Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I'm joined right now by a man that we met last year at Dodgers Stadium, and he was the Dodgers Minor League pitcher of the Year. And you would think being the minor league pitcher of the year, he would have a real locker, But not so for Jackson Ferris. He's got one of these fold out lockers in the middle of the clubhouse, hiding behind it every morning.
Speaker 2: Jackson, thanks a lot for the time. Great to see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great to see you. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: What do you think about this locker situation.
Speaker 4: I'm just happy to be here, honestly, it doesn't matter what locker to be honest Yeah.
Speaker 1: After the year you had being traded over to the Dodgers and now being in your first big league camp, what's been the experience?
Speaker 4: Like, it's been good, you know, being a big league camp now, just trying to learn from all these guys, getting the routine down, getting like learning from them how like a long year goes, and just how to stay healthy through out a long year. Because I mean, I'm hoping at some point that this year, next year, whenever, that I can be up there and hopefully playing in October with all these guys, and.
Speaker 1: It feels like all of you guys that are coming up through the organization have a real tight bond. Have you fit in quickly with your new teammates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, Like I mean, getting to know these guys, the minor league guys, everybody, it's been a lot of fun. So I mean just learning from them, learning from the older guys, and then everybody just having fun at the same time.
Speaker 2: What was your off season like to prepare for this, for the next step?
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't really do anything different, just kind of went back home to North Carolina, did everything that I've been doing.
Speaker 3: It's kind of been working for me the last few years.
Speaker 4: Didn't want to change anything up and just kind of like do my routine, get the weight room stuff down, pack, get a little bit stronger, and then just come out here.
Speaker 3: Ready.
Speaker 1: We always hear about the Dodgers and developing pitching in the minor leagues. You've been with two different You've been with another organization before coming to the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: What is the secret sauce? For a lack of better term.
Speaker 4: I just feel like all the coaches here they're confident in what they what they say, and what they believe in terms of like, hey, we're not like, yeah, we might screw up whatever, but like we'll be able to fix whatever happens, whatever goes wrong, But like at the same time, they're confident that they're right whenever they give you a coaching suggestion.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: Jackson ferriss is our guest, had a first pitch at camel Back Ranch, and Jackson, I don't know if you could see beyond this locker and this post right here, but there's some pretty good pitchers on the other side of that clubhouse. Have you had a chance to watch them and just see how they do things?
Speaker 4: Yeah, made it kind of a priority to go out there every time any of these guys are throwing out there to make sure I get out there and just kind of see how they go about their routine before before they throw their routine in the weight room, and just kind of watch them. I mean, they've been doing it for a lot longer than me, and clearly they they're doing it well. So I mean, can learn something from everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Snell seems to be a guy that wants to coach up the younger guys. Has he talked to you have you guys had any interactions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have.
Speaker 4: I feel like just kind of like me getting my feet way, you know, like I'm still learning from like myself, you know, like getting out here and like I'm trying to take everything I want right now, and then as I get going, you know, like ask these guys questions about like what they what they feel about when they like are in a bullpen, pregame, bullpen, aer out in the game as they as they're getting going too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, Jackson Ferris since from North Carolina, Bob Kats.
Speaker 2: Duke UNC.
Speaker 1: Where does Jackson Ferris landa in the Carolina Basketball Wars?
Speaker 4: I'm a Notre Dame fan and then I'm a Boston sports fan, so Celtics.
Speaker 3: Patriots, everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did that happen?
Speaker 4: Might A's from just outside of Boston and we just kind of always grew up watching Notre Dame, so yeah, it's just kind of always been the team.
Speaker 3: For us to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good Bowl season for Notre Dame.
Speaker 4: It was it wasn't the result that we wanted at the end, but like it was good to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Wow, you threw me a curveball. Right there, Jackson Farris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just kind of who we grew up watching. Yeah, all right, well cool.
Speaker 1: Great to share you with the Dodger fans and look forward to seeing you again, not only in a suit at Dodgers Stadium, but pitching at Dodger Stadium one day soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, that's always the goal.
Speaker 2: It is. Thanks a lot for the time, Thank you for having me.