Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: I kind of keeping a look out of the court of my eye. At the Democratic National Gas Joe Biden was supposed to give his swan song, his his his, well, not his final speech as president, but certainly his final speech to a Democratic National convention. It's now eleven nine or eleven oh eight, and they haven't let him up there yet. Chris Coons, Uh, the senator from Delaware, one of the two senators from Delaware, is up there speaking. This is cruel. It's like, give him its time. Half of Americas has already turned in and gone to bed, but we got an hour left to go, and let's keep rolling. Six one, seven, triple eight, nine to nine, ten thirty. We're talking about the choice. We're left with Donald Trump, who you know, seems to be I think running for I don't know, the host of the Tonight Show or something. And Don Rickles, and we have Vice President Harris who seems to be on economic issues. Just throwing it out there, throwing it out there. We'll smash people's patents, we'll take their patents, we'll we'll tell people what they can produce and what they can charge for I mean, talk about a command and controlled economy. If Venzuela here we come. Let's let me go to Joe and to Joe. You're next on Nightside.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Thanks Dan Vern it's great show you. I just said two quick points.
Speaker 5: The first one is talking about, you know, the choice we have to make picking your poison. I think that you know this is this terrible choice in the last one was just as bad. And even going back to the first Trump against Hillary. Yeah, we have the news between two very bad candidates. But I don't think the candidates are the problem. I think they're the result of the problem. And the problem is the political system in our country is so broken and so corrupt that the only natural result is flawed terrible candidates.
Speaker 3: You might be right, I just don't understand. They're smart people in both parties, in the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. And it seems that if I don't know, I mean, you know, Donald Trump kind of steamrolled the Republican Party in twenty sixteen. I didn't think that he was going to be nominated by the Republican Ard. He's changed the focus of the Republican Party. Joe Biden campaigned from his basement and somehow won that election. And now I refer to the vice president's nomination, you know, presidential nomination as the immaculate nomination. It's miraculous. Never raised money, never got to vote for president, to win me delegates, and now she's the nominee of the party. I think about what Mike Doucaccus went through in the campaign trail. I covered that in nineteen eighty eight. Uh, you know what what Bill Clinton went through in the campaign trail to win the nomination, What President Obama went through he had to defeat Hillary Clinton in two thousand and eight. And Joe Biden. I mean, it's been a cake walk for for Vice President Harris.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing I don't understand, Like it just seems like there's someone or some people behind the you know, pulling strings with the you know, like the puppet strings making.
Speaker 3: Read marine read marine. Dowds call him in the in the New York Times this past weekend on Saturday. The Dems are delighted. But a coup is still a coup. I mean, at poor Joe Biden. They could have they put it got him on tonight at nine. They're just speaker after speaker after speaker. This reminds me of George mcgovernor in nineteen seventy two when they didn't finally nominate George McGovern until about two thirty in the morning, and he spoke to you to the nation that had gone to sleep. I think it was still prime time in Hawaii and parts of Alaska.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what you do when you're trying to do something sneaky, you do it when no one's looking.
Speaker 3: I guess so, I guess so.
Speaker 5: I mean, to my point, like you said, when's the next Reagan or the next Kennedy, I don't think there's ever going to be one, because I don't think the system is designed to push those people forward.
Speaker 3: I fear you're right, to be honest with you, because I don't think that we're getting the best in the brightest. I don't think we're getting the best in the brightest in the political arena period. We're getting ideologues either from the far right or the far left. I mean, look at Senator Warren in Massachusetts, you know, I mean talk about a lightweight my.
Speaker 5: Opinion, Well, honestly, Dan, the best and the brightest people wouldn't want to put themselves through this. I don't think yeah, because it's it's not a pleasant process to go through, and I think people say, hey, I don't need that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh, well it's it's raising money and all you know, it's it's I guess it's it's the worst system in the world, but it's better than all the rest. I don't know how to I think you make great points. I can't disagree with you. Joe. Appreciate your calling as always. I hope you keep calling the show.
Speaker 6: Thanks all.
Speaker 3: I love the show man, Thank you much, appreciate it.
Speaker 6: All.
Speaker 3: Right, day, take a very quick break. Well, we might be getting closer to Joe Biden here. We'll see. We're not going to play his speech for you, but you know it'll be uh please stay with us. We'll be back at night Side right after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World in Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Taking them as they come. Let's go to Sandy in West Roxbury. Sandy, welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 8: Excuse me, very well? Thank you?
