Speaker 1: Podcast listeners.
Speaker 2: Hello there, welcome. My name's Ben and I'm Nicole and this is Wicked and grim at true crime podcast that's been going on for how long? One MOFO year.
Speaker 1: I was gonna swear, but I was like, I'll save that till later.
Speaker 2: Our podcast is as of today, as of this Tuesday, February eighth.
Speaker 1: One year old, one year old.
Speaker 2: One year old, one year old. And how many episodes have we come out with? We should have looked at up we started that. I think we're at like sixty two.
Speaker 1: But that's not like including when we did Halloween Week, right, because we didn't really necessarily include that as a one or two or three and stuff.
Speaker 2: I know, I think that includes some yow does it? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, I wasn't too sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that we included those into that. Let me see. I'm just looking right now seeing if I can find it. Yeah. So this is the sixty third episode. My gosh, we came up with sixty three episodes in one year. Bibe. Cheers, Cheers you guys, cheers to you. Thank you very much for your supportive of this last year. It's been absolutely incredible.
Speaker 1: My gosh, it's just blown us out of the Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we're going to go over a little bit of a long intro today because we want to do some recapping on just looking back in the podcast a bit.
Speaker 1: So, but we still do have a podcast for you to listen to. I've researched the case not so you're just like, oh my gosh, it's a recap episode done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There, we're doing a case.
Speaker 2: And this is a legit case.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: We're just taking a little bit extra time in the intro today for a little bit of talking and bullshit. So we're gonna shoot the shit a little bit here more than normal. That's all we're saying. That's all we're saying. All we're saying. But before we do that, before we do that, can we think are amazing patrons? Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say something else and I was like, yeah, let's do it. I'm into it.
Speaker 2: Well. First of all, thank you to all the Patreon individuals out there who have supported us over this last year, whether it was you've been with us from the start you're just joining in, whether you even got rid of your subscription. We appreciate the shit out of you. Joining in and supporting us even a little bit. Even if you haven't, we still love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to say that too, anyone that's listening like you're pretty much awesome.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. And in this last week we had a few new Patreon subscribers join on board, so here we go. We got Linda W who joined on We got Tammy Johnson Christine Beam, which I fucking love that name because it's like Christine Beam. I love it. It's got like such a flow to it. Does a Christina with a name like that, that's like a superhero name it is. That's a badass name. Maybe they're a superhero Christine. We're on to you. We got Sarah Granby, We got this one I love to Susie Q. Oh my gosh, right Susan Okay.
Speaker 1: I was just like, that's a song, isn't.
Speaker 2: It, Susie, cut.
Speaker 1: It go out there, Sue cue.
Speaker 2: I love that song. I'm a terrible singer. If you can't tell.
Speaker 1: This is not the first time you've sang.
Speaker 2: On you No, And for the record, I haven't tried to sing yet. That's just me playing around. If I actually try and sing, it's way worse. Worse. You can attest to that.
Speaker 1: Okay, honestly, actually, you're not that bad of a singer. I really don't think you're that.
Speaker 2: I'm mediocre at best, That's.
Speaker 1: What I would say, better than I am.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not saying much. Wow. Now, Okay, we also got a few more people here. We got Anna Pool or Poole. It's got a little apostrophy on the at the end there, so it's really hard to discern. Okay, but Anna, you badass. We got Glenna Gunston and Amber Lapaula and finally Joyce Rogers. You guys all joined us this last week Patreon, so thank you amazing, Right, guys are incredible. Thank you for having on board and supporting us. You're amazing. Without people like you, we couldn't be doing this. Without anyone tuning in, we.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be doing this, and I did actually probably would because you're probably Nicole, you have to give it a few years before we see success. And then I was like, like, how long been? Because I'm like I like to see success.
Speaker 2: After like episode one, You're like, why are we not famous yet?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that is not how I am pretty much. No, there's no way I'm not that bad.
Speaker 2: Basically because episode one was Theoutla Pass. We came up with Theoutla Pass and you're just like, well, there's we got like three people listen to the episode with the hell and you were just like crushed.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't. I think you're exaggerating that. I did not spate that we'd be this far at one year though, No me either, which really cool.
Speaker 2: I don't know the exact number because hopping over to a new platform, our numbers reset. I'd have to do some math and add it up between the two. But we did reach over three hundred thousand listens in this one year. I believe we're at three hundred and ten or twelve ish in one year.
Speaker 1: That is incredible.
Speaker 2: It's amazingly. Our mind is blown, you guys, it totally is. But while we're on the topic of the Outlived Pass, I just want to say that I think one day I might want to revisit that case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talk about that often.
Speaker 2: Actually not because I want to add any new information. I think we covered it pretty good with the information. I want to recover it or revisit it, sorry, and go over it again because it was our first ever episode, and I just want to kind of go over it again and compare. You know, Yeah, but it.
Speaker 1: Hasn't Some new information even come out too since that episode, Like I thought, we put it out and then like something new came out, right, we.
Speaker 2: Put it out at the same time as a new information coming out. I believe I covered it in the act. It's because there was a theory on an avalanche actually causing it. But I call one hundredercent bullshit on that because ain't in away an avalanche causing that when their tent wasn't buried in snow and their footprints are still seen in the snow. Doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talk about that. You don't honestly talk about this case a lot in the house.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, So I want to revisit that one day.
Speaker 1: That'd be fun though, being that it was our first episode, that'd be super fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Anything you want to revisit what would you do if you could the Donnelly's the Donnali's Because.
Speaker 1: That was African spiral train wreck of an episode.
Speaker 2: For me, that was the best episode we've ever had.
Speaker 1: No, I just like screwed up so much, and I think it was only my second episode, and I was super nervous. I mean I still get nervous, really, but I pronounced so much shit wrong and like had some stumbles that were like a little bit inappropriate.
Speaker 2: But it was funny. Instead of the word organism, you said orgasm, and it was obligarious potato the potato famine, which you said potato famine, no fathom fathom, Sorry, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know it was. It was just like it just it.
Speaker 2: Just went down. It was hilarious. I love that episode.
Speaker 1: Well actually, I think that might have made them.
Speaker 2: Fall in love with us a little well and fun fact, as soon as we were done that episode, you wanted to re record right then and there.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I like begged you and you're like no, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, no way, that's going live, Like we can't record, re record that, it has to go up.
Speaker 1: But we actually get like a lot of people being like, oh my gosh, you have to do better with your pronunciation.
Speaker 2: So that's I'm like, ah, yeah, I mean I think a bit of that is is we own up to our mistakes. A lot of other podcasts they just take it, tell them, make it fake it till they make it not necessarily fake. It, they'll just stick with the pronunciation and roll with it. If we're not sure. I mean we're like, hey, we're not sure.
Speaker 1: I know, we we we let people know. But maybe going bar it, I'll just like protecting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might not, it may be to our own fault, but we're just a little honest in that way. Maybe it's the canade in US.
Speaker 1: I actually do try hard though, Like, okay, right now for this case, for example, I literally have about like five six tabs open right now of like pronounced dots, calm or whatever, because I look to see how to pronounce it. But then I'm going to go say it later and I want not to pronounce it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you just forget. Yeah, So it's it's kind of it's yeah, it's hit and miss. So we do try, we do try and get us wrong there.
Speaker 1: But then yeah, other ones that I've just like loved too for some I'm just gonna throw the ones I loved. Let's but I loved the Toy Box Killer Yes, the Lulu Lemon Case Yes, and the Mad Trapper of Rap River. I feel like those are like three of my favors.
