Speaker 1: Hm, you want to make some more.
Speaker 2: He's over there, coming from the guy that eats potato chips while I'm doing a live read.
Speaker 1: You couldn't hear that? You can what a hearing because you're sick.
Speaker 2: No, we're with microphones, dumb ass, and you eat potato chips.
Speaker 1: You can hear my potato chip eating.
Speaker 3: Being dead serious, I could not.
Speaker 2: Thank you being mean, and you know what I got.
Speaker 1: You know what I think I did. I was like, I shouldn't bother Dwaite with this, and I choked on my chips a little bit. Okay, so I choked, almost died.
Speaker 2: What it was? The name chip?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 1: Thank you Bill Keeling for texting your support to the show even though we'd been sick.
Speaker 2: I think Bill killing might be the better looking of the two. I agree between John, it's.
Speaker 1: A bit close close. The sun is the best looking one of e all. I don't know which brothers is the sun that's on the forest.
Speaker 2: Do you suppose that they ever when they were.
Speaker 1: No, So I will ask this question. I would why do they make Okay, you're already sick. They give you the medicine. You get the medicine, and God bless all the people that work at pharmacies, Like, really, but why do they make the packages where you can't get the out of the thing. So you're sick and all you need is this medicine, but you can't get the you can't peel it back, and if it peels back a little bit, it's only peeled like a quarter of the way. And now you've gotta go. I gotta go get a knife. I have to get a knife to undo the package to get the pill that's supposed to make me feel better because I'm sick.
Speaker 3: By the way, they're gonna pull the cotton out. Sometimes too, they put in something.
Speaker 1: Not even the bottle. I could deal with that, but the ones, the ones that are the pills that are in each individual little uh bubble, right, they're in each individual bubble, and you have to you can't poke it through. If you poke it through, you can break. I broke one of the pills and was like, what the hell is what? Why the hell? We're already sick. And I'm sure that White and I were fantastic sick people last week. We definitely were like we were gracious and never got upset, not not at once, and I would get irritated with someone with chew ice loudly.
Speaker 2: I just sput nick, just made my notes super large.
Speaker 3: If you had your if you both surveyed your wives, who who do you think would say was the more needy husband last week?
Speaker 2: I think we're a lot of as different. Yeah, we are alone.
Speaker 1: Leave me alone, that's all. I just leave me alone. Just leave me alone, that's all I want. Don't talk to me, leave me alone. I'm sick.
Speaker 2: Well. For example, when I started to feel just a little bit off Sunday, Susan was in the basement. Let me. I walked down. I stood on the stairs, said, honey, I'm not feeling real well. I'm gonna go upstairs. I'm done for the day, just in cases it's the flu. And there I stayed. I mean I stayed there until Thursday after Soon.
Speaker 1: Here's what John, maybe a year later in your life, you become a cataker and you have to take care of Dwight and Tony because our wives have left us and we're sick and elderly. Now so here, let's give you some advice because I'm not giving you the advice as if I'm giving my wife advice. Do you understand, Yes, this is different this is different. But so the natural reaction is to ask the person that's sick. The first thing you ask in the morning, is feeling better? Oh gosh, don't don't know, because if the person feels worse or status quo, the words ring through your ears. So here's what you need to do. You ready as the care as the caretaker of too elderly, Tony and Dwight, because our wives left.
Speaker 2: Us right and we're sick. It's coming.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing in the first of the morning. Hey, don't talk to us, b if you're gonna do it. What do you need?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Nothing, Okay, that's that's that's what. This is the exchange that needs to happen. Do you need anything? No, I will say this, that's it. That's exchange.
Speaker 3: I've already gotten used to that with the pregnant wife right now. Yes, that's a lot of times that she's not set, when she's not feeling the best. It's what do you need?
Speaker 1: What do you need? Don't go hey, you're feeling better, No, I'm growing a child. No exactly. And now think about people that just got what we have when they're pregnant, because they can't take half the stuff that's true. They can't take medicine. They got to.
Speaker 3: Fight her headache stuff or whatever it might be. You can't do migraine medicine.
