Speaker 1: Is June teenth, but we're here because we're doing our mountain broadcast. But we did get our holiday. Remember that Monday we took off, y'all are mad about Yeah, so you know.
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: All Averages and Ross and I are of the same opinion. I don't know if you guys are. If you could get a day adjacent to a weekend rather than rando in the middle of the week, that is a far better day off. I mean, that's just a no brainer. I don't even know that we should argue that, which is why I'm really excited that fourth of July is a Friday this year, so yay. And I'm sure many of you are too. And you know what, just maybe maybe fourth of July weekend, still trying to figure out what you're gonna do. Wanna do a little traveling. It's a lot cooler up here, just saying, lot cooler up in the mountains. Quite pleasant walking around yesterday. I had to walk a few blocks for different things I was doing. Didn't break a sweat, which is really really nice. So lea, let me throw that in the hopper for you. All right, Where do I even start this? Where do I even start this morning? We'll get to the plane. If you have not seen the airplane, I can't play any of it for you. I mean I could task Ross with dubbing it in, and then four hours from now, when he got done bleeping everything, he would have to bleep. Then you would just hear a bleep for about four and a half minutes, because that's how long this video is. So I would encourage you if you would like to see it. Don't be around children, don't be around whoever employs you unless they're cool, and give that thing a watch, because holy hell. A New York artiste.
Speaker 3: Who looks to.
Speaker 1: Be hammered out of her mind. Leanna Perry, a New York artist. Oh wait, love, she's more than an artiste.
Speaker 4: She is a.
Speaker 1: Says you read the end of the stoor. Oh well, hang on, artist, oh artist and designer. It's kind of the same thing. I get. But whatever, so uh and and so she's on a Southwest Airline's flight and she is she not happy with another female passenger. So this is happening at LaGuardia. They're you know, they're on the ground. They had just boarded. So in the in the video, the video starts with her leaning over the seat to attach her hand to the ponytail and hair of the wooden because you know how the women's fight, right, So she's got this other chicks hair who's who's sitting in her seat, not moving, clearly not participating voluntarily in whatever this is. And you see four like flight attendants, cabin crew people because they're all wearing their Southwest gear.
Speaker 3: You see a couple passengers and.
Speaker 1: They they've got her kind of leaned over the seat so that they can zip higher, but she's still holding onto this other chick's hair, so they're trying to one get her hand and then get them behind her back so they can zip higher. And of course police are on their way, right because they're but they must not have had the door open. I wonder if maybe they had pulled away. It doesn't matter. And let me tell you this, if you, in any way, shape or form, believe in demonic possession, that's a demon bro right. I mean the look on her face and then what she's saying. She's screaming ugly B word. She then goes on a rant because the woman she's assaulting in this video is her boyfriend or husband or whatever, is white. And she starts screaming, my boyfriend's black. He's black, black black black black. Your boyfriend's manhood is two inches. It's embarrassing. I'm so sorry. It's just and it goes on and on and on, and then there's f bombs pretty much every sentence, which again is why I'm not gonna play any of this for you. It would even make sense once you remove all the es swearing. Let's see here. Yeah. Port Authority police say they responded to a report of an intoxicated passenger. The video is on our Twitter account. I tweeted it this morning. I believe I said I can fix her. That's a lie. I can't fix her. Frankly, I don't think she's fixable from what I just saw in those four and a half minutes.
Speaker 3: But you be the judge.
Speaker 1: So if you go to our Twitter account at Casey on the Radio, you can watch. I'm gonna put this up there. Top five airplane meltdowns. I've ever seen top three. Maybe, I don't know, you'd be the judge. You know, the the he's not real chick, that wasn't violent, so almost it's got to go kind of on a different scale, don't you know what I'm saying like she wasn't being violent. This chick is straight up being violent and just going off. I mean just going off. Now, let's see here. So port authority responded to report of an intoxicated passenger at La Guardia. They ended up taking her to the hospital. They just figured out she was just drunk out of her mind, I guess, and then off to the uh, off to the pokey you go. I love the statement the customer involved was removed and denied boarding. You think you just wheeled her away on a gurney and then now she's in lockups. So uh anyway, so check yeah, yeah, if you get a moment, go ahead and check that out. It'll, you know, and it'll make you feel a lot better about any dumb stuff you've ever done, uh, when you've had a few too many, Because that right there, this is this is uh, this is over the top. And I can't tell because she keeps screaming that her boyfriend's black. There is a black guy standing there, but I think he's a passenger trying to help. So it kind of sucks because I saw people commenting that he's just staying I think he's I don't think that's her boyfriend. So if you watch it, I think he's a passenger trying to get a get a hold of this check, just helping out the flight attendants who and it's almost like it's almost like super strength, the amount of people that are having to because she's not a big girl. Try to figure out what that hat is she's wearing too. Let me see if I canzlly, I can't tell. First I thought it was like a Confederate flags. So the whole thing's weird. Where was the flight headed? All right, well, I'll have to figure that. I just saw this thing literally right for the show. It's crazy town, all right, six fourteen here on the CaCO Day Radio program. So apparently the vice president opened a new social media account for three minutes. You know what social media. I'm referring to Blue Sky Baby. We'll tell you how that went, coming up on the CaCO Day Radio program. Glad to have you along on this Thursday morning. And yes it is the of course the Juneteenth holiday, but hey we're here, we're doing our thing, okay, so happy you're joining us, and we got we got enough backcrap crazy to probably do two shows today. We would do that because that would you know, be insane. All right, everybody sabotaged all.
Speaker 3: Of our equipment this morning. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Ross's Computer's probably a it's probably a bomb. So we don't know what's going on with that. All right, good, my good, Okay, thank you computator. So we had a little incident yesterday, little something something. The Vice President of the United States decided to open a new social media account. It did not go well. It did not go well at all. Jd Vance was almost instant suspended after he posted two, just two posts on Blue Sky yesterday. So he wrote, well, Ross, can you have your finger near the dump button? Because if this this must be real, I'm gonna read what he wrote. But if you got suspended within minutes, it's got to be pretty bad, right.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's got to be super bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh man, so much hate.
Speaker 1: So have it just, you know, right by the dump button in case I accidentally say the bad part.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go. Are you guys already out.
Speaker 1: In the audience, because I don't want to offend you this morning. But like he got he he lasted twelve minutes, twelve minutes from posting his first post and opening his account to you know, suspended. So if this is going to be pretty ear muffs on the kids, ear muff's on the kid. Okay, all right, here we go, He wrote, Hello Blue Sky. I've been told this app has become the place to go for common sense political discussion and analysis. So I'm thrilled to be here to engage with all of you. That was the first one, because it's it's like two things, all right, So I don't know if it was that one one that did it. That's pretty bad obviously, right, you would never you'd never say that to somebody's face.
Speaker 3: But then he wrote.
Speaker 1: In referencing he posted a screenshot of the Thomas's Concurrent.
Speaker 3: So this is on the ruling.
Speaker 1: Against or not against, but over the state of Tennessee's restrictions on transgender medical care for minors. Right, what was it? Limbaugh used to call it? Probably I get myself in trouble. This was the This was the you know, no, he used to refer to it as an addictomy. This is the opposite one. So they're like, nah, you can't do that to the kids. That was what the ruling was.
Speaker 3: That's what the lawsuit was about.
Speaker 1: You like it or you don't, but you know, people are probably going to converse about it, and that's what JD. Vans wanted to do, so he posted a screenshot of Justice Thomas's concurrence on the majority decision. He said, I found Thomas's concurrence on medical care for transgender youth illuminating. He said, he argues that many of our so called experts have used bad arguments and substandard science to push experimental therapies. I might add that many of those scientists receive substantial resources from big Pharma. All right, So there's a little conspiratorial thing in there, But it's also that's true, and that was part of the argument there, that many of the leading experts also are essentially on big Farmer's payroll. And let's face it, big pharma and given money to experts is really a right left. There's seemingly a unifier there, right, It just depends you know which which aux you're going there. So he that's what he wrote, and then he added, what do you think that's it? That's what that's that's what he wrote. Ross, Are you wildly offended? I can't tell. He's just because I'm em in Nashville. So yeah, it's pretty bad. Huh okay, yeah, so how long was that at?
Speaker 5: Thirteen minutes?
Speaker 3: Twelve twelve twelve minutes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that website is pretty much dead, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, uh yeah, I've seen some They are definitely having some engagement issues. Even didn't Stephen King even bail on it. And he might be that guy's a lunatic a lot because they realize there's really not discourse there. Because that was super nice. I mean, I understand it's a controversial subject, but he just he posted part of one of the Supreme Court decisions or in this case of concurrence, and then he mentioned two things he found interesting and then.
Speaker 3: Ask people what they thought.
Speaker 1: Here's your chance to engage with the vice president. He may be a vice president that you hate, but the willing you know, this is what's so crazy. How many times ross have we done stories where a reporter like Dana bashit is seeing she can call Trump and he answers. I don't know if you guys know.