Speaker 2: Mad Trapper was a badass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that guy's a badass.
Speaker 2: And I have to say I was. I'm super proud of myself of the Lululemon one. That's probably my favorite episode that I did.
Speaker 1: It's so good. I told a good story in that one, a really good story.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm proud of that one particularly. Okay, we got to talk about more stuff because we got a lot to load unload on you guys here.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we basically have some cool shit we're planning for the one year anniversary, so we gotta do we gotta chat about that.
Speaker 2: So what do we got coming down the pipe in the one year anniversary?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're doing a giveaway. We're actually doing two giveaways. If you're a patron, you're just automatically entered in two to one and what it is it's going to be like approximately fifty dollars credit for our merch. Yeah, and then we're also doing another one on Insta, so anyone that's following, and basically you'll just have to comment what your favorite episode has been, because like I'm curious, I want to know, you probably want to know.
Speaker 2: We want to know. We just talked about ours. Yes, let's hear yours.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna be posting those tomorrow and then we're doing a Q and A.
Speaker 2: We are doing a Q and A. But before we talk about the Q and A, can I mention one thing about the march? Of course? Oh gosh, yeah, yeah, you kind of right, there's too much. We've got two new designs out for our one year anniversary. They're out there right now. I actually I uploaded them I think yesterday, and no one's noticed yet. Well, people have already just all our merch right and it's like, well, they're waiting for new designs. We just haven't announced new designs. They're out right now.
Speaker 1: And one years or one is specific to our one year anniversary, which is.
Speaker 2: It is cool again. The art done by me yours truly. So if you go over there, you're not only supporting the podcast, you're also supporting my art side, so thank you very much. But yeah, it's got two skeleton hands of us cheered. It's it's my hand in Nicole's hand, cheersing in front of our little wickeding grim.
Speaker 1: Tree with wine. I'm holding wine and you're holding scotch right, yep. It's super cool and.
Speaker 2: That's that's what I'm drinking right now Scotch and you're drinking wine right now.
Speaker 1: I'm actually double fisting right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do you are, but there's wine there. So yeah. We'll also post up what those new designs are on Instagram and you can go check it out for yourself and you can purchase some new designs for new attire, clothes, whatever you want to get. It's over in red bubble and link is down in the description of this podcast, and of course over in our socials you can find it there too, absolutely, but enough dropping that, go ahead and talk with Q and A.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, we're doing our I think it's our first well first like Q and A. Really it's our first and A and we're doing our first live like, holy shit, way to make me want to pee my pants. So yeah, we're doing a live on Instagram at six o'clock PSTX standard time.
Speaker 2: Right, and that is today?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, so that will be Tuesday, so uh February eighth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tuesday, February eighth, twenty twenty two, at six pm Pacific Standard time on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so we'll be at We've had some questions submitted already on Patreon and then I just put a question box up right now, and then you can obviously submit your questions live as well. So we'll be answering some things, and then after that, once down, we're going to be hopping over to Patreon to do a little more intimate live I suppose you could call it.
Speaker 2: There will probably be more consumption of alcohol, most likely at least by me.
Speaker 1: It's a Tuesday, dude, so.
Speaker 2: It's all good. Oh my gosh. So yeah, that's that, and then what else? What else? What else we got? Oh? Oh, finally we got something cool coming. Oh yeah. We were reached out to by our local news and they're like, we didn't realize there was a cool podcast local. Do you guys want to come in and do a news spot? And we're like, okay, it's like the news talk show.
Speaker 1: It's like a daily talk show. It's called Today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're going to be on that talk show.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: So that's gonna be on the tenth. We're going to figure out a way to get it recorded and put it up for you guys on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well we can drop the link because people might want to Oh that's true, I want to see that, so, oh my gosh, if we do good, we'll drop the link.
Speaker 2: If we do good, we'll do it. Anyways, we will drop the link, whether we vomit or vomit. I mean that could be taken good or bad. So there we are. Yeah, it's gonna be fun, though it is. I'm stoked this whole this whole one year, this whole podcast thing is just it's it's brought a lot to our lives and we really appreciate everything. So thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Yeah, seriously, I don't know. There's been many times where I've been like, oh, is this worth it? Whatever, But it's freaking worth it, and everyone listening makes it worth it, and just well.
Speaker 2: Time we're questioning if it's worth it is when we're researching. As soon as we're done researching, we're just like, yes, this is awesome and amazing and we love it until we're researching, okay, or.
Speaker 1: When we get a bad review doesn't yeah that as well, because I've had like a couple doozies, and I think.
Speaker 2: People need to realize, like, we're not some big studio. We see the bad reviews, yeah we read them, you guys. Some of those people out there are dicks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, it's so mean, almost just against your character, really, like yeah, wow.
Speaker 2: I honestly think what it is is people get upset on the type of podcast we are, and that's understandable. There's not everything is for everyone, but they get upset on that, and then they start looking for something to get mad at us fort on top of it. And I think there's been some people who get upset with us because we combine tragic cases with entertainment and comedy, and I just want to let people know that these are tragic cases. We understand that we sympathize with the victims. Part of the reason why we do the comedy with it is because it makes it a lot easier to digest these tragic stories these people go through. So now you're bringing in comedy, you're able to laugh, and you're able to remember these people in a little bit more of a lighthearted situation. And not only that, it really brings down that fear mongering that those perpetrators had totally, So it makes these scary people a lot less scary, and it brings more happy memories to the victims, so we can remember them in a little happier light. All the while making the horrific things that go through a little easier to digest. So that's our intent, that's why we laugh, that's why we introduce comedy and being who we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're definitely being ourselves.
Speaker 2: So a little bit like right to the heart. I needed to get that off.
Speaker 1: My my heart grew two sizes.
Speaker 2: You're a mean one or three sizes? Heart grew three sizes. I think three sizes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, But anyway.
Speaker 2: That's that's a long that's like fifteen minute intro. Holy shit, let's get going. I'm pumped.
Speaker 1: Okay, I shouldn't say pumped. But this case is it's a wild it's.
Speaker 2: A wild one. It sounds like a wild, wild wild West. I don't know a lot about this one, but you showed me photos and I know that there is certain things involved. And I'm ready.
Speaker 1: We're chatting about e Cigawa today.
Speaker 2: That's I feel like.
Speaker 1: This is not actually a super well known case. No, I don't think it is.
Speaker 2: Did anyone get it on the guests on Instagram?
Speaker 1: There was actually quite a few wrong guesses, which I don't feel like we generally have lots of times people like Boom get it right.
Speaker 2: Away. People usually nail it.
Speaker 1: You guys are good, but there was one person that guessed it.
Speaker 2: Yeahh. So we didn't bamboozle everybody.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I thought I might have had them this time, but no, one day.
Speaker 1: Okay. So Is was born on April twenty sixth, nineteen forty nine. He was the first of two kids to be born in the family. His father was a wealthy businessman who had served as a president of the Karate Water Industries.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so he.
Speaker 1: Had a wealth. He was basically brought up in a wealthy family.
Speaker 2: By the sounds of it. Yeah. Es was born months.
Speaker 1: Early, reportedly being small enough that he could fit in the palm of his father's hat. Holy shit, so very premature.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's tiny.