Speaker 1: Pregnant women can't do it. I feel for single parents that get as sick as Dwight and I were last week, and we still are to a start extent, but we as sick as we were. Man, people have kids. It's like, man, what do you do? You got to suck it up and get and take care of them while you're hallucinating. It's crazy trying.
Speaker 2: To figure out what I did with spot nick. I made my notes large and so, but it's not large enough to read without my readers. With the readers on now, they're blurry.
Speaker 1: Uh. Wendy's is a good restaurant. It used to be my favorite burger.
Speaker 2: It's not anymore used to be, you know, because they make their employees say, do you want a Biggie size it?
Speaker 1: They still they do want a biggie size that.
Speaker 2: You want a biggest size they want it?
Speaker 1: Takes it there.
Speaker 2: Maybe already a Biggie sized it for me.
Speaker 1: So they have gotten creative with their frosties.
Speaker 2: See that Why that's a bastardization of frosty.
Speaker 1: Chocolate Frosty's is about as good as a gifts. Yeah, but now they have this is right down my alley and I might go get one today. A Wendy's thin mint frosty drops on Friday.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was like it's a couple of months too late.
Speaker 1: Look, if it wasn't, it doesn't seem like it's.
Speaker 3: Like a Christmasy type of thing.
Speaker 2: If you want a blizzard, just go get a blizzard.
Speaker 1: Then that's a good point. I mean, the blizzard is the greatest sizard is the greatest invention. Nothing will make people feel happier than a blizzard. And I don't care which one you order. The chocolate extreme with extra stuff, that's it, baby, that's the thing. Whatever, if it's the chocolate peanutburger, guy, I don't care, the birthday cake, whatever is good. It's the greatest dessert.
Speaker 4: DQ.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, But I think this thin mint butter frosty could.
Speaker 2: Be thin Minton.
Speaker 1: Well, it's gott a buttery Girl Scout cookies again, I bought some the other day. Made it a lot easier with Venmo. But yes, I'm gonna I gotta wait till Friday, I guess, but I want to get that bad boy.
Speaker 2: I gotta figure out how to fix this thing in the commercials. But in the meantime, survey came out with America's all time favorite movies. I'm suspect on a lot of these.
Speaker 1: Uh, international movies, American movies.
Speaker 2: American movies, American movies. Is there any other kind?
Speaker 1: Yes, they love movies all over the world.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, here's the movie. Uh, this famous from Germany. It's called Nasferatu. Oh really, yeah, there's no words.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So Covenant numbers? Hango, you got ten? And who ranked?
Speaker 3: We're back to that again, staying far away from your studio today.
Speaker 1: Listen, Terry Miners, if you're listening, I get it. We love you and you're Howard Hughes. But we're gonna spray the hell out of this place. But if I'm you, I might think i'd be I might be thinking doing the show from that.
Speaker 2: I don't think he might be. Oh, well, you're right, we've been off hever.
Speaker 1: Yes, but anybody listens to us right now ahead is going to be like, dude, those guys are still sick.
Speaker 2: I'm still not kissing Susan.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Cruz was weary of letting you in this movie, he.
Speaker 1: Ran out of Look, we always want to Cruz to leave as fast as he can because he hovers. But today he did not hover. He went see guys bye, all right, have a good show, have a good show.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Okay, dude, I still have a kiss, Susan, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, so kenyways Sheppard's Bomb of the Hour. Yes, but I will say this, So ten movies I don't know who grated him? Are there? Most of these were gonna know or not.
Speaker 2: You we're gonna know them all, but you Yeah, okay, okay, a number ten, I'm in there like swim. We're on this one, okay. Godfather, Yeah, great movie. Yeah, that should probably be the top ten.
Speaker 1: Number one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, number nine is star Wars.
Speaker 1: Give me a Godfather? Was ten?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh come on, star Wars. No, this list is already.
Speaker 2: Be a star Wars as you can't have.
Speaker 1: Star Wars ahead of the god original star Wars.
Speaker 2: Yes, star Wars. Yeah. Before the seventies, yes, that's called a new hope it star Wars.
Speaker 1: Star Wars what?
Speaker 2: Okay? What did it to say on the movie posters in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Star Wars and New Hope. No, I did not.
