Speaker 1: Phoning in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers.
Speaker 3: Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record.
Speaker 1: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here. He is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 2: At follow Adam a Adam Osley.
Speaker 4: Clippers win ugly better than losing pretty. They hold on one O two to ninety two after a fourth quarter where they had twelve turnovers against the Golden State Warriors. But you will take the victory, and you will take a record of eighteen and thirteen after thirty one games this season, played all of them without Kawhi Leonard. Welcome into Clippers stock. I'm Adam Oslin. Appreciates you guys on the YouTube side or on a five seventy LA Sports if you want to get on eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight six six ninety two two seventy is the phone number. If you need an update about Big Mike Well, he was complaining postgame the big Golden State Warriors fan my cousin who I did a show with.
Speaker 5: Was that yesterday? I think it was yesterday. Days were running together.
Speaker 4: He came on to give Golden State Warriors perspective. He's upset with Steve Kerr right now. He's pointing to this game by Jonathan Kaminga and saying, why doesn't Kerr play him more? This is a perfect example of that. Clippers three and zero this season against the Golden State Warriors, And maybe bigger than the victory is the fact that it leads to the Clippers having the tiebreaker had to head against the Golden State Warriors in the Pack div. They only have one more game between them and Golden State, so this could help keep Golden State below them in the standings. We don't know what they could be up to. Maybe they make a move, maybe they bring in Jimmy Butler. I don't think they're giving up on this season. They're fifteen and fifteen now. Still some good performances. A really good third quarter by the Clippers where they played great sound basketball, the antithesis of what we saw in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: First you have.
Speaker 4: Zoo to DJ for a dunk, even though the past was the Norman Powell. Then big Zoo spinning in the paint for a dunk himself. In the third, Dereck Jones Jr. The steal to the two handed dunk Zoo pushed past the norm for a reverse layup. I mean they are executing out there. Remember they were just up by I want to say six at the half. It was a score we forget, want to say, yeah, forty nine to forty three. Dj Has one of the quickest Derreck Jones Jr. Has one of the quickest second jumps I've seen since Shawn Marion who coach Louke compared Trenton Flowers too recently. But Dereck Jones Jr. His second jump crazy. He put him up by ten in the third. That was their largest lead at that point. It was fifty nine to forty nine. And then the putback dunk he had with the left hand. That's one of the best dunks of the season by this Clippers team. Nasty airplane mode, lying in just hovering in a holding pattern. It felt like how long you're watching him in the air? Then done clamped Dennis shrewder out of a time out and gets a turnover hardened jumper. Clippers are up fifteen. They went on a fourteen to three run. They were not done yet. Well, Golden State started to battle back. Wigginson a jumper, Harden to fall away kminga bucket. There'd be more of those. Really nice defensive play by Norm to swipe the ball out of bounds after a turnover where it looked like Golden State was gonna have a two on one with Pods getting an easy layup and Norm got back on defense in time, but then Pods.
Speaker 5: Had a floater.
Speaker 4: They're back two, being up by just nine in the third quarter of a Toomb three that was really a big silencer shot that put the Clippers back up by twelve, and good defense, multiple good defensive plays by Hard than this one. He had a big block in the first half. He had a play on Santos in the third quarter who turned it over a big done three. He needs that shot. Clippers are back up by fifteen to the third. Then Hard blocks Pods, it turns into a jump ball. Amr hits a three off a hard and pass. They're up sixteen, but Toom long rebound off a hard miss got the offensive board got its Norm pal he hits a three. Clippers are up by nineteen. They got up by as many as twenty one and heading into that fourth quarter, yeah, it felt like.
Speaker 5: They had a secure lead.
