Speaker 1: Heernzi disingush Pretzel.
Speaker 2: Listen to this conversation. The American mister Jamison is speaking with his German acquaintance, Missus Benzer.
Speaker 1: The Americana had Jameson spress mizzena Deutschen Bukanten Frobenze Ernzi Dezengus Pretzel.
Speaker 3: Couldn't talk for Benze he get us.
Speaker 4: Enen Serguta, Jameson on enen or Kuo dunker had Jameson Wanzenzi in Deutsche Land unger Common, Keston arbend Ah, guston On vi Langa Blimesy no Einewarcho, Hamsishan, Dvaston mnchen gaizene nor Michel.
Speaker 2: In this conversation, you heard the woman.
Speaker 1: Ask Parvunzishan advasson wenchen gaizene.
Speaker 2: Which means, have you already seen something of Munich.
Speaker 1: Ernzi dizengush presser Ain Matzl.
Speaker 3: Couldn't talk for Benze he get us enen Serguta, Jameson on enen or Kuo dunker.
Speaker 4: Here Jameson Fanzenzi Indutsche Land, unger Common, Kuston arband Ah, Guston On vi Langa blimesy Novocher, hamsish At first from mentioned gazine.
Speaker 2: Now suppose you're speaking with a German acquaintance. Ask her how she is?
Speaker 3: He gets en.
Speaker 4: The unfaltity not bad, nich schlecht, nichschlecht.
Speaker 2: How would she ask you how you are?
Speaker 4: Beget us en.
Speaker 2: Tell her that you are very well.
Speaker 3: Get me as your goods, get me as your good.
Speaker 2: How would she ask you when you arrived.
Speaker 4: Bands inc anger Common bands incy anger Common?
Speaker 2: Did you arrive this morning?
Speaker 4: Since he heard the morgan anger Common, since he holde Morgan unger Common.
Speaker 2: Anten zee no yesterday, I in Ghustan, I arrived yesterday.
Speaker 3: You's been guessed on anger Common. You's been guest on Ungercommon.
Speaker 2: Yesterday evening.
Speaker 3: Gustan arband.
Speaker 1: We've ragged irbicante.
Speaker 2: Would you like to drink something.
Speaker 4: Most the advastrington most ze advastrington.
Speaker 2: Zagzi yes, gladly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, arghana.
Speaker 1: Irbuicante fragged.
Speaker 2: Do you like wine?
Speaker 4: Mugenzy wine, mugenzy wine.
Speaker 2: Now say the two together. Would you like Do you.
Speaker 4: Like merchten z moog and z merchten z mogen Z.
Speaker 2: How does she ask you if you like wine.
Speaker 4: Mugen Zy vine, mugen Zy vine.
Speaker 2: Answer yes, I like wine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ischmark wine, ischmarckwine.
Speaker 2: I would like to drink wine. Add gharana for politeness, mushta.
Speaker 4: Ghana ishmersht aganavine drinking, ichimersht aganavine drinking.
Speaker 2: Here's how she asks you what you did today?
Speaker 4: Vidojunzi bus hams, you hoi to gumart gumart sie haben gumaart bus happens you hoi to gomart.
Speaker 1: We fract irabakanta.
Speaker 2: What did you do today?
Speaker 4: Bus Hams there to go, mart bus Hams there to go.
Speaker 2: Matt tell her that you bought something.
Speaker 3: Jabe ituska coauftborg coulft jabe it was a coulft.
Speaker 2: And I visited a couple of friends.
Speaker 3: On the shaba and pafujrbo bassourd one Saba and pafun.
Speaker 2: We ate together.
Speaker 3: He happened to Samgagessen Jahamen Gegessen. He happened to Zamgagesen, and I spoke a lot of German on the Habefel deutschochenb porchen on the Habefel Deutschochen. How does she ask you if you like it?
Speaker 4: In Munich, give does en an invention? Give her does enan invention?
Speaker 2: Tell her, yes, I arrived yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shu been guessed on unger common. Yeah shup been guess on unger common.
Speaker 2: And today one tote I did a lot today. Be careful of the word order.
Speaker 3: Carbehoe to feel gou macht carbehoe to filu maacht.
