Speaker 1: When you're ready to double down, dive in, try for a show and not look back. Roll into Pearl River Resort. From tea times to table games, water slides by day, slots by night. Savor the flavors, fuel the fid with big Let's roll into Pearl River Resot must be twenty what order to play?
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called Wonny Hunter Gimbler. Check out the podcast Missing Link Jones County. It is a podcast that reveals information gathered by Investigator bad Windom of the Jones County Sheriff Department. These cases will be discussed or based on Wyndham's own investigations and knowledge of each case. So join host Josh Guru Nichols and Jack Fairchild's as they discuss these cases bi weekly with investigator Wendom. This show was brought to you by the Laurel Leader Call and it is on all the major podcatchers such as iTunes, I Heart Radio, Spotify, Spreaker, Amazon Music. So like and subscribe to the podcast today. This show is a part of the Midnight Ride Network. Sam with your Name?
Speaker 3: How is this hand?
Speaker 4: A statue?
Speaker 1: Is t chick in.
Speaker 5: Tennis?
Speaker 6: Gonna be?
Speaker 4: Will you him out of the freedom starting a fell and it will be like the whole man.
Speaker 3: This rain and down.
Speaker 2: Broughtie courtesy and wild and blue.
Speaker 5: Liberals be worn.
Speaker 1: Your viewpoints will be subjected to straight scrutiny.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Right Side Radio.
Speaker 4: It's like my eyes to be blown wide.
Speaker 1: We have come together here because the American people deserve better from those to whom they entrust, our nation's highest officers.
Speaker 5: We stand united and our.
Speaker 4: All to do something about it, which whether we like it or not. Spell's judy, You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. You tuned into right Side Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, you have found that it is the right Side Radio show. Here we are. This intro at least is being recorded on Wednesday, September the twenty fourth, But the show in question, the bulk of it, was recorded this previous Sunday, September the twenty first. I believe it was so. September the twenty first was when we recorded the bulk of this interview. If you've not already watched the latest episode of Chris McDaniel's America, then you may have missed that we changed things up a little bit. I have been trying to schedule time in Chris's busy schedule to have him back on the right Side and do an interview. Well, we decided we would do that interview on Chris McDaniels America and then we would release it again in audio only format on the Right Side as this week's episode. So thank you to Chris for agreeing to the interview. We sit down and we have a discussion. Of course, what you'll hear at the start, you'll hear Chris bring us in, and you'll hear Chris do the traditional opening to Chris McDaniels America, and everything that follows this quick little introduction here will sound more like a traditional Chris McDaniels America episode. But I am excited to finally get this interview and sit down with him. I talked to him about the Charlie Kirk assassination. I talk with him about his future and a lot of other stuff in between. So folks get ready enjoy as I have an interview here with Chris McDaniel.
Speaker 4: Welcome to another episode of Chris mcdanel's America here on the Midnight Ride Network. You're home of the anti establishment movement in this country. With me as always, Jack Fair child's Jack. How do you do?
Speaker 2: I'm dooing all right, Chris, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good. I missed last week's episode. Work had me, you know, completely covered, but I'm happy to be back. The shame of it is, I've missed so many good and tragic events that we could have discussed, and so today I think we'll handle some of that with an over and arching theme to this video, this over arching theme to this show. It's been recognized, I think by most rational humans that America appears to be unraveling. If not unraveling, certainly we are at eyes with one another, neighbor against neighbor, division, religion, sociology, philosophy, everything seems to be an eyes. So we find ourselves in a dangerous moment in this country's history. Certainly it seems, you know, you always read about this build up to eighteen sixty one and how the country was so divided, and it was divided, and it caused a significant war in eighteen sixty one. But you know, even that division, we had more in common than divided us. You can't see that this time. And I'm not suggesting there's going to be some civil war or some breakout of violence, and no one wants to see that anyway. I'm just suggesting that if there was ever a moment around history that we need to really be introspective about our direction and where we are as a people. This is probably yet violence of people and no real cohesion. Seems we don't have a lot in common with our friends or enemies, as the case may be on the other side of the political aisle. I hate to use that word so flippantly, but it just feels like we're at that point. And so the question today is BEGT is liberty the problem or is it the solution? As we discussed this today, we're going to invert things, change things up just a bit because since I missed last week, Jack was thinking and he would interview me on these subjects. So instead of me reading the news and giving an opinion on the news, Jack's gonna ask me questions about the news, and we're going to comment on it and talk about it as rationally as we can. What you'll get today from me is an opinion, not so much a news oriented hit piece, but the way I see patterns, the way I see the world, the way I see this country falling to pieces, and what can be done to save it, because I do believe there are ways we can save it. It may be unconventional to what you're accustomed to, it may change the way we all have been thinking about government in our lives, but I do believe there's a way to save it. So Jack, I'm gonna turn it over to you. Ask the questions as you see fit, and remember as we come back toward the end of the show today, the answer is can we save it? That's the question toward the end of the show. Okay, what do you have?
Speaker 2: Well, Chris, you know, first off, thanks for this. This is something you and I've talked about for a while. Doing this will probably be the same. We'll probably use this episode for the Right Side later this week as well, and I appreciate you your openness to being an interview, especially on your own show. So first, you know, again, you were out last week when the big news Charlie Kirk's assassination dropped. Tell me what you were thinking when you heard the news, Where were you when you heard the news, and just just kind of walk us through that moment when you've heard about a political assassination on.
