Speaker 1: One w JR R, Orlando's rock station. Good morning from the Lyncheon Taco Show quarter till eight Thursday morning. Time to check it out. Reminder of voting is open at the jar Facebook page for this morning. You say we play it. Everybody who votes will be automatically qualified to perhaps win yourself some Deaftones tickets today.
Speaker 2: Got your intention with that? Huh?
Speaker 3: Big JRR show, come out with the Deftones. Get in your vote on which Alison Chains song you want us to play at nine jr Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Somebody who votes will be randomly picked during you say we play it to win the Deaftones tickets? All right, let's begin with this. We had some very unexpected news in the streaming wars developed Monday morning. It was announced that Disney's Hulu plus Live TV and Fubo TV are merging their operations.
Speaker 2: They're gonna call it hullo.
Speaker 1: This is I don't want to get into the weeds on this. We give a little background here. Fubo TV is a very sports centric streaming service, all right. They are also the company that successfully petitioned for an injunction that blocked Disney, Fox, and Warner Brothers from launching Venue, their merged sports app that they were going to put out because Fubuo argued in this anti trust lawsuit brought that that would destroy competition and inflate prices for consumers and effectively put them out of business. The judge agreed put an injunction and that prevented those companies from launching Venue. Well, they still want to launch Venue What to do?
Speaker 2: What to do? Well?
Speaker 1: Merge as sure Fubo and it's operators that they will continue to be able to operate, and they'll also have the keys to the car. By merging Disney's Hulu plus Live TV and Fubo as a new venture, it says here, both will still act as standalone services, so you'll still have your choice if you know you want to subscribe to one or the other. Bottom line is the folks at Fubo have now agreed to drop the lawsuit in Disney and Warner and Fox all hope that will greenlight their Venue Sports moving forward.
Speaker 3: Exactly because I remember you reporting on the actually in this segment when that all that stuff happened before and it was blocked.
Speaker 1: So Fubo now loses fear of being put out of business by Venue because well, now they're owned by the competitor.
Speaker 4: Because then fubo if Fubu, what is it, fubo fubo if they because then they'd be fu bar if they're business correct, taco bar, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Big.
Speaker 1: Facebook news this week change in policy, Mark Zuckerberg announcing that third party fact checkers have been eliminated from the platform. Facebook has moved to more of a community notes model. Zucker says that. Zuckerberg says more speech will be allowed by lifting restrictions on some topics that are part of mainstream discourse these days. The company will now be focusing on enforcement of illegal and high severity violations rather than nitpicking things that well, up until now some people deemed okay, others had a problem with, and it was selective enforcement. So they're just taking a step back here, getting these third party fact checkers out of there, and well preparing for the new incoming administration, let's be honest. And if you don't believe that, look no further than Dana White being announced as one of the new board of director members for Meta Slash Facebook.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, you know, as soon as I saw the announcement yesterday or whatever day it was, it was the it's immediately right to politics.
Speaker 1: I well, well, there's no denying it. It's definitely a lot on there. But so you know you're gonna think what you think about that. So the Supreme Court now will have the ultimate say on what happens with TikTok here in the United States, owned by Byte Dance, you know, the Chinese company.
Speaker 2: They are set to.
Speaker 1: Take up arguments on whether or not that is ultimately going to be banned here in the US on Friday ahead of that. This is kind of an exercise in futility. If you ask me, Lemon eight is gaining traction as perhaps an alternative if the Supreme Court decides TikTok a is a no go anymore. The problem is Lemon eight, which is another TikTok like Apple.
Speaker 2: Me guess it's also on by China.
Speaker 1: By Byte Dance, Yes, the exact same. So you're gonna run into the same problem here, if you know, if you're buying into oh, I'll just you know, I'll wean myself off of TikTok because it may be going away and I'll get things going over on Lemon eight. Just know that things could go the same direction there with that Ultimately.
Speaker 3: I am so glad that's not one of my concerns. I got to wean myself off a TikTok pack.
