Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 2: Heard the end.
Speaker 1: You were pay us back just ability show. Well, good morning, folks.
Speaker 2: What is up a little late to the party today? I, uh, everything's gonna be a little late today. Okay, Today's show brought to you by Hydroblue dot com really, the sponsor basically of the uh really, the sponsor of the tinfoil had contest this year. Hello, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Really this for real? They sent me a boy, I got a box over here of awards basically from hydro Blue. I told them we were going to Prepper Camp. I told them I was going to give away some of the stuff they sent me previously for the tinfoil hat winners. And they were like, now we'll send you a new box of goodies. So if you're coming to prepper Camp and you're participating in the tinfoil hat contest, which you better be, then uh yeah, get ready for some water filtration. Get ready to stick your middle finger to the face of Iranian cyber hackers when they try to attack your water system. How's that sound? That sounds pretty good. That sounds pretty damn good. So we're a couple of days out. I wanted to talk, you know, sort of planning and preparation and some things related to that, and maybe maybe a little bit behind the scenes stuff in terms of like what's coming to prepper camp. But you know, fueling up oil changes. I gotta get an oil change really soon, probably today or tomorrow. Vehicle maintenance, by and large, right, making sure that if you're going on this road trip, like what's the overall situation with the vehicle, because, like, let's be honest, like from the mechanical standpoint, the modern day vehicle is an exceptional piece of equipment. You can't fix your own car nowadays. I'm gonna get real with you. Okay, I'm gonna get real with you. You can't fix your own car the way you used to. You can't tinker around in there. And I tried to be slick and I tried to bring this talking point up to my dad. Right, who is we get the yap and back. We could do a show. Actually, we do a show when we get together. Largely we do our own broadcast, and it is uh, are the Eagles gonna be good this year? Our next fishing trip? Politics? That's the that's the Waltons show that we do. Me and my dad almost every time we hang out, we have a blast. I'm always sitting there like at some point in our conversation going I should record this shit, but no, I shouldn't. So anyway, I tried to bring that up to my dad. I tried to talk to my dad that way about like, oh, it's no good and you can't fix your car. You can't get under the hood like you used to be able to do, and you can't do all this stuff. And and my dad has a really interesting view on things. It's really always kind of like experience and truth driven. And you know what he said to me, said, Jim, the cars nowadays there are a million times better we had cars, and all through all through his experience with cars, right about sixty six, on nineteen sixty six on right was cars break down, Like yeah, you could go back and forth to work and stuff like that locally. But cars sometimes they were good, sometimes they weren't. If you knew what you were doing with them, you could get them to work. If you didn't and they broke down, you know, they had the car beraiders all these kinds of thing. He would just tell me, like from his point of view, right being a eighty seventy six year old man looking at the whole breadth of cars. He says, cars today are I mean, they're just so much better than anything we had growing up from a reliability standpoint, you know, so minimal amounts of like is this thing gonna make it another? However long you're going at on the front end, kind of paid dividends on the back and in terms of you know, planning, packing, road trip and whatnot. I don't know how like heavily you guys packed the vehicle for long trips, largely because I keep it. I don't even need a get home bag, but I keep a get home bag in the car. There's not much getting home I do, you know what I mean, But I keep one of those that bag I call to get home bag.
Speaker 1: But basically, it's.
Speaker 2: A modular preparedness backpack, is what it is. That's kind of the best way to describe it. It's a modular preparedness backpack that contains sort of basic level preps, very moderate shelter, you know, food, water, cutting tools, a variety of cutting tools, some trap stuff, like really basic trapping stuff, maps, a book, all all the things you need to eat and to heat right boil water, that kind of stuff, jet fuel, jet boil rather and from there light first aid right, and from there I usually modify to whatever's going on, right, like if if it's a camping trip or something like that, then some things come out and some things go in, and you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So, really, other than not really calling it a certain kind of backpack or bag, it really is just sort of a catch all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it is.
Speaker 2: Its basically a catch all for preparedness at large. But you know what I could stand to throw in the car before the trip is a can of fix a flat that goes a long way in a bad situation. That ride home from prepper camp after a long weekend and to boom, you get that nice, that wonderful message that your tire pressure is low right and you can get you can get home on fix a flat And it makes a world of difference.
