Speaker 1: All right, everyone, I gotta answer you guys.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'm going to feedback.
Speaker 3: I hear myself with sound all right, yeah, now I was hearing the back of my headphones.
Speaker 4: It should be sounds good. Now, Uh the intro? Did they intro? Like I said, it never shows the way you should plays?
Speaker 2: Look like you played through good that time?
Speaker 4: Did it went all the way through?
Speaker 2: Okay? It don't look like it did any duplicating like the last time.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, you know, I don't know why it does that.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to look into that a little by little, and then you know, from what I've looked up before, it's usually have this too much going on on your device, somebody that has an inference streaming, So I try to make sure I clear everything out, make sure there's no open windows and nothing like that whatsoever.
Speaker 4: So all right, okay, BEFL, let's keep the chat open here.
Speaker 3: Uh all right, Hey, anybody on the child a live chat, Hey, welcome a board.
Speaker 4: If you're not in live chat, hey, come on over. Uh we're live right here on YouTube.
Speaker 3: If you're watching on YouTube, of course, I've been doing this on Facebook, but I'm actually not I'm trying to keep people focused more on the YouTube.
Speaker 2: Side of things.
Speaker 4: Uh, if you're not subscribed to this channel, hey, if you want to stay up to date, if you want to get the notifications, click subscribe and that little bell icon.
Speaker 3: Because I promise you it's not going to cost you a thing. It's free to subscribe. Uh you'll, you'll, you'll.
Speaker 4: Just get notifications every time we go live.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, David, I'm glad you guys agreed to do this when I ask you about this tonight, because you know, with the snow that we got this weekend. Uh, you know, I haven't been able to go nowhere and it's been boring.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, I really want to do a podcast, so let me see what. So, Yeah, here we are.
Speaker 2: We're glad to be here. I mean, we didn't have nothing to do anyway. She gets another day off tomorrow, able to work.
Speaker 5: I didn't get to work today or tomorrow because of the weather.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the same situation I'm in.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, my boss he didn't come out and tell me, but the way he made it sound like.
Speaker 4: He didn't even get into work today. I don't know if anyone made it in or not.
Speaker 6: But my boss said that, you know, not to worry about coming into work.
Speaker 4: So yeah, all that.
Speaker 3: Wow, But yeah, I mean, I mean there's not much you can do when you're stuck at home.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 3: I mean, I try not to eat up with food we have here, because I mean, we got plenty of it, but it's just you get so bored.
Speaker 4: I just turned to eating sometimes. I know it's a bad have it.
Speaker 6: I got to have a little fun.
Speaker 5: I managed to get my truck out of our driveway on the main road. They trying to tell me how to do it, but I had fun getting up and over that big mess that b Doc created for us at the edge of our driveway.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny said that. I've heard other people talk about in some of the other local groups. That's Vita or whoever has been plowing some of the streets around Stanton or whatever, the side streets. Yeah, they basically formed a three to four foot wall up against the embankments of the houses and the properties and even blocking off some of the driveways. So, I mean some of the that's what I've read on some of the posts.
Speaker 2: So well, yeah, they do that to all the driveways down here where we live. I mean, I mean, what else can they do? They got to get the main street players right exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, that's all you have to do is to shovel out a small opening to get to that.
Speaker 4: You know what they plowed.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the key. Small opening. We don't have a small opening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 3: While we're early into this podcast, I do want to remind everybody we do have some other upcoming live podcasts coming up.
Speaker 4: This week.
Speaker 3: We have two guests back to back January thirtieth and January thirty first. Friday the thirtieth, we have Ronald Murphy, you will be joining us live. Then on the thirty first Saturday, we have another guest, Kevin less Starge. I don't know if some pronounces any rate and maybe I believe it's less less Starge or less Stargie. I don't know, but anyway, Kevin will be joining us. Kevin less Starge.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna just say go with that. I'll find out this weekend when we talked to him.
Speaker 3: So yeah, both of these will both it's all bigfoot podcasts. They do have some experience and some research involving other cryptids and paranormal so we'll get into all that that should be interested in what they haven't share.
Speaker 4: So again, Friday night eight pm.
Speaker 3: Now Saturday will be nine pm. I didn't mind doing nine pm for Kevin, because you know, he's got little ones. He tries to get the bed at a certain time, so I wanted to give him some time to do that. So he was willing to work with whatever, but I said, I don't mind doing nine pms, especially on Saturdays, because we get listeners and people tuning in from the West Coast and there's what three hours behind us, So because the later we start something, the better off it is for the people in the West Coast.
Speaker 4: So I try to keep that in mind sometimes, but I usually, again Friday nights, I aim for eight pm because it's convenient for me. My grandson's usually in bed by that time, so it tends.
Speaker 2: To work out.
Speaker 4: So this is a couple of things we'll get into. The first, Well, we're gonna we welcome questions tonight. We want to do a Q and A.
Speaker 3: We want to give you guys the opportunity to ask questions at any point in time tonight. I believe it's going to be very random, but I do have a couple of things I wrote down. Uh, I think the start off with one of the things I've written down. I'm gonna, I guess I'm gonna put.
Speaker 4: David and Wlissa on the spot to start off with. Let's see now, yeah, let's get into this.
Speaker 3: You know, we've been doing bigfoot research together for you know, you guys have been joining me for the last five plus years. You know, you guys have been involved with more with the paranormal side of things, and you've gotten involved and been doing the big foot thing with me. Now, I know neither one of you guys have witness was seeing a bigfoot. However, I do want to ask you guys, what's your take on bigfoot? I mean, how do you guys view bigfoot? You know, just to kind of throw a few things out there, what's your belief system when.
Speaker 4: It comes to big foot?
Speaker 2: So if i'll give.
Speaker 3: You I'll start off with those few questions and cand of give you guys something to kind of.
Speaker 2: First tonight.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I think big Hood, even though I've never seen anym or anything, I believe he is some sort of a primate with humanoid characteristics.
Speaker 6: I believe they have a whole family just like we do.
Speaker 5: They have families, they have children and their.
Speaker 6: Elders and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I believe that, And just because we haven't seen him doesn't mean they don't exist. But you know, that's one of the things we do when we go out in the woods, you know, we get off of the beaten path and we go out and we look for clues for evidence, and we try to document it the best we can, and we try to first rule out if it's you know, made by humans that may have been hiking in the area.
Speaker 6: We try to rule out.
Speaker 5: If if it's weather related, or if it's another animal, you know, a wild creature that lives in the woods, you know, bear, deer, you know everything. You may have hummingbirds that live in the woods. A lot of people don't.
Speaker 6: Realize that, but they do.
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's just that's my belief on I believe it is true. I believe they do spend a lot of time observing us. I believe they they are more comfortable with us than what we probably realize that they are, because they.
Speaker 6: Do watch us, they mimic us.
Speaker 5: People often ask, and how come you don't see a bigfoot body?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: How come you don't ever find a dead Okay, same thing? How come you rarely see dead wildlife except for maybe deer?
Speaker 2: Where are the bear? You know?
Speaker 5: Where are the mountain lions and the bobcats? How come you don't see them? You know a lot of them?
Speaker 4: Are you know?
Speaker 5: The Their bodies are buried by nature themselves, but by the leaves, by storms, stuff like that. Others are picked off by predators. They're trying to eat nature at its finess taking care of itself.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, my take on it's almost like hers. But taking into account of history, going back decades, centuries of the reports, you can't dismiss everything. I mean to me, there's still a lot of questions. I think they're out there. Uh, but I can't say if you've got to have a breeding population, you got to. But yet you can't put a number on how many it would actually be, obviously, Uh. I always question do they travel as a family unit stay as a family unit? We can't answer that. Are they more like a lot of your your larger lions to where you might get a breeding pair until the female has the young one, and then the male goes off on his own. Female raises the young one. We don't have those answers. We can only speculate. And I'm not going to go on to limb and say if this is this, and this is this and this is it. We don't know. Do they migrate? We don't my mind, we don't know. You got to look at the areas as far as geographical location, food supply. Maybe they don't need the nourishment that we do. Maybe they could get by longer without it, you know, like your bears and everything else during the wintertime. There's so many unanswered questions out there. There are a lot of people trying to come up with but nobody, nobody can pinpoint exactly what is going on. Other than you do have your sightings. You do have those for misidentification, obviously you do. You got the pranksters out there, Yes, you got the panksters, but then you got other evidence like the cast that you have, the cast that other people have. Those can be pranked. But I can't. I can't believe one hundred percent of them are faint. It just don't make any sense to me. I can't believe that over the centuries, probably several million people has reported accounts of seeing them, maybe even some interactions to where you're just going to dismiss them as all being looming. I can't believe that. It's just like the paranormal side. We've been interested in all of this from the cryptocide of paranormals all over life. It's just until recently we've had the time to actually start and delving at it, big foot on your side, and then we had no intent for the paranormal to be drawn into it to the last couple of capouts. So we're not gonna go We've gone over that enough already. Uh So, now that just raises more questions out if they're out there, Are they're just fleshing blood? M h Are they controlled by other entities? Yeah?
