Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is the halfway point of the PGT Mixed Game series. Saturday, March first is when we are recording. Event number four has wrapped up, Event number five is underway. We're going to touch on how things have gone so far to date. How are you doing over there, Champ commissioner.
Speaker 2: Don great, fantastic, what a great series. What happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, numbers have been off the chain for us, some would say massive for us.
Speaker 3: Huge numbers.
Speaker 1: First three events of the series were record setting events, and then event number four.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, let's be let's be real.
Speaker 3: The first No, I'm not. I'm not giving you the first.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you the first three five events all records setting, because yeah, the fifth event is brand new record for an event. Technically a record too, depending how you look at it. Listen, as much as you want to be like most people in this industry, I will not let you be like a lot of people in this industry.
Speaker 3: We're going to keep it.
Speaker 1: We're going to keep it one hundred here, all right, That's how we're gonna do so, Yeah, four events in the books. There are how many events are there total? There's seven seven eventals seven events, So we're past the halfway point. With the fourth event in the books. Chino rem leads the way on the series leaderboard. China Rem won the PGT Mixed Games before the second ever PGT Mixed Games. Chino Reim was the winner. He just got to win in event number four. It was wacky, It was wild. It was crazy. At the end, him and josh Aria were literally just flipping. We'll get to that in a bit, but yeah, China Ream is up on top of the leaderboard, a quite sizeable lead for him as we head into the back half of the events. First up the five K Horse, one hundred and thirty entries out of the gate. Nicholas milgram I saw some people calling him Nico. He topped Jerry Wong and heads up play in that event to win the one hundred and fifty nine thousand dollars first place prize. Then we had the five K E Game Tournament. If you thought one hundred and thirty entries for a mixed game event was good, well, guess what one hundred and forty eight The second time around for the A game tournament blew that record out of the water. Adam Friedman wins it. He beat tal Aviv in heads up play. Friedman took home one hundred and seventy thousand dollars. Then set another record in event number three in the ten K Horse ninety five entries in that one. The record was set for this one because it was a record for a ten K. The other records were records for five ks. Ryan Miller wins this one, tops Samuel Sternfield in heads up play two hundred and forty seven K for him, and then ninety two entries in the ten K eight game tournament, Chino Reim came out on top. He ended up chopping it with Josh are So prize money to him as one hundred and ninety five thousand dollars. Him and Josh just chopped it straight even, but they did run a whole bunch of flips for the points and Chino Reim ended up on top to get the win. That puts China Reim on top of the series leaderboard with three hundred and fifty three points.
Speaker 2: So he's I mean, high points did he have when he won the kid?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So that's the thing when well, let me say when dan Zach won, he won the first ever Fiji tam mix teams, he had three hundred and fifty two points. Okay, when China won, he had three eighty eight. When Max Hoffman won the last one, he had three thirty one. So Gina Reim has three fifty three. He's ahead of where dan Zach was, he's ahead of where Max Hoffman was, and he's behind where he was.
Speaker 3: So I mean, is anyone going to catch him? I mean, three hundred fifty three points doesn't sound like a lot, but he could.
Speaker 2: Easily do it well with these numbers, you have to think, well, we have a fifteen K Dealers Choice coming out, we have the twenty five K ten Game Championship, probably gonna be big fields, probably gonna be a lot of points. So one of these guys that are sitting in the top ten, and we got some pretty we got some names that are gonna play every event. You know, you got Benny Glass, you got David Funkasa, you got Nick Schulman, Ryan Miller. All these guys are probably playing the next couple events. So although Chino's lead we think is pretty good, he has to keep keep battling away on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So in e ve number five, which we're not gonna touch on, well, we'll touch another bit today, but event number five is the ten K Morris Mix. What I want to hit on right now is that we know the prize pool. We know there's two hundred and ten thousand dollars per first place, which means that two hundred and ten points are for grabs. So that would mean one hundred and forty three points is what you need right now. So of that, Nicholas Milgram, Adam Friedman, josh A A. Nick Schulman, and Ryan Miller have enough.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Sam Sternfield also has enough. But we know that he left for a couple of days. I come back for Monday. He said, Yeah, he had a prior commitment that he was going to duck out for go hang out with some friends and then come back.