Speaker 5: This, No, you no, you're right, And it's super weird and it's awesome, like to see jd Vance just talking to regular people on X like he's not one of these people well, first you can tell he's the one posting it right, correct, But also because there are a lot of politicians where they will post on social media, but then they don't really there's no back and forth, and a lot of times they make it so you can't even reply to their killer's cleared and there's no real back and forth. Hell post and then just have a normal discussion with regular people. It's pretty awesome. Yeah, so he got now.
Speaker 1: Granted, obviously Blue Skuy is different from X. But it's like if you're if you're on Blue Skuy, chances are you probably don't like him very much or or at the very least, maybe you're just like, he's just wrong.
Speaker 3: He's just wrong on all these things. He's the good Tell him he's wrong.
Speaker 1: If you don't call, if you don't drop an f bomb doing it, he might even answer you. And because it's like one of his first few posts, there's a higher likelihood he might engage with you.
Speaker 3: So tell him why he's wrong. Tell him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know that's a coincidence with the with the pharma stuff. It's just that pharma gravitated towards the people who are leaders in the field, which is the argument that people will make on that.
Speaker 5: It's just it's an idea that it's a little bit outside the bubble and they can't have that. They're like, oh man, what is this? And plus they're like, oh, he's just here to say us and he's here to troll us, so we're gonna block him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now they did unblock him finally. I think they realized that wasn't a good look. A c o DA radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Uh, just looking at this, uh this update here. Man, if you think the if you think that the Iran Israel thing's gonna slow down, I don't know about all that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: About all that.
Speaker 1: Because one of the largest hospitals in Israel just got a missile put up in it.
Speaker 3: Now I'm not even I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sure the total totality.
Speaker 4: Of the.
Speaker 1: Oh no, sorry, I just saw something out. We'll get to that here in just a moment. I don't know the totality of you know, from a casually standpoint, but I do know that hitting and this is not a military hospital, not that that would make it any better. It's it's like a thousand bed civilian hospital, and it's a hospital, by the way, that treats a bunch of Palestinians too, because that's you know, that's how that works. So as you can imagine, they're not pleased over in Israel. So I don't I don't see this thing slowing down unless you excuse me. I did see on Twitter this morning that the quote Jews blew up their own hospital. So if you're one of those lunatics on Twitter, then I guess maybe you have a different outlook on this.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, did.
Speaker 5: You see that one dumb post. It was probably the dumbest post.
Speaker 3: Of ever, the one dumb post.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it is the like the dumb I've ever seen in social media. It was a week ago talking about it was from an Iranian account, I don't know if it was like state media or whatever, and it said, you know, did you know that the Israelis put their defense messssile systems over civilian areas? Now, who exactly is using civilians as shields? And people are wait, what what do you? Of course the defense missile system is going to be over civilian areas, right because they're shooting missiles in to these areas and we want to blow them up, and they're like, no, no, no. What you don't understand are the defense missile systems are targets for the Iranians And how dare they put those targets above the civilians?
Speaker 1: What I mean, that's how they'll do you.
Speaker 5: But I saw them mapp this morning, and you know it's like, hey, here in the map are where all the missiles are being fired from Iran and it's all civilian areas, Like it's all now.
Speaker 1: We because we have awesome missiles, we can put our missiles in the middle of nowhere, which unfortunately, in a couple instances, we're right by, uh like my house.
Speaker 3: Right if you're a.
Speaker 1: Drive around Montana and art's wyoming the Dakotas and uh, I think Utah as well, then obviously Colorado. But if you get into Montana, wyoming up there we got we got all the missiles, missiles, missiles, missiles, missiles. But that's because we have badass missiles that don't have to be right there there. From an instantaneous standpoint, Israel doesn't have that. It's not that the missiles suck, it's that the people shooting at them are so close and things are coming in so quickly, you can't stage missiles weigh the hell away from civilian populations because you wouldn't be able to share missiles. Probably the wrong word, but it's probably wrong to compare to the size of the missiles. But when you're talking iron Dome, it's got to be right there because most of the stuff prior to Iran that Israel was shooting now with Iron Dome was literally coming from like right over the fence. So yeah, that is pretty I will say that is pretty dumb. Man Ross.
Speaker 3: Do we know what's going on with Hulk Hogan?
Speaker 5: I haven't heard anything. Why what's up?
Speaker 1: Here's the headline? Florida radio hosts sparks a Sparks rumor, saying, after saying the wrestler has been hospitalized and might not make it, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think this is true. You know, Oh, you know who did it?
Speaker 1: Bubba Bubba the Love Sponge, which I don't know if you guys know the history there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've heard they got beef.
Speaker 3: A little bit, A little bit.
Speaker 5: No, I haven't heard that.
Speaker 3: I don't Yeah, I don't think it's true.
Speaker 5: How old is the story?
Speaker 1: It's just I just populated on New York post the original the originals yesterday evening. All right, so it looks like at this point they're saying it's that he's that it's not true that he might not make it, but they're unclear as to whether he had to go to the hospital or not. Sorry, I'm reading this in real time. I apologize for this. We're very concerned here on the show.
Speaker 3: So here's so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess there's audio of this too. All right, I'm gonna well, I'll watch this during the break. Well, we got so much audio to get too. I don't think this is true, but like, why would you do? I can't imagine. Well, he runs a slightly different radio show than we do. Yeah, all right, Bubba said, Allegedly, Hogan is in the hospital. I heard people say he might not make it. Okay, so here we go. Finally, this is what I was looking for. So here's a Here is a statement from Hogan's reps.
Speaker 3: Thank you, he said.
Speaker 1: All right, So, according to Hogan's reps, yes, the Yes, Hogan was hospitalized, but he was hospitalized as part of treatment he's receiving to address lingering neck and back problems and is in no way shape or for him on his deathbed. So what a what an a hole move man? Yeah, so he had neck surgery last month. Yeah, I've heard Hogan ti, I mean not just Hogan, dude. Like the lingering effects that these guys deal with, especially especially the older wrestlers well obviously you know the older ones, but also more specifically with you know, the heyday of wrestling when some of that sports science maybe wasn't part of the program as much as it could be.
Speaker 5: The sports science. It involved the steroids and copious amounts of alcohol.
Speaker 1: I was be it polite, Yeah, what would you say? Boo boos and drugs yeah yeah, and the roids yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean yeah, but they're in all sincerity. There's a reason that these guys like get addicted to painkillers because they're breading up their bodies on a daily basis and people don't realize like how often they work or at least back in the day. I don't know what it is. Now now you've got like, you know, what do they call it, Like when Lebron isn't gonna work play in the NBA, like load of something like low t yes, load management they call load management, right, like I can't play? Yeah yeah, where like Jordan would like play every single game because he's the goat and Lebron is not. But anyway, these guys back in the day, like there was no rest, Like they'd be wrestling like three hundred and fifty days out of the year, you know, like sometimes three days, three times a day, you know. So it's they destroy their bodies crazy.
Speaker 1: Remember what happened to British Bulldog possibly, I mean, so he frightened, he fractured his spine. So they had they had built a trap door. They don't They had built a trap door, uh into part of the ring, and uh, somebody flipped Bulldog over and onto the door. The door was so that the Ultimate Warrior could like emerge from the if I'm remembering it correctly, it was Ultimate Warrior was going to emerge from the trap door was preceding that, and they landed him basically where the where the hinges were and fractured his spine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you see stuff like this all the time. Or they jump off the you know, I'm gonna jump out of the ring and then you land on the side of the ring. It's always like the back, it seems like the back of the neck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Brett Hart was the same way too, Like he was in like great condition and I think he was fighting Goldberg. I think it like completely, like you know, ended his career pretty much. He said that Goldberg in a matter of seconds stole millions of dollars from him because his career was just over. It was never going to be what he was before.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sorry, I'm just I just wanted to make sure it was right that it was. It was British Bulldog in Ultimate Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure enough, there it is. Yeah, yeah, it was the Fall Brawl of nineteen ninety eight. Landed him right on the hinges of the trap door? Who threw him on there?
Speaker 3: Alex? Right, I guess, I MA, it's side.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what the agreement is. I don't know why you'd put some with hinges and a trapdoor in the middle of a wrestling ring. That just there should be somebody going, yeah, let's not do that. Maybe maybe put the trap door under the ring, right, he crawls out from up but yeah, and then I'd have to get tossed around knowing that that thing is there somewhere in the ring. Uh, that's that's terrible, all right. So Hulk Hogan's not on his deathbed. I guess all of that to say.
Speaker 5: I mean forty If he was, though, right, we could just use the power of all the whole Camaniacs to come together to bring him up. I've seen him be down numerous times and you're like, he's down and out, and then he comes up and you can't defeat him.
Speaker 3: I've seen when he puts the trump fist.
Speaker 1: Upright, So you think the power of Hulkamania has the power to.
Speaker 5: Heal the power of the hulk Comaniacs. Correct, I've seen it numerous times a pay per view.
Speaker 1: That's that's fair, all right, six forty five. Hang on, So the former USSR had small nukes, their version of an iron dome around the Kremlin to thwart incoming ICBMs. They would literally kill their own people just to save the Kremlin. It's a high enough burst the radiation would kill people but would not destroy the buildings.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So you're all dead, But you know the turn up top over at the cathedral next door is fine, okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Whatever, that's really dark.