Speaker 4: An airplane flying across the country, I would like to say that I found it shocking, and it was shocking in its orientation, but it wasn't surprising. You know, I've been in politics now for a long time, and I've made some very controversial speeches and says some very controversial things in my attempt to write the show, to do what I could to make a difference in this country. And I have had death threats on many occasions. I've had security, private security on many occasions. So I know the violence is out there. I know the threats are out there. I always saw it as a possible thing that could happen to me or or someone else that's speaking their mind. Of course, Charlie Kirk had really grown his audience and grown his popularity to such an extent that he probably attracted an even more extreme element to hate him. Sometimes I think that's hard to believe my emails. Goodness gracious, there's so much violence and evil out there in the world. But I remember thinking through it. Whenever security was around me, the threat that we always perceived would be a close proximity of threat. You know, no one ever thinks about a high powered rifle. So there was a lot of criticism of his security. But never, at my point in any of our events did we ever think about a long rifle shot. It was always a short pistol, a knife, a physical assault, or something of that nature. And so when it happened, I was shocked like everybody else. But you also know that this population, as angry as they are, especially the Left, that they're going to be prone from time to time to take out their frustrations on people. And this time they did it violently. It doesn't surprise me they would act that way. It seems part and partial of what their philosophy always has been. If they don't get their way, if they disagree, they immediately dehumanize their opposition. Have you noticed that. Absolutely, It's never a give and take a quick pro quote. There's never any real conversation with the left. It's if you don't believe like I believe, then you're horrible. If you don't believe like I believe, then you must be censored, you must be in this sense assassinated, killed. And again, the elements within that party and within that philosophy, they've always been violent. You go all the way back to any socialist inspired movement in the history of the world, and yes, fascism and socialism are close cousins. We've talked about that we have. Let's not pretend these ideologies don't have so much in common. They both subvert the individual, they both dehumanize their opposition, and they both find ways to use violence to suppress dissent. Both right, that's the history of socialism, it's the history of fascism. We saw it played out just a few days ago with CHARTERI Kirk's assassination. So I watched it, like most of the America, I was very upset. I've known Charlie. I've talked to him multiple times in my life. We weren't friends, but we were political acquaintances, right, And I didn't always agree with some of the things he said, but he was a conservative, and I valued the things he was saying because notin ety nine percent of the time, he seemed to be on the right side of the issues.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: He probably felt the same thing about me. He probably thought, Man, I don't agree with everything he's saying, but not nine percent of the time he seems to be right on the issues. So the assassination occurs. When I first saw the video footage, you knew I mean, for goodness. Yeah, what a disgusting act of violence. And I was praying on the plane, thinking on the plane that maybe, you know, maybe he would survive.
Speaker 2: Maybe we didn't. It wasn't as bad as what we thought it was.
Speaker 4: But you knew, you knew. And so those few minutes turned into an hour or so, and then we finally got the reports that he had passed from President Trump. And at that time I really felt like that was a pivotal moment, not so much because it was Charlie Kirk, but because there used to be a time when liberal ideology was very careful about the way it spoke. I think it always harbored violent feelings, but it never quite would act on it. It would always you think about this phrase, there was a time when liberals did not like to be called socialist. Now they're openly socialists al to be called socialists. So they've moved so far to the left at least now it seems we're starting to see the real people right behind the curtain. And I remember thinking, wow, this is going to be in pardon the Pine. But it is a turning point. It's not because this organization was the turning point, or whatever the case. May be people saw this, as I think in many instances, as the final nail in Old America, our ability to be friends across political aisles, our ability to discuss things without violence and provocation. And I think maybe this was that moment that ended that. The question socially is and culturally is will it continue? Will it make us better in the long run? Will it ultimately be the one weapon against our riots that we were always afraid of. We're on that later, and whether or not we as a country can figure out a way to get rid of political violence once and for all. It was disgusting, one of the worst things I've ever seen, But it was even worse to watch those knuckleheads celebrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and again I want to get into the celebration, But I have to ask, Chris, because you've had threats made on you, does this give you pause to want to speak out, to be the Chris McDaniel that we've seen, will go anywhere, speak to anyone.
Speaker 4: No, No, you know, Look, I just I don't have a spirit of fear, and I never have. Some people may say that's crazy, but there's not a chance in this water. I'm going to stop doing what I'm doing not a chance. I don't fear. I don't go into these things for trepidation. I'm strong, I know what I I believe. I'm gonna speak my mind. And what happened. Going back to celebration, I say, because I think that's super important. What kind of personality? What kind of evil do you harbor when you celebrate someone's assassination. You may disagree one hundred percent with what that person believes, but what about common humanity? What about just the idea that you know that that guy has a mom and a dad, and and and children and a wife, the idea that you can move past just that bitterish just for a second. And here's what's crazy. The celebration wasn't isolated. There's a what's the name of that organization, There's a there's a there's a Twitter or an ex for liberals, blue Sky, Blue Sky, you know, you go over there and those people are literally celebrating out loud, and more importantly, have a list of other names. They would like to see this kind of thing happen too. And I think that is one of the primary differences between us and them, is that we don't have that type of violent sentiment that runs through our entire movement. We may have outliers in the conservative movement that are prone to acts of violence, but it seems to be much more prevalent in the left. And I hate to use this example, but it's a comparison between Christianity and Islam. You know, Christianity may have elements of violence within it in smaller numbers, much more so than than Islam does. It's like something becomes so detached and so certain of their way that they'll do anything to maintain superiority. And that strikes me as the liberals and this socialist ideology have in common with this more radical Islamic movement. But that struck me as well. Who celebrates the death of somebody I would never do You would ever do it. No common decent human being that I know, and I know a lot of people would have ever celebrated the death of any number of liberals or socialists on the other side of the equation. We would have been terrified, yeah, horrified at the act, horrified that one of ours could have done it, and we would have condemned it. And I keep seeing the liberals say, you know, there was that assassination of the Minnesota representative. But conservative did condemn that.
Speaker 2: They absolutely didn't.
Speaker 4: See a single person celebrate that.
Speaker 2: Did you know it didn't happen.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it. I looked because I was alarmed by that as well. Anytime you walk up with somebody and shoot them because of a belief system, you don't belong in this country. But hey, isn't that an extension of the suppression of free speech? Were already see them by these people.
Speaker 2: It is let me think about it.
Speaker 4: You don't tow their line. They consider you to be evil, you to do what they say, They want to silence you. It's whether it's speech codes on college campuses or hate codes in the law. It's always a power struggle with these people. And whereas conservatives try to convince people that they're correct, liberals always use the force of government to do so. That's what makes them particularly dangerous.