Speaker 4: These are good thoughts, good good questions.
Speaker 2: You just you just can't nobody can Nobody can say. But you can't dismiss everything that's going on, especially when you've got centuries of reports, and not only here in the US with indigenous people and the Native Americans, but in other parts of the world, and from the Himalayas to the uh Force here in the US, and I think some in Europe. Uh Now, one thing I don't know is I don't know if there's been any report around any tropical zones or not. I don't know if you know anything about like central South America has has there been reports? I know we got the Skunk Cape in Florida, but does that extend down into the tropical areas? Are they just strictly in the northern hemisphere, northern North America where we are maybe over in European places like getting Himalayas. Uh, I don't have those answers on that. I've really not even looked into that aspect because we're too involved looking where we are now just in our area for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so real quick, I don't know the name of it off the top of my head. However, down in South America, I want to say, close to Brazil, the jungle surrounding Brazil. Are you know down around those regions of South America? They do have a bigfoot legend down there. However, off the top of my head, I'm not going to try to look it up on my.
Speaker 4: Phone real quick. But uh, they do have something down there, I know.
Speaker 2: That much so.
Speaker 3: But Uh, there's been there's been search expeditions. There was one individual he's actually gone. I learned some of some of the information based off of what have I watched on this one show. I was actually came across it, not really all that long ago, but I was surprised to see that they do have a big foot legend down there. And again I can't think of it off the top of my head, but somebody on the live chat maybe they know of the name or look it up. I even heard things about Mexico.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, you know, yeah, I mean, but those are the areas you don't really focus on or hear too much about. I mean Texas, look at Texas.
Speaker 3: Texas has a lot of reports, a lot of interesting things, even a lot of history of or people finding fossilized dinosaur tracks and other things in some of the river beds the stream bed So it is interesting what you learn about some of the areas the United States.
Speaker 2: Texas.
Speaker 3: Another thing about Texas, I came across this some years ago. Well, they had actually found uh small, I will say small, but remains of primates out in the desert. You know, I mean, were these pets? Were these where these primates? Something that once.
Speaker 4: Suggested down in these years.
Speaker 3: I mean, Texas on the most part is a very warm, warm climate, so it's not so far fetched, you know, just like like one of the things we brought up in one of the podcasts before, there's been tropical plants from warm climates found up in the northern you know, uh like north I can't think I just lost my training five way up the yeah, up there in the extreme cold, you know climates.
Speaker 4: So you know, people, you know, you have to ask how did they get up that way?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the same thing with a lot of the plants that were found down in Florida.
Speaker 4: A lot of people believe are there is theory that you know, a lot of plants floated.
Speaker 3: There and over a period of time they got you know, used by the natives and people put them there and or whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: I guess that's something for another topic, you know. But it's just things you hear about, and you know, any game you wonder because you know, are these plants.
Speaker 2: Native here or whatnot?
Speaker 4: I mean. And of course my life that I have here, it's not fully charged like I had it anyway. Yeah, there's a lot of things we could think about, a lot of things we could consider. Well, let's job, let's kind of.
Speaker 2: On that one more last thing on that is providing they're out there. They're not stupid. There's I believe there's smarter than what most people give them credit for. That's why we don't have the encounters open encounters. Besides, you know, people seeing them. Except for the past where the Native Americans said they actually used they used to interact with them until one story I heard was they used to interact with them several hundred years ago. I don't know the timeframe and to where they'd exchanged stuff. And then but during one of the interactions, supposedly one of the younger Bigfoot accidentally killed a Native American boy playing and at that point it's when more of a separation took place as far as really not mingling together after that point. That's one of the stories I've heard from the past. But I think that they're smarter than what you give credit for, providing they're out there because you know the elephants, and they may not be the only one when they know when they're going to die pass on. They have elephant buried, not burial grounds, but they've got grounds where elephants know where to migrate to when they finally pass Maybe the same thing with them, Maybe they go under ground. You know who knows.
Speaker 5: Their ancestral burial There you go, they migrate back to when it's time for them.
Speaker 2: You do think every now and then, I'm proud of you. That's what I was. I was trying to come up with a sister of burial grounds to where uh all animals have that, you know that they know where to go when one time of the year and stuff like that. As far as it's bread into them over time and what not. I think they're a lots smarter than what people give them credit for. They do observice. I feel I've always every now and that. I asked William Nighthag, I said, what came first? The tree structure or the tepee? Did the Indians come up with the tpu TP first and the Bigfoot mimic that? Or did the Bigfoot make the you know, the tree structures TP form and then the Indias started to mimic it from them? You know what came first? The chicken or the eight you know? I mean that was just something that was just messing with William about something like that, right, But it's uh, it's interesting, smart what what what? What we're give them for? And maybe they don't have the same metabolism we do. That they don't need to eat so many pounds of food today to stay a lot and stuff like that. We you know, we don't know they might be able to go one or two months without food. Realistically, we don't know. We forget about their body size and mass. We don't know what their tabolism is, like that's right, we don't have one to study. So that's why I always question, didn't migrate? Maybe they don't. Maybe they able to survive where they're at until things start coming back around. I mean those are answers. You know, we're all trying to strive forward when we're they're doing a research and looking.
Speaker 4: For absolutely uh yeah, there's you know, some of the things you brought up with things I used to love to talk and discuss, you know, because I've always considered.
Speaker 3: You know, one of the things you mentioned real quick, I'll bring it up is, you know a lot of the reports, so we hear that they're big and massively.
Speaker 4: So you're like, okay, in order for them for five, they must have to have a.
Speaker 3: Lot, you know, a big calorie intake. You know, like for us, what what is the for average human? What they say is for human like two thousand calories per day roughly is what we need about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I don't know. I mean, I don't know if we'll always get to the many calories in the daytime. But I mean, I guess it depends on if you're really.
Speaker 2: Paying attention to what you eat. But all different mentalities. Look at the snake. Snakes goes a couple of three months without even eating has meal and go to a three months. Of course they don't move around much, don't get me wrong, right, but we don't know what what metabolism they would have. It may be a slow metabolism to where they don't need to consume as much as often as we would, or a dog or anything like that. But there's animals out there that they could go extend the amounts of time without consuming a lot of food. Water. Yeah, that's a given fact, you know, as far as that.
Speaker 5: But I believe they are omnivores. I believe they eat both, you know, plant and meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah that makes sense because I mean, you know, I mean both sources are available, so I mean, you know, maybe they enjoy one bore or the other, or versus certain times of the year, one's more available than the other anyways, or easier access.
Speaker 2: And then language, I mean you got to share sounds and other recordings of stuff like that. If there's if there's the smartest I think they should be, they would have language. I just wish we had more even thans of it. Even though there's stuff out there that people can't pinpoints, even people that are experts in the electric sound electronics and stuff like that, they can't say what it is. But the case say what it isn't everything they compared either hair samples or those sound recordings from there's nothing known in their database to be able to compare it to now fascinating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you talk about sounds and everything, uh, based off of our time out in the woods camping, you know, and exploring and everything. Uh, do you guys recall hearing anything that you guys possibly could not you know, like as far as some of the sounds we've always heard out there, because there's been times where you may have heard things and I didn't.
Speaker 4: Is there anything that you guys may have heard that you can't identify or that you still wonder about?