Speaker 1: I believe it, though, all right, couple little quick things. Oh, I should probably have done this at the beginning of the show. But let me go ahead and let you know because we got a guest coming in who is the head of the tourism organization for this part of western North Carolina. She's gonna be chatting with us and imagine, like I want you to imagine this ross. So she started in twenty twenty. So your job, you are brought in here to do everything that you can to promote tourism. You get this sweet gig, right, obviously, this is a tourist mecca out here in western North Carolina. And what happens, you know, you think you're having a bad day at work. What happens like you're there for five minutes and it'say, hey, there's this thing going on in Wuhan. So then he got that, and then of course you have everything that happened with Helene.
Speaker 3: So I feel really I feel bad.
Speaker 1: Man. That would suck because your one job is tourism and they're like, hey, here's all the reasons you can't do tourism. So now that they're on the now, obviously we're we're you know, we're past those things. So I am super interested to dive into that coming up here in about fifteen fifteen minutes. Yeah, we're gonna have we'll have her on at seven o five, so hang out and hang loose for that. Oh by the way, her name is Vic Eisley, so I don't know if that's short for Victoria or if it's just Vic, but we'll find out. And she is president and CEO of Explored Ashville, Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority and a bunch of stuff, so we'll get into that, all right. So what do we learn this morning? Jad Vans lasted twelve minutes on Blue Sky. Paul Cogan's not dying. Well, everyone's dying technically if you want to, you know, get philosophical about this, but he's not on his deathbed, even though some radio hosts decided to start that rumor yesterday. And oh yeah, there's lunatics on Southwest Airlines flight. Well there's lunatics on every airline's flight. I just assume that's why I try not to talk to people when I get on a plane. But this one decided to show out. And the video is crazy Town and it's right there for you case see on the radio. You want to check that out?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: The what?
Speaker 1: What is your what is your active opinion of Tucker carl Ross? What do you think of Tucker Carlson now? And has it changed over the years. I think I'm pretty much indifferent. You're okay, and I think that's that's kind of where I'm at. I just think it's really it's really weird because this Trump cut is just really weird because I I don't know, as a journalist, you call and apologize to something, you kind of have to own own what you did, right, and someone say, I apologize, But but you also have to if you want to be a journalist and and and and an opinion journalist, which Tucker can be. And I don't have a beef with that, right you just he's a pundent, you know what you're getting. I think it makes you look weak man. And I know that's not a good advice because you know, your parents would tell you if they're raising you're right, you know, well, you know, if you screwed up, you got to go ahead and apologize. But when you're talking about apologizing to Trump, it almost kind of looks a little self serving, like you're trying to maintain access. Listen, this is Trump talking about a conversation he had with Tucker Carlson.
Speaker 6: Tucker Carlson Senator Ted Cruz interview. It seems like this issue on whether or not the United States should strike is kind of dividing a lot of your supporters.
Speaker 7: Uh no, my supporter is that for me. My supporters are America first. They make America great again. My supporters don't want to see you around having to grow upon. Tucker's a nice guy. He called and apologized the other day because he thought he said things that were going too strong, and I appreciated that. And Ted Cruiz is a nice guy. I mean, he's been with me for a whole time. I'd say once the race was over, he's been with me ever since.
Speaker 1: But for your accuses, his father call you, Kennedy.
Speaker 7: If they think that it's okay for around to a nuclear weapon, and then they should oppose me. But nobody thinks it's okay. People that don't want I don't want to fight either. I'm not looking to fight. But if it's a choice between fighting and them having a nuclear weapon, you have to you have to do.
Speaker 4: What you have to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, are you growing Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you growing comfortable with what he said to about what you have to do to prevent that? What were you going to say, Ross Upson, I'm gonna say when it comes to Tucker Carlson, I think the only reason he's calling him to apologize is his son works for JD. Vance is his deputy press secretary, right, So I mean he's covering, you know, he's looking out.
Speaker 5: For his kid. I think that's what it is.
Speaker 3: You think Vance would be that petty.
Speaker 5: I don't think he would be. But I mean I think Tucker Carlson's being like a dad, you know, sort of looking out for his kid. I think that's what it comes down to. Yeah, Or maybe he's really apologetic, maybe feels bad. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And again, I don't want to scold people for doing the thing that my parents told me was the thing that I needed to do.
Speaker 3: But it's just.
Speaker 1: It's just weird in this situation. And I love the Ted Cruz part two. He's he's a nice guy, and I'm like, guy, you gotta said his dad do I to kill Kennedy? So that that's just but you know, that's the thick skin I guess you gotta have.
Speaker 5: With pologize, Like do I think jd. Vance would be like, oh my god, I can't believe your dad saying this. I'm fired. No, But do I think Trump could be spiteful? Perhaps?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe just a little bit if. But I also I don't like what Trump's saying about. You know, we don't want to fight, but we can't let him have a nuke. Well, then that means you might have to fight, and I'm I'm I'm not on board with that. Man. It's again live from where I'm not melting like all of you are, because it's one hundred and five degrees down there, up in the mountains of North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Which if you don't want to melt, might be a good place for you to go.
Speaker 1: You got the three day weekend with the Fourth of July holiday this year, just saying it's on a Friday.
Speaker 3: Make it happen, all right.
Speaker 1: Our next guest and we just chatting, is Vic Eisley's President CEO of Explorer Asheville, the Buncomee County Tourism Development Authority. And I got a copy of your bio, said to me, and the very first thing it says in it is that you started this position in twenty twenty and immediately I went that what did you do?
Speaker 3: Who did you offend there?
Speaker 1: Because almost every single day of your tenure thus far has been having to deal with something as we went into COVID and then of course Helene and everything else.
Speaker 3: So really taught Let's talk about that first.
Speaker 1: What an overwhelming challenge and how have you been dealing with that?
Speaker 8: Well, Casey, first, thank you for coming up here to Asheville and western North Carolina and shine in a spotlight on our community and region and how far we've come. I grew up in Rockingham County down in the middle of the state and have been doing the work of telling places stories for thirty years, and so I was really proud to come back to North Carolina and Asheville in December of twenty when I think there were like three humans in our office and we were doing everything by zoom and the like. So, you know, I think it's been a challenging time for travel and hospitality, you know, through COVID and the pandemic and coming out of that and now in western North Carolina being challenged by the devastation of Helene, and also just being heartened by the grit and gumption and determination of the people of western North Carolina and just how far we've come since then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not just Western North Carolina. We were talking off the air. I had to go see. I heard the Amish. We're still here. They are still here. Ar indeed, and we had a lot of our listeners too, from you know, the Raleigh area, in the Greensboro area where we're broadcasting.
Speaker 3: In fact, our towers would rock Kingham County. So there's your connection.
Speaker 9: Glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who also said I got to go do something whatever it was all trailers, bring generators, water, everything. So the ability of people to pull together and create what I saw on Sunday when I arrived, which was downtown Ashville that looked like every other time I've been in downtown Nashville. Pedestrians everywhere, The bars and restaurants are full, the shops are full.
Speaker 3: How how like, how long have we been.
Speaker 1: What do we had? Eighty five percent I believe was the number provided. How long have we been there? And how quickly is it growing to fill in that last fifteen percent? Because I didn't really notice it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I think for Western North Carolina we're going to be on a continuum for quite some time. I think we were talking about. It's a both and situation where visibly you can't tell in downtown Ashville that anything came from. You know, on September twenty seventh, in the River Arts District, in the Upper River Arts District or RAD, you know, there are hundreds of artists in galleries, restaurants, bars, the Radical Hotel open. There's been tremendous progress in the Wedge building in the River Arts District where Wedge Brewing reopened on Halloween. The bullen Begger restaurant just reopened a couple of months ago, and they're doubling down.
Speaker 3: What's the biscuit restaurant? Butter Punk is that That's what it is.
Speaker 1: They have a specialty biscuit rest if you're into biscuits. I'm just letting you know that that's the thing in the RAD district there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 8: But the bullen Begger reopened, they're doubling down and expanding their kitchen and opening an oyster bar, which I'm personally psyched about. And then Marquee, which is I spent most of my weekends at least one day a weekend in the Marquee and they're leasing space out and they aim to be open and early this fall, so lots of progress made and there's more to come for sure.
Speaker 1: What do you guys, how many inquiries do you get people calling? I mean they should call you, right if they have questions, I mean they can call the venue. But if they just have questions in general, I'm assuming Explore Ashville's happy to answer.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, so Explore ashville dot com is the best resource for your listeners to get what's open, family friendly itineraries, girlfriend itineraries, all kinds of things.
Speaker 9: Of what to do and where to go.
Speaker 8: Just this week, Wrong Way River Cabins announced a fly fishing festival which will be August twenty fourth. So that shows you the French broad River is open and ready and we're really excited about the progress there. Weekends are getting back to normal, and you know, we just invite all of your listeners to come up and be part of the comeback.
Speaker 9: And Asheville is open and ready.