Speaker 1: The doctors actually didn't actually think that he would survive.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And because of this, it was not an easy battle for him, and he suffered from a number of serious health issues, including immediately developing intertight enteritis I think, which is a disease that impacts the intestines. Dang, guy, I know, like that's actually kind of devastating to just picture that in your head. He would recover from this, but going forward, you says health was fragile, and I believe it can be as like premature. I think babies lots of times have like health issues a little bit down.
Speaker 2: It's actually a fairly normal thing to expect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and along with that, he was also had a very introverted personality. He was close to his younger brother and had memories playing a game with his father and uncle where the two adults would chase the boys around, pretending to be giants and wanting to eat them.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: This he believes contributed to his obsession with cannibalism.
Speaker 2: That's kind of fucked up.
Speaker 1: Did you know I was going there with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did know.
Speaker 1: That one is that that's just a lighthearted game.
Speaker 2: It is. I mean like I've played some weird games as it can't too, Like how many people played like Cops and Robbers and that sort of stuff. Or there's one I remember I played Blind's Men Bluff where we would tie blindfold over our eyes and basically played tag totally. Heck, yeah, it was like, I'm surprised no one broke their neck.
Speaker 1: Well, even the playgrounds we had as kids, they would never pass now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's some things out there that I just I mean mind you, everyone's different. But I can't think of anything any way that these actually made an impact on me or things about my life.
Speaker 1: You know, I almost feel like that's just using that as excuse almost in a sense, like wouldn't that really trigger something? I don't know, potentially.
Speaker 2: There's a chance. I mean, never say never, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, unlike many cases that we cover, this is actually different in that Esa had a great childhood.
Speaker 2: Well that's good at least.
Speaker 1: He described it as being the best time of his life with parents who really loved him deeply. So I just wanted to point that out there because that is on normal introduction generally, it's like they went through some shit. Yeah, real shit, and like it's almost just repeating ourselves. So so, his first desire cannibalism was when he was in first grade. Whoa, so that being like six or seven years old?
Speaker 2: Hold on, can you say this again? Desire or action?
Speaker 1: Desire?
Speaker 2: Desire? Okay, desire, that's key there, Yeah, not action Okay, six years old though, still wow.
Speaker 1: And this came after catching a glimpse of one of his classmates thighs. He wanted to taste her flesh.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, thinking that he's that young when he has the desire for that, that very well could attribute to the giant eating game thing. I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they played it often and then he looked at people differently. Yeah, potentially, I guess he wanted to be the giant.
Speaker 2: You know, Oh, I want to I want to be the giant. I want to chase you and I'm going to eat you sort of thing, and then just set that thought in his head.
Speaker 1: It's interesting you say that, though, because he's very small, which we'll cover.
Speaker 2: Well as a PREMI mean general that if you're premature, then generally you're a little bit smaller. Yeah. Yeah, not always, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: But so there isn't much to report on his younger years, but in an interview, as he did with Vice later in his life, he reported that as a youth, he continued to experience cannibalistic desires with women. Sex wasn't something the family ever talked about, and I guess if there wasn't any sort of I don't know, sex education back then or in Japan.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I actually I think I kind of forgot to say where they live. They live in Japan.
Speaker 2: I assume that by his name, But yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if basically it was just like back in the day when he was born, like the family didn't talk about sex, and I guess maybe they didn't.
Speaker 2: In the schools either.
Speaker 1: What era was this, Well he was born in nineteen forty nine.
Speaker 2: Forties okay, so well fifties then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where was it here?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Because when Esay got his first erection, he thought something was wrong with him, that he was ill and got super embarrassed about it, and he didn't know how or about masturbation at the time, so he turned to his dog. Oh and that's literally all I'm going to say about that because I'm just not going in there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so maybe sex education is actually a good thing. Yeah, I'm thinking, oh yeah, I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: So all these things considered, are you okay?
Speaker 2: I am really disturbed.
Speaker 1: It's really disturbing.
Speaker 2: Like, if there's one, I mean, it's horrendous. I think we talked about this before. It's horrendous when you talk about some of the things that we do to human beings, but it's like it's even worse when it's animals. I just it gets to me more.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it gets both well, yeah, it gets us. I don't know where huge animal lovers, and just there's just you look in their eyes. They're just so innocent and pure, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's because they are literally helpless and completely dependent on us. Yeah, you're there everything, So I mean to do something to them when they rely on you for everything, it just seems like a greater sin because you're breaking more trust. Not that it is a greater sin, but it's just it's that much more heartbreaking. Yeah, you know in that sense. Yeah, it's a really sensitive thing to say.
Speaker 1: I know I could go in a more detail, but I'm just not going to. Yes, I don't want to. Okay, So all these things considered, I say turned to having a strong interest in literature. He would go on to attend the attend Waco University, and completed a master's degree in English literature literature at Kawanzi Kuka University.
Speaker 2: Nailed it.
Speaker 1: Probably nailed it. As age, his fascination with cannibism would develop a sexual component, and he started fantasizing about eating the flesh of a particularly interested in tall Western women. I haven't mentioned this yet because I kind of mentioned a little bit earlier. I guess, but Es was a very small man. He was four foot nine inches, often describing himself as very frail. Wow, so not even five feet.
Speaker 2: I'm really curious if he likes to be dominated or if he likes to be the dominator.
Speaker 1: I don't even think this podcast will answer that for you. Really, no, Okay, so you're going to just have to keep wondering.
Speaker 2: I guess. Okay, well I'm going to wonder. I'll think on it. I'll see, I'll draw my conclusion at the end.
Speaker 1: Okay. When Isa was twenty four, he intended to complete his first cannibalism act. He followed a German woman home to her apartment, waited until her lights were turned off, and broke in while she was sleeping. She was asleep in her bed, naked, and he wanted to slice off a piece of her butt to enjoy later and flee the scene.
Speaker 2: Did he actually or just want to? He just wanted to. He didn't do it, did he?
Speaker 1: So? I'm not certain how that played out in his mind, because it obviously didn't go quite like that. He had nothing to knock, he went, he broke in.
Speaker 2: Ye didn't break in. I gathered that, but I'm imagining him like at the bedroom door, maybe even looming over her or something, and either she wakes up and she interrupts him, or he just doesn't have the houtzpah to do it.
Speaker 1: So he was basically super poor planned. He had nothing to like knock the woman out with or anything. So he grabs an umbrella she had in there, and kind of like went through her apartment and found a knife from her kitchen.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: So I'm just like, I mean, I guess that means it's not premeditated. But as he approached the sleeping woman, he accidentally touched her, waking her up. She started screaming, and that, being that Esa was so small, she was able to overtake him.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: The police arrest I said, you say, and charged him with attempted rape. He kept his intended desires to himself of wanting to eat her ass literally.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 1: I had to put that literally in there because then like eating the ass, I guess could be right.
Speaker 2: I should have seen that coming, but I didn't. That is single handedly the greatest thing you've said in this podcast. Oh wow, Bravo.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that good, Ben, You're just like bringing hysterics over there.
Speaker 2: That was good. That was I should have seen that coming, but I didn't. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I chuckled early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm disappointed I didn't think of that. If I wrote this podcast, I would have gone right over that joke. Yeah, you think I would have missed it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's actually funny because I just had that written and then I was just like, wait a sick wait a sec. So there we go. Okay, where the freak was? I Oh, okay, but I think we all know what wealth can do. His father paid a settlement to the victim, causing the charges of attempted rape to be dropped. So I mean, okay, I just want to touch on that because I feel like that's awesome that this chick she didn't actually get injured, I guess. I mean, she would have got this shit scared out of her, like that's terrifying, and I'm sure she locks her everything locked.
