Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes you just have to enjoy the fruits of your victory, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We fight for truth justice in the American way every day, lots of different ways, but sometimes you just have to savor the w's And I think this is one of these days. I mean, you know, we'll have some other stuff to talk about, but we.
Speaker 3: Can't just drive past so fast.
Speaker 1: You know, the monumental event, you can't even call it a speech, right, It was a monumental political undressing, a monumental political triumph that President Trump had on Tuesday night. Plus it's just so much fun and there's more to talk about there, so we'll continue to enjoy that and talk about, you know, the importance of it going forward. And then we also have to enjoy the hearing yesterday with Lawless Mike and some of these other sanctuary city mayors. And again against the backdrop of wait a second, we already know we've won this, right, It's kind of like being a Christian, you already know who wins in the end, right, but we already know that that politically, Trump and the GOP have won this issue. And now you have these outliers, you know, like a handful of people still fighting World War two forty years later in a jungle somewhere. You got these outliers like lawless Mike, you know, just insisting that the no the protection of people here illegally who have committed other crimes and ended up in our jails is the top priority of the mayor.
Speaker 3: You know, you've already won.
Speaker 1: The battles, so you just have to enjoy as the layers start to unravel. So we're going to play some more sound from that hearing on the Hill yesterday, So enjoy that.
Speaker 3: And then but I want to open with the.
Speaker 1: Latest piece of evidence that just proves true what we talked about all summer leading up to election day, when the constant messaging here was, Hey, just relax, enjoy this.
Speaker 3: Trump's got it. He's going to win.
Speaker 1: There's no way America's electing Kamala Harris. And one big reason for that is the absolutely brilliant Trump ad that Elon Musk funded over one hundred million dollars worth, which decidedly tipped the scales in his favor, which just said, no, no, this is goofy lunacy. You know, no men in women's bathrooms or showers or sports that this is insanity and it's got hand. And so we have seen I think the first top tier capitulation on that, in the form of Gavin Newsom. I'll play that sound for you now. But then the question is how soon do the others follow? How soon does Bennett follow? Right, because Michael Bennett, we haven't had time to talk about this with all this other fun stuff going on. Michael Bennett now apparently wants to be governor of Colorado. And we'll put that right up there, Ryan, with Jerry Polish for president, hicken Looper for president, Been for president, and me for QB one of the Broncos next year q BE two more realistic, QB one probably unreachable. But how soon now do the politically uncourageous follow?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Newsom himself is politically uncourageous. He would have been courageous to have taken this position a couple of years ago, mildly courageous to have taken it before election day, right now that this is just survival, right, this is just trying to find a lifeboat and survive. And Gavin Newsom's surrendering on this how fast? Now do you see Polis, do you see Bennett? Do you see hicken looperor do you see others?
Speaker 5: And so the issue of fairness is completely legit. And I saw that the last couple of years. Boy did I saw how you guys were able to weaponize that.
Speaker 4: Issue another weaponized?
Speaker 6: Don't that's well Webinar's maybe the jority of you're right, but you were able to shine a light on highlight it in a way that frankly, there are not that many we're talking about I think N two a what five hundred and ten thousand?
Speaker 3: But no, no, but I just didn't realize.
Speaker 7: It's eight hundred ninety medals in trophies that we know of in the last five years.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 5: No, So I'm going to let me step back say completely fair on the issue of fairness. I completely agree. So that's easy to call out the unfairness of that. There's also a humility and a grace. You know that these poor people are more likely to commit suicide, have anxiety and depression and the way that people talk down to vulnerable communities is an issue that I have a hard time with as well. So both things I can hold in my hand. How can we address this issue with the kind of decency that I think you know, it's inherent in you, but not always expressed on the issue.
Speaker 1: So Newsome concedes this is unfair, right, and that is a major concession. Yeah, he's trying to walk the fence everything else, and that's how these people end up castrated, right, because they just try to straddle the fence that that is that's always going to end in. Castration can be literal, it can be metaphorical, but in the case of a male elected official, it's at least metaphorical because you end up with nobody respecting you because you don't have the courage to come down strongly on one side of the fence or the other. But make no mistake about it, that is a major surrender to acknowledge what no honest person could have ever disputed, that it is profoundly unfair for males to be playing in girls and women's sports. So how quickly now that this piece of the dam is broken how quickly do the others come along?