Speaker 1: Obviously. Jumper cables. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: My niece had a jumper box that was like it looked like a cell phone and we used it down the beach for one of our neighbors while we were at the in the outer Banks, and man, that thing started that car right up, right up it's awesome.
Speaker 1: I gotta write that.
Speaker 2: Down, and you need to get one of those from my wife. It's just too convenience, too small, it's too great, it's too powerful, it's perfect.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The one that my wife uses is much bigger, more of a pain. But anyway, having some of those basic things right to kick start your vehicle if something happens, to make sure that you can finish out the trip no matter what, you know, whatever it takes, and probably the biggest of all, right, particularly for those of you who maybe aren't married and things like that, it's like let people know. Man, you know, I'm leaving for five days, Like, let people know, because it's one of those things. Yeah, you definitely want to let people know. I don't know what's going on over at Instagram. There's something wrong over there.
Speaker 1: It looks like I could be wrong. Oh maybe not.
Speaker 2: It looks okay, I'm late to the party. You know, the morning crowds and the night crowds are so much better than like the ten thirty on crowds. It's a very different ballgame. It's a very very different ballgame. But you have to understand. When I do a video, a live video like this, it turns into a podcast and goes audio after this show. Yeah, I want to show you something though, but don't forget that piece of the puzzle, right you're let somebody know I'm going.
Speaker 1: To prepper Camp.
Speaker 2: I'm gone for three days, so I've been playing around a little bit. And actually you're gonna get the first peek at this thing. Man, this is prototype. This is serious, serious proto typery. Right here, you're gonna get my first impressions.
Speaker 1: I'm looking.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing some things to Preppercamp. Okay, I'm bringing some things to Preppercamp for the children. Like a nice responsible adult for the children. We're bringing these. They're pretty cool. What I'm showing everybody as a three D printed, not pointy butterfly knife that kids can play around with. Yeah, we'll have those at the booth. Though we are doing disaster coffee. We're gonna be selling some other stuff as well. One of those that is an example of one such thing.
Speaker 1: Now, the other thing.
Speaker 2: I'd like to create, and I may have created it, might have to play with it a little bit, but what I'd like to create is the invisible DC knife, And and you won't be able to see the whole thing this could It might not look anything like this. This is literally me prototyping for today. What I have here is sort of like I can't get this support off out of my way. I have one of those sort of eagle clawized I carry like a real one of these, like a metal one. But I've had this idea in my head of like, uh, and this may be a little too big for what I want to do even but I've had this idea in my head about like something small and effective that you could carry on your person.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 2: Is invisible, the invisible DC if you will right, the invisible DC that if you needed it in an area where security is real secure, but you're not so sure about how secure secure is. If you get my drift right, like they want you to surrender, they're all your weapons, and you feel like, I don't know if everybody's gonna play.
Speaker 1: That game or not.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna play around with this and see if I can sharpen it. The point is pretty good. I feel like we could do a better point though, if we can get a good point and a good edge on a small knife something like this. I'm also gonna wrap the edge and maybe some of the ring with some survivor cord. Okay, so then you're gonna have this knife with your little wrap, and you're also gonna have a survivor cord which has jute in there, it's got cotton cord, it's got fishing line in there, and uh, I don't know, just a really cool combo, you know what I mean. It's not gonna be like a it's not gonna be a thing that has utility over time. This little invisible edc knife, it's there for one reason, right, It's there for I'm going to a place where they don't want me to be armed and everyone has to play by the same rules, and I don't feel good about everybody playing by those rules type of thing, do you know what I mean? So this could be it this little eagle claw type of I really like these, man Like I have a metal one of these. It's it's pretty sweet. So yeah, that's a little sneak peek. You could see something that looks like that. The other thing is the ability to carry it.
Speaker 1: Also.