Speaker 2: Your door and everything. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But then I mean, taking that settlement probably was. I bet he was a fair chunk of change and would like changed her life, right, So I don't know, it's kind of but then this guy is just like getting off the.
Speaker 2: Hook for shit, yep, and right back out there to do it again, as we've seen time and time again.
Speaker 1: Time and time again. Yeah, okay, So after finishing his graduate program, you say, went on vacation, taking a luxury boat to Greece. He would meet a butcher while on this boat who described as being a fat, jolly man who described to him in detail how to butcher meet. Because Esay was very and questioning, questioning his job and wanted to.
Speaker 2: Know everything, well, I mean, butchery is like an art form. I'm sure someone who's into that would be more than willing to share the information with someone of like mind. Exactly. He was just talking about his job, right. Yeah. So the problem with this, though.
Speaker 1: Is Esay would later go on to use these skills, which he'll hear about, but he had the absolute I feel like awkwardness, assholeness, like all of the above to send this man a letter later basically thanking him wow for sharing this knowledge with him.
Speaker 2: Wow, and like it.
Speaker 1: In one of the interviews, is almost like he was surprised at the guy didn't ema or didn't letter him back or send a message back. But he just was like almost putting blak and guilt on this poor man.
Speaker 2: So I'm assuming this is not like after he's just done it and not caught. This is after he's been caught.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh wow, so the guy might even have heard it and recognized him and wow, like that just sucks.
Speaker 2: No kidding, he gets caught. We know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did disdrop that, didn't I well.
Speaker 2: I mean we knew his name and we're describing it. Of course, you get yeah.
Speaker 1: So, at the age of twenty eight, Esay moved to Paris to pursue a PhD studying comparative literature at the Sorbone University, which is known to be quite a prestige university. While in Paris, you Say admitted that he would bring home a sex worker almost every night.
Speaker 2: To eat ass.
Speaker 1: With the intention to shoot them, but he was never able to get the courage to pull the trigger until one day until don't don't dn't. In nineteen eighty one, after being in Paris for a number of years, Esse met twenty five year old Dutch student Renee Heartfelt, who was also studying at Sorborne University. Renee was a stunning five' ten very intelligent woman Who issay was attracted to. Instantly she spoke many languages and he would hire her using his father's money to teach Him.
Speaker 2: German.
Speaker 1: Okay they would start, to, however develop a, friendship As renee would regularly Visit essay's.
Speaker 2: Apartment for His german.
Speaker 1: Lessons, however as they grew closer and, Closer essay's desire for her grew as well as he would become obsessed with the thoughts of eating. Her he is described as a desire to eat, women eventually almost turning into an, obligation, obligation obligation his, words, wow which is really messed up when you think about.
Speaker 2: That no one owes anyone shit, ever remember? That?
Speaker 1: Yeah look so In june, eleventh nineteen eighty, one he Invited renee over to have dinner with him at his. Apartment not as a, date, though but under the pretext that his professor wanted Some german poetry. Recorded but As i'm sure you, assumed you, say planned to Murder renee that. Night Poor, renee considering himself, weak, ugly and, small he Selected renee for her health and, beauty which were characteristics he felt he, lacked and he wanted to absorb her. Energy AND i guess he thought he could do this by through consuming.
Speaker 2: Her that is fucked, up super fucked.
Speaker 1: Like the poor. Thing LIKE i feel like she was just like a kind person because she enjoyed hanging out with, him but it was strictly friendship or. Whatever, Right but, then AND i don't even think that she had the knowledge that he had this obsession with.
Speaker 2: Her AND i think that like absorbing her beauty and, stuff that's got to be completely like an. AFTERTHOUGHT i called bullshit on, that because he's already got these like these thoughts of wanting to consume. Someone he's already got an idea on these Tall western women that he, likes so she fits the, profile and he already knows what he wants to do with. HER i think he's just adding that in after the fact to make himself feel better about doing the.
Speaker 1: Act, Possibly, YEAH i don't know if that was Ever, yeah it would have been stated AFTER i. Suppose BUT i, mean this desire has been going on for, decades PROBABLY i, Know and exactly my.
Speaker 2: Point he's been having these desires for, Decades so why would, WELL i wanted, to you, know imbue her energy and, beauty and to, me why would that change the desires and make it? Okay why is it now that's what made me want to do.
Speaker 1: It, yeah there was actually some reports that did say his story would kind of change a little bit through the years. Slightly SO i mean he's just making it his perfect story really, Right, well it's growing in his head and he's probably justifying his actions in a way.
Speaker 2: Exactly that's justifying, actions and humans are infamous for doing. So justifying one's, actions and hindsight is twenty. Twenty so after the, Fact, okay you look at the situation and you justify your, actions and you convince yourself that this is why you did, it not that you're trying to convince other. People you're convincing yourself this is WHY i did.
Speaker 1: It, well you always come up with better shit after you've done. Something oh, Yeah OH i should have done.
Speaker 2: THIS i can't count the amount of times WHERE i should have yelled at that person at that intersection because he cut me off and he was, asshole but you didn't even honk, Right and then like two months, LATER i wake up at three, Am OH i should have done, This like you, know it haunts, you it does that asshole, seriously, okay, seriously one day you were, there he turned he cut me, OFF i flipped him, off and he turned round the lights and followed us down and then like pulled a yui and was glaring at, Us AND i, WAS i should have done. Something, really you don't remember. THAT i don't THINK i.
Speaker 1: DO i forget like, that Realazi, ANYWAYS i should HAVE i should have Done, yeah.
Speaker 2: WELL i was, LIKE i think we were like eighteen or nineteen at the. Time SO i was a little. Cowardice he was a full grown. Adult oh my, goodness came back to the. Story, SORRY i. Digress.
Speaker 1: Okay so Was renee was sitting At ASA's desk reading. Poetry her back was turned to, him so he took this as his, opportunity grabbing his twenty two caliber. Rifle you, say would Shoot renee in the back at the, neck some reports saying after which he would faint from the shock of what he just. Did not all reports said, that but some reports that said it was a shock or seeing the blood or, whatever because he didn't like. Blood it's known that he doesn't like.
Speaker 2: Blood interesting for a. Cannibal that is actually.
Speaker 1: INTERESTING i never put that. Together so when he came to he realized he could finally carry out his plan of consuming human, flesh, meat whatever you want to call. It but being attracted To, renee he initially had sex with the, corpse, which oh my, gosh, Like i'm so, sorry, guys because my last one was and that's just. Shit it's just all. Shit that's the only Thing i'm mentioning about. That but once that was, done it was time to fulfill the fantasies he had been brewing since he was basically.
Speaker 2: A, child well since six right.
Speaker 1: Six, seven, yeah grade. One but like most of his, plans he did not have this fully thought. Out he knew he wanted to start on the, ass which looked most delicious to, him and to start on the right, side as it was the furthest from the, heart and he had a fear of. BLOOD i don't even know if that makes, sense but that was his.
Speaker 2: Logic that doesn't make, Sense but to be, honest in any sort of butcher butchery or, anything the ass is where you have the nicest cuts of. Meat, REALLY i think rump, rose the nicest, STEAK i, mean tenderloin is up into the back and stuff like, that but it's still kind of the rear. End, humhm that like basically from your middle back down your spine into your. Butt that's where the nicest meat will.