Speaker 2: For me, not enough to where it would really raise a big suspicion. I mean like I told you, I mentioned the other night you thought you heard that one sound off of the distance. I was able to pull it off of my cam because she had recorded that, but I had to eight times the volume of the sound where you could off of the distance here like a sort of drawn out I want to say whoop, but you really can't say a whoop. It was just it's hard to describe on that. But again with a distance it was that. Could it have been a howl from a dog, absolutely, but I can't say it was or wasn't it be just something they call your attention. I just happened to catch while she was recording. I did get some either some pretty good rock clangs or a tree knock a couple of times when we were out camping, which I got on audio. I do have other things on audio that just sounds weird. But again, one thing I'm going to start doing if I go out set a recorder overnight, because I find it frustrating where I get these weird sounds on the auto recorder. That's all I got. So when spring gets here, I'm going to order me two more of my trail camps, and I like it's got to sound with it. Oh yeah, for every whenever I put out an audio recorder overnight, I'm going to pair that with a trail camp about ten to twenty yards away from it. That way, if something comes up by the mic, as from what I've kept it in the past, I will be able to catch catch something on the trail camp, because I now I hate getting stuff on audio that you want to think it's something? Isn't an animal? Is it not? What is a breathing by it? Is it? Yeah? I want my trail camps. Something was walking behind a trail camp, Yes, that could be a deer. Okay, I'm not going to go off of that cliff and saying something was walking behind it. It had to be a big foot. I can't do that without any proof, but I'm gonna start pairing up my auto recorders with the trail came. That way, if something does come up by the audio recorder, I could get audio and video of something close by, whether it be a bare bigfoot, whatever the case may be. Some of the scratching I finally figured out was one not when I had an audio recorder out, I did not realize that sometimes insects would migrate up around it. And these are on cool nights, and I was wondering, why the heck are they doing that. Well, again, we may not be able to tell much, but the aud recorder when it's running gets a little warm and the heat would draw insects to it, and they were crawling on it, making these scratchy sounds. And I had it on. I pull it up with audio and I could hear it. Well, that was insects on that. But I've got other things not an insect. I don't know what's creating no sounds. So hopefully by pairing them up, I might be able to come up with some more answers with that, one question leads it to another, and you come up with more ideas. And yeah, I might be spending a couple more dollars since you ain't put me onto that yet. I need to get because I want my dedicated trill camps. But when I said that one or two auto recorders, I want to at least have enough to pare them up that way when they overlap. Maybe that leads of creeten, so you know more of what we're doing out there, or at least prove something or prove what it is. Bear another type of animal, whatever the case may be. So if it don't get close enough to the auto recorder, at least I got a trill cam out there for that by kind of without making any sound.
Speaker 6: So see, that's why it's important.
Speaker 5: When you're trying to do your investigation, trying to rule out stuff, because even in a simple little creepy crawley creature can affect your investigation. It can rule something out. Because it's the same way he's talking about the insects with the heat on the mics and stuff, and with the recorders. Well, the same thing happens in the paranormal part where you have your rampods. All it takes is a simple teeny tiny little bug to land on that antenna and.
Speaker 6: It'll set it off.
Speaker 5: But you gotta make sure you rule all of that out before you you know, and you come to a conclusion that you don't know what it is because you've ruled out everything that you can possibly think.
Speaker 2: Of, right, because I proved that one night in the graveyard, and if I hadn't seen it, I mean it was it was. It was almost smaller than a fleet. Everybody knows about how big a flea is. By an insect if I didn't walk up to it to see it land on it, come and fly around, land on it again. Every time they did that land on it, it would cause a rimpod to go off. If I was standing twenty thirty forty yards back and watching it go off, I would think something str to communicate with it. You see where I'm going with that. Now, if you go set up a rimpod, I like to have some kind of camera set on that to rule that aspect out, because remember, we got lizards out there in the woods, we got insects out there in the woods. Anything. If you're not right there by it to be able to rule that out, you can't say what it is now if you got a camera on it to record it when it goes off, if there's nothing around it, and now you may have something to look into, but a lot of people and radio frequencies too. I noticed that with that rimpod when I was back at camp, when you already hiking. Every time I keep that mic, it didn't make the tone go off, but it's set the lights off. Every time I keep my radio, the lights would go off. And that's why I'm to watch on TV. If they got all this electronic equipment around and somebody key something that's going to match one of the frequencies on that rimpod. It's going to start going off. But the viewers aren't going to see that. The investigators may not see it and be misled. You follow what I'm saying, right, It didn't make the tones go off. It just made the lights go off. Now if the tones go off with the lights, now that's gonna be something different because I ruled the lights can be controlled by the radio frequencies, but the tone doesn't. Okay, they got two different aspects aspects aspects aspects to look at on that aspect of it. But again we're getting off the beaten path here on that aspect. But you got to It just goes back to you got to like you always say, you've got to know the known before you look for the unknown or something or whatever phrase you say on that, know the nome before you look for the unknown. Is that what you say?
Speaker 4: So learn, Yeah, learn and know what is known before seeking.
Speaker 2: Yet exactly that's why when you go out with the equipment, know how the equipment works, what to expect from it, what can interfere with it, and some of that is gonna be trialing there. Don't get me wrong, you right off the bat. I mean I found that one bug doing that by mistake, and then the radio frequency keying up the rampod lights by by mistake, by actually being out there doing a research, and during that I've seen what was happening. So you know you're gonna learn that as you go.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you a quick question about that. I mean, just something you would know.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I know there is a sensitivity adjustment.
Speaker 2: Or setting on it.
Speaker 3: You can put it super super sensitive to having it. I mean, how does that work? I mean, and will that place?
Speaker 2: I think Jeremy's has three settings. You got super sensitive and then you could tone it down a little bit to where it takes a lot more to be able to set it off. And he had is on the highest setting for sensitivity. Okay, I did not try the other two. I just observed what I did when it was on the highest sensitivity. I don't have a rampod that belongs to a sun. If we ever get one, or next time I get his, I'm going to try that to see how sincely that is. As far as the radio frequency or something setting it off with the tone and the lights. But I'm gonna have to get my hands on again to be able to play with the settings on that. See one thing that always leads it to another. It never fails. But you want to know, I mean, you can't take everything for granted. You know, now if you start asking questions, you know no radios are going on. You get My viewpoint is if the lights go off, I'm not paying attention to it based on the radio frequency, because how do I know something may not be a mile away like a CB radio transmitting that higher power setting it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if the lights go off and then you have a tone with it, that's going to be different.
Speaker 2: Maybe look at that. If you're asking specific questions now, don't mean you ask a question and then you wait two minutes to get a response. Yeah, how immediate is a response? If you're using one of those voice boxes, whatever message comes across, is it in relation to what you're doing? If it's just stuff coming out of random you're sitting in the woods and they're talking about a cruise ship, no, I'm not gonna listen to that. You can't, you know what I mean. But if it's if specific based on the questions you're asking and how often then you may have something going on there. I believe in the paranormal. We've experienced it. We've got it on recordings, our hair being manipulated a couple of times, things have heard in the past, more than one people saying it, witnessing it. There's things going on that people don't realize what's going on. And now we got involved with you with a bigger foot research. We wasn't going to bring the paranormal into it until this past summer when we started having the experiences we have when the last two campouts. Why we're having that out there now, I have no idea hopefully to continue. We won't know until we go back out there. But we're still big digging up history on the place out there too. We just don't know what's going on as far as why those things happened while we were there, but more than one person witnessed, so it's not a figure of your imagination, right.
Speaker 4: Look, one thing.
Speaker 3: You just mentioned this or you know, digging up the history and everything now, But those who've been following the information that we were sharing about this location, there are foundations, there's remnants the old homestead foundations out there.
Speaker 4: Now, I did a research, you know, on how did I look it up?
Speaker 3: Now this is not pinpoint in this location, but it's just speaking about when I guess I did a research on why are there foundations the old homesteads left in the woods of Virginia, And some of the information I read up would have been there was a number of things.
Speaker 4: One of the things where.
Speaker 3: They may have been old homes to where uh, you know, something to do.
Speaker 4: With the Civil War, Uh, you know, the simple farmers, oh, even moonshiners.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then some of the what were something to do with slavery or slaving people. You know, there were slave homes or something. And why are they you know, why are they not there? I mean it could have been from because so many years ago. A lot of these homes or shacks they were built. Uh they may have started with a stone or a.
Speaker 4: Stone or a a certain type of brick foundation to wear the rest of the home.
Speaker 3: They weren't used with proper wood or you know that was made for a home back then, where they either rotted out decayed over time. Uh, some of them got in some cases, some of them may have got burnt down, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, there was so many different things.
Speaker 3: I can't remember them all, but there was a lot of information on some of the Why there's only foundations of homesteads left in Virginia.
Speaker 2: Well, that's just the foundations you're talking about. Yet you got to keep in mind too, is how many people lived back there that didn't use rocks to build homes with for foundations. That's your Native American history. How many Native Americans living around the area. How many burial grounds are out there that we don't know about. How many people would die and buried out there. We don't know about exactly how many people died out there and wasn't able to be buried because nobody knew they were there, right, I mean all of that. I mean that's I was out metal detecting several years ago at a friend's house and now in the middle of his field, I found a large scent from the seventeen hundreds. It's pretty much obliterated. He really couldn't tell what it was. I couldn't even get all the dates off of them based on the bust of it and everything. I tell it was a large scent. How did that get in that ground? It's at least from the seventeen hundreds. Did somebody die there to fall out somebody's pocket when they were maybe plowing the ground. We don't know. There's so many possibilities out there that we're just gonna keep researching and see what's happening out there. I mean, there may be things out there we don't know about that nobody wants you to know about. I'm not saying government wise, I'm not going to get no conspiracy theories or nothing like that. But if you look at other areas where they could have been out there doing research and sometime maybe I mean I look at the OBL, Kentucky land between the lakes. You evernment came in, ran the people out that didn't want to sell the property to them, and there's old remnants of foundations when the government was used to be back in the OBL back way back in the day. I think it was after early in the twenties or thirties or something like that. People can look up the history of the OBL.