Speaker 2: Yes it did, it says Star Wars.
Speaker 1: No, actually on the little dun and when it came in with a little script that came in a thing it's in episode four.
Speaker 2: No it did, Yes it did. Who reads that grip research it? But probably when I went to Star Wars, they started out like, oh god, oh great words.
Speaker 1: It is widely known that the dialogue in the three first Star Wars movies is so bad that all the people involved say, yes, it's the worst dialogue of any popular film in history.
Speaker 2: So I haven't seen it since. I guess maybe back then.
Speaker 1: It's it's good movies movies. Look, it changed my life.
Speaker 3: I love Star Wars long until they remake the original trilogy.
Speaker 2: I bet that happens.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have to. I mean, you can't. I mean, I mean that was when it was cool, all right, So I can't believe Godfather was beaten out by Star Wars. But give me number eight. This should be fun, this should be great, this should this is a this is not a list of crap, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: This is where it comes apart like a Chinese motorcycle.
Speaker 1: It's gonna lose my patience.
Speaker 2: I think you ready. Number eight Fast and Furious.
Speaker 1: Oh, stop it.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a one of Stop it.
Speaker 1: There are ten Fast and Furious, and just because each one of them made a billion dollars doesn't mean any of them are not trash. Trash, you're telling me Godfather was ranked lower than Fast and Furious.
Speaker 2: Number seven Home alone and it's okay, I.
Speaker 3: Should be included in a separate list for Christmas movie you it's.
Speaker 1: I haven't even seen it all the way through. I can't get through it. I think it's dumb. I think it's I'm sorry. Everyone loves that movie. They love that kid. I thought it was stupid. The kid's so smart. Why not why not just call the police instead putting legos? I don't like the vaudeville comedy anyway. The handles Hot.
Speaker 2: Number six. I haven't seen this, but I bet it's a damn good movie. John Wick.
Speaker 1: John Wick is good and does not belong on this list.
Speaker 2: Uh number was this list.
Speaker 1: Made by the dumbest people on planet Earth?
Speaker 2: As I said mentioned earlier, I accidentally deleted the source and I apologize you. Sometimes when you have a high fever and you do show prep. Yeah, it doesn't work out.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you update your twenty year old laptop.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with this laptop.
Speaker 1: Everything's wrong with the laptop.
Speaker 2: I could just figure out what I did to make everything so damn big. Okay, so this number number five is dirty dancing?
Speaker 1: Still okay, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Number four, The Lion King, Number three, The Titanic, Number two, The Wizard of Oz and number one Forrest Gump. Where's Jaws?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: First of all, where's a cool hand?
Speaker 4: Luke?
Speaker 1: Several of these movies were cultural, I mean, not icons, but changed culture. Forrest Gump changed culture. Then in the nineteen nine three that movie came out and it flipped people out. When they put Tom Hanks's character in with LBJ and mixed the old black and white videos together. People didn't understand that technology. They're like, how did they get Tom Hanks's video in with the old LBJ video?
Speaker 2: It was witchcraft.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what people said. That's witchcraft. There's no way you can do that. It's one of the best movies of all time. I get it, but you can't. Godfather is Niece Knuty number one, and I don't mind putting Forrest Gump number two and Wizard of the Oz. It was a game changer for the nineteen forties.
Speaker 2: Actually, instead of Wizard of the Oz, they went with the Wizard of Oz instead. Oh what, yeah, that's what was it called the Wizard of Oz, not Wizard of the Oyes. They they recently renamed it.
Speaker 3: That's the director's cut.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, listen, I got a movie I want to pitch to you. This movie is called The Wizard of the Os. It's about enchanted head brush.
Speaker 1: Thank you, bad Tony Venetti. That's the worst list there is.
Speaker 2: Uh, where's Coah and Luke? Where's Casablanca?
Speaker 1: Casablanca is I would I would say it's so impactful and it's the greatest one liner film of all time. I like the any comedies on this list? What did I miss comedy?
Speaker 2: Argue that home Alone but.
Speaker 1: I can't home alones on it can help be on this list.
Speaker 2: I think that's it. I think that's the only thing that you could.
