Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety.
Speaker 2: The JV Show.
Speaker 3: I'm Selina, I'm I'm cheaty, Chita your back.
Speaker 2: Where did you even go?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, well look with the cat drag down.
Speaker 2: I went to LA for the weekend. So that was not the weekend.
Speaker 3: No, you lost on Thursday, Yes, a Friday whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's a four day weekend.
Speaker 2: Two out there. Well, I had like a like this event.
Speaker 6: It was like a wedding, traditional wedding that I went to with my family, and then Monday.
Speaker 5: It would last at four days.
Speaker 6: No, it was a day and then they had something else on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Saturday Sunday, so the normal weekend. I'm trying to still the accounting department here needs to figure out why what happened to Friday and Monday?
Speaker 2: Friday we left.
Speaker 6: We left Friday morning to get there around Friday afternoonish, and then Monday I went to be what if you.
Speaker 4: Loved Friday morning ish after the morning show that you worked on, and got there in the afternoon.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was my family's plan. I just followed through. Okay, okay, and then Monday you died.
Speaker 6: I had my orientation at my school at North U s north You see you north Ridge? So I went there and then I'm here.
Speaker 2: Now, wait, aren't you doing that online? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But there's like so couldn't you have just scheduled an online one foundation when it works around your schedule?
Speaker 5: Is not the point of the online genie.
Speaker 2: We are just giving you a hard time. We're giving you a hard times.
Speaker 5: I'm mad, okay, why is doing you hard?
Speaker 4: The only thing that made me happy is when I pulled into the garage this morning and the top of Chet's car still says downstairs DJ because I wrote it into the dust and I thought by now it had been gone. No, how about justice car? You still driving with my message?
Speaker 3: You wrote way in there all weekend from days and days and days.
Speaker 7: You're kidding.
Speaker 4: Wait, I did a full hood mural on yours and says I burnt my leg.
Speaker 5: Where, Oh my god, Judea.
Speaker 8: I read so many errands, so I was like parking everywhere. But I don't want towards the front of my car. I like pull in well everyone else. I would be so upset if I burned my legs.
Speaker 2: All right, first talk back of the day.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 9: You want to play a game two weeks ago, Graham decided to save you by your heart. He may regret that decision. If you play this game and win, you will save them. If you lose, he will be punished by having to drink apple cider vinegar from a check mud.
Speaker 5: Do you want to play the game? Oh?
Speaker 2: That whole thing was just asking if I want to play?
Speaker 5: Okay, do you want to play a game?
Speaker 2: Sure, let's play.
Speaker 9: Since Graham without hesitation, unlived, just and cheaty, they get to pick whether you play this game or not. So jess gay, will Selena play this game?
Speaker 5: Am I playing the game just and cheaty because I unlived you guys?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, so we'll be playing the game all right, now you're now you're in the game. Yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: Okay, neks, Okay, this game is called.
Speaker 9: In twenty twenty five, we will be welcoming an offspring. It's up to you and guess the sex of the baby. If you guess correctly, you saved Graham. If you guess wrong, will have to drink apple from child mugger. Guess correctly, that'll sucker.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I think I've I think I've finally figured it out. I've listened to that a couple of times this morning before the showa.
Speaker 5: That's our buddy Edgar.
Speaker 4: Now, he DMed me a week or two ago announcing that he and his wife are expecting and then and I love to talk back about it, and that was really exciting because I think they I think they had a couple of failed rounds of IVF and then it happened naturally, so they they're expecting a baby in twenty twenty five. Now, for some reason, is in the game which I didn't agree to, is you Selena having to guess whether they're having a boy or a girl? Because the game was called budget or No. But huh, so you're having to guess what they're having now somehow if you guess wrong, somehow I get punished. But I didn't agree to play this game. I don't remember me saying yes, I'm in for this game. Also, isn't this just a glorified gender reveal party?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 4: Why are we having to host your gender reveal party?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: I know what I'm here for it and it's giving boy.
Speaker 5: It's giving boy.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 5: Okay, So no, bud is what you're suessing.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm feeling.
Speaker 5: I'm not signing off to chug an apple.
Speaker 4: Cider vinegar out of a chuck a JV show, Chug mug if you lose.
Speaker 5: If you lose the gender reveal game, that has nothing to do with me.
Speaker 2: Well, he says it does. It's his game, and so that's what we're doing.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Jess just looked at me. She was like, did you guys really right on the hood in my car?
Speaker 4: It might have been it was it's been on there since. Well, Cheaty took We talked about this a minute ago. Cheaty was off Friday, so it was before that because Cheaty was here.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it was Wednesday or Thursday running on your car. Ye.
Speaker 4: Wow, you guys decided to escalate things, and you know I retaliated.
Speaker 5: What do you say? Nobody is saying, right.
Speaker 4: The only way to be safe is wash your car, get all the dust office so someone can't write and that'll never happen.
Speaker 3: Aldy for the base number one hit music station, Thanks for hanging out with a JV show. I'm selina, I'm just I'm Before we get to Graham's new fear, we have a talk back.
Speaker 7: Good morning JV show. This is Sanna's from Santasey. I had a topic that I wanted to us to talk about. What do you guys think about one or did friendships? I have his friend that had for years and I'm always constantly reaching out to her. She's always given me some excuses why she can't hang out. So I finally exploded and told her that we're done. I'm sick of people like that.
Speaker 5: So give me your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I guess it depends on the excuses. Are they like stupid excuses or like legit, maybe she's a mom, she's really busy.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But you know friendships that are like that.
Speaker 4: Everybody's had a friendship like that where you're like, wait a minute, what not me?
Speaker 5: This person, well you don't have any friends exactly.
Speaker 4: This other person is reaping all the benefits and then yeah, never returns any of the favors of the friendship. Where I think, to the person that left the talk back, I think where she went wrong is the big blow up. I think you just phase them out silently. That's what I do. If there's every somebody in your life, whether or not be a one ended friendship or like kind of a toxic friendship or whatever. Once you realize you don't need to have that friend of your life.
Speaker 5: Just phase them out.
Speaker 2: Just I like that.
Speaker 5: Silently phase them out.
Speaker 10: You give them the same good advice they give.
Speaker 4: You, exactly match their energy, and then they gone, I love that.
Speaker 2: That's how you do it.
Speaker 4: My friend, roster's full. I gotta free up some spots here and there. You gotta get rid of a lot of friends. He knows how to keep the Wow, there's not enough room.
Speaker 2: I'm happy at Herbert Camp.
Speaker 4: I can't service them all. There's too many friendships to service a Graham.
Speaker 2: What else do you have?
Speaker 5: All right? New fear unlocked, you guys, New fear unlocked.
Speaker 4: A doctor in Florida has been fined and placed on probation by the state's medical board after he essentially botched a couple of procedures.
Speaker 5: That's a fear of a lot of people.
Speaker 4: But this is not a way that I had ever imagined a surgery or procedure being botched and hit. This happened all because he wasn't wearing his hearing aids. Doctor prisade as a gast intronologist and he's performing Colonosco Bey's on patients, and since he can't hear without his hearing aids, and he did a couple of these without them, he had no idea that his patient wasn't fully sedated and was screaming no pain and a certain something was entering a certain area and the patient was yelling out trying to let him know, I can feel like everything that's happening.
