Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm going you Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: So here we are about eight nights or eight days between now an election night, eight days from now that most of the votes will be counted. I hope whether or not we have a winner, a declared winner, who knows. But I think it's something that I want to consider, and that is whether you win or lose? Are you willing to acknowledge that whoever is elected president is indeed your president? Pretty simple idea pretty simple concept. So far most people have disagreed with me on it. Fair enough, Let's go to Greg and Dorchester. Greg, welcome, How are you, sir? Dad?
Speaker 3: And take care of me?
Speaker 4: Back so.
Speaker 1: Fast?
Speaker 5: Welcome.
Speaker 3: I'm a welcome. I'm a union man all my life. Marys just you that work for the city for twenty five years. But the unions don't have the right can find and the unions don't lissit in their leadership no more. They haven't for years. But they don't. I mean, they'll say yes, but they'll vote for every way they want to vote. As far as the papers are concerned, I think that the papers they are endorsement, don't mean that much no more, because you have so many stations on the TV now a cable and ah, so many different stations and so much knowledge, so much for information, and a lot of people like the Boston Globe. But that paper is on its way out, and I think the hurdle is on its way out. Just four fifty area that off lying that I pay for digital my computer, but they don't have that. They don't have to say no more. I mean, their endorsements doesn't mean nothing, you know, it's it's up to the people themselves that they're no score down. And as far as who going to win the election, win said, I'll be with them, they'd be my president.
Speaker 1: Well that's where I am. Greg. As I said, I think that as a country we have fallen into this feeling that that unless my guy wins or Mike Gal wins, I'm not going to recognize. I'm not going to accept the results. And you're live in a democracy and you're not always going to be in the majority all the time. I mean, I've learned, and you've you and I are both old enough to remember, you know, President Eisenhower and President Kennedy and Johnson and Ford and Nixon and Reagan and uh you know and uh and Carter and Clinton and Obama and Bush and Bush two and all of that. And you know if the pendulum goes back and forth and we survive, but we won't survive if half the country UH is going to always you know, not support. And that doesn't mean you have to agree. But look when when President Obama was president, he was my president. I only had one president. Wasn't Mitt Robney, wasn't John McCain, it was it was Barack Obama. Well, I don't understand why so many people cannot even come to to say what you and I just said.
Speaker 3: I just say, wherever whins did, I pray for them and do a good job and keep up country safe.
Speaker 1: With you totally, Greg, You're you're a man of of integrity and I thank you very much as always.
Speaker 6: For your call.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Let me get one more in here before the break. We can move it a little bit. Let me go to UH Marty and Saint Augustine, Florida. Marty, gotta head, sir, how are you tonight?
Speaker 7: And I haven't called in a while because you've had like topics that had to do with Boston, which I didn't want to you know, get involved in. Listen, I have a very basic way of doing things. When Obama was president, I didn't vote for him, but I didn't hope that he would I hope that he would succeed. Okay, that's the way it worked. Let me tell you something. I'm seventy seven years old. The first time I voted for president was Nixon sixty eight. You had to be twenty one. Traditionally, when there's a Democrat as president, I don't put out an American flag. First of all, that American flag is probably made in China, and I like China and I like Chinese goods. But that's what I do now. As far as Kamala, Kamala, Kamela whatever, this person who outsides, they had a bloodless coup and they ousted Joe Biden, who should have been the candidate. They had a bloodless coup like in the third world country. Okay, so IM not going to predict who's going to win, but if she wins, I will not put out an American flag. I will do everything that is legal. In other words, I'm not going to break the law, but I will hold my nose. And what You've had some pretty wacko people calling up, But understand one thing. You're You're in Boston and you were telling us a while ago that you have an Oriental mayor who had some parties and she doesn't invite whitehall.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on for a second. Okay, the mayor mayor Wu. I believe her four bears come from Taiwan, So she's I think, technically chick.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter what she is.
Speaker 1: Well, the phrase oriental, Marty, let me tell you something. The phrase oriental is a phrase that has gone has gone out of fashion.
Speaker 7: Okay, whatever it is. I'm not meaning to say anything bad about her. I don't know she's Chinese, whatever, But the point is from what we heard listening to your program, that she has like parties where white people are not invited. I'm not trying to get into Boston, but I'm just saying that when the other side wins, they don't play the gentleman rules like you're you're talking about, you know, like we are going to obey the law, We're not going to do anything to break the law. But I'm not going to put out an American flag because I'll tell you why. The American flag represents the people and if people in this country.