Speaker 6: Be just like with Shadow Nast Park.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the government they went in, they decided they wanted that land. They first tried to purchase it for you know, from the homeowners that lived there, their whole family for generations have lived there on that land. It was their land, and when they went and sell to it, they claimed imminent domain and they took it, ran them all out. And I don't know what the George Washington National Forest, I don't know what the circumstances of that was. But you know, there's always been people living in rural areas, you know, traveling on horseback and stuff way back in the in them days before we had paved roads and stuff, everything was dirt, and you know, it's very possible that's why some of those homestead foundations are there because of that reason.
Speaker 6: But we don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, national Park along the ridge line up where people to drive all the time, they wanted that for to make it a national park. Now, if they had other reasons for it, we don't. We don't know. But they wanted to make in a national park, which was a good thing. But how they went about it a lot of people disagree with. And you're gonna have that anywhere. But let's get going down to the politics side or the everyone's side and what not. Let's stay on the topic that we're here for. With a bigfoot and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I don't mind getting in to you.
Speaker 3: Know, branching off and discussing fingers, bringing things up for various reasons, for purposes. I mean, I'm totally cool with that. It kind of gives us, the listeners, the audience a little bit of a Okay, well, not everyone believes or wants to go down that path. But you know, like you said, you guys, when you guys got involved with me, you guys weren't trying to bring that with you. But look at I mean, like you said, there are things that happen. You know, there are things that we can't explain, things that we're trying to make sense of that happened there. I mean, you know, I had nothing to do with it, but you know there are things that I'm with you guys. We're all experiencing it together. So it's just like, you know, we're scratching our head, like what what is this?
Speaker 4: You know, I mean, we're especially a campus sit back, you know, hanging out around the campfire, and things are happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know it's whatever, but it's happening. So I mean, we can't deny it.
Speaker 2: So well, no, you can't deny it. But what I find in trigguing is we all still keep going back. We know it took her tail to run from. Yeah. How many we want to be taken out of our norm? But the other people, a lot of other people you get, you take their normal way, their life falls apart, you know what I mean. I mean not to criticize them. I mean that's just the way people are. But I like that challenge, you know, to be taken out of my norm because to me, it's not only expanding knowledge, but on the quest of trying to find answers and experiencing what we're experiencing at the moment for no logical reason that we know of, but yet we keep going back to try to find those answers. Yeah, things did happen and why did they happen? Things that should not happen. Uh, fascinating. I I like the challenge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, Daniel.
Speaker 5: In the group chat, there is a Robert Dan Dubn Yeah, has said three comments.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, bring I'll bring them back up on the screen.
Speaker 6: I think the last one is the question, which.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the first one's he said, I've been listening a while getting.
Speaker 2: Some work done.
Speaker 4: I think some bigfoot move around in area, maybe as large as one hundred miles square miles whatever. Someone who has them on their land has seen them appear mainly in certain times of the year.
Speaker 2: They move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they move for food like berries in spring and early summer and then farmfields.
Speaker 2: During harvest time. Yeah, makes sense.
Speaker 4: Well, one of the.
Speaker 3: Things to it, you know, keep in mind that, you know, it's believed, and I do believe that they feed off like deer is a food source for them, along with other predators. They feed off the deer prey and maybe other small mammals.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, think about the conditions of the weather, the seasons, like if the winners are harsh, you know, and and and food sources become scarce for the prey animals if they have to move to find food where it's available, I mean, in that instance or that for that reason, I believe that the predators are going to follow or you know, over time they learned where to travel and move or follow the prey if that's what they if that's their main food, so you know, So, I mean, I do believe they do move according you know, if it's necessary, you know, because.
Speaker 3: Sources become limited. Again, it depends on how harsh the seasons are, you know, but.
Speaker 2: My question is here in Virginia. I can't speak for the rest of the country, but were we're located at, how many prey animals actually move Do either hunt it down to wait out the weather? Yeah, there is to go on to semi hibernation mode. I don't think the hibernate year around. I think the weather dictates it between Yeah, and who's to say they may not be the same way if they if they got a different metabolism sor I mean, I'm just throwing that out there. I mean, you don't see deer migrating from northern Virginia down to southern Virginia Georgia. When it gets cold, they bed down, the hunker down. When they go out and feed, they dig through the snow to get down to the ground to get the stuff frozen on the ground and eat right that they can find. Unless you know something different, I mean, I mean, I did a lot more research in that area than I did well.
Speaker 3: As far as like deer in general, Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying they strictly migrate or that they actually do, but I believe that some there are some species of animals over a period of time have moved around from up north, down south and actually settled down here, you know, and they end up becoming a popular age over time.
Speaker 4: For example, the red wolves. You know, there's been sightings of wolves here in Virginia and.
Speaker 3: Surrounding areas of West Virginia whatnot. You know, they again, they've been sighted here and you know, what brought him down here, I don't know, but they've over a period of time, you know, according to the research. Some of the information I have found online is they actually do the red wolves in general have moved down south.
Speaker 4: They're more mainly from northern the northern part of the county, you know, the country, maybe some out west now the mountain lying now that's a whole different story right there. You know, even though the authority say we don't have them here, but there's been so many eyewitnesses left and right, you know, throughout.
Speaker 3: Our counties here in other parts of the states. I knew a friend of mine, she lives down in Bedford. She said she almost hit one with her car.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, as far as how they got here, there could be a number of reasons how they got here, you know.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The one thing about a mountain lion I've heard, and.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this goes for other species. For the mountain lion, for example, if they have a toothache, you know, the one way they deal with it and they run. They build up adrenaline and run and by running, and they will run for miles and miles and miles from what I read and research, and.
Speaker 4: You know, coming I don't know where they come from originally, but eventually then they could end up in other territories that they're not normally known for being at.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You know, that's something I think about sometimes, like, Okay, maybe they got here that way or perhaps some years ago from I've actually heard from some locals that heard from a source that was retired from a Howard higher source that where there's may.
Speaker 4: Male and female that will release.
Speaker 3: Untagged uh and then over time started populating.
Speaker 4: And you know, that's another thing that's a possibility there. I don't know if there's any truth behind that, but there's so many different things we can look at.
Speaker 2: So I guess see one male and one female doing that, because you've got to have the DNA base to beget a valuable population for breeding. In my opinion, I mean, I'm not a scientist as far as all that, but uh, I just think it's natural expansion myself when it comes to that, and I think some of them have always been here. They thought maybe they've wiped them all out years back as they used to be here from understandings, just starting to come back to where it's not as sparsely. We got a lot of woodland here, And I've seen a program the other day where scientists saying about of all the woodland and the forests in the US, each year, only about ten to twelve percent of it is actually visited by humans, whether it be for hunting, hiking, recreation, ten to twelve percent of it on a regular basis is being visited by humans. So if we if that's such a small percentage of people going into what we have, natural expansion could also explain some of that that's going on. And that's my opinion. Though as far as.
Speaker 4: That sounds like we need to up that percentage.
Speaker 2: You would thank down here. I mean, don't forget about four one one people come up missing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but hey, you don't have to say safety or in numbers. So let's all go together.
Speaker 2: People come up listen. I don't know how big a groupe is like three or four people that's never been found again too. I mean there's other stories behind that stuff, theories you know why that may be. But my biggest thing is we still have a lot of the what's the old people that not old people, but the people I don't mean hillbillies. But there's another name for other people that live Pioneers off the grid. No, they they live off the grid. Uh, not the Hillbillies, they stated themselves. There's a name for it. No, there's something. It's right on the tip of my tongue, but I can't bring it up. And people always say when you go out in the woods, especially by yourself and one another person, be wary of these people that are out there.
Speaker 4: Uh, you're not talking about hobbits, are you.
Speaker 2: No? No, No, really, they're supposedly they're they're real people. They don't mingle with normal civilization. They live off the grid, rarely seen. Uh maybe somebody in the chap might know know the terminology I'm looking for, But they say you gotta watch out for There's many reports of people running into people like that out there, and it didn't fare too well in many cases. Try to tip of my tongue. I don't.
Speaker 4: I just did a quick research.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: People who live away from civilization.
Speaker 3: Are often called a hermit or recluse if they live in a voluntary solitude, dude, off off gridder for those independent of public utility, or backwoodsmen or a mountaineer.