Speaker 2: I want to make sure people can carry that thing without stabbing themselves into femeral artery. Although that pointed sort of shank design is kind of cool because of that, right, because of that reason, So three D printers off for now, because you wouldn't be able to hear anything if it was on. But that's a piece of the puzzle. That's a piece of what's coming. We're gonna have some other big gear there. Two you know what I mean, some other gear there. Now we get the Prepper Camp this year, and it's a little bit different because we have lots of resources, lots of food, lots of water, lots of access to resources at large, so it's not as austere as camping in previous years. But at the same time, you know, we're packing a vehicle to go a long distance. We have to set up an operation, make sales, you know, the whole thing, be personable, be presentable right over time, over days. And that challenge is going to be a little different this year because we're dealing with you know, August temperatures. Let's see what the weather underground has to say for the Prepper Camp goers. I'm pretty sure I have.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe I don't.
Speaker 2: Actually it's on my cell phone. What's it Mills Oak or something Oak, Mills, Mill Spring, that's it, Mill Spring, North Carolina. Let's have a look here. Let's see how wet, how sweaty, how hot, how miserable, how.
Speaker 1: The whole thing? What's it gonna be.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna share it because some of you might be watching, who are going and haven't checked out the.
Speaker 1: The recent forecast. So let's look at it together. What do we got going on here? Oops? There we go.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna end this. I don't see anybody watching over it. Instance, I don't think something's working right, but it's drawn draw on tremendous resources.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it looks like.
Speaker 2: H nineties, partly nothing like a good ad nineties, partly cloudy ninety one, so low nineties, Thursday, nothing really going on Thursday, but set up Friday ninety four, hot hot day, partly cloudy, Saturday pm thunderstorm, Sunday pm thunderstorms. So yeah, should be pretty interesting. Hot time in the old town, A hot time in the old town.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what you know, you're packing and you're planning, you're looking at a forecast like that, What are you thinking?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to remove that remove So what do you you know in a situation like that, you're thinking about things, right, You're thinking about what level of rain gear, what change of boots and shoes and clothes in the whole nine yards? How much protection do I need? In the case of campers? Right, is my tent? Uh waterproof?
Speaker 1: How is it?
Speaker 2: Not only is it waterproof, but how am I setting up my tent? And where's the water coming from? In what direction? This is huge when you set up your tent in what direction is the water going to flow? Whence it starts pouring down rain in the PM, you know, and like what's that going to look like? You know, is the water going to come pouring into the side of the tent and sneak its way into the front door? Do I have the front door of the tent facing up a hill because it looks nice and the access is easy. But once we start getting downpours all of a sudden, all the water is rolling right in through the front door, you know what I mean? And now, no matter how what to proof your ten is, it's filling up with water or you know, you have a big puddle out front. Whatever situation is, all those sort of rain water management's flooding management situations comes into play. Where your electronics gonna go? You know, nowadays nowadays, we all have some kind of life poor or you know, lithium iyon like kind of nickel cadmium batteries powering some sort of sidekick electric device that we are depending on, you know what I mean that we're all sort of depending on for some kind of power recharge, charge up the laptop, this one and that one the other thing. And it's really easy to forget about that thing when the rain starts pouring down, and you know, those things and water they do not mingle, right, they do not mingle. I'm gonna be honest with you, like I'm not talking about packing out for SHT and I'm not talking about planning for long term situations. But in my experience, man less is more less of what you need is more than extra gear that you're never gonna touch, you know, Like in other words, if you got a great raincoat, then you got a great raincoat. Or if your raincoat is so so, but you have a dry change of clothes in the car in the tent, like just get wet, you know. Like the rains are coming into PM and we have, you know, four more hours of prepper camp. It's starting to rain. Throw the crocks on shorts, t shirt, and get wet, get completely soaked through, have fun, enjoy the rain. It's actually really fun to get soaking wet in August. You have no there's no threat of hypothermia when it's ninety four degrees, you know what I mean. So yeah, it's just like sometimes rather than packing like some sort of massive collection of gear, tarps and on top of tarps, and the tarps were under the tent and over the tent and you know whatever, or rain boots and this boots and galoshes and hip waiters and all that kind of stuff. Like, especially in the summer, when the weather is on your side, it is kind of like just get wet, you know, maybe even bring a bathing suit, put the bathing suit on, you know, if you're a dude, board shorts, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And just get wet, change your shirt, change your bathing suit.