Speaker 4: Given no Steph Curry, no Draymond Green gear up twenty one. It's eighty one to sixty two. There should be nineteen there. But they were up as many as twenty one. Third quarter and the Clippers completely let out a sire leaf, I think, and it was as uncomfortable as I have seen a team when it comes to trying to break a press in a fourth quarter. I think partly because maybe just the ball handlers or lack thereof, partly because of Golden State, and the third part was because the Clippers were just flat out lazy with the basketball. I'm gonna call it what it is. There were unforced errors, there were passes that should have been made, and then other passes that should not have been made. That was a miserable fourth quarter. I have to be honest about that. You will take the win, But twelve turnovers in the fourth quarter by my box score, it's somewhere between ten and twelve in a quarter when you're trying to close out a game. All they needed was one run to put them away, and they couldn't do it. And it started the very first possession of the fourth where they couldn't get out of the back court. There's about to be an eight second violation. Coach Luke calls the time out. He saw what was happening. He calls another one early in the fourth quarter. Two timeouts right away. I think he knew this was something they needed to work on and they needed to focus on. Obviously, the guys weren't able to execute. Whatever his message was that was nasty that fourth quarter. I'm not gonna dwell on to the point and say, yeah, it's still a victory. I'm not gonna say it ruined the night or something like that. I am gonna say other teams are gonna look at this tape because it has happened at times in fourth quarters late this season where the Clippers have had some really bad turnovers. They've had a couple on inbounds passes where they couldn't get the ball in or they threw it away. Grayson Allen had that steal for Phoenix against them. I remember, these are the little things that lead to losses against good teams, because you're not gonna be up twenty one if they just had Steph Curry tonight. You're not up by twenty one, you're not up by nineteen. Heading against the fourth Fortunately for the Clippers, Golden State couldn't hit. They were seven of thirty eight from distance. Clippers were ten to thirty two. They were bad too, but Golden State shot eighteen percent from three. But what's amazing is they got back into this game, obviously without making threes. Their first three of the second half. I want to say it was midway through the fourth quarter. They were getting easy layups, they were back to gain some offensive rebounds. Those were problems tonight for the Clippers, especially in the first half. That's what kept Golden Sie stayed in and I think they took nine or ten more shots in the first half even though they were shooting under forty percent from the field. So make no mistake, I can't imagine coach lew Is happy even after a victory, because that's how it has to be. It's not about winning with style points. It's about playing the game the right way. It's about running through the tape and continuing to play hard, possession to possession. Clippers were fortunate in some ways. I'm not saying they got away with one because they're the ones that build up a twenty one point lead. They earned that lead, They earned the ability to play that poorly late and still come out with a victory. But you don't want to see a team back into a win like that. And what worries me most is how other teams could be licking their chops seeing the Clippers unravel and fall apart like that on a full core press. Now you can take the other side and say it's great, they got out of their system now and coach lou has this tape to look at, and so it gives them something to work on. That's the upside and that's valid. I just felt like the effort and the energy. There was some lifeless basketball being played, some unseerious basketball in the fourth quarter, and we don't normally say that about the Clippers.
Speaker 5: Well, have a moment.
Speaker 4: Let's pause ten seconds for station identification here on AM five seventy LS Sports, this.
Speaker 6: Is LA Clippers Basketball. AM five seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: I think this is a great comment and we'll take a time out here. Sheriff Og said, I am concerned about Done being the second ball handler come playoffs, terrible turnover star with him infected everyone else.
Speaker 5: He had some.
Speaker 4: Of those bad turnovers in the back court, like he had late in that game against Minnesota where he threw it right to Anthony Edwards. Dunn had a few instances of that in the first half another in the second half. I'm not picking on Chris Dunn, but he has to be better. He had five turnovers, Hard had six, Norm had four. Those guys cannot be turning the ball over like that because those are the ones you rely on.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Without KPJ, they were missing an extra ball handler. Without Terrence Man, you're missing one. But some of the Chris Dunn turnovers were very much of the head scratcher variety. And it's been a trend with him where he throws into the opposition as he's getting the ball up into.
Speaker 5: The front court. I don't like seeing that.
Speaker 4: Some warning signs in this game, maybe, but it gives the Clippers a chance to work on them while coming through with the victory. Still, he threw it to Davis for that dunk in the second quarter Trace Jackson. Davis just threw it right to him, and I think the book is out. This is why I still feel like, hey, you're looking at the guy if you're watching on YouTube or listening to the guy on a five seventy LA Sports that has been telling you, I think they need another playmaker. That's the priority over a four or backup big. Here's why, guys exhibit A the game tonight. They need another guy with on ball juice. We'll talk more about that coming up. This is Clippers Talk. I'm out of Maslin and you're listening to a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio network, best.