Speaker 2: No, everybody knows what hermits and off gridders and stuff like that is. It's you ever seen the movie Wrong, Ah, Yeah, something like that where they just solely that they don't mingle with everyday people. They stay out and off the grid in the woods. Uh. I didn't know. I won't take it down that path now when we hang everything up to now, that probably comes to my head. But there's a certain name that's called for them. I don't know if anybody's responding on a chatter or not, they might know what I'm talking about. Now.
Speaker 3: There's a list of names here too. This one here it's a feral people. Well, Pharaoh fair, Okay, that could be a name Pharaoh.
Speaker 4: This there's a name.
Speaker 3: It's a technical name for caved weiler, often used to describe someone living in a total isolation. The names called and again, I don't know if I'm pronouncing this correctly. I'm gonna try my best.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I went down that path, but I mean, for one one got.
Speaker 3: Truggle dyke. I don't know what I say. I don't know if I'm pronouncing it correctly, but trug yeah, g g r O g l O d y t e. Again it's a technical uh technically a cave d weiler often used to describe someone living in total isolation.
Speaker 4: Again, that's just one of the random names in the here. Uh yeah, then you got no mads.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean all those are combinations for people that did that stuff like in the pastor this is people that does this today. But anyway that that's fine with that. But anyway, they say that a lot of people come up missing in these national forest and out west and everywhere even here in Virginia. That's never heard from again either. And some people say, well bigfoot gum. Some people say it's alien is a gum. Some people say it's uh, they just got lost. But there's there's too many nobody, nothing's ever found. I remember Gwynn Purcell, remember that documentary he was working on with a hunter supposed to went out hunting, never came back. Hundred that area all his life. Oh, I don't think they found any of any remains or anything except for his weapon. They never seen from again. Uh why did that come about? You know what I mean? Yeah, now we're not talking about people going not committing suicide, because he gave no indications on that. There's been reports of people, a group of people out walking in the woods and hiking and and and they see each other up ahead of everybody ahead of them, and then one person go around to turn on the trail. By the time everybody else gets up there, that person's gone. Never seen it, hurt from again, you know, I mean, all kinds of weird things going on besides what we experienced while we were camping. Right, it's a I mean, I find it all fascinating as far as as far as all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Like I said, there's only so many listening names here.
Speaker 3: I mean there's off burder, homesteader, a vagabondage.
Speaker 2: Uh. All those are common type of terminologists for either a person, single person and whatnot, or a group of people that move around like the nomads. But anyway, no, don't worry about all that. It had come to me at some point.
Speaker 4: Is a simple name.
Speaker 2: Small names. I mean, Pharaoh came to mind for some reason. Feral people, I mean, I don't know why that just could come to mind. But again, I don't want to go go down this path. That wasn't That wasn't part of the cast podcast tonight.
Speaker 5: That's a group of people travel and they live in tents and stuff, and they go around and sell their wares and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: They know that they they mingle with society. They live by themselves, but then again they mingle society. Okay, we're getting off the beating path.
Speaker 4: No, No, you're totally fine. Like I said, I don't mind going in random discussions. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: But humans uh and uh fagy according to st.
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with that terminology that.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure how you pronounce it.
Speaker 2: I'll figure it out later.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think it's a movie wrong. I mean either way, that's fine. What other questions did you have written down you wanted to talk about tonight?
Speaker 4: Well, uh, well, there's a number of things here so we covered. When I asked you guys about hearing different sounds of vocal that you guys, if there was anything that you couldn't explain, you call Uh.
Speaker 3: Now, one of the other things I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 4: They you guys camp with me in two different areas.
Speaker 2: So we've been up.
Speaker 3: Around Elkhorn You can't there. You guys got familiar with there, mostly had an experience there at one of our camp areas out there. Uh So Elkorn Lake compared to where we've been camping, Now, how would you guys compare the two locations.
Speaker 2: Myself night and day? Yeah, just too much for me. Elkcren Lake. There's too much activity going on your round the berth, human activity, people coming in and all the time. You got that recreational lake there that people go to they come up their fishing and all that other stuff whatnot. Yeah, I mean that's me. That's that's my personal feeling. There's too many distractions. Campsites are too close together compared to where we go. That's privitive, that's primitive. And elk Corp Two pretty much. They do have that one out house building, just not for showers. I don't think anything like that. No, that that's primitive camping too pretty much. But it's just with the public comes there, the whole events there every year, the bike rides.
Speaker 4: That Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong. But for me, for what the way I want to approach it, there's too many, too much activity and too many distractions, and it makes it more difficult to rationalize if anything would happen unless it's just right in your face. Something's out of the ordinary, right, This is where we go. Now, hardly anybody goes out there. People don't. You're not having people driving by, you know, every twenty minutes going on that gravel road like you do out of the Elk corps and stuff. It's more secluded as well as premitive.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The environment seems to be more relaxed when I'm more compared to Elk Core.
Speaker 6: You can immerse yourself better.
Speaker 2: That's me, that's you immerse.
Speaker 6: Yourself in the wildlife. In the nature.
Speaker 5: You have more of the nature sounds versus humans contaminating it so much. You're able to you know, any recordings you get, they're not really authentic, but.
Speaker 6: They're more reliable to a point, versus up at Elkhorn.
Speaker 5: You try to record something, it might be contaminated with the next camp fighte whooping and hollering.
Speaker 6: Together and stuff.
Speaker 4: So you don't.
Speaker 6: I think you know you have.
Speaker 5: There is a lot of activity at both places, I believe in regards to bigfoot and wildlife, but you have less tamp right with any kind of evidence at slight Lick versus at Elkcorn.
Speaker 6: Elkhorn is more noisy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's understandable because of the where it is, the location and stuff. It does have more you know, campers and churists and stuff like that, whereas with slight Lick a lot of people.
Speaker 6: Don't know about it, a lot of people don't know where.
Speaker 5: It's at, and therefore you have less contamination issues if you understand I'm getting at Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, let's yeah, less interference and you know, now, I mean, for the record, yeah, I totally agree with you guys that you know, I spent years, I spent a lot of time exploring those woods around Elkhorn, and that's around the general area. So I mean I know a lot of the woods, and I mean there's places where I haven't even taken the guys who up there, where you guys may find more comfortable, you know, more secluded.
Speaker 3: However, of course, not you know up around the Elk Point where I've had a lot of my not all my experience, but some of my major experiences where I've had my encounters and I had other things happen up there, you know. But but you know, for example, what you guys will referring to you or explain, you know, talking about hearing, you know, having the human interaction or the traffic noise.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've been camping there with other people and you know, it will be.
Speaker 3: Dig quiet, and all of a sudden you'll have a vehicle that some of them come out of coming from the lake very slowly. And if it's quiet something you know, of course it's all gravel for you there. And sometimes the sound of a.
Speaker 4: Tire when it.
Speaker 3: Drives over or rolls over a rock, the sound of the rock and the tire, you know, it sounds like a knock sometimes by the way it hits and bangs that rock. Well, I've had so many people and I've gotten used to that sound.
Speaker 4: I know that sounds very well. I've had people get excited because like, hey there's a tree knock blah blah bh.
Speaker 3: No, it's just a pop up at tire hitting the rock, you know, and stuff like that. So you know, little things like that, you know, I've come to learn to realize what things.
Speaker 2: Are, you know.
Speaker 4: But so yeah, you know, like you guys.
Speaker 3: Mentioned, yeah, they do the bike of thon or whatever you want to call that. They do that like at least twice a year.
Speaker 2: That I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that. Wow. Yeah yeah, So I mean I've heard things out there that caught me off guard.
Speaker 3: You hear this weird vocalization and you keep hearing it, and all of a sudden it gets closer and closer, and it's like, what the heck is that certain times of the year where the hunters will have their dogs on the back of their truck, and the sound that they want when those hound dogs are are you.
Speaker 4: Know, doing what they do.
Speaker 3: Judging from how far away it is, it throws you off that the way the sound carries until you hear it get closer and closer, and all of a sudden you hear them, you know, like, oh my gosh, it's just a dog. So yeah, you get that out there a lot too. So so yeah, I totally get it. When there's a lot.
Speaker 4: Of what you know, when you guys are talking about lot of interaction and a lot of interference, uh, you know, from human traffic, you know, human traffic to whatever else goes going out there. But so, but you know, like I said, I mean, I will always have a lot of respect for the elk Wort Lake area because of you know, things I've experienced and hurt out there, you know, you know, especially being by myself during the hunt seasons.
Speaker 3: You know, hearing the things I've hurt out there. But yeah, so it's been It's always been fascinating.