Speaker 3: Might get back from Monday, might not put but we'll see.
Speaker 1: So those players are all in immediate contention if they were to win the Moreys Mix tournaments, and then of course if anyone wins it, that has any point. So we'll just get close to Chino, et cetera. So things are heating up. So I ran through the numbers as the series starts. I mean, what are you're the commissioner you put this on. What are your thoughts record setting fields, players that are here, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: How do you feel?
Speaker 2: I feel great. Obviously, these numbers are just are just fantastic. We knew the numbers were going to be better than a couple of the other series, we didn't weren't really show how much better. The five k's are obviously going to be just bigger fields in general, and we were very impressed by the you know, the one hundred and thirty and the one forty eight engines. We got in those a lot of a lot of new faces, a lot of new names, a lot of rags missing to chat to some of the player is about, you know, where this person was, where this person is? You know some people coming in late. We saw two new arrivals, you know, jump in today. So it's good to see the numbers thriving, even without you know, ten ish players that we could have easily counted on playing all these opening events. So who you got, We're gonna throw some people on the buses that you want me to do I.
Speaker 3: Mean you could throw people under the bus.
Speaker 1: You can say, I mean, you don't have to throw them under the bus that you can just simply say that they're not here. For example, Jeremie osmas is not here because he's a trading cool Jeremie Osmina's won one point eight million dollars today.
Speaker 2: Love the guy well, and he's not walking back in the year.
Speaker 3: But you see, take a different approach tonight.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, So the two biggest names are going to give you Ellie Lezra and Joum Manette. John's only played one event, Ellie's played two. You know, I was obviously missing a few events. I know there is a big cash game going on right now, but not today, right I think that's why you have played today because there was he might not add a seat. It's good you get you got to lose some back. Yeah, that's so that's that's taking some players away. You know, you've got some some I would say mixed games. Stall Wat's like Craig Chait played one event, then he went played the full hundred at the Winds, so really going up and down stakes in that.
Speaker 1: Al Kessler played the first two five K's didn't play after that was complaining in the poker Stack group chat that a Poker State group chat that the structure is to crap shooting. I mean that's what they're thought. Yeah, I mean they're not. First of all, they're they're not that crap shooting. Okay, first of all. Second of all, you shouldn't really care that much when everyone is a super elite player. So if you're not a super elite player, then you should want a faster structure so there's more gamble involved.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, as I mentioned on stream and commentary with Remco and Kevin Gerhart the other day, is that all PGT numbers are continually to go up. Okay, you want to look at Triton, All those numbers are going up. You know, you see a lot of events at smaller price points where they've now transitioned to their structures where it's you make the money at the end of the day, and you know, you speed things up, like everything is kind of everything in general is sped up, I feel like, and the numbers of the field sizes are going up, which tells me that people like it, or in the very least they don't care enough to skip events. Like so when you have tried in two day tournaments in a twenty five k getting three hundred and ninety people and all this sort of stuff. People don't care. So like the fact that he has such a voice and tries to have so much influence on these mixed game structures is just not that's not what people want.
Speaker 3: It's what he wants.
Speaker 1: It's not what the people want because the people show up and play the tournaments and he says, no thanks, I'm gonna go play the four and at the win. Like no, I've actually had a play come up to me today asking to speed the structures up even more. So. I mean, honestly, these last two found tables took quite a long time. Yeah, you know, I mean yesterday was outrageously long. I mean not that it's bad, but I'm just saying it was. It was very long for what we're used to and that's just how I mean, that's how it is.
Speaker 2: Look, every every players can play whatever they want. They have the choice to do and attend any events. We put on a series that is meant to be a little quicker, little trouble. So you know, we're trying to basically make these one and a half day events.
Speaker 1: Now does Alan Caster honestly like the four hundred? What did he play at the wins four hundred? I love the win, I love the structures over there. I would say not, don't change it, but like that's not a crapshoot at the end.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I haven't looked at the structure.