Speaker 7: Fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the hard radio.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Clippers pull through after things got dicey, These got sketchy late. It was a three point game with about three minutes left. Slippers hold on. They win one oh two to ninety two over the Golden State Warriors in a game where they led by twenty one in by nineteen hanging into the fourth quarter, and the Clippers had four points the first five minutes of the fourth. We were looking at a historically bad quarter. At one point, it was unbelievably bad. So they come through, they get the win, but you want to see better execution effort. I mean they had four points, guys, they had four points in the fourth quarter through till the four fifty four point thirty six mark, so we're talking like five and a half minutes, and they had scored four points and probably had already eight turnovers up to that point. They would end up with twelve turnovers in the fourth quarter. I'm not trying to be overly critical. I'm talking about stuff that can get you beat later on if you don't clean it up. Now they have a chance to clean it up. They can do that, and that is the positive. They looked tired at times, they looked disinterested at times in the fourth quarter, like oh, we're up nineteen Golden Stags's nef steph, We're good, we can park the bus. Is that what is called in soccer football?
Speaker 5: Sit it on a lead. They did. They escaped.
Speaker 4: They earned it because they got it by two one. But you don't want to see a team almost give it away. You don't want to see a team get exposed for maybe having a real flaw like that against a full court press. I'm telling you I have been talking about needing another ball handler as the number one priority for a while. Ryan Stemen and I were talking about it a couple of weeks ago. Everybody talks about powerfulward backup center. No, I'm more concerned about not having someone more surehanded with the basketball. I was hoping when things got a little bit testy in the fourth quarter, when there was some pushing in shoven.
Speaker 5: Remember when they pushed it in shove.
Speaker 4: It's the only love that that would light a fire and bring the competitive intensity back out of the Clippers. You had that play with pods flying it a mere coffee's knees. It wasn't intentional, but it was dangerous. It looked reckless. We called it the Draymond Green tribute on the air, That's what it looked like. I thought that might get more out of the Clippers, And look, part of it was just beats. The zoobots was getting doubled. They still should have got the ball to him more because he was passing out of it all right, And they finally did, and he was kind of that safety valve release for them when they needed some buckets late, when again they had four points almost six minutes in to the fourth quarter, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: That's historically bad.
Speaker 4: So if you're wondering, why oh Adams being overly harsh and just celebrate the wins like man, I'm looking ahead. I am looking at future games. I am looking at a team that is trying to build championship habits. That's what I care about. So yeah, I'm gonna be overly critical at times. When they win a ballgame and have a fourth quarter like this, I can criticize and also praise some of their work tonight. The third quarter was damn near masterful, but the fourth was a disaster, a disaster class. Yeah, if they traded for Calling Sexton, they probably have to give up man. Man is an asset. I don't want to see him go, but the Clippers have to look at everything. I don't think anybody should be off off the table in a year like this. And now we get the news that Kawhi Leonard is likely to be back depending on how the next week goes. But the target date is in according to the Lot Murray of the Athletic, they're targeting January fourth, the next time they're back here, add into a dome and they're taking on the Atlanta Hawks.
Speaker 5: If there's no setback.
Speaker 4: Between now and then, you would expect him to play. He's not going on the road trip because they play three and four, so they don't have time for practices, so he's gonna stay back here and practice with the G League team. Awesome, everything's trending the right way with Kawhi Leonard right now.
Speaker 5: Great to hear.
Speaker 4: Right nothing is set in stone because it depends on how his knee responds to these next practices. But if everything goes according to plan, according to Lotmuri of the Athletic, he's playing January fourth, and he'll you on a minister restriction, but that would be a side for sore eyes. Charles is saying Sexton is too small.
Speaker 5: He's six ' three. I understand.
Speaker 4: That's not you know, five ten, he's he's not CP three. Why did they call time out ten seconds into the fourth because Coach Lou said, oh, they're pressing and we're not ready for it, and they're about to have an eight second violation. That's a brilliant time out by coach Lou to try to get their attention right away. Did the guys execute No, But that's on them.
Speaker 5: Coach Loo did everything. He could.
Speaker 4: He told him how to break the press, Why would they not call time out? Then they're trying this is Coach Lou had the mindset and a sense of urgency out there that hey, we're gonna keep playing the right way through the end of this game. It wasn't oh, I better hold onto this time out in cases down to a three point game late. That's not how Coach Lou was trying to play it. It shouldn't have come down to that if the guys came out there and played the right way and understood what the Golden State Warriors were doing against them. But they didn't handle their ball pressure well at all, and Coach Lou saw it early and knew they had to do something about it.
Speaker 5: That's on the players. You can only teach him so much.
Speaker 4: Some of those turnovers, guys like had nothing to do with Coach Lou think he's telling him make those terrible passes. So, yeah, there's gonna be some accountability appreciation you Nick Ramos for the super chat. Mobama is a liability, he says, so he paid one ninety nine to.
Speaker 5: Get that.
