Speaker 1: Jordan them could coach because you're thinking player in the world, there's nobody that has his ability. Like you're gonna say, You're gonna say, how can you not do this? I did it all the time. Now, well it's different. We're uh. I was just watching a video and I ray, you might know this. There's a it was like Kwame Brown, but it wasn't Kwame Brown with somebody that was like, I can I should play, I should be playing more. I can beat anybody. I could beat Michael Jordan one on one. And he heard it, and and Michael Jordan's showed up to the gym like two days later and they played one on one and Jordan's like he was like eleven to one. Yeah. So to your point, as a coach, like, there's just there's no there's no comparable player to you or skill level. And there have been those players who are good players, great players, who have been able to coach, but they have that special how many how many Hall of Fame coaches are Hall of Fame players? Yeah, I don't have to go in any sport. I mean, I think Bird was a pretty good coach with Indiana when he first got there, but he didn't. But you're not not a Hall of Fame coach by any means, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, No, I don't think he's all of fame coach.
Speaker 1: I mean I say Tomas was somewhat of a dumpster fire. Yeah no, and he was kind of like a wishy watched the type of person too. I mean, you know, you know Paul Westfall the Son's Yeah, pretty good coach. It didn't last long. But like we were talking before, you have like a ten game swing and you're done. Malone, who just was Player of the Year Coach of the year two years ago, he's gone. You see what he's getting paid though. Okay, here's my question, Like these coaches that just get fired, right, just that just got fired, right, they still have to pay out their remaining contract. Yeah, so I think it was Malone is still owed, Like is he fifty one million dollars? Well to your point, I think, did you say with the Phoenix Suns guys seventy five million?
Speaker 2: That was such an exaggeration?
Speaker 1: Was it was forty nine million dollars for the Sons because it was pasted it was his past contract and this contract from a line from Malone. Yeah, Oh so you were you were being a little exaggerate. But but they had three coaches, Williams, Vogel and now this guy. Yeah, in three or four years. Yeah, and then they're still all paying. You're paying more for those coaches than you are for players that you're currently on your roster, Like, don't you how much money there is? And at the next level? Sure, maybe, I don't know. Is that a good way to spend money? I don't know. I'd like for me, we talked about this from an NBA standpoint, It doesn't make sense to me because you can't build a culture and what is the culture? Is it driven by a coach?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Is there really is there really coach in the NBA outside of I mean I can think about maybe Golden State, maybe San Antonio, and maybe I'm wrong on a couple other ones, maybe Boston. But I think that's more front office that you're They're led by that front office. Right, Yeah. I like the way okay, okay, see plays. I like the way look Houston Miami, Yeah, Houston, Miami. Houston Miami is a good one too. Yeah in Houston. The guy who played the Boston right, he just had some personal issues that you could but all of a sudden, he's got Houston. Yeah, but he's a great coach. You could tell that just that doesn't happen by accidental. You just don't stumble into a good situation. But then you look at the other side of it, like and then people are you're getting fired mid season. I just that's to me, that's just too much turnover.
Speaker 2: Right or even like right before the playoffs.
Speaker 1: But here's my question. Okay, so let's say you guys are seconds. Both you guys are headquartered or head coaches. Right, you get next five years, you're guaranteed forty nine million dollars. Are you looking for another job? Are you like that's it, I'm done, Like I'm retiring, dude, I'm done. I'm done. Right, get me on TV and I'll be I'll figure something out. Yeah. I don't even want to be on TV. I want I told Josh Josh past who's pretty good at being on TV. Very why would you deal with other crap? I think it's just it's a routine, right, You're so used to call the ego, and it's it's what you do, So we gotta go. You ruin it, You ruined it.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by Wendy's five dollars biggie bag, Fox Sports.
Speaker 5: Quick Look at our Service streates a crash on Sunrise West to Swan. Also won with entries on Speedway and Columbus Speedway, the intersection of Speedway and Alvadon that is being worked on right now, traffic signal on the blink being repaired, hit run accident, PALAVERTI at the bench in a highway, and a crash on silver Belt and wade off right.
Speaker 3: I leave pal checking the roads.
Speaker 4: You know what's better than a limited time deal and unlimited time deal like the Wendy's five dollars bigie bad with the JBC four piece nugs, fries and a small soft drink because the best time for freshed never frozen beef and apple wood smoke bacon all the time.
Speaker 1: Duh.
Speaker 4: For the best deal gotta be Wendy's. US price and participation mayvary.
Speaker 6: Hi, it's Garrett Lewis with those hot temperatures here. I am so glad I went with Galaxy concrete coatings to transform my nasty, dirty, dingy concrete garage floor into something that now looks finished.
Speaker 1: And you know what, it just looks cool.
Speaker 6: Galaxy Concrete Coatings took it to the next level and I went with Galaxy Concrete Coatings because they don't use a POxy. They use poly It is four times stronger than a POxy. I'm sure you've seen people's garage floors where they use a POxy and you have little holes because their tires get so hot it pulls it right up. With Galaxy Concrete Coatings and their polyurhea, that stuff is never coming up. And Galaxy Concrete Codees can transform any concrete floor, indoors or outdoors into is something that is gorgeous and finished. They transformed our back patio. It looks finished and if there's a spill, it's an easy cleanup. They could even do man caves. They could do around your pool as well. The job's done and usually a day lifetime product warranty mention me Garrett Lewis say five hundred bucks get a free estimate. Go to Galaxyconcrete Coatings dot com.
Speaker 7: This is the Parker with Sun's Weather center for all your acy, plumbing and electric.
Speaker 1: Needs called Parker. This report is sponsored by Staples Stores.
Speaker 7: This is your storm tracker for weathercast from News for Tuson on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 8: This is Storm Tracker for Chief Meteorologist Matt Broad Looks like your Wednesday forecast highs right around ninety again and then clear skies, chili tonight, mid fifties, rinch lather.
