Speaker 1: What's up everybody. It's Cecily and Stephanie here right now. I I don't know why. I kind of did a know what that was. We're here to talk about for no reason. That voice is happening and kind of a muppet voice. It was a muppet. It started out like, I'm not even sure what it was like, maybe a little Brooklyn. Have you ever.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had to do a voiceover audition for like a character like that, like a cartoon?
Speaker 1: Yes, have you? I have not, but I would not be good at it. I mean, you feel so cringey inside. I had to do something for like it was an animated cartoon, it was like, oh, a little bite, it was like something, or your voice had to be really high mm hmmm. So basically it was just who's the woman that we don't like from Flood of the Concords? Kristin Shawl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, hi, like con, I'm good to see you.
Speaker 3: Are you doing a comedy show at the Virgil? You shall come to my comedy show. There's no reason to talk like that.
Speaker 1: And if you are going to talk like that, then you should address everyone in the room and not just the guy that you're talking to. Also, his girlfriend that he's holding hands with. Thank you. I do not appreciate that she is not a girl's girl.
Speaker 2: Okay, but if you were to go do an audition, you could do your impression at Kristin Shall and then you know, to get that voice back, because my problem would be they'd be like, okay, so do your character. Okay, your character. You're doing the sound of Raggedy Ann. And then I'd be like, have maggy Ann, you know. But then they'd go, okay, you book the part you're Raggedy Ann, and I'd be like, I don't know what voice I did. Now I'd do it totally different, with like a running runner, and they'd be like, no, no, it's not supposed to be like an old lady voice. And I go, I don't know, play it back for me. I guess tell me what I did. Do you know what I mean? Because it wouldn't be based on you.
Speaker 1: You regret about it. You're like, I don't know, I already have the part. Play back play, maybe do a play back like you have all the lingo and we turn up this tea. You're just like you're just so to everyone in the room. They're like, hey, man, I didn't even hire you. I'm just the sound guy, the levels guy. Yeah, can we get a little more like revert like in the base, like can you lower the truck? You know, I don't know what the word you guys tell me? Do your job. Well, it's just weird because in the original audition you're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, it's me, and now you're like, oh, let's me. We just want less of that.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys just raise it up. I mean, it's a I just make it, make it a match. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: It's just I actually I'm the talent. Can someone please I do need my dry cleaning picked up by SLF. It does close Truman Oaks, I'm so sorry. I know we're kind of a far away from that. I think I'll do better work if I know that's off the list.
Speaker 2: And then Mike Offerman is like, can you pick up your own.
Speaker 1: Stuff? He's there and the show.
Speaker 2: Nick Offerman's new job is just policing women who are to take up PA's on their offer to go pick stuff up.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, you why did that conversation begin? Why did this even start? I feel like this is my fault because I started with our voices.
Speaker 2: We started with doing a weird voice to open the show. Oh my god, my my face hurts right now from laughing.
Speaker 1: Can we take another we Okay, I'm gonna just have you do it all right, all right, Stephanie Wilder Taylor takes seven Raggedy ann all right, go ahead, just read the lines raggedy like youep, going one more? Please?
Speaker 2: My name's Raggedy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and stop it right there. If you do a take like a take two, they have to be the same kind of voice.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I did. I don't know what I did. I'm doing something different everything that's not what I do TIV Yeah, I don't. You're like, my brain does what it does.
Speaker 1: Like, I can't hold it back if it if it thinks, if it thinks that it's a different voice that Raggedy an should have, it changes it. That's not on me.
Speaker 2: Or in conclusion, if you're doing Kristin Shawl, you're gonna nail that shit every time.
Speaker 1: Oh but I have to start it with and just imagine her eyes and her face, and do also remember that I was on drugs. Oh that happened? Did you know that.
Speaker 2: Part or are you on.