Speaker 4: Out there, but since I've been camping this area with you guys, it's, uh, yeah, there's a lot excitement out there, you know, regardless if we understand it or not.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've I mean, I mean, I'm enjoying it. I want to spend as much time out there, you know it's possible.
Speaker 2: Well, watching your previous videos on the YouTube channel where you spent I think it was that there, Lick, I'm surprised you just spend more time out there before I met you, because didn't you have one on there where somebody reported that their trailer was being rocked, one camp was being rocked one night. You got a video on there to where uh you actually put powder down on the ground where it looked like you were following something when something had walked through the area.
Speaker 3: Well that trackway was found. Yeah, well nine ten years ago, I was definite. Yeah, we actually yeah, I got pictures and video of that.
Speaker 2: And then see, oh that was a slight lick, Yeah, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah it was Actually that was found in the same area we became the same location where we all camp at, where we were we set up camp, that's where that was found. So yeah, right in the same area. Of course, back then the area looked a little bit different. It was a lot more like I don't I don't know why.
Speaker 4: It looked different then, but but like right there, right there behind our camp area where it drops down to where the stream is, I mean they used to be. At one time, there used to be a line of bushes that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that was right through there.
Speaker 3: I guess over time people started cutting and whacking them away. But yeah, there was a line of bushes there where there was gaps in between them, you know. But like I said, a lot of that got cut down, you know, So it's you know, it changed a little bit, but uh, and not far. You know, a lot of people don't take this into consideration, but I have found deer remains out there around slate.
Speaker 4: Look not far from our camp here where the bones the arms.
Speaker 3: Of the deer were snapped in half and twisted, you know, you know, and the ones that were snapped in half, they were snapped going the opposite way, you know, like you know with elbows. Imagine our arm being broke the other way. I have found exactly. I have found deer remains like that, the broken bones like that, and again I found limbs and parts of the deer twisted out there, you know, now unlike elhorn. Now, over a period of time, I have come across several deer remade full carcasses, like the full skeletal remains of a deer, And three out of the several.
Speaker 4: I found that the three of them that I've ever found out, they had something common which I've always been curious about.
Speaker 2: What is doing that?
Speaker 4: But there now of the front of the skull has been risked off, you know, what's doing that?
Speaker 3: That's I've had some people say that's the work of a mountainline, But then again mountain lions, I hear go for the neck or the back.
Speaker 4: Of the neck, you know, throw the other quick kill. Yeah, yeah, so I don't know. I mean, there's there's been some strange stuff I found in both areas. But yeah, el Port Lake and like I said that that was an old video.
Speaker 3: I do have that on one of my older videos that was viewed with a very cheap camera phone. It was probably when I was probably the first I think the first smartphone. Uh it was a cheap smartphone, but it was when the smartphones were fairly new and their camera qualities weren't weren't the best.
Speaker 4: But now you know, we got camera that recorded four K which was awesome. So yeah, so yeah, yeah, comparing the environments to the habitats, you know, like I said, as far as between both locations, uh, I mean as of right now with what we're doing now, I mean there there's a lot that we experienced, uh in this area that we're now if we.
Speaker 3: Do experience more, I'm hoping I'm hoping to capture more and document it more on film.
Speaker 4: You know a lot of you know, what we have out there.
Speaker 3: You know, people get to hear more of what we experience rather than see it for themselves. So that's something I want to try to improve on on my part because I don't always I'm not always prepared for something. You know, and I know it's supposed to be, but I mean that would require me recording every minute of the time out there.
Speaker 7: You know, you're not gonna be able to really get away from that with how we go about it, because we don't have like you brought up many times before, we don't have productive crews out.
Speaker 2: There following us around at We don't have people sitting back at an editing room and going through all the footage from a week's a couple of weekend recordings and stuff like that, or we don't have that availability. We just have to go about smarter and and hope for the best after that. I know that I know where my action can on my chest, but some people say, y'all put one on your back at the same time because you're walking down the path or whatever. You don't know if anything crossed the path behind you or not right, stuff like that. So we just have to rethink about how we are doing what we're doing. We're going to evolve as we do it. Yeah, we're not going to catch everything. I mean, that's gonna be a given. I mean, I'm not I don't have a three sixty camera to put on my head. We're on top of my hat like Google. Yeah, yeah, I mean think about it. I mean they do have cameras like that, but I don't know how well they work that night yeah after dark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I have done that before. I mean up around Elkhorn and stuff. I had a.
Speaker 3: I used to have a rough sack they had to steal frames, had the framework and I had my actually camera mounted on top, actually walked facing behind me.
Speaker 4: I've only I've done that, you know, a couple of times.
Speaker 2: But uh, let's see see things like that. We may have to starting pulling again. I mean, yeah, especially now when things are starting to happen and I hate to miss it. I hate missing that light that night. But yeah, when you're out exploring, you're not always thinking about something. Pop. We know what's going to happen, but when not prepared, when it pops up out of nowhere, exactly a lot of that stuff, Uh.
Speaker 4: I know. It's frustrating though.
Speaker 3: It is because you know a lot of people are like, oh, why don't you well, you see these things, why don't you film them?
Speaker 4: Well, you're caught up in the moment.
Speaker 3: You're not, like you said, you're not you know, you're looking for things and you're you know, you want to pay attention to you don't want to miss something. But then again, the secondary thing having a camera available with your oh crap, I wasn't recording at that time, you know, because I was trying to preserve on film time and whatever A battery. Now I've got extra batteries.
Speaker 2: They don't see, they don't realize that you may have extra batteries, but you got you gotta have the get. You can have all the batteries you want. But if you don't have the capacity to get all the recordings for the hours to spend out there on your equipment, you're basically blowing in the wind. Yeah. And then again, you know, be walking around out there with two hundred pounds of equipment on your dag all back either you know, pointing the four different directions and a ton of batteries in your pockets. What not fifteen flash lights? I mean, that's not practical and you're not going to catch everything. It's just been be a little smarter about how we go about it. And beyond that, it's gonna be a hit and miss. We're not gonna get away from that.
Speaker 6: Plus, the more equipment to carry, the more noise you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna make, yeah, I mean right, And I only try to pack light if I can, Like my backpack I carry with me out there. I only try to keep a few necessities in there. Especially when it's nighttime. I keep my thermal with me. I mean, I want my thermal camera with me, you know, I try to have that prepared, you know, like the night we saw the light. As soon as we saw the light and it went away, you know, what did we do? I pulled off the thermal. It's right away, you know. You know, and you did the same thing. You walk up ahead and try to capture from a different view with your permal, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, we do try. We put the effort in there for trying, you know.
Speaker 2: But after that, after that, all we do to tell the stories of what happened, and people take it from what it's worth exactly when when more than one people experience it and and we're and we're not out there to make stories up. I can't do that. I mean, I'm not.
Speaker 5: If we spend so much time trying to document and report everything, we're going to miss something that actually truly happens.
Speaker 6: Those we're so focused on making sure the battery.
Speaker 2: Power is good and all that exactly.
Speaker 5: Some things happen because off camera because they're meant to.
Speaker 4: Happen off camera.
Speaker 6: Well, and what's this.
Speaker 5: I've seen some crazy things myself. We need to learn to just take a moment to think and bring before we make a move. That could be the most important moment of your life. I showed Dan my dog man picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is true, stop and breathe and hopefully, well somethings just happened like that, like that light. I mean, yeah, because Williams at nighttime. I mean, I don't know if any equipment we have would be able to record it, even though it was right for what it was about forty yards away. But I don't think we would have Our equipment would not have been sensitive enough to be able to I don't think be able to pick that light up that distance to give any credence to what we saw, because you got to really have a low light camera that you can just turn on and be able to record it. Now, could could it have been picked up on thermal or or it could have been a possibility, But we're not out there walking around with the thermals. I are watching every day on spot where we go to. Yeah, I wish it had an action cam that had thermal mode. You hit record and just record the entire time a thermal or and in for rid one of the two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, it's like my device, my thermal I know, yours is a monarchy. Mine is a camera that's connected to my boom and for the record for those oh you got you gotta want you know, it's not the other plugging things.
Speaker 2: It's mine.
Speaker 4: More advancing the I feel what they call them.
Speaker 3: I used to have one for a Android a long time ago, but this is completely different and it runs off an app and the device together and it's amazing and you can see, for I mean, from our camp, I've had good clear vision of the field tree line across from us.
Speaker 4: You know, my captures just as you know like yours does. And yeah, I would love to have it said in mount deal with you have to I should go in and turn it on. You know it's whatever.