Speaker 1: Be oh my, gosh you know, What i'd honestly Think i'd rather just starve to death than have To, yeah can assume a, HUMANS i feel you, LIKE i couldn't imagine looking at someone's ass and being like.
Speaker 2: Tasty but muscle structure is muscle, structure and well like.
Speaker 1: Tasting maybe that person is a nice ass and all. THAT i Want champa bite some, ass, no, Okay but he quickly realized that he couldn't bite into the. Skin his teeth weren't sharp enough and it was hurting his. Jaw so he rummaged through his kitchen to find something to assist, him trying to find a fruit knife or he did, find, sorry a fruit, knife but that also did not. Work he had nothing in his kitchen that was sharp, enough WHICH i was.
Speaker 2: Like sharpen your, knives, man that's really.
Speaker 1: Weird LIKE i would have a few.
Speaker 2: Knives i've got a knife on my hip sharp enough right, here right, Now oh my, god at all.
Speaker 1: Times so he made a trip to the market to purchase a curved meat, knife and this did the, trick And esay began to cut Into rene's. Body in his own, words he thought he would see red meat right, away but instead there was a yellow corn light like substance fat. Fat he had to cut very deeply to reach the red, meat experimenting by consuming some pieces raw the breast and the, face cooking other, pieces and experimenting with different. Sauces he ended up saving his favorite pieces in the, refrigerator like the thigh to have. Later. Wow, okay that actually just made me feel LIKE i was about to throw.
Speaker 2: Up, yeah that was. Gross that was a. Lot, sorry cool deep. Breast the only thing that's saving me right now is because of. Hunting i'm not picturing. Human i'm picturing like, animal you, Know i'm picturing.
Speaker 1: HUMAN i think that might be Why i've been like, queasy because this cases are.
Speaker 2: Disgust, oh this is. Nasty don't get me. WRONG i think disassociating is the only thing that's.
Speaker 1: Saving, yeah maybe that's what we need to. Do. So esay was also documenting each stage of the process by taking photos Of renee's. Body this will go on for two, days describing the meat a, soft odorless like, tuna and that it would just melt in your.
Speaker 2: Mouth, WOW i don't know what to say to? That.
Speaker 1: Wow he consumed pieces Of renees, calves, lips, thighs and breasts until he felt her body was no longer consumable and needed to be disposed.
Speaker 2: Of, OKAY i, MEAN i mean fair, Enough but that's that's not a THOUGHT i want to.
Speaker 1: Think, no, no, no it's, nasty like he's.
Speaker 2: Nasty, Yeah, okay keep, GOING i want to move on from this. Part keep, going get us out of these.
Speaker 1: Woods so he went about purchasing two suitcases and decided it would be a great idea to dispose Of renee's body inside these, suitcases describing the process of cutting up a body to actually be quite, hard nothing like you would see in horror.
Speaker 2: Movies. Nope But i'm just, LIKE i thought that that was a terrible.
Speaker 1: COMPARISON i, MEAN i guess what else would he have it to compare it? To BUT i was just, like does he need to say that?
Speaker 2: Aloud, well There's i'm trying to think what the movie is. CALLED i. DO i do remember the main villain Being art the, clown AND i remember the, movie BUT i can't remember what it's. Called. Horror. Horror horror fans out there will be able to tell me what the movie. Is but there's one scene where he has a woman hanging upside down by her, ankles and he takes a handsaw and starts at her groin while she's alive and cuts her straight down The oh my, gosh she's done in like five. Seconds oh, Yeah like that's that's an all day affair if you're gonna try and do. That oh, god, like because a, saw for, example will cut through, bone it'll gum up in flesh and it won't continue to. CUT a knife needs to be sharp to go through the, flesh but it has trouble going through things like cartilage and it will not go through.
Speaker 1: Bone, Okay so even like the zombie killing, shows is that just too easy? There killing and like chopping the heads off and stuff is way too?
Speaker 2: Easy oh, yeah way too. Easy things would get like unless it's like a majorly sharp katana that's being wielded by a, Professional, yeah it would go through a neck or a torso even but it's it's not.
Speaker 1: NORMAL i would actually think it would have been easy, TOO i.
Speaker 2: Guess. Now, well back in like way Old, japan they judged blades by how many bodies they could go, through so how many bodies of samurai could cut, through and they do test them today with pigs in a similar. SITUATION i believe the highest recorded one is a seven bodied, blade but that even could be. Legend don't quote me on.
Speaker 1: That, oh, like you can go kill seven people in.
Speaker 2: One, swing in one, swing one swing through horsos of that many. People but that's with a high quality, blade very sharp by a. Professional your average day person is going to have trouble going through a single body with a professional, blade let alone a crappy one that's forty dollars that you bought On.
Speaker 1: Amazon, Okay, well so he just put in an out there that it's quite, hard just so we all know this at this.
Speaker 2: Point, yeah, SORRY i digress.
Speaker 1: Again, NO i was talking about, say he was the one that said at, first right and you're just going, along, yeah.
Speaker 2: But THEN i got off on the samurais In japan and, yeah.
Speaker 1: So his plan was to dispose of the suitcases in a lake At Boyd, blong which is a HUGE i probably pronounced that. Wrong i'm just gonna, say probably pronounced that wrong BECAUSE i do feel. Bad but it's a major park In.
Speaker 2: Paris and, yeah that is this is a hard. Word you should have got Your French canadian. Out you should have got.
Speaker 1: THAT i actually don't remember any of My french from high, school like, none because, okay for people actually that don't, know like, We i'm pretty sure it's still a. Thing but where we were expected to Take, french you had to. Take it was a core mandatory course up until grade ten nine.
Speaker 2: Ten, oh it was less than. That for. ME i think it was at least in high, school though not for, me not even in middle. School for, ME i THINK i stopped in grade. Six, OKAY i thought you had.
Speaker 1: TO i don't, know BUT i was an overachiever, though so maybe in my MIND i felt like you had to and you.
Speaker 2: DIDN'T i do. Know there's lots of places In, canada like over In, ONTARIO i Believe quo, back of, course because they are Primarily. French but there are many provinces In canada where they do ensure that you Speak french still. PRIMARILY i think it's probably close to like seventy seventy five percent Of canadians don't Know. French over here IN, bc it's very rare to find a resident who Speaks.
Speaker 1: French BUT i DO i did think that you had to take it up to a certain. PERIOD i don't, know but that doesn't.
Speaker 2: Matter.
Speaker 1: Okay so this dude was taking these suitcases to a public. Park he was doing it at eight o'clock at, night and he didn't realize that it being like, summer that it was still light. Outside he was surprised by, This.
Speaker 2: Okay when he left.
Speaker 1: His apartment with these, suitcases it surprised him that it was still fucking light.
Speaker 2: Outside he should just wait till it's. DARK i.
Speaker 1: KNOW i was, like at that, point you should probably just turn. Around. Yep and like where he was going was like a popular, Place so this just doesn't make any. Sense so he Hid renee's body inside these two. Suitcases he calls a, taxi which is another weird, thing and proceeds to make his way to the.
Speaker 2: Park so the taxi took the. Body then he went in a taxi with the. Suitcases, Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay the funny thing is this taxi driver who was helping him with the suitcases made a joke regarding the weight of them and jokingly asked if the bags can in a, corpse to which he, replied, no just books. Dark oh AND i bet you that's not even the first time something like that's, happened BECAUSE i know so many times something's. Heavy oh my, gosh what do you have in?
