Speaker 1: To shaibto five and fifty five KRCV talk station, A very happy Tuesday to you. We're gonna get the Daniel Davis Steve Dae find on what's going on between Russia and you cred to the bottom of the air in the meantime. Welcome back, and you should bookmark the website Breitbart b R E I T B A r T Breitbart dot com because when Oliver Lane's writing about things political, you're gonna want to read them. Welcome back to the fifty five krc Morning Show, London Bureau Chief Oliver Lane, who is doing and empower you seminar tonight seven pm. Log in from the comfort of your own home, just registered empower you America dot org to do it. You're going to want to hear this presentation. Oliver. Welcome back to the Morning Show. It's always a pleasure talking with you.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for a fantastic introduction. It's great to be back.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I appreciate this subject matter, what's happening in Europe and what am I to portend to the United States subheading While authoritarian to authoritarianism has been on the rise among the political class, A populist reaction is taking place. In response, I mean, I guess I should start up by saying, Oliver, what did they our political elites expect when they opened the borders in the European Union? And then we felt the same thing mostly under the Biden administration open the borders, you had this unchecked, amazing inflow of immigrants with no connection to your political culture, no collection, no collection to your culture. Generally speaking, things got pretty bad and people started looking around in Italy, in France and the UK and Germany like, wait a second, what what happened to our country? We're not the same country we used to be. Our culture has been completely eroded, Our cities are overrun, the criminal element in the criminal the amount of crime has gone through the roof. Of course, there's going to be a populis revolt to that. Isn't that just sort of a natural reaction? Oliver, Well, what you.
Speaker 3: Couldn't see when you said what exactly did they expect?
Speaker 2: Was me grinning from here to way, because.
Speaker 3: That is the best possible question you could ask, And I wish I had an answer for you. What did they expect exactly when you force upon people who in countries across Europe and probably in the United States as well, who are voted against mass migration again and again and again, election after election for decades, and no matter actually the result of the election, you always get the same thing, which is more and more open borders. So what we have so called is this populous uprising, which is of course an entirely natural counter reaction to elite overreach because they decided they could do whatever it is they wanted, no matter how the people advised them, in the endless elections that we have in these wonderful democracies, which are democracies that hurt and they're in trouble, because if you have a situation where people vote again and again to stop something and it doesn't happen, then well is that a democracy.
Speaker 2: Worth the name.
Speaker 3: So it's good and it's healthy, and it's a natural reaction that we have these, as I say, so called populous reactions in Europe and in the United States, and I certainly think that President Trump is a part of that. In terms of encouraging your fine listeners to tune into this empower you seminar to item is going to be a short talk followed by questions, and I'm really looking forward to those questions.
Speaker 2: That's obviously always the best part. But the thing that you're going to have to tune into here is why I think.
Speaker 3: Populism is a bad word and one that we shouldn't use on the right.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, and I'm sure you'll provide a wonderful explanation of it, and maybe an alternative term to use when we're referring to what is this, Wait a second, what about us mentality? Our government has seemed to just turned its back on its own people, And yeah, you can, I think clearly connect the dots to this concept of this globalist, one world government. They view independent countries as bad. They want one size fits all, They want to control us all. And it seems to me that this importation of literally millions and millions of people into otherwise stable areas has an erosion effect on that. I poured a bunch of people from the Middle East into the European Union. They don't care about the borders of Germany or the UK or Italy. It just means nothing to them. They have no roots and no connection or foundation with it. So if they were eradicated, they don't care as long as they have a place to eat in someone feeding them. I suppose whatever you got by way of government is firing with them, because they've all grown up under authoritarian regimes.
Speaker 2: Anyway, a real cynic might argue, there's an element of dividing rules of this.