Speaker 5: And I'm in extreme pain.
Speaker 4: But this guy just kept going about his day. But that just kept operating. He kept doing the procedure because he did not have his hearing aids in fear there'd.
Speaker 2: Be other signs. This person can the room. Yeah, you should have.
Speaker 3: Helpers, don't they They should not during.
Speaker 5: Be in there.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, okay, you can hear the screaming.
Speaker 3: I feel like there should be other signs, like that person didn't all of a sudden intense up or like try.
Speaker 2: To get away.
Speaker 4: Probably just thought this boy, this is a real snug one. I work harder to get.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? I don't know, but it happened.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 4: This doctor is now on probation, maybe may get his medical license provoke wow to get it.
Speaker 8: So confused by this because how did he get to the hospital in the first place.
Speaker 10: Everything was so quiet.
Speaker 8: I'm assuming he just thought it was like a calm day, Like, how how did matter?
Speaker 4: He was maybe like, Okay, I'm this is my time, just you know, me and the and I don't want to keep you know, And so he maybe takes him out for comfort or something. Yeah, no distractions, and he just wants to zero in on his work.
Speaker 8: Oh no, new fear unlocked you.
Speaker 5: Oh god, can you imagine that?
Speaker 3: No, imagine that with any surgery, Like you're going like they're obviously cutting into you, and imagine being like, hey, I can feel everything and they're.
Speaker 5: Not even That's what happened during my wife's C section.
Speaker 4: Then they have to put her under because her uh, what's the thing the you know that makes you numb and no, when you're pregnant and when you're going into labor.
Speaker 5: Thank you when that thing.
Speaker 4: I couldn't think of the name. I'm sorry, you know what it is. You've had them before. I'm figured if anybody's buddy anesthesia.
Speaker 2: That's what they used to put you under.
Speaker 4: That her epidural was wearing off, so she could feel the knife go into her skin and She's like, I feel that.
Speaker 3: Imagine if that doctor or you know whoever didn't have their hearing aids in that day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, O god, I know.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Graham, you just talked about a story a guy who went in for.
Speaker 4: A colonoscopy and his doctor was not wearing his hearing aids. That doctor's now on probation because the doctor couldn't hear him while he was screaming out in pain because he wasn't fully sedating.
Speaker 2: Do you fear unlot?
Speaker 11: Yes, good morning, this is you sending you from Discovery Bay. Listening to you guys talk about surgery is making me so nervous. I have my first surgery ever scheduled for this Thursday, and I am a nervous Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Sure you're going to be totally fine, except I just hope he has hearing.
Speaker 5: How do you why do you assume the doctor is or her?
Speaker 4: You did let me finish my sentence, got it, but I guess, but what if you built her up?
Speaker 5: Like now you're like, oh, everything's gonna be fine, But then what if it's not.
Speaker 2: It's got to be fine.
Speaker 4: There are certain risks associated with every surgery. You need to know those risks.
Speaker 2: Going in totally good. All right, let's talk TV.
Speaker 3: Graham and I don't have time, like ever to watch anything because of our kids, not together, separate households.
Speaker 2: But Jess, you watch a lot of TV. When do you watch it? And it better be good?
Speaker 8: So this weekend on Sunday, there was a new episode, episode one of a new documentary on Max called chim Crazy.
Speaker 10: So this is from the director of Tiger King, which.
Speaker 8: I know we all watched and we were a little shook if by their way of living.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: Well, this documentary now follows the people that are obsessed with chimps and having them as pets and just are in love with them. They It mainly follows a monkey lover by the name of Tanya Haddicks, a monkey lover, yes, of monkeys. He's actually made headlines before. She's been on the news, so you might have heard of her. But this is the way that she describes her love for chimps.
Speaker 12: Monkey love is totally different than the way that you have love for your child. If it's your natural born child, it's just natural because you actually, you know, gave birth to that kid. But when you adopt a monkey, that the bond is much much deeper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, deeper.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, you have a deeper love for a monkey then you do your own kid.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what she's saying.
Speaker 10: That is what she's saying.
Speaker 8: So when I was hearing this, I was like, Okay, maybe she doesn't have kids and she sees the monkeys as her kids.
Speaker 10: But then she said this later on in the episode, and.
Speaker 12: Anything and more than I mean more than anything, more than my kids, more than anything.
Speaker 8: What the hell can you imagine your mom saying something like this, I.
Speaker 5: Like my dog Hambone more than my kids.
Speaker 10: Why do you really?
Speaker 5: She just is like.
Speaker 4: Just so sweet and like, you know, like doesn't ever like yell at me and say I'm awful, and you know, it's like she's just like always like chill, like you know, I mean, my kids are so mean to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kids are really mean, but I still like my kids more.
Speaker 9: Just like.
Speaker 5: It's close. It's really cool.
Speaker 8: Yeah I could see that, But you wouldn't say this on national television, right, No, I wouldn't. So you you get to see the obsession and spoiler alert gram spoiler alert alert, there was another woman, you guys, she had a baby monkey. The baby monkey was actually premature, so he wasn't going to make it, and she decided.
Speaker 13: To breastfeed it.
Speaker 5: She spoiling.
Speaker 10: She breastfed the monkey so that it would survive. That so she was apparently at the time.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is the call the monkey breast like what that's not a thing. The monkey didn't say no, but the monkey wasn't willing to participate.
Speaker 5: We don't know. Yeah, I don't know if it latches on.
Speaker 8: I just I didn't work.
Speaker 2: Did it save them?
Speaker 6: Yes, so, but I feel like there could have been other ways, like a bottle or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see all the.
Speaker 3: Time on TikTok people are like feeding a baby animal's bottle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with a bottle. I've fed a baby goat out of a bottle before.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think at the even at the worst yet, because you know how you're able to like pump, so at least give them that, don't have them latch on to you.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but this is what you like.
Speaker 8: Because there were so many videos on TikTok saying like this is the new tiger.
Speaker 10: King, and Tiger King was insane.
Speaker 8: Now this was just episode one, so I can't even imagine what's gonna happen in the next episodes.
Speaker 2: Because it's a four part documentary and.
Speaker 5: Cool have a pet monkey.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted to win ever since I was little. I feel like Tiger King was.
Speaker 3: So good though because of the the drama and the characters like the people, not because of like their love of tigers.
Speaker 8: There is a similar situation in this documentary as someone killed, not that it's not that, but it's basically a battle with Peta and the woman that I mentioned before, Tania. She is basically trying to do everything she can to protect the monkeys from Peter taking them away, and the first episode did end on a cliffhanger spoiler alert spoiler, but basically, Peter was supposed to confiscate seven monkeys and when they showed up, they were like, okay, you know we were everything. Everything went well, we were able to confiscate the monkeys. The only thing is that one is missing and we can't find it.
Speaker 5: And so she ran veas got married.
Speaker 10: Happened with Tanya and the monkey.
Speaker 6: And she she must have taken it lucky, but this is what Jess is into.
Speaker 3: Woman and monkey running off to Vegas getting married by Elvist.
Speaker 2: Lovers.
Speaker 8: Look, I've been watching a lot of reality TV.
Speaker 10: I needed a break from something that was mind blowing it.
Speaker 5: Wait and this is on Animal Planet.
Speaker 2: No, this is on Max.
Speaker 4: It seems like if you am an Okay, it's on Max and it's called monkey Glove.