Speaker 1: The people of Ashville that I've spoke with Alex Fraga, who obviously I'm staying that at his hotel there. He's actually a sponsor of our broadcast. Just full disclosure there. But I had a chance to hang out with him and his wife for a couple hours yesterday, and yeah, he once he gets to know you man, the guy, the guy wants to tell you everything what what is normally a competitive situation between people run hotels and restaurants and all the rest the stories that he was telling me about how they just kind of flipped the script and now we're feeding first responders and I had he had two hundred and twenty five employees. He's got to look after and figure out how he's gonna, you know, take care of them to the extent that he can. That all disappears when when something like this happens, and I'm assuming it carries over after because now you have this shared experience.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I've been really impressed from day one arriving here during the pandemic about how collaborative this community is. You know, twenty years ago there were nineteen farms that we're sourcing to restaurants and brewers and distillers here, and now that collaboration in those relationships, there are more than two hundred farms that are working in tandem with our food food culture here, So there's really great collaboration. But going back in the it feels like the way back Machine and Helene of the early days of hotels without power or water themselves, housing their displaced workers, displaced residents, first responders flushing toilets with pool water. We never want to go back there again.
Speaker 3: He told that story on the air.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I mean in your home flushing your toilet with creek water.
Speaker 9: We've come a long way, yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then his wife said, you shouldn't have told this.
Speaker 9: Well, I think that.
Speaker 8: I think many of our filters have come off since the Alene and just being a part of a community that is so dedicated to this place and to each other means a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about let's talk about what's going right, because there is a lot going right. I think the toot and common thing is really cool over it built Moore if you like cursed artifacts or replicas thereof, So which is more appealing to me than when they had the Downton Abbey dresses, which was the last time I was at builtmore.
Speaker 9: But heard, I can hear that, I can feel that for you, Casey.
Speaker 1: Well something for me, a little something for them.
Speaker 8: So, yeah, you know, we've got a lot of things Builtmore is is beautiful with blooms this time of year. You know, right outside the gates of Biltmore, the Grand Bohemian Lodge just reopened. New Morning Gallery across the street is having its grand, grand reopening party tomorrow night. I'm headed to Black Mountain this afternoon for a ribbon cutting of the brand new North Carolina Glass Center.
Speaker 1: I was there yesterday and I went. I found the restaurant too Hell or high Water because fabulous. I got to meet the chef, one of your employee's casts and I were over there, and I'm going to go there on Saturday.
Speaker 9: It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And so there's there's lots going right. You know, in any time, a new.
Speaker 8: Airport terminal would be a huge economic development boom for a community. And we have the ribbon cutting for the new terminal at AVL tomorrow afternoon, and that's really exciting.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: Early days in you know, December January, Lou and Tina from the airport and myself went to meet with airline partners like Allegiant, like Delta, like American, and they were really interested, of course, of what was happening on the ground at the time in recovery and more importantly they were like, is that airport terminal on time? And can we get more gate access so that we can get more flights. And so we're really excited and heartened by the trust and belief in our region in the in the future growth for flight flight access for US as residents here, but for visitors coming in too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I was when I was driving in on Sunday, it was funny because you can as you're driving in, you see them on approach into AVL and they were staggered only like five minutes apart, which is, you know, pretty good indicator. You guys are having a lot of flights in here. So that's the stuff people know about. What's the what's the thing If so when you say, all right, if you want to see the area, but you really want to see the area, here's what you need to look at or do that, maybe people don't think about unless it's presented to them.
Speaker 3: Give me the give me the secret tourist insight.
Speaker 9: We don't do that. We don't tell our secrets.
Speaker 1: Well it's your job, come on, give me give me one.
Speaker 3: Give me one.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I personally love live music. So Ashville's always punched above its weight in terms of live music scene. I'm a foodie. I love walking. I love you know, drawn to the river, so walk. You know, the Greenway just reopened around the French Broad River and the River Arts District, so doing that. The North Carolina Arboretum, as big as it is, is a local secret. They've got great walking trails that are open, great gardens. So that's a really fun place for families. And we've got a pretty exciting announcement coming next week that we can't quite tell you yet, but it's going to be great for families all over the region, the state and from from Afar.
Speaker 1: And I will say this. You mentioned music there. I was at the bar was at yesterday had a big band. You don't often see that in a in a bar setting, uh so to have a big band in there, and it was shock full of people dancing of all ages too. And I noticed Louis e K's coming. So if you don't want to do music but you like comedy, you guys have a performing arts center too.
Speaker 8: We do Harris Cherokee Center and explore Ashville dot Com Arena, host events at the Tom with the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium. You know, I know I have my tickets to Nathaniel Rateliffe and the Night Sweats, which are playing at the Asheville Yards.
Speaker 1: On Tuesday, we played in Raleigh. I was at that concert.
Speaker 3: It was very good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, A big, big fan of Nathaniel rightlift in the Night Sweats, all right.
Speaker 1: And then this is the this is the question you don't want to answer when you're not in Asheville and you want to go somewhere else in North Carolina, sneak away?
Speaker 3: Where's your other favorite place? Oh God, I ask everybody.
Speaker 1: This, so don't feel like I'm picking on you now.
Speaker 8: Growing up in North Carolina, one of the things that's so amazing about this place is how diverse it is from from the mountains to to the beaches.
Speaker 9: And for for.
Speaker 8: Two decades, our family, multi generational family, has gone to the outer Banks Killed Kill Devil Hills area, and for the first time over July fourth weekend, we're going to go to Topsle Beach instead. So we're gonna we're gonna check this out. We have four generations now, so looking for a flatter, wider, calmer beach where you don't have to have one leg shorter than the other to walk on the beach.
Speaker 1: Well, and if you go up in North Top so you can walk all the way out on that sandspit for like ever, just check your tides. Is the only thing that I would say that is that is that is great.
Speaker 9: That's a good inside tip.
Speaker 5: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: From Murphy to Mantio as they say. So, all right, Vic, I really appreciate you coming on this morning, and I would encourage there are no dumb questions.
Speaker 3: That's what I want to leave this.
Speaker 1: There are no sometimes I ask dumb questions, but yours or not. If you just want to know what's going on, go to the website, which again.
Speaker 9: Is explore Ashville dot com.
Speaker 1: And if that doesn't get you the answer, you feel free to call. Absolutely lots of great folks over there happy to answer. All right, Vic Eisley, President CEO of Explore Ashville, thank you.
Speaker 9: For your time this morning, Thanks for being here.
Speaker 1: Absolutely we will be right back again.
Speaker 3: Thank you to.
Speaker 1: Vic Eisley for joining us there. And I just tweeted that photo out. All right, so if you go and.
Speaker 5: What is this?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: No? No oh no no no, no, all right, so somebody's already answered this, because here's what I wrote it said, there's a new restaurant in Black Mountain called Hell or High Water, and there is a photo on the wall of the man who built the ridge of the building that it's in and he ran an ice delivery business in the early nineteen hundreds. So and I said, zoom in on the guy dressed like boss Hog and tell me if you know why he chose the ice business.
Speaker 3: And when you zoom.
Speaker 1: In, yeah, I mean, obviously he's dressed like that, but if you zoom in, I'll give you a hint. You want to zoom in on about the middle of the dude. He doesn't have hands, so he has hooks. And so what they were telling me is that he he didn't lose, he wasn't in the ice business. He literally he got his hands chopped off in some sort of industrial accident and then they replaced his hands with hooks because you know, the nineteen tens, twenties or whatever. And then he's like, I guess I'm going into the ice business because really your options at that point are you sell hay bails ice or maybe if you get a really big hook, you can be the guy who Back in the day, remember at Vaudeville thing where they had the big hook and they just pull you off the stage.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I feel like those are all your job, those are your possibilities. So I guess he chose well because he was very successful. All right. Actually that pictures from nineteen thirty six. I think he built the building in nineteen twenties, I think is what they were saying. So don't quote me on the actual date there. I should have wrote it down. But the yeah, the photos from nineteen thirty six of the guy with hook hands who naturally got into the ice business.
Speaker 3: So as you do. All right, that's a casey on the radio.
Speaker 1: If you want to go, you want to go check that bad boy out that you'll find it right there on our Twitter account. All right. Couple other things, As.
Speaker 3: Are we ross?
Speaker 2: We are?
Speaker 1: Are we gonna chat with Steven today? I didn't know yet.
Speaker 5: I'm texting him as we speak.
Speaker 3: Cool cool, cool?
Speaker 1: Oh we got and I heard I heard stage exin do we ambush him today?
Speaker 5: Yes? We do?
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel you guys don't know what's up. I just wait for it.
Speaker 5: Like I heard the news yesterday about Ray and I raised the teal flag of.
Speaker 1: Oh no, the vengeance.
Speaker 5: Flag, the teal flag of vengeance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I ran did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and whether it's our red flag of vengeance. And Ross is such a jerk, He's like, I don't think that's red, right, Just stick it right in Iran's eye a little harder. You guys don't even do red right, trying.
Speaker 5: To turn into that like that dress. You know what I mean? Your flag isn't even red, losers, it's gold.
Speaker 1: What some guy gets executed for the wrong flat? Oh that's that sound. That would be a North Korea thing for sure. Man.