Speaker 3: Will there be any holdouts?
Speaker 1: So I'd love to get your taken that you can text as DN five seven seven three nine. Will Bennett be the first? Okay Bennett in Colorado? Because Bennett now eyeing the governor's office reportedly no official announcement, Polis clearly trying to eye the presidency. Who will be first? Will it be Polis? Who would be very wise? And this is where this is where his lack of political courage is really hurt him, right, because Polis could have broken out a couple of different ways. He should have come out a long time ago, you know, against boys and men in women's sports, and it would have helped him so much politically, but again, just kind of lacks that political courage and because he can't possibly believe it's okay, right, So will it be Polis who takes that leap first? Or will it be Bennett? Would love your take care. Your answer may be none of the above, And I hope you're right because it'll keep getting both of them thumped.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying Bennett's been thumbed.
Speaker 1: He's sitting in the US Senate right, but he's been a complete non factor in the US Senate.
Speaker 3: I think everybody would have to acknowledge that.
Speaker 1: Even Kyle referred to him as what the Cicada of criticism or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Cata of the Senate, because every thirteen years he comes around and says something.
Speaker 1: And guess what, if you are blessed to be handed one of the most powerful and important positions in the world, you never wantn't you're nickname to be cicada or phantom or ghost?
Speaker 3: Right right? So no, but it's common. It's common.
Speaker 1: I love these tipping points, especially when they're tipping the right way, and it's what we've expected for a long time for obvious reason, because the other side on these issues is absolutely crazy. And yeah eight f five zero five eight two five five takes d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 3: So as Bill Murray says, we got that going for us, Dan.
Speaker 1: Do you think Newsom really cares or plays a political card? One thousand percent political for him? There's I don't think anybody can look at Gavin Newsom and if any idea what he truly cares about, right, And the good thing is everybody gets that. Everybody gets that. Uh, this one's too long.
Speaker 3: I would have enjoyed that if it was shorter. All right, let's do this. Let's get you some of this because.
Speaker 1: Much of the show is going to be this really really fun sound today, a lot of which we didn't have time for yesterday, and some.
Speaker 3: Of it we just wanted to enjoy. We just want to enjoy some more.
Speaker 1: Let's start for those like me who care deeply about Colorado. Let's start with Congresswoman Bobert and a series of bites as she questioned lawless Mike yesterday.
Speaker 8: Thank you, mister Chairman, Mayor Mike Johnson. I hope we can start off on a level field.
Speaker 4: Of agreement here. So in your.
Speaker 8: Testimony, you said that locals were asking Denver, what will you do when they saw ten to eleven buses coming in a day and forty two thousand illegal aliens entering their city, Denver, what will you do? And in a Fox thirty one interview in January, you blamed state law for not allowing the city of Denver to coordinate with ICE, resulting in Denver being a sanctuary city, saying, quote, the whole state is bound by our state law in this, which is pretty consistent in some of these practices like every where in the state, we don't honor ice detainers.
Speaker 3: End quote. I've demanded Governor Jared.
Speaker 8: Poulis and the Colorado State legislature to repeal them. Douglas County has led on a lawsuit to get those laws repealed.
Speaker 1: What a brilliant way to start. I'm so impressed with how prepared she was. And then she drops the hammer.
Speaker 8: So, mister mayor, would you join me today and calling and demanding that these sanctuary policies, these Colorado state laws be repealed.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Congresswoman bless or.
Speaker 3: No, mister mayor, yes or no? Will you join me?
Speaker 9: I do not believe the detaieral on needs to be changed, so I can.
Speaker 3: Oh, that is so beautiful.
Speaker 1: What a brilliant start, because Congressman's absolutely right, he's been hiding behind that. Hey, that's all the state. I'm bound by state law. What a brilliant place to start, because now far beyond yesterday, you know, he owns it.
Speaker 2: He own it.
Speaker 1: No, he wants this to be the state of the law, which puts him in a bit of a pickle because it's completely undefensible and it's getting innocent people raped and killed. So brilliant start by Congressome and Bolbert. We'll have more of that.