Speaker 3: How are you right ahead? What's your take on all of this tonight?
Speaker 8: Well, I have two things to say, as bad and inventile, as Trump's remarks are it's better that stupid warding and that word stupid again, that infantile warding as opposed to people shooting each other. And in the first his first four years, I mean, he was constantly picking fights and being ridiculous in his warding. But the world was quiet, and I think that's part of his strategy. And the other thing I want to say is that this has really irked me for a long time. The Democrats keep saying, we have to say about democracy. We don't have democracy. We never did have a democracy. If you read the Constitution, shouldn't the word democracy is not even in there. We have a republic, and it seems like people either don't know that or have forgotten that. And purposely we don't have a democracy because the founding fathers did not feel that rule by the masses was anything to aim for.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The other thing, the other thing too, just to make to support your point, is I don't think that the the immaculate nomination of Vice President Harris is the process. It was a democratic process.
Speaker 8: Well, nothing the Democrats do is democratic, back back room politics.
Speaker 3: And as Maureen Dawd says Uh said in the in The New York Times on Saturday. The Dems are delighted, But a coup is still a coup, if you call a coup. Yeah, Pelosi and Schumer and uh, you know various other you know, George Clooney, you know, people of influence within Democratic Party.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I don't pretend to have read all of the Federalist papers, but I read enough of them to get the gist of it. But the main point that they said, which is just so true, if all people were angels, we would need a constitution, and if all people were devils, then no constitution would work anyway. And so you have to find something in the middle, you know. And I think they've done a pretty good job. You're right. I mean it would be different if we had different candidates, But given the candidates we have, I mean, Trump, I think is infantile, there's no question about it, but he knows how to run the world.
Speaker 3: Well. Again, everybody's going to make their own decision. I just I'm looking at the choices tonight and not feeling especially inspired.
Speaker 8: No, but you know that if we get Harris in that the world is going to go insane because they're going to judge are totally incompetent as they did by then, and they're just going to keep on encroaching the bad guys, as we say, and that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: It's troubling. It's troubling no matter what. As always, I appreciate your call, Sandy, Thank you much.
Speaker 8: All right, you take care, talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Have a great night.
Speaker 6: Night.
Speaker 3: All right, good night. Let's keep rolling here. I'm going to try to sneak one in here before the news at the bottom of the hour. Theodore in Baltimore. Theodore, I don't once you have to wait through the news.
Speaker 9: Go right ahead, can you hear me?
Speaker 3: I can hear you? Find theatre? Go right ahead.
Speaker 9: I'm listening to your caller. Them the monica that you gave land to the people. They who were clapping in the orders. I wouldn't call them dumb. I just I just call them there please with the candidates and then reference to the candidates.
Speaker 3: Well, the reason I don't know if I if I use the word dumb, I probably shouldn't have, but I would say that it reminds me almost theater of a bad movie script. I mean, it's like if you liked me, I promise I mean, if we're going to give twenty five hous thousand dollars for people, you know, which is insane, but that's economically insane. Why not give twenty thousand dollars for people who need new cars?
Speaker 1: Y know?
Speaker 3: Why not give ten thousand dollars for people who would like season tickets to the Ravens games or something.
Speaker 9: I understand that that's people make promises that in many cases can't go forward when they are elected. But I'm looking at the candidates, and I'm looking at a man who told people like me who caught COVID that I should inject bleach. He did not expect.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny. It's funny. I'm waiting for someone to bring this up. Okay, do me a favor. He never said that, okay. And I'm not here to defend Donald Trump. Okay, But I have in.
Speaker 9: Front of the path conference I have in front.