Speaker 3: If you have a country that has, for instance, two predominant factors, or two predominant factions, I should say, be they based on faith, or based on skin color, or based on class or anything like that, that's a perfect situation for civil uprising, for unrest, for civil war, even which are all horrible words and not things we'd like to think about. Because you have two groups that are powerful enough to fight, and if you want to have a peaceful country, from the position of an authoritarian, it's far better to have a country with a great many small groups, none of whom are powerful enough to do anything, are too busy bickering amongst themselves. You can then divide and rule. And when I look at the very diverse way in which our countries are being changed, as I say, a real cynic might argue that this produces a situation in the for instance, European states, which where elite control is rendered much easier.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, I can certainly draw, draw the dots or connect the dots again her on that. Now, the other component of this is, and you know, we face this struggle here in the United States, where I think, culturally speaking, we prided ourselves, you know, on this melting pod concept. We had Irish, we had English, we had Germans, we had Hispanics, we have all these different subgroups of cultures. But coming here with the freedom and ability and liberty to do as they choose, work under this umbrella of freedom without too much government control over their lives. It was really a motivation to draw people and that all worked for us, except in modern times with social media. And this is the point I'm gonna ltimately get to that division can be created and you start putting in divisive elements. It starts breaking these otherwise cohesive under the banner of freedom, people who could peacefully live together. And you start saying, no, you're in Asian America, No you're in Irish America. No you're an African American, and then you drive a wedge between otherwise peaceful groups. That's how you get this division that we're talking about, and even under a banner of freedom, it ends up collapsing on itself.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think there are two distinct elements here, because, of course, in the past, the United States has had these actually quite considerable waves of migration. Historically going back the past two hundred and fifty years, first British migranges predominantly, and I think if you look at the numbers now even now, the English settlers are the largest legacy.
Speaker 2: White group, followed very closely by the Germans.
Speaker 3: But you have the Germans, and you had the Italians, and you had the Norwegians and the Swedish who settled.
Speaker 2: In the north of the United States of America.
Speaker 3: But always after these arrivals, it seems there's an automatic response, a self healing instinct in the United States that when you have a sudden large arrival, you manage that then by actually having a period where the borders are closed and that group, which is not constantly being reinforced with new migrants arriving from abroad, is forced to to integrate and actually has to become parts of the American dream.
Speaker 2: And that's worked very well in the past.
Speaker 3: And the problem that we have now, as you absolutely rightly identify, with the emergency social media, which is great in so many ways and is a fantastic tool for fighting back against globalization, against a league capture, because it allows people like you and me to trade information so freely. The other side of that coin, the issue to be dealt with, is it also allows getivization because those new communities that arise never have to experience life outside of their own social miliu. There's never any pressure to integrate into the American society, to participate in.
Speaker 2: The traditional American dream, because if you're a newly alived migrant, you can do.
Speaker 3: Everything online in your own language, with people who talk and think like you.
Speaker 2: Why would you have done anything else?
Speaker 1: And then you also have authoritarian governments who try to crack down on what they deem to be offensive or hurtful comments, and they curtail speech and don't prevent or don't allow for the free exercise and exchange of thoughts and ideas. And that to me is I mean, you know, I live in the United States. We have a really really well protected freedom of speech here. But when I look over the pond and I see what goes on in the European Union, I mean, you can you jail people for someone deems offensive or hurtful and it just runs such a foul to our traditional notions of free speech.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, the way I think of this is this, when we have discussions and I'm going on a bit of a tangent here, I hope you forgive me. But when we have discussions now about the future of artificial intelligence, we say, one of the problems that we have with our future computer overlords is that whoever programs them.
Speaker 2: Gets the sway on where they go.
Speaker 3: So if a computer's greatest good, if the highest possible moral outcome for them is that there's never any racism, or you know, transgender people are never misgendered, as the example goes, then the computer, the artificial intelligence might do things that ordinary people find quit totally abhorrent, totally terrible to uphold those standards. So if the computer thinks that somebody not being misgendered is a higher moral good than a misgendering individual is, say an ordinary person being shot, then the computer will choose to shoot the person who's committing.
Speaker 2: That thought crime.