Speaker 3: We'll have Gabe Evans questioning Lawless.
Speaker 1: Mike and Jim Jordan had a really important riff as well, and then we'll bring back some of the great Trump highlights from that event.
Speaker 3: Can't even call it a speech.
Speaker 1: That event that beat down at transformational evening on Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Because of the second item that we're going to display here, which is the standard FBI fingerprint card, something that I filled out for over a decade when I was a police officer, which has those items as mandatory fields, location of and then the citizenship. And so I've heard, being a cop in the Denver metro area that police officers in Denver are being told not to fill out those mandatory fields in the FBI fingerprint card, which could potentially indicate why you're unsure of how many of these crimes are being committed by illegal immigrants in your city. So the second question is will you allow Denver police officers to fill out all of the information on an FBI fingerprint card to including asking for and recording the citizenship status.
Speaker 1: See this is absolutely brilliant, right, because what Johnston and other lefties try to do is they try to say, hey, wait, crime is down in the city since.
Speaker 3: The quote newcomers arrived.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I think they're wrong about that, and they're manipulating statistics. But let's say for a second they were right. Totally completely irrelevant. What's relevant is how many crimes are being committed by people who.
Speaker 3: Should not be here.
Speaker 1: That's what's relevant, because no elected official can look a victim or a victim survivor in the eye and justify a crime committed by somebody who should not be here. So Gabe Evans has zeroed in on what really matters and what he has just uncovered, and you'll hear the rest of it is that, yes, of course, Johnston, Polis.
Speaker 3: All the other lefties in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Are covering up that key piece of information, how many crimes are being committed by people here illegally because they don't want you to know the truth. If you knew the truth, you would throw them out of office. That's what's going on here. So great job by Gabe Evans. Here's the rest of it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Congressman.
Speaker 9: Right now, under city ordinance, we do not ask someone status a point of contact, and that does not prejudice in any way our prosecution.
Speaker 3: We believe it doesn't matters.
Speaker 4: We're saying from thank you, mister crime.
Speaker 3: So you're not aggressively redless.
Speaker 2: So you're not filling out the FBI fingerprint card is required right now.
Speaker 9: We are filling out information when folks arrive, and none of that information prevents us from prosecuting them to the full extent of the law, which is.
Speaker 4: What we do.
Speaker 3: Thank you, mister mayor.
Speaker 2: So not filling out the FBI fingerprint card, which would directly contradict your statement that you want people who are illegally present in the country and committing crimes to be held to account for those crimes, and I.
Speaker 1: Dropped the mic. That's absolutely brilliant. It proves the case. If we were in a court of law right now, Johnston would lose because Gabe Emans has proven Johnston is guilty of that.
Speaker 3: He's a total phony, a total lie.
Speaker 1: When he says that he wants to make sure that people here illegally you commit other crimes, are deported, he's lying about that because if he was telling the truth. Then he would lead the charge to have Denver police and other officials record the immigration status of those arrested for serious crimes.
Speaker 3: So this was absolutely brilliant by Gabe Evans.
Speaker 2: I think that the statistics that we've gone through in the space of crime show why Denver is specifically cratering in their public safety statistics as compared to major cities around the country.
Speaker 3: Actually false.
Speaker 2: I can show you my statistics, and as a police officer, I am here to make sure that we are uplifting the voices of the victims of these crimes who are being taken advantage of in communities that provide sanctuary to dangerous illegal criminal gangs like Trendy Argua, which your jail release just last week we talked about somebody back into the community. We must take care of our victims. I've brought legislation, the Uplift Act, to focus on this. We're here to protect the victims and Mayor I would ask you to join me on that we've already.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 1: And you know, one of the really cool things here is not only did we have a lot Republicans win and most critically gave in that very close race up there that was critical to control of the House. But they're really talented, they're different difference makers, they're effective, effective, and that's obviously great for America, but it's also great for the GOP in Colorado because you're electing impressive, effective people. That's going to help me get reelected. But obviously it's going to help. It's going to help the Republican Party statewide. How much depends on some other factors, but it is a big help. So that was absolutely brilliant. And then you look at the deception. There's so many layers of deception from Mayor Johnston in Denver, which is really sad to me because I've known him in terms of interviewing him on air a lot over the years and really liked him, and up to a certain point, I thought he was a straight shooter who just saw the world differently than me, and we had some great conversations. But I think he's really changed least in his political life, and he's now entered into this realm where he's willing to lie all the time, say these things that are absolutely false, never blink an eye. And my only thought is, and I'm sure he doesn't care about this, but just kind of some sadness for him, right, because no matter how much power you gather anything else, that has to be a very sad way to live. And you have to know that eventually, eventually the anvil's going to drop, because if you live a lie, eventually then anvil drops.
