Speaker 1: I love you guys. We'll see z it. Good luck. But wait, there's more.
Speaker 2: March thirtieth, twenty twenty six, Monday. I hope everyone is doing well, had a good weekend all that stuff. If I give you didn't, if anyone didn't, I guess we could probably blame Trump.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but lot's going on today. Welcome back again on Monday, mister chuck O Shelley.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, what.
Speaker 4: Met my life?
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll just say that you Irish and Secilian.
Speaker 1: That's right to you, true, Good morning to you. Good morning. How's it going?
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, I don't even know today.
Speaker 5: My brain is little muted yet.
Speaker 6: No, oh crap, I don't even know how it's going this morning. There we go, I unmuted and it muted again. I don't even know how it's going this morning.
Speaker 2: Tapped it like in Israeli strike on journalists and hospital workers.
Speaker 1: That's what you did, just quick, quick on it, double.
Speaker 6: Tapped it like I was still collecting money in my twenties. What anyway, Look, it's just it's like that kind of morning.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll tell you, dude, if we're if we're gonna get silly and rhyme about it. Uh you know whoa we're right in there with Secretary of War Pete.
Speaker 5: Hegsa oh I was gonna say, who runs he is? Who rhymed? Okay Pete?
Speaker 2: Alright, he's out there like he's out there like Allie. In fact, he's out there like Randy marsh That it's we live in a fucking cartoon.
Speaker 5: Are you sure it's not a Jesse Jackson trae yet? All right?
Speaker 6: Good words used like weapons to cloud my mind.
Speaker 2: Maximum lethality, not tippid legality, violent effect, not politically correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: Where we're at. Respect Christ. These are these are the.
Speaker 1: US stepping on a rab Next.
Speaker 2: His legs get rigged eggs, Jeff Boom, the fucking ry long needs to do one of those like you did with Zuckerberg.
Speaker 6: Like he's been picking through Vanilla ICE's garbage. What the hell? Man?
Speaker 2: Oh, Vanilla Ice is at mar A Lago like every other weekend.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's his you know, home away from home. He's in there like swimwear nice. It's uh, it's how he yeah, it's it's how he parties.
Speaker 1: I did a ninja turtle, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I did appreciate his metal tour though. You ever heard that stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a remember when Garth Brooks.
Speaker 1: Went like alternative, right, what was his name? It had the same Chris Gaines's.
Speaker 2: It was Chris gain That's well, Garth Brooks was out serial killing. Maybe Chris Gaines is Garth Brooks's serial killer alter ego, and maybe we should revisit that album because it may be a confessional.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no nobody can.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna but somebody.
Speaker 6: No, hey, look, we're not volunteering for the job, but maybe maybe somebody can resurrect. I'll hit you like a Holy Field, blow to the dome, back up, sudden, now, give me room, give me.
Speaker 1: Room Christmas.
Speaker 2: Right. That was not on a Garth Brooks album, by the way, just for the folks at home, No, Chuck was not quoting Garth Brooks there.
Speaker 6: I'll leave it to the listener's imagination to figure out who I was quoting.
Speaker 2: Okay, should anyone listen to Garth Brooks, who is, in all likelihood potentially a serial killer? Are you familiar with that one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is.
Speaker 6: One of those things I don't like. I've seen it a lot, and I start to try and listen to it and it just hurts my head too much.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just it's just like, come on, because.
Speaker 2: They cut in Garth Brooks's music, because that would put me right out well.
Speaker 5: DC, that's the thing.
Speaker 6: They jump around and they have to show you where he was on tour and then where murders occurred, and it just becomes like, you know, VH one should have done this at three o'clock in the morning when it's still had a channel.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, leave me alone.
Speaker 6: I don't know. For some reason, I get annoyed with it, and I go, come on, man, look, I know conspiracy culture is wacky and all, but you know, I'd rather sit here.
Speaker 5: And take Q seriously the deal with that. I just can't.
Speaker 2: I am. Actually, I'm pretty fond of the idea of Garth Brooks being a serial killer. That's because I have a deep dislike of the man's music. I used to work in a warehouse, Chuck, and the foreman was a fellow named Leonard, and you know, God loved me. He was a great guy, great, you know, fantastic for you know, first like foreman experience and shit like that. And his underling, dude, I was like fifteen or something like, No, it's sixteen because I was driving. But he was getting me high on lunch and shit like that, and so you know, it's all right. But Leonard loved three things.
Speaker 1: He loved.
Speaker 2: God, he loved Nascar wow, and he loved eighty five point five FM, the country radio station. Maybe it was ninety four or five. My old neighbors in here, let me know. I can't remember one of those two. But the country hits of the day, and I heard from eight am to five pm, wall the wall, just standard Nashville radio programming, pop country.
Speaker 1: And I'm done. I'm done. There was somebody John Deed was saying, it's in.
Speaker 2: The Telegram chat over the weekend, like I know you hate reggae at theodo blah blah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't hate reggae, dude.
Speaker 2: I was just oversaturated. It was over exposed and it's had to take a really long break. Yeah. Yeah, So it was uh, it was not great. It was not great.
Speaker 6: I totally unders I have a better warehouse story than that, though, because a much earlier in my life I worked at a swimsuit warehouse in Neptune, New Jersey.
