Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. The American way is, we protect our children. And as we sit here right now at four h six, we know that the next mass shootings, the next school shootings in Colorado, are being planned as we speak, and we hope and we pray and we work to make sure that those monsters who are planning the next school shootings here, that they fail, that they're thwarted along the way. But we know that's happening, and we know it's coming. And yet we have so many, so many on the left who are opposed to just these practical, common sense efforts to protect the kids. They would rather literally, they would rather have the kids their defenseless, the teachers, the staff, they're defenseless when the monsters show up. Then they would have a good guy or good gale with a gun there to give him a fighting chance.
Speaker 2: It's it's one of.
Speaker 1: The sickest, most bizarre things I've ever seen in my life. But that's the reality on the ground in Colorado. And you think of all those schools out there right now, all those schools out there right now that no, they know they have gaping holes in their security. Those schools that don't have an armed good guy or gale, they know for sure they are defenseless if the monster chooses their school. And guess what, the monsters notice that two. Look at the pattern of the monsters. Look at where the monsters go, and yes, sometimes they'll go to a school with the gun there, but very very often they know where there are no guns, and that's where they go, or that's why they go. Three all three seven three eight two five five. The number takes da N five seven seven three nine. Obviously, we're talking about that today because of the latest school shooting, this at Florida State University and two dead, five injured at this point, so we'll weave that in and out of the show today. But it is it's just so stunning to me that the Left would really leave these schools unprotected and undefended.
Speaker 2: The other piece of it is, well.
Speaker 1: First of all, listen, any state, any society, any organization of any kind that can't protect their children at that point is fatally flawed to begin with, or won't protect their children. But what's remarkable to me here is we've got this sacred trust to protect the kids. Right, and then on top of that, the left at this point, the modern Democratic Party totally beholden to two things. One is abortion on demand and the other is teachers' unions. Screw the kids, it's pleased the teachers' unions. The kids don't have the money, the kids can't vote, the kids don't have the boots on the ground.
Speaker 2: The teachers' union does.
Speaker 1: So the attitude of the Colorado Democratic Party and the modern Democratic Party is screw the kids, We just got to make the teachers unions happy. But what's so remarkable about this, this fierce opposition to doing what actually would protect the kids in schools from these school shooters good guy Gail with guns, is that you've got faculty in staff in harm's way as well, and the top priority should be the children. And the faculty and staff would agree with that too, Right. We've seen such heroic faculty and staff in the face of gunfire before, such as Dave Sanders at Columbine, the janitors at Columbine. There are other examples out there, but yet the Democratic Party in Colorado would leave the faculty and staff totally defenseless as well.
Speaker 2: In so many of these situations.
Speaker 1: So well, eventually, I hope the voters at Colorado can see that and say, no, we don't want those people in charge. Three or three seOne three eight two five five takes d a n five seven seven three nights. So not the plan topic for the show because we were hoping there wouldn't be a school shooting today, but all too often it turns out that way.
Speaker 2: Lots to kick around today.
Speaker 1: Remarkable editorial in the Denver Post, and I guess they're one for two this week, right because they did hammer Michael Bennett just after his announcement, which was well deserved and very much fun for.
Speaker 2: The rest of us.
Speaker 1: They swining missed on this one, though Polue's signature can end Colorado's two tier justice system. This is a house editorial. Now listen, you don't have to live in Denver for this to matter to you. In fact, this applies directly to everybody across the state. But what it's talking about is it's talking about the fact that because statewide that the Colorado Democratic Party police, etc. Has become so overtly pro criminal and anti victim. You have all these state laws now that are just way, way, way too soft. So of course you have the increasing crime that comes with that. So you have some cities and towns that have set no, wait a second, no, we can't have this, we can't have all this crime. I don't care what Jared Polish wants. I don't care what the Colorado Democrats want. We don't want this here. We can't survive filling the blank here. So what do they do? They go out and they get these municipal local ordinances where they have stiffer penalties.
Speaker 2: It maybe for shoplifting, it may be for other things.