Speaker 1: But mighty if money. Think what you're saying. Look, if if we live in a democracy, you.
Speaker 6: Don't give a representative republic, it's.
Speaker 1: Also a democracy.
Speaker 7: You know where I told some people before, if you want to have a real democracy, there are two places where you can go the Democratic Republic of Korea North Korea, or you can go to the Democratic Republic of the Congo Okay, or else you can go to Turkmenistan. These are three places which are called democracies. You know what a democracy means that.
Speaker 1: You can be called in Mary, you could be called anything you want. You know, I can call you a water buffalo. That doesn't make you a water buffalo democracy.
Speaker 7: I'm not trying to argue with you, but I think.
Speaker 1: You're making statements that I have to respond to because I'm not going to allow statements on the air which are incorrect. You know, don't try to tell me that North Korea or the Congo or democracies. I don't know enough about the Mongo.
Speaker 7: They are democratic republic in the name of the country, and formally East Germany was the Democratic public.
Speaker 1: I just you know what it's it's useless to have a conversation with you because we're talking past one another. Let me ask you this, how will Florida decide how their electoral votes will be counted? Who will win? How do you win the the the electoral votes of the state of Florida, Marty.
Speaker 7: What do you mean by that in terms of electoral votes or as they saying, the ghetto electrical votes?
Speaker 1: Well again, please, I don't know why you want to throw that into Marty, But anyway, how offends me? Which offends me? And it offends me. I asked you a very simple question. You're a smart guy, You're a former police officer.
Speaker 7: I want to stay friendly with you. How they're going to do the electoral.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask you. I'm going to ask you the question so that I made the question clear. Well, they count the votes on on Tuesday night or when next Wednesday morning? In Florida. Let's assume that there's three million votes for hypothetically for Trump, and let's assume that there's two million votes for Harris. Trump wins sixty forty How many electoral votes does Trump win from the state of Florida.
Speaker 7: I don't know how many? How many electoral votes each day.
Speaker 1: He wins sixty percent? Or does he win all of them?
Speaker 7: Marty, I really am not familiar with how that works, but I.
Speaker 1: Know, well, let me let me familiarize you with it, because first of all, you're being this in genuine and to tell me that you know as well as I do that Donald Trump how many votes when George Bush won Florida in two thousand, you know how many votes he won by. There were five hundred and twenty seven votes that he won by. You know that number better than I do. The winner. It's a winner take all in every state except for Nebraska and May right, So that's why that's why it is both a representative republic. Yeah, it's not a pure democracy, and that everybody goes to Washington, everybody votes. You you know, you're wasting my time when you tell me that, and you're you're and you're misleading my audience. So when the electrical College is vote cast, you know, the people in California will will vote for Kamala Harris. Come will vote for Kamala Harris. Okay, yes, people in Massachusetts will vote for Harris. People in Florida are probably going to vote for Donald Trump at the majority vote in those states. Whens. All I'm just saying is that you if you don't want to fly your flag because Kamala harris Is is elected president, that's your that's your progative.
Speaker 7: I stated that she's a communist. You said she is a you know what, let me me. Can I just say one thing.
Speaker 1: A communist, Kim Kim Kim Jong Moon is a communist. Putin is a communist. Kamala harris Is is maybe maybe is a sort of a you know, sort of a quasi Swedish socialist type person. Okay, she's not even as far to the left as Bernie Sanders. Again, Bardie, you know what, I can hear. I can hear viewers clicking off right now because this conversation has gone in a bad direction. Normally it's never had a bad conversation with you before. But I just want to end this one now because maybe maybe Okay, thanks, good night. I'm very sorry, folks, and I mean that seriously. Okay. I want to try to keep the conversation at a level here that is not insulting, and from now on, if people, well, first of all, I will continue to challenge you. It's not from now on, I'll continue to challenge you when you try to slip in comments which you're insulting. Okay, it's insults my audience and insults me and insults my program. It's as simple as that. For those of you who dropped off, I invite you to join back and call back. I'm simply trying to get people to be decent enough to say that when the election is over, they're going to recognize the result. That's all I'm asking for. That's what America is supposed to be about. I'm not here to wave a flag. I'm not here to tell you to fly a flag. I'm not telling you not to fly a flag. But if we do not come together as a country and turn around, whoever's elected again, whether it's Trump or Harris, whoever's elected, that person is the president of the United States. And you have people on the far into one spectrum and on the far end of the other of the spectrum of the right, far right and far left who are dividing us. And it's up to people of goodwill to say, guess what candidate lost, but guess what maybe four years from candidate will win. I'm appalled by some of the response tonight, and I'm appalled by Marty's comments too, And I'm frustrated right now, I'm really frustrated that I'm trying to have a conversation with you and with my audience, and my audience is disappointing right now, disappointing me right now. I hope some of you out there will understand and tune into what I'm saying, because if we don't smarten up as a country, we can lose this country. We can lose it. And if you think, if you have kids, who you have grandchildren, you've got a responsibility to say, hey, look this is the way it's done. I've lived under democratic presidents, I've lived on the Republican presidents, and I will live under whoever's elected. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna restart this baby right now. Let me go to Ann in San Antonio and you are next on night Side.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Hi, Dan, Nice to hear your voice.