Speaker 5: I kid, you not.
Speaker 6: And the guy they put in to trade me was his dude, man kne and.
Speaker 5: He was awesome.
Speaker 6: His whole thing, though, for six months, was trying to convince me that I need to stop dating white women. And I loved that time with chirone. He showed me where the best Chinese food place was, he showed me how to get over at work and everything.
Speaker 5: Chirn.
Speaker 6: I don't know what happened to you, brother, but if you're out there somewhere, I still love you.
Speaker 1: Just saying nice.
Speaker 2: Oh and confirmation, by the way, and the chat that it was, it was ninety five five.
Speaker 6: Excellent, excellent. It's good to know the station. It's good to know the frequency, yes, sir, And I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you not all gone, it's not all gone. No.
Speaker 6: And working listen, if you work in the South somewhere and you do a menial labor job, I guarantee you that if the employees are allowed to have a radio, okay, if you're this is a a black and white issue. Also, if you're working with white guys, you are listening to a country station, I promise you, uh. And if you're listening, you know if you're if you're working with black people you are not listening to a country station. That is also a guarantee. So I know these things still exist even in the dead lands of broadcast. Uh, even in the days at all.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's there's a guarantee you're gonna hear about cars and the word kuchie is going to be involved. If it's Alan Jackson, it's about the weather where it gets hotter than the Huci coucci.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, if.
Speaker 2: It's Wrap, it's a different kind of coucie, that's right. But yeah, but it's still hot dude. Definitely, it's definitely couchie involved.
Speaker 1: And it's always absolutely.
Speaker 5: See we have to see we have.
Speaker 6: To start appreciating those points where we come together better than those where we come apart.
Speaker 5: That's that's part of the message.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, yeah, No, I've I've worked all over these great United States, and I mean that like individually, state wise, with the vast majority of the people in there.
Speaker 1: They're just you know, not.
Speaker 2: Part of a bloodline, pedophilic old religion cult that uh you know exists solely to drain us of our time, money and energy, spiritual energy and all that kind of stuff. They didn't buy large most of the people puck chill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, where you go, I love it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and I've done you know, I mean good. No.
Speaker 6: My automatic end though on every job that I've that i've taken up here in the South, when I've worked with other guys, you know, like we're we're the workers and there's a boss and all that kind of thing is that I am guaranteed that they just laughed their asses off at my accent during any lunch break. They just love my accent. They asked me to say stuff and everything like how do you say this? And I don't even try to do the Southern draw, but telling you like they all got some sort of Southern draw and they double over and laugh the just like say this, how would you describe this? And I go, okay, whatever, And it doesn't matter what I say. I am hilarious automatically because they're just.
Speaker 2: Like Leon over there. If Leon over there trips on a shovel and it come back and smack him rot and is tiny, what would you say in Jersey about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right, I'd say, ooh shit, that looked like it hurt. And they just crack up because the only thing another weird thing, by the way, and I know you don't care about you know, you don't have language restrictions here, So it's great. Is I still haven't cracked this one code? And that is how come it is. See, motherfucker is a phrase often used in the Northeast, and you could call things a motherfucker. You could call people motherfuckers. You could call women and men both motherfucker or motherfucking something, because that has a meaning. That's a spin, that's an accent, that's an intensity razor right well, but it's a given up there. It passes along like nobody hears it in Jersey and New York and Pennsylvania. Down here, it's it's almost like insulting somebody's mama.
Speaker 5: Actually it's worse.
Speaker 6: I think somehow you call somebody a motherfucker, these people have complete mental breakdowns and want to kill you.
Speaker 5: I never seen anything have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have it in their head that it comes from slavery days.
Speaker 1: Okay, but so.
Speaker 2: It's it's extra like I think, misappropriate. But it has an additional connotation to it that when you're saying it, it's there's a psychological programming that's gone on generationally for that to immediately transport the ears back to eighteen forty four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, but they but they will not.
Speaker 1: I'm just explaining it.
Speaker 2: I'm not justifying it or rationalizing it.
Speaker 5: I'm just explaining and I'm not even challenging it.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is though that coming out of my mouth, it simply means something was rough, intense, And it's a multi layered thing and it's multiple choice, right, But it does mean that something was rough, bad, intense, you know what I mean extreme, It was you know, the most hurtful, it was the most whatever, and that it can be a positive thing as well. It can also just mean a raise intensity. You know, I got paid so much motherfucking money that I couldn't even spend it fast enough. You know, you could hear that from somebody, even though they were usually full of shit. The point that they were making is it was coming in intensely. It was it was flowing.
Speaker 5: Hard at the time. All these raises apply.
Speaker 6: None of this is personal to somebody, even if you call them a motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Most guys just go and because it's an incomplete sentence.
Speaker 6: In the Northeast here, I just insulted you and your family everybody, you know.
Speaker 1: Like Look, it's not just the Northeast.
Speaker 2: It carries across the country because motherfucker kind of just your rolls like water on the West coast, up and down. It's you know, the it's it's just in the Midwest too, it certainly, you know, and that spans out from Chicago. But it's way more universally applied. And here's my theory, Chuck, here's my theory. It's the cog Cog theory of language movement, all right, at least in terms of the word motherfucker. Because I promise you, Chuck, and you know this, and the people that live down there can testify to it too, that once you get into a certain part of southern Florida, it more greatly resembles the Northeast than Florida.