Speaker 2: You want to say, but I saw nothing of Munich. Here's how to say.
Speaker 1: I saw Vidajlenzi, bitter Harbegazine, gasin.
Speaker 3: Habegazine, you saw.
Speaker 4: See ham Gazine, see ham.
Speaker 1: Gazine, Zangzi, I saw nothing.
Speaker 3: Carbanists Gazine, Carbanists, gazine.
Speaker 1: Of Munich, Videjolenzi.
Speaker 3: Fon Munchen, fun yah fun one muntion. How do you.
Speaker 2: Say of.
Speaker 1: Fun vivract i rebicande, you saw nothing of Munich.
Speaker 4: The Harmonists on Muntion Gaizine nichts one mention the harmonists fan Muntion Gaizine that zine.
Speaker 2: No I saw nothing of Munich.
Speaker 3: Nine Jabanists from mentioning gauzine. Nine Jabanists from mentioning Gaizine.
Speaker 2: The zach Man nothing yet or not anything yet. We don't want to ze better.
Speaker 3: No, no nonichts the zach Man yet, nozi.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen anything yet.
Speaker 3: The carben arnists gazin nornichtschaben ornistskasen.
Speaker 2: How does she ask you if you like it in Munich?
Speaker 4: Gafes inan and munchin gif does inan and Munchin.
Speaker 5: Tell her, yes, I like it in Munich. Yeah, it's kaffetted me and Munchin, But I don't have enough time. Abay habanish knuchzayt aby Habanisheknuch said, Munich is very large, Munchin is their course. When she miss you.
Speaker 2: Tell your acquaintance that you're going to Salzburg next, she wants to know if you're familiar with Salzburg.
Speaker 4: Via kenonziezeudsbok shun kennon kennen kenonzie shun kenonzie seidsbok shun. She's asking, are you already acquainted with Salzburg. The expression canonzi is commonly used to ask if someone is familiar with a person, a place, a book of film, and so on. Yetzi, are you acquainted with Salzburg? Kenonzie zeide spoke.
Speaker 1: Wisakmann already.
Speaker 3: Shawan shan.
Speaker 2: Me fragnsie are you already acquainted with Salzburg?
Speaker 4: Canonzieze outspoke shan.
Speaker 2: Sean is the same word as in the expression I believe so say this.
Speaker 3: Kloba shun.
Speaker 1: Fin heinmel Are you already acquainted with Salzburg?
Speaker 4: Canonziez outspoke shun canonziez outspoke shun.
Speaker 1: Sagen.
Speaker 2: No, not yet.
Speaker 3: Nine nornicht, nornicht, nornicht.
Speaker 2: But I have seen already a little bit of Munich.
Speaker 3: Abby jabashon Ambissin from Munchingizien aby yabashon Ambisian, from munching Zien, only a little bit Numbisian zangzi, I like it in Munich escafet me and munchin escafette me and munchin.
Speaker 2: Your acquaintance asks, would you like to go into town tomorrowsu.
Speaker 4: Motion zi morgen indiestad gin mosten zi morgen indiestad gin.
Speaker 2: The Zachman the city or the town.
Speaker 4: D stat Stadt d Stadt.
Speaker 1: Went to the Zachmann into town.
Speaker 4: Indistadt indistadt.
Speaker 2: Would you like to go into town?
Speaker 4: Motion in the indies, stud gain motion in the indies, stud gain.
Speaker 1: Frogs.
Speaker 2: When fun tomorrow morning, we don't.
Speaker 4: Morgan through morgan frou.
Speaker 2: Morgan fu means tomorrow early Germans say it to avoid saying marg margen as margan means both tomorrow and morning. Reinma tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: Morgan frou.
Speaker 6: Frou and visak man this morning HOI to Morgan, HOI to Morgan, say.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: Morgan flu.
Speaker 2: Which word means that is what be douted early.
Speaker 3: Flu zag z.
Speaker 2: I have no time tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: Jabu wong fu kind of sight yabum wong fu kind of sight.
Speaker 2: I can't go into town.
Speaker 3: Vkanighny statgain in the stadt vkanighny statgain.
