos with Jimmy Hendrix, and so he's always been this incredibly talented guy, but just could never handle the fact he's got no star quality, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Real talented, real talented, but no it factor and can't accept what that group was as an ensemble.
Speaker 4: It was amazing. Right, I'm the best ever? Right you know, you know what's weird about this stuff now too. A lot of bands forever would be like, yeah, I'm done with that. I'm not going to rock and roller anymore, let's quit.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: You have these instances of selling the library later, like Queen just did for one point two billion dollars.
Speaker 3: What is a Journey library? Oh too, It's right, it's up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Queen may be bigger, but a lot it's pretty close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and so so you see where.
Speaker 4: I'm going with that, Like these bands are having to kind of rethink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, keeping that you bring in.
Speaker 4: The next generation and the next generation, and then you sell your library, Like Journey should always be relevant, right, and you know it's still worth a fortune if how can you not sort it out, sell the catalog and get on with your life. They go buy your island, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Now, some of this is There were some news that Jonathan Came was suing Neil Sewan for allegedly misusing the band's American Express account, like running up some really big bills on the band's.
Speaker 3: Credit card, too many late night favors. So and maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little super sub eats will make you go broke.
Speaker 4: But it's probably if they're picking apart a charge on the they're just looking for anything, yeah, to try to call a breach of contract.
Speaker 3: Of something exactly they say.
Speaker 1: According to the Knees lawsuit, Journey's finances are so messed up that they can't pay their crew or a production company. They may want to sell that library sooner than later.
Speaker 4: Right, Sometimes, Wow, too bad work, It's too bad that is, that's sad it is.
Speaker 1: And they've been on been out on for fifty years. This is their fifty anivers fiftieth anniversary tour