Speaker 1: The more north.
Speaker 2: You get in Florida, the more south Florida becomes. And then the further south you go, the more like Jersey and New York it kids. So motherfucker much more acceptable in that particular part of Florida then it would be in say, Jacksonville, all right now.
Speaker 1: And then the COG.
Speaker 2: Theory, by the way, Chuck, it is, Hey, it's a concentrated occupation of guineas. Okay, So wherever you find a highly concentrated area of guineas, you will also then find free use and accepted use of motherfucker as a descriptive adjective, as a noun, as a verb, as a transitive verbal. It has all of the universal properties because it is a universal adjective kind of thing.
Speaker 6: Well, it's an adjective, it's a noun, it's a pronoun. You know what, I fuck it's it's a motherfucker of a motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Okay, and that's the best part of it.
Speaker 6: But anyway, Florida, now, see Florida, I gotta I gotta push back on you. Florida part of the theory because Florida is an open air insane asylum. I don't care where the people came from that landed there. Once you're there, you're done. I mean, anybody I know from Florida.
Speaker 2: Most people universally described Florida as what.
Speaker 1: Huh? I fully agree.
Speaker 6: You know to me, it's the only state in the Union where if you say Florida, man, people know what you meant.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If I say you know, Jersey, man, they go, well, what does that mean? Exactly if I say, pick a state, Montana man. Okay, maybe he's a I don't know, a survivalist. I'm not sure. You're not sure what you hear Florida man, You know what it means.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just.
Speaker 2: When I hear when I hear Jersey man, I think high concentrations of hair product, cologne, black T shirt, a chain or two, and significant use of the word motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See, that's the coast, and that's definitely a higher concentration in the eighties. And yes, I'm part of that. But you left out the wife beater.
Speaker 1: You know, just say, well, not a wife beater.
Speaker 2: But I did describe Bret Ernst to a t shout out. It's a bread sure by wife beater for from Patterson, who I have the utmost respect for and would never insult in any way, especially now that you're out.
Speaker 6: Short quick translation, by the way, wife beater in case somebody thinks I mean I'm encouraging domestic violence, is just you know, it.
Speaker 1: Just means cop.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, Although it does apply. Cops is a different thing outside of just the enemy as far as I'm concerned. But uh, look, it's it's a T shirt. It's you know, you know, the white tank top looking thing that you know a lot of guys would wear under her shirt.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 6: Okay, that is a white beater. It's generally described as a white beater.
Speaker 5: Okay, just so.
Speaker 6: People are not tracksuit ye well track suits, Yeah that tracksuits, I got you.
Speaker 5: It's okay.
Speaker 2: I have nothing to look I have nothing against in tracksuit.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know. I would fag out and get a matching track suit with my girl.
Speaker 2: I would not now, not like today or anything, but at some point, like with you know, down the road. Yeah, and maybe even matching furry kangles fuck it, yeah, sure, large sunglass.
Speaker 6: You know how somebody's actually from Jersey though, is they're pissed off at Jersey Shore.
Speaker 5: They're aggravated with that show.
Speaker 6: They love the Sopranos, but they hate that show, right, and there's a reason for it. Those people were a menace when they actually filmed in Jersey. And those people weren't even mainly from Jersey. They just made a mockery, a cartoon out of people that are actually real there. And let me tell you when they got there, when they got their beach house, uh there on the shore and people like my friends and myself might have been running security around for MTV because they hired locals, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The funniest thing I ever heard is my friend Tim coming back from having to do overtime over at the Jersey shore house when they left, and he comes back to the bar of Matt and he sits down. And Tim was built like Tony Atlas, you know what I'm saying. Like he was he was built, and so he was one of those kind of bouncers that most guys, even drunk, would go, yeah, I ain't doing this, uh right, just to look at him. But Tim sits down, He's got this look on his face I never seen before. I said, what happened to you? Which is you know that that's a multi layered question in a Jersey as well, what happened to you? Anyways? Uh So he looks at me and he goes, do you know what I just spent like two hours doing? No, of course I don't what. Uh Yeah, we were collecting all of the half used herpes cream tubes all over the house and we had to clear that out before we could finish out the day. That's why I was there overtime. He's doing overtime collecting herpe's cream. Yeah, so you know, I don't know whose problem it was, but apparently, you know, there might be a new reason to use the word or term snookie.
Speaker 5: So I'm yeah, if.
Speaker 2: I had to, if I had to guess, I would guess all of them, but including you know, probably everyone involved in producing the show. But you know that that would possibly, I guess, look like bias. And I'll also confess to never having seen more than like just tiny little clips here and there over the years of Jersey Shore. And I just recently learned that one of the dudes from Jersey Shore is trying to be a comic now. He was on Story Wars.
Speaker 1: Do you remember I.
Speaker 5: Heard about it?