Speaker 1: Repeat for your Thursday.
Speaker 8: Few more clouds, daytime highs once again and it's the upper eighties to right around nine. I'm Storm Tracker Ford, Chief Mediurologist, map road on News for tuson your local.
Speaker 4: Staples has hot deals and super low prices throughout the store on everything for your business and right now at Staples.
Speaker 1: Save up the two hundred and fifty dollars off your print order. Exclusions apply.
Speaker 4: Visit Staples dot com slash print, pretty Dales ends Dude fourteen plus save even more with the easy Rewards program at Staples.
Speaker 9: From the studio who brought you the number one podcast, The Piked to Massacre, This is Murder one on one.
Speaker 10: A group of high school students started a project to research a string of unsolved murders because.
Speaker 1: Murders happened in the mid nineteen eighties.
Speaker 3: He's out there doing stuff.
Speaker 1: He just didn't stop. What if this guy's still alive?
Speaker 2: Like, what if he comes after us.
Speaker 9: For three decades, the mystery remained unsolved.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just a class assignment.
Speaker 2: It was real life. These women really deserved justice. They were just living their lives, and they had their whole lives ahead of them.
Speaker 1: There's a pretty good chance he's still live.
Speaker 11: Are Once you start getting a few tips or a few leads in the code, case isn't so cold anymore.
Speaker 9: What seemed like an ordinary high school class turned out to be anything but.
Speaker 12: Listen on America's number one podcast network, iHeart.
Speaker 1: Open your free iHeart app and listen now.
Speaker 13: It's easy to tell if you've had way too many to drive, But what if you've had just one too many to drive? Never underestimate just a few buzz driving is drunk driving. A public service announcement brought to you by the US Department of Transportation, the AD Council.
Speaker 2: In this station.
Speaker 7: KTCR TUSA number one on your car radio preset, and the new and improved iHeartRadio App. This is Tucson Sports Station at Fox Sports fourteen fifty eight breaking down all the xs and os. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to I'm the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera in today with me is Blake Eager from are you gonna say it?
Speaker 3: No? Come on?
Speaker 1: So on Arizona Sports. I'm in film authority that place. Uh, and we got Ray I'm gonna ask you a question about that, and Ray was gonna give us breaking news.
Speaker 7: This is high on the ball breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: All right, So usually try to start out with local stuff, but this came out maybe like twenty minutes ago. Uh, Jason Tatum not playing tonight over a game too for diagnosed with Oh he's risk, he has a risk. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, but yeah he just I don't know, I thought that was a big deal in case anybody's been on that game, might might swing it a little bit.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about gambling here. I'd never get I've like, I've never gambled on sports really, I mean maybe the schools, let's no, but I just I mean, do you guys gamble?
Speaker 2: I used to more?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yea, just like your Draft Kings guy. Like I think that's what's too. It's like fake money for me, Like if I got on my phone, I'd be like, oh, yeah, there goes my mortgage. Totally. No, no, that that's very noble. If you I I say this in the show, I've never done a drug, So no you haven't. That's very noble of you. Just you need to have me on on something stupid. I'd be more stupid. Yeah, we'll see what happens in the parking lot after the shows. What do you mean sorry, better people have tried tried? Yeah, are you gonna say, oh my god, at least one time of show? We got to check. Also, I need to say this, and I'm just gonna say this, and I apologize if I offend anybody. So I'm driving here today and I decided to take six down to Campbell instead of taking Broadway. Okay, driving, by the u of A. Is it appropriate for women to be walking around and literally thong bikinis. I know you think hot chicks, but like, honestly driving, is that? Like I don't want to sound like an old man, Like I sound like an old Welcome to the show. Yeah, but it's a I don't know, it's maybe it's a weird one. You got to finish the rest of break your news and I apologize.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Arizona women's golf uh is going to play in the NC Double a Lubbook Regional after winning the Big twelve. Okay, so yeah, looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: We had her on Monday, Monday. She's great. Oh you did the coach. Yes, she's fantastic, phenomenal, done great job with the purple first year. She's like twenty nine years old. Yeah, my jealousy kicks in so bad, like nine. Yeah. Sorry.
Speaker 2: The tennis team is gonna they're gonna be announced about what we're regional. They're going to play on Sunday, uh.
Speaker 1: Two thirty, both both men's and women's.
Speaker 2: I believe just the men's. This men's playing right.
Speaker 1: Now, we'll see. Well they're they're just finished straight to the Big twelve. Yeah, so I'm not sure about the women.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, the softball team won the doubleheader. We had Chrissy on.
Speaker 1: Right talking about the kidney of the transplant of the situation.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, and you know they they won the first game three to zero and then uh five inning ruled them thirteen to zero. New Mexico against New Mexico State. The baseball team is looking to keep their hot streak going after beating BYU over the weekend against UT Arlington. So that was your alma mater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't say that much pretty often.
Speaker 14: Did you know UT or Lincoln? No, No, mex School State. Oh yeah, what did you say? You said that last You said that last New Mexico State. This is so confusing. You went to New Mexico State last year.
Speaker 1: You didn't know. We talked about that. In fact, you gave me an idea of to tell you later.
Speaker 2: Okay, drafts coming up starts tomorrow first round. A few people wondering where Tedoro McMillan's gonna land. Tard Archer has him going to twelve, but Peter Schrager had him going to nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think there's like a from six to twenty ish. Yeah, it's a it's a pretty wide range. He might be the first wide receiver, he might be the second wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the question is can he be a number one at the NFL level?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean if he's not a number one, yeah, there there must be some fantastic wide receivers out there. How do you come that guy? Who's he's that guy? I mean, I don't know much all the characteristics, body metrics make up. Yes, yes, yes, who's the highest uh, who's the highest wide receiver out of you of a ever drafted?