Speaker 3: It's not we're not playing a four horse term but that takes six days. You're just not doing it. I mean, if they all get fast.
Speaker 2: Sure, if he wants to play the ten k horse that takes four days, well, the World Series is three months away, but there are people that are you know, let's let's think about the two Aussies that came here. What if they come here to play like six events over three weeks. Maybe not. You know, this is built to be kind of in and out. You get you kind of fix, you get your action, and you know you can win a quarter million in a day and a half. That's kind of the point behind these. The schedule's not super long, so you can't go superbust though, but we're trying to. We're in that niche of you know, faster structures. You know, our product is obviously getting to the final table so we can stream. It doesn't fit everyone, it obviously appeals to a lot of other players, you know, so it's hard to middle it, you know, if we're trying to be perfect here, but we're doing our best and the numbers show that, you know, people do enjoy this. Now, could we have got a few more players if we made it a three day event, most likely could have also lost a chunkle players, you never know, definitely going to lose some players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's like, that's without question.
Speaker 1: So I think that's probably a wash, if not more negative than positive in terms of the numbers. So yeah, I think these events are great as is. And you know, I think we're always going to look at the data and say, Okay, are things going up or are things going down?
Speaker 3: How can we improve? You know?
Speaker 1: And things are going up, so it would tell me we're doing something right, you know. And you know, as you mentioned, we lost a bunch of players you know that are maybe they're at Triton, maybe they just didn't come, Maybe they're you know, into a playing game, and yeah, maybe they're not rolled to play the ten k's because they didn't have any success in the five ks whatever.
Speaker 3: It may be, you know, but still numbers are very very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I also like the fact that walking through the field out there, you see a lot of new faces, which tells us that, like we're building something with the mixed game series that people want to come and compete at exactly.
Speaker 3: So that's like the most important thing to me.
Speaker 1: I also do want to point out, just speaking of the numbers quickly, I know we talked about the poker gro Cup satellite had one hundred and forty two entries, which was absolutely bananas. The satellite for this had eighty five entries and gave out ten seats to the five K and then eleventh got you know, forty two five. So you know, satellites are booming as well as it relates to the PGT. So things are just pretty great all around, even though you, mister Commissioner, continue to be miss miss Debbie Downer over there on the numbers. Every time I ask you, you say, oh, it's not going to do this, it's not going to do that. You have already said that USPO is just not going to be as good. Yeah, your bluff. It's gonna be freaking bananas, have top set. It's gonna be bananas.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: It's good. It's gonna be huge.
Speaker 1: You're gonna need a bigger studio, that's what you That's what you're gonna You're gonna need a bigger studio like in Jaws. And I say, you're gonna need a bigger boat. Yep, You're gonna need a bigger studio. What else stands out to you so far besides the numbers. I mean, that's the biggest story. There's nothing, nothing more than that.
Speaker 2: To me. It's just the numbers. And were kind of talked about the new faces, the new names. You know, we had a couple of Wazzi's come out here. We got some Europeans. We've got Andy McLeod, James Obbs from Australia. That's that I think is pretty big. He was kind of a last minute, yeah, last minute flew in. You know, we have people rolling in today. We had the great Jason mess here and John Rasa flying and jump in the Mary's mix. We got you know, Phil Stenheimer and I believe I would die. He coming in this weekend to play the back end of the series. So hoping the dealer's choice, you know, we op the buying on that, Let's see how that kind of goes. Let's see how the ten game goes. Can we set some records in the ten game event and be what we've done previously. And then obviously this all leads into the the hundred inaugural one hundred thousand dollars buying super high rollable mix games.
Speaker 1: I'll get to that in a second, because I do want to touch on that hundred K buying super high leable mixed games. But I do want to ask you about Maury's Mix, which is right game which is named after Maury es Candani. Okay, but it wasn't originally going to be named that. It was going to be called the Commissioner's Mix RCT. You thought people might revolt with you with you putting your job title on it, so you decided to name it Mory's Mix.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I talked about on the last.