Speaker 6: But you know, all I'm thinking of while you're talking and I'm thinking about this, and now it came up, and I hate that we got on Jersey Shore, but let's do it anyway. Is that South Park did the definitive take introduction and take down to Jersey Shore in that one episode where they get al Qaeda to help them in order to make sure that that that South Park doesn't become part of West Jersey.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: That is the best.
Speaker 6: They got the tan Jovi on there, they got this kind of situation or whatever, and uh, you know, we find out that that Kyle's mom was from Jersey.
Speaker 2: It is beautiful, right, and that makes sense, That makes total sense. I have I've also never seen the south Park Jersey Shore.
Speaker 5: You have not seen that one.
Speaker 1: You should try to find that. Oh, you got to look it up, man. Man.
Speaker 2: I missed giant chunks of South Park because I was raising children during that and it wasn't like just on a lot.
Speaker 6: See, I watched it with my kids. I watched it with my kids, you know, before the divorce.
Speaker 1: I never had I.
Speaker 2: When I moved out of my house for you know, for good in nineteen ninety six, I went, uh gosh, uh. Well it was until twenty sixteen when the Cubs were in the playoffs and looking like they might go to a World Series for the first time in one hundred and eight years, and as a born Cubs fan, dude, you know, spent like everybody else alive their entire life watching these poor fucks lose. I was like, okay, so I got uh wink. It was like a ninety day free trial. And then I canceled it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so you know.
Speaker 2: Just and yeah, see and I and I think it just wasn't in my wasn't on my radar for really long time.
Speaker 6: You know, as Bill Clinton used to say, I could feel your pain because you know, you're talking to a guy who was a Mets fan all the way up until he got divorced and then I stopped following. So believe me, I got the Yes, I got the thrill of nineteen eighty six when I was a kid, But I got the constant expectations of you know, something good happening and them hiring good players and then immediately crapping out or you know, just just at some point, the complete failure is a guarantee as a Mets fan. Even in two thousand, we were like, oh, thank god, we got the Subway series happening, right, good, we get to beat the damn Yankees, and you know what, Nah, none of it happened, right yeah?
Speaker 5: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember, I do, I do? I remember?
Speaker 2: Did Bill Maher and John Stewart still own a piece of the Mets.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, Bill Maher does not own those guys.
Speaker 5: Do not own a piece of the Mets.
Speaker 1: No anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, okay, but yeah, no, they would have to they would have to bring back looking the other.
Speaker 2: Way for all of the substances if they wanted a repeat of eighty six.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, cocainees is a hell of a drug.
Speaker 2: Just saying I remember so vividly. I think it was the NLCS game.
Speaker 1: But Gooden closes.
Speaker 2: Out, you know, and or there's a victory, he runs out something like that, there's a fucking celebration pile in the middle of the field and he gets like slightly touched and blood just starts gushing out of his nose and it's like, oh, dude, that's a fun dugout. I didn't know anything about cocaine at the time.
Speaker 1: I was eight years old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, rewatch it now until about oh go ahead, yeah, rewatch it now. Because if you notice, when Doc does something great, he leaps off of that mound like he's Michael and that's how high he's going, and it's like so obvious he's high. It's hilarious. It's like, yeah, yeah, he wasn't actually high on the mound, was he?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: Okay, dude.
Speaker 2: They were all just lit, all of them, all of them. Fernando Venezuela. Oh fuck, you don't think Keith Rnandez was high as fuck? My I mean, come home.
Speaker 5: See, I don't know about Keith.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm not sure about Keith because I think Keith.
Speaker 5: Might have been more of the old school getting drunk guy. You know, it seemed like maybe well.
Speaker 2: Although the old school get drunk guys were also on a whole bunch of amphetamines.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but prescribed by a doctor, so therefore, you know.
Speaker 6: Man, uh no, they somebody, everybody on that team was on something. That's all I'm saying that they were all chemically chemically altered. But still I don't know if that was an advantage or disadvantage given. But it was still great to see, you know. And of course the Bill Buckner thing. Ellis and Bill Buckner for the rest of his life being the guy who let a slow dribbler go between his legs.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, anywhere, yeah, Bill, Bill Buckner, I mean, you know, it was great.
Speaker 6: That's how they got into Game seven, and then they took it, so you know, the party continued.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My personal favorite is the doc Ellis No Hitter on LSD.
Speaker 1: I love that story.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite just Internet Things is doc ellis narrating the story and talking about what happened that day, and it's.
Speaker 1: Over the adorable animation. Very fun. I played it on the show a bunch of times, you know.
Speaker 6: Speaking of people's uh, you know, revisionist can conspiracy theories. Since we are and this will be the last baseball thing I bring up, but I want to know because look, my personal favorite and I'm trying to recollect baseball cards now I'm doing it with my eleven year old, you know, and I don't have any money, so that's the fun part of it. But I'm trying to recollect some of the cards I used to have, and my personal collection was every Nolan Ryan card I could get my hands on because he was my favorite guy. And of course the Mets, so I had, you know, a massive collection of Mets and Nolan Ryan's and anything else I had, I traded for it. But here's the thing. Now, I'm hearing from people, Yeah, Nolan Ryan, but you know, he was probably one of the first guys to get away with steroids, and I.
Speaker 1: Went, I don't think so, you know, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but people would say that, look, he just had longevity and some people go, well, that's the steroids. And see, now there's the exact wrong attitude to take in my mind.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna put.