Speaker 1: And so what are the criminal loving Colorado Democrat Party folks do? They come in and say, oh, no, you can't have that anymore. They pass a bill that say no, you can't have any penalties stiffer in your town, your city or village. Then we have state wide Well think about how wrong that is on multiple levels, right, But anyway, so they have passed this law. Now, my law partner, John Kellner at our firm, who is DA in Repo, Douglas, Albert, and Lincoln until recently wrote a great piece, a great piece on why Polish should veto this and why this new legislation is so wrong that was published in the gazette. But Police has indicated that he is probably going to veto this bill, as as my partner John wanted him to do. But the Denver Post is having none of that, so they step in with this editorial today.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: Polus's signature can end Colorado's two tier justice system. Colorado lawmakers have passed an end to two tier justices Colorado's two tier justice system. Now Governor Jared Polis just needs to sign House Bill eleven forty seven. The Denver Post reporters highlighted the injustice of allowing municipal courts to carry much harsher sentences for nonviolent petty crimes than state courts. In a series of stories last year, The Posts found that not only were people spending months in jail for minor retail thefts that would have resulted in only a few days sentence in state court, but that indi gender poor defendants weren't guaranteed access to an attorney in unicourt, resulting in longer sentences without any representation. House Bill eleven forty seven would prohibit municipal courts from having harsher minimum sentences than state courts, thus reducing the temptation for law enforcement and prosecutors to funnel cases to municipal courts to get harsher sentences without facing tough legal counsel. So anyway, that's the way that they started these Wait a second, like these police officers and prosecutors would be diabolically tempted to, Oh, let's be evil, let's go file this cad in case in municipal courts so we can wrongfully punish this person over here. No, wait a second, deadver post. These are the people out there putting their lives on the line as law enforcement officers and the prosecutors who are taking their God given skills to a prosecutor's job to serve the public.
Speaker 2: And you make them out to.
Speaker 1: Be plotting this diabolical scheme to wrongly punish people. No, they are trying to protect the community. Jared Polis and the Colorado Democrats are not. It's that simple.
Speaker 2: That's why these communities pass these laws.
Speaker 1: They don't want crime, they don't like crime, they don't worship criminals. They exist for victims. So anyway, and here's where I think that just the starting point the Post gets it backwards. This isn't a two tiered justice system in Colorado when municipalities can punish more severely. No, the problem is Colorado right now has a one tiered justice system, and that is the one that exists in the cities and municipalities, et cetera. The one that should exist at the state level is being undermined and gutted all the time by Jared Polis and the Colorado Democratic Party. So the one tiered justice system we have have is in the cities and towns and villages. The one they want to do away with is the one we have. You can't call what we have at the state level now a justice system, not the way that the people of the state would want it. You have a lot of good, hardworking people in it, but you got the politicians undermining the good hardworking people within that state justice system. So no, we got a one tiered system now. It is in the municipalities, and the Denver Post and the rest of the Colorado Democratic Party want.
Speaker 2: To take that away.
Speaker 1: Three or three seOne three eight two five five text DN five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dankpla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast. See.
Speaker 1: One of the topics we're going to have on the show today is is just the surge in Christianity in Colorado and listen, it may very well be the same in Judaism. It might be and other faiths as well. You know, I happen to be Catholic, and so I see it in the Catholic Church and you can also see it very much on the ground and other Christian denominations and just want to talk about and you can see in the numbers it's happening nationally as well. Just what you think is behind that and how to keep this growth going in the future. So it's just it's a fascinating thing to see. It's a really cool thing to see. There are some theories that it kind of lines up with with Trump getting this second term and Americans just feeling freed, you know, freed from the cancel culture, et cetera. But I can tell you anecdotally, and you shouldn't even say anecdotally because it's all the time, just the numbers at church and you know, depending upon we have a home parish. But we bounce around some just depending upon what's going on that week, maybe where I'm trying a case where where some family stuff's.
Speaker 2: Happening, but it's just all over the place.
Speaker 1: It's not like, okay, we go to these churches and they're jammed and then the other one's crickets. Now it's all over the place, which makes it a little tough if you're looking for parking.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But yesterday I thought, okay, you know, I'll head over hit confession on my way into work.
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 1: And I'm usually at work very very very early, but I got my stuff done and confession starts at eight. I walk in at eight. How many people do you think we're in line for confession at eight in the morning?
Speaker 3: Ran?
Speaker 2: How many people do you think we're in line for confession at eight in the morning. Eleven?