Speaker 2: But well, so that's that's the Achilles Hill, this type of equipment. Yeah, if if you walk around with it on and your focus on that equipment, you're gonna miss a lot of other stuff around you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: We need to have something we just turn on, let a record while we could still look and listen and interact with the environment. And plus you've got the safety aspect because in the summertime, that's when the timber rattlesnakes and the comprehends get out and move the most right hut and.
Speaker 5: We all know that from that.
Speaker 2: But they do move around twenty four hours a day, but there's certain time frames in the day based on the heat where they're more active. Yeah, the time frames were out there, they're going to be more active soon. You've got to take safety into account too. You gotta watch where you step, where you go for the for the best you can. We don't always do that obviously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've been fortunate enough.
Speaker 2: To awareness about you when when you're out there in the woods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, when it comes to the rattle stakes and venom the snakes out there. Of course, we've been fortunate to where they've been stationary and in one place, but they also start us, you know when we do know.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but look, look emen, and you walk by every time you're out there, don't even realize it. Yeah, I mean timber rattlers. People don't realize they're a docile snake. Don't pick them up, don't step on them. Now, if you touch them or get too close by making extra vibrations by maybe breaking the branch by stepping on or something that you may give off a rattle. But then again, they don't always rattle before they strike. A lot of people think you're gonna hear that rattle first. That's not always the case when it comes to the timber rapper. Now, the copperhead, he's got his own little latitude and everything else, and he's gonna believe in the environment that he don't get as big as a timber. But for the most perfect I mean, we just have to take safety into consideration when we're out there to especially after dark, there's.
Speaker 5: Another wildlife too you need to be wary of because there.
Speaker 2: Where we go there's rocks, it's fallen trees, and they say just on the ground out. Yeah, they can be up on the log. You know, they be hanging on a branch you're walking by. So we can't be focused here worried about getting the recording and then not be able to deserve around you. Not only for the safety aspect, but what if you would see movement over to your left, but you're looking over to your left when you're not looking, but you're looking here at your camera trying to record over here. I like something where you can just put on your equipment, turn it on, be able to go, especially at night time. It's what I'm thinking about, because that's a more critical point because you got to limited vision and stuff that has something that was either I R or infrared equipped. Turn it on, let it record, and then just go out and do your thing without having to worry about Just get the recording as you're going to law. But I don't think the equipment we have will be sensit enough to be able to pick that light up. I mean, you have to have a real low light camera. Even if it took my can if I D Mark four out there, my F four lens wouldn't be sent enough for I have to get a point two lens F stop lens has a real wide averture to be able to do that right, and that's like a four thousand dollars lens. I can't afford that. I mean, it's impractical, plus the cameras to be because right out the dark anyway. That's why I like the action camps. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, one thing that you made me think about, David, as far as you know, talking about having something out there where we can see it on recording. Now, I have a small it's a handheld night vision monocular. I think it does pretty good. It does pretty good for what it is.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not a very expensive device, but from what I played around with it, it does pretty good work. You know, I can't guarantee that the footage is going to be clear, especially if we're moving around at night look trying to look and and you know, investigate the woods at night, but it may help after something. Now it does you know, like a lot of these handheld devices like mine, it does have the threads on the bottom where you can put something in it and work and mount it somewhere. So that's an option where I may be able to put it up on my shoulder strap of my of my backpack, which I you know, because I now have the strap set up in the mount for my action camera on my on the lower part.
Speaker 4: Of my back backpack strap. So that's something I might look into to see if I can mount something up high.
Speaker 2: If you if you got the equipment, use it. It's no good to get the equipment, regardless of how expensive or not it is. Just leave it back in the back to me. That'll make any sense for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, unless i'm mounted or scrappage in.
Speaker 2: My hand something. You know, at least you may get surprised what you might be able to catch with it, or at least enough at least something to give credence to what you're trying to relate what you're trying to tell the story about. Right, but you're not going to know unless you use it. If we got it, we may as well use it. I mean that. I mean, well, what I just wish you had more to be at our exposal, but we have to buy everything we use. You know, we're not funded, we don't have networks. I mean, I wouldn't want to network people out there follow me around anyway. I'm not about that. I don't want five other people walk around the clunky equipment and doing all their due. Now, somebody must come out of do a documentary or something like that for a night. That's one thing. But you go out there and follow you around for two or three four days. I think you're beating the dead horse with that. It could be wrong. I mean, that's my opinion. I mean, plus there'll be a distraction too.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've had people tell me, like back when I've done my other group camp out, you know, oh, you have too many people out in the woods. Well, twenty fourteen, six of us shared in account together. So I mean it was totally unexpected and it happened. You know, she was one of the guys that was with us.
Speaker 4: Now we didn't know this at the time, but he had his cam he had his camport route. Now his camport was not ir CA category, was it in an.
Speaker 3: Infrared or nothing like that, but because we had enough light shining down in there, and he was recording the whole situation, and he had his cam cocus out in the woods with what we were seeing there in person. Now I learned about this later on. He had two different versions. He put one up for what it was, and then he did another one where he tried to enhance it and did this and that.
Speaker 4: Now, now some people that watched that claim they've seen the eye shine. The eye Shine supposedly got picked up in the video. Now, I personally, I watched his video so many times, and I believe it's still available.
Speaker 2: I'll have to look it up.
Speaker 4: But I couldn't see nothing. I mean, in my honest opinion, I don't think he picked anything up. But I was again, I was surprised that he did that. I got excited when I learned that he did that. But like I said, two of us said night vision monoculars. But they were both in our backpack, and when when we realized and thought about it, it was too late, and of course we were kicking kicking ourselves from the butt. I mean, they were small, handheld infrared monoculars, you know. And yeah, I think, yeah, they were video capable, but I just again, they weren't expensive devices.
Speaker 3: But even then, we could have got better observations of what we were seeing. We could have probably shared better details, but with what we had at the time, I mean, it was basically our word.
Speaker 2: Against anyone else's, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a few of us that still talk about it. I mean I bring it up when I get asked about it on podcasts. I've been on two other podcasts this month as a guest. I got another one coming up Thursday at seven pm as a pre recording, so I got that going on then Friday and Saturday. Yeah, I'll remind everybody if you guys are listening, I do want to remind everybody since we have a decent audience watching right now this Friday and also Saturday right here on YouTube channel Bigfoot Zone E C B R O I do have. They will be played live Ronald Berfy on Friday night and Kevin.
Speaker 3: Kevin Letharge on Saturday night. So yeah, I have two podcasts coming up with Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 4: You can see them.
Speaker 3: They're already posted for upcoming podcast on the channel. Hopefully you guys tune in for Friday and Saturday night. So I just wanted to bring that up and make mention of that real quick. So oh Faith said, I want one of those l O L maybe for my birthday. I think you're talking about my night.
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 4: Anything's possible, h m hmm. And then she also goes on to say it, but seeing is believing for most cases. Yes, unfortunately, that's a sad truth, you know. And David, you brought this up yourself. When it comes to evidence, and even if we were to be fortunate.
Speaker 3: To capture a bigfoot or capture something amazing on camera, AI has destroyed a lot of what we do, and that goes for anybody because there's all kinds of AI videos out there, and the sad truth there's there's a lot of people that believe it, you know, so well.
Speaker 2: My opinion on that is, Fortunately, I'm not out there for the AI part. I'm not out there for uh recognition. I'm out there for me. Lit's out there for her. We we want our answers and and and what we do, sharing what we do with other people and enlightens them to see our point of view or maybe change their mind or maybe get them to get out there too.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: That that's what it's all about. People could be naysayers all they want. They can laugh at what you do is scoff about it. But the main thing of it is we're out there. We're having fun, we're getting out of the house. We've got the camaraderie, we've got the camping, we've got the wildlife to enjoy. And then we do our research at the same time. And people could take it for what it is when we tell our stories or not. But or they could just dismiss it and laugh and go on sit on the couch and watch the nightly news for all I care. Yeah, we're enjoying what we're doing and there's nothing gonna change that none. You know, I'm gonna keep on doing it. And if we do get something by chance, that's pretty telling significant. Uh, it's up to them they want to believe it or not. Yeah, all we could do is to relate to them. I mean, it's gonna take my life when we're the other. Absolutely, I'm not gonna go beat on a tree or nothing like that because they made me mad or hurt my ego. How bigger than that?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Another thing, kind of off topic, One of the things I wrote down to is, Yeah, I knew you guys heard me talk about this, but you know, and even when I've been out there by myself, but for years, it's been fascinating to me to think of.
Speaker 4: Caves and all.
Speaker 3: The eras we've been through them, think of what caves like cave structures. Yeah, but you know, some of the things I've been watching when watching these different videos.
Speaker 4: These outdoor videos, and I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what states they're based ont of, but one of the things I've learned about these areas is.
Speaker 4: A lot of these stream beds and stuff.