Speaker 1: Steroids of what the roids do from what I've seen.
Speaker 6: Well that's what I'm saying, because look, he starts out as a rook with the Mets in sixty eight. He was part of the sixty nineteen. He pitched out of the bullpen and Clakes. People don't know it, and he was a Mets rookie, a rookie card I could never afford, and I think it's probably about two thousand dollars right now in prime shape, you know, just to get his rookie card. But the thing is this, he starts there, and he pitched all the way into the nineties.
Speaker 5: Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 6: So the guy pitched for thirty years. Okay, no player now is going to do that, I promise you. And that's the opposite of what would happen if he was regularly abusing steroids in order to increase his performance, put more you know, speed on his fastball or whatever else. He may have utilized them on occasion because he had back injuries, but I don't think this was a guy like roiding up for the purposes of cheating. Like so, I would be surprised if he even used steroids based on his attitude and everything else. I mean, this is the guy that used for Advil commercials for.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Remember, yeah, yeah, I don't, I know, but no, and I agree I do, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think you.
Speaker 2: I don't think Nolan Ryan used performance enhancing drugs like steroids or any of that. You know, for all we know, he wasn't shooting like Chinese cobra fucking dick, you know whatever.
Speaker 8: But I what I what I see what I watched back Nolan Ryan ship like that is a fucking like giant rancher.
Speaker 2: Who just happened to be able to throw a baseball like his Land was intimidating enough and had a smart enough pitch selection to be intimidating as fuck too that you know, he's like, he was a very cerebral. But I threw hard, but everybody in the now in the league throws hard. You know what I mean? It was it was intelligence of pitch, pitch selection, and just fear.
Speaker 3: That was the thing.
Speaker 5: By on a lot, well, that was the thing.
Speaker 6: It's like, okay, we jacked a home run off when we knew somebody was going to get hit soon in the lineup, you know, like you, and that would be in your brain and would screw you up trying to put a bat on a ball. So that was the thing, you know, like you, you embarrassed him. You were definitely getting to paid. You know, one hundred mile hour pitch right by your face that was going to be there, whether it was meant to hit you or just whiz by you and give you an impression.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing.
Speaker 1: That called that. My dad called that getting your whiskers painted.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And there's a good description, right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 1: He was also a pitcher.
Speaker 2: And then his baseball coach in college was Carl Urskin, who pitched for the Brooklyn Dodgers and the LA Dodgers a couple of seasons.
Speaker 6: There you go, There you go, And that's that's a that's a serious picture right there.
Speaker 5: Erskine another guy.
Speaker 6: Look, I know my baseball history going back a little bit, but I don't want to, you know, dwell on it too much. I'm just saying I find it weird that people go into these revisionists sort of fits and try and apply things like, oh, somebody performed real well, they must be on steroids. Look, I guarantee you a lot of guys were on a lot of drugs you didn't realize.
Speaker 5: But Nolan Ryan, I'm not.
Speaker 6: You know, It's like shoe Hey Otani right now, who is a freaking amazing generational player. Nobody's gonna start pointing a stick at him now probably and say he's on steroids.
Speaker 5: He doesn't he.
Speaker 6: I mean, come on, he's a little Japanese guy who is skilled.
Speaker 5: Is what it is.
Speaker 6: And I don't know how long that's gonna last. But if it lasts, the guy's better than Babe Ruth.
Speaker 5: I mean, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: His drug of choice is his drug of choice is clearly gambling.
Speaker 1: So that's what they're storry about.
Speaker 5: Steroids, right, But but there you go.
Speaker 6: All these guys have you know, some sort of I need to get my adrenaline junkie high. And they get it in different ways, and they all got their vices.
Speaker 5: But I don't get the whole. Oh, Nolan Ryan must have been on steroids. No, I don't think so. I just don't think so.
Speaker 6: I also remember him being scrubbed from lineups because his back was.
Speaker 1: Hurting too bad.
Speaker 6: So if you were jacking up on steroids, you just take the shot in the right place. No more worries about your back paint. See, that's why Dwight Goodnen destroyed his arm because he didn't know he was hurt being on so much coke. I'm not hurt on pine. So he winds up and throws. You know, he was another power pitcher, and he winds up and throws with a hurt arm. Enough times the arm gives, man, it just does. And especially I don't know if you remember a baseball card, they did this weird baseball card with him with no shirt on throwing a.
Speaker 5: Pitch to show you what his arm looks like.
Speaker 6: And it was like, if you look at the way he twisted his arm in order to fire that ball a certain way, I mean, over extension because you're on a drug, was obvious. But uh, Nolan Ryan, like you said, he just happened to be, you know, some big rancher guy who just happened to have that skill of intelligently throwing pitches. Anyways, it's just something to keep in mind in the general sort of you know, the old days kind of ways, versus trying to revise history. Sometimes you got to be smart about it, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure, it's uh, get some jokes in.
Speaker 5: Right, get over here, give you the rundown on the crew, sir.
Speaker 1: So we got that guy. His name's Lightning.
Speaker 2: Why because the hammers, like Lightning, never hits the same spot twice.
Speaker 1: No, do not laugh.