Speaker 3: And so so a beautiful job there by Gabe.
Speaker 1: Now Gabe and that questioning have referred to this terrible position law enforcement. In this case, Ice was put in of having to chase this TDA gang member through a parking lot because Mayor Johnston in Denver, not our great Denver police.
Speaker 3: This is out of their hands. This is the left wing politicos.
Speaker 1: What would not sensibly cooperate with Ice to take a TDA member off the streets.
Speaker 3: I said to wait outside in the.
Speaker 1: Parking lot of the facility to get this guy as he came out, which obviously dramatically increases the risk to law enforcement. But it's just another just another way we can see that that clearly these lefties do not care about the great men and women in blue. And I know that's not breaking news, but it's worth remembering on a regular basis because one of these days the g and it might be in this cycle the GOP is going to have a shot at winning statewide a big race. Once it does, I think then the dam is going to break. And so reminding people of just the reality of these people on the left, I think is an important thing to do. Three or three someone three, eight, two, five, five the number text d an five, seven, seventh through nine.
Speaker 3: When we come back, I want to talk.
Speaker 1: About some things that excite me, hopefully we'll excite you, but some very real, practical paths to victory here. I'm not saying it's easy. I'm not saying it's slammed dunk. It wouldn't be any fun if it was easy and slam dunk. But you know, the American Revolutionary War wasn't exactly easy. Wasn't slam dunk. What were the Vegas odds on that one?
Speaker 3: Do you remember?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: You can call it pretty poor? Washington sprung a big upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm trying to remember where Vegas had that. Oh yeah, Vegas wasn't there yet. But if they were there, they would have had the Patriots at what maybe ten to one against one hundred to one against. But there is a path. It's real it's concrete, it's creative, and when we come back, want to run if five, I see what you'd think.
Speaker 3: You're on the Dankapla show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 10: And as they have decided to go after immigrants and these and things like that, and they said, oh, they've taken your black jobs.
Speaker 3: They'd taken you black jobs.
Speaker 10: Not really, they are obviously jobs that they want us to go back to, such as work in the fields. All right, those immigrants that come into our country, they work the fields, something that we ain't done in a long time. And clearly he is trying to make us go back to the fields.
Speaker 1: I love it when Democrats talk like that, right, I mean, it just keeps getting better because we got to understand something.
Speaker 3: This is gravity. There is only so much. It's a lot, and.
Speaker 1: It's a lot more than we've done, but there's only so much we can do as conservatives to convert people to our costs. And the reason for that is because in it I was a Democrat for years, so I know of what I speak. The reason for that is there is such a deep, thick layer of just anti Republican stereotype out there that no matter how much we do for some humans, we will never be able to cut all the way through that wall. The Democrats are going to have to do it for us. Now, there's a lot we can do to persuade a lot of people that, don't get me wrong, But there's.
Speaker 3: A certain group and it's not a small one where only.
Speaker 1: The Democrats can cut through that wall for us, and so many of them are doing that for us. And so now part of it is you just have to sit back and enjoy this moment where Trump has broken their brains, They've been exposed, and now they're just floundering and doing crazy stuff like that because right Ryan, you've got the big money on the left, You've got their hardcore lefty constituents saying do something. You got to do something, do something. So they're throwing a lot of dumb punches instead of smart punches.
Speaker 7: Well, that would qualify what you just heard as a dumb punch, because I want to ask the fundamental question of you, Dan, why is it okay for illegals to come into this country and work in the fields. But that's beneath African Americans to work in the fields. But it's okay for illegals to be here work in the fields, do it for subpar wages, undercut the wages of legal Americans.