Speaker 3: Honey?
Speaker 1: It was it, honey cut not? Uh? No, am I thinking about? I don't know. Oh, there's been a few recently, recently, you know, but yeah, but not not not that's hard hard for me to say. I even covered not a lot in the last forty years. And I could be wrong. There's a few. There's been a few. I don't feel like. J No, No, he's not he's not. Yeah, Okay, just.
Speaker 2: Will forget anyway, keep going, keep it going, right you Wade was one? Conrad Martinez? Yeah, where is he committed to High Point? Ok?
Speaker 1: That band will start? He's such a I mean, yeah, he's a guy you want running point. And here's the sad part. You saw him play in the last game and played pretty well. It's that was on Tommy not playing him more during the season. Not that that would have prevented him from leaving, because I think he's probably better off where he's at now. Yeah, I mean I don't disagree with you. I think he's a guy that's probably five minutes to seven minutes. But you did see it, and this is no fault of Tommy. You did see it when you started playing. I think when we played UCF and he got bodied a couple of times, it was a different player. For well, you come on, you, I'm sure you when you pitched, you had better success against certain teams. Oh yeah, and not certain teams. Yeah, but you don't know until you know. You don't know until you know. Yeah, I got that tattoo on my luerback. Go ahead, right, you tramp you Blake stamp, Blake stamp. Oh that's horrible.
Speaker 2: Round two, or Game two's of the NBA Playoffs started yesterday. The first one was the Pacers beating the Bucks one twenty three to one fifteen and now lead the series to zero.
Speaker 1: Are the Bucks done? Do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You think? I don't think they're going back. I mean they could, but I mean sports, right, you never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean it's an honest question. I mean, if you think they're done, they're done, I just yeah, I would, I would say so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Grizzlies got crushed. Yeah, they're done once again, they're super done. If the Bucks are like maybe done, yeah, grizzly, super done. Lakers tied it up with the Timberwolves one to one. Oh yeah, And I don't know, I feel like you kind of figured because Lebron has the history of, you know, starting series out so terrible the amount, right, yeah, and bouncing back although I would say, you know, it doesn't they didn't look great, but yeah, right, because a lot of people are picking them for the championship. But that continues on tonight. The Celtics are going to play the Magic. Like I said, Tatum isn't going to be playing. It doesn't look like it.
Speaker 1: Shifted, no matter, no matter, all matter.
Speaker 2: And the second game is going to be the Cavaliers against the Heat. Yeah on NBA TV. Good luck finding it if you don't have the channel. And then the kind of big game and more intriguing game i'd say is the Warriors versus the Rockets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm a Warriors guy. Yeah, Houston's going to beat them tonight. Yeah, I think so too, Yeah, because they have to win this game.
Speaker 2: This was an interesting one that I saw when we were when I was looking up some stories for today. So Nico his obviously his his transfer to u C. L A was very well reported or followed very well, followed by everyone. His brother also transferred to u C l A on Monday from Arkansas, and Arkansas wants two hundred k from after because he transferred pretty much kind of did he sign a contract that he didn't live up to?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about the U C one? I don't want his brother to his brother too. So they got agreements through the not for the school, through the through the commission, what do you call it, the that thing, and they didn't complete it, That's what I was asking. So they didn't complete it, and now they got paid. They got paid. Yeah, now they got X amount of money. I thought you had to complete and then postplay or post pay after. I don't know, but they're they're going to assume now to get whatever remainder of the balance that they didn't use or didn't didn't fulfill. Yeah, well, I think you're going to see that a lot. There's so many things you're gonna see when all these transfers eventually find the spot or don't find the spot, because there's so many things going on, the number of people who won't get picked up by other schools, and then guess what you're in limbo. Maybe you've made a bad decision, but that was the decision you made, right, Yeah, if you go, I'm gonna leave, Okay, I'm leaving the school in the transfer and here I am we don't want you. Here I am nobody wants you. Then what transfer? A new coach comes in. Like there's so many different factors and.
Speaker 2: It kind of goes into like I feel like what you've brought up a lot is like with contracts, like you want to be able to have that buyout where it's you know, kind of clean.
Speaker 1: Eventually all that's going to come to that like an employee. But how long does how long is it going to take?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 1: I know they're waiting on a couple of decisions, especially at the house level. But like that should it's not that hard. It's not like you're you're not reinventing the wheel, like you're going, we're a professional sport. How does professional sports pay players? Why don't we follow this model?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 16: It's not that it's not rocket science. I wouldn't think, yeah, I mean it, I don't know. It just seems like Nancy double A is the one holding it up. But this is just a crazy time, just a crazy time.
Speaker 2: Glad we're living through it. Jimmer for Dead is retiring from basketball.
Speaker 1: He was where was he playing?
Speaker 2: I thought he was playing, but he was in He was in the three on three basketball at the Olympics last.
Speaker 1: It's not a bag. I'm going to retire from something marbles, I mean what, it's not going to be poker. We all know that, or trying to figure out both full house. That's part of the problem. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Saint John's was or it's said that they were the number one recruiting team and transfer portal specifically, they got the number one class and they also had a commitment earlier today from Dylan Mitchell from Cincinnati, So that's you know, I got some I got some stuff going for him.
Speaker 1: Since the Cincinnati kind of got gutted. Right, A lot of those guys were in the transfer Yeah. Right, they're two best Baylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of Taylor had completely sort Yeah.