Speaker 3: No, that's what I said, too crazy, am What are you watching these days? By the way, you mentioned yesterday Paris?
Speaker 4: Wow, you tell anybody about the swear to imbody?
Speaker 5: My boys found out.
Speaker 4: I'm at home sipping a glass of white wine with my wife watching Emily in Paris so excitedly on Friday and Saturday night. They would roast me. So you zip it and don't tell anyone about that.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm having to rewatch pretty show, The Lady Peterson Documentaries.
Speaker 2: I watched it. I watched it over the weekend, but me and my sister were like ten white claws deep, like, I have to rewatch the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Ten claws. A couple of classy gals.
Speaker 2: About that. Don't tell him want thank you?
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, good show, This.
Speaker 5: Is landside of Sandra Bone and I just say congratulations. Selena, your thirty six wife class away from being invited.
Speaker 4: To Herbert Camp. Yeah, Selena just shared with us over the weekend she was watching one of the Lacy Peterson documentaries and said she was ten white claws deep. But to be able to go to Herbert Camp, where I go camping with my buddies every summer, you got to be averaging I think thirty eight to forty two.
Speaker 5: Clause a day.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think I can do that.
Speaker 5: So you're almost there.
Speaker 2: I'll keep working towards it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, thanks Graham's Honest Gaze.
Speaker 13: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the.
Speaker 8: Bay and trending is sponsored by Manci needs visit MENSI nee SeaWorld for the Labor Day sales event, or visit SeaWorld dot com.
Speaker 3: So yet another instance of Blake Lively being a mean girl?
Speaker 5: Oh wow wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As you know, ever since she's been doing press for her latest film, It Ends with Us, people have been basically turning on her because she's just coming off so unlikable and everyone's been digging up mean girl moments yesterday, we talked about a reporter congratulating Blake Lively. This is years ago, a congratulating Blake on her little bump after she announced a pregnancy, and Blake sarcastically responded, congrats on your little bump. And now the reporter has shared that she was struggling with infertility at the time, and also Jez shared that Blake to this day still has not apologized. Now another mean girl moment has resurfaced.
Speaker 2: This is from two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: She sat down with New York Magazine to talk about her film, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee.
Speaker 2: Huh, never heard of that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, And I guess Blake had a kissing scene with another actor. And she says in this interview, like to the reporter, well, he is an upgrade from Penn Badgely, who she was linked to, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to that. And the reporter took.
Speaker 3: The opportunity to ask about her real life relationship with Penn Badgely, and then Blake snaps, I thought this was New York Magazine.
Speaker 2: I thought you were supposed to be classy.
Speaker 5: Ooh, you're the one that brought him up. It's a good point.
Speaker 4: The interview is just doing their job at that point literally literally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Interesting, Well, I mean that was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: But she's still very unlikable in interviews.
Speaker 2: She's done last week.
Speaker 5: People can change. No, I'm kidding. People can't change.
Speaker 2: Can It's not her?
Speaker 5: No, No, I've I've never met anybody that's ever changed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gram, do you have a chance of rain has entered the Bay Area forecast?
Speaker 5: You guys cheer yet? No, we have a.
Speaker 4: Big pool party at Great Yeah coming up September fourteenth. That summer can end after that, but that's summertime, all right. Chance of rain ended the forecast. I just hopped in the JV Show Live Doppler storm Tracking Weather Blue News desk that Drew Tuna, and I can confirm there is a low pressure system heading our way for the end of the week. Rain in August a pretty rare thing in the Bay Area obviously, and as of right now looks like just a ten to twenty percent ants of rain on Friday, mainly in the North Bay. So sorry, Jess, Chid and I will be basking in the rain up there in the North Bay. So I have to wait and see THEO if it materializes, because no good weather person can predict the weather more than twenty four hours out, but overall, the entire Bay Area should cool down quite a bit.
Speaker 5: That much.
Speaker 4: We know Thursday and into Friday. Friday will be the coldest day of the week. And although it may feel like fall and basic b season, don't get too used to it, because starting next week the heat is back on. Inland temperature another heat event is starting. They say Madland temperatures will be back up into the nineties in a lot of areas starting on Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 3: So I feel like there's so many more summer activities I need to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same, but Friday will be a little taste of fall, so just enjoy it super and spice and then move on back to summer.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 3: We're playing what the Bleep, where you just got to be the very first person to guest today's bleeped out word. As always as talkback MIC, it's always open. It's on the free iHeartRadio app. That's going to leave your guesses. Are you guys ready for today's clip?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: The worst thing about being a parent is if your kid wants to eat your you have to let them.
Speaker 5: I'll call CPS right now.
Speaker 4: I We'll call CPS right now, and not even anonymously. I'm not even scared to call them. Tell them who I am. The coworkers sick? All right, think about what that bleeped out word is. Please think carefully and think pow.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're the sick one.
Speaker 4: Leave that guess on the talkback Mike. Leave us your name, your city, and then your guests. Let's get you that chug mug.
Speaker 2: What do you why not?
Speaker 5: If you're not drinking out of a chugmug right now? What are you drinking?
Speaker 2: Are even like living lights?
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 3: Nine, they're playing what the Bleep? Where you can win a JV Show chug mug if and only if you are the first person a guest Today's bleeped out word. As always, the talkback Mike is open on the iHeartRadio app. That's where you're gonna leave your guesses. And in case you missed it alone earlier, here is today's clip. The worst thing about being a parent is if your kid wants to eat your you have to let them.
Speaker 2: You have to. You're sick. This is a family show. The word is something clean. It always is.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 2: Let's go to your guesses now.
Speaker 11: Good morning JV Show.
Speaker 3: This is Melanie from Bleto and my guess is dessert.
Speaker 4: Sharing is carry.
Speaker 2: Oh I hate that.
Speaker 3: I hate and they want to buy and whatever I'm having nice, I know, but sometimes I just want my own, you know, and then once they touch it, it's like, just keep it.
Speaker 2: It's yours, you can just have it.
Speaker 14: Good Morning JV Show. This is Kayla from Livermore. My guess is candy because my brother always used to sniff out when my mom opened any type of chocolate, so I think that anytime you have candy, they get to eat it. Also, Mom, if you're listening, I know you're hearing this a week later because you're really behind on the podcast. But I have a good day.
Speaker 4: Guy and correct guests, but sweet message hi Mom on the podcast.
Speaker 5: We love you Mom.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, that's a really good guess, but not the right one for today.
Speaker 4: Hey, JAV Show is Edwin from Pittsburgh, and we believe that the bleeped out word is.
Speaker 5: Fries.
Speaker 1: You know, you go to.
Speaker 14: Fast food, get some fries.
Speaker 4: Kids always want some fries and you gotta just let them have it.
Speaker 5: It sucks even though we got no kids. But I know I did it to my parents. Love you, I have a good morning. That is the best guess.
Speaker 3: Fries, Yeah, you could have like five left and you just want them so bad.
Speaker 2: Are so good, but your kid wants them.
Speaker 4: And you have to give it to As soon as you become a parent, you know they ain't your fries anymore, forever shareable.
Speaker 3: All right, we are still looking for the correct answer, so continue to leave your talk bags on the iHeartRadio Apple Play.
Speaker 2: Some more guesses coming up here.