Speaker 1: I'm a little embarrassed to say this because md yes, you had taken a little MDMA. It was like we'd been dating for a couple of months and it was back in the time. It was, you know, way before my heart surgery that done. I hadn't done it in a long time, and it was pretty mild. He'd gotten someone from somebody famous and we were like, let's just let's do it. And then we went for like a stroll in Largemont and we ran into her and it was freaking me out. But it's not like MDA. It doesn't make you you know. It wasn't like hallucinated. She wasn't like an elephant coming to me. I was feeling all lovey dovey, and she was killing the vibe. Yes, because she had a dress that I was there.
Speaker 2: No, that's rude.
Speaker 1: I didn't like her. Okay, So today we are talking about someone. A couple of people that we've talked about a lot lately, one being Lena Dunham is going to be part of this story. And we love her, even though I know that she can be sort of annoying. She's such a great writer and I fucking love love that she just weathers the storms. They the world was just calming for her, and she's like, whatever, yeah, I think that's awesome. So she famously dated Jack Antonov for a very very long time. The rumor was at the time that he was cheating, that he was sort of a notorious narcissistic cheater. Okay, you know, he's a musician. Whatever, and then she at one point thought maybe he was hooking up with Lord because he produced Lord's album and Lord would just be hanging around all the time, very young, a very young Lord, like nineteen eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and do we think that Do we think that story is true? Because I read it very possible. I read about it. It sounded it. And she says, well, I'll get to that because we have some articles. But she basically says that she wasn't even like paranoid about it. She didn't even know to be worried about it, right, because she trusted him.
Speaker 1: And she's, well, it's funny you say that, because that is talked about a lot in her in her show that she did called too much, and it's really a lot about how she was just kind of you know. She She's played by Megan's stalter, and it's a really good show. It's not it's not perfect. There are certainly things I would I could live without having seen. But it's she's pretty wild Lena Dunham, you know, like she's she will do anything for sex. Oh, Like she was wild and she did a lot of whatever. So the point of all that is that, Yeah, she started to start when she started gaining weight due to a lot of it was just that's just what she was, bigger boned. But then she had a medical issue that made her gain a lot of weight and she didn't you know, it wasn't her choice to gain hundreds of pounds, Like, it was terrible for her. She really had a tough time with that, on top of dating guys like Jack Antonov or probably any guy who's going to be eyeing always going to be around these really young skinny women in short shorts and now you know, in the music biz. So she just had to like deal with all that, and she puts all that in this show and she talks about like these whatever and then there's a Jack enough character who leaves her, who or makes her leave him. That's a very important thing. He's such a Dick that he she's like, okay, well I guess you don't want to be together, and he's like, oh my god, you ruin everything, like as the somehow basically made her the bad guy. And then so he ends up in the show with a Margaret quality type or could be sort of Lord meets Margaret quality, like a beautiful, self actualized woman, so more sort of Markaret quality. And then she she goes and lives her life. She moves to England and meets a guy and that's all kind of crazy, and she ended up marrying that guy in real life, and Lena Dunham did done. Yeah, so this is all based on true stories. And then we go back and forth and i'll make this part short. Sorry, Well, they get together in the thing as they did in real life, and it's really hard for Lena because she's always looking at her Instagram and she's so beautiful and so accomplished. And then her fantasy a little bit of a spoiler, but her big fantasy is like, one day she's gonna see what I see, Like, one day she Jack's gonna make it. She can't, she's not gonna be able to end up with him, and she's we're gonna sit down. In her fantasy, we're gonna sit down and talk about it. And in the show that happens, and it's great. It's just this great moment. She like tracks her down on Insta and was like like a drink and she's like, oh yeah, and that's how it all yet and then she's so beautiful. No, they talk and she says the Lena character says, like, I've been I've been praying for this day my entire life, Like this is all I think about. And then they sort of realized, like Pirl, the girl power of it all. Now on the other side, so Jack Ansonoff and Margaret Qualley did get together, they got married, and they have now split and people everybody's talking, but I would say Margaret's saying, nobody cheated. We love each other so much. It's not like that. So it kind of takes away some of the fun because apparently.