Speaker 1: Well, right, great point because listen, we all know what's going on, right, And it leads to another critical point about Mike Johnston. And what's going on is the Democrats don't give a darn about these folks south of the border. They see them as political pawns, and the Democrats don't think twice about luring them to make the long trip up where they know a lot of women and girls will be raped, they know that a lot of people will be murdered, and the Democrats don't care at all about the humanity of those people.
Speaker 3: They view them as political pawns, as future votes. So they just use this magnet to.
Speaker 1: Suck everybody up through the border, knowing before Trump got elected there's going to be a huge number of folks who are coming in unvetted with serious criminal histories, in addition to a very large number of people who are otherwise good people. But the Democrats just don't care about the humanity of the people they're attracting up through the border. And this brings us back to Mike Johnston. The mayor of Denver, who I believe just so phony when it comes to this pretend concern for people coming here illegally, because if he really cared about the humanity of those folks, he would be with Lauren Bobert and Ryan Shuling and you and me and everybody in leading the charge to make sure that people here illegally who are committing other crimes are busted, they're jailed, they're turned over to ICE.
Speaker 3: He'd be leading the charge. Here's why, because a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the victims of people here illegally you are committing other crimes, are people here illegally.
Speaker 3: So if Mike Johnston really gave a.
Speaker 1: Darn about the people here illegally who are not committing crimes, he would be working with us to hammer those who are.
Speaker 4: But not for them and the laft.
Speaker 1: All they see these people as is numbers, as future votes.
Speaker 4: And you don't need any more proof than that.
Speaker 1: Bill Hick and Luper and Vented are pushing right that says ICE can't detain any buddy here illegally at a polling place.
Speaker 4: And it's further down the road of the ugliness. That is an ugly remark you just.
Speaker 7: Heard from Representative Jasmine Crockett Dan because it says the quiet part out loud. They want to create a permanent underclass dependent on the government, scared out of their minds, working for cut rate wages, which undermines the very union workers and organized labor that the Left pretends to endorse.
Speaker 4: And they're doing it.
Speaker 7: Again in a way that does not respect the dignity, the humanity of those coming across our border illegally.
Speaker 4: They just view them, like you said, as a number.
Speaker 1: Well, whatever Democrat understands, including Representative Crocket, is that the very existence and survival of the Left is dependent upon keeping Black Americans down economically, and keeping Brown Americans down economically because they know, and keeping some other Americans down economically, because the left knows that as soon as people start making and I think the current number is probably close to seventy thousand, seventy thousand or more, a majority are going to vote Republican. So they're very survival. Tink about how pervers this is depends upon keeping all these people down. Yeah, and that's again why you should be so optimistic that this trend.
Speaker 3: Line is going to continue.
Speaker 1: You know, a few bumps down there, but this trend line is going to continue, and the Democrats are going to continue to get shrunken and marginalized and Conservatism growing because the big tipping point, and you can see they're scared to death of it now. Right on the left, the big tipping point is going to be with people of color, when more and more folks just understand what the left is really doing to them.
Speaker 3: And the combination, Ryan, I think this is so critical.
Speaker 1: It's a combination not only of that, but but also of the GOP being more appealing. And let me throw this out there for folks to shoot at. I don't think the GOP in my entire lifetime.
Speaker 3: Has ever been a fraction a fraction as strong as it is right now.
Speaker 1: I think there is ten times more really appealing elite talent in the GOP than we have ever seen in my lifetime before. And I think Trump deserves an awful lot of that credit. But when have we ever seen this? Right? And we get a little tunnel vision and we get zoomed in on the bench, the presidential bench, right, and that's the biggest bench we've ever seen in our lifetimes. And when we talk about diversity, I'm not talking about race or gender. I'm just talking different types of talent diversity. Now, you happen to have a lot of race and gender diversity in there. But think about how deep that presidential bench is heading into twenty eight, which really begins in twenty But then you go beyond that and you start to drill down. I mean, just look at the congressional delegation right look at Colorado. Right now, look at the talent in that congressional delegation in Coloradoh yeah, And so you see the GOP just presenting such a more appealing alternative to so many folks who traditionally vote Democrat, including a lot of folks of color.