Speaker 1: JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, trying to get.
Speaker 2: This winner inside. What the bleeps we can give you this JV Show chug mug.
Speaker 3: You just got to be the first person to guess today's bleeped out word. Now, in case you are just tuning in, here's today's clip. The worst thing about being a parent is if your kid wants to eat your you have to let them.
Speaker 2: That's discussed. Do you remember that this is a family show. Okay, No, the word is.
Speaker 3: Always something clean, So if your guess is clean, it is Graham, I promise you. Okay, if you ever do want to leave a guest and we hope you do do that on the talk back Mike on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Let's go through some of them now.
Speaker 9: Good morning JV shows.
Speaker 11: This is so far from ocaland and I think the missing word is your kid is trying to eat your vitamins or your acid pills?
Speaker 5: Your kids ever to eat your acid pills?
Speaker 2: No, what is that?
Speaker 5: If they want you have to share it.
Speaker 2: That sounds dangerous?
Speaker 4: Maybe like Tom, Maybe like Tom's sound. Some of those taste pretty.
Speaker 2: Good, Okay, I don't look like candy too.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And your gummy vitamins, my kids want to have those.
Speaker 2: That's a good.
Speaker 3: Guestings Marbo from Conquered and my what's the.
Speaker 1: Bleep guest is ice creams.
Speaker 9: My kid's always guest.
Speaker 4: A lot of people. That was a very popular guest this morning. Ice cream.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: I'm Diana from Fort Bragg, California, and my guess is leftovers, leftover.
Speaker 5: I just checked you guys, JAV show, number one show and Fort Bragg, So thank you Dana for listening from number one up there.
Speaker 4: Yes, from Mount View, I think the bleeped out word is snacks.
Speaker 5: Snacks, snacks word.
Speaker 2: It is all right.
Speaker 3: Here's today's clip unbleeped. The worst thing about being a parent is if your kid wants to eat your snacks, you have to let them.
Speaker 2: You do. It's just like it's unspoken rule. Oh god, it's the worst.
Speaker 5: Don't ever have kids.
Speaker 3: It makes me I don't even buy like yummy snacks times.
Speaker 4: I have to say that reason. But like parents, we've all done it. You sneak the snacks. You have to sneak them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but my kids they've learned that I keep sour Skittling in my night stand.
Speaker 5: Wait, what for myself?
Speaker 4: You you you're you're wait, you grown woman, you're an adult. You keep sour skittles in your nightstands?
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 10: Because I know it's not just that.
Speaker 4: That's the weirdest, the weirdest thing you've ever shared on these airways before, and you we've all shared a lot of stuff. You keep set like, I'm just a bag of sour skittles where there's multiple bags so when one runs out, you've got a backup.
Speaker 5: Bag in your nightstand?
Speaker 2: Oh no, just one like the share side.
Speaker 4: So what nighttime you just reach over to your nightstand and just start eating sour skins after you brush your teeth.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, no, this is before.
Speaker 5: This is the weirdest.
Speaker 2: Why is that so weird?
Speaker 3: Things that I have to hide from my kids? Like, I'm I literally have to have to like hide cookies. Like That's why half the time I go to the grocery store, I don't even buy like yummy things because you're just gonna eat them all.
Speaker 9: See.
Speaker 4: My kid's like no, Like, yeah, there's some treats up on top of the refrigerator, right, And last night I was like, man, I want a little bag of those fruit snack things or whatever, you know, little bunny fruit snacks. And so I grab them and then I put them in my pocket very stealthily, and then I walk out front of the OUs or to another room so I can eat them because if they see eating them, they're gonna ask.
Speaker 5: For some.
Speaker 2: To give it to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, So I sneak the food away. I guess that's sad too. But saw our skittles in your nightstand is rock bottom? I mean that's brutal.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get some shoutouts. Let's get some shoutouts. First to Jose and Mountain Few. What's up? Jose, sell up?
Speaker 4: Get our very first correct answer This morning, so he's gonna be getting a brand new JV show Chuck mug. But a lot of people also came to the correct dancer this morning, and unfortunately they weren't.
Speaker 5: Quite quick enough.
Speaker 4: Vicki and Castro Valley had a Sodi Mareda and Tracy TJ in Liverpool, what's up TJ? My buddy Matas and Balao was up mates he had it. Craig studied Vicki and El Sabronte Junior in Oakland?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: Junior?
Speaker 4: Rod Rio and Tracy Matt in Aach and Amy and Marlow the Wonder Dog from San di Angelo at prad to.
Speaker 5: Most probably a couple other people that I didn't get to.
Speaker 4: But if you almost got it today and you want a chug mug, the best way to get.
Speaker 5: One tomorrow when tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yep, seven h five.
Speaker 5: That's so I will do it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, and make sure when you when you check your email, that's how we're going to reach out to you to get you that chug mug.
Speaker 2: Graham, anything else you want to talk about here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought there was a pretty funny exchange that I saw. This police department in Mississippi posted this text message exchange. Somebody thought they were texting their friend, when in fact they were actually texting with an officer of the particular police department, the Gulfport Police Department. This person texted yo, and the officer responded up. Then the person text said wyd what are you doing? The officer responded chilling. How about you? The person said, want to smoke and the officer said smoke with.
Speaker 5: A question mark.
Speaker 4: This person replied, I got some fire emoji gas pump emoji?
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: We'll stop there for a second. What does fire emoji gas pump emoji mean?
Speaker 2: You got some gas?
Speaker 5: Some good Stuff's got it? All right?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm asking sorry, I don't you I don't speak emoji because I don't use them, nor do I smoll The officer said, I don't think I'll be able to smoke with you. The person said, bro, we smoke all the time, officer. The officer responded, I think you have the wrong number. This person said, bro, stop capping, to which the officer then sent a selfie of himself holding a police badge and wrote no cap. And they said, whoever was texting did not respond to that, So that is brouh stop cappin.
Speaker 2: He brought that number so fat, so fast.
Speaker 4: We smoke all the time together. I got some of that fire emoji.
Speaker 5: Guess that's good.
Speaker 1: Oh well, pleasure the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for hanging out with us on this Tuesday. Let's go to the phone.
Speaker 2: Hi, who is this Casey?
Speaker 3: Casey?
Speaker 2: How's it going this morning?
Speaker 4: Pretty good?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 3: We are really good? Thanks so much for asking. So you know what's on the line today right inside the JV Show.
Speaker 2: You have no game?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, I'm away laptop.
Speaker 2: Don't screw it up, Casey, no pressure. But this is like a really really good price.
Speaker 12: It is.
Speaker 5: I just dropped my daughter off of school and she's like you wanted Oh nice, So.
Speaker 2: This would be for her. What's her name?
Speaker 9: Talk?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 5: CALLI Charlie.
Speaker 2: That's my daughter's names, all right, one of the best names ever.
Speaker 5: All right, So here we go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna ask you for a trivia questions.
Speaker 2: She just gotta get three correct and this chromebook is yours? Okay, all right, all right, let's.
Speaker 3: Get to a question number one, and what part of your body would you find the carpal bones.
Speaker 4: In your hand. Yeah, yeah, But the carpal bones are in your.
Speaker 3: Wrist, connected to the hands, connected to.
Speaker 5: The bones that are in your hands.
Speaker 4: But those are the things, those are flangies. I don't know what those are called.
