Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The games Mike the Bulldog.
Speaker 2: Beyond you on jr R. Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Kaufin and Lynd injury attorneys. Don't forget Jeffkaffin will be here next hour with lawn disorder. You can get your questions over at two two five two six. We'll put him in front of Jeff. Hey, dog, I know we've got a ton of huge football news to get to. Uh do we want to do the non football stuff before we get to the overreactions? You run the show here, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it. The the Orlando Gritty Gutties aka the Orlando Magic. They won last night without the Franz A Franz Wagner and Paalo bang Cao. They are two leading scorers who both have uh the exact same injury. Now we learned that learned on Friday that the Franz is now out and definitely with the same exact abdominal injury the right oblique torn muscle, same injury Pallo has. He's out. But the Magic one again last night one fifteen to one ten without those guys and man these guys. I don't know if they can survive or how long they can survive without Pallo and the Fronz, but they did it last night, so good for them.
Speaker 2: Undefeated at home. Only team in the NBA to be undefeated at home, Dog and are still alive in the NBA Cup, although they go to Milwaukee tomorrow night and nix an elimination.
Speaker 4: Guy, Oh, is it that I've never heard of that injury or you know, not talked about a bunch, and now both of our our key players have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. As I told Lenz the other day when we texted, they need to start doing their crunches or something. I don't know what's going on with those oblique muscles down in their stomach, but yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Weird Fronz needs to put on that leather jacket really tight and it'll keep it together.
Speaker 2: I think Lightning taking care of business yesterday for to win over Vancouver. All the lights just went out for the last time at the F one desk for the season. Bulldog waits out. We go to Abu Dhabi for a season. Recap of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix came to an end on Sunday, we have.
Speaker 4: Lando Norris coming in first Nemero Uno.
Speaker 2: In the weekend over the Weekend's race, securing the Constructor's title for a McLaren Bulldog.
Speaker 3: By the way, were there was there some controversy in F one with like a threat made or something by uh oh Max.
Speaker 2: For stapping, Yeah, Max for stapping and George Russell or John at each other. Max was saying he was gonna put Lando into the into the barrier, and uh well yeah.
Speaker 3: Before we get to the major UCF news, NFL games yesterday and college, let's start with the Let's let's start with the NFL games. The Buccaneers take control of the division again. They beat the Raiders yesterday twenty eight to thirteen. The Falcons lose. That means the Bucks are now in sole possession first place in the NFC South. The Dolphins one thirty two to twenty six in overtime over the Jets, so their slim pet playoff hopes are still alive.
Speaker 2: Even the Jaguars, what are they think winning games at this point?
Speaker 3: BOWLDG got yeah. And by the way, that game should have been outlawed. It was so bad. I tried to watch that yesterday. The Jets those Wars win. Jaguars win ten to six. Yeah, that was a terrible game. But about you know, two terrible teams other NFL action. What about Josh Allen six scores six touchdowns, three running, three passing, and the Bills still lose forty four to forty two to the Rams. That's the first time in a history of players ever scored three rushing and three passing touchdowns. The Chiefs continue to have a lady luck on their side. They beat the Chargers nineteen to seventeen on the thirty one yard field goal that bumped off the left, upright and still went through as time expired, so the Chiefs clinched the AFC West. Those were really the best two games. About the Vikings forty one, As I mentioned, the Falcons lose, The Vikings beat the Falcons, so they continue to win.
Speaker 2: The Cartoon Bowl is tonight on Monday Night football.
Speaker 3: That's right, we have the do we have the Cowboys and in.
Speaker 2: The Bengals and the Simpsons.
Speaker 3: Oh the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see Simpsons alternate broadcast with the Monday.
Speaker 3: Night college football playoff pairings was impressed all that all that stuff where they keep doing these mock mock shows. I'm like, let's just watch some football, guys, right. College football playoffs were announced yesterday. The pairings and SMU gets into the playoffs. Miami and Alabama got left out. I was glad to see Alabama got left out SMU, which lost in the ACC Championship game to Clemson. They slide in. Uh, and now you know they know the playoffs are set.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Some of the matchups. So do you see where some of these matchups are? Notre Dames hosting a game, Ohio States hosting a game, Penn State's hosting a game. What's the weather gonna be like in those gonna be football weather? Dog, Right, that's what it's gonna be. Yeah, it's gonna be interesting. So yeah, college football playoffs are set, looking forward to that. Bowl games also were announced yesterday. Bowl games here in Orlando, the Parts Bowl, the Hurricanes coming to town to play Iowa State, and the Pop Tarts Bowl. Citrus Bowl has South Carolina. Where's my matchups here? Citrus Bowl South Carolina and Illinois and the Citrus Bowl or the is that what's it called?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: The cheese it bawl?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Right? And then Tulane plays Florida and the Gasparilla Bowl and the big news over the weekend. Scott Frost coming back to Orlando as the head coach at UCF had the introductory press conference yesterday. Frosty was I mean, he was awesome. He's awesome. I love the move. It's an emotional hire. It's a nostalgic hire. As I wrote my column, I don't know if it's the best hire, but it just seems like the right hire to me. It does bring to bring Frosty back home. Uh. He even said, listen, it's a different landscape in college football than when I was here before. But he thinks he can get it done. You see, thinks he can get it done. By the way, the bulldog did get the biggest laugh of the press conference last night. Say so, Terry Mahauger the ad. He's up there taking questions. So I start to ask him a question and he goes, hey, he goes, you called this. You called that we were going to bring frost home in your column the other day. He goes, you're an nostro dumas, all right, and I go that would be no stra dumbass. Got a big roar, But yeah, what do you guys think of Frost coming home.
Speaker 2: I believe the word comfortability comes to mind.
Speaker 3: I like it. What do you mean comfortability?
Speaker 2: I think that is a name that all involved are comfortable with.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think that he will get He will do better for recruiting than what's his name?
Speaker 3: What of you know what else he's already doing better at. I was talking to Terry Mahauger last night after the press conference. The donors are already starting to open up their poss books in wallet's a little bit.
Speaker 4: More just what I was saying. I'm telling you're excited. You like how I call you our ex coach? What's his name in it? For the long haul malls on? Yeah, yeah, the long haul of Leon County.
Speaker 3: Best quote from Frost last night he was asking about leaving UCF before to go to Nebraska. He goes, He goes, when you're climbing the ladder is success. Sometimes they don't tell you to stop when you're happy. In other words, he should have stopped when he was happy at UCF before instead of going to Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Maybe this could be the beginning of another you know, incredible run.
Speaker 3: Let's hope so and I know his wife's happy being here.
Speaker 2: So that's good, absolutely so all right, obviously plenty to talk about. If you want to join the Bulldog on his show open Mic, you'll find him on adjacent Dust on AM seven forty and FM ninety six nine to the Game. We appreciate you taking time out of your show to join us for the sports page here Each morning on JR I brought you by Kaufman and Lynd.
Speaker 3: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Copp and every Saturday morning seven thirty on FM ninety six y nine The Game. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, check out the Lynchen Taco Off the Air podcast episodes posted every Thursday on the iHeartRadio app, downloaded for free at wj r R dot com.
Speaker 2: From the boat