Speaker 1: It was probably close to one hundred, oh wow, And so it was. Then it was over a two hour a way, which, hey, it's great, but it's remarkable. And then you know, in the middle of that, there was a full mass, like the normal nine o'clock mass. I thought I'd be out of there long before the nine o'clock mass, and the nine o'clock Mass was jammed. But and then people say, well it's Holy week, but you know what, let's say bless me father. I've said my last confession was I think three months three months ago, but that wasn't a Holy week then. And the last time I went, there are about one hundred people in line. So I'm just telling you, and this is happening all over the place, and just just as surge in Christianity, and we may hear from our Jewish brothers and sisters, it's the same there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it is a beautiful.
Speaker 1: Remarkable thing to behold, and it ties into something else I want to get to, probably in the next segment. But some polling reported on by Newsweek that that young voters are now solidly Republican. And you talk about sea change kind of stuff, because we talk all the time about, you know, voters of color, and when we start to see the shift happen there, generally that's going to be death for the modern Democratic Party and then the GOP just has to deliver, right, And we're starting to see a shift there, but a dramatic shift among young voters. And why do you think that is? I would love your take. D An five seven, seven, three nine. You will be shocked to hear that. I do have a take of my own on that. One of the goofier things I've ever seen in my life is how you now have all of these prominent national Democrats, and I put prominent in quotes, I should say more precisely, they're well known, who are now their cause? Their cause is this alleged MS thirteen gang member who was deported to El Salvador, which happens to.
Speaker 2: Be where he's from.
Speaker 1: There's a question as to whether a mistake was made procedurally and whether he should not have been deported to El Salvador, and the administration says no, the deportation was proper, etc.
Speaker 2: But there's a question out there on that.
Speaker 1: But what's so fascinating to me is that this has become the cause for so many Democrats. The Maryland man Kilmarrobrego Garcia, the Maryland man got to bring him back. Well, they don't care at all, right about the Maryland woman just absolutely viciously murdered by somebody here illegally, not by this particular person here illegally. But you don't hear these democrats stepping up and talking about.
Speaker 2: The Maryland woman at all. We'll hear from her mother in a bit.
Speaker 1: But listen to Tim Walls now saying, wait a second, if you're not speaking up for the Maryland man.
Speaker 2: Well there'll be no one left.
Speaker 4: I have come to understand what Donald Trump, what pops into his head and he says he's going to carry it out. I once again, he talked about the tariffs, he talked about you know, he's going to deport people, and this whole thing.
Speaker 1: With mister So his first line of attack on Trump is he keeps his promises.
Speaker 2: You're off to a good start.
Speaker 3: Braille Garcia.
Speaker 4: It's that old wisdom and terrifying is if you're not speaking up for this man, there will be no one left.
Speaker 2: To speak up for you. Do they have legalized marijuana in Minnesota?
Speaker 3: Can not sure?
Speaker 1: Oh my lord, one of the stupidest things I've ever said, he's ever said. And I know he's not a stupid man. Why is he saying things like this that if we don't speak up for this guy. Have you seen this guy's history, If we don't speak up for him.
Speaker 2: There'll be nobody left to speak up for you.
Speaker 1: Please keep saying that, Tim, if there was a fund riding we could contribute to and be sure it wouldn't get siphoned off by Walls for other stuff or by the Democratic Party for other stuff. I would contribute to a fund that guaranteed that Tim Walls keeps saying these things.
Speaker 4: There's Chris Krabs that they're going after for simply I know Chris Crabs.
Speaker 2: He's a Republican.
Speaker 4: He was there to provide election security in twenty twenty. He did it, and all he said was it was a fair election.
Speaker 1: They're come, boy, I hope they keep riding this horse, right, and he's not alone. But then let's go over to CNN and they've got some actual polling, which I know Walls doesn't like.
Speaker 2: Very much because it's never very good for him.
Speaker 1: But CNN talks about what the people of America want to port.
Speaker 5: All undocumented immigrants, voters favoring the government trying to deport all eleven million of them. Back in twenty sixteen, just thirty eight percent of voters wanted the government to to try to the port all eleven million undocumented immigrants.
Speaker 3: Compare it to where we are in twenty.