Speaker 1: But Baylor's class coming in is not bad, right, it's top twenty five, top thirty five, So I don't know how many they've gotten. I don't think so. Oh, I thought they had a decent class. Come No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I could check two for yeah, yeah, we can check it out. NHL playoffs also happening. What yeah, we got a couple. Game two's tonight the Canadians are playing against the Washington Capitals. Uh a Vegkan hit a overtime thriller, goal less game.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about how wild a Vagican is if you were watching any of his interviews, that guy is so himself, like it's really missing five teeth, draaking beers, shooting, shooting pucks in his backyard and like just wild stuff. Like that guy should have his own TV show. It looks like maybe he does.
Speaker 2: Maybe not like hockey culture across the board, but looks like it's a little bit part of hockey culture where.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many here's a question, how many NHL players have a full set of teeth?
Speaker 2: Probably not a lot, not a lot. If I had to guess.
Speaker 1: Who's a who's a tougher athlete, hockey player, a bull rider, I'd say bull riner.
Speaker 2: I want to say hockey just because you know they get some time. Yeah, you know what I mean, dude, it's a tough way to make a living, bull writing or hockey.
Speaker 1: Either way, that's the last thing I would do. Bull writing out of all the sports, bull writing would be the last one. Yeah, yeah, well yeah, without question? What else? Hockey? Put me in all those pads and give me a mask? Your benefiting? The hell? No falling down? Okay, what's it? Very last sport you'd ever play?
Speaker 2: The last sport?
Speaker 1: What's the last way? He said? Bull riding?
Speaker 2: Man, it might be up there, motocross maybe motocross.
Speaker 1: I would kill myself in a harpy. I'm terrible on two wheels.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think younger Blake would have enjoyed bull writing. Yeah, I enjoy pain, probably a little bit more than no. But if there was a snake charm, snake catching sport, that'd be below bull writing. I would Mine would be a syncer nice swimming because I can't swim, I would that would it would be just floating on the top of the water anyway, Sorry, can you have to see you at a speedo at u of A. It's weird you asked to do that after the show about the ship.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're getting a call, but we got to go to break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we gotta. Uh, let's let's take the call just to see Hello, you're on the air and I of the mall.
Speaker 2: Who's this.
Speaker 1: Brandon, You're you're a coach, right, You're four minutes early? What's up with that? You're trying to beat your time?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, I just you know what I do, Man, I make sure I'm right.
Speaker 1: Okay, So give us a second. We're gonna go to break. We haven't gotten a break yet. Give us a call in four minutes. Okay, thanks, Let's take the break down. We'll get back to the other stuff here and maybe talk more about what else is going on.
Speaker 7: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars in bonus bots just after this nationwide keyword on our website bills Bills. That's bills entering now, Fox Sports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 15: Ready to discover your soul, your wildside, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games to award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 1: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 15: Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 2: Are you ready enterprise so Fasco Yuki Try.
Speaker 18: The window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Frowsy aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for money to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the window deepot dot com. The window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 1: Steve Rivera here to talk about Deroti Rocky Materials. He needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorontle Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Kim, We'll call at five two zero four zero zero for.
Speaker 17: Two three three. Spring is in the air. And the school year is coming to a close. Time to order your academic and spring sports awards for your student athlete.
Speaker 1: Creative Awards with fifty two years as.
Speaker 17: Your top awards and promotional product supplier. Give them an award they can be proud of. They have trophies, plaques, acrylics, art class fine crystal, metal, name badges, stock and custom awards. Come visit the Creative Awards Idea center at two twenty eight West TrackMan Street, across the street from PEMA College Downtown campus, or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 19: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone and deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven, arizon A KO nine two nine four two Equal Housing opportunity, got to commitment to Lindrix syon credit rates and available loan programs or subject to change with nut notice.
Speaker 20: Did you know collecting sports cards is one of the fastest.
Speaker 1: Growing hobbies around.
Speaker 20: Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination.
Speaker 1: As one of the.
Speaker 20: Leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best.
Speaker 1: In sports cards and trading card games.
Speaker 20: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on e Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere truy Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 17: Richard but All Law office defending Arizonans for over thirty years and a Wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard McCall five two oh seven to four to Zho twelve thirteen.
Speaker 1: Broud sponsor of Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 21: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. Ess can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents serving Tucson and southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Why is mining so important.
Speaker 22: It's the foundation of everything that defines a society.
Speaker 2: Everything you see is a product.
Speaker 22: Of mine, no matter when, no matter how, no matter why. Every society on the plan has developed, thrown, and modernized based solely on the minerals a process that's whydline.
Speaker 1: Name is so important dybm dot com.
Speaker 18: If you're feeling overwhelmed by the thought of a home remodel, don't stress.
Speaker 9: The Window Depot is here to help.
Speaker 18: At the Window Depot, we're your one stop warehouse for everything you need for your next remodel. Windows, check doors, got it, cabinets, countertops, and everything in between. You'll find it all here at the lowest prices. Whether it's a kitchen, bathroom, or whole home makeover. Our experienced designers are ready to bring your dream home to life, all at unbeatable prices. Find a location near you. Our shop online at the window Deepot dot Com. The Window Depot more than a Windows store.
Speaker 7: Streamy Live on the iHeartRadio WIF. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to Eye on the Bog Here on Fox Sports Fortune fifty. I'm Steve Rivera in with me to day Blake. You're from Southern Arizona sports tourism film authorities. It's tough for you to know. I just won ten bucks. I'm sorry, hold on, hold on. We on the phone. We got Brandon Sanders from the u A. Brandon, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing fantastic, man. How's it going.
Speaker 1: We're doing fun. I have so many questions for you, man. Why in the world are you gonna run a marathon?
Speaker 11: Teddi Brukie said, I was crazy when I told I want to ask him a little bit over a year ago. You know, it was I was already kind of doing a little bit of running, but then.
Speaker 3: I knew he were he. Teddy has has.