Speaker 3: Now, when I look at the way that our political elites, which are now being dismantled by the populist uprisings we have in Europe and the US, I look at them, I think these people are not actually much more intelligent than a stupid AI computer software as a whole. The way they think and collectively they decide what their their greatest goods are, their their moral imperatives, and that might be that the greatest moral good this government can deliver is that we don't have intercommunal, intercommunity strife, so there's no riots between different ethnic groups in the United States. And as long as we're achieving that, which, lets be honest between you and I, that is definitely a good outcome. Nobody wants that, right, But if that's your highest moral good, then you will stop at nothing to achieve that, even if that means putting essentially normal well meeting people in prison just in case they do a little naughty, wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Now, in terms of the makeup of the European Union, I mean it's almost as if you have a version of the United States, you have Degreece, you have Germany, you have Italy, of all these different countries under the larger banner of the European Union. Now has that resulted, because it seems from my perspective, it's resulted in the erosion of the autonomy of any given country to go in a different direction. Oh no, no, Brussels says you can't do that, and therefore any election in France maybe doesn't bring about the outcome that the French people want out of an election because they have this bigger power tone than what they can and cannot do. Have I kind of got that right a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, the United State, sorry of the European Union, wants to be like the United States. The political I keep on using this friend that praise the political leg You have to forgive me for sounding like the broken record that we have. In Brussels and Strasbourg, which are the centers of power of the European Union, they look at the US with envy.
Speaker 2: They want that power. They want to be the federal government for Europe. They're not quite, but they're.
Speaker 3: Getting there in terms of the the impact this has on ordinary Europeans, You're completely right, and it is an enormous issue. So if we look at the United Kingdom, for instance, post Brexit, we have recently left the European Union, so we no longer have the EU limiting what we can do. And it's actually very interesting to witness essentially how mentally stunted. The British political class is because they've had fifty years where they've never actually had to make any decisions. I think if every single item of consequence is decided abroad, it's imposed all you're doing.
Speaker 2: Really, And that was this is how the saying went. It was government by facts. You're being faxed.
Speaker 3: Laws from the European Union and your only job as a legislator was to implement those laws into your own system.
Speaker 2: So we now have this situation where the entire political.
Speaker 3: Class has grown up in a world where they never have to think, they never have to innovade, because it's always done on their behalf.
Speaker 2: And I think actually.
Speaker 3: We're in a bit of a situation because it's going to take entire generation. The people who are capful of independent thoughts, they're teenagers now, the people just getting into politics for the first time, just thinking about the way the world works, and why the people who are going to be the government ministers, the activists, the prime ministers in thirty.
Speaker 2: Or forty years. That's how long it's going to take, I think, to escape from this.
Speaker 3: And if you look at and this is not just a UK thing, this is all across Europe, the present generation of politicians that we have are afraid of power. They rejected and the best possible proof of this totally you cannot contradict it.
Speaker 2: In my view.
Speaker 3: As you look at the way the UK works, the government still doesn't make decisions. Every possible area of competence is farmed out to non government or rather non ministerial organizations.
Speaker 2: We call them quangos.
Speaker 3: So if you know, if you want to make a decision on prisons, the minister doesn't make a decision and have it implemented.
Speaker 2: Like you're doing the US.
Speaker 3: The president signs a piece of paper by presidential decree.
Speaker 2: This thing happens.
Speaker 3: They say, okay, we recognize there as a problem the prison system. We're going to call for a report, an inquiry from an arms length body and they'll tell us what to do.
Speaker 2: And actually every single area of government is run like this.
Speaker 3: And we remember not perhaps the world's greatest example, we remember Liz Trust, the very short lived British Prime minister. Conservative Party came in said we need to change things. The way the international monetary system works, the way government debt works, everything it's all broken and we want.
Speaker 2: To change it.
Speaker 3: And all these little organizations that the government has created over the past forty years. When no, you didn't ask us, we don't agree, and with that, the.
Speaker 2: Government collapsed instantly.
Speaker 3: Because this network of organizations have been created to control the government did not give its consent. It's going to take a lot of work to.
Speaker 2: Get beyond that, but I very, very believe it's possible.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, Oliver Lane. Now you'd be surprised how similar we are to written in that regard. We call them non governmental organizations, quite often funded by very large left wing dollars and the taxpayer dollars. We have a very similar political situation. Lots of the work gets farmed out to these crazy organizations, and politicians tend to not do what they're well elected to do. It's going to be a fantastic conversation. Empower Youamerica dot org, register from home, tune in, make sure they're at seven pm. Oliver Lane's going to give you a mucher, larger and broader presentation on these and the opportunity to ask him questions. Oliver, It's always great talking with you do such a wonderful job. I'll look forward to our next discussion here at fifty five krs the.
Speaker 2: Talk station, and so that's always been a pleasure.
Speaker 1: It's always mine as well. A twenty at fifty five krs the Talks