Speaker 3: Were these streams that come out of the mountain and stuff like that, where they seem like they're coming they're coming out of the ground.
Speaker 4: Most likely there is a cave structure somewhere that's down in that mountain or the hillside or whatever. Also down the street, different stream beds where a lot of flow come through and they try up over certain times a.
Speaker 3: Year well, and where portions of the stream may try up and then all a sudden you might see it popping out and streaming somewhere else down below there's a sign of a cave.
Speaker 4: But you know, the thing is you always wonder is there.
Speaker 3: An entrance for the year, is there I've always been wanting to find stuff like that.
Speaker 4: It's easier said than done, you know, But again, cave.
Speaker 3: Structures, I would love to find more for the very thought in the theory that you know, a lot of us do believe that Sasquatch is a cave dweller, and they they know where these places are, you know, they know where they've lived there all their life.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they know the territory better than we do, of course. So that's something I want to constantly.
Speaker 3: Keep an eye out, you know, if you're you know, even if it looks like a cluster of rocks with an opening, I want to investigate it.
Speaker 4: I've done that numerous times.
Speaker 3: Now over an elk One lake down below. I mean I have seen things driving by looking up on the high ridge side. They clearly do look like in the cave.
Speaker 4: They don't look that asssible to a human, you know, they look pretty steep, but maybe a bear. But I don't know about us. I don't know, but I want to keep my eyes open for possible case structures.
Speaker 2: And if we come.
Speaker 3: Across something that looks, you know, promising, I'm definitely gonna check it out.
Speaker 4: I mean hopefully it's not too hard to.
Speaker 2: Get it to Yeah, it's well, you know they're out there. Yeah, just getting at the right locations and be able to find stuff like that and that that just how deep do you want to go? As far as have much time you got to play around with be able to go deep and come back or you know, maybe just take a day or two, just walk and stay overnight and walk back the next day. I mean, you got three hundred and sixty degrees too from I mean, which way going to go? I mean, that's it's gonna be happenstance unless you could get a good map or if somebody could tell you where a cave systems at. Yeah, yeah, you just have to you know, look around when you go out in the woods and you know, do what we do. Uh. And who's to say if he's the smartest, I think they should be that there may be entrances out there that may be camouflaged.
Speaker 4: No, that's true. Yeah, I've actually given that some plot too.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean how well is the Kimbalid I would would question is would we be able to identify.
Speaker 4: Something that looks like okay, you know that looks like something's covering something. You know, I don't know if that would be possible.
Speaker 2: But you'd have to get lucky. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: Also under behind one.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's not impossible, but it all depends on how it's camouflage something that just wouldn't look like something just in cult your attention just momentarily to be check it out right, it's I mean, that's I mean, you you go many different directions on that or something to keep in the back of your mind. Look for something that's not normal for that given area you're currently at that may be concealing something Uh, look at everything else you find out there you didn't mean to find as far as out of the ordinary, right, if something's concealed on purpose, I don't think it'll be hard. I think it'd just be more luck than being hard to be able to do that, being at the right place and being able to come across it. Absolutely. Maybe that's just my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, real quick, I want to make mention. As Faith said during the chat, she's I can't wait to meet everyone.
Speaker 4: She definitely plans on coming out to join us, but it doesn't look like she'll be able to do it this year un something changes on her end from Pennsylvania. However, she's currently living in Indiana for the time being, so she hopes to nake it out sometimes in the future, but time will tell. I do want to make mention of a couple other things. There's a few dates I have written down, and these different dates will grow over time as I'm waiting to get feedback from various locations. For example, I have a few Bigfoot town hall gatherings scheduled.
Speaker 3: I had one a few weeks ago. It was supposed to be up to Pennsylvania. Because of weather, I cancel her now but I'll go ahead and name these few dates in the location where I'm holding these Bigfoot gatherings, and they are taking place at public libraries. February twenty eighth in Parkersburg, West Virginia, I'll be doing a presentation and also I put it out there to where I'm hoping hoping to gather some eyewitnesses that may come out their stories as well. There is I do have a during my stay out there. I'll be out there a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Before that.
Speaker 4: Leading up to that date.
Speaker 3: That date is on a Saturday, but I do have an interview I'll be filming and in the individual.
Speaker 4: Linda Linda will be out there, man braink Heart remembering this last name. She's actually was a guest on here before.
Speaker 3: And then March, the weekend of March nineteenth, the twenty first, I will be I will be in Pennsylvania doing a doing an investigation and a camp out for that weekend.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's March nineteenth and twenty first. Jump ahead to May. Of course, we have our group camp out here in Virginia May seventeenth, the twenty six and then August fifteenth down in Alconey, South Carolina at the Alconey Public Library. I have that set up and schedule with them to do a public gathering town hall. Again. I'll do a presentation here as well. And again these dates I'm taking advantage of trying to put.
Speaker 2: More word out there, you know.
Speaker 4: I want to gather information, more reports. And again as far as me doing presentations at these events, it's so it's just a small part of me spreading awareness of the research and the awareness of the Sasquatch.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So so I just want to throw out there also, I want to throw out there to any of the listeners, if anyone that's watches and has a big story and you want to be a part of this podcast and have your story told, you know, with no judgment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we like the question, you know, and ask questions on the interviews and whatnot.
Speaker 4: But again, this is a judgment free zone.
Speaker 3: I want to welcome you guys, but come forward, and if you do have a story and you want to share, share it on here. Uh, send me an email if you're not on Facebook with me, if you're not connected with me on Facebook. Uh, if you can see my email address right right over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right above me over here. Uh.
Speaker 4: E C b r O ninety eight at gmail dot com. Send me an email again, that's E. C. B r O ninety eight at gmail dot com. Oh yeah, there's Those are just a few things I want to make mention. Let's see what we got here. Make sure I'm not listening to I think I covered pretty much everything I had written down, so basically.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so, ladies and gentlemen, Uh uh if there's not anything else we want to share before we jump out here, Oh hold on, well we've got uh.
Speaker 4: Faith is asking have you ever been to the Last City in West Virginia?
Speaker 2: Very placed?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure I saw quit that game the Lost City in West Virginia.
Speaker 5: I know about the Lost City West Virginia back off of.
Speaker 2: Brocks Gap Road or the Lost River.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not familiar about Lost City. Uh is that the same same thing as the Lost River? Camp Brown or Camp Ver? I know right off of brox Scamp Road there is a lost.
Speaker 8: Lost ohcause that's just that's west of where we can't Yeah, yeah, I almost lost.
Speaker 4: I could have sort it was called Lost River the one I'm thinking about. Uh, it might be Lost City.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's river.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lost River State Park. Yeah, that's in my thighs, West Virginia. Yeah, that's right up the road.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Lost City backer too. I think I seen a little sun on the Lost City.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Lost City and Lost River from parts are in.
Speaker 4: Hardy County, West Virginia.
Speaker 5: Okay, the Lost City is where the what's that dam back there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, right off of two fifty.
Speaker 6: Nine, So that's where our city is.
Speaker 2: It's where that damne baggage. That's what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yep, says what she said. Yeah, Lost Last City.
Speaker 3: When I look it up on the map for showing right off at two fifty nine, right up the road from where we can't So.
Speaker 5: Some of my great grandmother's ancestors, some of her family members were buried there in the cemetery that's now underwater because of.
Speaker 6: The dam that was built there. What is the name of that dam?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: And it's right in that area. Yeah. Uh I'm trying to look on the map see for West Virginia. Dam yeh Nope, not Parker Hollow, New.
Speaker 6: Parker Hollow.
Speaker 4: Rude Ay, yeah, yay.
Speaker 2: Mhm.
Speaker 4: Is there a part of uh no, no, damn.
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's not it. Well, it doesn't matter as far as that. Okay, well that's pretty cool. Mhm thot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I guess you know what, guys, Uh, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I mean if technically we could probably keep going, which I wouldn't mind, but I know it's late for.
Speaker 2: A lot of people.
Speaker 4: Uh it's ten thirty eight pm here on the.
Speaker 3: Coast, so uh but yeah, I want to thank you guys for coming on listening chatting with us tonight. Uh again Friday and Saturday night, there will be live podcast right here with our guests all so come tune in interact like you guys have been doing all here in the live chat. Would be great. We appreciate the interaction on the live chat.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: If you guys have questions for the guests, we try to bring them up and share them on the screen. And depending on how how in depth our guests.
Speaker 2: Are are in there your talk.
Speaker 4: You know that we may not always get to questions right on time, but we will try our best.
Speaker 3: So uh, thank you guys again and uh so next guys, we'll keep it squatch Yeah, everyone keep it squatchy.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, yep, thank everyon