Speaker 3: All right, if you should I tell the audie no, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So yesterday yesterday? So be So being up here in Ashville is I my my counterpart. His name is Mark. You've heard Ray reference him before. His name is Mark Starling, and he does the morning show on the talk radio station that our company owns in Ashville. And so I'm broadcasting. Where I'm broadcasting, we can see each other. We're literally across the hall from each other, and so the commercial breaks because we all kind of go to break at the same time. We're popping into each other. Mark and I've known each other for years and we're just shooting the breeze talking about this. He's telling me about the family and all of this, and uh, I was I One of the things that we thought would be funny is if when it's time to do the Ray hit, because his hit happens right when they come back from break with Ray, I guess instead of Mark's voice being there, it's me and then Ray for a hot second is like, am I dialed into the right station?
Speaker 3: What is happening?
Speaker 1: But the timing just really hasn't worked yet, and he goes, well, you know, maybe we could do it during a Polka Friday or no, what was it accordion for?
Speaker 3: I can't remember what he calls it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we figured it out yesterday because in the segment, the very first segment with Ray, we had mentioned a French joke somehow accents were in the conversation. I don't even recall how. And you said, oh, you know, Ray, are you actually French?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: And we made some sports nigger, oh Schwartzenegger right right right now? That sense would work in Hollywood, you know, wouldn't be the same if he had, you know, sounded like you know, quote in America, And I.
Speaker 1: Just made a joke.
Speaker 3: I'm like Ray's actually French.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, So coming back the second time, I like ate forty five or whatever. I came back with some French music the intro Ray and he said something about the accordion, not remembering the French conversation from the previous hour, and he was like, oh you get starling spilled the tea. But and we figured out and I asked him, I said, Ray, do you played the accordion? Like that's some sort of secret?
Speaker 1: And he does, he does, but but but more than that, right, So I immediately because now Ross and I are like, what the heck's going on? So we go to that break so that we you know, we come back with Jeff Bellinger. So during that break I walk over to Mark Studio and I'm like, what the hell, man, what's going on? I guess Ray plays the accordion on the air for him on Fridays.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a benchmark bit they do every Friday. What do they call it?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. I can't remember what it was, but Ray will tell us because we will extract this information from him in just a few short minutes. How are how how long has Ray been our weather guy?
Speaker 5: I can't even remember who is before Ray?
Speaker 1: We had Tony right, yeah, it's been yeah, but Ray's been the guy for.
Speaker 5: Dude twelve years or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And he held out.
Speaker 3: This from us.
Speaker 1: He held out on us all of this time. We could be serenaded by raise. Is he good on the accordion?
Speaker 5: I bet you he's good. I bet you he's super good.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 5: I also want to know your question yesterday us on the air, because Ray's a big dude, He's like a giant. Does he use a giant accordion? Or is it like a because.
Speaker 1: He probably crushed a regular one, right like like even calling man just I don't know, I don't know, but he owes you know how much accordion he owes us? Okay, all right, I'm gonna shut up down in case he's already on. I don't want to. I don't want to prepare in himself. We're gonna hit this, We're gonna hit We're gonna hit this cold, and we're just gonna see what happens, and who knows, maybe a whole new thing will develop.
Speaker 3: Because uh, I.
Speaker 1: Want some of that, right, Ross wants some of that. We're gonna make We're gonna make it.
Speaker 3: Happen.
Speaker 1: Uh, real quick, my tea has this h They just they just released a big study about AI, and it's kind of terrifying. I'm not I'm not gonna lie kind of terrifying. Let me give I'm gonna tease you with just the first part of this of it and then I will get into all the details, like if you're on the fence as to whether AI is a good thing or a bad thing. It you know, for most people it depends on the situation. If you want AI to explain the conflict in the Middle East as a pirate, groc will do that for you.
Speaker 3: Just go on Twitter.
Speaker 1: That is literally something that people do and and it's funny and that and that's fine. But also if you know, certain industries are very nervous.
Speaker 3: About AI because what if.
Speaker 1: Your job could be done by AI, or at least your boss thinks it can, then that's probably not a good thing for you. But the bigger problem is what it's doing to our brains. And we kind of talked about this a little bit either yesterday or the day before. Where I can remember my friends, my best friend Travis's phone number, I'll never forget it from.
Speaker 3: When I was when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: I still know it. I don't know Ross's number. My phone does, though, right and until he blocks me, and and so that once you don't have to do the thinking or the remembering on things, and he got something else to do it for you. That's really handy, dude.
Speaker 5: The only phone numbers I know now are my friend Phil's growing up living around the corner from my mother, friend Dave lived down the street on Congress Street, my own, and my wife's. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it, because you don't have to and and we don't think about that as as learning loss, but it kind of is well with when you get into the chat. They studied chat GPT and they did brain scan studies of people and a bunch of different scenarios.
Speaker 3: And remember, you guys know the movie Idiocrasy.
Speaker 1: I'm convinced that's how we got there in that movie, even though they don't really explain it other than the breeding thing, like that's going to be part of it. So here's the one nugget I'll get you, and then we'll get into the rest after we're done chat with Ray here in a moment, eighty three percent of chat GPT users couldn't quote from essays they wrote minutes earlier, because you have no incentive to remember anything, even stuff you're processing and put together using the AI that you're kind of guiding it. Once it's done, you don't retain any of that information. So you did the research, and yes, in this case, they didn't have them write the whole essay, but they used it to source and provide the nuggets of info that were incorporated in it. Right, it's kind of the halfway thing, right, But you don't retain any of it. So feasibly, you just studied something to learn about it so that you can communicate it to another person. But you didn't learn anything. That's just we're just getting started. Let's get rased agent here so we can learn some stuff.
Speaker 4: What do you want to learn? Where is he? Where is he?
Speaker 3: Why? Why?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 10: Because I know what you guys are gonna do. You're gonna pull You're gonna pull a fast one on me right next to you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, he's not on the air today. No he's not. I'm on the air. He's not on the air today. How did you not you know he's not on the air because you didn't do a live hit with him.
Speaker 10: Well, I thought that since I saw you too kind of chumping it up yesterday together on the interwebs, I said, oh, maybe they're gonna try to pull a fast one on me here today.
Speaker 4: I know not of what you think about it. Nothing.
Speaker 3: Could you say it in accordion?
Speaker 4: I could?
Speaker 1: But what how is it possible? Not only do you play the accordion apparently, well, then you hold out on us, and then on you go cheat on us with another station where you do it for them on Friday.
Speaker 3: Why do you call it on Friday?
Speaker 10: Well, starting tomorrow it's gonna be called squeeze Box Friday.
Speaker 4: Squeeze Box Friday, squeeze Box Friday.
Speaker 10: I think we got sales. I think we've got sponsored. I don't know we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Get How do we get in on this? Where is your accordion? Is it right next to you?
Speaker 4: No, it's it's in the basement.
Speaker 10: I've got to dust it off and fix a couple of my bellows and see if.
Speaker 3: I've got any.
Speaker 1: Theory.
Speaker 5: But the reason you were into it was because of the area of New York that you were. I know, I know where I was, Schenectady. We had like Polish music festivals and the PBS. You had like polka down at the the VFW, like it's a big deal that Polish culture in the accordion. So I was like, yeah, Y got into it.
Speaker 1: So so he's swimming and women.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was a real go getter. In high school, they were lining up trus Maybe next hour, I one to two minute story about the how how it all started.
Speaker 4: Now you've got time now, because that's the difference.
Speaker 3: Oh so here's a quick nobody's really doing.
Speaker 10: Here's a quick story. My father was a picker, all right, so he used to go to the county landfill. Found the first accordion that I played, actually kind of forced to play by my mom and come from an Italian family in the county landfill.
Speaker 4: Brought it home.
Speaker 10: It was in good condition, it played, and we had a friend who was in a polka band that always used to play the local firehouse for the weddings that we used to have with the fire hole, you know how all that goes with the.
Speaker 4: Italian And he taught me how.
Speaker 10: To play the accordion and then we got rid of that one, got my second according which I still have and now I can still play that I haven't played it since COVID, but dusting it off tomorrow for bucks.
Speaker 1: No, I got the impression you had played for them already, So this is gonna be new for me.
Speaker 5: I think I have Okay, is it a regular size accordion or do you have like a giant size one? Because you're a big dude.
Speaker 10: I would say it's more regular size. It does look a lot smaller on me than when I was a teenager, But listen, I was hot. Can you imagine dating the guy who played the accordion and going to a senior problem with he? Just think about that for a minute. I am unique.
Speaker 1: I mean nobody else how you never questioned the origin story of your first according because if it was a working condition you found in the landfill, that means somebody somewhere relative played it. They hated it so much they threw it out. Probably that person.
Speaker 4: Well you go with that story, and I'll go with mine.
Speaker 1: No, not you, I'm saying, whoever put it in the landfill?
Speaker 4: Well that's what I mean. You go with that story. Well, how do you think get thrown.
Speaker 1: Out by a genie?
Speaker 10: You got thrown out by accident? Did you ever have that where you're like, hey, where's my star wars? Oh what was in that bag? I threw hi out?
Speaker 5: Could be thrown out in It's like distraught for the rest of his life, exactly.