Speaker 11: His calls, you know, for strokes survivors and stroke awareness, and we had just we had just lost a couple of wildcats. You know, Heath Bray passed away last year and that was a heart related issue. And then I looked over the last you know, two to five years, and I've had a number of teammates and whether it be an Arizona or or high school that had passed from strokes and and and heart related issues. And and I was like, man, this is the way I could give back, and and uh, and then I started this journey man to Boston.
Speaker 1: So did you were you there to raise help raise money? And I'm sure you were a heck of an athlete here, You're a heck of an athlete in the NFL. Is this maybe some of the best shape you've been in?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 11: This is grueling, grueling, you know because I did because I was I when when roughly around this time, Teddy just told me, if I'm really serious, just start running. So from now until from from then until I say November, I would just kind of run my own pace. And then I put together, along with his team, we put together my my game plan and I went on a twenty four week training of you know, four days a week, one day lifting and and you know, long run pace, run and training runs and yeah it was it was a monster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What was it like coming from the you know, obviously playing football, uh, having the professional background, having collegiate athlete background, going into the proper ration of a marathon. Like how much of a mental f is that? And how much of a different landscape is it when you that you're used to very.
Speaker 11: Different because you know, when you're you're when you're when you're when you're on a team, you know, you got everybody else to motivate you. There's a lot of times I know people saw me around whether it campus or on the on the on the loop or anywhere else to read park, they saw me, you know running, I'm my own motivation and uh, and so then you have to pick up what the cause is? You know, typically when you're playing, you're playing football for your family and in yourself. And and I was a competitor, so I wanted to compete and now you're just competing with yourself. And now it's what what is your cause? You know, when when when times are tough, when you don't want to get up and run this fifteen sixteen seventeen miles along with you know, knowing that you got another six miles and two days and another six miles and two days after that.
Speaker 3: That's that's the toughest. So it was it was very mentally challenging.
Speaker 11: And then once I got in the Boston Marathon running, I think I was running around running very smoothly, and then and then you know, and then you started hitting those heels and then your body kind of somewhat locks up. So that was a whole nother mental challenge that I had to get through.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that in a second. So how long how long has it been since you first started? You probably remember the day exactly.
Speaker 11: Oh gosh, when I started, when I started the official training, Yes, yeah, that would have been.
Speaker 3: What is that I'm looking? I'm looking. I'm looking three March. Is that right? That doesn't look right? Oh god, I'm not I'm looking. Oh i'm looking at I'm looking at the wrong thing. Sorry, I have it all. I have it all looking on my.
Speaker 1: Was it a year more than a year? It had to be more than a year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this time last year I just started running. So November eleventh was my was my first official week that I started.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so here's what I was. I would be like two weeks in, I've done enough. I'm just no way. At some point, do you just say, what the hell am I doing?
Speaker 11: You know, not really because of the costs, you know, you got to think to yourself. And and then and then I even added my my brother in there. My brother passed away in January, but I started November, what I say, November eleventh. At the end of November, right around Thanksgiving, we found out he had a tumor and he was going to have to get tumor in his brain, and he was going to have to get a you know, crnonomy and some other things and and one of those things that he said when when when he knew I was training for this, he was like he was proud of me, and he was proud that I was trying to do this. So I hadn't, you know, the bulk of what I was going to hit yet. I hadn't even run at the half marathon yet. And and it happened so fast, you know, from from from Thanksgiving to January seventh, you know, then he's gone.
Speaker 3: And then I just.
Speaker 11: Had another, you know, another another cause to run for and and and it was him.
Speaker 1: So you've seen you say in November six seven months ago or the previous year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, November of just this passion.
Speaker 1: Now, some people train lifetimes and don't do this. Yeah, but he started training marathon style like he's been running for a while, right, But you started training for the marathon during that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, twenty twenty four weeks is what I had in your twenty four weeks to the day of when I ran.
Speaker 1: So, at what point during those twenty four weeks did you actually hit that mile marker for a marathon? Was it twenty six point two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 11: So the longest run, the longest run I had was would have been twenty one miles and that would have been March twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: And did so how did those final five fields?
Speaker 11: So it's the mileage you do per week, So you know, in the beginning you're thirteen, I went, you know, thirteen fifteen miles.
Speaker 3: The accumulation of weeks.
Speaker 11: You know, and then you look after I started doing my half marathon, and it was twenty one miles, twenty seven miles, twenty nine miles per week. Then they got up to thirty one, thirty three, thirty five, thirty seven. You know, your accumulation of miles per week, and and then you start tapering down so you don't ever really run the twenty six point two and so it's time to run it. But if you can get twenty twenty one, if you you can get that, you you can you should be able to still finish. Now Boston is a little different because of those heels that that that was, you know, I did some I did some heillwork, but but I probably need to do just to tab it more because that was that was rough. Did you have any knowing I went from the wash like I did fourteen miles on the loop, came off and when I hit fourteen, then I went up from the from from you know, the wash on Swan and I went all the way up to Sunrise, so that was three miles and then once I got up there, then I did another two miles.
Speaker 3: That gave me eighteen for that that day.
Speaker 11: And that I felt that So things like that really helped me when it was when it was time to you know, grule out.
Speaker 1: Did you have any injuries along the way, like nicks and bruises or anything that I know it takes it's such a wear and tear on your body, Like what do you feel now and what did you have to go through?
Speaker 3: Oh? God?
Speaker 11: So the I'll say the scariest one was I think maybe two and a half weeks ago, three two and a half, three weeks ago roughly, I was on an uneven pavement and I tweaked my calf and I'm like, man, I'm only I'm only like fourteen days away and and my calf is hurting. So you know, I didn't do anything that the rest of that week. I got in our training room and I just iceed and did everything I could to try. I thought I might have to end up renting with a sleep because because you know, I strained it. So that was the scariest because it seemed like two weeks out there was always there was something, you know, I got, I got hitting my lip being around one of our players, and then I tweaked my calf, and then here's something else, and I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: This is some meley challenge and stuff.