Speaker 2: Well it is something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they just broke up. Also, I've heard she's very difficult. I read a whole thing about her that she is very actressy, kind of not easy to always you know, really get along with. Yeah that's what. Yeah, yes, from a couple of different people. So do we go back a little bit and talk about the Lena of it all and how and what her breakup with Jack was, Like, yes, we have sound up on that. Okay, do you want to? I sent it to your text?
Speaker 2: Oh you did?
Speaker 1: Okay, I did.
Speaker 2: Let me play that just a moment. Here we go.
Speaker 1: So this is Lena on a talk show. I think she's talking to Jenna Bush. She's probably doing a book tour, Okay, seeing you know, some serious health issues, Like what was that like for you?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I think again, everybody knows what it's like to sort of have your first love and create a narrative about what that's going to be. And it's a super powerful, potent feeling. And unless someone is lucky enough to marry their seventh grade boyfriend, we all know what it's like to sort of have that dream come to an end and to grapple with that. Yeah, and so I just sort of wanted to bring that experience to the page. And I think that, you know, my experience of also losing my fertility around the same time, a lot of dreams came to an end. The amazing thing about life is it takes you where you need to go. And you know, we're both happily married now and really we're exactly where we need to be. And I have so much gratitude that he was there for me at that time in my life.
Speaker 1: To have a future like that come to an end. So okay, well that's not great. But okay, so she ran Okay, what you can say? Oh nothing, there's just another there's more interviews with her, but I don't know what that is, so go on, So I guess she's just being Yeah, so Lena and people started kind of raising eyebrows. I guess in the press. Anyone close to them knew there were issues in the marriage between Jack and Margaret. But he showed up to Taylor Swift's wedding. Of course he produced for those who don't know, he produced a lot of her stuff, and he showed up alone. So people are like, huh. And Dunham and Taylor became very good friends when Jack and Lina were together. This is hard to remember all these people. But so Lena was at the wedding as well. Okay, So somebody on Reddit posts anyone else curious how Lena Dunham's interactions with Jack Antonov went at Taylor's ridiculous wedding. Just seeing the news that there's been ongoing rumors that Jack and Margaret are no longer together. They're not and she didn't attend the wedding, immediately was thinking of that part in Lena's book, I guess, which we haven't read. She must have talked about in the book where she said that her and Jack always bring out a fun side of each other and are able to pick off where they left off. I don't care for Taylor. That's not me talking, And I think the wedding sounded absurd, But I'm rooting for Lena, and I hope she enjoyed her time. Okay, that's just so weird, that's so para social, Like, what do you care if Lena had a good time at taylor'ss wedding?
Speaker 2: Agree? And also, I don't think that Lena Dunham is going to be like, oh my god, he's back on the market. Okay, bye bye husband, Bye bye beautiful relationship. I always say good things about like we're done, will.
Speaker 1: You take me back? Of course not. She's very happily living in London. I believe it says I bet this deer clear of each other. The event had a thousand guests, and Lena has moved on and married. And someone said, I don't know. I heard from the book that they got the impression they were on friendly terms and would always exchange pleasantries, which is what I would believe too. So I don't think anything crazy happened. But I do know that Lina was pretty obsessed with the fact, with the Lord of it all and with the Margaret of it all. At the beginning, she felt kind of like shit. She not that she was so mad at Jack, but more that she felt like less then, because how can you not compare?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, yeah, that's under very understandable. Yeah, so okay, what else do we have on I have that she made some remarks about him in her memoir before the split news That was an article, so it says In The Girls creator's twenty twenty six memoir, Famesick Dunham recalled the music producer who she dated from twenty twelve to twenty to late twenty seventeen, spending a lot of time with an unnamed teen pop star. Okay, so this is the Lord story. So Dunham wrote in the book that she facetimed Antonov while visiting her grandmother.