Speaker 2: Well, Chris, part of the problem we we see is this dehumanization that in the media definitely plays a part in it. Again, you can't just Charlie Kirk was called a racist, even though I've watched several of his vehicles videos have not seen him to be a racist. He has called multiple names, and all he was was a guy that wanted to invite debate. He wanted to sit down with the other side have that conversation, and apparently having an active debate with people, especially if you're good at it, it's one where their left decides that they have to dehumanize you. And the media played a huge part in this. If you remember, after Donald Trump's first the first assassination attempt on Donald Trump, they said, we got to dial back the rhetoric that last me, Chris, what about a week?
Speaker 4: Well, let's not remember Barack Obama, and he was an excellent speaker. Arter there be a lot of times that he would say, let's dogged on the rhetoric, and then a week later he would up, Yeah, he's one of those guys. He just throws a grenade into a room and then he tries to escape before it explodes, and this blame somebody for the explosion. It's the same way with the American left. So one of the great dangers I think we see right now in all of this is that we can't and we shouldn't put too much emphasis on a single individual. It's much more widespread than that. Not only our ability to communicate the message, but the ability to understand that everybody now potentially is at risk if you have a message, and if we focus solely on the Trumps of the world or the Kirks of the world and the things that have happened to them, we sometimes lose track of the message that they were expressing that caused or at least was the cause of the violent event that occurred. So you see this race now to commemorate Kurt. Nothing wrong with that, But at the same time, what does that mean in the overall ski of the movement. You can build a monument to a man, but if you keep your mouth shut, you've done nothing. Yep, you can celebrate a holiday for a person, but if you keep your mouth shut, you've done nothing. And that's one of the things that I've seen that's really been concerning about all of this. Think about the establishment GOP, and I'm talking about those old school boys that have been sitting there for fifty years watching the left growth, watching them dominate the culture, watching them dominate the government, and have done nothing to stop the American Left. But think about that. You know who they are. The reason the American left is flexing is because we allow them to flex absolutely all these years of being passive country club Republicans, and you know who you are. You don't have a principal bone or a backbone in your body. You'll do anything for a dollar, you'll cut any backroom deal. And you've allowed the left to exert their will on Washington and state capitals all over this country. And now you're rushing to build monuments to Charlie Kirk. Where's your responsibility in all of this because you didn't hold the line when you had a chance to hold the line. We thank god for folks like Charlie Kirk because they were speaking truth to power. And yet the establishment GOP has never spoke truth to power. So we're happy when Trump comes along. We're happy when Kirk comes along because they actually say things that matter. But we never should have let it get to this point in the first place. Had we held the line in the nineties, in the two thousands, have we held the line in twenty fourteen, whatever the case may be. When you find strong conservatives electum and quit playing paddy cake with the establishment GOP, then you'll start making some moves that really benefit everybody. But here we are again the entire establishment, rushing to the vigils and rushing to the speeches like they've always been there with him. He was great because he wasn't like them, he men. He was great because he had the courage to speak things they wouldn't speak. He was great because he would talk about his faith. He would talk call this rigid concern to believe. Meanwhile, they're making backroom deals behind his back and undercutting them every chance they got. Right, So where are we now? Are we going to hold a vigil and let the same established my GOP cats come in there and speak and take credit or not really credit, but they show you how sorry they were, when in fact, a lot of this not the assassination the government as a whole. The growth of the government as a whole falls on their shoulders. So I'm concerned about how all this transpires henceforth. Charlie Kirk's a good man, has a good family. He needs to be honored because of that. But we also find honor and action. I hope that makes sense to people out there. You can't just go to a vigil and then not vote during the next election. You can't just post some cool things on Facebook and then not support conservative candidates in the next election. And how often have we seen that? Think about it?
Speaker 2: Far too often.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Chris, go on and jump out there, man, I got you back. Then you call them you want to knock some doors. Oh, I'm too busy to knocked doors. Can I get one hundred dollars? Oh? I wish I could help you. Oh, but they'll go to a vigil. You see the problem action? And you and I have been talking about action for twenty years. What will you do now that the devil is steering you right in the face. That's the question, and they are.
Speaker 2: And that leads to me and to my next question. Chris, do you think this is a wake up call for conservatives? Let me think this is the line in the sand. Well, they will get involved in.
Speaker 4: You would think something would eventually tipt the dominoes over. I mean, think about it. It's not our loss of liberty. It's not a thirty six trillion dollar national Dad. It's not the fact that we can't speak our minds in our schools or pray to our God. It's not the fact that we get ridiculed everywhere we go. I don't know what it's going to take. Maybe maybe this is this is something that's needed to make sure the conservatives wake up. But it should have never come to this in the first place. It was an evil act done by evil people, and goodness gracious, what do we do now. I'm only asking people to not to fight physically, forget all that. I'm talking about fighting politically and rediscovering your conservative base, rediscovering those impulses and make this country great in the first place, American institutions and traditions and faith and community and small government and liberty. And that leads me to my next question. While I'm complaining, we can't hate the liberals so much that we ignore the Constitution. What hold on, I'm getting to it. Let's say, let's put it another way. You can't hate them so much more than you love the Constitution. You gotta love the constitution first. And what does that mean in practice? You can't curtil their liberties? Yep. You got to respect their choices up to a certain point, can't, don't you you do? I heard an alarming comment a few days ago, and thank god it's been it's been corrected because Poum Bondi indicated.
Speaker 2: I remember, we're not going.
Speaker 4: After hate speech. But she did correct that. I thought that was a really you know why move on her part. Yeah, but the problem about going after hate speech is is that that's protected speech. You say, how's that possible? Well, hate speech is subjective, and who decides.
Speaker 2: That's that's my fear. Who does decide?
Speaker 4: Do you want Barack Obama deciding what hate speech is? No, do you want AOC demanding or deciding what hate speech is? Because if AOC demands what hate speech is, we're cooked.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a different definition than what we believe.
Speaker 4: You're going straight to jail at that point. So remember, hate speech is protected speech. The speech that's not protected is speech that it cites insights, immediate violence, or immediate physical threats. That's different than hate speech. So Bondi did clarify that's what she was talking about. But when she first said it, I said, oh, no, here we go, here we go. We're starting to hate the liberals more than we love the constitution, right, And I get you got to push back, but it has to be done with respect to liberty and individual freedom, consistent with our charter, because one day we may not hold the power with that federal government, and if you create this bad precedent, they're going to come back to harness with it. Am I right?