Speaker 3: Of me, Okay, I have in front of me a fact check on that he was at a news conference. You're correct in which another gentleman an expert named William Bryan. Okay, he was under under Secretary for Science and Technology at the Department of Homeland Security. Okay, Brian speaks first, and Trump spoke after him. Brian said that his team had done some experiments that found that sun exposure and disinfectants, and I remember this news conference the cleaning agents like bleach could kill COVID nineteen on surfaces. Remember there was the whole conversation about did you get it through the air. We found out it eventually was like earborne. So Brian steps aside, concludes his research. Trump takes the mic and sort of riffs. As Trump does, he's looking back and forth at reporters, and then Brian, who's sitting off to the side. Trump says, speaking to reporters, you know a question that a lot of you are probably thinking, is that if we hit the body this now is, in Trump's words, with a tremendous ultra violet, a very powerful light. And I'm sort of paraphacting here for the sake of clarity. Then he turns to Brian and he says, that hasn't been checked, but you're gonna test it, which you can do either through the skin or some other way. And I think you said you're gonna test That sounds interesting, right. He goes on and he says, I see the disinfected word knocks it out in one minute. Is there a way we could do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs. Trump is referring to the virus. He goes on a tremendous number of the lungs. And I think it's been interesting. It's typical. He never says that you're gonna inject bleach. Okay, And if you can find me the SoundBite where Donald Trump says, I recommend to the American people that they inject bleach, send it to me, Theodore. I will have you on the show as a guest host.
Speaker 9: Well, guess what, Dan, he said, this is gonna be over fifteen minutes now. In reference to him going on some flights of fancy, if you want to call it, when he's at the kodium, to me, he's sing out. And this man even made comments about his own daughter being attractive to him, and I.
Speaker 3: Will understand, and and and you were both find to be repulsive. And then and then you have Joe Biden, who was who apparently has had a a tendency to kind of struggle with with young girls.
Speaker 9: And yes, and I'm a Christian and I'm a former serviceman, and I'm gonna tell you that you can't get the people who says the he he tells the Christians the vote and every Sunday when they come on television and getting their pulpits, and they talk about some of the patriarchs who fell, and they are willing to set aside this man's lion, this man's adultery, this man and absolutely being unfit mentally for the post. They give a very lie to the profession on which which they stand up in front of people. And and and uh and a spouse and I'm a serviceman. When he said that the middle of honor is no more worth than a presidential uh he gives to politicians like miss Adelson. That offended many.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get they get the Presidential Medal of you. You and I are in complete agreement. Theater, Okay, they get the Presidential Medal of Freedom, to athletes, to two movie stars, to to a variety of people. The medal of honor you and I both know is it isn't one.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: It is earned because of the valor and this and the situation and the circumstances that that men men and women in the military put themselves uh in such great danger, and all I.
Speaker 9: Didn't earn one. I wasn't worthy of one because of the position that I had in the military. But for a friend of mine who got killed over there, and other people got family members coming him from a man who got a doctor to say he had bone spurs to avoid the draft, where he had nothing wrong with him. He called He called a mister h a senator who was the senator from Arizona, McCain. He said he was a loser. He called men in the military who died losers. I have no respect I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to argue with Theodore, not arguing on that at all. But I just think between the between the two of them, I can raise issues about Harris here.
Speaker 6: That's true, you know.
Speaker 9: I mean another point I like to bring up, which in reference to fascism capitalism, just I'll give you I found out not I'm not a serious study about this, but I I found out for it. And I'll give an example. In nineteen ninety six, Eunieva Strauss made eight hundred million dollars profit. Two years later they made six hundred million. They screamed the dividends. One's big enough, the person is big enough. They called an chainsaw our dunlap. And that's why Levi Strauss doesn't even make games in this country. There is something to be said, and I lost a good frint over this. There's something to be seid for putting the reins on capitalism, which said, as long as you're le you could do anything you want.
Speaker 3: There's there's plenty of range. There's plenty, you know, Theodore, there's plenty of rangs on capitalism. Okay, we do not have what you would call unfettered capitalism. Okay, corporations pay taxes, wealthy individuals paid taxes. They pay more taxes than you and I do. Maybe you want to see them pay more. But capitalism has given the world a greater standard of living than any other economic system invented by men or woman.
Speaker 9: But I would like you to respond to this last comics where I go. First of all, if they took the camp off of fighter, social security, ladies and gentlemen would be solving for one thousand years. Right now, guy makes billions of dollars. He only has to pay fighter taxes on like what said one hundred and eighty something thousand dollars. But the Republicans will not. They will not do that in Congress. And that's why they scare us about Social Security, having our checks cut and not having enough to pay people their benefits. So I think they need a course on that. And Dan, once again, you get the best. You get my medal of honor for being a great talk show.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: One thing I do try to allow people like you who who have something to say and say it well, an opportunity to I'm going to disagree with you on most things, as you know. And uh, and and we'll we'll again part his friends, and I'll look forward to our next phone phone conversation.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, have a great night, you.