Speaker 1: They put this list together just to piss people off.
Speaker 2: One interesting note they put at the bottom. It says the average American estimates they've watched their favorite movie thirty eight times over the course of their life. I would say that's low for me when it comes to Jaws.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've watched and we watched Jaws every year.
Speaker 2: Well, plus, if you're skipping around you see TBS and there it is, you got to stay on Jaws. You can't just change the channel.
Speaker 1: Did you see the son of who plays Robert Shaw. Robert Shaw is an identical twin to his dad, Robert Shaw, and Robert Shaw was a known alcoholic. I don't think he was the greatest dad, and I believe so that his kid even says my dad was an a hole. But he's probably abusive and all that. But he looks he's a dead ringer and he's doing some sort of play or musical or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I saw the picture. I never read the article.
Speaker 1: But he's dressed as Quint.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's I speak of the twins. We're supposed to have the Keathing Brothers on last week, but we didn't because of the flu.
Speaker 1: Well, and the mayor called again because we were playing best of people were fooled. Yeah, the mayor calls said, look, tomorrow's of Valentine's Day. We're bringing in Rachel with the mayor and I can't we can't wait to see what y'all planned, I went, well, we have planned to hack up our lungs into a trash can because we're sick. So we're gonna get the mayor back on for a de facto read do Valentine's Day with the mayor and his wife.
Speaker 2: Rachel, boy, your your voice sounds so silky.
Speaker 1: And I will say John she she gives, She gives the eye to Dwight. Yeah, in front of the mayor. Too awkward.
Speaker 2: In all fairness, Rachel Greenberg does stare at me, but it's mostly out of morbid curiosity of what I might be or pity. Yeah, pity, it's not a it's not a good stare.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the video of the humpback whale that swallowed the Kayaker?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that not the scariest thing?
Speaker 3: Jonah all over?
Speaker 2: But no, his name was Jonah the guy stop it. How weird is that? There's no way His name was Joan damn it, you got me and his last name was Kayak. How weird was that?
Speaker 1: But it's scary? Is that not the scariest thing? I got swallowed by a whale?
Speaker 2: That's what you get. You go in the area.
Speaker 3: If he came back out, alive.
Speaker 1: He did come back out alive.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they spit him out the the uh the way. I was like, that's not a hang on, hang on something, am I I'm gonna spit him out. They got it on video, dude, Okay, wow, I mean seriously, I think these kayakers.
Speaker 2: That's what you get for getting out of the ocean. And a kayak.
Speaker 1: He's wrong with the rowboat.
Speaker 2: Dumb ass? What the hell? Would just just look at it from the beach. You know, it's perfect get in the ocean a dinghy, of course. I also like to get it a dinghy small, little Do you like a small dingy or big dingy?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: Well, a small dinghy is a kayak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like a big dinghy.
Speaker 1: It's right. Who do we have Christian Brother's roofing? Christian Brother's roofing. Dave got an estimate, and I believe Christian Brothers is going to be doing his roof and sighting in gutters for his house and twenty something years ago. The roof is like twenty two years old. Guess what it is. It's a Christian Brother's roof, so it lasted twenty two years and they're getting a new roof with the gutters and everything else. So it's fantastic man Christian Brother's Roofing. Go to christianbroroofing dot com or two four to four zero two zero eight two four four zero two zero eight. My nephew works for him. They did my mom's house. They've taken care of my house and they're taking care of Dave Jennings Christian Brothers Roofing, Christian broroofing dot com. Back after this, there's ready eight forty w h A S. Is that the greatest guitar rift in history? Baby? Is that the greatest guitar riffing?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: It's a legitimate question. Yeah, stop back like an idiot. I think I'm not like an idiot. Stop with that face.
Speaker 2: You're so stupid.
Speaker 1: Dig My ode Well, you're embarrassing yourself in front of Kenny Wayne Shepherd. You always do.
Speaker 2: You can't embarrass yourself in front of a student of yourself. Kenny Ways. I talk Kenny Wayne Shepherd everything he owns. I'm getting ready to prove it. Hey, Kenny Way Shepherd, isn't it true that I've taught you everything you know about guitar?