Speaker 2: HERE a? Body, yeah that's the go to.
Speaker 1: Joke and then that is probably sometimes maybe one out OF i don't know how many it's a.
Speaker 2: Body. Wow although books is a good, answer.
Speaker 1: Because, yeah, heavy because he was a student too, write so it just made. Sense now the visual is just too. Much it would not have been easy for, you, say to maneuver these suitcases through the park in the daylight without going a. Notice so just imagine for a, second a four foot nine man carrying two not wheeled. Suitcases remember this is nineteen eighty. ONE i don't think wheels on suitcases was quite invented. Yet And, renee though she was partially, consumed her remaining, Remains i'm sure with still. Outway you, say, so he's carrying two suitcases that outweigh, him threw a public park in the daylight with a lot of people.
Speaker 2: AROUND i probably would offer to help, him, Honestly OH i guess, Yeah i'm surprised someone. Did Canadian oh.
Speaker 1: My, gosh could you imagine then later you like found out those body in, there.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah and what if this?
Speaker 1: Okay you offer to help, him because his original plan was he was going to be throwing these suitcases in the, lake which doesn't even really make a lot of. Sense HOW i don't know how he was getting in this. Lake but then if he's, like if you offer to help, them, Yeah i'm just tearing these down to the, lake he.
Speaker 2: Probably wouldn't have accepted help, honestly now would have been on that, way.
Speaker 1: Okay so people were, noticing, noticing which was starting to make him, nervous so he found a quiet spot to take a. Break he was running out of energy at this, point mm, hmm and he started to get to acted and admire the sunset that was taking, place WHICH i think is so fucked that's, interesting but that was what was. Happening he was standing slightly away from the suitcases at the, time and a man asked if they belonged to, him which he impulsively said, no later thinking if he had said, yes the man would probably have just like gone on his way and left him. Alone as the man proceeded to investigate the, suitcases opening, them he quickly discovered there was human remains inside the. Suitcase and yelled out.
Speaker 2: Murderer, shit do you like point at the? Dude then LIKE i, sayah what's his?
Speaker 1: NAME i, say say, okay now you got me a say, yeah. Okay so he yells out. Murderer but at this, Time asay's already stroll him back to his.
Speaker 2: Apartment oh, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah so he didn't stay for this come. Oution he was like, pace fair, enough face some.
Speaker 2: Out i'm really hoping that it was only one. Victim just throwing that out there, now don't tell, me just keep going.
Speaker 1: Okay because everything done BY asa was really quite poorly, planned police were able to connect the suitcases to him quite quickly within four. Days, yes they did this via the cab driver that picked him up and brought him to the. Park like that was just like kind of.
Speaker 2: Dumb, yeah that was really.
Speaker 1: Stupid and at the time of the arrest he admittedly he openly admitted to everything and admitted at the time a feeling relief that he was.
Speaker 2: Caught, Basically i'm glad there was only one.
Speaker 1: Victim there was only one victim, yet but really there was no way out for him because in his apartment it contained cooked and uncooked human. Remains fuck the photos he took of the process and a PHOTO id card belonging To. Renee oh, god so like the key had to admit. It there's just no way.
Speaker 2: Out.
Speaker 1: Now you would think that that's. It this dude is going to, jail like he's fucked.
Speaker 2: Right WELL i would think, that but you told me that there's more beyond, that so let's hear. It but that was not the. Case ah, fuck here we.
Speaker 1: Go he is actually oh free as we, speak and he has been Since august, twelfth nineteen eighty. Six and if we need a, refresher he committed the Crime june of nineteen eighty. One.
Speaker 2: Wow five, years, yeah five years two months that's what he.
Speaker 1: Served, yeah, YEAH i, MIGHT i. CAN'T i THINK i haven't listed it, below but like not enough, time not even remotely enough.
Speaker 2: Time what the actual? Fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah and oh, man this case it just goes really, downhill like we're not.
Speaker 2: Done so he murdered someone eight eighth them tried to just dispose of the body and he gets five years.
Speaker 1: But not really even because let's just let's just dive.
Speaker 2: In, here, okay, okay dive In, so first.
Speaker 1: Off his, Father, wealthy hired him a good.
Speaker 2: Lawyer.
Speaker 1: Right he was contained In france for two years while he was examined by, psychologists and it was determined by The french court That esay was mentally, ill they, said legally, insane and was able to was unable to stand. Trial he was ordered to be held indefinitely in a criminal psychiatric. Wart, wow so that's not necessarily even serving. Time that's that's getting help, Right, WELL i, MEAN i guess it's kind of serving. Time and it was saying that he would be in there.
Speaker 2: Indefinitely there's there's arguments to. That mind, YOU i haven't really done my due diligence of research into, it but there's there's arguments on that those facilities really end up being a lot worse than serving time in. Prison they could.
Speaker 1: Be, so, YEAH i have no. Idea i've NEVER i, Mean i've seen a jail and, stuff BUT i don't think i've ever really like looked inside of what a psychiatric word would look.
Speaker 2: Like ALTHOUGH i do like back in the, DAY i don't, know, eighties but definitely farther it, Was, oh it could have been even.
Speaker 1: Worse nowadays they might not be quite as.
Speaker 2: Bad, Yeah like back, then you're going through at least electric shock therapy that sort of, stuff.
Speaker 1: Because they didn't even believe that mental andness was necessarily a thing back in the.
Speaker 2: Day, yeah so it was, like we're going to just shock cure.
Speaker 1: You so while he was, there you, say would write a book titled in The, fog which he also. Illustrated but now my question here is if he was determined to be mentally, ill would someone with, that being diagnosed with that be able to write a?
Speaker 2: Book?
Speaker 1: LIKE i, mean because of what he, did it's not far fetched that it would be determined there was something wrong with. Him BUT i also personally think he knew what he was doing and he shouldn't have been using that time to write a, book but maybe rather get the help that he.
Speaker 2: Needed, WELL i think someone with an illness like, that is well with an, illness is definitely capable of writing a. BOOK i think it depends on the.
Speaker 1: Illness, well they had they had said that he, was they use the words legally.
Speaker 2: Insane, yeah but what's that equivalent to today today's? DEFINITION i don't.
Speaker 1: Know but then, anyway he wrote a. Book the book he was he wrote was said to be, fiction but basically resembled his story to a t that it was concluded to be a true account of his brutal.
Speaker 2: Crime but, yeah he labeled it. Fiction yeah like super. Interesting that sounds Insane.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah either, way both families, involved he, says And renees did not want this book to be published for very understandable, reasons but, humans being the curious beings we, are wanted to read his story and all the gruesome details that came with, it making the book a bestseller And issay to become a celebrity in Both france And.
Speaker 2: Japan fuck a, celebrity Jess.
Speaker 1: Ua now there are mixed reports, here but they could all go hand in. Hand france didn't like the publicity that came With asay's new, fame and The french public was growing upset that was being kept at their, dollar their expense, right and lawyer was also allegedly Convincing french authorities that it would be better to have him received treatment in A japanese. Facility issa was deported back To japan and immediately committed to a hospital In tokyo for evaluation and. Treatment now this is the part that's complete.
Speaker 2: Shit this is the part that the whole thing is complete.