Speaker 1: It's a big issue with a lot of concerns because there's millions and millions of folks who you know, live and die by that.
Speaker 2: And it's billions of dollars of a world. I'm aware.
Speaker 1: Net neutrality looks like it has been dealta final defeats. Remember the net neutrality rules that were debated and at one point being enforced, and then they were rescinded and they were put back in. Then they it looks like they're gonna go by by and not come back. After a ruling last week by US Appeals Court on Thursday stating that the FCC does not have legal authority to reinstate landmark net neutrality rules. That's basically the the thought that all Internet traffic should be created or not created, but treated equally. As far as you know, bandwidth it's given. It shouldn't be slowed down or throttled or anything like that. Let's be honest, these most Internet service providers are offering more than enough bandwidth for your average user, and you're probably not really experiencing slowdowns on a regular basis, like you might have as little as five years ago. Now. The debate still remains, though, should there be some regulations like this in place. I'm not going to take a side on this again, it's another subject. You feel how you feel on this, and that's fine. Consumer electronics show going on this week in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's big news.
Speaker 1: Some of the stranger items on display. Have you ever thought about going out to that?
Speaker 2: Yes? I know that you're big into electronics.
Speaker 1: Yes, but the problem is it runs literally like right after we come back from our annual holiday break, So I'd have to extend that to make it three weeks.
Speaker 2: You okay with that?
Speaker 3: Or we could or no, we're not doing three weeks. You never thought of it as but or we could maybe do the show from there.
Speaker 1: Once you work on that, let me know how that works out.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't really care that much about it.
Speaker 1: I know it's just a trip to Vegas for you.
Speaker 2: I get it, all right.
Speaker 1: How about a robot vacuum that picks up your dirty socks? Lazy? Yeah, it's it's like a room Bob but has an room bob, but it has an arm on top. That picks up stuff you toss on the floor. It's made by a company called roboock. Oh, so it does everything, not just dirty socks. It's yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 3: How does it decipher between dirty socks and dirty underway or a small dog?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a prototype. No word on pricing, but probably around one thousand bucks. You'll be able to pick up small items away less than eleven ounces. I'm with you, though, Just just pick your stuff up. Yeah, it's not really that difficult. How about electric roller blades? You wear the battery around your waist like a belt and control the speed with a remote top speed eighteen miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Roller blades are already dangerous enough.
Speaker 1: This would be eight hundred dollars if you want to relive your nineties glory days.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of like an e bike, but it's e blades exactly.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: An electronic saltspoon. Now, we talked about this one last year, but it looks like it's gonna be available here in the as it went on sale in Japan last year. This specialized spoon delivers a weak current of electricity to your tongue and makes stuff taste saltier than it really is without you actually having to use salt. So if you crave salt but you know it's bad for here you have a you know, a blood pressure issue or whatever, you can still get that salty delightfulness for one hundred and twenty five dollars with the electric salt spoon.
Speaker 2: Well shocking your tongue, no thanks.
Speaker 1: A table with working legs. It's called Memo and it walks around. The prototype looks like a small side table with the Pixar lamp on top. The idea that it's an AI robot you can talk to, but it also looks like furniture run Who needs this?
Speaker 2: What is it called Memo? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: A stringless guitar. It's like an adult version of those push button guitars the little kids get, you know, for five hundred bucks. You can feel like you're, you know, a real shredder there without actually playing a guitar.
Speaker 2: Or you could just play the game or just learn to play guitar. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And finally, a tiny robot that blows on your drink to cool it down for you. It's called Fufu. Looks like a little cat and it hangs on the side of your coffee mug or your souper bowl.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 1: Blows on your hot beverage or food.
Speaker 2: These are the biggest lazy people things I've ever heard A table that walks to you. We'run the bleeding edge this week, folks.
Speaker 3: Some ones wj R R Central Florida's attitude problem since nineteen ninety three,