Speaker 5: I want to make that up.
Speaker 4: But the carpal bones are in your wrist, carpal tunnel syndrome.
Speaker 2: We were looking for risks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard.
Speaker 5: All right, I'll think about it.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving it to you.
Speaker 5: All right. Question number two?
Speaker 4: In Roman numerals, what number does x V represent?
Speaker 5: The good one? All right?
Speaker 3: Question number three, So the NFL team, the Steelers, they play their home games at Agrisher Stadium, sure, which is located in what US state?
Speaker 9: Pittsburgh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Pittsburgh ain't no state. All right? Question number four, You need this one to win the game. You got this one.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: They say you should never eat the seeds of what type of popular fruit?
Speaker 1: Because they contain cyani.
Speaker 11: Watermelon, b.
Speaker 5: Bro apples, apples.
Speaker 4: You don't eat the seeds and apples because they have a very small amount of signing.
Speaker 3: I think that's why we should give him a point for the first question, even though he.
Speaker 4: Got it wrong, but it was close enough. Well, he gets watermelon. Watermelon's pretty close to an apple, right, you got four out of four? Stop, Graham, I'm just trying to understand your logic.
Speaker 8: Well, the first one makes more sense because it is it's basically basically the hand like.
Speaker 2: He knew carpal tunnel syndrome, like it's hand pain.
Speaker 4: So you know, I mean, risks are basically hands that I'm saying, why don't you get it? Why don't you pick up your pen and do some writing with your wrists? I will, you will watch me. I did say he has a daughter named Kelly and that we have a soft spot for Cali.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 10: Fun sub grads. You just got a Chromebook laptop. This is courtesy of Epic Record.
Speaker 5: Wait, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: You are very welcome. All right, hang on really quick, Graham.
Speaker 4: Because some shout out we do moms and my dam's moms and my dam's.
Speaker 5: Actually this is a sister.
Speaker 4: My DMS says, Hey, Graham, can you please give a birthday shout out to my sister Yessenia on August twentieth.
Speaker 5: Can you tell her?
Speaker 4: I said, happy twentieth birthday, baby, Sys.
Speaker 5: Thank you for always being there for us. We love and appreciate you so much.
Speaker 4: Oh and by the way, we regret to inform you that your teen years have officially expired. We hope you have an amazing birthday. Love, Ruby, Esme, Lucy and Adrian. Thank you so much. Graham, You guys are awesome, so happy happy birthday. Yes, but your teen years are over.
Speaker 5: One more.
Speaker 4: I got a DM and says, hey, Graham, could you please wish my son Aiden a happy fifteenth birthday? On Tuesday. We listen to the JV Show every morning. Aidan is such a smart, kind and hardworking kid and I love him so much. Love his mom Erica. So happy happy birthday. Keep being a good son, but.
Speaker 2: Really, use that is a good point.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, you give in on some of them, but you don't give in on all of them. Interesting JV Show.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 4: That sounds like it's a judgment for our Nope game where you guys convinced me that Casey, who just came on and played, should win the Chromebook laptop even though he didn't get all the answers correct.
Speaker 5: You said he was closed on one, even though.
Speaker 3: Ever since I will I will admit ever since we started giving away the chromebooks because they're going to students who really need them. I've developed somewhat of a soft spot for people who come on and play the JV shaped Nope game. You know, the soft spot is not gonna last forever. Once we go back to giving away. Here's kids, Bob, two kids. I think we'll go back to, you know, the other way of playing, where you have to get the answer correctly to win.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to deprive a student of a chromebook.
Speaker 5: I don't neither. But rules are rules.
Speaker 2: I know, but this is a chromebook that they need it for school.
Speaker 10: But rules are the rules need to be bended a little bit?
Speaker 2: Bent?
Speaker 5: Bent is the word bent? A little?
Speaker 13: It's all we need to know, showed us and the most talked about stories happening today.
Speaker 3: Shut Up Trending has sponsored by Matt Cenis is a madd CDC world for the labor day.
Speaker 10: Sets of it visits sleepworld dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, so the two doctors arrested in connection with Matthew Perry's death can no longer write prescriptions.
Speaker 2: And we knew this was coming.
Speaker 3: Both doctor Salvadora Placentia and doctor Mark Chavez they had their registrations polled last week. So doctor Chavez, he voluntarily gave his up as part of his plea deal where he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute ketymine. He'll be arigned on the thirtieth and faces a potential ten year prison sentence. The other doctor, doctor Placentias, he's out on bond right now, and he's facing a number of charges, including seven counts of a distribution of ketymine. He's the one who was supplying Matthew's assistant with the ketymine and showed him how to inject it and all that stuff. So this doctor could end up with the as sentence of one hundred and twenty years is if convicted on all these charges.
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 4: But in all actuality, how many years do you think these guys serve?
Speaker 5: If any a few? At the very.
Speaker 2: Very most five maybe yeh.
Speaker 10: I mean I'm gonna say three, three to five yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Likely first time offenders, and I don't know, only only if the judge wants to make an example of him because it's a high profile case. True, true, But outside of that, I think it's slap on the wrist time.
Speaker 2: We also have more details on the weeks leading up to Matthew Perry's dead.
Speaker 3: So his assistant, you know, the one that I said, was injecting him with kennemine. He admitted to finding Matthew unconscious a number of times in the weeks before he passed away. He reveals that he would inject Matthew Perry six to eight times a day, and on the day that he died, October twenty eighth, he gave him an injection at eight thirty in the morning, another one around twelve forty five, and then forty minutes after that, Matthew asked him to get his jacuzzi ready and quote shoot him up with the big one, which he did, and those were his final words because after that, the assistant went out to run some errands, came back and Matthew had already drowned.
Speaker 5: God okay, yikes, not good.
Speaker 3: Not good at all, Very sad, Graham. What do you haven't said? Today's hot is trending?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Remember those Waymo cars that were annoying residents here in San Francisco because they were just honking at each other all night long in that big parking lot where they all go to hang out when they're off duty. I guess it's weird leg the way most have a little social area they get to go hang Selena. You talked about how Waymo said they were implementing a software fix for the cars to get it to stop, but apparently it has not worked. Since the issue began on July twenty eighth. Waymo's engineers they actually have updated their software at least twice trying to fix this honking problem.
Speaker 5: But this past weekend the honking came back.
Speaker 4: Oh my one neighbor who lives right above that parking lot even started a twenty four hour live stream video of it.
Speaker 5: If you want to watch.
Speaker 4: It, it's called the Low Fi Waimo Hip Hop Radio Self Driving Taxi Depot sh Shenanigans to relax slash study two. WHOA that's really easy to remember. Yeah, type that in you can find that stream. People all around the world have actually been tuning in to witness the hot mess for themselves. WEIMO execs have apologized for the problem. They promised that the fix will work with another software upgrade, so they they they're sorry San Francisco residents. The cars keep honking at each other, but the fix is on the way again. If you want to watch the live stream, it's called the Low Fi Waimo Hip Hop Radio Self Driving Taxi Depot Shenanigans to Relax slash study two.
Speaker 5: So if you want to watch.