Speaker 11: And then I think in anyway, after around my half marathon, the only other injury, I wouldn't call it an injury.
Speaker 3: It was just changed.
Speaker 11: I had changed shoes, so you know, you can only go I think and told me that I had run when I was going to the uh when I when I was heading on the bus to the to the athlete village, it said totally, uh total, I'm over five hundred miles that I've run in my training to get to to get to this point. So I was over five hundred and some of my miles, which is crazy when you think about it.
Speaker 1: So how did you qualify?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 1: When did you qualify?
Speaker 11: It wasn't a qualified So I'm running for a charity.
Speaker 3: Since since I'm.
Speaker 11: Running for a charity, Teddy's team, I was able to get. You know, he has a certain bit certain bits that he bid numbers that he can have per per thing.
Speaker 3: So I raised that.
Speaker 11: I was number eighteen when I was here, and I raised eighteen thousand dollars. A lot of humbling, a lot of people, you know, really poured in. They still pouring down. They go to the sight. But it's it's it's awesome.
Speaker 1: What is that real quick?
Speaker 11: Just in case, Oh gosh, it was a giving games. It's on you gotta look on my on my page. I don't know it by like by dot dot dot, but it's it's it's a giving games.
Speaker 3: Brandon Sanders.
Speaker 11: If you look me up on my on any any social media page, Instagram, it's in my bio, Twitter, it's on a number of my my things, and Facebook, it's on.
Speaker 3: The number of my posts. It's on there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Brandon, do you have any Are you going to run more marathons? Or was this kind of a lifes Is this going to be a LIFs down right now? What's your recovery process? Like, take us through that.
Speaker 3: Recovery.
Speaker 11: So I got into a habit of using when I was here, I was going to our cold tub and hot tub sometimes if normally when I ran on my long days, I.
Speaker 3: Just got come back here, shower and get in the cold tub. But but then.
Speaker 11: I don't know, midway through Chaine where I started using what we call our Norma tech and that's like air pressure. Sure that that has been amazing. Like I'm gonna after I get off this, I'm gonna go downstairs and get on Norman Tech. The Norman Tech is is it's better than ice cut and coup to me, it because it helps flesher, it helps your flesh flesh.
Speaker 3: And you know, I'm not a sponsored to Norman.
Speaker 1: Tech, but uh yeah, yeah, yeah, a Lota.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: So you've done a lot of stuff obviously in your career. Uh, this great player here at Uve. That took a lot obviously at the NFL level. Now you're you're assistant, give me your title. Let uva just real.
Speaker 3: Quick coordinator of alumni high school relations.
Speaker 1: So you've done all these things that were tough. Right where does this sit? Because it was to me twenty four weeks or whatever that week's it's like, what the hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's up there. Teddy Teddy said the same thing.
Speaker 11: Teddy Teddy said, you know, he's played in he's played in super Bowls and NFL and and those things, and and he ranked this right up there with winning the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I haven't won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 11: I have won a Fiesta Bowl and also played in playoff games and those things in the NFL.
Speaker 3: It's up there.
Speaker 11: It's right up there with the feeling you have when you finish the crowd. I mean they have the crowd. There is no let down all twenty six miles.
Speaker 3: Everywhere you go. I mean they are lined.
Speaker 11: The city of Boston shows out. It's incredible. It's up there. It's top top two for me, especially like like Teddy said, especially at this age. You know, I'm over fifty years old trying to get this. You know, the nicks and bruises, you know, a lot of the concrete running on your joints and everything else. I mean, it was, like I said, only think I can say is I'm humbled.
Speaker 3: Man. God looked out for me to get me through.
Speaker 1: So we all have a story, right, everybody has a story. Did you come across the story that you were inspired by in line there or running or talking?
Speaker 11: A story? A story from someone else?
Speaker 1: Yes, from somebody else? Mm hmmm, did you you know?
Speaker 11: I think there there were there were a number of different people on on Teddy's team when we went to our Night of inspiration that was really really really inspiring. You know, there was there was some people that there was one lady she had don't know.
Speaker 3: There's a guy who was sitting next to excuse.
Speaker 11: Me at dinner and he he had just had a stroke, I think maybe a year and a half ago or maybe two years ago, two years ago, and he you know, got through everything else. And last year was his first ever he ran the marathon coming off being a stroke survivor. It was amazing and he's got two children, and and he was just saying, you know, uh, he he you know, he had he had he had no history of anything. He was healthy and everything else. And he has a stroke and you know he was lucky enough to survive. But now he a marathon and now he's back. And like she said, his wife said at the end, she he was like last year, he was saying, he's never running another one, and here he is back again, running a second And and that was that was super inspired, because you know, coming back from that is amazing, but only coming back, but running a marathon is is incredible.
Speaker 1: So what was your time and was it a good time for you? And I would guess that you're gonna do it again.
Speaker 3: I think right now, I'm not committing anything store.
Speaker 11: It was four hours eleven minutes, which I've never run a marathon. I've never run anything like that, So for me, that was great. I was I was cruising. I think I might have I might have had a chance to be under four hours. Fact I know I would have had a chance to be under four hours, but when my body started cramping up about miles seventeen, then I had to walk and run. So the last the last whatever, mile seven, seven, eight miles. I was walking and running, walking and running, and you know, they said our marathon is good specting for a novice. So for me to finish with four hours and eleven my even my half marathon time was better than the half marathon or ran in Yuma, So it was it was good man. I was I was rolling, I was really cruising and uh and even then, even my training still helped me get through and push through. And the and the people cheering you on, it's an amazing feeling. There's there's nothing really like it. I can definitely say that there's nothing like that for people for four hours as you keep they don't know you, and they're cheering you on, and you know, I have my name on my front, so they're yelling out my name and telling me I'm doing a good job.