Speaker 5: Twenty five, fifty six percent. The majority the American people have come a long way on this issue, much closer to Donald Trump, and I think that's a big part of the reason why Americans are increasingly saying the country is on the right track when it comes to immigration policy, and why Donald Trump's not approval rating on that issue is in the positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which really bodes quite poorly right for Michael Bennett an Fhelwise, whoever the nominey is, we're assuming it will be Bennett, and Nanny.
Speaker 2: Appears to have it wired. Speaking of which, I've got to get to this.
Speaker 1: Great clapback from Mayor webs supporting Bennett and going after the Denver Post and the post saying the obvious common sense thing, no Pennant should resign his Senate seat to run for governors. So we'll get to that clapback after the next break. But extraordinarily vulnerable is Bennett Wiser as well, but Bennett Moore. So when it comes to protecting those illegally who commit other crimes, well, Wiser's equally vulnerable on that. But they have been so extreme on that, so extreme on that in the past. The challenge for the GOP nominee is going to be finding a way to let the people of Colorado know that, right, because Bennett and Wiser, whoever it is, they're going to be so protected by almost all of the Colorado press that the challenge is going to be how do you get the truth to enough people to be able to defeat them on election day? That's that's going to be the big challenge. Because you've got the truth, you've got that electoral ammal, but how do you get it to the people when you've got almost all of the media determined to make sure they don't learn the truth because they can't handle the truth?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's the idea of this leftist media. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. Is it true Ryan that Letitia James, the New York Attorney General, maybe facing prosecution.
Speaker 2: Herself a man? What would you call that? What would the word for that be? Karma?
Speaker 1: And just tremendous? And how do you define karma? My friend? We should get your definition of karma?
Speaker 2: Just tremendous.
Speaker 1: Text coming in after doctor Catherine Willer, who used to be an abortionist, talked on the show yesterday about the reality of abortion.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 1: Podcast Colorado, you can clearly see it. Anybody who happens to be Christian and you're going to your different services, etc. Certainly within the Catholic Christian community. It is so why do you think that's happening? And what's it going to take for that to continue? Three or three someone three eight two five five of the number text d A N five seven.
Speaker 2: Seven three nine.
Speaker 1: I was telling the story of going to confession yesterday two hour line and God loved the priest for hanging in there.
Speaker 2: It's one thing.
Speaker 1: Ryan, when I was back in the seminary, and that was high school, four high school years, you know, you would think about you think of what would it be like to hear these confessions.
Speaker 2: I wonder what you're going to hear in there.
Speaker 1: And it's not like you do practice confessions or anything, but yeah, what would that be like? That would have to be fascinating. Now I can't even talk to my uncle about it. You know.
Speaker 2: I called him the other night.
Speaker 1: I mean I called him to congratulate him on I think his sixty seventh year as a priest anniversary. And he's still doing three or four messes a week, incredible and call him in his happy anniversary one anniversary. I mean, he'd completely forgotten, you know, because he's so busy being a priest.
Speaker 2: He forgot that was his anniversary.
Speaker 1: But I can never even talk to him about the confession stuff because that's so locked up, that's so sacred. You can't even hint at what's happening there. The closest I've ever come to any good confession stories from him, and it's not like I.
Speaker 2: Push for it is I called him one day.
Speaker 1: I think about, you know, the Bears had lost a tough game or something, and I called him one day because he's back at you. I'll go obviously, and and he's whispery.
Speaker 2: I say, hey, I get you a bad time.
Speaker 1: He said, no, I'm just hearing a confession and I'll get you later.
Speaker 2: He said, no, I just told the guy that that it's God calling.
Speaker 1: So it was not quite Obviously, President Trump, you will said that.
Speaker 2: You aren't worried about allies broke closer to China, so souls from.
Speaker 3: Terras And this week we saw Chinese president and visit three our allies.
Speaker 2: Should you be worried?
Speaker 1: No, no, nobody, nobody can compete with us, nobody name.
Speaker 2: Why didn't we have the phone call an We're going to be a good deal. We'll have I think we have a I think we're going to make a very good deal with Channa.
Speaker 1: I think I think that you will see it will make a very good deal with Shadow.
Speaker 2: And that's going to be fascinating.
Speaker 1: We've seen it over and over again, right like Wiley, Coyote and Roadrunner, and that is the Democrats freak over this right.