Speaker 4: In all caps, Mobama does not looked good the last two weeks at all I thought he looked good the first two weeks back with the Clippers. Coach lu said, A practiced yesterday. He's still learning, he's still getting up to speed. He didn't plays so much early on the season, but Mobamas looked bad the last two weeks, no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: I hope he can turn around.
Speaker 4: I think he can because he looked good early on when he first came in, like he was playing with energy and motor when he first suited it up with the Clippers the first couple of games. I really liked what I saw. I said, Okay, he looks better than Mason Plumbley. That's all I need. Somebody that plays better than Mason Plumbley did last season. Ryan Rojas said Miller lost his confidence. I agree Jordan Miller. I think he is dealing with some confidence issues. He airballed to three in this one. He turned down some shots and he got ripped or had a turnover at the rim. Teams are scheming for him now they know what his strengths are. The scouting reports out. We'll take a quick time out. I'm out a Maslin. Clippers win tonight by ten over Golden State.
Speaker 5: This things got touched and go down the stretch, but.
Speaker 4: They pulled it through their eighth teen and thirteen on the season without Kawhi Leonard. More Clippers sock next coming up here on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Clippers win one O two to ninety two over the Golden State Warriors. Third victory over Golden State this season. First two were more impressive for a variety of reasons. Steph Curry and Draymond played in those. And then the fourth quarter with the Clippers almost having a monumental collapse leading by nineteen heading into it and it was down to a three point game with just minutes remaining. Huge three pointer and made by Norman Powell, a big floater from James Harden, some free throws.
Speaker 5: To DJ.
Speaker 4: I almost say DeAndre Jordan because when I think of alley oops, I think of Brandon Knight.
Speaker 5: And Ralph Lawler are on the call. Derek Jones Jr.
Speaker 4: With an aloop when the Clippers are actually able to break the press. One out of I don't know fifteen times, welcome back in. I'm out of Maslin. It's Clippers Tuck. Yeah, I'm looking for some postgame audio from coach Lou law Murray has the same twelve fourth quarter turnover number that I have. Two shot clock violations, guys like this was so brutal. I just I can't emphasize how poorly played that fourth quarter was.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know what I was watching.
Speaker 4: Tylu said postgame the Clippers have been working in practice on plays they run for Kawhi Leonard, so the team is up to speed when he comes back. Specifically mentioned the team's new players getting used, getting used, getting used to playing alongside him, new players getting used to playing alongside Kawhi Leonard. I want to see if he has any fire and brimstone for the way the Clippers entered this ball game, as we certainly have been talking about it. What was up with pods? He was taking the wrath of the wall, hearing into it. Tom, you guys were killing Brandon Pozzimski. Was it just the foul, the hard foul on a mere coffee? Was there something else that happened that I missed because you guys were letting him hear it.
Speaker 5: And I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: Impressive showing from Clipper Nation. The wall was loud once again. I don't think there was any free chicken one. But Golden State ended up instead of missing ten free throws like last time, they cut that in half and only missed five. But Golden State, they're actually the worst free throw shooting team in the league, and this is the toughest place to hit free throws at. Hear it into a dome thanks to Euclipper Nation. I understand not trying to be overly critical or pile on, but it is a storyline coming out of this game, just how poorly the Clippers played in the fourth quarter, and I do want to flip it a little bit and talk about some of the things that went well, Like I visa Zubats being featured early in the game. First play the game, he dunks on Trace Jackson Davis.
Speaker 5: He gets a floater.
Speaker 4: To make it thirteen to nine and and won with the right handed hook over Looney another right handed hook.
Speaker 5: He's got eight points in the first eight minutes. He was really good.
Speaker 4: I wish they featured Ai more in this game. He was my player to watch. He still finished with seventeen to eleven, but the Clippers were getting out rebounded in the first half by a pretty large margin as they were not cleaning the defensive glass. In fact, at the half, the Golden State Warriors had I want to say, eleven offensive rebounds, yes, it was eleven offensive rebounds. They got up forty nine shots in the first half, the Clippers forty. By the end of it, the rebounding numbers were forty seven to thirty nine because the fourth quarter ended up going against the Clippers in that area after they started to clean things up in the rebounding department, where after the third quarter it was only thirty six to thirty two, and the Clippers had five offensive rebounds in the third quarter compared to two make it three for the Golden State Warriors, so they were competing better there. But the fourth quarter Golden State got extra possessions out there again. And it's not easy to win a game where the opposition gets twenty more shots up than you.