Speaker 3: Keep pushing. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's an You don't think about that from just a like a just a normal everyday kind of perspective. But the amount of people that are out there just supporting the runners, like is incredible. Like you talked about a communit community coming together for a greater good just in general, it's it's are you amazing?
Speaker 11: You go by Boston College and all those students are out there pressing like it's it's incredible.
Speaker 3: It was. It was definitely incredible.
Speaker 11: My my, my, My old principal friend Ross and auser from at Pueblo's the.
Speaker 3: Current principal at Pueblo.
Speaker 11: He here and his wife went out there and and and they you know, and they they ran out there to support me. Michelle Scoley used to run track here. She's out there support me. It was like just an awesome deal all the way, all the way, all the way around Teddy and Heidi Deer.
Speaker 3: It was a good wildcat. It's a good wildcat showing what a.
Speaker 1: Great little little community. Hey, and I don't think we meant to skim over this earlier. We're really sorry to hear about your brother. Would you would you be okay with maybe sharing one of the memories that stuck with you about your playing career and your brother in the relationship you guys had.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness, gosh, Uh, there's so many memories to go about.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I can pick just one.
Speaker 11: I would say for Brian, he he was.
Speaker 3: So much he was so much.
Speaker 11: Like me, and and in a lot of ways and and pressed me to be better.
Speaker 3: We always come.
Speaker 11: We always competed at everything. And I can still remember he and I in the in the December and ninety two, throwing.
Speaker 3: Catch outside outside my house.
Speaker 11: Out here and me telling him that I don't we're gonna beat Miami in the Fiesta Bowl, and he and I were big Miami Hurricanes fans. He's like, no way, and I told him I don't. I don't even see how they're gonna get a chance to score. And then we go out and we shut them out. And you know, I flew home to San Diego and as soon as I saw him, he's just shook his head and he's like, man, you were absolutely right.
Speaker 3: I think, not just not to go too far.
Speaker 11: I hope I'm not going over, but you know, I think the one thing that he'll say, because I was a big video I'm a big I used to be a big video game guy for Matt Madden videovideo games.
Speaker 3: I love Madden.
Speaker 11: And they set up some stuff where I went over to his house and we had some guys come play, and I won twenty four thousand dollars at his house.
Speaker 3: I played. I played all day. We played one thousand dollars.
Speaker 11: A game went by the double, Got to play, Gotta Pay went by twenty one Gotta pay double, And we called that the Madden Experience at Brian's house and it was like incredible. He didn't play, but it was all me and so you know, between him and even, like I told you before, just so many people.
Speaker 3: When I was going to do that twenty one mile run, my longest run, you.
Speaker 11: Know, my mom called me and told me that my aunt had just had a stroke and she had passed that day, and I still had to go out there and run the twenty one miles and I'm just like wow, everything just kept coming back to this cost a ton of things that just kept coming back. You know, Gary Walton and sala Asaiah both played at UCLA. Gary played with me at at Helix High School and they both had strokes within five months of each other and passed away. So it's just a lot of different different themes that kept coming back to heart related issues. And it just said, man, I'm supposed to be doing this, like I'm supposed to do this, and I'm supposed to finish this no matter what kind of pain comes my way. We got to get through and now I got a shiny metal around my neck right now that I've been wearing all day for the.
Speaker 3: Last three days about it. So it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Nice. Well, you know that there's a marathon going to be happening here November first fifteenth. Yeah, we haven't. I mean, we were hoping to get that done and we'll off air. I need to get with Brandon and set that up and maybe have him come out and talk to Garment about it.
Speaker 23: Yeah, okay, oh yeah, right now, I'm just shining this thing up and shining to you know, I got an Ice and Norman taking everything else because that course is brutal.
Speaker 3: But you know, and they said it was brutal. I mean, if you're don't do it.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 11: That's what coach and you know, that's what Coach told me, was that, I know, he looked down. I was like, man, this man, it's literally doing it. Teddy still shook his head everywhe I came and he's like, I can't believe it, man, you really are doing this.
Speaker 1: Well Brandon. We appreciate your time. Thanks Abuch, thanks.
Speaker 2: For the stories.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You have to have a great you too.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jo. Take care of good stuff this stuff. Let's take a break a little over, let's come back and talk more. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludolsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one, Email me at Steve dot Rivera ninety five at gmail dot com. Where do you buy exercise and question man Arizona.
Speaker 19: Health, Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health from Lead Madge and exercise equipment on twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 17: What's your goal a new career or career advancement. How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial laid available, it's time to earn the degreeer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at PEMA dot edu. Slash Someday.
Speaker 1: Hey Tusons Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to save. Call them today and score big on your insurance With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Where do you buy exercise equipment Arizona.
Speaker 19: Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment On twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 12: Craving, Tucson's Best Burger, the Fourth Avenue legend is back. Lindy's on Fourth is celebrating twenty years and Lindy him self is back behind the grill. We've got new mouthwatering burgers and great daily drink specials. Don't miss our upcoming twentieth anniversary, Summer Bash and year end celebration, So come down to Lindy's on Fourth or order online at l fourth dot com. Lindy and Tucson's Best Burger are.
Speaker 9: Waiting at Peyramid Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 24: We believe less is more let's pies need more money in your pocket. Less hassle means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids Lessons More Philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the Tucson Spectrum Peermid Federal Credit Union where Less is More, federally insured by NCUA, an Equal Opportunity lender.
Speaker 7: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio app. This is I on the Ball with Steve Raverra on Fox Sports fourteen fifty eight.