Speaker 5: You haven't earned that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, he has blueprint.
Speaker 6: Looks good on paper, but it's something all off, shot back, always sucking up to the boss. Now Walter White loves a certain type of drug.
Speaker 5: Really, yeah, somehow he's one of our best employees.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: Then we got Toothpick because he's fat, and Jaba the Hut because.
Speaker 6: He's skinny, and be in ho c both named Jose.
Speaker 4: It's actually kind of clever.
Speaker 5: And bringing up the rear you got cheeks.
Speaker 1: No one's ever told him? What about this?
Speaker 5: What are their real names?
Speaker 1: No clue?
Speaker 5: What with all the questions?
Speaker 1: You sound like my wife and start calling you B and c old ball and chain.
Speaker 5: Careful they'll start calling you that. I don't want that.
Speaker 6: Actually, we do have a guy with a normal name that's Ryan.
Speaker 1: Oh, he seems like real names. Kevin, am I allowed to ask why now if.
Speaker 6: The meaning was lost in translation many years ago.
Speaker 1: He does, But we'll have to talk about that in the truck. Oh now, grab on my shirt.
Speaker 2: You're gonna follow me around all day and hold my stuff like a tackle box.
Speaker 5: Hey, the new guy is tackle box? Say ahi, he might new guy?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, yes, sir. Also we'll be we'll be hanging out with Rabbi Hughes. Uh here in the second hour, Corey, he's back on the show, and uh.
Speaker 1: Where did it go? Oh?
Speaker 2: You know how sometimes like the uh, the.
Speaker 1: Pranksters get away. I don't know how. I'm not sure how these people actually got to.
Speaker 2: Pelosi's office. I'm not sure who Zach Faust is even. I just saw the clip this morning and I was like, well, this looks uh.
Speaker 1: Right. But they.
Speaker 2: Show up at Nancy Pelosi's office to present an award.
Speaker 9: I think, Oh, yeah, you can't insire trade either, are you.
Speaker 1: We'd email.
Speaker 9: We came all the way from Milwaukee to present different people with awards. It's such a remarkable award. We think about people that have been public servants for a long time, like what since nineteen eighty seven, We're getting a Lifetime Achievement Award in trading. The return she's gotten better than hedgehones for so many years is so remarkable. And it's like to do that as a public servant, it's like you're working overtime for us, the Americans.
Speaker 1: So recording is it?
Speaker 9: Well, insider trading isn't allowed either, So Nancy, this one big shot out man for you.
Speaker 1: Nancy is a great So we're gonna do the numbers, guys.
Speaker 9: So she came into Congress at nineteen eighty seven worth three million bucks.
Speaker 1: Worth now three hundred seventeen million.
Speaker 2: I think there's office.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, you can't insire trade either.
Speaker 1: This is not okay. Whatever you have to the.
Speaker 9: That's fine, fine, fuck Like he doesn't know any thoughts.
Speaker 1: So you.
Speaker 5: Review this page that.
Speaker 1: He's been. That's right, that's the day.
Speaker 5: That's not her.
Speaker 1: Folks are comic excuse you'll hear from.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Oh it that just.
Speaker 2: Really knows how to play the market. Nan has nothing to do with that.
Speaker 6: Which one of them in that video is tackle box. I'm trying to keep score.
Speaker 2: I think, uh, I think the chick with the like nineteen sixties Bob that like ran away. I think that's tackle Box clearly new guy.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm with the dude who.
Speaker 2: Who was out there, you know, giving him the rundown down. That might have been Ryan.
Speaker 5: I love people, you know what. I love people, Walter White, Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I love people that like have to come out and do the whole. You can't tape your explanation like that is one of the most common things on the internet, is the whole you can't tape your deal. I love those people. They always are like wrong, It's hilarious to me.
Speaker 5: You can't film here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually it turns out I can film here. Yeah, okay, okay, Well you can't insider trade either. That's Paul. Paul's hammered. Well so is Nancy. It's just different kinds of hammering going on.
Speaker 6: And as soon as dementia, yeah, and as soon as dementia sits in, you won't be able to put them on trial or impeach them anyway.
Speaker 5: So there you go. It's the way it.
Speaker 1: Goes, right, right, Oh man, maybe that's it.
Speaker 2: See hypothetically, in a video game, it would be hilarious if the list of what drugs Congress is on got released to the public. From their pharmacists at any rate, personal private doctors, all of it, all of it. That would be wild, That would be nifty. Yeah, might explain some things because if we had the opportunity, well yeah, if we had the opportunity to take a look at just exactly what our leadership needed to take and what for.
Speaker 1: Golly, that'd be informative.
Speaker 2: It might go a long way for people to understand why Congress is the public relations firm for the oligarchy and that they're where they are currently, especially the high ranking ones, because they know how to serve.
Speaker 1: Their bosses, right, right.
Speaker 6: But but what they do is they dabble in public service as opposed to actually serving the public, which, sorry, gives me the segue to ask you if you kept up with the dabble verse this weekend.
Speaker 2: I saw that I saw that your boys stuttering John the former boy, a long time, long time Howard Stern cast member, which is ridden Howard's coattails now for longer than he was on the show by far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy's been yeah, a little little boo.