Speaker 1: Podcast how I think the WSP should do this sort of thing with like the Player of the Year award.
Speaker 3: I think that that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now it is rather a unique mix. Correct, It's six games. They're all all high games one winter games, but they're all one winners.
Speaker 2: One winning games, limit one winning games.
Speaker 1: I mean what, first of all, tell the people what the mix is, and then second of all, tell me, like, how do you think the people the players are receiving the mix.
Speaker 2: So the mix is basically two flop two draw two started. We played limit hold Them, We played Limit Omaha High, We play rasin stud and then we play but Dooogie andduce to seven triple draw. The guys love the mix except for one game, and that one game is Omaha High because no one plays Limit Omaha High anywhere except for the Crown Casino and Showia.
Speaker 3: Now people don't play the Crome Cosine. It's just crone.
Speaker 2: Okay, shout out Natasha. The reason I put this is in was just to balance the mix. You know, the two flop two start two draw. We could have obviously switched to Omaha High for ace to five or something like that, but.
Speaker 3: What are the two flames hold them at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, And you know it felt like it was something different. We wanted a kind of a blood mix, which was you know where obviously there's a lot of pain because it's there's all scoops. In return, we did give players more starting chips to balance the bloodiness of the games, and you know what, a lot of people voice concerns about omahaha not wanting to play on Omaha Hi. We saw people playing it complaining, busting immediately re entering. So they either they've just here to play Mix and they want to play Mix, or you know, it's not that awful, it's you know, we're trying something different. You know, we trying to figure out what works. We tried Triple Start, we've tried Big Bet Mix. Those two kind of got put on the chopping block. This was our next attempt. The players have supported it pretty well. Now I'm not saying that it will be in next year, but when you have seventy entrants, I think that's extremely good for a very you know, unique mix with a game that's not played nearly anywhere like at all. So that's kind of the idea about it. Yes, I named after Maury mainly so people will protesting me and they kind of have to come in and play and honor Maury. And also it's a way to get Maury into the tournaments because he hasn't played all series, but he had some free time today being Saturday. And also the fact that it's named after him, that he was able to jump in, and you know what, he's currently the chip latest, so.
Speaker 1: It's all this could be a pretty pretty wild way to have this event if he can take Maury's mix down. So I was talking with Kevin Garhard on today's stream saying that, you know, we were kind of running over the tournament as it was happening to update people. But it just made me think that, you know, I know we've done obviously the Big Bet Mix, as you mentioned, we've done that, the Stud Mixed Triple Stud, We've done that. Like, I feel like there's a good amount of the events that are like basically locked in. Like I like, I love the schedule how it is now, Like you have the five K horse five K game and then you have ten k's of those, you have a fifteen K dealer choice, you have the twenty five K ten game. But what I'm getting is I like having like one tournament where you kind of change it up every year.
Speaker 3: You switch it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like this Mory's mix. Fine, you know, maybe maybe it's still called Morri's Mix next time, but it's just different mix. Yeah, you know, different idea, you know whatever. It is, like kind of just just mix it up all the time. The main reason behind it was, you know, we're coming off Horse. In the mix world, people were very like, you know, if you've got the Andrew Kelso, the ODB Baker, they'll play everything, but you do have players are very specific to to the Horse eight game formats versus say the Dealer's Choice where there's a lot of draw games but do see Bideci all that stuff. So we wanted an event before we hit the Dealer's Choice in the ten Game Championship that would keep these Horse eight game players around for one more event. And we felt obviously you got hold them, you got raz you got starred, you know, Deuce to seven triple drawers, the one draw game. It definitely is very sync to Horse when you you know, you play these toss or force mixers and you just.