Speaker 4: Uh? Probably not true.
Speaker 2: You listen budging.
Speaker 1: He's not even willing to go along with your charade.
Speaker 2: Way Gratz, He says, you missed one hundred percent of shots you don't take. I had to take a shot listen. Kenny Way Shepard loved you for years, man. I still remember being in all because it took a date to go see Aerosmith and you were the opening act. You're very young. I don't think i'd even drink at the time. Maybe I'm wrong, but quite impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The first time I interviewed him, he played Phoenix Little Tavern and he was a kid. You were a kid and you couldn't get into Phoenix Hills shot at the time.
Speaker 2: Ye sign your first record deal at thirteen, right.
Speaker 1: Playing a gig you could get into.
Speaker 4: I signed it at sixteen. Actually, you're a kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it happened pretty quick, man. I put my band together when I was fifteen, signed a record deal at sixteen, recorded my first album at seventeen, graduated high school, hit the road and never looked back.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you. There's so much to get to man. So you know, through your career, I think you've opened up for the Stones. I saw you with Van Halen. You know, the Eagles. I'm not a musician, and I do play guitar, but very very poorly. And occasionally when the wife and are out they'll say, hey, come up, do the song. And I'm never more self conscious when there's a real musician out in the audience. How much pressure was that on you when you got to go out and open up for The Stones and all these other bands? Does it get into your head at all when you're young or do you push it out somehow?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: It can.
Speaker 5: I remember like the first time I ever got on stage. I was thirteen years old down in New Orleans on Bourbon Street with my dad and some of his friends, and we went to go see this guy, Brian Lee. He was kind of a staple on Bourbon Street, a blind blues guitar player, and we've seen him many times before. But this evening one of my dad's friends said, hey, why don't you let this kid get up and sit in with you and your band? And I had never been on stage before. Oh, in that moment, I was petrified. Oh, Like you know, I remember walking up there and I thought to myself, you know what, this is either going to go really well or this is I'm going to stail spectacularly and I will never do this again. And I did the first song because I was really shy. If you look at the early pictures and videos of me when I was a teenager, I had long blonde hair and I would kind of let it hang down and cover my face. I kind of would hide behind my hair. But anyways, I played the first song, he gave me a solo, and I got a standing ovation.
Speaker 4: Oh, and he let me.
Speaker 5: Stay up for the rest, and I played with this guy till like three o'clock in the morning, and that gave me the confidence to move forward.
Speaker 4: And I never really looked back.
Speaker 5: I mean, you can overthink things and you can mess yourself up, or you can just have faith and get up there and see what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So that night, when you're thirteen, you get on with this spectacular blues guy and you wind up play until three o'clock in the morning. I guess at that point it gets in your blood and you're done. That's all you can do, right.
Speaker 5: Well, that's all I wanted to do that At that point, I thought maybe I could actually do something here with this, you know, And so it kind of went from there when I was fourteen. Not long after that, we went in the studio and did my very first recordings that helped me eventually get a record deal.
Speaker 2: Talking with Kenny Wayne Shepard and we're going to talk about where you can see him. I saw Josh McDermott or we had Josh McDermott on the show two weeks ago, and then I saw you were going to be playing on this tour. I thought, wait, let's get Kenny Wayne Sheppard on too. Do you find it? I think as a testament to Jimmy Hendrix and his music. We lost him at age twenty seven. We only had him for a number of years, but the end fifty plus years later, we're still listening to his music. We're still celebrating his music in a big way where you and other artists are going out on tour and playing his music. I know Steve Rayvaugh had a big influence on you, but obviously Jimmy did too. How did you get turned on to Jimmy Hendrix and how much did he influence you on your career?
Speaker 5: Well, Jimmy's definitely one of my top five all time musical influences. He's right up there with Stevie Rayvaughan. I got turned on to Hendricks through my dad. I mean, my dad was a dish jockey. He was on the radio like you guys, ah and yeah, he was programmed director, general manager and on air personality.
Speaker 2: So well director of like he's not on the line, is he already?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But you know, I grew up listening to music like twenty four to seven, and my dad did a lot of different formats over the years, so we listened to all kinds of music. But he's the guy that turned me on too, Hendricks. And as a guitar player, learning how to play the instrument. I mean, you hear Jimmy's.