Speaker 2: Boom drice, nice dry pair of boxers. Not for you commandos out there, but for the rest of us, nice dry pair of boxers and that's it, you know, new shirt, new shorts, boom back in action. In my experience with wet other events and that kind of stuff, like if we're dealing with seasonable, comfortable weather, comfortable temperatures. You know what I'm saying, Get the electronics safe, get the valuables safe and out of the rain, and then enjoy yourself, man like, seriously enjoy yourself. What else are some big sticking points for this one? In particular because of the nineties, there will undoubtedly be a big cooler full of ice and water at my booth. So if you get in trouble, swing by, just because you know you can't drink enough water in a situation like that. Tinfoil hat contest Saturday at our booth, twelve noon. Don't miss that one. Like we mentioned at the beginning of the show, I one thirty each day on thirty right, I darn my butt. Uh. The common sense practical Prepper, who is also doing a class, printed me up a really nice version of the Prepper camp schedule. Where's my man, Keith Hat. You guys know him if you watch The Mother of Mayhem?
Speaker 1: Where's it at? Here? Here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this thing real quick, shall we. Let's talk about that, you know what, Let's bring it up. Let's let's give Keith credit where credits due, because uh, you guys can look at it too.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: I hope you can anyway. I hope you didn't throw my home address on this thing. But right before I got on, he actually shared something with me in uh, in the drive here, shared with me, Hello, wake up.
Speaker 1: This is nice this dude.
Speaker 2: You know it's prepper camp man. Like you want to raise your faith in humanity? That's the thing that we don't talk about, but honestly, like, if you want to, if you want to increase your faith in humanity, like come hang with the preppers. As counterintuitive as that sounds, I'm telling you, let's.
Speaker 1: Open this baby all the way up. Give it. It's just due.
Speaker 2: So what Keith's done here, because he's the man, is uh, oh you know what. I gotta share that with you, don't I. Because he's the man, he created like a basically a class schedule for me, like personally, very nice of him to do that. Oh you know what, it doesn't look as good in here. No, we don't want to do that one. Let's go back to the other one and we could talk about some classes here, you know what I mean, We'll talk about some classes and what's on when.
Speaker 1: All right, come on now.
Speaker 2: Because as you know, man, where'd it go?
Speaker 1: Disappeared?
Speaker 2: Where's me prep a camp's schedule? I guess it'll be my reasons?
Speaker 1: Right? What happened? I was in a different James. That was weird.
Speaker 2: I just logged into my hackers profile. Whoever's whoever's currently hacking my computer? I accidentally logged in his. Sorry, buddy, I mean to log into your or log in rather to your your version of the situation?
Speaker 1: Can we zoom a little bit? A little bit? Very nice, stunning, So let's have a look.
Speaker 2: So he's got me hooked up, I mean absolutely hooked up. He's got my class Home based business. Tent nine one thirty pm daily, seventy five capacity tent beautiful, wonderful, excellent, you've got corrections up here. Restoring cast iron added four pm, Tent nine.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: Ham Radio event moved to Tent nine. Ten nine is where it's going down. Home based business. So every day the classes run the same situation, right each day? What do we got here? Immunity, ambush and bush. I really want to see, right, I really want to see ambush at nine. It's gonna be a tough one to get to for the uh, for the coffee guy. Nine am. And also I want to see Keith at nine am Active Shooter. That's gonna be sweet. Sear's gonna be good nine o'clock. Dutch Oven's always good. How not to Die in the Wilderness is all you got? That's that's a great.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: J Ferg Oh, the ten to fifteen hours is on. I mean it's it's on. The medicinal plant. Oh, the ten to fifteen hour. Good luck, good luck, good luck. Dutch Oven awesome. How not to Die in the woods with the Big Pig Outdoors awesome. Utilizing fibers, got to see it. You have to go one day to utilizing fibers with Jay ferg Homestead reality is great too with Jane Medicinal plant walk is probably pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I never done it.