Speaker 3: Too, theater. I have a great one. Okay, let's keep rolling here. We're gonna get one more in before the break. I'm not gonna make Tim and Taunt wait any longer. Tim Europe and Europe on nights. I go ahead, Tim, damn good, anything away you I'm doing just great. Tim, co ahead, sir good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be going into diplomatic global drive and say, uh, I'm not overjoyed about either of the candidates. To just leave it at down, I'll say no, more fair enough specific topic, but I have concern where we stand on the world stage. I think there's a lot of things that potentially occurrent in the coming you know, four year, regardless of.
Speaker 3: Who's end with the term always will yet there's always things we haven't thought of that will happen. I couldn't agree with you more.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, obviously we have the situation in Ukraine, but I think there's other parts, specifically in Asia, that are also potentially able to kick off yep. And I have concern about who's going to be in that position. And I think either way you should get everyone a bit of pause, because I'm not confident and I'm sure many others are not that there's a lot of answers.
Speaker 3: Well, I agree with you. I think that Taiwan is a tinder box. The Chinese obviously have their eye on Taiwan. How are we going to handle that? You got Ukraine? Who knows where that's going to end up. We've seen some very interesting developments in the last couple of weeks with Ukraine now actually holding Russian territory. I mean, it's a and and needless to say, the Middle East is always always a problem. You going on and on, and there's stuff that you and I can't even imagine that's going to happen in the next four years.
Speaker 1: Sit exactly and to the Middle East just quickly, good great grandchildren's great grandchildren probably won't no peace there exadly.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree, But somehow, some way, the Palestinians and the Israelis have to figure out some way in which they at least can tolerate one another and coexist as opposed to more October sevenths. There's no doubt about that in my opinion. Okay, you can't allow a terrorist attack taking twelve hundred people's, innocent, innocent people's lives and expect Israel to sit back and say, well, you know, we can tolerate the loss of twelve hundred people, but don't do it again, and we might do something to you.
Speaker 1: Right, And to think there would be any other outcome other than what has happened is I'll be a bit naive.
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree with you more. It's it's it's tough, and I mean again, give me a Jack Kennedy, give me a Ronald Reagan. I don't I don't see any of them. I don't see I don't see Kennedy. I don't see a Ronald Reagan out there in either party.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, And this is going back a little further. And I know they were not particularly fond of one another, but give me Dwight Eisenhower and Jack Kennedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they were very respectful of each other. I mean I I think that they might have been. Again, Eisenhower obviously functioned in one part of the world during World War Two. Kennedy was in a different part of the world. But I think that down deep, they must have both respected their service and their sacrifice of the other person. In my opinion. Thank you, Thanks Tim, talk soon, please call again. Thank you much. Okay, the only line open right now is the one that Tim just vacated, which is six one, seven thirty. I got two lines there, seven nine thirty. If you're on the line, Matt, Martha, Joe, you're all set. We're gonna get you in. And if you're not in the line six one seven nine thirty, we're kind of talking about what the reality is right now. Joe Biden is finally speaking. Okay, good for him. Stay with us. We're more interesting. Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's night Side with Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, next up, Thank you very much, Dan Watkins. Martha in Gloucester, who says she is a first time caller. Martha, welcome to Night's Side. How are you.
Speaker 6: Uh speaking to glocester?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, okay, that's my thank you.
Speaker 3: Are you Are you a first time before you go mark before you speak? Are you a first time caller? If you are, we want to welcome you.
Speaker 11: Yes, I am a first time caller.
Speaker 3: We give you a round up applause from our digital studio audience. Let's get the studio audience apping the rob right ahead. Martha, thank you, you're welcome right ahead.
Speaker 11: Okay, you were speaking about Koma wanting to do something and put rains on capitalism or something.
Speaker 3: Well, she's talking, yeah, I think that she would like a command economy and talking about you know, promising twenty five dollars for houses and this and that is like you know that that's just not the way the world works right now in North that's and we're going to control supermarket prices. They control supermarket prices in Venezuela and in Russia, and try try finding anything in a supermarket.