Speaker 6: This guy's been riding that sack almost as long as I've been smoking, and that's forty years. Boys, So you know what I mean, it's a bit much, but yeah, broke his arm.
Speaker 1: Oh you had a little boom boo.
Speaker 5: Broke his arm, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which I think I think he's lying about.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: The conspiracy theories on this are fun, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: I think I think the strangest risk he rh.
Speaker 2: Hesitation, Adam Bush goes now they're dead, right right.
Speaker 6: Also the theories that are spawning from the extra bruising on his arm or cracking me up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, old man fall I mean he could have genuinely had a motorcycle accident too. He could have, but he could also be old man falling regularly.
Speaker 1: Let's see the working theory.
Speaker 2: Right when he's like, oh, look it's eight o'clock and I just had my first drink.
Speaker 1: Then at the same time he's like, no, I'm not even waking up till four four thirty and yef.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's like, well, you've been awake for like ten minutes and you're knocking him down on camera, right exact body, and we all know, we all all know that when he's like, this is my first it's the.
Speaker 1: First one you're having on camera exactly, that's what you mean.
Speaker 5: John exactly.
Speaker 1: But the other first one you're having on camera.
Speaker 5: But I offer you a different theory.
Speaker 6: I offer you a different theory outside of the old man fall, which is highly possible and you could.
Speaker 5: Put your money on that.
Speaker 6: But if you were to put your money somewhere else and you want the outsider bet, telling you right now, that looks to me more like a bookie injury. You know, I'm just saying that's what it looks like. Because it's all the way the whole arm is involved in this thing. That's that's pretty rough man, you know, I mean just saying, you know, I mean, but with the alcoholism and yeah, it could be dead cats laying around your house and such. I mean, there's lots of possibilities for slipping fall just in general, especially because he says he has tile floors in some of the place.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: But yeah, no, that was great. That was great.
Speaker 6: But did you see the Overnight horror show from Pat Dixon?
Speaker 2: I did not, No, I have, In fact, I haven't checked that show out yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I have no problem with Pad Dixon.
Speaker 6: Yeah you will once you try and hear him. You will have a problem with him. Once you try and hear him sing, and I mean, or hear him try and sing, why do I put those words in? Or I'm not sure, could be multiple choice. It is rough him doing cover tunes and weird stuff with somebody else who's totally out of sync with him. I mean, like I'm in his chat going, am I having a stroke? Because nothing makes sense? And he's doing like the Doors and I don't know, maybe he did radio read it's all mixed up, and he's doing requests at like three o'clock.
Speaker 5: In the morning.
Speaker 6: Oh god, yeah, I mean I can't sleep sometimes, so it happens.
Speaker 1: But I highly dislike both of those bands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, imagine an old man.
Speaker 6: Imagine old man butchering them with a cassio and somebody trying to run MIDI files behind him that vaguely resembled the damn song.
Speaker 5: Okay, it gets even worse.
Speaker 6: He's not gonna get a copyright strike because it ain't even close.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, that's uh, that's terrible. Yeah, it's not great at all.
Speaker 5: It's real bad.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 10: This however, little little Church Bell Action, Uh not that not Pat Dixon doing horrible cover tunes.
Speaker 6: He yeah, oh yeah, I love that.
Speaker 5: That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Rock that whoever's idea that was, I congratulation.
Speaker 5: It's mad. I love it, dude, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 6: Look I have to I have to give mad respect to whoever came up with that idea. That is absolute gold man, that that is what the world needs right there.
Speaker 5: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, no, beautiful.
Speaker 2: The first time I saw that, I send it to six immediately.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I've been.
Speaker 2: Meaning to pull it up on the show too, and just haven't freaking either forgot or haven't worked it in or whatever. But yeah, so much fucking fun. I love shit like that.
Speaker 6: Like, I'm only upset that the whole song wasn't played. I wanted to hear the stop. I wanted to hear you know, the cuts in the middle, right, I mean, Oh, Ace of Spades is a masterpiece, and they actually added to it.
Speaker 5: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Let's see if there's any.
Speaker 2: Like full length of it, because I was fifty nine seconds.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there is a.
Speaker 2: A three a full three minute clip.
Speaker 1: I'll drop that in the the chats. You guys want to check that out later.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm gonna have to find that too. Yes, yes, there you go. By the way, dropped it in the private. For the record, I collect aces of Spades. I have over thirteen hundred of them, separate unique aces of spades from dex of cards. So I mean literally, that's one of the things that I appreciate in life, is that card and that song so beg.
Speaker 2: Meg Yeah yeah, but yeah, the full length is there and the private chet.
Speaker 1: Dope Dude is dope. I love that shit. It makes me happy.
Speaker 2: Because there's far too much fucking ridiculous bullshit going on. Like, for example, I saw on Instagram this morning, you know Mark Maren, right, dog back comedian.
Speaker 6: WTF podcast, super ultra liberal, way too much in his own head. Although I got to give credit to him for doing the whole dementia thing with his dad on stage.
Speaker 5: I appreciated that. But outside of that, he's not my favorite comedian. But he's highly successful.