Speaker 1: Great to hear you.
Speaker 8: And I would like to say I would absolutely support whomever get selected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a mere acknowledgment, an acceptance, because you're gonna have people who are gonna be walking with us, not my president. I don't vote for that bred person, and I think it just divides us. Thank you, Anne. I know that I know that you are going to vote. I have no idea who you're gonna vote for, but I think what what you're saying is is what I'm hoping people will say. I don't want to force people to say it. I would hope out of you, you know, the people, that enough people would would come.
Speaker 8: To that concise the goodness of my heart and the love of country. Yeah, the love of country. You're absolutely right that we will lose this country.
Speaker 9: I grew up.
Speaker 1: Jusets the first and you said, and you said, you grew up where.
Speaker 8: I grew up in Massachusetts, a Kennedy Democrat. And the first time I cast a vote was an absentee ballot ballot we lived in Germany, and uh was for President Clinton. I was a registered independent, yeh, and registered that way so I would have the freedom to vote for whomever I chose.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's the way I'm registered too.
Speaker 8: Yeah. And I led a good life with volunteerism.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 8: Just loving this country. And I am voting for Trump because I feel he's the same. The the insults that do come from the left are beyond, and it has broken up and created a lot of rancor within families. And it's very sad.
Speaker 1: And I think there's been a lot of insults coming from both sides. I mean, look, you know when Donald Trump says Harris is a low IQ person, I mean that's first of all.
Speaker 8: I do true have that kind of from anybody.
Speaker 1: And and it's like, yeah, I understand, you know, they have different policies. I get it, I totally get it. I just think that that that you're big enough and you love the country enough to say that, hey, we don't want to lose the country. That's what my concern is that we might be sitting here ten years from I'll say we really blew it, you know that's I hope we don't. I hope we don't.
Speaker 8: Well we did when we took the civics out of our school Well.
Speaker 1: I think that's right, and I think it's important to fight to get civics back in schools. I couldn't agree with you more than that. I couldn't agree with you more on that because I think the too many kids today don't understand what the history of the country is, and and and what what what how fortunate we are to live in this country, that's all. And he look, we've had it's been a tough election. I get it. Let's see how it works out. But I just think that the for the sake of the country. I have no idea who's gonna win, but for the sake of the country, we need to we need to put some of this behind us. We don't. And I had people on both sides tonight, on the left and the right who told me that they're not going to support or whatever or that, you know, they they they phrase it differently, and and and thank you for your call. And I appreciate your your support. All right, thanks so much. Thanks good idean. Here we're going to go next to Terry's in Peebty, a little closer to home. Terry next on Nisaga right ahead.
Speaker 4: Hi, Van, Yeah, it's Terry.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 4: And I just want to thank you. And I just want to say your last caller is so correct. In my mid to late sixties, I was born a Democrat Kennedy in Massachusetts. My parents totally Democrats, and they're eighty nine and ninety and they're Republicans now. They just feel like it's a different world. They are trompsters, which I thought would never ever ever happen. Okay, my brother almost was named Ted Kennedy my last name. Okay, that's how my parents were crazy Kennedy people.
Speaker 9: But I was.
Speaker 4: But I was brought up in the politics world that I respected my president. So no, I don't want Kamala Pallas as president. I feel like she was in there and the reason I went wasn't vote for her is because she had her time and she didn't do it much for me and unfortunate, and I think she saw what was happening with Joe and she did nothing about it, and that's disgraceful. What they actually kicked him out of what he you know, it's the poor general, that poor man. But he was my president even though it was Trump, and I respected him because that's the way I was brought up, Okay, and I believe that's what this in this country. And as much as I wouldn't want to respect her, I would have to.