Speaker 1: Shit but you. HAVE i just have to wonder what exactly happened here BECAUSE i just feel Like AS's lawyer or dad or both of them had a hand in. THIS i don't, know JUST i don't. Know i'll carry, on but just how little time he like kind of, served you? Know oh, Yeah so at the new hospital In, tokyo it was determined by psychologists That essay was in fact not mentally, ill and the sexual perversion was. Found that sexual perversion story was found to be his only motivation for the murder Of, rene so he could now be criminally responsible for her.
Speaker 2: Crime, okay so this is where he's going to get. Charged but why did he not serve the?
Speaker 1: Time but with the transfer Of essay To, Japan french officials had sealed his documents and did not want to share them With japanese. Authorities what they didn't share?
Speaker 2: Them are you fucking kidding?
Speaker 1: Me this caused a problem because now they basically had nothing to Hold essay and and basically he was allowed to check him out of the.
Speaker 2: Hospital are you fucking? Seid that's what. Happened so he's just checked himself out And france did nothing about.
Speaker 1: It, yeah, lay, FUCK i know it's it just HAS i just feel like there has to be like more to that.
Speaker 2: That, wow, YEAH i think there's more to. That my guess is someone somewhere fucked up or or. That oh, YEAH i don't.
Speaker 1: KNOW i just wonder like he was a wealthy, man he.
Speaker 2: Could have intercepted.
Speaker 1: SOMETHING i don't, know because that's really.
Speaker 2: FUCKED i was going to say someone somewhere lost the files or lost the evidence or.
Speaker 1: Something, no they are basically, Sealed and but are They that's my.
Speaker 2: Thing, well because.
Speaker 1: One REPORT i even read basically said Like france like be rid it of, him drop the charges in every. Thing so they sealed the, documents they are. Gone oh but then when he goes To japan and they are not finding him mentally, ill then that means that he did that. Willingly but they have, nothing they have absolutely, nothing and he checks himself.
Speaker 2: Out, Wow, okay that is.
Speaker 1: Fucked and he's been a free man ever since he served about four years in A france hospital in fifteen months in A japanese hospital for the murder Of Rene. HEARTFELT i would basically say that's what you call falling through the cracks of the justice.
Speaker 2: System no, kidding because.
Speaker 1: He should have been in there for, life especially with the ship That i'm still about to share with.
Speaker 2: You there's, More there's.
Speaker 1: More this is not the.
Speaker 2: End what are you?
Speaker 1: Good got a? Few we got a bit more pages to go through here?
Speaker 2: Pages are you fucking kidding?
Speaker 1: Me? Okay, so in the in The vice INTERVIEW i, Watch say describes being let out of the hospital as being forced out of the. Hospital he was very much so plays like a victim role in.
Speaker 2: This, okay is this? Thing is this The france, hospital The japanese, one like.
Speaker 1: The Japanese like he's, Done he's out in the free. Right he thinks that he was forced out and that he's a victim, basically and that he has no, job no.
Speaker 2: Income oh, OKAY i, SEE i see what you.
Speaker 1: Mean, so AND i don't. KNOW i just watching, That LIKE i, MEAN i would suggest maybe watching that interview because you get to he's in, it and it's just so. Disturbing it's so disturbing that he is even able out in doing these.
Speaker 2: Interviews i'm just, like.
Speaker 1: Ugh, okay so NOW i have more to, say and LIKE i, said it just keeps getting.
Speaker 2: Worse fuck good. THING i have a lot of whiskey in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Five so this is going back. Slightly crime scene photos from an murder and dismemberment were actually leaked to the press and published by a Popular french. Magazine and these photos are.
Speaker 2: Horrific oh, Shit so The french can publish these photos but not the. Information WHAT i don't.
Speaker 1: Know someone leaked. THEM i don't know if it was someone like in The morgue OR i don't, know but someone leaked these photos and.
Speaker 2: That whoever is doing this shit like fuck.
Speaker 1: THEM i know. Something there's like more to.
Speaker 2: This that's WHY i say there's more to, it one hundred.
Speaker 1: Percent so some of the worst and these are some of the worst victim Photos i've ever. SEEN i showed them to. You the fact That renee's family and friends had to see them when like they should have just been sealed up, forever just like literally breaks my, Heart like that is a loved one AND i just could never imagine seeing a loved one like.
Speaker 2: That, well those are the photos you showed. Me and WHAT i told you is it almost doesn't look. Real it looks like a mannequin very much so like the Black dahlia was, described looks like a.
Speaker 1: Mannequin the images Show renee's nude, body which has been. Dismembered her head and limbs are no longer attached to her, body and there's a lot of damage from her from, him, sorry removing pieces of her body to. Consume, yeah, man, Sorry i'm. GOOD a reporter was arrested for publishing the photos and over two hundred thousand copies of the. Magazines the magazines were. Seized but when something like that is out, there it's out. There. Yeah and this, though the REASON i put this in. There this just added To ASA's fame and he started to be referred to as the celebrity.
Speaker 2: Cannibal oh, fuck are you?
Speaker 1: Serious and he was all for capitalizing on the public's interest in his.
Speaker 2: Crimes he is banking on this like he is making. Money he's making a lot of. Money.
Speaker 1: Fuck he wrote a weekly column in a Popular japanese tabloid magazine in addition to the book he wrote while, hospitalized he also wrote and published several other, novels Including Illustrated. Magnas do you know what that? Is?
Speaker 2: No, sorry, OKAY i thought you.
Speaker 1: Would it's A maybaen, pronouncer but it's comics or graphic novels originating From. Japan Manga magna, magna mang ga maa.
Speaker 2: Manga, well, actually manga is technically how it's. Pronounced, okay so he did. That manga is The western, pronunciation but manga is how it's actually.
Speaker 1: Pronounced and then he also edited an anthology about cannibism. Fantasies he appeared as a lecturer at universities and has been a guest on Many japanese talk Shows Most disturbing Of All You, say has written restaurant reviews For japanese magazine and appeared on cooking Shows what the, fuck WHICH i think is in no way he should ever be associated with.
Speaker 2: Food, no any chef that would associate with, That like, WOW i would never support an an individual like. That fuck.
Speaker 1: That. No and the thing is, like so, yeah he's saying he's a victim and, stuff but he's agreeing to all these. Things some of them did like seem like they almost put him in a situation where they're like making fun of him sometimes some of the. Things but, like, yeah he was profiting money and, stuff and he was known as like a, celebrity, right, Yeah, okay this could be more disturbing than him associated with. FOOD i Don't i'll let you. Decide but he's appeared in several porn films in which he would bite his co stars or in one, case he was to spend twenty four hours with a. Woman they were supposed to have sex three, times but after the first time that they had, sex he would have to share his secret with her and of what he is and get her reaction on.
Speaker 2: Camera what the fucked? Up? Ship? Yeah, Whoa i'm, sorry this is the. Word. Whoa this is the worst case we fucking. Covered not because it's like the most horrendous stuff to the, victim but it. Is but we covered some some Dark that's my. Point we've covered some dark ship equally or potentially greater to, this don't get me. Wrong but the fact that he's just getting away with this and it's now like the highlight of his life and he is making money off it and he's happy and just that is the most fucked.
Speaker 1: Up things Ever so messed like ship.
Speaker 2: Messed, okay wait to pick a fucking one year anniversary? Episode?
Speaker 1: WOW i KNOW i was going to actually pick some another one where like the husband had burgered his. WIFE i think, yeah but THEN i was just like needed something else to let me mount this. One it's really. Messed, Okay so to finish this episode, off the most mind blowing piece of the.