Speaker 5: It's not easy.
Speaker 4: Here's how it happens. That same team that got twenty more shots up shot thirty seven percent from the field and eighteen percent from three. That was Golden State tonight, Clippers weren't great from three ten of thirty two, but the Golden State only hit one three in the second half.
Speaker 5: Maybe it was two.
Speaker 4: They hit one three in the second half. So wait, they're six of twenty one at the half.
Speaker 5: They finish, Oh.
Speaker 4: My goodness, one for their last what is that seventeen?
Speaker 5: And what is that thirty eight? Let me make sure our math is right here. It's hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were one for their last seventeen from three Golden State.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's fortunate. That's just not that.
Speaker 4: It's not only like great defense or Steph Curry not being there. That is a miserable, willfully bad shooting like stormtroopers type of night. Clippers are now fifth in the West. I need to check up, check out the standings. As normally, we would have our guy Daniel West with a Western Conference update in the final segment, but we're having technical issues. I can't hear them, so I'll have to do it tonight. But he'll be back on Monday night. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll talk about the stay of the Western Conference. After the Clippers improved to it should be.
Speaker 5: Eighteen and three. Why the seventeen and three.
Speaker 4: Come on ESPN standings update it. I'll have to go to NBA dot com.
Speaker 5: Why would I ever trust the evil four letter Clippers win one O.
Speaker 4: Two to ninety two over the Golden State Warriors. I'm at a Maslins and you're listening to Clippers stock. You're on a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 7: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 6: Take us with you wherever you are on the IHEARTRADIOP.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 5: I meant a Boslan.
Speaker 4: This is Clippers top post game after they win one O two to ninety two over the Golden State Warriors. Here at into a Dome, Home sweet home. We're on the season now. The Clippers are eleven and six at home after starting off losing their first four games, and I think they won nine straight. I get their eleventh victory their third against the Golden State Warriors, so they have the head to head tiebreaker. That is huge because there's still only what two games up on the Golden State Warriors. I think in the standings looking for a standings update here. Appreciate you guys. You know good help is hard to find here. ESPN dot com does not have the standings update yet, so I'll go to NBA dot com. Unfortunately, I can't get to your phone calls, and I do want to apologize for that tonight. It's just one of those things technical issues rarely ever happens. It's all good, though. You can get in on the chat side at Clippers Talk on YouTube. Everybody praised in the new Kawhi Leonard commercial, which I'm a big fan of. I've liked the new Balance commercials he has done the first one he did, or he's like playing the piano, he's playing like pantomiming the strings. That was That's probably my favorite basketball commercial in the last ten years. That was back in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, somewhere in there. So the Clippers are eighteen and thirteen and currently fifth, fifth in the West. Fifth eighteen and thirteen. Who are they above the Lakers who are seventeen and thirteen.
Speaker 5: You gotta like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, see, of course, still the pace car they're twenty four and five. So the Clippers are seven games back of the number one seed, but there are only three games back of the Houston Rockets, who are in the three spot. The problem is they've beatn the Clippers three times so far this season, so they have the tiebreaker.
Speaker 5: They still play them one more time. They are only two.
Speaker 4: Games back of the Dallas Mavericks, who are in the fourth spot. In case you were wondering, the Memphis Grizzlies are still in the two spot, who the Clippers beat last Monday. But the Clippers two games behind Dallas in that four spot. And unfortunately Luka Doncis is out for a significant amount of time with what a calf injury, something I think he has dealt with them in the past has kept him out of games. So look, I hate to see it, but the Clippers may have an opportunity here to make up some ground against Dallas, who they got the split with in the first two games they've played against them. Dallas, though I believe one earlier tonight, unless I'm mistaken because I didn't check back on that score. Yeah, ninety eight to eighty nine in Phoenix Without Luka Doncics, there's still a really good and deep ball club. So the people are saying Luca could be out for about a month. The Clippers need to uh make some hay there. They need to gain some grounds and get into a top four seed in the Western Conference. And when you look at the upcoming schedule for the Clippers, guys, I don't want to say it's favorable, but there are winnable games in there, like their next two on the road in New Orleans against a team that is just so beat up this season. They're the worst team in the Western Conference because of all the injuries. They're five and twenty seven, They're one to nine in their last ten games. They can they've lost nine in a row. They can't compete at times right now, don't overlook them. You have a couple of quarters like the Clippers had the fourth quarter. You will lose that game on Monday, but as a front end of a back to back, so even more important to get the jump on the Pelicans so you can be a little bit better rested for the game on New Year's Eve in San Antonio against the Spurs on Tuesday, then Thursday day off, New Year's Day. January second, they're taking on the OKC thunder Then they got a day off and that's on the road, by the way, and they're back January fourth taking on the Atlanta Hawks and law Murray of the Athletic has reported that is the target date for Kawhi Leonard's return. Huge that is, if everything goes well in practices like things have been so far, Yes, he can be back for that date. He will be, according to Law Murray of the Athletic, as long as there's no setbacks between now and then.