Speaker 1: But he was.
Speaker 2: Quote he was in quote the recording studio in our apartment, where he was ensconced with a teen pop star. I was too oblivious to be jealous of. She claims that he spent his time locked in a room with a teen pop star whose needs seemed as massive and complex as my own, and who called me aunt Lena when I hobbled into the kitchen with my walker to grab another bottle of green tea. I think she's kind of being funny the opper like surgery, Oh okay, yeah, like a hysterect name.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, Dunham wrote that she came home from a doctor's appointment to allegedly find the woman sprawled across our sectional couch, weeping into jack lap as he told her that quote, your teens are for experimenting, in a tone so comforting it almost brought tears in my eyes. WHOA, she says, quote it had been so long since he'd spoken to me with that kind of expansive generosity, she recalled. And then it says, although Dunham never named the woman in question, fans suspected its Lord.
Speaker 1: We all knew that it was Lord. He was real name by the ways Ella Maurgia, Lana Yalik O'Connor. You know Lord, Yeah, basically so douche in the pictures, and he's always he's always portrayed to be duge into my I don't I don't care how nice she is about him. Now she's just being nice, but I don't know. That feels almost manipulative because she was not nice about him in this show. He's always portrayed as like a very whiny, neurotic, like narcissist.
Speaker 2: Listen to what he said, because it says he was. People were asking him a lot about if he was cheating, about the cheating rumors, and he says, quote, normally I would never address rumors. But I resent having the most important friendships and working relationships in my life reduced to dumb, heteronormative gossip. Oh oh dude, Lo says, Oh it gets worse. He says, those relationships are deeply important and sacred. With that said, I'm not seeing anyone lol.
Speaker 1: Lol. He added he wrote that.
Speaker 2: I guess he wrote it somewhere yeah lol.
Speaker 1: Yup.
Speaker 2: And then Lord shut down the allegations, telling fans on Instagram that she and Antonov were quote not dating, for the last time. I love him. He's awesome, but we're not dating please. Oh and this is interesting. In her memoir, Dunham revealed that Antonov allegedly threw her pain medication down the toilet after they got into the worst fight of their relationship. So, oh my god, this guy sounds awful, he says, she's she's saying that. They argued when she spoke to Antonov about her growing reliance on pain medication following her recent hysterectomy. At the time, Dunham wrote that Antonov's response, quote was to go to the bathroom and angrily flush all my pills down the toilet, which necessitated a call to the doctor and a late night trip to the pharmacy to get more so that I wouldn't go into withdrawal from any one of the drugs overnight. Like what an asshole?
Speaker 1: So controlling? Yes, So see that guy, I know, we all know that guy. Like what a what a? What a?
Speaker 2: What a?
Speaker 1: And it was weird. I was reading like these comments and someone on Reddit at one point a couple of days ago was like, oh my god, everyone should go see the movie Lurker. It's about him. So I told I was telling Stephanie immediately went to HBO, which is where you can watch it, and it's terrible. I can't watch it. I don't understand why. It's like an indie film and it's so artsy, like it's trying so hard to be It's like it reminds me of that movie about the Weekend. Remember when the Weekend tried to make his own movie. Yes, Like, sometimes he's really doing something here that I'm not on board with, but it was clearly supposed to be him. Like this guy is just like he works at a store, but then like a superstar comes zon and he's like, I can produce your beats, man, I can make you sound really good. And he's just like this scrawny little dude. He's just such a starfucker in so many ways. He has put out good music. But remember he ruined the band Fun Fun with a period a few end period. Yeah, you know they have the song we Yah, yes, yes, yes, Okay. So because he wasn't the lead singer. I think he played drums or something maybe or whatever he played, he wanted to be the lead and they're like, well we kind of already have a lead. So he quit the band. They're like, you know, he has other bands that are really good. I do like his music. I'm not gonna lie about that. I think he's very talented.
Speaker 2: Well, he and Margaret quality are separate, you know, are getting divorced, And it says she says, here's the reason that their relationship had been rocky. Also understand they were only together for three years, right, that is a pretty short amount of time to be married, so it had to have been pretty bad. Yeah, She says Jack could be very particular about how he liked things. He'd often prefer things to be done the way he thought was best, and Margaret didn't always feel like her perspective was being heard or given the same weight. I mean, obviously to the point I mean where she left right, like throwing your girlfriend's pain meds down the toilet because you're like, fuck that, you're getting too reliant on these, so just suffer through withdrawal, bil Yeah, could kill her. Communication was definitely a challenge between him and Margaret. And then it says a source confirmed describing their relationship this rocky and noted, they're figuring things out, but they're they're splitting up.
Speaker 1: But oh, they're definitely splitting up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, Margaret Quality's rep is saying there was no infidelity, that's right.
Speaker 1: I don't buy it. I think I don't know that he cheated on her. I don't think he necessarily cheated on her. I think he knows what he had in this, like beautiful model actress. He probably was just being very controlling. I see more of like a Jonah Hill type thing where it's like, you can't why are you wearing that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I see more of that happening, and she's like, what this is? My guess? You know what I'm saying. I don't think he'd cheat on her.
Speaker 2: Well, he sounds like a cheater if he was letting, if he had lord on his lap, crying into his balls about.
Speaker 1: And he was like had a teen? How fucked up? Is that appropriate? And crazy? Yeah, here's something Mark re Qually's awkward comment. Let's see what this is. I don't know yet, so we're just finding out in real time. Okay, it's just a person talking, but her cold reaction to a question about Taylor Swift's music, apparently she was promoting something. They're gonna make us work for it because it's just a guy talking. Just show us the words. Oh you mean produced for Taylor for years. Perhaps you heard she's got.
Speaker 2: A new album that's coming out.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us anything about it.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything, but I'll be excited to listen to music.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's not very smart. I'm just going to tell you that right now. I'm looking at it. It's not it was not a match. No.
Speaker 2: But in February, Margaret Qualley briefly gushed about married life. I love my husband, my family, I love dancing and horses. I love the moon.
Speaker 1: Is not say that.
Speaker 2: I love listening to Tara Brock and books on tape and anything. Jack writes. She told Vanity ferres and horses and yes she did, Yes she did. She also mentioned that she has quote always been very love oriented, saying, I've always been looking for my person and I met Jack. That was in February. Yeah, I don't she's reading.
Speaker 1: She reminds me of her mom, Andy mcdowan's her mother, don't forget, and she has very similar and Andy. You know, whether Andy was an intelligent person or not, I'm sure she was smarter than she was an actress. I mean, she was a terrible actress. Who there's no reason in the world, and Margaret's not. She's actually very talented. But I think Andy like ruined so many mood I mean, like literally ruined the movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was really bad in Green Card. Oh what was the one? Was it FORO? Weddings and a Funeral? Oh my god? What she had that line?
Speaker 1: Oh you know story it's raining and she goes, is it raining?
Speaker 2: I had not noticed? Yeah, that was the worst.
Speaker 1: Is it raining? And then also in Santama's Fire when Emilio Estavis is in love with her and she's like, I don't know why you latin me. I steal magazines from my dan to his office. He's the worst actress. So I'm starting I think if you can't pull it off, then you're probably not that bright, if you just don't really even understand the dialogue. And right, Margaret, you know agree, well, seems very pretty though, so we gave it a shot, and maybe he got controlling or annoyed and it's things don't work out. Yep, Well we wish them the best.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, thank you everybody, and we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and listen, don't get mad if Margaret quality. If you're listening because we did talk about horses only in terms of the fact that you love them.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you're a horse girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, bye, but don't get mad. We love horses too and we think you're beautiful. Keep it going, okay,