Speaker 2: Puzzle, oh the most mind blowing. Piece now there's. More are you? Ready? God AND i want to Say i'm, ready But i'm Sure i'm, Not.
Speaker 1: He, say still. Emits he has a desire to eat, people and yet he's still roaming the. Streets he openly admits that he has this, desire and in that one interview he said that he can control his desires by, masturbation but for some, reason he can't no longer, masturbate and so he fears what he will. Do he's still roman the.
Speaker 2: Streets he should be in an. Institute if he has these, desires he's.
Speaker 1: Omitting it to the, world but no one's fucking doing it.
Speaker 2: Anything what the.
Speaker 1: Fuck he also, claims, though that he would never act on His cannaba's ballistic urges because he has no desire to kill another human, being but he will pass by a beautiful woman on the street and wonder what she might taste.
Speaker 2: Like, DAMN i want to eat that, ass.
Speaker 1: But literally taste like.
Speaker 2: Fuck that is so fucked.
Speaker 1: Up he also said that he thinks his desire to Eat renee heartfelt might have been satisfied if she would have allowed him to drink her urine and eat her. Pubic what your? Face? Oh, anyway so there you.
Speaker 2: Go maybe you gotta stop with. That SO i can't whoa are?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Okay your face was so. DISTORTED i can't get it. Together i'm, sorry but you are talking about some absolutely horrendous. Shit LIKE i, said it's it's of course she went through some horrible things absolutely done to. Her but the, twist the most twisted part of all of this is society and humans around this individual who's just SAYING i have these urges still and they're like, cool tell us more walk.
Speaker 1: Free yeah well, okay but what are they supposed to be? Doing is the thing is he could have Done he could have done this, Again like that's a long time that he's been out on. It, Yes LIKE i would not surprise me.
Speaker 2: If you're very well may have done this.
Speaker 1: Again, Yeah like there's a missing. PERSON i mean you we already know that he was always with sex. Workers maybe he's done this to sex work and that person hasn't been reported missing or something, right LIKE i feel like he could have done this, again.
Speaker 2: As far as like what they're supposed to. Do he's openly, SAYING i have these. Urges they should be, like we should put you in a. Facility we need to get these under.
Speaker 1: CONTROL i almost think that he would have probably been receptive of it.
Speaker 2: Too probably going, back probably.
Speaker 1: Because in some way it does seem like he wants.
Speaker 2: Help and from the sounds of it, all the biggest monster of all this not saying that his actions are worse THAN i. Say is that how you say? IT i, SAY a SAY i think you've gone.
Speaker 1: BACK i, SAY i KNOW i might. Have IT'S i think it's it's you.
Speaker 2: Say not that he's the biggest monster of all is his, Father not that he's committed worse, crimes Because asay has actually murdered and consumed. Someone but his father is probably the one who's, perpetrating or, sorry perpetuating him to walk the, streets who's paid off The french, officials who's probably holding off anyone who does want to put him in a. Facility they're probably more so afraid of him and what he is going to do or is capable.
Speaker 1: OF i don't, know, though we don't know, that.
Speaker 2: Or maybe as wants to go to a facility and his dad's.
Speaker 1: Like, no because technically he could check himself in.
Speaker 2: Somewhere, WELL i think that's probably the only way they could hold. Him not that they can't like offer, HIM i.
Speaker 1: Know but, yeah they can't physically make.
Speaker 2: Him they can't hold, him but they can definitely OFFER i.
Speaker 1: Believe So, Okay so BASICALLY i just dropped the bomb THAT i don't. Know the other way that he could be controlling his desires, though is maybe by drinking people's urine and eating their pepic.
Speaker 2: CARES i don't.
Speaker 1: KNOW i don't. Know but the one thing is due to health three. Reasons asay is in a position of needing daily assistants and in his. Home so, BASICALLY i feel like the population is mostly likely safe because he WOULD i think he has health issues that he would be needing help if he were to do these. Acts SO i feel like at this point they're. Safe that documentary THING i watch also said his new, fantasy AND i don't even have this in, Here i'm just gonna put it in, here is he wants to be. Killed he fantasizes about being like brutally killed really where it hurts like he wants the. Pain, Wow SO i don't, know this guy has some serious.
Speaker 2: Issues. Wow that is some dark.
Speaker 1: Shit BUT i would suggest, HEAVY i would suggest watching. This it was the documentary WAS i don't have it open. Anymore it Was. Vice we'll put it in our show notes the link BECAUSE i did get information from. There but it's only like half an, hour and it's just like so interesting to watch this, guy but it just made me so angry most of the, time Because i'm, like how is he just three and out there to even be doing this interview and saying these things and it's just, okay like it it will probably make it make you. Angry and he very much so portrays himself as a, victim in my, opinion and that's.
Speaker 2: The most fucked up part of this whole, case is that he is portraying himself as a victim and that society is letting him be free.
Speaker 1: And, they, yeah they paid him a lot of money to do a lot of weird.
Speaker 2: Things and what was the name of his, Victim Renee. HEARTFELT i just because we talked a lot about asay OR i, say, however you say his NAME i just want to bring up her, Name Renee, heartfelt because he definitely overshadows her in this, case and he. Shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah she was, beautiful and she was, young and she was, smart like she Had i'm sure an amazing life ahead of. Her and the fact that she even just like befriended someone like him because he's not a normal. Person, yeah SHOWS i think a lot of.
Speaker 2: Character she's a good. Person, yeah she's a good.
Speaker 1: Character she's good.
Speaker 2: And he killed, her only served a few years and is profiting off her. Death that is so. Disgusting it's. Disgusting. Wow, okay.
Speaker 1: So there you have.
Speaker 2: It there's not Enough scotch in the world to make me happy right, Now LIKE i need, Whiskey like you can't.
Speaker 1: Believe, yeah this actually really affected. You AND i apologize for my. Laughing it's not THAT i think any of this is, funny.
Speaker 2: But you've been laughing at.
Speaker 1: Me the distortion in your face and your, REACTIONS i just can't even. HAVE i had to stop looking at you to get through.
Speaker 2: This we've talked about messed up, Shit LIKE i, say this is the most messed up because of what society is.
Speaker 1: ALLOWING i, know it's very very. Weird the whole thing at the fact that he's even has this, nickname the Celebrity cannibal is.
Speaker 2: Just oh, wow wow wow.
Speaker 1: Indeed, Okay, WELL i hope you all have a chance to listen to this and recover before OUR q AND a.
Speaker 2: Session, yes today.
Speaker 1: TODAY i keep saying tomorrow only because we're recording this On, monday but it's On, tuesday the day this is released at six PM pst.
Speaker 2: Some, Time february. Eighth february, eighth six Pm Pacific standard. Time.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah so we'll we'll be putting some info out about.
Speaker 2: US i don't know IF i can recover in. Time you. Better. WOW i may have a glass of something in my hand of undisclosed. Fluids.
Speaker 1: Yeah and then if you want to support, us we do have that merch out and it's our one year anniversary, merch which is pretty. Cool i'm pretty special to us and it would mean a lot if you also wanted to wear a piece of our. Merch.
Speaker 2: Yeah links are down below where you can go check out that merch and check out our social media and go follow The instagram link to go see her. Live. Yeah, so do you have anything else to drop Or is that? IT i think that's.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Yeah keep up to date on our social, media go find our, merch sign up For patreon if you'd, like, and most, importantly stay wicked