Speaker 2: You're one hundred percent right, Chris. And it is part of what makes everything that's going on right now extremely frightening, not just because you could be shot merely for engaging in debate, but also because if there is a gross overreaction, then we could lose potential rights. And again I don't have to agree with the liberal but I should be willing to fight for their right to say whatever they want, because again, that is freedom of speech. We don't need to concede and give away because at some point we're not going to be the party in power.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not just with speech. Sometimes liberty is a very uncomfortable component. And part of what makes it uncomfortable is is that what's good for me may not be good for you, and vice versa. Yeah, and you find elements within both parties that try to control the other people and try to control the other party. From my perspective, if you're using force to control, coercion to control, big government to control, you're on the wrong side of his problem. You're on the wrong side of history. It doesn't matter if you're a leftist or a conservative, if you're using force on a fellow man to control them their thoughts, the behavior, their speech, their religion, whatever the case may be, you may claim you know better, you may claim you did it for the right purposes. But America is not built on coersion or force. Heck, I thought we were built on a small government concept. And it's the very thing the left hates about us, because we do try to tell them from time to time that big government is not the answer. But let's not forget. Their whole movement is predicated on control, so they need big government to control. What we have to do is find ways to dismantle it so it's not so big, so it doesn't exercise quite so much control. And my fear is, if we're not careful, we're gonna let these terrifying, horrific moments put us in a position where we enlarge the government in power of the government, then that very tool will be used against us in the future generation. So you know, we've got to be careful about using the force of government to win these battles when we should be winning these battles on ideas alone. And here's the big news conservatism is now more mainstream than it was just a few weeks ago. I agree, because this happened, this tragic event occurred to him, this horrific event, and the people out there at least begin to wake up and say, you know what, our opposition is a little batty. Yeah, they are violent in some respects, and so that elevates the I think, the need to get something done more quickly. And so now people are talking about conservative ideas openly for the first time in some time, without shame, and that's a good place to be.
Speaker 2: Chris, before we go have to take a break, I do want to ask you again, remove the politicians that are there. But what does it say to see that many people turn out for a memorial service like that? Does that? Is that encouraging that maybe these folks.
Speaker 4: Only only to the extent they take the next that's my point, only they take the next step. You think about this. We put so much emphasis on a presidential election every four years. People will actually come out to vote for that, and then the votes that matter just as much, if not more, as it pertains to your life, your state government. No one wants to get involved, and that begs the question if you really want to turn things around. If this really is a turning point, then it's going to take more effort than attending a vigil. Because look, we've been really good at I'm not being critically, I promise, but I've been down and have watched from the beach these massive trump what do they call these things?
Speaker 2: Vote rallies?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and what do they do? All the votes go and they get the flags, and that's really neat, but it has never won an election. No, it's really cool. But all that manpower and money for the gasoline, money for the flags, if you chose the right candidate and back the right candidate for a US center position or a congressional position, you might be surprised how you can change this country. So those rallies are fun and they're important because there are places we can, you know, share camaraderie and share ideas and project those ideas. But it means nothing unless you take it to the streets, so to speak. Your local counselman matter, your sheriff matters, right, your supervisors matter. And you want to let conservatives across the board. I'm not talking about you know, Johnny come lucky lately, Republicans I'm talking about conservatives, you know, and trust I don't know why we can engage at that level. So you're right to see these visuals. I love it. What now, what do you do now? Do you go to the vigil and say, you know, that was a great visual, let's go back to work, or do you get to work on things that really matter to this country.
Speaker 2: That's the question, and that's that's always the concern because we see so many times where people something like this happens. They rally for a moment, but then when it matters like elections like you're talking about, they stay at home again, they or they just don't want to get involved for whatever reason. And it's now is the time to choose involvement. Now is the time again. If you believe in what Charlie Kirk was saying, if you believe in what he was fighting for, then you should be motivated to action, not just to be seen.
Speaker 4: He's a really good man, really good family, and I feel so terrible about what's happened to him and his mom and his dad, and his wife and his kids. And this will be a memory for us, It will be a stepping stone for our movement for a long, long time. But going back to my original point, what will you do now? I mean, look, I'm gonna know. I know I'm a pessimist. I get that. But we've seen not things quite like this. But we've seen people rally and then we've seen them quit. Yep, and they're already a little bit, then they'll quit. How far will you go? Right? How much you're willing to fight and really do something for a change. This is more than speeches. It's more than get togethers and cocktail parties. This is the call to action for the entire country if you value what's left of this country. And I pray for them, I pray for that family. I'm so sorry this all happened. But now what do we do? Yeah, and that's the real question.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And I think Chris, we're up on the break, so I'll take us out for a change. This is Chris McDaniel's America. I'm interviewing Chris today and when we get back, well, we may shift gears and we may finish up on this topic, but we got several more topics we want to cover with Chris today.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Chris McDaniel's America. Here on the Midnight Ride Network treat today. I think it is anyway, I am actually being interviewed by Jack as opposed to just talking about news as the case may be. So let's return to the scheduled programming and go from there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Chris and I did have one more question on this, Charlie kirksa fascination. As always when something like this happens, conspiracy theories run wild. You've seen them. You've seen multiple folks you know, tap into you know, maybe this is why he was shot, Maybe this is it. It almost seems like whatever the official story is, even if the official story is correct, there are people out there that just are never going to accept it and want to run with conspiracies. What are you making of some of the conspiracy theories that have been thrown out in this assassiny.