Speaker 2: Add Badugi and you add omaha, Hi, it's all limit. We felt that there would be enough to carry through and we didn't see that much of it, but we saw a little bit, and at this stage I would I would run it back the same, but like I do kind of like your idea of figuring out something unique for each series that is just called Maury's Mix and a couple of players have already suggested some things. So, you know, once we get to the World Series and we'll talk to the players and try and to start, you know, discussing the twenty twenty six BGT makes thename series and what Mori's mix could end up being.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, it's it's hard to go against seventy entries, yeah, for this event, you know, I mean I didn't really know what to expect. I walked in here today, I saw I think thirty four was on the board, and I was like, oh, okay, maybe it's not as good as I thought, but then it obviously gets up to seventy. I like that it's all one winner games. There's no split pots in there. I really like that, you know, the I think the split spot, the split pot games can just drag things on quite a bit. Yeah, and there's not that I would like remove them all entirely, but there's enough of them already in the other different mixes.
Speaker 3: You know that this one I think is pretty unique.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I could think I could see you certainly doing like a triple draw mix, you know, kind of different things with whatever quote unquote Morey's mix is, but I I like it, and again I think the numbers have shown that the players will like it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Of course, maybe they'll have some suggestions, but I think it's a good I think it's a good turnament.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, play is always going to throw some suggestions at the end of the day. I think we all just want the biggest fields as possible, and obviously we should just if that's the answer, we should just do another horse event. But having three horse events and three eight game events in a one ten game it's just a little a little boring, right, It's not really a mixed game series. It's like a three game you know, a three mix series. So one idea that you know, Daniel m'garnold presenter today, was we could just do another eight game event, but eight game dealer's choice, so it's just the eight games to choose from. You know, we could do maybe we find it, we just do a ten game dealer's choice. We could do something like that, so it's like basically horse Horse eight game, eight game dealers choice, dealer's Choice ten game Championship. To me, that would make a bit of sense too. But yeah, this is something will definitely visit I think Daniel talked about it last year. Maybe it was on his old podcast or whatever. I can't remember exactly, but Dealer's choice. But you can only call the game once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like obviously if you then run out, maybe you get you can go back to the beginning. But like you know, if you know, if okay, I'm gonna call Nolan at hold them, then okay, I don't use that. So then then there's that strategy element of like, okay, do I call it now? Do I wait? Maybe I'm not even in later on to have it, so like how do I do that? I think that would be a cool little twist. Not exactly how you'd work that out logistically, but it's just going to make a lot of game plots. Well yeah, but then you have to just like you know, players move and all this sort of stuff. So it would be kind of tricky. I mean, you know what I have thought it would be.
Speaker 2: I have thought about it, and we would probably just reduce the plaques by a couple but you would make it where you know, they say the twenty one games, you have to play like eighteen of them, so there's a you know, so you don't have to choose a part liament holder if you don't want it, but you have to get through your eighteen. When you're down a three, you get it. You get to re up them. So kind of like some you know, the kind of like the way we do time extensions. It's it's an idea. It's an idea where we could do a five K you know, Dealer's Choice under that format, and that would probably fit well if you do, you know, five K horse, five K E game, five K Dealer's Choice, ten K horse, ten K E game, fifteen K Dealer's Choice ten Game Championship. So that's kind of one schedule we could run out in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we still have Morey's Mix to finish out, then we have the Dealer's Choice, and then we have the twenty five K ten Game Championship. I would imagine the Dealer's Choice, which is at a fifteen K price point, and then the twenty five K ten Game Championship. Excuse me, I would imagine those two tournaments draw pretty well, all leading into the first ever one hundred thousand dollars buy in Super high Roller Bowl Mixed Games tournament.
Speaker 3: This one runs March sixth through eighth.
Speaker 1: There will be a satellite on Wednesday, a twelve, seven hundred dollars satellite. If you're on time one in eight, get a seat. I mean, first of all, what's the format there?
Speaker 2: Ten games?
Speaker 1: No, what's the the Superhower will mix this ten games ten game? Yeah, well you're at the forefront of this for the PGT first ever one hundred k by and PLO tournament, now first ever hundred k buy in mixed game tournament. Y.
Speaker 3: I mean that that we're aware of. Right.