Speaker 4: Look at that distraught I am about you.
Speaker 1: All right, this is happening. This is happening tomorrow, So prepare yourself.
Speaker 4: I will.
Speaker 10: I might as well just roll right in. Heat's coming storms today later could be severe heating next Today could be close to one hundred. The real heat comes over the weekend. I mean, it's gonna be darn hot today too, but we could be near one hundred in the triangle by Monday and Tuesday. Multiple days of dangerous heat coming. All right, tell me if I got more time, I get plenty of time with Mark, so I'll be more.
Speaker 1: Than Yeah, well, well we'll make it happen. We'll have to do it in this second in this segment, though, can I have the business report in the other ross? Could you play our man out here?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 7: We go?
Speaker 1: All right, raced Ajic. We'll talk in an hour, so appreciate it. Oh bah, all right, and we will. We'll be right back live broadcast going on from the mountains of North Carolina up here in Nashville all week and you know we're doing our thing. I am. I'm getting much fatter, so that's probably, but that's my own fault. Just run around, eat and everything. So and even though it is a holiday, Stephen Kent's joining us. How you doing, sir? What's going on?
Speaker 2: I have returned from vacation. Nice to be with you.
Speaker 1: Oh, we assumed you're on one of your secret missions things again. So you were just on vacation or is that what you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I have to say. Yeah, there's this conspiracy theory out there that I am a secret agent though, so I allow this to happen, and I appreciate that rumor.
Speaker 3: I would. I would as well. So no, but did you go glamping again?
Speaker 1: Or we were glamping?
Speaker 2: We were supposed to go blamping in West Virginia, but as most of the East Coast has witnessed that flooded flooded out, that's going to have to wait before my travels to Vienna, Austria next week for non spy related business. Definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now you're going to Vienna, dude, bring money. Vienna is expensive, dude.
Speaker 2: I'll be on a I'll be on a I'll be on a company card language or something that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, what time when do we leave go to Vienna and have schnitzel.
Speaker 3: It'll be great.
Speaker 1: So, right, a couple couple of things, man, Ross, I I tweeted this out. I think Ross passed it along to you. I'm fascinated by this MI I t study with chat GPT and really what it does to our brains. I think there's a lot of useful stuff here. By the way, I did notice at the bottom of the comments people asking GROC to summarize it. You're missing the point, the whole point of this, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this study for folks, because this is pretty.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm gonna. I'm gonna. I teed up just the first few points, so let's go ahead and get into it basically, And this is stuff you cut and you know I call it's the phone number phenomena. Ross and I were talking about this literally the other day. It's I remember my best friend's phone number from high school. I don't remember. I don't know Ross's phone number. Oh oh whatever, my phone breaks. Ross ain't getting bugged. I ain't gonna be able to call him. So when we make these trade offs, right, I had to remember Travis's phone number back in the day, so that wherever I was, I I want to call over or what you know, then I could do that. Now I don't, and we're you know, people are comfortable with it even if they recognize it. The problem is, like one of the nuggets here is they had people use an assist an AI assists, so they didn't just have AI write an essay. They used it to basically fill in factoids and whatnot, but they didn't retain any of them. And when you're writing an essay, you know, back in our day, you go get the Encyclopedia Britannica or maybe the Internet during the early iteration, you pull the information down, you cobble it together in a reasonable fashion, and you retained at least some of it. That was the intent. That's why they made you write essays in school. Eighty three percent of users couldn't quote any of anything for anything from the essay that they had just used AI to assist in preparing.
Speaker 3: Minutes before.
Speaker 1: How that's bad, man, Like this is how idiocracy happens, right, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: You know. Part of this part of this study that was posted by Alex Vaka you know, it's noting that shat GPT does in fact make you sixty percent faster at completing tasks, but it reduces and again a lot of this is scientific jargon, which I don't fully understand. Your your main cognitive load needed for actual learning by thirty two percent, so you're just not actually retaining information. It makes the human being into a widget, and that should be alarming to everybody, particularly people who are like conspiracy theorists about capitalism and markets. Like, I'll give them this, like what we are being turned into as widgets that are made to produce, produce, produce complete tasks, and so like, what is the point of completing work sixty percent faster if you just have to do more work? It's just to me, it's not It's not something that I'm super excited about, and I'm not feeling like cause for celebration.
Speaker 1: There is upside. I'm going to get to that here in a moment. One of the other things that I think was pretty alarming is they were talking about employees becoming so dependent on the AI tools that they're unable to do their job otherwise. But the secondary effect is it also makes them less capable of critical thinking and independent things when they're not using AI, so they're not training their brain in the one area, and then as a result, they're not using the it to its full capacity when they're doing non AI related tasks. That's where the damn gap gets done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mentioned like the cell phone numbers phenomenon. Another one of those things is the use of Google Maps and any really navigation app to get basic places inside your own town or zip code. You know a lot of individuals and I have looked at a study about this months ago, and guess what, I can't retain it, but you know, this study basically just indicated that most people turn on their navigation when they're getting anywhere. And they justify it by saying they want to know when they're going to get there, they want to know if there's a traffic jam two blocks up the road, they want to make sure that there's not a road closure so they can detour. But effectively, what they end up doing is they have a blacks a black hole where understanding of their own city grid would normally go. And so I always say this, if the lights were turned out on you tomorrow, could you make it home to a safe place yeah, and I think I think a lot of people actually would really.
Speaker 3: Struggle that, you know, that's all.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say it's a pet peeve, but it's it's what. It's something I've never understood. And I'm not bragging here. If if I get taken a place one time, even if I'm not driving, like if I'm the passenger and I go somewhere and that I can get myself back there, probably without a map, and I don't. I don't know if it's just because I was raised in the wilderness kind of. I mean that seriously, Like I always knew what east, west, north and south is, even in the woods, right, even if you can't see skyline, I could pretty much tell you. And it's just it's like an internal thing, and and a lot of people are like that. A lot of people just inherently aren't like that. So you couple that with your lights out scenario and you just stand there and wait for the bear to each you me, because that's yeah, you should want to work on.
Speaker 2: That kind of just connecting this in a way to pop culture. You know that that Star Wars show and or that got so much attention over the past couple of months. You know, Season one of the show touched on this, where like one of the rebels is sitting there with Cassy and Andor in the woods, and he's holding a manual StarPath device basically just a galactic GPS that allows you to travel all across the galaxy. And he is insistent to and Or that it's important that you know how to manually use the device because all of the automatic technology that's coming out of the Empire basically enslaves you to their tech, and so that you cannot be free unless you know how to fix it, to appair it, to use that thing. And this is absolutely true for everybody listening. You know. I don't think that any of us are enslaved to Google, but you will realize again if the lights go out, that you essentially are. So you got to start building that muscle to be dependent and chat GPT this is just one of those things too. I'm a writer by trade. I use chat GPT again with that sort of idea of productivity saving a little bit of time, but it does take something away. It takes away a little bit of your patience, and it takes away a bit of your ability to do the research component of writing the unpleasant part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's two things. One going back to what you just said, did you see in the in the thread there? The which, by the way, you go to at KC on the radio. If you want to follow along or read this in your own time, I would encourage you too, and don't have AI summarize it for you. I will find you. They said that, They said teachers didn't know which essays used AI, so they you know, the game some essays that humans wrote and AI wrote. However, they were able to identify them, describing them as soulless, empty with regard to content, close to perake language, while failing to give personal insights. It's one of those things where you can just feel something's off, and that's kind of AI in general. You just like when it's rendering video and you just feel that something's off, even though it's getting.
Speaker 3: Really good at it.
Speaker 1: It's almost like it's almost like the soul, the soul. It's like, it's like it is the ability to recognize as soul, which is I don't know, kind of an intrinsic thing.
Speaker 3: So maybe that's what saves us. I don't know, man, we're.
Speaker 2: Doing going deep here, Yeah, and I edit op eds and articles, you know, for a living, and so I received them from my clients all day and so everyone listening uh here on the radio. You know, when you send somebody a piece of writing that you did, if you're dealing with like an experienced editor, they can sense it immediately. They know what is AI written. And one of the things that young people have pointed out is that, you know the term M dash, the very long hyphen yah zoomer apparently don't know it as the M dash. They call it the GPT dash because they it is something that chat GPT uses so much, the M dash, that they thought it was sort of like a native feature of chat GPT writing. You know, it's typically something that you slap onto the end of a paragraph just to sort of punctuate it differently and make a point. But M dashes are throughout chat GPT's writing model, and it gives you away. Nobody uses M dashes that much.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's what happened to the pound sign man, Right, Well, yeah, it's a hash.
Speaker 5: I love M dashes though, yeah, I do. Hunter Thompson used them a lot, and I like, so I look at it, I'm like, well, I want to use it too. I love it.
Speaker 1: We're just right now. So that's that's literally what we've transitioned to. The the I said, there is one positive thing here, and I'll end this this particular topic on this. If you're already smart, actually it can it like AI is not bad for you. In fact, people with strong cognitive baseline showed higher neural connectivity when using AI rather than dumb, so like, it also creates an intelligence gap.