Speaker 3: It's combined with the Democrats just kind of imploding and screwing.
Speaker 7: People at color I mean, they are their own worst enemies, and Jazz and Crockett just proved that once again. But it's a miracle, nothing short of it, Dan, that we have a four and four House delegation from Colorado in the Congress with Gabe Evans and Jeff Hurd and Jeff Crank and Lauren Bobert. And further to your point, even back in the eighties, the Helsionic days, for most of us that started following politics as gen xers in the Reagan years.
Speaker 4: He never had unified government.
Speaker 7: He never had a Republican Congress, of the Republican House and a Republican Senate. He had to kind of make deals with Tip O'Neil and Democrat controlled House. The fact that the Republicans currently hold all three of those, the House, the Senate, the Presidency, and continuing down this road, That's why I hope so much, Dan, that over these next two years that Trump can have just a wave of successes that will bolster his argument of holding on to power in the United States government.
Speaker 1: And nothing's guarantee guarantee, but I think that's almost guaranteed at this point, right. I mean, everybody's nervous about the terrorists and the market and the this and the that. That there is every reason to trust Trump on this right based on the first term, and I think he has thought much more deeply about this than most people. But he's willing to do more, to do more dramatically, to do more boldly. That presents the chance for some truly transformational change, and we saw enough of that in the first term. I'm talking about economically now that I'm very optimistic. We'll see it again in this second term, so so many reasons to be optimistic. We're just enjoying all of this today A d An five seven seventeen nine. When we come back, all right, Michael Bennett, all signs are that he's going to enter the governor's race in Colorado.
Speaker 3: How do you think that's going to go?
Speaker 4: You're on the Dan.
Speaker 3: Capla Show, No impact traffic.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 11: Media and our friends in the Democrat Party kept saying we needed new legislation, we must have legislation to secure the border. But it turned out that all we really needed was a new president.
Speaker 3: One of the great.
Speaker 4: Lines of the right because it's.
Speaker 1: It's so obviously true, and it's so important, and it just exposes the Democrats as the liars they are, and which ties into and Ryan. I don't know if anybody has any interest in this whatsoever, which is really intriguing to me, because every time we try to talk about the Colorado governor's race that's on right now, nobody's interested. Nobody's interested, and it wasn't that way in the past. So I wonder what that is. Maybe people will want to talk about why nobody's interested, But truly nobody's interested. Bennett now making all this noise, looks like he's going to get in.
Speaker 3: I'd love to get somebody's take on this.
Speaker 1: And why do you think at this point there appears to be so little interest in the governor's race?
Speaker 3: Is it too far away? Do people just think, hey, some Democrats going to win? So why bother?
Speaker 7: What do you think it is well for our audience? For me, we don't have a Republican nominee, do we or a candidate that's declared a Republican.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought Scott Bottoms had declared you're correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, Scott Bob, that is one you are correct, sir, I know.
Speaker 7: But on the left even I mean Phil none the wiser, I trademarked the name that was mine and no, it's Michael Bennett's totally mine.
Speaker 3: One D called that since he went to pre K.
Speaker 4: So, Michael Bennett. You think Jenna Griswold will run?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Has she declared? Has she gotten out in public?
Speaker 3: But she's in?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's just no way she could. Anybody that would give a.
Speaker 1: Doptions, there's no way she can win family if you've ever heard of identity politics. I mean, that's what the Democrats are all about. They're the opposite of doctor King. It's not about merit, it's about identity politics.
Speaker 4: She is so unqualified.
Speaker 1: But if you're the Democratic Party, look at it, right, because right now they're they're flailing because they're getting exposed, right, and so they're so high and mighty DEI all that, and almost all the top jobs are boring old white guys. So you know you isn't a boring ol whica. You and I both agree, right, if he runs, it's his I think he's the most formidable candidate. Yeah, so I don't think. But what a great question.
Speaker 4: You see.
Speaker 1: I don't think Bennett makes this noise about getting in unless he thinks Goose is not, or maybe it's designed to just force no Goose's hand box him out, or to force his hand, because I think everybody acknowledges if Joan no Goose gets in on the dem side, hes he's almost certain to be the nominee.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: What about the criss cross effect here?