Speaker 11: Okay, Now, when back in the Obama days, the car industry was in great trouble and the goverman stepped in and did something, and the car industry did a turnaround and bounced back. No, couldn't Kamla be speaking on that type of a level.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think that that I happen to have a viewpoint which is probably somewhat different than the Vice president and may be different than yours, and that is that in this country, innovation and inventive and inventions and things like that or what happened. So there are certain cars that come on the market and they go out of business, and I don't think it's the role of the government to come in and support the sale of ed cels if the public doesn't like ed cels.
Speaker 4: And I think I agree on that.
Speaker 11: But didn't Obama really do something that listed the car industry in general up a level and out of going under I don't think the.
Speaker 3: Car the car industry was going under Marthor I don't recall specifically what you're referring to. We have, we have competition coming in from other countries, you know, cars that come in from from Europe and from Japan, and we have to somehow compete against those cars. A lot of the automotive manufacturers relocate from from states like Michigan. A lot of cars that used to be produced in Michigan now or Ohio now are produced in in in southern states. Uh. It's it's a very complicated issue. It's not as if the president can just write a check and say, let's give the car industry, uh, you know, five hundred billion dollars. Because the car industry is either going to succeed or fail on its own. We're always going to buy cars.
Speaker 11: And I've thought I thought Obama did something that helped the car industry.
Speaker 3: Well, I got to be honest with you, I don't recall it. And if someone wants to share what he did to help the car industry. There are things that I know that Trump has said that he wants to put tariffs on cars that are made in Mexico. There are apparently Chinese car companies that are Chinese companies that are building car manufacturing plants in Mexico and are hoping to flood the American market with less expensive cars. And Trump has said he will save the American car industry because he will put tariffs on those cars. That's different than giving money away or trying to support one industry over another. I don't think the car industry has ever really been in trouble in this country since Henry Ford came up with the model t Ford, in my opinion, to come up with the assembly line.
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, anyway, I just wanted to bring that up. I don't I'm not a historian to be able.
Speaker 3: To well if someone if someone wants to reinforce what you have to say and and want to come up with a specific I'd be happy to chat with them. But I appreciate you taking the time to call. My attitude is that I don't care what the product is. The government does have some responsibilities. I mean, no private company is going to build the interstate highway system. I get that, okay, and by building the interstate highway system that was a tremendous boost to the car industry back in the nineteen fifties. But I don't want to see the government picking winners and losers and saying, well, let's let's support Volkswagen over Chrysler, or let's support Mercedes Benz over over Ferraris. I just think that let let those companies compete and produce better automobiles at better prices and swayed more American people more Americans to drive. I'm I've always been a Vovo driver. I don't know. Do you have a favorite car that you type drive, car type model that you will make that you drive.
Speaker 11: I am currently like the Kia Soul, but I don't drive because of my eyesight.
Speaker 7: Right now.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is I've driven. I've driven Vovos for thirty five forty years. I'm not happy with Vovos anymore, and I'm my next car will not be a Vovo, but I only because Vovo has been sold. It's no longer the Swedish manufacturer. I'm not even sure where they make Vovos anymore. When Volvo in the eighties and nineties, they produce great cars, but I think that the cars they're producing now are not as good as they once were. So I'm looking. I'm looking at my next car probably will not be a Volvo after having been a loyal Vovo, and that's what the marketplace is about. You know, I've lost confidence in Vovo, So I'm going to look at another type, another make of cars that that I think is probably better than e Voval these days. That's that's.
Speaker 11: My favorite car was a Toyota land Cruiser because I had a motorcycle and I wanted to lug it around on the car, and I was not allowed to keep that car, and I went to Toyota Corona, which I had for ten years, and it was serviceable, but it wasn't the land Cruises that I really liked.
Speaker 3: Well, the point that I'm trying to make is that it's up to the consumers, to you and me to decide which cars to which car company survived. It's not up to the government to pick winners and loses. That's as simple as I can make my comment. Okay, okay, thanks, thanks.
Speaker 11: I appreciate your opinion, and I like it when your shows include multiple sides of issues.
Speaker 3: That's what we're trying to do every night of the week. Everyone's welcome, Everyone's welcome. I might agree or disagree with you, but come on, bring it on. Okay, thanks Martha, Okay, thank you, all right, have a great night. Let me go to Matt. Matt is in Brighton. Matt, You're next time nightsager, right ahead.
Speaker 12: Hey you done good, Matt. Welcome, So I'm watching, you know, well, I was waiting to get on. I'm watching, you know, Biden, and we'll lead up to him speaking, and I must.