Speaker 1: I think that Kamala Harris, Kamala Harris is in a tough spot on that question. I think that she should answered. But if she said, oh yeah, I recognized that he had problems then they're going to say, well, how come you didn't say something? And I think this is a way to answer the question honestly and say, look, I was his vice president and we had every you know, he had good days and bad days, and she could that. There's a way to answer that question in my opinion.
Speaker 4: But I also want to get on the topic of Sean O'Brien and the teamsteras because I have people in my family of the Teamsters, and I think he was brilliant to be honest with you because what he was saying is to what.
Speaker 1: You want exactly, that's exactly what.
Speaker 4: And I thought it was a brilliant he didn't Yeah, I thought he was very smart to do that. And I think the Democrats he's a politician, that's what he did not to.
Speaker 1: Allow him not the Democrats were not smart, in my opinion, to not invite him to their convention. They were offensive. Yeah, that's true, but it's just become it's become high stakes poker. And I h yeah, I hope we can. We can move past it whatever this election occurs, and.
Speaker 4: Me too, we need we need move forward as a country. This it's ridiculous. I mean, I have grandchildren, and I'm afraid for them to be honest with you, Terry.
Speaker 1: I love your call it. I hope you call more often.
Speaker 4: All Right, Thanks Dan, you do a wonderful job.
Speaker 1: Thanks Terry, I appreciate very much, appreciate your support. A great night, goodness. All right, we're going to keep it going. The only lines that open is one at six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty and one at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I don't care if you're a Democrat, Republican, unenrolled, independent, whatever, green, libertarian. We will elect that president next week. I hope, I hope. I hope it doesn't end up in litigation. I hope that everybody can concur that president has been elected, maybe decisively, and we can support that president at least acknowledge the president is elected at a minimum, at a minimum, and get away from the theories, well he's not ry president because I didn't vote for him. That's not the way it works in a democracy. Okay, A lot of people aren't going to vote for the person who doesn't get elected. Back on Nightside after this newsbreak.
Speaker 2: You're on night Side with Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, back we go to the phones. We are going to John and Drake.
Speaker 8: It next.
Speaker 1: John, You're next on Nightside.
Speaker 6: Welcome, sir, Hey Dan.
Speaker 9: That gentleman that was on the Former Police said he was.
Speaker 5: Kind of losing his mind. But I've heard him before, you know, a little disconnected from being you know, you're going to be in the right frame of mind to be on your show.
Speaker 1: I guess, I just I mean, I've had him before, and I just thought that he was trying to throw some things in tonight which were irrelevant and yeah and racist frankly, and you know, I hate you use that. I think I don't care. You know, the phrase oriental is long out of vogue, Okay, right right ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just it's unbelievable. I mean, look, this is the thing. I mean, let's just face it. The election's coming up, as we already know. I can't see anything out of the ordinary other than what I saw last night, which wasn't out of the ordinary. It was unbelievable what he did in Madison Square. God, I have said this to you before in sixteen, and I said this lost election, but I didn't know what the results would be, and I always said I would back my president as a US Navy CB veteran. That's where I stand as a veteran like yourself. And I'll tell you something. I would never in my life go against my president. And I'll say he or she is not my president. Would never do it, never do it. So there's a number of people on there, including a lot of friends. Never mentioned the names on radio because it's to protect the innocent. Now, a gentleman who's a friend of mine, he's also an attorney, and he's he is just always on the attack, always on the attack, always posting stuff about Trump, and always posting stuff that's always about, you know, the downside of it and the negativity and the way he does things and bupah by and he's erased people from his page because he doesn't want to hear their opinion, he doesn't want to hear their narrative based on what he's talking about, how he's putting it forward. And I think that's ridiculous that we all can't come to reason with the fact that you do it every day, Dan, you do it every day on your radio show.
Speaker 1: Te Well.
Speaker 9: You take the person's constructive opinion and you let them speak, and you also give your own this is what life is all about. This is about being heard. It's about what we do as people.
Speaker 1: And I'm sticking and I couldn't do this if I lived in a lot of countries around the world, if I lived in Venezuela, or if I lived in China, I couldn't do this.