Speaker 2: And then the NBC class like Dave Jones, the NBC guy, how you Rick? How are you gonna make the Phoenix and Dave Jones compete at ten fifteen? That is not fair to your your people coming Situational awareness eleven thirty is probably pretty awesome. Secret Garden Greenhouse great, ghost phones and computers with Mark thirty seven awesome. Uh, preserving for pets is gonna be great. That's our friend the Canning Diva, Diane. That's gonna be great. Lunch time. We got the protection dog demo. That's always a good one. One thirty right after lunch comes see me home based Business. I'm gonna give you five businesses you can start over the weekend. Five businesses money makers over the weekend that you can start if you wanted to from your house right. You know it's up to you. Gotta take it.
Speaker 1: As far as you're gonna take it, that's up to you.
Speaker 2: But oh, I'm doomed. My class is doomed. I got to go up against Sarah Hathaway my class. And your body is a weapon, Like I'm inclined in all honesty to tell you to go to your body as a weapon. But the good thing is you got three days, so you can choose three classes each hour and you'll get to see them. So go to home based business one day, go to your body as a weapon one day.
Speaker 1: And what else is it? Going?
Speaker 2: Heritage Food Craft is the Canning Diva again, I definitely go. What happens after Bang is another phenomenal class man. That's if you carry a gun, knife, you know how to throw hands, anything like that. You've got to go to what Happens after Bang. It is an eye opener about self defense, Like it opens your eyes about self defense. Tanning Hides is cool that if you're into those types of skills. At the two forty five time frame. The AI class I hear is really good. I've never done it, but I've heard it's really disappear on the Internet's cool with Forest Garvin's that's a good one. The Mesh Tel two forty five, you have to go to the Mesh class. You have to go see Chin at the Mesh class. That's essential. That's an absolute essential. Restoring cast iron is good. The Wine making class is good. Avoiding Abduction. You gotta see Avoiding Abduction Sarah Hathaway's second class. Everybody has to see it. Everybody has to do Avoiding abduction at least once. Live without Electricity sounds cool. Trash Bag survival that's E. J.
Speaker 1: Snyder.
Speaker 2: That'll be great. Drones post disaster, that will be great. Definitely go see that Ham Radio exam if you're into that kind of thing. Project apple Seed is always pretty good. Area study map that thing's awesome. You've heard about that on my site. Definitely go check that out. Reloading Amma with the Red Eye crew. That's great. They're a good group of guys. Winning elections is really cool. That's a really cool class. What do we got so now our evening events?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: We got six thirty pm dinner and rifle set up for predators at Tent five, Find your Tribe Tent five, and that we're watching the Blast in the past. That's a good one. I hear a lot of good things about the MVG and thermal demo. I hear like that. That's gonna be pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: Tent one.
Speaker 2: We got the keynote address and the big you know, to do the big games and prizes situation Saturday night, which is essential because that's when you get awarded the winner for the tinfoil hat contests. You can't miss that. But largely that's the situation, folks. That's my two cents on the situation anyway. You know what I mean, Keith, You must your ears must have been itching, dude. I was literally just going over your awesome You're awesome freaking you just sent me.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Go over to X follow the Common Sense Practical Prepper.
Speaker 1: He's the man.