Speaker 4: Say, you know, it's just such a queer.
Speaker 12: Just his health, I mean, how he looks. He can barely keep it together right now. And you know the reaction, and I think this speaks a lot because you know, it's something about psychology and how Kamala Harris and Kim Walls are reacting to all. This lead up is just so programmed and so fake about what they're saying. And I think this is where it's the first day, this is the end. It's eleven forty five, and it's scary, Dan, It's scary. It doesn't it doesn't speak to the side that cared about America.
Speaker 3: Kind I think I just think the Democrats probably have a different view of what America should be than than you might have. I mean, you know, Joe.
Speaker 4: Biden, you know you're right. I shouldn't say it like that. I shouldn't say it like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, they have a different view in that. And that's been that's been the history of this country. There's a you know again, conservative, liberal, Democrat, Republican whatever you want to call it. And you know, Joe Biden is this is his his swan song, This is his final speech before the Democratic Democratic National Convention. MI understanding is he gets on a plane tonight and flies to vacation in California. And I'm sure to some extent he probably feels relieved that it's over. I guess, I don't know. Maybe maybe he sounds as good to me. I listened a little bit. I thought he sounded it's good to me tonight then than he has in months.
Speaker 12: But yeah, I mean, I it's you know, as he went on for the beginning, now is you know we speak, he's he's going on a bit longer. But for a while there he just looked like he had put on quote. I mean, it's not it's not really bad that, but quite a bit of weight and just was really.
Speaker 4: Out of it.
Speaker 12: But you know, for I guess my main point here being a lot of people, and I've said this before when I called in a lot of people are going to put down with.
Speaker 4: Trump is done.
Speaker 12: And Trump has said some of the you know, actions he may have done and his personal like may not have done. I still stand by the sentiment that either side, wherever you have everybody has their works in their closet. If you provide America and people with a better life, that's the job of in my opinion of the president.
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 3: Like that your standard and obviously Theodore feels quite differently done in Baltimore. He expressed it very forcefully, and you have expressed it very well. And eventually the country's got to make a decision, and it's a it's.
Speaker 4: A loser.
Speaker 12: He you know, some of this things he said. I understand what he's coming from, a respect in service, and he has a he's very strong spoken. I've heard him call and respect what he has to say. But he did not mccalle and McCain a loser. He's gonna kame was captured.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like people that were captured. Yeah, that was totally war hero, totally inappropriate.
Speaker 3: Totally inappropriate. This is a guy who had a bone spur and didn't serve McCain spent whatever it was, three four years in captivity in the Hainois Hilton.
Speaker 12: I mean, how I like Again, there's no there's no justifying it. But it's the same as the you know, the same thing as the chlorox as as that was saying, spinning the words as you know, it might not have been smart for him to say, but make sure you catch him for exactly the words he said and the condemnations that he should not have said.
Speaker 3: But not I can defend I can defend Donald Trump as I did on the on the Bleach injection because he never said that. But but but he filed the service of McCain and McCain who who actually was offered freedom by the North Field of the MEAs because his dad was an admiral and he refused it. McCain was a hero, you know, from the point of a military hero, and just inappropriate. I mean, just you know, the comments over the weekend, I'm better looking to Kamala Harrison, Come on, I mean you mean yeah.
Speaker 12: I mean it's it's almost like how the president should be. But but if he does better, is my point for Americas?
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 3: But I'll talk like that, he's not. He's not going to get a second chance of becoming a president again because enough people are going to be turned off by it. Simple as that. Man, I got it run. I got you before the break, but I got it run.
Speaker 12: And let me ask you, very very quick, very quick. Do you think that as any cog this is the question. I really don't have an opinion. Do you think that Trump's, you know, being that way, he's cognitive at all, getting worse, more more defensive and attacking like that.
Speaker 4: Everything is just his natural behavior, as I have to.
Speaker 3: Think it's his natural behavior. But I think it's very off putting.
Speaker 12: All right, all right, thank you again. I want to make sure I respect McCain, and I did not agree with what Trum said. I just meant to say that he did not call him a loser, as a quote unquote.
Speaker 3: We referred to he allegedly, and I did. I heard what he said about McCain. I didn't hear what he said, but he was quoted. I think. I think it was General Kelly, who was his chief of staff, and he said something about the people who had died in World War two were losing.