Speaker 9: I know, absolutely not. So my point is is that I feel like he wins the electoral College just for the record, and that she loses based on her experience after four years. Absolutely, and I hate to say it doing nothing, absolutely nothing, but that's my opinion. And if he does lose, I want him to take the fact that he lost.
Speaker 5: I hope that.
Speaker 9: He does that this time. I hope that he concedes when it's supposed to be done.
Speaker 5: Well, No, normally.
Speaker 1: The irony here is that if he had been more gracious in defeat in twenty twenty, yeah, there'd be no question that he would be elected.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I think that that's absolutely an event.
Speaker 1: Did he tell people, in my opinion, go to the Capitol and I break windows. No, I don't think so. But I think that summoning those people to Washington stopped this. I feel in all of the language that that set the circumstances in motion, so exactly.
Speaker 9: And I have to say this real quick, or let's you get onto the call is.
Speaker 5: Look it. If he wins, If he wins, he wins by a very small margin, not by the electoral callers, but by the electoral calls. Obviously it could that would have to be, you know, a relatively considerable number. I mean for me to say, I know what the states are he's going to win, and I know where they are exactly because I study this stuff religiously. I hate to say it, but I think he loses by the popular vote, but not less than five hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see, we'll see what counts to be interesting vote. And if people don't understand it, they need to take a course in civics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, And I hope it comes back to our schools and it enlightens children on what this is all about.
Speaker 1: You got it, You got it, John, I appreciate your call very much.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, all right, let.
Speaker 1: Me keep rolling here. We're going to go next to Dan is up in Hampton, New Hampshire. Dan next on Nightsigger, right.
Speaker 12: Ahead, Yes, Stan, Well, you kind of got to my point a bit off your last caller. But four years ago, you had a situation where Donald Trump refused to conceive the election. He said he won, He said he won by a landslide, and people his people believed him. How could those people possibly support Joe Biden when they believed he was a fraud and that Trump should be president.
Speaker 1: Well, if, if, if that is true. There were people who probably did believe that that there was some sort of Shenanigan's afoot, but those the claims were never proven. As a matter of fact, there was never a court decision that showed there was significant fraud in any of the states. And I think that most of the I would hope that most of the Trump supporters in twenty twenty realized that he had indeed lost, despite all of his protestations to the contrary. And I would hope that if he were to lose again, that we would see no repeat of the claims that were not proven, and that obviously there would be no problem with the transition of power from Biden to Harris. But I would hope that Trump would would basically take the loss and move on with the rest of his life. If conversely, he were to win, I would hope that the Democrats would be bigger than he was, and say, Okay, you know he lost in twenty twenty, and he won somehow, some way in twenty twenty four, and let's let's be done with it and let's move on.
Speaker 12: I hope so too, Dan, But I don't believe he's going to do that. I believe he's going to do the same thing again. And there is still and you could, yes, all, there was no proof he tried it was succeed.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me ask you. Let's let's assume. Let's assume Trump wins in the electoral College or whatever. Okay, will you acknowledge that he won if he if he won, yes, well, will you say I cannot acknowledge him because he refused to acknowledge Biden in twenty twenty.
Speaker 12: I will go I will go back to exactly what al Gore said after the Supreme Court made the decision in two thousand. I would strongly disagree, but I would accept it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, yeah, well again, I think that al Gore, at at that moment in time, did what was best for the country. Gore lost by five and twenty seven votes in one state.
Speaker 13: Maybe maybe, well, I mean, well, you could say maybe, but under the system that we have, the Supreme Court ordered that the vote count stop, okay.
Speaker 1: And unfortunate, fortunately or unfortunately, that's the system we have now. If Gore had carried his home state of Tennessee, or if he had carried the state of his if he carried Arkansas, he would he would have been the president of the United States. But there has to come a point in time, just as with Trump's situation, there came a point in time, and it was when in early December when the electors met in the various states and declared that he had won. And the whole old thing on January sixth never should have happened. He never should have assembled that never should have invited those people to come to Washington, stop to steal.
Speaker 12: You know that, And I know that absolutely, you know absolutely Trump is going to continue to be Trump. I don't ever, I don't see him change. And I didn't, you know, I didn't was not a bit surprised that he did not concede. I was. I was saying that to p beforehand. He won't concede, He'll never admit he lost, and he won't do it this time either.