Speaker 1: Obviously there's the famed fifty thousand dollars Poker Players Championship of the DIVISIP and that thing is awesome and great big. I mean I was I remember being out there on the floor last year when Philip Sternheimer was like, we need to do this, and we kind of looked at him like.
Speaker 3: He was crash crazy.
Speaker 1: But now I have I see you putting out lists of sixteen confirmed players. Yeah, which I would I would have thought if I would have walked in and we got to sixteen, I'd be like, sixty, great, and now you're sixteen ready to go right now? Yeah, and there might be more players coming. There's obviously the satellites you know, maybe a bunch of players like win some money during the Mixed Game series and then they run it into that like whatever it is. So I mean, well, first of all, why don't you give us the list of the sixteen that are confirmed?
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know, we have a list of forty players with different percentages, and these were the sixteen that were okay having their name out there, and we're pretty much confirmed to be you know, ninety percent plus Brian Rass, Johannis Beka, Matthew Ashton, Philip Sternheimer, Eerie, John Rais's got Siva, Dan Zech Mercia ray D Chad Evs, Albert Dahir, Max Coleman, Benny Glasser, and Tallal. So sixteen confirmed players. Obviously, who knows, if they didn't feel in it, they may not play. But all those guys have been playing all the events and gambling it up. Obviously. We mentioned Jason came into town today along with Raisner and Alberts on his way. We're also been running some online satellites and have three seats in that. So that's three of those guys that we kind of just named. And yeah, the kind of point putting that out is for more people to be like, you know what this is actually going to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not going to be eight players. I'm going to join, you know, so that's kind of you didn't name carry Kats is he? I mean I feel like he could play. I don't know if you have any information that he wants no.
Speaker 2: I mean his percentage was much lower than ninety percent. Who knows.
Speaker 3: Somebody showed you a list of like, was that you percentages? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was that was the list. Yeah, I was who was that? Who? That was from Sternheimer's.
Speaker 3: Funny because like you know, he's giving the people like there this much. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So look, it's a great sign sixteen. You know, when we plan this, I was hoping, you know, let's try and get three tables. I think that's okay, that's a success. You know, first ever one hundred K buying mixed tournament. And you know, if we're starting with sixteen, hey, maybe we're going to re entry or two. Maybe we get a few more people that, you know, let me throw some names out, Keith Lear. You know, we've obviously got a satellite coming up.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know he was going to show up for this because I talked to him after the pol Girl Cup and it sounded like he was going to be back to the PLO series but might not be back for this, And then he showed up a couple of days later.
Speaker 3: But he's there. He certainly might play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Texas Mix here, he's been playing every event. He's he's in for sure, he has to be hofely. Yeah, Kerry, we got Dan Shack, you know how, let's see how these Chino wins the series. Maybe he jumps in, we know, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me hit on those players who have who are doing well in the series right now and have won a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Chino.
Speaker 1: Reeim right, he's currently leading. I would feel like Chino as the Mixed Games champion if he does go on to win, like he has to get it. Yeah, right, and he's already he's he's cashed at the Mixed Game Series for three hundred and ten thousand.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about Ryan Miller?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean possibly, I mean he's he's cash for two hundred and fifty five k.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't think Samuel Sternfield. But Nick Shulman, Nick Shulman should yeah, yeah, right, so he's cashed for one hundred and eighty four thousand dollars instead a pair of third place finishes so far.
Speaker 2: Josh Aria, he told me he's not going to play.
Speaker 3: Okay, but if he keeps winning. He's won two hundred and twenty K so far.
Speaker 1: He was only going to play the first four events. Yeah, exactly. He's juncked in the fifth event. Never not it all changes, was Adam Friedeman.
Speaker 2: Said osme at the end of the series, because it depends how have been running, okay.