Speaker 1: Yes he is, due I saw this. He's maybe because of his dad or something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know one person who can answer the question, though, and he's here with us this morning, and that is an author, podcast host and my uh my podcast co host. When we do UFC commentary on Wheezy's channel uh if we ever do that.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't know Wheezy's heads up possessed a little bit.
Speaker 2: Uh, But yeah, I saw that Mark Maren is going to be taking part of something for the Divided Sky Foundation.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: As the guy who can answer this question is is mister Corey Hughes, Because Mark Maren will be hanging out with uh with one of Corey's favorite individuals, Trey Anastasio.
Speaker 4: Trey's great, but you know, Fish is one of them things that they're they're they're they're better together. The synergy is there, and individually they kind of aren't all that great. So that's kind of how I feel about that.
Speaker 5: But I.
Speaker 4: Didn't know that out of all time.
Speaker 1: That's debatable.
Speaker 2: But I mean, Mark Maren definitely needs friends. He certainly lost plenty in the comedy world over the last like six to eight months, so maybe he's branching out, probably gets along with Trey, yeah, and is now trying to ingratiate himself more in various musical communities because again, he's got a real short list of comedians who don't immediately leave the room when he walks in it.
Speaker 4: Nice So Chrispy thirteen tab is greater than Fish. I don't know what you're talking about you're crazy Treyslohan, Cia Clone. So I've been slacking on my fish shows lately. I didn't go to Boulder last year. I'll be going to Dix this year. And then right after Dix, I got to hop to San Antonio to go see Iron Maiden, Anthrax and Meg Death Dan. Yes, that's gonna be a that's gonna be a wild show. See, I'm going to see all these bands who aren't going to be around much longer. If you've been around my years and you're a band, I'm probably gonna go see you because you're gonna die to them.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Well a lot of those guys that I enjoy come through for Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival every year, and that's a free show.
Speaker 6: I can.
Speaker 1: Check that out.
Speaker 2: It's always fun because you do either saw Hazel Dickens, who was absolutely if I can you know bluegrass legend back in the day, And yeah, they're all at John Prian saw a bunch before he passed away. Emmy Loup Hartt like all these people and yeah we Shoreline, what are yeah, what are tickets to that show at Shoreline?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 1: We don't need to make that part of the show. But that's cool, man, will be fun as ship enjoy it.
Speaker 4: He Yeah, so, gentlemen, I appreciate you letting me come on with you this morning. Morning Chuck, Good morning Corey.
Speaker 6: It's gotten nothing to do with me though. That's that's all Steve's call. I'm just the the extra appendage on Mondays that keeps hanging out for as long as I can.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 4: So, me and you did a show together once, but morally in a bunch of guys, but we've never actually had a conversation.
Speaker 5: Well, here's here's my question.
Speaker 4: Thank you for entertaining me this morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have a weird question.
Speaker 6: Actually, were you the guy that started screaming at me during that or was that somebody else?
Speaker 5: Because that was the end of it time.
Speaker 4: Well, I might have been interpreted that way, but I don't. I don't. I don't scream at people to their face. Very often. I get a little excited when I talk Kennedy because well, you're you're a critic of the Kennedy research world, and so am I. So we have that in common. But it's amost it's a very frustrating space to exist in, especially I think I screamed at you. I don't have any reason to.
Speaker 6: Well, especially when we're on the blacklist, because all I did is try to ask a question, and I don't. I thought it might have been you that decided to just start screaming at me that the community won't listen to me, and I'm like, I'm not part of the community. I'm trying to ask you a question. I realized I.
Speaker 5: Was the MC for Landswers like Coy.
Speaker 6: But but I tried to do that and I was just like, I'm bouncing on this. Morley tried to, like, you know, reason with whoever it was it was screaming.
Speaker 4: You don't remember that, Uh well it was probably me, but I don't remember screaming at all. But morally is a so god damn Morley man. He's been doing this for how and that guy couldn't investigate his way out of a paper bag. He's the most prus I'm convinced that guy's a spook. Guy went to Yale, he worked for Salon. Now he's with the Mary Farrell Foundation. I mean, give me a break, this guy is probably a spook. Well, Mary is Everything that guy talks about is like he's the master of stating the obvious.
Speaker 6: Because he's now become gatekeeper. He has been placed into a position where he's part of the controlled opposition, and you know, that was not where he was at a few years ago when he was suing the CIA. And of course, you know, Brett Kavanaugh is the last guy who killed his case right and right before joining the Supreme Court. A lot of people don't want to recognize that fact, but that was part of the equation. And then the next thing, you know, he's you know, buddying up to Luna over there, who, by the way, the people that think she's a hero, you're being lied to because what she's doing is trying to minimize damage. That's what's going on over there. And even though people don't seem to understand what that you know, committee can actually do, the fact is she's not doing what she could do. You know, they're not going to be able to launch a new investigation into any of the things they brought up, but they're trying to throw enough smoke so that the general public believes that finally the Trump administration gave us all the stuff that they.
Speaker 5: Could, which is a lie.
Speaker 6: And the reason why I know it's a lie is because I spent, you know, over thirty years investing my time into it, and I'm kind of on your side. That's why I was like offended by somebody yelling at me that I'm part of the community and this, and that I've been blacklisted three times now and now even after Lancer was supposedly going into new