Speaker 4: No, I told you when we first started this show that I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories, and I'm gonna tell you why that is, Because if the proof is there, I can be convinced. Yeah, But more often than not, with conspiracy theories, there's no proof. It's speculation.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 4: And I guess my training in the law and my training because of my Dad, I told you years ago that I wasn't allowed to have an opinion or make an argument. Let's add sources. That's kind of a funny thing he always did. Fine, your position is great. I like the fact you've said it. Now, go get me two sources. I want to see exactly where you got this position. So this is the way I look at it. Humans and we're all the same in the sense that we don't know really how to calculate and understand tragedy. It's hard for us to really understand why these things occur. And what if I told you that the world is sometimes a very chaotic place. People don't like to assume that or to confess that. We believe because it makes us sleep better at night that there's a degree of control over things. You know, somebody will take care of it. You've probably heard that. We hear about all these disasters and we always think, well, somebody's going to take care of that. Somebody's going to handle that. The reality is the world and civilization and countries are very fragile things. We don't like to confess that. Secondly, when we see tragedy occur to someone as good and wholesome as Charlie Kirk. It dawns on us. Heck, we're all kind of at risk, right, and it Dawn's also give well, why couldn't they have stopped that? And it creates a cycle of uncertainty that we try to explain, to rationalize this tragic thing that we've seen. Sometimes the answer is really simple. Sometimes the answer is just as simple like a maniac kid with a high powered rifle shot somebody. Sometimes it's that simple. But if we can see that, it makes us feel even more insecure because we think, oh my god, if it's that simple, why couldn't they have stopped it? So our minds raised at the stage there must have been a conspiracy or they would have stopped it. It makes us feel better to walk down that path, to believe there must have been bigger forces at play, when most assassinations there are a lot of big forces at play. The great majority are just lunatics. Yeah, right, So we try to rationalize it. It makes us feel better. And immediately after this happened, I start getting tons of text.
Speaker 2: And emails I can imagine, and the emails.
Speaker 4: Run the gambit. This was a conspiracy involving Israel. I've seen in the evidence of that this is a conspiracy involving leftist radical groups that fall on money to this person. This money fundamental to theirst person, and I haven't seen any evidence of that. But here's why I thing happens. A to rationalize it, to make us all feel like maybe somebody really is in control when they're not. Or number two, maybe social media is just driving us all crazy. Hear large part to hear me out here. The loudest voices on social media get the most cliques, The more wild eyed the idea, the more clicks it gets. Don't think these commentators just sit there and don't speculate about how to get more views and how to get more clicks. And the answer has been, regrettably, say the craziest thing you can say, and once all the other people rush to the page, clicks equate to money. Right. It gives you that dopamine hit when you start seeing people like your post. It makes you feel special and privileged. How do you get there? Say something wacky, say something extreme, say something over the top. It's like talk radio was back in the day when you and I were on it. I could have been in some respects and part of the most boring radio host in the world. But if I say something crazy, everybody talked about it. It's like that now times a thousand, and so the first people they get heard quickly after something like this are the loudest people the conspiracy or any of people, and they say things and good people are confused, and then they share it, and now you've got this full fledged conspiracy. Now the reason I don't think there is in this case, and again people are hating on me right now because I'm saying I don't think there is. If you help evidence, send it, I'll read it. You probably can convince me. But I just have to see the evidence. Give us a conspiracy, facts, give me some facts. But if there is a conspiracy, aren't you implicating the entire state of Utah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Anybody thought about that. I mean, I realize I don't trust the FEDS. I don't think anybody should trust the FEDS. I haven't trusted the FEDS in like since you know, part of the seventeen hundreds, right, yeah, Utah. So all these conspiracies and all these Utah law enforcement officers that were on the ground that day, that have done the investigation that day, that have been with this person or had been researching this. Don't you think those individuals, had they sensed a broader conspiracy, would be yelling at the top of their lungs or we're not hearing it from Utau authorities now the Feds. I get nobody trust the Feds, but I'm pretty sure you can trust that local sheriff there in his deputies in Utah. So no, I don't think this is a widespread conspiracy. I think it was a lunatic, a madman who was evil. That's something else we don't like calling evil evil.
Speaker 2: No, we don't, so we.
Speaker 4: Try to explain it away. He was evil. He got radicalized somewhere, more than likely by a leftist. I know they're trying to fight that now they say there's no proof of that. Well, he didn't go there as a young Republican No, okay. So he was there from an ideological bend and he shot him because he was theology it seems the reason he probably did not share his ideology, which is why he was shot. So this guy was a radical leftist in my mind, No, a terrorist. Yeah, he did that to influence a civilian population or government in voke terror. He did it to him vote Tara, see what it is. He's evil, but we don't want to do that. It makes us feel bad. That's what that act was. It was an act of.
Speaker 2: Pure evil, absolutely, Chris, And you're talking about how rationalizing, and that's why I wanted to go there before. Of course, Jimmy Kimmel, late night talk show host, he's been suspended by ABC, potentially going to be canceled. Who knows what they ultimately do in this scenario. He basically was trying to somehow paint the shooter as MAGA influenced in a statement he made that was pretty idiotic. And it just seems to me that again, and it's not just Jimmy Kimmel, because we saw countless liberals, whether it was professors at All Miss or Middle Tennessee State or wherever they all were, all over the country. You saw comic book authors have their entire series canceled because of the hateful, nonsense stuff that they were saying in the wake of this assassination.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about that for a second, because you're bringing up the topic of council culture. Council culture, everybody's heard it by now, and we can't be ignorant to the fact that that council culture was not started by our side of the equation. We've always been the free speech side of the calculation. We've always believed in free expression. But universities and talk shows and even Twitter. You do realize President Trump was tossed off of a platform because of his viewpoints. Yeah, you do realize that conservative writers and authors were tossed. All are censored on platforms because of their viewpoints. So this council culture thing we didn't start. But now we're playing by your rules. And what occurs now is I'm not saying it's correct, are right, I'm just saying that you know, you reap the wind. Now you got to read the world wind, right, you saw on the wind. Now you got to read the world wind, which is what the liberals have done. So they go five six, seven years canceling things, taking image just off of a circle, I mean, everything they can imagine they canceled and tore down, right, and now they're wonder of why this is being kind of placed back in their lap. Well, here's let's go over that. As an initial matter. I believe in freedom of expression, even if I disagree with it. I want to be clear about that. And if government imposes a punishment as a result of your speech, that's absolutely wrong if government does it, because remember the First Amendment does it say what an employer has to do. It says what government must do. Yeah, does that make sense?