Speaker 1: And he's already one hundred because he won an event, so you know he's there. Like, I feel like you can just get the random like guy who like you you think might play, but it's going to take him doing well at the Mixed Game Series. And there's enough of those guys that have you know, there's one, two, three, four or five, six, seven, eight nine. There's ten guys who have cashed for six figures.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I bet there's people right outside Jerry Wong, Alex Livingston, you know, so I bet someone like James Ups has flowing in. You might be like, yeah, we're saying if I feel like if you came here, if you traveled here, okay, and you have played the fifty K PPC two or more times in your life, especially in like the recent five to six years, you are virtually a lock to play the hundred. Okay, so James ops, yes, like what what is he doing here? I meant now, unless there's the other side of the coin, like the people that run hot maybe they parlayed in. But then there's also the people that they brick everything. They put like two or three bulls James, and then they're like, well the hell with this, I'm out of here right.
Speaker 2: One name that interests me that we have no info on Brian Brack Final Table Event four. He busted immediately jumped into event five. He's running up a stack. I have no idea who he is, no idea where he's from. He's got to kill a beard and maybe he just like whatever one hundred k lets.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you watched the stream today, but he did. In the first hour. I think he had six peers he was he.
Speaker 3: Was pummeling men.
Speaker 1: Calls love pounding beers other players that I feel like you have a shot to get them in. Marco Johnson, Now he went home already, Okay. Eric Wasterson, Yeah, he missed a lot of events, but definitely ver Eric Washington is like, the bigger the buying, the more likely he's gonna be unless you want to try it, and I don't think so. He's probably just in the cash games. What about somebody like a David Oppenheim.
Speaker 2: He was here today, but.
Speaker 1: I feel like David Openheim could give two craps in my opinion, this is just is just me talking, could give two craps about anything less than a fifty K bye, you know so now, But Hunter k Byan like that's David Oppenheim's like Wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: We just need the cash games not running. We need, you know, lyle Berman and David Oppenheim and all those guys to just you know what, let's go play one hundred K. That's what we need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean John Hennigan is also someone that I feel like is not one percent, but maybe sixty percent depending on how he does during mixed games. Yeah right, And he he hasn't done much yet, but we know he's obviously very very good and he can do a lot. So you know, I think there's a pretty good shot overall about or with that tournament. What about someone like Robert MS Rocky I don't know. He Mike Growdinski is he was he on the list.
Speaker 2: Goro was like somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 1: Also, if you've never missed the fifty k PBC, I feel like you're.
Speaker 2: It's missed that. Remember he left earlier that year.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but like after winning and he also have his box stolen at Polagio, you know, I mean hekip Okay, has Robert miss Rocky missed the fifty k like recently.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's.
Speaker 2: Always not but he did skip the loss to events, So I don't know, Okay, Yeah, it's just hard to predict. It's it's just like when we were trying to predict the hundred KPLO we had, you know, we weren't really showing them. We had people turn up out of no way, and we had that's what we may get maybe.
Speaker 3: Ok yeah, Jared blesnik jj okay, but like.
Speaker 2: Maybe he comes back in time. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I want to say.
Speaker 1: He was like talking like you could do this and this, like if you do it a certain way, you could like go to jju play X come back play this, Like I feel like that's a possibility.
Speaker 3: I don't know of.
Speaker 2: All the people in JJ. He may be the only one that does something crazy like flybacks for this and then flies back to JJ.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean I don't. I mean, Jeremie Alice is not coming back. He's staying there.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: The only other people there that I think you're missing out on, and these are even long shots, are Antonius and Ivy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Antonius will ever play. Ivy would maybe if he was here.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, but that's like, that's just I'm just saying that's like the only group of people, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, does someone like does Jungleman show up for the Hunter K.
Speaker 2: I mean I just read a tweet from Jungleman. He's out there trying to change the poker world with getting reduced.
Speaker 1: Rake in all these casinos, But he can start here. Maybe he can start here. Yeah, from five hundred dollars Rake, I mean, come on, a hundred kicks exactly. But he's someone who I have no idea he can wake up the morning of and like come in. I mean, I have no idea about that guy, you know. So yeah, I think I think it's gonna be interesting to see who we get.
Speaker 3: I set the line at twenty point five.