Speaker 3: Perfect And by the way, they were honking at each other because as they're trying to pull into these parking spots, you know, they have something installed in them where if there's a car that's like backing up in front of them, like it's just in way Mo's, it's their instinct to honk at the car that's backing up in front of them to and that was an effort to stop like low speed collisions. Yes, and that's what's causing all this honkings. So imagine a parking lot with like fifty way more cars is all honking.
Speaker 4: Don't you back up into me. I'm not going to back watch out for them, they're about to back up into you. Yeah, Waymo says, our self driving cars are designed to see three hundred and sixty degrees and not to be distracted, unlike human drivers who are not always fully aware.
Speaker 5: Of their surroundings. And they say, yes, the honking is to alert other drivers of their presence when it's needed.
Speaker 2: Graham, did you have another shout out you wanted to do?
Speaker 5: Ooh, you're right, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't want to miss it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to miss this one. Let me grab it, Let me grab it. Mom was in Medim yesterday. He says, Hey, grab my kids and I listened every morning on the way to school. Can I ask for a belated birthday shout out for my youngest I then his favorite part is the who gives a fart everyone? I love that he turned six years old on the fifteenth. Ouch Mom, five days late. I said, we just got back from camping and celebration of his birthday. We listen to you guys every morning on our way to school. Thank you so much, and thank you guys for the last every morning that is from Mom Mardy so.
Speaker 5: Happy Happy birthday. Five. Then, yeah, belated birthday. Sorry Mom dropped the ball, but we got it for you.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 3: Gramma, I know you want to talk about the new way adults are making some side money really quick.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs had that preseason game on Saturday against the Lions.
Speaker 2: In a postgame interview.
Speaker 3: Travis Kelcey Travis Kelcey made fun of Patrick Mahomes's voice. You know, yeah, how he has a little kermit thing going on.
Speaker 5: He was supposed to run a flat route. I don't know if you can hear me on the broadcast. I'm yelling at him, and then he doesn't run it, so you know, he's.
Speaker 2: Got the voice thing, and so he kind of mumbled out the play. I couldn't hear it.
Speaker 5: He's supposed to run a flat round. Oh good, it was so good.
Speaker 2: All right, Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Move over kids and their little lemonade stands. You're cute, but parents just said hold my beer. Well, not just parents, adults, because this is the new side hustle, New side hustle, Alert people, lemonade stands are no longer just for kids. In this article I read, it details how a lot of adults, some trying to pay off a student debt and otherwise, have turned to lemonade stands, and apparently they can be quite profitable. This one woman says she spent about fifteen hundred dollars on coolers and industrial lemon slicer and all sorts of things, and she set up her own little lemonade stand near a farmer's market, and the money started rolling in. She says she makes about one thousand to one thousand, five hundred dollars in sales per event. She charges eight dollars for one cup of lemonade, and she's got a couple of different flavors. Even some people report that they can get booked for like little private events and other things, and sales can go up from there and make anywhere from two thousand. This one woman made anywhere from two thousand to even up to ten thousand dollars an event, all selling lemonade, little lemonade.
Speaker 2: Stands, having spiked lemonade.
Speaker 4: Now that's where you really I'm paying eight If I'm paying eight bucks for a glass.
Speaker 5: Of lemonade, they're going to be extra in there. Shot a kettle one in there. Yeah, all right. What do you guys think though, in you listening, leave us a talk pack.
Speaker 4: What do you think about adult Let's just say that you've got a neighborhood stand set up and it's an adult work in that lemonade stand where normally you would see kids setting up their cute little stand. There's a big sign out lemonade, but it's a it's an adult that's trying to pay off a little student debt. How do we feel about an adult that has a lemonade stand.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm less inclined to go give you my money, are you?
Speaker 8: Isn't Isn't this just like any other I guess, booth or vendor that would set up at a farmer's market.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it kind of is, except most of those, like you know, are preparing some sort of food item or something or baked good lemonadees just squeezing lemonade and some sugar and some water.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if it was cheaper, totally here for it eight dollars.
Speaker 10: I don't know that I would spend that. I guess I'd have to see the size of the cup.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If I saw some kids selling it, though, I feel more inclined to go, like want to.
Speaker 4: That's the more reason you go to a lemonade stand is to give help support the kids that are working at it. Never in my life, if I've been driving around like, oh my god, I'm so thirsty for lemonade, Thank god, there's a lemonade stand there. No, you either A couple of cute kids selling the lemonade. They could be selling cups of plain water. You'd still go. You know what I mean, You're supporting their little hustle and they've made their little stand, and that's why you go. You don't go because, like, dude, I've heard these kids make the best lemonade in the whole neighborhood. So go, I'll pay whatever, give me that lemonade.
Speaker 2: And even when you do that, you don't actually drink it because it was made by some kids.
Speaker 4: You don't take two SIPs you don't know what they heard that like closed lipsip because you're like, these kids' hands have been all in this stuff, so why didn't you.
Speaker 10: Want to buy it?
Speaker 8: Then from an adult that actually has all of this equipment that.
Speaker 10: They are more.
Speaker 5: I trust the lemonade more.
Speaker 4: But again, have I ever like had such a hankering for a lemonade where I'm like, oh my god, I gotta go to this lemonade stand now.
Speaker 5: I don't just maybe I don't drink lemonade like that.
Speaker 8: I'm a sucker for any sort of like vendor, like street vendors, So if I have time, I'm stopping like I'm getting through anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like anything that you see on the side of the road, you're staying anything.
Speaker 8: But if it's like fruit cups, stuff that looks delicious, I'm like, I'm here.
Speaker 4: I will say this is in just terms of a strict side hustle. It's a good idea because it's low overhead. Think about what you have to buy your ingredients, very basic. You don't need any sort of cooking equipment. You don't need a burner, a grill, a hood vent or anything. You know, Like it's very very simple. So like in that regard, I'm kind of not mad at it's kind of smart.
Speaker 2: Had it could be store bought and nobody would know. Nobody would know.
Speaker 5: A Garton down there exactly the store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fresh squeeze says so on the let I mean fresh Squez because I squeezed it myself.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 3: Nine, Graham, you're just talking about a new way adults are making money.
Speaker 2: They are set.
Speaker 5: Lemonade step over kids.
Speaker 2: That is so crazy. A right, we got some talkbacks Good.
Speaker 15: Morning JV Family. So what's the difference between a lemonade stand and ask stand? I mean, it's water, it's flavored fruit, with some sugar. Make your money, make your money.
Speaker 3: I guess it's not really much of a difference. The only the only thing is we hear lemonade stands, our brain automatically goes to like little kids.
Speaker 2: Setting up in the lane and they're right our market.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not the kids have that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't doing it.
Speaker 5: Lemonade.
Speaker 14: Who cares if it's an adult or not.
Speaker 16: It's probably it's going to be a little.
Speaker 8: Bit more sophisticated than what the littles will do.
Speaker 14: And there's a lot more intention and.
Speaker 6: Just love, but just a lot more intention behind and selling it as an adult.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's any issue to that game.
Speaker 4: I still I'm still arguing, just stay in your lane. Let the kids have that. Like, how would you feel if a group of adults set up a girl Scout cookie stand right next to your kids Girl Scout Cookie stand?
Speaker 5: You'd be like, come on, adults, like, stay in your lane. This is for the kid.
Speaker 2: Let the kids have their own thing, right, all right?