Speaker 5: So Coach Lou postgame.
Speaker 4: Did credit the team for keeping their composure late in the fourth quarters the Warriors trim.
Speaker 5: The lead from twenty one to three.
Speaker 4: Lou also created the Warriors ball pressure in the fourth for the Clippers turnovers. Quote in three days, I won't even remember how we won. It's a w So coach Lou is turned the page. I'm interested behind the scenes on what could be happening when it comes to film study on how bad that fourth quarter went, because coach Lou has been critical even it wins before, but this is one where maybe he is thinking about burning the tape in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Have I talked about Kawhi. Yes, I've talked about Kawhi. I had Law Murray on the pregame show. I think I've talked a ton about Kawhi. I did a show on Christmas Day about Kawhi Leonard what Santa Claus could look like when he returns.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Kawhi Leonard's first eight games back from the ACL, he was getting about eleven twelve points per game on eleven shots per game. He really took it easy at first and then started to hit the gas a little bit after a game against the Boston Celtics late in twenty twenty two in December where he had twenty five points. But first eight games he was shooting forty percent from the field. I think it was like fifteen percent from three when he first came back from the ACL. Like Kawhi, I expect him to start slow. I expect people to start making jokes immediately and saying he's washed or he's lost a step. We just heard from Jordan Miller yesterday. By the way of practicing, I don't think he's lost step at all. Talking about how good he has looked in the mid range, how difficult it is to defend him, because I've always said this, but Kawhi looks through defenders. You have a hand in his face, you're right there, and he still sticks those tough shot, perfectly defended shots in the mid range. That's who Kawhi is. That's his bread and butter. He's a forty seven percent career shooter from ten to sixteen feet out.
Speaker 5: That's elite.
Speaker 4: That's Jordan Esku really, so I have not talked to Kawhi outside of media day. One time, I was turning into the corner in the tunnel back at Crypto where the pregame media presser was and Kawhi was just coming from his pregame warm up session and he laughed and did the Kawhi laugh. He was laughing to something. He was talking to a trainer right in my ear. As I was turning the corner, he passed right by me and did the Kawhi laugh in my ear and that was a special pinch me type of moment because he is probably my favorite player in the NBA, like before he was a Clipper, because I just love guys. There are two way players like this and the way he elevates his game in the playoffs. I just want to see him be able to start and finish a playoff run, get healthy, claw they need him because he has another ball handle like him out here on the floor in the fourth quarter. Somebody that is pretty sound with taking care of the basketball. That would have helped. Of course, Clippers still come through. They win one oh soon or ninety two over the Golden State Warriors. And before we get out of here tonight on Clippers Talk, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Bryan Seaman, Noah Eagle. The impression he did of his dad and him having an argument, by the way, is must listen to or must watch video. I think Bleacher Report picked it up. It's got a few million views.
Speaker 5: On X check that out with NOA.
Speaker 4: Eagle, our guy who's been putting in big work the last week on the NFL side, including on Christmas Day, Carlojmenez putting in that work tonight hear it into it Dome. Great call, Carlo, Big thanks to big brother Jake Warner, our head engineer. It was good to see him again. Guy's been playing hurt for some time, not complaining. I complain more healthy than Big Bro complains with a fractured arm. But we're happy he's safe and he's back with us here. Also big thanks to the listeners, the chatters. I'm sorry we couldn't get your phone calls.
Speaker 5: We'll do it on Monday.
Speaker 4: We'll get to more phone calls on Monday as our guy Daniel West will be helping me screen them. Daniel West doing big work back in Burbank, our producer there. Thank you, Daniel. If you're saying anything in my ear, I can't hear you, but that's all good. We'll get it worked out on Monday until Monday with the Clippers in New Orleans. Take it on the Pelicans. Tip off at five pregame at four. I'm at a Mosland.
Speaker 5: We'll talk to you then.
Speaker 6: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every gain.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 6: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 2: Clippers Talk Baby