Speaker 7: Though maybe they are in cahoots Bennett and a Goose meaning Bennett runs for governor.
Speaker 4: And oh, by the way, Joan A. Goose slides into that Senate seat.
Speaker 3: It challenges Hick and Looper in a primary.
Speaker 4: No, Bennett's seat, Bennet woul happen?
Speaker 1: Well, right, Panda, the seat, wouldn't he No, right, Well, that's a great question, but he wouldn't have to Oh yeah, nothing there now?
Speaker 3: Why them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why should he?
Speaker 1: But I mean it's a good question as to whether he would or not. Right, But you could see where the play there might be because if my mask's right, Bennett's up in twenty eight, right, So we're talking about the twenty six governor's race. So Bennett stays in the Senate through the campaign, and then if he wins, hicken Looper appoints himself to that Senate seat and serves out the last two years, appoint pol Us appoints did I say, Hick and they're all the same. Yeah, and they're starting to look the same too. But but and I'm referring to Polus and Hick and lu print Bennett. So then yeah, so if my masks right, if Bennett holds onto the Senate seat while he runs for governor, he might not, but if he does, then Bennett wins, Polus appoints himself to Bennett's the last two years of Bennett's Senate seat, and then runs for it. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I mean anyway that it's very clear we're the only two people who care at all about that.
Speaker 1: I'm at least somewhat, but nobody has any interest in the governor's race.
Speaker 4: You decline something, Yeah, oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Let's see, it's interesting we're starting to get some texts that are anti Justice Barrett, right, because I know, we just had this very surprising Scotus decision where Justice Barrett went against most of the other Conservatives and said that a federal court judge, trial court level.
Speaker 3: Judge, and you know that's a very very big deal in any.
Speaker 1: System, including the federal system, upheld that judge in forcing Trump to issue two billion dollars in foreign aid payments.
Speaker 3: That was a very surprising ruling.
Speaker 1: And so I know that any MacArthur who just knows the Supreme Court inside and out thought for sure it was going the other way. Obviously, Justice Alito was apoplectic over it in his dissent, and so we're starting to get a bunch of those texts. Now, what I would suggest is, don't give up. Don't give up confidence in Justice Barrett, hoping Justice Barrett, I think it's one of the very best appointments ever. And what I read into I think we know now Ryan, right, why on Tuesday night at the President's addressed to Congress there were only four sitting Supreme Court Justice members there, right, Because I think you had others who knew this opinion was coming down the next day and they were angry about it, and they weren't going to sit there at the President's address, and it appear to be phonies.
Speaker 3: I think they were upset about that decision.
Speaker 7: Yeah, trying to remember Barrett was there, Kagan was there, Chief was there, The retired Justice Anthony Kennedy was there.
Speaker 4: It was interesting, right, and the Chief John Robins was there.
Speaker 2: That was that it.
Speaker 3: But I was wondering that night, why are there only four?
Speaker 1: And then the next morning it became clear because this very surprising ruling against Trump was coming down, and I think I think Justice Gorsich was not there the.
Speaker 3: Other night, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Kavanaugh was there here, right, right, I think you had some justices who just, you know, does it surprise you?
Speaker 7: And it does me that Amy Cony Barrett is becoming more of a problem than we even thought Brett Kavanaugh.
Speaker 3: Was going to be.
Speaker 1: Well, Listen, I don't want to say problem right because I get it. All I'm saying is I admire her in some many different ways. I think she's a brilliant legal mind. I think she's a very courageous originalist jurist, and so I don't read some of these opinions where I would have gone the other way as somehow alarming or concerning. She strikes me as the last justice on the face of the earth, or the last judge on the face of the earth, who's going to get swept away in wanting to impress the East coast to lead or anything like that. I think you've got somebody of deep faith who just feels this obligation to follow the law as she sees it, no matter where it leads her. But no, I'm very very happy that she got appointed, and I'm optimistic about the future with her. I know others disagree. We'll take those calls as well. And when we come back another topic, how do you explain the huge turnout on ASH Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Is the world changing