Speaker 3: Right, you're smart, well, and here's the idiots.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's that's a real risk. And I will say, I mean, looking at this, one of the things that I treat as a little bit of a red flag with this whole study is that I can't actually verify in most of it that it's even even real or true. You know, I'm looking at screenshots and brain scams and all of this stuff, and I'm like, I don't understand any of this. I assume that this is all accurate and it did come out of him tea, but it's just like one of these things where I'm like, ah, just because I saw it on the internet, I don't know if this is even even real. So not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no no, And I pulled the thread from an article. I just I found the thread which was summarized right. So in a way, even though a person did it, I think, what if.
Speaker 5: The study was produced by Chad GBT though you didn't even know that.
Speaker 3: Dude, you still where I was going to go with this.
Speaker 1: But I don't know that the and it is it is MI T published. But I to Ross's point, do I know AI didn't write do the study? So yeah, I don't know. Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: You mentioned the kids.
Speaker 1: Ross was telling me you guys were talking about I've heard some of this stuff with texting, like like if you put a period, you can offend somebody who's young, and I don't A lot of times I hear this stuff and it's just that generational, all those next generation's idiots. So I always take that stuff with a grain of salt. But there are real world differences. And I got to tell you if I can get on my old man kick again, like the way that I see that some kids text, it's almost like Sanskrit man, and do they do they come and then we all are again speaking the same language? Or is am I just watching the front side of the evolution of the language and being grumping about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean the reason this was on my mind is there was this viral, viral tweet out last week and it said that millennials use LOL like stop at the end of a telegram. So imagine the Titanic hitting an iceberg and I go, we've hit an iceberg. Lol, please send help, LOL, thinkingyolo, send telgram. And then I was looking at my text messages with Ross actually and two out of every five text that I send and with LOL as a peak millennial, none of Ross's include this at all. And I think it's because millennials like with the period on the end of the sentence of a very short sentence. They want to communicate I'm not mad at you, I'm not mad at you, everything's good all the time. There's sort of this incredible nervousness about being on the wrong side of somebody, and LOL is like this marker that gives millennials insecurity away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, real quick.
Speaker 1: We've talked about this the beginning of the show and it was ty So Trump was asked about the the Tucker Carlson interviewing, hold on, I'm just stringing at my button. Burro up here all right here we go was talking about Tucker Carlson. Obviously they've they got the there was a little bit of beef or a lot of beef. I don't know. I don't believe anything I read anymore, but I found it very interesting that Tucker Carlson, as a journalists would call and apologize to Trump. Let me play this audio real quick, and this goes back to the Ted Cruise and really check this out.
Speaker 6: The Tucker Carlson Senator Ted Cruz interview. It seems like this issue on whether or not the United States should strike is kind of dividing a lot of your supporters.
Speaker 7: Now, my supporters, I for me, My supporters are America, make a Marga great again. My supporter is don't want to see you around having new grow up. And Tucker's a nice guy. He called and apologized at the end of the day because you thought he said things that were a little bit too strong, and I.
Speaker 1: Appreciated that, and all right, I'll cut it there. He also says Ted Cruise is a nice guy. And I remember him accusing or wondering aloud if Ted Cruse's dad had a hand in the Kennedy execution.
Speaker 3: So I mean the I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Never know, but then you know what the Trump elon beef and now it's not beef, but one person said the other person was on the Epstein list.
Speaker 3: This is one.
Speaker 1: This is why I would never do well in national politics. But holy hell man, your thoughts. I got about thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: I'm always stunned at how vindictive Trump can be, but also how quick to grace he can be. You know, it's one of those things where if you just call and apologize and say I got a little hot headed and everything, he's usually the it's like, yeah, that's what we do. That's what this is all about. We fight and then we say sorry and move on. She is very good at that, and I think it's actually one of his endearing qualities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, hey, Stephen, I'm up against it, but I appreciate you calling in.
Speaker 3: Take the rest of the day, sir.
Speaker 1: All right, you got it Chorley with some audio because well I tortured Ross because he had to dub it in and I got tortured.
Speaker 3: Because I had to listen to it.
Speaker 1: So you will not escape, but real quick this so you guys know that they found like human remains at Taylor Swift's mansion in Rhode Island. Right, so they finally identified the guy. He's a thirty one year old former marine from let's see Massachusetts, Rizly, Yeah, thirty one year old. So not only is she murdering people, she's killing veterans.
Speaker 5: You know, so I've heard enough. She needs to go to prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, but in all seriousness, they do not expect suspectout play. They did find his vehicle at one point and they thought it had just been dumped. So now it's connected and they don't know if he like was drunk, got in the water, suicide situation or what. And it's a beachfront mansion, so that's where the remains ended up. But also, you know, maybe it's evidence, So there's that. You can't have too much evidence because Ross was just telling me something else. And now I'm gonna watch Is this on Netflix or whereas this? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know this is their new fascination. It's about the guy who is allegedly the Gilgo Beach Likes murder serial killer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the killing all the hookers.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And now there's a new documentary out. There was one out and then there's a new one that's actually produced by Curtis Jackson fifty cent Okay, and all right, and you know he's not in it at all, but he's a producer. But this one takes place in the house where they're saying the murders might have taken place because his family still lives there. So it's like an interview with his wife and kids, and it's fascinating and this woman is so in denial.
Speaker 3: So just give me the bullet points here, dude.
Speaker 5: So every time, it turns out every time that she would go on vacation with the kids, right, hey, to take the kids and we're gonna go to Iceland.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do on gone, honey?
Speaker 5: Right, So it happens that every murder took place while she was away with the kids on vacation. So when she went to Iceland, or when she went to Six Flags or whenever, it was like when they were gone for a good amount of time for weeks, that's when every murder would take place. And there was one time where and she's talking in the interview, you can tell she like she so believes still in her husband, that he's innocent.
Speaker 1: And even though that's a pretty that's a pretty damning bit of circumstantial not just circumstances.
Speaker 5: There's tons of DNA evidence, like tons of DNA evidence. On one of the bodies, they found hairs of not just him, but also his daughter and his wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he was doing the honey do list while she.
Speaker 5: Was gone, right right right, So she said, like, you know, just to prove how you know, good of a husband, he is. One of the times when she they went a vacasion, when she came back, he surprised her with a brand new bathroom. All the tiles were new, the tub was new, the toilet was, the sacres new, the walls were painted. Everything was brand new, spick and span. And she's like, you know, he's just he's just a good provider, he's a family man.
Speaker 3: I'm like, he murdered her in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Dude. Dude telling me if Marky took Lincoln to go visit her family, as she's done before, and she came back and you had renoed the bathroom, that that's the bainting.
Speaker 5: I have done stuff before. When she's gone, we're like, you know, I fixed the door or I've done this sort of yeah, and it wasn't even the wife was like, oh, he's just so great.
Speaker 1: It's such a provider. He's a family man.
Speaker 5: He went never They're like, I don't know, man, there's like a lot of circles. How about the DNA and said he spit set up and it's just this.
Speaker 1: Point woman, he's completely in denial. But it's not like it's not like he had a how to list right.
Speaker 5: Right, So anyway, so they find three hundred to four hundred devices in this secret room that was in the house. Right, there's all these next to his giant gun safe, which fair play to him to have the gun safe. It was pretty amazing, like a walking vault, and guns were never used in any of them, so shall not be in fringe. Good for him, Yeah, even though the Feds took his guns pigs, right, But that's there is a secret room. There was a secret room next to the giant walking gun vault that the family was not allowed to go into. During the interview, they're talking to the family and they're like, yeah, we were never allowed in there. We have no idea what's in the secret room. The daughter's like, I've never been in a secret room. I have no how could you wouldn't you be like, we need to go in that secret room like right now.
Speaker 1: Well, for first I would stop calling the secret room and I call it the murder room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, So anyway, in the secret room, and also this place of business in Manhattan. He was an architect. They thought they'd go through four hundred something devices to look for like you know, forensic evidence. And they found that he had bought these programs to destroy all the all the information on a certain number of these computers. So they find experts that can bring them back.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait was it the Hillary thing?
Speaker 5: Right? Like the bleach bit stuff. So they find some experts like with the rag, right with the rag and the hands. Yeah, and they find this list, this Microsoft word document, and the Microsoft word document is the most chilling thing you've ever read. After watching it, less night to go back and look it up. It is chilling. It is a list of how to do serial killing, how to how to find.
Speaker 1: Out my return audio is not there? Ross you just keep talking about it.
Speaker 5: So how to how to find the victims, what victims should be?
Speaker 1: This is what happens when he broadcasts remotely. Sometimes do but keep talking so I can hear what hoose how to dispose of for whatever reason, I.
Speaker 3: Get these weird dropouts about fifteen seconds.
Speaker 5: How to use kitty litter to clean up you know, like human.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there we go. Okay, now you're back.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: That was weird.
Speaker 1: Sorry, so weird, so weird.
Speaker 5: That segment right there, that thirty seconds Marconi, it was so good. It's super guilty allegedly.
Speaker 3: What what do you think it would take the wife?
Speaker 1: That's the thing. I bet he could tell her that he did it.