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 4: It's called state action. So until there's state the First Amendment's not really implicated. Let's just be clear about that. So these people that were working at this place or this place or that place and they lost their jobs. So you were at Dunkin Donuts and you posted something on your social media account about the assassination, and Duncan Donuts says, WHOA, you can't you got to go. There's no First Amendment violation there because there's no state action there. Okay, Now, if the government punishes you for speaking, that's different. However, there are some distinctions there. A university, for instance, that's supposed to be a welcoming, wholesome place and depends on people to sign up to the university, and a professor as says something completely out of line with university policy, then the university may very well can take action even though it's technically a government entity. The key here from a First Amendment expression is that the government can't punish you for speaking or take away rights for speaking. However, a lot of these folks that got fired, they weren't government employees. There were knuckleheads, and here's the way that works. They have every right to say what they say, but there are repercussions when you say stupid things. If I had an employee and they said something stupid like that, oh they're gone. They first amend the violation there. So part of me was really really happy to see these liberals now hunting for new jobs. It's maddening to me when you think about the way they phrase their positions. They think they should have freedom of speech. Okay, fine, but Charlie Kurk was killed because the freedom of speech us and you think you're a job to be protective. But his life shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Been Yeah, because you're celebrating it.
Speaker 4: What a weird position that is. But it goes to show how inhuman some of these folks have to come. Let's talk about that for a second. I've given this some thought, some real thought. I saw a British philosopher writing about the assassination and writing about American culture. Now, whenever the Brits have an opinion about American culture. I always listen because the Brits are senseless most of the time, but I like to hear what they have to say. I mean, we don't want to be lectured by people that we tossed out of here a couple of hundred years ago, right, especially people like the Brits. But nevertheless, nevertheless, his position was this, and I want you to hear this because it's really interesting. He says, the problem with this country and the reason we're seeing this rise in violence. He says, what's predictable because when you grow up in America, you're taught from day one that you can be anything you want to be. You're taught from day one that you can rise past your birth Yep. You're taught from day one that any man can be president in this country. And you know that gum Joe Biden proved that. He proved it.
Speaker 2: But I'm ready for that one.
Speaker 4: You're taught, you're taught all of these things growing up. But he said, it provides a problem. Here's the problem. He goes, you have this ultimate liberty, and you teach kids unrealistic expectations, and he says, they rise or attempt to rise past their class, past their birth. You know, the British are still very class wise people. You rise past your birth, and then what he said, he goes you Ultimately something happens, the economic ladder is kicked out from under you, or there's some bad luck, maybe there's a sickness, maybe there's an illness, and for whatever reason, you never quite got to the place that you believed you were entitled to get. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: I think it does.
Speaker 4: We get this. You never quite got to the place that you thought you were going to get. He says that builds resentment and hatred. And he says, you can't blame yourself because that would be too self responsible. So what do you do? You lash out at society. The reason I don't have a boat is because of capitalism. The reason I can't pay my bills is because of capitalistm The reason I can't do X, Y and Z is because of Donald Trump. So he says it creates this massive degree of anger and resentment. And he says liberty is the problem, not the solution. He says, you teach the wrong lessons from birth, and you give people too much license, and it creates this dynamic and I said, WHOA interesting because a lot of people believe that they believe we have too many liberties. I've heard people say that, I know we have too many liberties. They never asked a follow up question, how do you control those liberties except through force, not persuasion, through force and coercion, right, which creates tyranny? Yep, forget this. His underlying argument made sense initially to me, but then I thought, wait a second. We've been We've been teaching our kids that since the very inception of this country, when our families came here, whether it was Ireland to Scotland in the eighteen thirties. They were taught that, but people weren't shooting each other over thought. They were taught there, but people weren't mad all the time. They were taught you could do whatever you want to do in this world. But whenever they worst stopped economically, or they didn't aspire or get where they wanted to get for some reason, they didn't get angry about it and lash out of the system. Think about it. This is a new phenomenon. So the question is that the American dream and liberty. The question is what are we missing now that we had then? That's the question. Because we didn't see all these shootings. Then you didn't see school shootings and mass shootings, then you didn't see all this anger. Then what's different? The question is this is going to make all of you mad. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. We have lost the most civilizing force that was necessary for America to survive, and that's Christianity. Amen, we hear me out. Because I'm not a perfect person. I'm a sinner, and I'm not good at judging people. Because I know I'm a sitter and I've got my own problems. Let me tell you something about that. You can't take a population, give them all this liberty and freedom, and then remove the variability for them to self regulate their own lives and affairs. You may think theology is wrong, you may think Christianity is wrong, but you got to concede. It gives people purpose, It gives them compassion, It makes them care about their fellow man, and even when they finally get to that point where they can't go any further economically, we're taught not to be jealous. We're taught not to be selfish. We're taught to know our place because God has a plan. There is a peace in that plan that God provides. But now what we've done, we've taken a whole generation of kids and we've told them God doesn't exist. We've taken a whole generation of kids. We've pulled them out of church. And like I said, you may think Christianity is no good whatever, you have to concede that that was the glue that was holding us all together. We didn't hate each other then because we were taught not to hate, right, We didn't think the other sign was evil because we knew what evil was.
Speaker 2: We still had disagreements, we were able to be civil about it.
Speaker 4: Now, when you remove that component, which is a civil you may think it's not, it is a civilizing component. It makes us less barbaric to act with compassion and care and grace and understanding and forgiveness. We all know we stink, we all know we're sinners, but we at least treat each other with a degree of forgiveness and compassion. But you remove that from a population and now you've got bitterness and resentment and hate. And then you bring up Christianity and they hate you even more because you dared even mention it. We're not trying to impose it. We're not trying to force it. That would be antithetical to everything in this country. We're just suggesting that it had its purpose in a free society. And by the way, our founders thought that as well. They really believe that you couldn't set people free without some civilizing factor. So they were self governed. The way I once put it, there are two constitutions that govern this country. There's one in Washington Old part Arch under some glass, and the others on your heart. Your heart, and you can be free so long as you self governed responsibily. But if you don't self governed responsibly, chaos, anarchy, violence, bitterness, hatred, and ultimately perhaps the disunion of this country could occur. That's what we're missing, Amen, And it shouldn't be pushed by force, no persuasion, persuasion, but people should understand that this current path we're on, I don't think is sustainable.