Speaker 2: Great great podcast, great insight, awesome audio, drama he's doing over there. You know, if you're into that sort of thing, if you're getting like beaten down by guys like me telling you what to do, or telling you about our day, or telling you about our big plans for the future, then you might want to get into an audio drama.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I get that way. I run a podcast network, guys, and I get that way. Like I don't want to listen to anybody. I don't want to listen to somebody's advice today. I want to listen to a Warhammer story about space marines crushing the skulls of orcs while I run. That's what I want to do, you know what I mean. I don't want to listen to some guy telling me, even if he's awesome, even if he's great, even if I love him, even if he's right. Some days you just don't want to listen to people. So we have the Changing Earth audio drama. The common Sense Practical Prepper has his audio drama. What's the name of your audio drama? I always forget it, man, I apologize, but we'll throw it up here on the on the show. So everybody can get a chance when they when they go to the playlist they can look for it because I think I don't know to be the ability to disconnect is invaluable, man, you know what I mean. It's one of those things where it's it's literally invaluable. It's like some days you need it, some days you just need it. What else I showed you some of the wears, some of the cool stuff that we're going to be bringing. If I have time, I'm going to bring you some of the canned Ammo three D printed. Uh. I don't have it because I'm pretty sure I've mailed it to Jay Ferg. But if not, Jay Erg, I'll bring you one anyway. But they're they're just essentially these really cool little hidden Ammo sort of. It's basically a cap and some cylinders that fit inside a standard Ammo can. It comes with a lid, not an Ammo can, a tin can or aluminum can like a used veggie can, and you put you could put like two layers of I think it's like twenty rounds of nine millimeter in each layer, and then you cap the lid and you can just you can put that can anywhere cans normally go and if unless someone is like really looking, you know, what I mean. And they're like really digging through your pantry. Like if you were to take that can and put a can on top of it, nobody would ever know, no whatever, No, he had hidden ammunition in there, you know. So I'll probably bring like nine millimeter of those and set one up and show it off, sell those.
Speaker 1: Also. Thank you Jfird for that. She sent me that design. Awesome design.
Speaker 2: But I am working on this may or may not be.
Speaker 1: You may or may not see this there. Okay, this may or may not be.
Speaker 2: I gotta see how pointy I can get it, if I can get any kind of an edge on this thing. This may not even be the same night knife type. It'll probably be something similar to this though. And this, like I said, will be wrapped in survivor cord and this will be the invisible DC knife. And then for the kids, you know, if you're a good parent like me, you can get them a three D butterfly knife so they don't steal yours and cut their finger off or something along those lines.
Speaker 1: These will be there.
Speaker 2: I'll probably probably be like five bucks or something for the kids to take and play with. Hey man, one thing I've learned over the years okay, planning, packing, preparation, you know, marketing materials, headaches, muscle aches.
Speaker 1: Back paint.
Speaker 2: One thing I've learned over the year is at Prepper Camp, it's like, if you didn't have a great time, and if you're not leaving feeling great, you have to you have to change your plan for next year. Dave Jones always says, if your plan is to go somewhere and do something, you have a bad plan. And that works for Prepper Camp too, you know what I mean. Like on the top of the heap should be let's have ourselves an awesome time. You know, let's have ourselves a phenomenal time of Prepper Camp twenty twenty six the Prepper Broadcasting Networks Official Family Reunion. Essentially, let's enjoy ourselves this year, you know what I mean, plan for that too. All right, I'm getting out of here, folks. Thank you so much for all of you for joining me. Visit Redbeaconmedia dot com check out the new thing that we're doing. And for those of you who are listening to this and going like I wouldn't mind hearing some more from these guys, subscribe, go to Spotify, iTunes, wherever you listen to podcasts, subscribe, listen to PBN. You know, we do about four to five shows every single day on preparedness in the like. I'm not even talking into the microphone. I'm just up here. I don't know how my thing got so wacky, but so yeah, I look forward to seeing you. I may be on tomorrow. I may not be on tomorrow. Tomorrow is packing day for me and crossing T's dot and eyes and all that kind of stuff, so you may not hear from me tomorrow. We're likely to take the rest of the week off of Red Beacon Daily News. We'll have our daily shows up, we'll have our church and stayed up and that kind of stuff, and I'll drop in definitely on travel Day and probably a bunch of times through I don't know acts exactly this year, because one thing I forgot to check was the viability of live streaming from the try On location. Though I have to imagine they got pretty good Wi Fi, even downhill from their main location, So I mean, if the WiFi is good, you'll see me a lot, and I don't think I'll be as hampered brewing coffee at ninety four degrees. I think I'll have some time to get around. But all right, folks, I do appreciate you all. Thanks so much for joining me today, and I will talk to you soon. Don't forget hydroblue dot Com, the official sponsor this year the tinfoil hat contest. We appreciate you guys. He's dropping off all those water filters. That's cool man, Talk to you