Speaker 4: Music and you go, wow, how did he do that? What's that sound?
Speaker 5: And and you know, I would sit in the living room learning how to play his songs, but I listening to the records and memorizing songs note by note, and he literally watching Jimmy and finding these old videos of him performing and listening to what he did because he does.
Speaker 4: What I do is I take blues.
Speaker 5: Music as the foundation of my music and then I try and like you know, interject different things to make it sound new and current and fresh and exciting and different, and that's what Jimmy did. Jimmy really pushed the boundaries. He took blues and he ran with it, and he didn't allow himself to be like stuck in a box. And so he gave me permission to do that with my music.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a lot of names out there too that we you know, we always used to make these lists, you know, Dwight and I started out rock radio, and we obviously would do what we're doing now was more talking politics and stuff. But Prince, for me, like I never put him on a list until later like I was, because he is. Where's your take on the not the non because you always have your list. There's Eddie van Halen, you're on that list, Stevie Ravaughan down to we go down the list, but Prince has been added to that list. What's your take on that? And there's there is there another name we're forgetting or need to put on there.
Speaker 5: There's always names that we're forgetting. I mean, there's always incredible guitar players. There's guys that are incredibly talented whose names never get brought up on those kinds of lists, you know. I mean every year I had a band with Stephen Stills for a few years, Wow Project Wow. And you know, Stephen Rolling Stone does their Top one hundred guitar players of all time, and Stephen is always on that list, and they've never put my name on that list, and he would always he would always remind.
Speaker 4: Me of that, you know. And so it's like there's.
Speaker 5: Always incredibly talented musicians, you know that may not get that level of recognition, but Prince certainly one of them. And one of the things about Prince is like, you know, I mean, the guy saw he had it all.
Speaker 4: He was total package.
Speaker 5: He could play every instrument right, he could play bass, guitar, drums, he could sing, he could dance, I mean, but his songwriting, it was just incredible.
Speaker 4: His vocal was incredible.
Speaker 5: And I mean, yeah, he's definitely one of those guys. But people generally bring up the names, like for me, I always talk about Hendrix and Stevie and bb King and Albert King and Freddie because those were the guys that are the core components of the sound that I've created based on what I learned from those people.
Speaker 1: Kenny Wayne Sheppards, who were talking with this morning on President's Day, a lot of people off today. But it's a great conversation, and it leads me into this, which is he brought up your dad. Your dad's in the industry with it, if I'm sure he had enough cases, because look, not everybody starts out as a phenom in rock and roll like you that doesn't end up an attic in either sorry he commits suicide or drug addicts or whatever happens. Was your dad part of that to where it kept you level headed and you never ended up on that side of things?
Speaker 5: Well, I certainly went down that path to a degree, Like I have not had a drink of alcohol or put anything stronger than advil in my body for twenty two years.
Speaker 1: Oh good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah you quit it like twenty five, right, didn't you get sober twenty five years old?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 5: So you know, that just goes to show, like you know, I mean, look, at a certain point, you're young and curious and stuff, and when you become a musician, especially in the world of rock and roll, you look at it and you go, oh, this is what I have to do this if I'm going to be a.
Speaker 4: Legitimate rock star.
Speaker 5: Right yeah, And it's actually not a great thing. But you know people think that you have to do this, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because they say the music comes from a dark right, right, like a dark place, and you got to be depressed to write good music, right, I mean that's what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of it and just raising hell and you know, trashing hotel rooms and you know, it's like you want to be like Keith Richards and you want to be like the Eagles where they take a chainsaw and cut a hole in the room.
Speaker 1: To make a joining room.
Speaker 4: Right, you know, it's like it all sounds fun.
Speaker 5: It all sounds like really fun and exciting until somebody dies, right. And so for me, I just knew that, like I had reached a point at age twenty five, like something had to change.
Speaker 4: And thankfully I was able to make that change. Not a lot of people are able to and some of those people are no longer with us. So my dad helped.
Speaker 5: My dad helped me keep me grounded as much as my mom did because because of the way that I was raised.