Speaker 2: Chris, before I switch gears, you know you've seen with Jimmy Kimball's suspension, Stephen Colbert being announced that they're not renewing his show, the left has tried to turn these two rich liberal elitists into martyrs. I mean, you see it time and time again, where they just they think that these guys are going to be a moment that's going to elevate them. Were first off, Stephen Colbert was costing his network outrageous amounts of money and they weren't getting enough return. Jimmy Kimball wasn't. He wasn't a ratings johnt either, and they didn't They hadn't fired him as of yet. The term is he suspended indefinitely, probably going to get fired, but that hadn't happened yet. What do you make of them trying to make folks like this, elitists that don't really connect with common people, into their martyrs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I've never liked the concept of martyrs, especially like that. I mean, Charlie Kirk lost his life, they lost a talk show. I mean, give me a break. We have to have a proper definition of what it means to be a martyr in this world. Charlie Kirk fits that very well. Losing a job because you can't be diverse in your comedy doesn't quite fit that criteria. Now, I don't know how far the FCC got involved in those regulations or how much they pushed I don't know. If the FCC calls that, we should probably be a little bit curious about why that happened.
Speaker 2: I would be offended.
Speaker 4: Government agency concerned us greatly. But if it was a private decision made by the network because of failing ratings, good riddance, and I tell you how to make the ratings better. Do you want to hear this called Jimmy what's his name? Almost said? Jim said Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter never told joke. Johnny Carson told a lot of jokes, and he was always very consistent to hit both sides. I like comedians, and I always have that like to make fun of both sides. These cats, it was as one sided as it gets. Absolutely all the guests were liberal. All the jokes were AROUNDTI conservative. If you mix it up some I think there's a path there for your success, even if it hurts our feelings. Sometimes, Dave Chappelle, I think Dave Chappelle, now his language is tricky. Sometimes I think Dave Chappelle's one of the funniest human beings I've ever heard. There's a reason for that. Nobody's safe and that's the beauty of America in free speech, right, because when he stands up there and he's on the stage, white, black, Asian conservative liberal, you're about to get something to hit you somehow. That makes it brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now it may be for a moment a bit was he saying that about me? But then you're laughing so hard you lose track of the seriousness of the charge because you recognize, guess what, it's just comedy. But these guys weren't just comedians. They were pushing one wedge, one group, one ideology, and I think that's probably what those ratings feel, which makes sense. I never watched it because I didn't see it as funny as to keep getting beat up every second and not to share some of the comedy to the other groups, or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: I think you're a hundred percent right. And I saw a clip just the other day of Johnny Carson talking about why his shows needed to stay more apolitical, and it's something that the current talk show hosts and whoever follows in the path of Stephen Colbert or Jimmy Kimball, they need to hear that and they need to adhere to it because their jobs to entertain, and they haven't been entertaining. And well, Chris, we're getting close to the n about ten minutes away from the end of this one, and I have to I have to go to another topic here because I think folks will be made. You gave me the interview, so I have to. I have to ask you about a couple of things. You recently had a speaking engagement on the coast. First, it was publicized as your return to politics, which amused me as the guy who sits cross from you every week talking politics, so I don't think you've ever left politics. But it also sparked some chatter of your future Chris, and I don't expect you to announce anything now. It'd be awesome if you did, but I don't expect you to announce anything. But but what are you thinking, I mean, especially in this climate, what are you thinking future wise?
Speaker 4: I think I think there was a story that can I can tell you about that happened that night. I think probably ended my political career. I had, you know, clearly, I thought this show did that well. This show is surely all these shows have their own unique nails to the exact plitical cough and if you don't think, just wait. It's it was funny that night because I make it down to the coast, and you know here, lately, I've been so busy at work that I have neglected to get haircuts and I have neglected to shave. As you can tell, this is not exactly my most trustworthy I'm a pirate now. It's not my exactly much trustworthy look. And it's just because I'm so busy and between the boys in baseball and work, it's just not much time to solve my own issues. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 4: I'm solving everybody else's problems, but my simple issues like my haircut, I had not solved. So here i am gonna get to the coast, and I've got this Irish afro. If you're Irish, you know what I'm talking about, right. And I didn't think it was that bad. I really didn't. I thought I could control it. Of course, I'm a man. I don't put products in my hair. I was gonna control it the old fashioned way. I was gonna get it wet, and I was going to calm it as best as I could. Probably should have used the products. So here's what happened. I get out of the car and there's a thunderstorm hits and I look like a madman, disheveled. Have you seen back in the eighties It was a band called Flock of Seagulls and the guy's hair was all, yes, that's what my hair looked like like I had lost complete control of sanity. And I know the establishment GP was like, see, we told you he was going to crack up. Look at his hair, just look at him. And the Democrats were like, of course, this is who he is. He's a madman. So I go in there and I'm thinking, it's not going to be that bad, dude. I saw the pictures after I left, and I felt like calling people and say, please take that off of Facebook.
Speaker 2: It was so I've seen the pictures.
Speaker 4: I can cut aside myself check you can't criticize me, okay, But it was that it was really that bad, and I thought, you know what, I forget it. I can't run like this. So here's what I'm gonna do before I speak again. I'm gonna get a haircut, and I might I might even shave.
Speaker 2: But don't go crazy now.
Speaker 4: But long story short, to answer your question, that I've tried to die. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I think that I like the debate. I like the fight. I like being a part of however we shape the conservative movement because I believe strongly in these ideas. I'm not just saying this for the first time. You've known me for twenty years. Yeah, how long have I been saying these same things.
Speaker 2: Since the first time I met you all? Honesty, sitting on the steps outside of the pe building at jac Jacy Jac.
Speaker 4: This is the way I've seen the world of my entire life. And some people say, well, he does this or he does that. I've never meant to hurt anybody. I just always believe strongly in these belief systems, and I've always wanted to share them. I've been successful in some respects, I've not been successful in other respects. But the way I look at it is, if the opportunity presents itself at some point in the future, yeah, I'll get re engaged. Now. Have I decided what that is yet? No? And number two? Right now, believe it or not, I'm probably happier than I've been in a long long time.