Speaker 5: The kill list they found, like the list of things like, hey, you should get new tires, you know between kills, and you should you know, wear booties and gloves, and you need to take off tattoos if the victim has them. Like this document is so damning. Combined with the DNA evidence, he's so guilty allegedly.
Speaker 3: Wait, you don't have a murder document on your I do not. I mean you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Say if you did.
Speaker 3: So all right, let's let's get this. Let's get this out of the way.
Speaker 1: I don't know why all of the worst people on TV yesterday all decided simultaneously.
Speaker 3: To be extra worse, but whatever.
Speaker 1: But when you're on the view and you lose joy, behar because what you say is so crazy. Well, I guess that's that's amazing to me. And you'll understand right now what it was, because here is the audio. So this is Sonny and and Whoopee who have themselves a little theory that the others are not abiding by.
Speaker 3: Just listen to this.
Speaker 11: Let's just remember to the Iranians literally throw gay people off of buildings. They don't hear the basic humans.
Speaker 5: Let's not Let's not do that.
Speaker 2: Let's not do that, because if we start with that, we had we have been known in this country to tie gay folks to the car.
Speaker 11: Where but where the Iran.
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 11: So he did not even the same. I couldn't.
Speaker 5: No, that's not what you mean to say. It is the same.
Speaker 11: No, it's not the year twenty twenty five. The United States is nothing like if I stepped foot wearing this young interro, I'm sorry, we direction. I can't have my hair showing, I can't wear a skirt, I can't have my own I'm telling you, as I literally said, it was up to the Iranian people.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is up to and that's why I am saying that it is the same. Murdering someone for their difference is not good. Whoever does it's not good. So that's why I said you you weren't saying what you What I heard was not what you meant.
Speaker 11: I think it's very different to live in the United States in twenty twenty five than it is to live in an you're black, not for everybody, not if you're black.
Speaker 1: Okay, And again if they'd just kept the separation and will be when I'm talking about the nineteen twenties, again, it's not apples to apples because the motivation is different and all that. But however, you can talk about But that part she adds at the end, where the woman is trying to clearly point out that she means twenty twenty five, Tehran, twenty twenty five New York right where they all live are kind of different and woopee, just can't She's like, Nope, nope, if you're black, it's either as bad or worse than it is in Iran. Right now, if you're somebody a woman who dares show skin, or somebody who is thought to be gay, like she didn't even get a jump in from the others. Just you know, Sonny's there kind of rooting her on. But no absolute insanity, absolute insanity or I got a couple other clips. We'll get those in the final segment of the shows, Ray ready to go, mister accordion man, Hey, accordion man? Yeah, Hey, what's no little mini quits? The little mini accordion looks like an octagon or just I'm probably not an accordion.
Speaker 3: You know what what is that?
Speaker 10: I think they call it a squeeze box that actually squeeze box.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you just.
Speaker 1: By proxy play that as well?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 10: No, no, I don't like Yeah, I mean I'm not old nimble fingers. Do you know who that is they used to His nickname was nimble Things.
Speaker 1: That was my nickname in high school.
Speaker 4: In college, Lawrence Lawrence Welk. Look him up.
Speaker 10: I mean some great accordion playing Lawrence Welk.
Speaker 4: He was old.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No. So one of the stations I worked out in Minnesota runs a program called her Katie on the Air. It's for They've run him for fifty years. It's a weekend program. And they just played Polka and it gets numbers. It gets numbers. Yeah, yeah, they on r FD they show that stuff. Whether My wife just looks at me as like really, I said, no, you want to try this She's like, no, do not.
Speaker 4: Especially she did not, But.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you it is a party favorite, especially at the Saint Patrick's Day party that our principal every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like I said, my wife always just says, he's all mine ladies.
Speaker 3: All right, what you got man?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 10: Some concern today. It's not really the heat. I think tryad load nineties, maybe mid upper nineties triangle. But later this afternoon into early tonight. Yeah, let me see before I put my foot in my mouth. Yeah, we're still in a slight risk for severe storms. I think that happens. Some severe could be hail wind, gusty wins, damaging wins, maybe some isolated tornadoes too. So kids at ballgames are gonna be out later this afternoon, this evening. I'll just be ready for that. Tomorrow is gonna be a little bit better day, mid upper eighties, and you may notice a little different feel to the air mass. But it's quickly gonna go away. We're gonna have the first full days of summer coming up. Saturday, Sunday, upper eighties load nineties Saturday well into the ninety Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, maybe even Wednesday could be close to the upper nineties for the tryad a little bit cooler or not as hot triangle maybe load of mid nineties. You get the picture. Hazy, hot, humid, kind of yucky out there and heat index over one hundred degrees.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thanks for the misery. We'll chat tomorrow with the excellent with the musical. All right, thank you. Ray's gonna play the accordion. Everybody, do not miss it. This is appointment Radio.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: We will be right back with Jeff Bellinger. Hang on, Jeff's not here, so Ross is gonna be Jeff. What's going on there?
Speaker 3: Jeff Ross?
Speaker 5: Ross? Jeff?
Speaker 3: Why can't say Jeff Ross? That's a guy? Well, good morning. Did you do anything normal today?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I did not see Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your favorite kind of pizza?
Speaker 5: Well, okse you I've never had pizza.
Speaker 3: Oh no, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks Jeff, appreciate that. Okay, back to Realville. By the way, I got the weirdest But Boston Paul keeps emailing me saying that Ray informed us of the poke of this accordion thing, and we've just ignored it. You're put down. I know it's a holiday. Don't start drinking this early.
Speaker 5: Man, maybe it's like a Mandela effect thing.
Speaker 1: Oh well, didn't we have a theory that you and I jumped into a different multiverse?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we said your name possibly could yeah. Yeah, And we still have the evidence ower of the case. The Odeal show is sponsored by wind Donation.
Speaker 1: And then we jumped into another one because then it was the ODEA. But so maybe maybe we're maybe everyone's right anyhow, No, but this is this is the email.
Speaker 3: I got this morning. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I will look into it, all right, So Ben Road, he said, what's going on with the National parks and selling the two hundred million acres of land of trying to find info?
Speaker 3: Are we?
Speaker 1: Are we selling the National Parks? I had not seen that. Now I do know that Trump talked about selling land. And let me tell you somebody from Wyoming, and this permeates a lot of the Western United States. We hate how much land the federal government owns in our states. And in fact, the federal government is the top land owner in several states. In fact, they owned most of Nevada, like most of that is owned by the Feds. But you know, out in the West, from the National Forest to the bl m stuff all of that. It's in Wyoming. The federal government and the railroads are the two largest landowners, so that. But I don't think they're selling the national parks. If they are, I call DIBs on Yellowstone. So that's mine, Ross, you gotta you gotta national park. You want if they're if we're going to sell these or.
Speaker 5: Actually already bought Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: What no, no, no, no, no no no, that's my back.
Speaker 5: No, it was going to be a gift. I was going to gift it to you, but.
Speaker 1: I ruined it. Oh man, well I was very thoughtful, love you. So yeah, I don't think they're selling the national parks. I think that might be a bridge too far. But the idea of selling federal land, that might make sense, but i'd have to see each chunk. But these and the other beef is is that when families settled out there, such as mine did, and it was one of those situations where essentially you fence it, you own it kind of thing, although you did have to pay some stuff, and they went through a process of reclamation of land and it knocked the size of our place down over half. Right, So you could have national forest. You can do all this other stuff and they're just like, not yours anymore. But you can lease it in perpetuity for next to nothing, but it's just but it's not yours anymore. So there's a lot of hard feelings on that stuff. It'll be interesting to see. All right, one more just because I apparently they finally got the message that's saying if we deport all the people who's going to pick the crops might come across as a little I don't know, little racisty or however you want to describe it. So Anna Navarro's on CNN and she's decided to pivot. Let's see if this sounds any better.
Speaker 12: And look, what's going to happen here is that we're going to find that milk gets a lot higher. Because I don't know if any of you have ever been in a dairy farm. It is god awful work.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't believe you've driven past a dairy farm.
Speaker 3: Screw you.
Speaker 1: I have. I have, even though my family's you know, beef, like I know dairy farmers and it's hard work. But I don't get me wrong, it's hard work.
Speaker 5: I have a question about this. Yeah, yeah, isn't that like all like, it's all machines now, right, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, it is when you're Yeah, they're not physically pulling on the otters.
Speaker 3: You get it.
Speaker 1: You're a milking parlor. But it's a lot of work. You got to get the girls in and out. There's a lot of cleaning, you have to maintain the animal. Arguably, some my friends are gonna get mad at me. I think dairy farming is probably harder than beef ranching, for for the continuation of the year. Beef Ranching is just very intensive certain parts of the year, calving seasons and nightmare right, and then he got branding. But you know, once you're in a summer feed program, you're just basically you just this is what I tell people. Ranching is just mostly for uh, during the downtimes, mitigating stupid.
Speaker 3: You just drive around and.
Speaker 1: You're like, what what did this dumbass do today? And it's like, ah, I'm a cow who thinks he can fit in a gopher a hole. Like that's your day, that's your day, just keeping them alive.