Speaker 4: Like, I had never walked around with a big ego thinking.
Speaker 5: That I invented all of this, right, So I was always grounded. But as far as that stuff, the extracurricular side of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, I dabbled in that stuff and then I had to to stop to it. And I have to say, like, my life is tremendously better without that stuff. So and I'm making some of the best music I've ever made today, for sure.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt on that. I got to tell you. And I remember seeing Steve or Yvon. I used to go see Steve or Yvon every year when he would come to town. And the last time that I went to go see him, it was that tour that he did with Jeff Beck and it was the one where he was sober, and he was He was amazing to watch when he was on junk or whatnot. But then when he got sober, it was even more powerful. You got sober? Did that strength we're both Christians on here. Did that strengthen your relationship with Jesus Christ when you got sober?
Speaker 4: One hundred percent? I knew that.
Speaker 5: One of the things about about the twelve step programs that are out there is that it is a spiritual program. And you have to know they don't push one religion or anything like that onto anybody. It's a God, they say it's a god. Of your understanding, so you can choose Jesus, so be it. If it's something else, you know, they allow that. But the reality is is that like we've reached a point where we have to tap into a power far greater than ourselves to do for us what we could not do for ourselves. And I knew that, like in order, because a million times, like you know, I'd have that night where it's like, oh, I'm never going to do this again, and then night I would do it again. And so I kept trying to to not do things and wound up doing them. So I couldn't do it, you know, on my own accord. So I had to have something helped me in ways that I couldn't help myself.
Speaker 4: And to me, I knew that that would be God. One hundred percent. I knew I had to have God, you know, I had to.
Speaker 5: Allow him to be more active in my life, because I knew he was always interested in being active in my life.
Speaker 4: But he's not going to force himself on you. You have to like open up to him.
Speaker 5: And so I knew that was going to be part of the equation one hundred percent from the very beginning, even before I learned that was part of the program.
Speaker 2: And you were talking about how you're making some of the best music. I got to tell you your dirt on my Diamonds volume too if I want to. I mean, just spectacular stuff. But let's talk about this Hendrix Experience tour. Experience Hendrix Tour, I've got it's hard to pick a favorite Jimmy Hendrick song. And by the way, you're playing on this but uh, it's hard for me to pick a favorite. I mean, Voodoo Child's won, but I think if six were nine is probably my favorite. Do you have a favorite, uh Hendrix song?
Speaker 4: Well, I have a lot of favorite songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean historically we've ever since I formed my band when I was fifteen, our last song of the show has always been Voodoo Child, and so that's kind of become a synonymous with my concerts and the fans expect that.
Speaker 4: It never gets old for me.
Speaker 5: But like, if you think about how little time he was actually writing and recording music and how many legendary songs, I mean, Purple.
Speaker 6: Hayes, Foxy Lady, Voodoo Child, Little Wings, Stone Free, and yeah, all this stuff, it's just like really incredible, Uh, what he's created.
Speaker 5: In such a short amount of time relatively, and so there's a lot of great songs to choose from.
Speaker 2: How many dates are you doing on this tour? Because it's got all kinds of great spectacular musicians on there. I will say that the closest this is coming is Cincinnati, Ohio on March eleventh. But how many dates do you think you're going to do on this Kenny?
Speaker 5: I think there's we're out for a full month, and I think we're doing twenty seven shows in that month.
Speaker 4: We're working pretty hard, and.
Speaker 5: You know, who knows, maybe we'll do another leg at the end of this year, maybe next year or whatever, but I know we're doing I think we're doing twenty seven shows on this part of it.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Kenny, Wayne Shepard certainly grateful for your music. You're one the hell of a musician and your concerts are really fun. Catch him on this experience. Hendrix Tour Cincinna, Ohio is the closest coming to March eleventh. Kenny, have done the show before and we're always grateful. I appreciate it, manreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, sir, Hey, thanks for having me, guys. I appreciate the support.
Speaker 2: Yes, talk again, bro soon there you go, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, what do we have, Elan, No, no, no, we're good. We're good.
Speaker 3: We're good for
Speaker 4: W A twos