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 4: Because I'm practicing law again, and I've got great law partners, and I've got some really big cases all over the country, and it keeps me busy. And I'm able to watch my sons play baseball. You know, Cambridge is playing at Meridia now and Chamberlain's playing at South Choines Junior High, and I'm able to be involved in their lives more so than I was always traveling around in politics. So ultimately, at this stage, I'm pretty pretty pumped and pretty happy to be where I am. If the future changes, we'll see about that. But I have no idea to answer your question. But I can promise you this. I will not do anything in politics again until I cut my hair.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's definitely.
Speaker 4: That's really for the people. That's not for me. I'm doing that for you all.
Speaker 2: Look, that's why you're wearing a hat, right.
Speaker 4: I do have a speech coming up. I don't know the exact time or the details yet, but it's going to be a vigil for Charlie Kirk at USM. They're turning point chapter, so at some point that would be arranged. I want to say it September the thirtieth, but I don't know all the details yet, but I'll let you know how that goes, hopefully time permitted. I'm in state and and it works.
Speaker 2: Out right now. It'd be great if I could attend that one too, because it'd be great. Two more questions before we wrap up, and I'm going to combine them together because I know we're coming up on it. Of course, Cambridge filled in for you one of the times when you were off working. He's a freshman at college this year, you know, so you know, first off, how proud of you of him were you when you saw him fill in for you that day? But second, knowing that he's now off at college, what concerns do you have knowing that college is disindoctrination crowd. It might not be as bad in Mississippi, but it still exists in Mississippi. How concerned are you you know that somebody's going to try to get their meat hooks in them.
Speaker 4: There's always some concern because you know, kids that go to school, they respect their professors and all the lot, and some of the professors use that respect to gain trust and then to impart these what I consider to be negative values into these children. But I also know my son is grounded. I don't believe there's any professor in the world that can alter that eighteen years of solid conservative thought that he's been a part of. If they can, more power to them, they must be amazing. But my son's amazing, and I think he's so amazing that he can resist most of that. Now, Granddad, listen, I don't mind his ideas being tested. I don't mind at all. They'll introduced and new components and ideas to him. Just don't brainwash him. Don't punish him for his conservative thoughts. Let it be a marketplace of ideas. And when I say that, if you're a math teacher, shut up about politics. If you're teaching biology, shut up about politics. Now. If you're teaching politics, one O one by all means engage. If you're teaching sociology or something, by all means engage, but stay in your lane.
Speaker 2: But be okay with differences.
Speaker 4: Of a Senilely we're supposed to be happy with differences of opinion. And what happens is we have these kids that go to school and they feel like they have to conform. We shouldn't want to teach people to conform. We should teach people to challenge ideas and to be strong. And if my something changes his mind and he's not a conservative, I'm still gonna love it. It's just gonna make thanks given really tough.
Speaker 2: It will, but I'm still gonna love it. Well, how proud of him were you? Because I asked you that it was well incredible. He did a great job in here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's honestly, dads should not say this about their kids because it's just dad's you know, being dads. But he's such a good boy and he's got such a big heart for people. You know, he's the kind of person I would want all people to be only because he doesn't think evils are mean or evil. He thinks to people and I promise you, if one comes up to him, he'll hug them and they'll have a discussion and he'll smile and he'll say I just disagree, and he'll still love them. There's something really special about that type of diversity and thought that he has, But more importantly, that open heart that he has. I've never seen a kid more adaptable and more open than he is.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: As a kid, a stranger would come up, he would walk call with a stranger to go do something which is dangerous, but he likes people that much and he sees everybody the way C. S. Lewis taught us to see people. And he said, the reason I love people is because when I meet them, I'm not meeting a person. I'm meeting a soul, and that soul is eternal and I'll see them again one day. That's an important component because he always sees the best in people, and that's part of that understanding that we're only here temporarily. This is just a vessel and there's much more to this world, this time and space. Right. So, yeah, good boy. I'm so proud of him. I don't know what he's going to do, but whatever he does, I'll always love him.
Speaker 2: Well, Chris, it's been fun to sit down and talk with you about these types. I had several more questions because I didn't even get to ask you about Gavin Newsom's dangerous new law he signed. Yeah, I didn't get the chance to talk to you about the battle that we see to suppress the Epstein life. So much more stuff I wanted to get to. We're gonna have to do interviews, maybe sprinkle in shows like this a little more often.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. This sounds good. You did a great job, and anytime you want to do this, I am open to it. Guys, again, this has been a good show. I appreciate you being here. I think it's time to sign off. This has been Chris mcdale's America here on the Midnight Ride Network. You're home of the anti establishment movement in this country. We'll see you soon. Thank you. Looks like you've been sleeping well, Megan.
Speaker 5: He's back to my pillow guy, and you're looking.
Speaker 4: Good, still feeling good.
Speaker 5: Well, just when you thought it couldn't get any better, we've got the best pillow ever, my pillow two point zero.
Speaker 4: Wow. It's so soft and smooth, it's cool to the touch.
Speaker 2: How did you do that?
Speaker 5: Well, we took my pillows patented bill and combine it with this new technology that we didn't have back then when ivent in my pillow to bring you the best pillow in history, my pillow two point zher. Just like all of you, I never imagine that my pillow could get any better. That's why I haven't changed it in nearly twenty years. Then I heard about a revolutionary new technology and I knew I had to bring it to you all. My pillow two point zero is truly the next generation of my pillow.
Speaker 3: My pillow two point zero is cooler and softer than the last my pillow. It is so comfortable to sleep on at night. I look forward to going to bed and I wake up well rested in the morning.
Speaker 5: Sleep is all about temperature and height. My pillow two point oh is patent and adjustable. Pill is going to give you the exact individual support you need from your head to your bed. And now here's where it gets even better. We've all experienced those temperature related sleep interruptions where you get too hot, you toss and turn, you flip your pillow over to the cool side. Well, all that's gone with my brand new my Pillow two point oh cooling fabric that's made with temperature regulating thread.
Speaker 6: The best sleep just got even better. Whether you have a MyPillow or not, you need to get the brand new my Pillow two point zero caller. Go to MyPillow dot com now, use your promo code and for a limited time, when you buy one, you'll get a second one.
Speaker 2: Absolutely breathe, you're sleeping.
Speaker 5: Even better and cooler too, and you're looking good feeling good.
Speaker 4: I knew you would.
Speaker 2: Is it my billo dot com,