Speaker 1: Dan, Well, let's see who wins, and I just hope that we as a country can somehow come together, because if we don't, I mean, let's let's just throw the country. Let's just flush the country down the toilet. You know, let's let's every let's every election, the half of the country that loses, you know, go out and demonstrate and scream and yell and whatever. We'll flush the country. We'll flush the country down the toilet.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, we do have to have the peaceful change exchange of power, which we did not have despite what he says, And well it wasn't.
Speaker 1: There wasn't no, no, in fact, it was. It wasn't peaceful, but there was a transition to power. The person who won the election was inaugurated President Joe Biden. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Was you know, but but Trump should have been there, just just like you can go back Richard Nixon was there when Kenadeday got inaugurated.
Speaker 1: Over there, They all were there. Carter was there when Reagan was elected, Bush was there, Bush was there when Clinton was elected.
Speaker 12: Absolutely everyone everyone necks to everyone except Trump, right, So people and there and despite what you say, Dan, all those court cases and everything else. He is still say he won the election.
Speaker 1: I know he's saying that. I know he I know he believes that. What I'm saying is the question then, is okay.
Speaker 12: If he really if he really think you really think he believes that, Pam, that he won?
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely absolutely, I disagree with you.
Speaker 12: There. It was like Chris Christen the second.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna try to get into Donald Trump's head.
Speaker 5: You got there, okay, Okay, all right, I gotta run.
Speaker 1: I'm pass by break. Thanks. Dan has always talk. You're gonna get everybody in. Jane, Dallas and Steve. You're coming up. We got only only lines that are open are six, one, seven thirty. Coming right back on the night side.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan ray My from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a sprint to the finish. Let's go to Jane in New Hampshire. Jane go right ahead, you're next on night Side.
Speaker 10: Hi, it's James.
Speaker 6: How you doing, James?
Speaker 1: How are you? For some reason? My guy has here. Jane.
Speaker 6: It's James right.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think it's all right. Come on, it's James, not James. Go ahead, James, Sorry.
Speaker 10: That's all right, I'm not offended, and said, hey, listen, I just wanted to touch me. So this is the third time I've listened to you, second time i've called you.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: I called you a couple of weeks ago. I told you I worked in a major hospital system and the things that I've seen down there would plow your mind. I don't hear, remember, but anyway, Okay, so I just wanted to touch me. So I think there's a whole thing that we're not looking at here, we're not singing for. I told you I grew up in Los Angeles, just outside of LA Right, I'm a fifty five year old man.
Speaker 6: Now I've lived in the MSH for quite a while now.
Speaker 10: But anyways, growing up out in California, my dad had his house for thirty five years, and every election season he would have several people come to his house, knock on his door and want their balance, want their mail in balance. And these are not legal citizens. The area that I was at was not there was the majority, believe it or not or not from the United States.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a whole.
Speaker 10: Problem with that. Like, I literally think that the federal government, I know they don't handle things very well, but I think you need to have a real id to vote. And when I say a real idea, real idea, not that I happened.
Speaker 1: I happen to agree with you. Okay, I happen to agree with you. But all what I was saying before is that no matter all of the protestations that Donald Trump and the Republicans made in twenty twenty, they never proved anything. It is one thing to say, oh, I found a guy, one guy in California who voted illegally, but that's not enough for a judge to say, we're gonna consider the entire elect You know what I'm saying or not.
Speaker 10: I understand what're saying, and I totally agree with what you're saying. However, I remember seeing do you remember seeing the video of them kicking all the Republican and Democratic watchers out? Do you remember that? I can't remember what county it was?
Speaker 11: Would happen?
Speaker 1: I think I think I think the video that you're referred to was Philadelphia. But again with litigated.
Speaker 10: His suitcases underneath, well.
Speaker 1: Well that that was that was debunked. That was debunked. Okay, I guarantee you that was debunked. There were efforts where people were blocked from seeing the counting and all, but there was no proof Trump Trump had a team of lays. It's over. Twenty twenty is over. Think about twenty twenty four. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 10: I understand that. But do understand that we have a major problem in this country with people not here illegally that are voting. It's happening.
Speaker 1: I know we have a problem with people here who are here illegally, Okay, but I have not seen any proof that they are voting. It's one thing to suspect it. It's one thing maybe even to believe it. But you got to it, That's all I'm saying, James James, Right.
Speaker 10: And growing up in Los Angeles, like I just told you, they would always show up at my dad's house wanting their ballance, their mail and ballance. All right, so this is happening, I'm telling Tom.
Speaker 1: Fair enough. Okay, Well again, you know you saw this in your dad's house in what year.
Speaker 9: It was?
Speaker 10: He owned the house for thirty five years. It was probably the last ten.
Speaker 1: Anyways, he died, right, James, James, Again, it's anecdotal. I'm sorry. It doesn't hold water in terms of a court of law. I got to keep rolling here, man, I got three other folks that want it right.
Speaker 10: There is why people get so irritated and so upset.
Speaker 1: Yep, I hear you. But it's time to cut. For everyone to calm down. Okay, got to go. Thank you, Dallas in Ohio. Dallas, go right ahead, Glad you got through, Dallas.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, sir, Yes, how you doing?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 14: The Hello?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 14: The hello boss? And I want to make this. I want to make this statement. You know united, we stand, did we fall? We read unity in this We need unity in this nation for the sake of democracy.
Speaker 1: I'm with you and then totally with you whoever.
Speaker 14: So whoever gets in next Tuesday, we just we have to suck it up and support him.
Speaker 1: Play that got up, buttercup. That's that should be our slogan.
Speaker 14: Okay, that's all I got to say.
Speaker 1: Dan, all right, Dallas, thank you, man, appreciate it, great call. Thank you, very well, very well done, very well done. All Right, we've got to get two in here. Dean in Gloucester. You gotta be quick so I get Steve in as well.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Dean, Hey, damn.
Speaker 11: Thanks takes a call. I wanted to bring this up. I remember when Trump was inaugurated, and I remember mostly Elizabeth Warren boycotting it, and it was weird. You know, It's Trump never even did anything to hum, but from that day they just started like call him. You know what they've been doing is a criminal or what else?
Speaker 1: I mean, Look, Elizabeth Warren is so far left, she's irrelevant. Okay, she's irrelevant.
Speaker 11: And is this why why I don't think Trump has to show them any respect that they didn't, they didn't call him the president.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, look Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton claimed that she had that she had won two as well, and she hadn't won. Maybe Donald if Donald Trump would to win, maybe he could. Maybe if Donald Trump wins, he can sort of be a bigger man. I don't know.
Speaker 11: I don't know, no, because when I think, I really do, I really think that. I think because of the COVID some things up. But you're right, I'm agreeing with you. They never pulled. It's almost like, uh, you know, people claiming that there's ex terrestrials, you just haven't shun the proof of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's probably more proof of right, you gotta hey, Dan, I got to run here. I want to get one more And he's been waiting for twenty four minutes. Thanks Dean, Stephen Bridgewater. What have we got for time here? Give to me quickly, Dan, two minutes? Okay, Steve, go ahead, we got a minute at least. Good.
Speaker 6: If Toma gets elected, I would have no choice but to accept her is my president. But it would be very hard for me to stand behind her because I know enough about her to know.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you have to stand behind anybody. I'm not saying you have to change your point of view. I'm just saying what you said. She gets elected, she's the president, Okay, that's all. And give her a chance to pull a cabinet together, give her a chance to give it an Augurlar address, give her a chance to make a few decisions, and then as she makes your decisions, criticize away.
Speaker 5: No, right, but exactly, I just.
Speaker 1: Don't want to see demonstrations in the streets of Washington whoever wins.
Speaker 6: No, that's well all I'm saying, No, no to waste the time anyway. When the wings wings, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like it to be as decisive as possible, so that so that fewer people if it's if it's one of these that's decided at the last uh you know, by five thousand votes or something, it's gonna be horrible. It's horrible. I just will have Yeah. Okay, Well, Steve, I appreciate you taking the time, and I know you called late and you waited a long time. But but you're a voice of reason tonight. So not everybody sees it this way, but it's it was a good sample of a view points. Thanks Steve, talk to you soon, all right. Dan, good job tonight. Uh how'd you how'd you get Jane? But it was James, come on, oh man. All right, that's when no one ever does a perfect show. Me included. So thanks very much. We'll be see you again tomorrow night. My my producer, Dan Cantano, Rob is off this week. You'll be back on Monday night. I'll I'll be back tomorrow night. I'll be on Facebook in just a moment, nightside with Dan Ray. Feel free, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's mind pal Charlie Rays, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's all your pets are who have passed. They loved you when you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope see again tomorrow night on Nightside. Please tell your friends about Nightside. Everyone coming back tomorrow night. Have a great Tuesday. Everybody,