Speaker 1: We'll come back. Welcome back to the ball you Fox Sports fourteen fifty m Steve Vera. You're Blake eager and we got ready with us. Uh, Brandon says, I forgot Please give him when I get a chance to thank arizon a football legend, Tom Tennacliffe and ever Fit from Burbank, California for supporting and sponsoring his trip to Bust and yeah got you got it. Takes a village, baby, Yeah, he needs to. He needs to get on like a. I don't know if he's a motivational speaker, if he wants to be, but that story that he has right now and the traction that he has moving forward. He needs to jump on that uh that train and start chewing it. Yeah. I guarantee you he'll be doing that again next year. I mean, because once you start, why would you stop? You know, just like you know, it feels good a one off, Yeah, it feels good to run like just usually you know, Yeah, Forest Gump, I'd be like for not stop and come back and oh man, run running all over the country. They say, I'm done. Where are you doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm done, I'm done. There's nothing else to do. Uh. Yeah, I've never had I've never had a want to run a marathon, But kudos are the people that do it because it is gnarly. Yeah, for sure, super gnarly. Like losing your bowels during training too, Like that's always been like, nah, I don't really want to crap myself while I'm running, Like that doesn't sound fun. I barely keep it together as it is right now. So you're running in, you're running into here just cheeks. Why Hey, I got this?
Speaker 17: Just in?
Speaker 1: This is breaking. Judge says in order that she will deny the two point eight billion dollar for the NCAA settlement if the roster limits are not adjusted for the sports programs. That just overseeing two point point two point eight million settlement multiply. Blah Blah said in order to head it down Wednesday that she will deny final approval of the agreement if the parties do not modify a plan to implement roster limits on college teams fourteen days to respond, you want to dive a little bit more. No, that's just too much, delve into it. No, no, no, no, it's just a lot of stuff. We'll know more, what we know more because it's a lot of money obviously, Yeah, for all the schools and the programs. And it looks like football players would get a minimum of two hundred thousand dollars per player each on roster. Is it a fifty seven eighty five? I thought then and then stupid number both basketball player is probably the same and then the rest is for the rest like the ble. So are we talking that's what every single player gets? There's no more than that or that's the minimum of every single No, I think that's what they get. Okay, So you're asking me, of course, because I really delved into this, so yeah, into this, But that's what my numbers were. That's that's on top of the anile, top of the we're on the bottom of the annisle minimum. How does that affect, uh, non revenue generating sports. It does, Well, they get percentages of the piece of the pie. So then that would trickle down to where every player on say the tennis team, I would assume so, yes, because that was one of the gripes from from Adia there were she was only going to get two to four percent of the pie and she said, well we need more, and well, yeah, I mean, should be a gripe of chip to being in a high corbett, being his own stadium and getting a low I mean, yeah, exactly exactly to your point, I was exactly, how's that possible? I thought it was an equal type of thing, Title nine type of thing. Blah blah blah. Oh no, because you football generates this money, Basketball generally this money. They're going to get the bulk of the money. I think we talked about it, but I think you're going to see if something doesn't drastically change, you're going to see so many collegiate programs. Yeah, at in the in the golfing world, in the tennis world, and the swimming world, and the gymnastics world go away because they're going to generate all their time and and efforts into basketball and football, which is really like people are like, well that's what we watched. Yeah, but you don't have like could you imagine having a daughter or son that has a chance to play at the next level and doesn't at the opportunity because they, you know, got rid of the program. And you could talk about that with the Arizona Junior College losing football, right, that was a big that was a big leg down. So sorry, do we have a call?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I totally agree with you. Can we for once? So talk about baseball? Did you guys watch the Cubs game last night? Man, I don't know why I come on this show. There's there's a second round of a twenty round in the NBA playoffs, like the Cubs had to play the Dodgers. It's seven if they're down ten to seven and seven because our bullpen is a little show last week too. They do it every game. Man, They keep you on the edge of the seat. We'll go ahead, tell me because you're dying to tell me, Nic why baseball? And that's why you come on this show every now and again? I get five seconds of baseball on this show. Go ahead, No, no, it's really exciting. So they won. Apparently I came back and I had a home run bottom of ninth, two outs. Their catcher had a two two out home runs. At the game in Chicago, Hodge comes on and the tenth inning shuts the Dodgers down three out with a man on second because you know now the extra ending rule. Man starts on second and they come out man on second. Hap goes base hit, base knock the right field walk off? Is there anything better in baseball than.
Speaker 2: A walk off?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I love a walk off, walk off. I'm a single hitter. Do not like a walk walk off? Or you're walking in a run? See, I thought I got rid of this one. Jay was doing this Dodger talking. I got cup talk. No, No, we're good talking. I talk baseball. I mean Ray and I were talking about the Giants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking about it.
Speaker 1: I mean we want to talk about we've got to go. You're such a a minute, you want to call in for the last five minutes. That'd be great to shut them down so we know about baseball. Oh my god, So I guess it was the baseball coach that I would ridge that was that go u A word is that? Well, we don't know the word is uh, so I guess we might find out more later that Dick had brought up but he has the same day last name with me. But he's I chuged on figure this out, but it is what it is. That was pretty funny today with the two of you. Yeah, I'm telling you should get all your regular callers. You should do an event. Yeah, I'll get you a space, yeah, with padded walls just in case. And you should do uh, not a show, not a live show by any means, but you should do a segment there. Yeah. They wanted to come in, like, you know how, maybe special guests, the reading out again, Fat Mike and maybe Nico. Nico hasn't called in a while, Nico and uh and Gabe. How many regular callers do you have? Would you say? Eight? Nine? Yes, you do, just do a panel. Yeah, that'd be great. Yeah, it'd be cool if you could do this out of like a bar. Yeah, of course, Well you're not going to be sober, no no, no, no no. Initially when I first started this, this is kind of how I wanted, you know, back in the old day, they the sports reporters. That was when you were growing up, right,