Speaker 3: So Zara just apologized for an offensive shirt that they were selling. I'm just you can see this on our Instagram story. By the way, Jab Morning Show go now to Instagram Follow us if you're not already. So it's it's a T shirt that was being sold in like the kids section.
Speaker 2: It's for younger girls, obviously, and.
Speaker 5: The one with Charlie XCX here in the rain.
Speaker 3: No, that's Charlie XCX. She's the new model for scams. That's something completely different. So this is a white T shirt and on like the front of it, it says the perfect snack, and then on the back it has a picture of a couple of strawberries and then it says take a bite a burst of sweet delight, making it the perfect summer snack. And this mom saw it out when she was so outraged, she was like, personally, I'm disgusted.
Speaker 2: I am sick to my stomach.
Speaker 3: How dare Zaras sell a sexually suggestive T shirt to young girls?
Speaker 2: And they apologize for it?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: That's what I wanted to ask you. They apologize, They said, you know, we didn't. It wasn't our intention for the use of the word snack to imply anything other than the traditional meaning of the word snack. However some people may think otherwise. Therefore, we remove the shirt from stores and our website, and we do apologize. Do you guys think this shirt is offensive.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't look at it, and automatically MIN wouldn't go there me either.
Speaker 5: It seems very innocent.
Speaker 4: Although why would you be putting like why would this end up on a shirt? In other words, like what are you advertising strawberries?
Speaker 5: I mean, it seems strange to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know more than anything more than anyone that kids just love strawberries.
Speaker 5: They do.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I see that shirt in the store, my mind isn't going to automatically go, oh my god, are you calling the kid wearing this a snack?
Speaker 2: It's about strawberries. I think it's innocent.
Speaker 8: I will say, I don't think they took the kid approach in the design of the shirt, like it's not a cartoon strawberry where it like caused.
Speaker 10: The attention for a kid to be like I want to wear that, mom. It involves some reading. And but what if.
Speaker 2: That's Tazara's style. You go there and they have a lot.
Speaker 4: Of T shirts like this, do they advertise other grocery items that I don't know? Seems very unless there's a sponsorship here with the California strawberry industry and I'd get it.
Speaker 5: But I don't understand.
Speaker 4: While I don't find it suggestive, I also just find it strange.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's the best shirt I've ever seen, not to run out and grab one, But I don't think it's offensive or suggesting anything otherwise.
Speaker 2: But jes you think maybe it is. There were some parents that agreed with her. I didn't.
Speaker 8: I could see how they could view it that way, because again, it's not really like for me.
Speaker 10: The design isn't tailored for a kid.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 3: So again, if you want to go check that out, it's on our instagram.
Speaker 2: Ja on the Morning Show.
Speaker 5: I'm confused by it.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, it's just so weird shirt. It's just not even cute.
Speaker 3: Right Again, you're not going to see eat in stores or pulled it off shelves, but it's on our instagram.
Speaker 2: JV Morning Show And if you.
Speaker 3: Want to weigh in, you know that talk Black Mike is always open on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: All right, back to Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 5: All Right?
Speaker 4: We got to talk about this controversy swirling around right now regarding Giant fan McCovey Cove. If you're not familiar with McCovey cove Dave, he's one of the guys that is out during almost every game in McCovey Cove in a kayak hoping to catch a splash hit home run, of which he's caught a lot over the years. Thirty eight splash hits and he's gotten fifty five total balls from McCovey cove. So one comes over the wall and a home run he paddles over. He's the first one usually to get it. Now, the past Wednesday night, one of the Atlanta Braves players, Michael Harris, hit a Grand Slam into.
Speaker 5: McCovey Cove, which is a very rare occurrence.
Speaker 4: It's only happened three or four other times ever in the history of the ballpark. And McCovey cove Dave got that ball, and he says that the Braves reached out to him because they wanted it back. This was a milestone ball for Michael Harris. This is his first major league Grand Slam and it's a Grand Slam.
Speaker 5: Splash hit ball.
Speaker 4: It's you know, it's it's a valuable piece of memorabilia for him. So he says they reached out to him wanting the ball back, and he said, yeah, I give it back, but I have He basically laid out a bit of a demand.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: He says that he wants the Giants to give him a discounted parking rate basically where the employees park in the employee lot, because he says, I go to all these games. It's expensive, you know, pay sixty dollars to park every time. Now he's not buying a ticket because floating around Himcovey Cove is free. But he says, all this parking is added up over the years and he's been going there for decades.
Speaker 3: Why would the Giants care to give that to him? They're not the ones asking for the ball back.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the interesting thing.
Speaker 4: But he said that this is the deal I want, and Braves, you want the ball back, you know, help broke her this deal and give him the discounted parking. Interesting, would you guys give this ball back if you were him? Because the Braves organization very upset that they haven't yet gotten the ball back, and he says, well, if the request that because so far the request for the discounted parking rate has been denied, and so he says he's keeping the ball.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I mean, you got it fair and square, it's yours. Right, Maybe the brain should have their own Kayaker out McCovey, come catching the balls.
Speaker 2: That's what you want.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 4: That also is completely ridiculous. But yeah, look, I don't know. I mean, you always hear these stories about people getting strong armed for a piece of memorabilia back. I mean, Selena, they would have no idea that one of their players hit a grand Slam on their one visit to day.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, can I ask him maybe stupid question.
Speaker 3: Sure, if he were to like give and be like, fine, I'll give you the ball back, but then gave him a different one, would they know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true. Oh right.
Speaker 3: You know if he has like thirty something game balls that he's caught, how would they know?
Speaker 5: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: They authenticate balls like when somebody is chasing a milestone home run. That's how they knew, like Barry Bond's record breaking home run balls were the actual ones because they were authenticating them at that time. But I don't know that they do that on just your average regular I don't think they would know game. McCovey cove Dave, take a guess how many followers on Instagram he has?
Speaker 2: Ten thousand?
Speaker 8: Just uh, seventeen thousand, thirty forty two and a half thousands?
Speaker 5: Are you salty at all? That has more followers.
Speaker 10: Than he earns them? And keep that ball earned them?
Speaker 5: Cobby cove Dave? On Twitter?
Speaker 4: I guess how many followers he has? Nine thousand, seven ninety six.
Speaker 5: You guys salty? He's got more followers than your own.
Speaker 2: I don't care about Twitter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not too active mostly Instead.
Speaker 2: Where a should they talk back about this entire debacle?
Speaker 17: Good morning, guys. So about the Grand Grand Slam ball. I mean he's not really asking for you know, free stuff. He just wants a discount parking. But then again, the Giants you know, doesn't have to do anything for him. Technically it's not a Giants ball, you know what I mean? If you know, if the babes want it back, then gives the man something, pay him or buy it off him or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 17: Anyway, have a good day, guys, love.
Speaker 3: You, Thank you for the talk back. You're not even making it sound like a good deal, just asking it back.
Speaker 15: But what.
Speaker 4: They offered him, memorabilia and assigned bat and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That's kind of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's well, it's a Braves home run ball. What do you want a Brave's home run ball for?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 4: If you're a covey cove dave, you're a Giants fan, why do you want a piece of Braves memorabilia?
Speaker 2: It's it's called out to them to get back.
Speaker 5: But that's sort of the standard offer.
Speaker 4: If a player hits a normal home run ball and it's their first home run of their career or something, the team will offer you a signed bat and a thing, take a picture with the guy, whatever, and then you give the ball back.