Speaker 2: Uh troup.
Speaker 1: He's crushing the economy, disaster, everybody in breadlines. And then Trump's going to pull this off, and then the market's going to soar. Everything's going to be better than it was before, right because we're going to be in a better place after we get whatever deal he's going to get, even if it's not a perfect deal, maybe it will be a big, beautiful deal, but we're going to be better off than we were before. Trump's going to emerge victorious, as he almost always does, and the Democrats are going to be left even worse for it, right because right now they are openly rooting against the success of America, right, and so they're going to end up worse for it. I want to get to this. This is a Mayor Wellington Web for those new to the area. He was mayor of Denver for a long time. And you know, one of my favorite Democrats. I mean, we disagree on virtually everything in my constitutionally protected opinion. His administration came after me and tried to personally destroy me, is the way I look at it. When when I was pursuing on Channel four an investigation of the Web administration at that time in connection with Tia.
Speaker 2: And but Meri.
Speaker 1: Webb's one of my absolute favorite Democrats because you know he he's a big time guy.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I know that I'm going to disagree on the big issues of the day with virtually every big time Democrat.
Speaker 2: But give me a big time guy or.
Speaker 1: Gale instead of these small time operators. And and look at the small time operators we have. We used to have big time Democrats like you know a Wellington Webb, Gary Hart.
Speaker 2: Minus monkey business. You know, a Tim Worth and there are others. But these are these are big Todd Dotty Lamb.
Speaker 1: These are big time people who would just they'd sit down with you, they'd talk to you, they'd look you in the eye. They'd tell you what they believed, why they believed it. They'd listen to what you believe and why you believe it, and you'd have the conversation. We got a bunch of political midgets running around.
Speaker 6: Didn't Wellington web also have a meeting with you where he admitted he was wrong or something about what happened to you was.
Speaker 3: What a cool story?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? He called me up one day and he said, hey, Dan, let's let's meet for lunch. He said, I've just heard about what you think happened here. And he never admitted anything. But what he said was he said, listen, man, if that happened way wrong, okay, and I'm very sorry that happened.
Speaker 2: If that happened.
Speaker 1: He didn't admit anything, but but you know, that's what I'm talking about, man and up or woman and up.
Speaker 2: Just you know. But but we got a bunch of small timers.
Speaker 1: Now you look at Mike Johnson, you look at Michael Bennett, these are small time operators.
Speaker 6: Well the guy you just named, could you imagine Jared Polis add to that list doing what Wellington Webb did right there at one point in time, at one point right yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if.
Speaker 1: Polish changed dramatically right around COVID, But before that we used to agree on virtually everything. But we'd have lots of conversations on air and they were always pleasant and fun. And and then some big switch got thrown with him. So no that that Jared poul Us of Today, No, could not see that. At one point in time, John Hick and Looper, Yes, right, yeah, he came on the show. He used to come on the show all the time. We'd have these great conversations everything else. And then I ran in a charity dinner once and he just said, hey, man, my folks tell me I have nothing to gain by going on the show.
Speaker 3: Well that's honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right right, So Hick and Looper, I don't put in the same small timer bucket that I put a Mike Johnston or Michael Bennett.
Speaker 2: You know, I still disagree with Hick and Looper.
Speaker 1: And all that stuff, but oh, but where are the big timers now?
Speaker 6: Bennett has done a bit by his standards of a media blitz. You know, he was on Colorado's Morning News. Kelly's laughing. He was that's a great show. Well, no it is, but what I'm what I'm getting at is because now he's in a gubernatorial race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you think maybe he might come on with you?
Speaker 2: No, because I hope he does.
Speaker 1: But listen, we were, you know, back when Capitalist and Silverman was like the show, and it was the show for a long time.
Speaker 2: Everybody came on, right, everybody from both sides came on. Jimmy Carter came on. Everybody came on.
Speaker 3: He was the place that.
Speaker 2: Bennett never would.
Speaker 1: And then ever, even then, he met the guy scared of his own shadow. You heard him on CNN when they ask him a simple question, so are you taking money for you're not taking money from billionaires? And you know, you would have thought the guy had a stroke. And then in the and he saw I don't understand your question. I mean, no, the guy scared of his own shadow. And then you heard with Rob Dawson from the News throw Oh yeah, when he and Rob is the most you know, down the middle kind of guy you can get.
Speaker 2: And Rob just asked the dis questions. So here, some people say you're not in colorado't know?
Speaker 1: And Bennett blows a fuse. I'm not talking about He didn't like lose his mind or anything.
Speaker 3: He was agitated.
Speaker 1: He was, he was annoyed, Yeah, you shouldn't get annoyed a question like that, but then annoyed to the point he had brain gass.
Speaker 3: And then he.
Speaker 1: Says, no, look to official in Colorado's but Ben state wide more than I have.
Speaker 2: You know, have you ever seen Michael Bennett anywhere?
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good Bennett impression.
Speaker 1: And I don't do impressions that just naturally happened. That's just and I cannot allow that to happen.
Speaker 6: Here's a big question I have, Dan, and I'm just calling this as like a pundit, a commentator like you and I are, because we're neutral.
Speaker 3: On this truly, Why hasn't Phil.
Speaker 6: Wiser come out and just come out swinging on Bennett holding onto his head, wants.
Speaker 3: The Senate seed that's lame. He wants the Senate seats blame. And what did I tell you the day this happened?
Speaker 1: Now, maybe Wiser stays in the race, but but right now I know dead people who are louder than Phil Wiser. And you just had Michael Bennett, you know, just kick him in the teeth, and so no, I mean, that's what Bennett's doing. And I want to get to what mere Webb trying to defend Bennett on. They said, but that's what Bennett's doing, right, So he's mocking the people of color and saying, oh, no, no, you.
Speaker 2: Don't really need me as a senator.
Speaker 1: I'm going to run for governor and I'm going to hold onto this job and I'm going to appoint my own successor.
Speaker 2: And he's saying that so that he has that.
Speaker 1: Powerful leverage to keep everybody else, including phil Wiser, in line, because if phil Wiser wants that Senate appointment, well, phil Wiser better play ball. And Phil Wiser is in maybe one of the best positions to snare that job because he's the only big announced candidate for the governor on the Den side. If he gets out of the way for Bennett right now, he has to be thinking, ah, that gives me the inside track to get that Senate appointment. So it's just that the most typical Washington DC elitist, silver spoon type of move you could imagine by Bennett, and it's working.
Speaker 2: It's working.
Speaker 1: So when we come back, I'll tell you what Webb had to say, Merrit Webb had to say about that, And then want to get to much more and coming up at five.
Speaker 2: Zero, I hope you can be here.
Speaker 1: Then, really really important bill be in advanced by Democrats. I'm going to praise the heck out of it in the legislature. That would do something I've been demanding four years be done.
Speaker 2: It's on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Harris absolutely should not should not run for president in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Now, let's let me explain what we don't need any explanation.
Speaker 1: The reason I wanted to play that that's chrysalizza from the left is the fact that it's even a topic of conversation. Right There are so many reasons that we should all be so optimistic right now about the future. Colorado a tougher nut to crack, but the door's open. But nationally, oh my goodness, the fact they're even talking about Kamala Harris as a candidate in twenty and that Tim Waltz is out there saying that crazy Tim Waltz stuff right, trying to put himself in position that just tells you everything you need to know. Whereas on the GOP side, it is a.
Speaker 2: Bounty of riches.
Speaker 1: When you talk about all of the talent that's going to be seeking that nomination in twenty eight, it's spectacular. And it's another reason why you know, America suffered so much because Trump didn't get consecutive terms, and the world suffered so much because Trump didn't get consecutive terms. So much of this awfulness would not have happened if he had. But there are going to be some enormous advantages to the split terms, including the fact obviously he's just got his A plus game, but which doesn't mean perfect.
Speaker 2: It's a human condition, right. But at the same time.
Speaker 1: There's so much more opportunity for this GOP talent now to emerge and to keep growing. I mean, you see how much Marco Rubio has grown.
Speaker 2: Jd Ants.
Speaker 1: You've got so many who are going to be competing for that twenty eight nomination, and across the country you've got you've got a lot of great young GOP talents, So very encouraging.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of.
Speaker 1: Colorado, so we've been talking a lot about Michael Bennett, right because one of the things that is Colorado Republicans so hopeful now is it looks like he'll be the dem nominee, and he obviously is not qualified for this governor's job. He's nobody's ever done less with more than he has in the US Senate. So there's a real opening there, and then he botches it right out of the gate with this ultimate elitist power move that he's going to keep his Senate job and then appoint his own successor. Right even the Post had to hammer him for that, which brings us to Meyorweb, one of my favorite Democrats, then blasting the Post for blasting Bennett. So it says, Ray, this is from Mayorweb. Bennett should resign now and has run for governor. I write in response to the Denver Post ridiculous editorial this week calling on Senator Michael Bennett to resign his seat to run for governor. As I recall, the Denver Post did not call on Governor Jared Polis to resign from the House of Representatives when he ran for governor at the beginning of President Donald Trump's first term, nor did the Post call on John Hickenlooper to resign his position as mayor when he first ran for governor in twenty fourteen. The Post conveniently has not called on Attorney General Phil Wiser to resign from his office to run for governor. Either Democrats will go to the polls in June twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Let the people decide.
Speaker 1: I think the mayor has some good points and some weak points. I think the good point is when it comes to Wiser. No, the attorney general's job. The nature of that job is if you're running for governor, you should resign that job because that position really needs somebody in it full time the public safety of the people at Colorado. So fair point, mayor Web. Now what that means is that they both should resign their positions. It doesn't mean Bennett should stay in his. It means both Bennett and Wiser should resign their positions because Bennett's is a Senate seat, and that US Senate seat is extraordinarily important if it's used correctly. Thank goodness, Bennett has been a ghost. Bennett's been a.
Speaker 2: Zero in that seat, and then you've got, obviously Wiser.
Speaker 1: So both of them should be resigning their seats. The idea that somebody should resign a congressional seat much less important in terms of overall impact than a US Senate seat or the AG seat in terms of not calling on Hick and Loper to resign as mayor. I think there was just an acknowledgment that he wasn't doing much anyway.
Speaker 2: You know, he'd go to some charity dinners in this and that.
Speaker 1: But what's really got the Post fired up, right, Ryan, What's really got the Post fired up, and the reason they hammered Bennett the other day, is that Bennett is now in the postview. And I agree Bennett is now using using this ultimate prize of an appointment to a US Senate seat to keep all these other Democrats in line to make them support him instead of Wiser, and even run Wiser out of the race so Wiser can gravel for the seat. That's what really has the Post fired up, because remember Plogoyevitch went to jail overselling the Senate seat. And I'm not saying that Bennett is committing a crime when he holds that Senate seat up is the ultimate prize. You know that everybody needs to chase, so they need to support him and get out of the race themselves.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying there's anything criminal in that, but there should be.
Speaker 6: And this is why the point you just made, Damn the Denver Post is absolutely right, and Wellington Webb his argument falls apart. This is an Apple's and oranges argument. Whether it's a House seat, the mayor's role, the attorney general, none of those three. Unlike if Michael Bennett is victorious in the governor's race, he gets to appoint his successor. In the case of the House seat with Jared Polis, you have to have a special election for the House of Representatives, don't for the Senate.
Speaker 3: That makes it a totally different argument, right, But.
Speaker 1: I would say, Ryan, I do think that age job is so important if it's done right, which which Phil has not been doing. But if it's done right, it's so important that, Yeah, if you're going to run for governor, which is a full time job, right, you need to resign that seat to go and run for governor. I do think the Post is right about that, and you and I obviously aligned on the idea of Wait a second, only one of these gets to appoint.
Speaker 3: The successor, right, right, But that's the level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think what's ticking the Post off, and they should be ticked, is I think the Post wants wiser and so they can just see it. Bennett by doing what he's doing, as wrong as it is on every level, and as much as I think it's going to hurt him with voters, he is, he's probably able to force Wiser out of the race, because you say, I mean, does anybody get mel Cartins anymore? If so, if somebody gets a mel Carton, can you tell me if Phil Wiser's picture is on the side, because I don't think he's been heard from in days now since Bennett.
Speaker 3: Pulled this movie.
Speaker 2: He's probably trying to figure out if he can get that
Speaker 1: Appointment from Bennett to US Senate set if Bennett becomes governor.