Speaker 4: I don't like people that were captured. Yeah, okay, I don't.
Speaker 3: Gotta go, man, I gotta go. I got three calls behind you, man, I'll talk to you soon. Okay, thank you much. We got We're gonna get Steve, Joe and Trevor, and I promise we'll be back. It won't be easy, but we'll get him all in coming back on night Side.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World Nice than Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: My four callers. I want to give everyone a minute. I just want to listen to what you have to say. Let me start it with Joe and Adlborough. Joe set the pace for us. I know it's getting tight, but you go right ahead.
Speaker 10: Cash for Conkers was Obama is bailout of the auto industry, which expedited the closure of your cornic A lot of closure cornic garages. I'm not going to change anyone's mind about who to vote for. I realized Trump is not a nice man, but he's a world leader. There's no wars under his his term. It is akin to Ron Reagan when he was nodding off at those world leadership conferences, but no foreign leaders pulled anything over over his eyes. The Democrats just lied to us over the years. There's just too many things to a berth doll, Afghanistan and that wid nomics. If you have an opportunity to go grocery shopping during the week, you'll see our scene is struggling to buy, to buy their groceries. They're they're up against it.
Speaker 3: All right, Joe, you got it in in a minute. Next time you call, I give you more time. But I got to get three other callers in as well. Thank you for well. You'd be wild too. Next up is Trevor and Drake and Trevor next on nights.
Speaker 6: I go right ahead, Hey there, Dan, my name is Trevor. I'm just calling for the first time, but I.
Speaker 3: Give the quest of the clause the one ahead, Drivor.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 6: My comment is more about the election. I'm finding that I think Kamala is really succeeding over Donald Trump in a way that previous candidates, you know, whether when it was Joe was running in twenty twenty four or Hillary in twenty sixteen. I think she's really capitalizing on number one or younger generation of voters, but also, you know, echoing what a lot of her party is saying in a way that I feel like Hillary and even Joe Biden had a disconnect to. And I feel like the kind of the novelty of Trump's run in twenty sixteen is maybe worn off a little bit. I think he's She's really succeeding where some of his failings are showing.
Speaker 13: That's all right.
Speaker 3: You got it all in and under a minute. I appreciate you doing that. Next time you call it, give you more time, Thanks Trevor, thank you, Thank you. Steven Bridgewater. You gotta be quick, Steve, got one more behind you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dan, very quickly. I want to answer the question mouth. They have this question three calls ago about Obama. He bailed out general motives. Remember when the big economic crash happened in two thousand and eight during Bushtuni's watch. When Obama took over two thousand and nine, he bailed out I'm pretty sure general motives that's what she was talking about.
Speaker 3: Sure enough, someone else we mentioned the cash for clunkers, So whatever it was, I don't think that we should have government saving individual companies or industry. I agree, okay, simplest.
Speaker 7: I agree Dan, one thousand percent.
Speaker 4: I agree one thousand percent.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks Steve, thanks for checking in.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: I give you more next time, I promise. Okay, Uh, let's get to John and Boston. John, you're gonna wrap it up first, but you gotta be quick. John, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 13: There was the Capra clunk is that the woman was talking about but Kamala is calling for confiscating patents dand she his videos here saying she's gonna.
Speaker 3: I played that. I played that earlier this evening.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so that's gonna destroy incentive. If I come up with an idea, why should I give the idea they're gonna confiscate. I can't make as much money, So that's going to destroy ingenuity and the sensive guaranteed right there. And I wish people Joe Biden is not a nice guy. He's calling for the killing of on boards by restoring rogue way again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, John, you know what, let's let's uh. I'm flat out, so I gotta let you go. We can pick up that topic another time. That's one of those issues that no one's gonna have their mind change as simple as that. I got a run. John will talk soon. Okay, thank you much. Done for the night, Rob Brooks. Great job, Karen Will sent me, was our producer today. Great job, Karen. Marita's back tomorrow. I will be on Postgame at midnight in a couple of minutes, and I hope to see again tomorrow night at eight o five. And I'll be here tomorrow for a pregame at four thirty. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rayes, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who were passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope to see gain tomorrow night on nightside. Thank you so much for listening, Thank you for calling everyone. We'll be back tomorrow night. We'll see you then. Thanks everybody, have a great Tuesday.