Speaker 2: After saying sixteen, I have to take off this, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you also know these things are like it could be that you could get sixteen, you could get one extra guy, you get one satellite winner and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think the key is the satellite. We need the non lock locks to get in, like we need Gino to win the satellite, or we need like if if he makes.
Speaker 3: Another final table, he's in.
Speaker 2: We have to get in easy with to just keep talking to him and like, hey, you're the two time Mixed Games champion, buddy. If you don't play this, what's wrong with you getting getting We're gonna get in his head like that.
Speaker 1: That's how you need him to just make another final table, Showman to make another final and Ryan Miller to make another finals table, and you'll get those three.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, Ryan Miller, I don't know that's it, not really sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but right listen, I think he's gotten to the point now where he's good enough.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's obviously good enough.
Speaker 1: He's been good enough, but I'm saying good enough in tournaments because he's always been a cash game guy. Yeah, but he's like kind of started to learn tournaments a little bit more and obviously get better and obviously he won the two bracelets recently, but you know, just getting better at the tournament setting, and then as people recognize that you're better in the tournament setting, you can obviously sell more action if that's what you want to do to lower your variants. So that sort of stuff, right, So, Yeah, I mean I'm looking forward to it. I think it's going to be great. Maybe the person who you know rips off the twenty five cases, Okay, let's go. I'm gonna take my three or four hunder k or whatever it is. I'm just gonna harley it into this. Like that's another thing that could possibly happen for sure. So I think it's a pretty good sign overall for the Super high Roller. All mixed and yeah, scene sixteen seems great. I still wish we were getting more in there.
Speaker 2: If he wins More's mix, maybe we can convince him to jump in. Yeah maybe.
Speaker 1: All right, what else do you got for me? I know you have a giveaway code, the new code.
Speaker 2: Yeah, new this week. We're going to change the code probably on Sunday when our producer Extraordinary edits this podcast. When it tells me it's live the new word Do you remember last week's word wise number two? S's correct now if you just listen to the podcast for the first time, that's still an option in one of the codes. The new code, though it's pretty obviously it's going to be it's going to be Chino. That's gonna be the code five. Letders c h I N put that in. You're going to get believe it's ten extra raffle tickets because we are trying to put one of our loyal listeners into the PGT Million Dollar Championship, and the only way to do it is to enter our promotion, you know, PGT dot com slash gleam pod. All the information's there at the link if you haven't already done it. But every pretty much every week, we're going to change some of the things for you guys to earn more points, so you know, keep checking in, keep clicking, refreshed, and hopefully one of you loyal listeners will win that seat.
Speaker 1: Lovely, Yeah, get in there for sure, all right, just quickly, I mean I probably should have done this earlier when I was talking about it, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Do it right now.
Speaker 1: Just quickly running down the PGT Mixed Games Series leaderboard right now through four events, Chino r him up on top three hundred and fifty three points, all by Ryan Miller two fifty four, Samuel Sternfield two thirteen, Nick Shulman one four, and josh Ari eight one seventy eight. That's the top five. And then also I should bring up as it relates to Nick Shulman, he's done well enough so far at this series to climb into the top five of the overall.
Speaker 3: PGT leader board.
Speaker 1: He has moved ahead of Michael Manchek aka Texas Mike, who was in fifth place. Shulman now is five hundred and twenty eight points. It's still Joy Wiseman up on top there, Kristen Fox and second air player third. They're not playing mixed games. They don't play mixed games. But Patrick Leonard who's in fourth, he's been out here all the time playing. Nick Shulman is out here playing everything as I already got two third place finishes. So yeah, people are moving on up the leaderboard and knocking some people down the leaderboard. So that's all good to see. I got nothing else for you. Good good, So we can get out of here well you can.
Speaker 2: Get out of here. I'm gonna go back to some line reporting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I might hang around for a little bit and then head on home. But as it relates to the podcast, we are done. Thank you as always to our producer, as Tim mentioned, Rich Ryan for making us sound good, making the episode sound good, and that's going to do it for us. His name is Tim Duckworth, my name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys. St soya, ras night.
Speaker 3: The Jenny expressed