Speaker 7: I am working tomorrow. Is aba to Morgan, I have a lot of work tomorrow video and the work arabit arbit the arbit a lot of work, feel arbit. I have a lot of work tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Carbamong feel a bite, Carbamong, feel a bite?
Speaker 2: Would you like to go into town tomorrow evening?
Speaker 4: Mostens morgen armed indishtadgen. Mostens morgen armed indishtadgen.
Speaker 2: Yes, tomorrow evening, Yeah, mong armed not tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: Nicht morgenfu, nicht morgenfu.
Speaker 2: Visak man stores.
Speaker 4: Kushefter diguschefter.
Speaker 2: Theis act, but the stores are closed tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Evening aberdiguscheft doesn't morgen armed keshlassen aberdigueschef doesn't morg armed kushlassen.
Speaker 1: Visak man nothing or not anything michtz zagzi, I wouldn't like to buy anything.
Speaker 3: Schmerstnichts kaufen. Schmerstnichtskaufen.
Speaker 2: Okay until tomorrow, good bis Morgan. Now you would like to buy some wine and beer?
Speaker 1: Yes, mostenzie wine on beer caffin.
Speaker 2: You would like to buy some wine and beer.
Speaker 1: V krissid frau ngueschaft.
Speaker 2: How do you greet the woman in the shop.
Speaker 3: Gould and talk.
Speaker 1: V fractifrau.
Speaker 2: What would you like? Please?
Speaker 4: Pas mots pas motenzi.
Speaker 1: Zangzi. Does the wine on be a moshten.
Speaker 3: Which the wine would beer?
Speaker 1: The machine vison. We feel there's be accosted. We fragsy.
Speaker 3: If you cost it a spear, If you cost it a spear.
Speaker 1: Wesakt the does just be a fifthtin mark? Cost it.
Speaker 4: Does be a cost a fifthin mark.
Speaker 1: On FRAGSI we feel their wine cost it?
Speaker 3: Won't we feel cost of their wine? Won't we feel cost of their wine?
Speaker 1: Zak de frau does divine SWANSI marc.
Speaker 2: Cost it.
Speaker 4: Divine costed Swansish mark, divine costed swansish mark.
Speaker 1: The ear does the doesper on dinvine naming.
Speaker 3: Name it does beyond divine she name, it does beyond wine.
Speaker 2: The shopkeeper asks you a question. Listen and then answer affirmatively, both male and female.
Speaker 4: Since the Americana, Yeah, Americana. Yeah, it's been Americana. And see Fashtian, they're good.
Speaker 2: Dodge, tell her you understand a little.
Speaker 3: Ivashtia Ambissian.
Speaker 2: Ask her if she speaks English.
Speaker 3: Sprak in the English.
Speaker 4: Nine is spraya kine English is spray in nood Dodge.
Speaker 1: De fra frag.
Speaker 2: The woman asks another question.
Speaker 4: It banden see and mention unger coommon.
Speaker 2: Tell her you arrived last night.
Speaker 3: He's been getting an armed unger common. He's been getting an armed unger.
Speaker 4: Common Kenenzi munchin shun.
Speaker 1: Zangxi No not yet.
Speaker 3: Nine nicht.
Speaker 4: Hamzishun adverse from munch gazine.
Speaker 1: Zangxi not much.
Speaker 3: Nishtfir.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Kabafil abaite.
Speaker 2: And only a little bit of time.
Speaker 3: I wuld no ambis inside.
Speaker 2: Zangzi, but I'm going into town tomorrow evening.
Speaker 3: Abet hiemong armed nishtadt abei kiemwong ahm de nistadt.
Speaker 1: Ytsangzi.
Speaker 3: Goodbye, Afridas in.
Speaker 4: Afridas in see fishtin miya altno Ambishindorsche.
Speaker 2: And that's true. You do understand more than just a little German. Don't be concerned if you've not made every response correctly. All that you have learned here and in speaking read essential German I will be reviewed in future units. If you have mastered about eighty percent of the material in this lesson, you are ready to move on to the next. Otherwise you should invest some time in review. This is the end of today's lesson. When you continue with the next unit tomorrow, please begin with track number two.