Speaker 5: Now, unless you're catching some milestone home run ball.
Speaker 4: When you know Aaron Judge hits his sixty second home run in the season, that ball is gonna be worth a ton of money. Your normal guy that came up from the miners and hits his first home run ever in his career, that ball probably ain't gonna work. It's not unless he goes on to become Babe Ruth. That ball is not worth anything. Take your signed bat in your hat, but it's not. It's up, but it is your property. Once you catch it, it's yours. You don't have to give it back.
Speaker 2: You sure don't.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Grant we have a shout out before trending.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of our favorite listeners of all time, Danny Castillo, checking in on Twitter this morning, says, good morning, JV Show. Could you help me wish my buddy Joseph. That's the sun A happy twenty first birthday this morning. So proud of this young man. Many more to come, and happy National Radio Day to us. Oh, Rody was.
Speaker 5: National Radio Day, but more importantly, it's.
Speaker 4: My boy Joseph's birthday.
Speaker 5: Happy, Happy birthday Joseph twenty one. Oh really, that's how fun. That's a fun one.
Speaker 2: The part that that's a good point.
Speaker 13: Yeah, honest, Pad, It's all the stuff you need to know, what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Chapel Roan, who just kidding Chapel Roone. She went on a whole rant against fans who want to take pictures with her. I'll be the first to say I do not like this kind of attitude from celebrities. But here is just a small clip of a really long rant she posted on TikTok about fans not respecting her boundaries and coming up to her in public.
Speaker 5: Would you go up to a.
Speaker 2: Random lady and say can I get a photo with you?
Speaker 11: And she's like no, what the and then you get mad at this random lady.
Speaker 2: I don't care that it's normal.
Speaker 3: I don't care that this crazy type of behavior comes along with the job.
Speaker 5: That does not make it okay.
Speaker 6: If you think it's selfish with me to say no for a photo or for your time or for a.
Speaker 5: Hug, that's not normal. That's weird.
Speaker 10: It's weird how people think that you know a person just because you see them online or you listen to the art they make.
Speaker 2: That's weird, she said.
Speaker 3: And I don't have to like be here for your creepy behavior, she said, I'm just a random person.
Speaker 2: You're just a random person. It's weird.
Speaker 5: I totally disagree.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't have this job if it was it wasn't for those well, random people coming up to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, you wouldn't have any of it.
Speaker 4: They're the ones that are supporting you and allowing you to have the job. We all have things that we want to complain about about our job. Think about the job you're doing right now, everybody listening, whatever job that is. There's some things you like and there's a bunch of things you don't like. That's called life. And the one thing about being a celebrity and you have incredible wealth and you get to play music or whatever it may be for a living and make again lots of money and cars and house. But there is that one thing. And there's going to be some things you don't like about your job. Yeah, and maybe that one thing is having to meet your fans. And if that's so bad, then you're.
Speaker 5: In the wrong job. Don't think another job.
Speaker 3: I will say, maybe there are some instances where you probably don't want to approach somebody, you know, if they're doing something, if they're at the doctor. You know, you see Chapel roone in the lobby for her gynecology point, I mean, maybe don't approach her then, or there are certain times where it's maybe not appropriate. But for the most part, this just comes along with the territory.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, and I get it.
Speaker 2: And you should be happy about that.
Speaker 4: People should have more respect for boundaries than there should be times when you shouldn't go up to somebody, But I'm sorry even in those moments when they don't, and people are have no self awareness that approach you when they shouldn't, and it even does seem a little crey goes with the territory. Yeah, like you said, that's still part of it. Yes, yes, it will be annoying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and sorry to break it to you, but you're not a random person anymore.
Speaker 10: You're not just a random lady on the street. You're Chapel Roone. You have a huge fan base. And if you're allowed to.
Speaker 8: Encourage people to listen to your music by stream your music, by your merch and do all that, then I think fans are allowed to ask for a picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she you have to understand that maybe what you do isn't a big deal to you because you're the one doing it and you think that you're just a random person, but you don't know how your music or whatever has influenced somebody and they follow you and they feel like they do know you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I just well, let me ask this. If Chapel Run walked by.
Speaker 4: You and wouldn't recognize her in the street, to go, what any of you guys recognize her.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I mean.
Speaker 2: So, so you don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 5: Don't have to worry about us. I could not pick you out of the line.
Speaker 8: It just makes me so sad because I had such a great time seeing her at Outside Lance and I.
Speaker 2: Was saying, you know, this is what she thinks of you. Wow, don't you.
Speaker 4: See It's a bit like it's kind of like the audacity of her to go on this rant. Now, there are people that are mega famous. I get them going on this rant because they've been being approached by people for the last twenty years and every single person knows them walking down the street, every single person.
Speaker 5: But you, you haven't even scratched you.
Speaker 3: Like, if this isn't made for you, that's okay. Do what Sea does where the wig would put on something. You know, some people don't recognize you. You're still having the success, you're still doing what you love, You're still making your music. But you're not gonna get stopped on the street. Yeah, it's nothing to consider.
Speaker 2: All right, Graham? What do you have?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 10: Really?
Speaker 2: Can I just talk about Beyonce really quick?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 3: She's come out with her own whiskey called Sir Davis.
Speaker 16: It's not out yet, but just because she's a country artist possibly know, we talked about it, you know, and not in her first like country single, she's down there drinking at the dive bar, like, uh uh no, you're not your Beyonce, you don't go to dive bars.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't picture her taking shots of Jack Daniels down there at that dive bar.
Speaker 3: I don't consider her like a full on country artist yet she's Beyonce, So I mean, I don't know. To me, I don't, Country's not the first thing I think of.
Speaker 5: But she is a little.
Speaker 2: Country She's from Houston, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So she teamed up with Moet Hennessy and they created their first ever American spirit that was developed entirely here in Texas. So it's not out yet, but but it's available for pre order at Sir Davis dot com and will be available in September at retailers across the country.
Speaker 2: If anyone gives a fart, now Graham back to the.
Speaker 4: Fart, all right, brush up on your Chipotle trivia and knowledge, because it could earn you some free Chipotle foods starting today going through the end of Thursday, Chipotle said they're gonna offer five thousand Bogo codes buy one, get one free codes per hour to the first Chippotle Rewards members who score ten out of ten on their trivia game.
Speaker 5: It's back Chipotle IQ test. Just go to.
Speaker 4: Chipotleq dot com and you got to answer some questions about their true or false multiple choice about some of their menu items, and some other stuff about Chipotle.
Speaker 5: But if you get that right, then you get that Bogo code.
Speaker 4: You get a free regular menu andre item with the purchase of one on you know, buy one, you know how buy one get one free.
Speaker 5: We get some free.
Speaker 4: But you guys, look, if you get a perfect score, you'll unlock an extra credit question and if you get that one correct, then you'll be entered to win one.
Speaker 5: Of fifty free burritos for a year prizes. You better believe I'm going to Chipotle IQ right now.
Speaker 2: I don't think I cast my knowledge. I don't know a lot about Chipotle.
Speaker 5: Well, I just hit let's go. So let's all right, let's see what we don't let.
Speaker 2: Me know the when you get right, I'm already out.
Speaker 5: I don't know the answer to this question.
Speaker 3: Fine, I agree, all right, Thank you Graham, The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine