Speaker 1: It's a woman in white story. It's directly tied to my family. There was a knock at the door, my uncle answered it, and there's nobody there. The next night there's a knock on the door, and my great grandmother she answered the door, and she said that it felt like the wind cut through her and went into the house. But again nobody was there. The night my grandma died, my mom was driving back to their house. If he is driving through these rural back roads in eastern Kentucky, she describes it as there was a olive skinned Native American woman with long jet black hair standing in the middle of the road. She said that she's only in a white dress and that she didn't even react to like almost getting hit by a car. And she said, the woman just like steps back and is enveloped into this fog.
Speaker 2: This is Bigfoot Crossroads. My name is Matt and joining me is John Taylor. John is a newfound friend and host of the YouTube channel The Other Side, where he talks about all kinds of creepy and strange and serial killer goodness, stuff that I like, stuff that I'm into. John, Thanks for joining.
Speaker 1: Me, Hey, I really appreciate you. Man. I'm super excited to be on.
Speaker 2: Her first off. I don't know if you're prepared to talk about this or not, but you mentioned something already in conversation that I wanted to hear about. You have a story about Appell Crawl.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yes, and no, it's not my story, but it is a story I have. So one of the first YouTube videos I ever made, it was from a reddit post on the rs slash Crawler's subreddit. This woman had gone to Red River Gorge in Kentucky. She was hiking around with her family and everything like that. They decided to camp overnight, and through sheer coincidence I guess, they encountered another lady on the trail at night, which is very strange. It kind of freaked them out a little bit, and they thought maybe this lady was good rob I'm gonna stab them whatever. So they started looking around the camp site and they saw this crawler in Red River Gorge. Now how true that story is was posted on read it. I don't know. She drew a sketch of it that you could find pretty easily. But I put that video out there in twenty twenty three just to make content. I got really bored. But I got a really weird email at the beginning of this year related to that. Some guy who I don't know truly, I've never metamor talk to him in person. He said to be an email that he had gone out to Red River Gorge and he, you know, he was gonna find whatever the hell this thing was, if I remember correctly, like he was ready to camp overnight. He brought a hammock and like a knife and found this really weird arrangement of stuff. And I don't I'm trying to pull up the picture and I don't know where it's at on my computer, but it was like a weird spiral of bones, like they were purposely set out there, and he thought that was really weird.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: As he kept going through the woods, he heard a channing sound, which, like, I'm from southeastern Kentucky, I've heard stories about people hearing channing and in caves and in the woods all the time, Like my own uncle told the stories like that growing up. So I'm like, oh, you're probably down there with like some weird cult or something whatever. So he gets closer and closer to this channing and there's people in a cave at Red River Gorge dancering around a fire channing doing weird shit, and he said that it looked like there was a person on like a stone slab in the middle of the room. And then he turns around and he sees what I'm going to assume is the same pale crawler in the trees, and he dips out of there. So now there's two accounts in Red River Gorge of this. I don't know how true these stories are, but I enjoy them. Crawler stories are starting to pop up more and more where I'm from in Kentucky, so you know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: So did you grow up with an interest in this stuff? How did this whole thing get started for you?
Speaker 1: So, like I was a weird kid. I was born with heart problems, so like I immediately like died when I was born, and I've died three other times and I've had to have a ton of heart surgeries, damn. So it wasn't very very outdoorsy. I was a book kid. I watched a lot of History Channel, and that's when like monster quests and everything came on. So like I would watch those videos and read books about it, you know, birth of the Internet there were angel fire pages and right, so I'd go through all of that, But like I grew up here in one specific story, but a bunch of spooky stories from like my mom and my grandparents that just made me interested in it. I feel like I'm like Molder from the X Files. I've not seen a lot of things, but I want to believe in it and the things that have happened. Like I didn't see a ghost, I didn't see a dog man or anything, but enough weird stuff happened that I feel like it falls in the realm.
Speaker 2: What was the one story that you heard? What was it something your family experienced?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a it's a woman in white story, but it's like it's directly tied to my family. My let's see my great great great grandmother. She was like straight American. Her family was straight out of the Blackfoot Confederacy, moved across the United States somehow ended up in Harlan, Kentucky, and she was apparently spiritual in a Native American way. She didn't go to regular church or anything else. She believed in spirit guides, She made dream catchers, She did what I assume is traditional Native American spiritual practices right, and she folded everyone in our family. And I've never met her. This has been passed down that whenever they died and it was their time, she was going to be the person to come cross us over. So the story I was always told was that she comes three days in a row. The first two days are kind of get your shit together, and then the third day she takes you to whatever is on the other side of life, which is where my YouTube channel name came from. My grandmother was like the only person that still practiced like her. She was kind of weird about that. She did Native American things, even though like if she broke an arm, she'd glow in the dark. She was so white, and she had cancer when I was a little kid that led to her passing away. So three days before she passed away at nine PM, and multiple people in my family that are now dead and a few that are alive can verify this, there was a knock at the door. My uncle answered it and there's nobody there. Everybody thought, Okay, it's weird, somebody's playing a prank.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: The next night, there's a knock on the door and my great grandmother she answered the door and she said that it felt like the wind cut through her and went into the house, like it was, you know, funneled into the door. But again nobody was there. The night my grandma died, my mom was driving back to their house. And she always tries to like brush this off as her being tired because at the time she was going to college to get her teaching degree. She was student teaching, and then she was working like a full shift at Walmart in the afternoons or at night. So she had just gotten out of class and she was headed home. It was eight eight thirty at night as she is driving through these rural back roads in eastern Kentucky. The way she describes it isn't like she drove into a fog. It's she's driving and like it just appears in front of her. She didn't see it beforehand. So she's going in this fog. She rounds a corner and swears that she sees a person. She doesn't get a good look at him. She like slams on her brakes and she's waiting to hit the person. When she looks up, there's nobody there. So she's like, I'm tired, I don't know what's going on, I'm gonna keep going. So she keeps driving, and eventually she's two curves before my grandmother's house. She going around one curve and she thinks that she sees somebody right when the road goes straight, she's not sure. She thinks she's still tired, so she doesn't hit the bikes, and as she gets closer and closer to whatever is in the road, she said, it be comes more real when she eventually slams on her brakes because she thinks she's gonna hit somebody. She describes it as there was a olive skinned Native American woman with long jet black hair standing in the middle of the road. She said that she's only in a white dress and that she didn't even react to like almost getting hit by a car. So my mom is like locked eyes with this lady for a few seconds, and she said, the woman just like steps back and is enveloped into this fog. Again. She thinks she's crazy. She doesn't know what's going on. So she drives, you know, the few hundred yards that are left to my grandma's house, and like walks into a shit show before she can say anything, like the hospice nurses are jumping around, machines are making noises, like I assume my grandmother coated, but like, there's a bunch of people in the house trying to figure out what's going on. And in the middle of all of this, there's a knock at the door. So my grandpa, as far as I know, he didn't believe in ghosts. He was a very serious person. And he's like, that's those kids knucking on the doors again. We're waiting on the ambulance to get here. We know they're not here because the windows are open, right, so they don't answer the door. When he basically says, ignore that the front door and the back door, which is by the kitchen, but you could probably see through each door if they're both open. They're all locked and chained. They blow open to the point that they put holes in the drywall. And it's middle of June at this point. All of the people there said it got so cold that they could see their breath, and that is when my grandmother flatlined. Wow, as she flat lines fully passes away, they said all the cold air left the house. So I grew up here in that story from multiple people's perspectives that were there, and I always kind of thought they were full of shit until twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, I had just moved to start law school, and I had gone back home to get some things, and my mom had just gotten like a big fancy printer so she could scan all of her photos and upload them, so like I could have a copy of any photo I wanted. So about five years ago, as we're going through these photos, uh, my mom like deflated, She like hit the floor, like slid out of her chair and was on the ground crying. After I was able to calm her down, she like pulls up this picture and she like, this is the woman I saw the night my mom died. And it's the only photo that we had of my great great great grandmother who was supposed to be super Native American. And she says that's what she saw or that's who she saw in the middle of the road. Wow, that story got me into spooky things. Five years ago when that happened, that's when I kind of was like, Okay, there's probably more to this. Let me let me jump into it. Change my YouTube channel from what it is to this and see what I can figure it out. Figure out. And I mean by this point. I have a mediocre YouTube channel. I'm a teacher, but I run the paranormal club at my school, and a bunch of weird things happens with that. But we've been able to bring in ghost hunters to work with the kids. So it's led me down a weird path, but it's been kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the paranormal club. We talked a little bit about that, but what does a paranormal club do in school?
Speaker 1: Exactly in my interview at the school, they said, hey, you're going to have to design a club because our kids are low income. They don't have a lot of things to do, so it needs to be something with a low barrier to entry that you think that they would enjoy that doesn't really require a lot of preparation. And being close to Cincinnati, where I've moved to to teach, you know, I drove by Bobby Mackie's weekly, so I was like, well, do a ghost club. The literacy rates at my school were very low, so I thought, you know, these kids are reading on a third and fourth grade level in eighth grade. Ghost stories aren't necessarily the most complex stories, but you know, getting them to read more is better than them not reading at all. Yeah, but what we started doing was, you know, just reading local stories. We would read about Bobby Mackie's. We would read about some house in Newport, Kentucky that has a ghost, lady lady in white or something like that, I can't think of it, Cincinnati Music Hall. We would just read about this stuff. More kids got interested to the point that the school decided to make clubs part of the daytime curriculum. So once a month, instead of us going to like home room, we went to clubs for about forty five minutes. And out of the two hundred and I think it was like two hundred and fifty six kids that were eligible to be in clubs, I had one hundred and sixty.
Speaker 2: Wow, which was awful.
Speaker 1: It was a mess. But what I ended up doing was, Hey, some of these kids, they don't want to read ghost stories. So I went and bought a spirit box. So I had them go into another room because we're in the library, there's multiple rooms there. Had them go into a done room and mess with a spirit box. Had them go into the esports room because there's a giant table there and they would try to use a pendulum or something, which some people were upset about that instead it was witchcraft, and my response was, most of these kids can't spell witchcraft. I don't think they're going to be practicing it. We kept doing some different things. Eventually I watched the documentary series Hellier, which has a very weird connection to my school as well that I can get into in a minute. But I saw them doing the Estus method in that, which I thought that might be a lot easier than a bunch of kids all yelling at a spirit box at the same time. So I got a few more spear boxes. We got some technically, we got the esports headphones connected those, and the kids are super into it. Kids that would never even look at a history book or go to the library have gone and gotten library memberships, and one of them actually taught to me. Today. They're researching names that we've gotten through spirit boxes or EDP sessions, and so the names we've gotten, we've gotten Stan, which I don't want to give out the last name, because we found one Stan's ex wife's family and Stan's brother and had them listen listen to a spearbox session, and then they put on the headphones and they said it sounded just like him. So we were able to find a stand with connections to the school.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The reason we found him is because his ashes were spread were realistically they're spread right outside of my classroom because that was one of his favorite spots on campus. I hate that. Let's see, we kept getting Stephen Sarah, which is weird. It's all s names. There is a local legend about a girl in a blue dress, and we've gotten that full sentence before on EVP. I'll have to find that. You know, they're asking who are you?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: What do we know you as? And we got that response. Lights have gone on and off night. Janitors have seen full body apparitions. We've had psychic I've had psychics come to the school. I'm not gonna say we because the school does not approve of it. I've had psychics come to the school and professional ghost hunting teams to lead ghost hunts during like after school events. Every year we have a after problem celebration. We do fifty thousand things and one of them is a giant ghost hunt. But every year something weird happens. We've bought brought in different groups of ghost hunters and they've all gotten the same name, which is bid them again. Didn't know what that was until the hell Your people came out with a documentary about on an object they have called the Krone, which apparently the thing in that what it demon whatever it was called bit them. That's not even the most important part of all of this though. In my free time I try to help out however I can at the school, So over the summers, I go in and I helped make sure, you know, the janitors don't need any help. I've helped them scrab the hallways, rearrange rooms, whatever, and I typically listen to podcast while I'm doing that. So last year I was scrubbing the floors with them, and I was listening to the Two Girls One Ghost podcast that had the new Kirks who created Hellier and the Unbinding on it, and they were talking about this blade that they had. It was associated with some cult I don't remember what one. Greg Newkirk was trying to put it in a candle and ends up slicing his hand open and his blood got on some other haunted object. Either way, it doesn't sound good. It sounds like the beginning of a Richmond Yeah whoops yeah, oopsie poopsie we're haunted now, so they go to the hospital. When they're at the hospital, his wife's like, hey, the moment you yelled at me, I got a strange phone call. I didn't answer it, and they play the voicemail on on that podcast and it's like a bunch of whispering is real weird, Like five six people are talking at the same time, and then it's like a really chipper like goodbye, and it hangs up. So in my head, I'm like, wow, that'soo. He still scrubbing the floor. And they're like, it's weird because the phone call was from a school, and I was like, huh, I'm at a school right now. It's like in the other weird thing is like it's a school near me, and I'm like, holy shit, I'm in a school near them. And then uh, They're like, the weird part is that the phone call it came from a street named I really don't want to dos my school, but the name of the street is associated with like their investigation into Pam and droom Man and their whole hell year Goblin investigation. I was like, damn it, it's my school. Sure as shit. They go into a little bit more detail and like that is one thousand percent my school.
Speaker 2: Wow right.
Speaker 1: I sent them like a whole crackhead email. They responded and they're like, hey, we'll talk to you at some point about this. We're busy. They've not gotten back to the we'll talk to you about this, but at least they know about it. It's probably the longest email I've ever written in my entire life.
Speaker 2: PS, Guys, I think we could be really good friends. I feel like I yeah, I've sent those emails before.
Speaker 1: Yes, technically your neighbor. Do you want to go get taco belt together and speak about this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But my score was apparently haunted and the modern day ghostbusters are connected to.
Speaker 2: It, So was there any like lore at the school? Previous to the paranormal club that you know about.
Speaker 1: There was a janitor that had been there for a while and he he's the first person that told me about the girl in the blue dress because he had seen her on multiple occasions. It's a little twelve year old girl at most that she walks around. She has a blue dress on allegedly the second story staircase, she leaned over the side and fell and broke her neck and died on impact. Because the second floor is not very high, so I don't know how really you die unless you land on your head. But he had seen her before. Before the paranormal Club. I became friends with the band teacher, and he would hear disembodied voices in the band room, which is really weird because it's like completely soundproof. You can't hear anything on the outside, but he would hear voices in that room when nobody's there. I've actually been in that room with him talking to him, and like something will hit the symbols and I'm not gonna lie. It's the highest I've ever jumped in my entire life. I would break Olympic records if it happened again, but there was nothing by the drums. Back in the day, Northern Kentucky flooded pretty horrifically. I think it was like nineteen nineteen thirty something. A giant flood happened. Like technically the school was built on top of houses that were just bulldozed into their basement. But the people that lived there during the flood, I don't know if they died in the flood, but they sure as hell went missing and they weren't found after that granted, record keeping in the nineteen thirties was not the best, but most likely they passed away there. I mean, we're right by the Ohio River, so you know, if you believe in you know, connections between running water and the pair normal, there's that also nearby. The oldest account of something strange I've been able to find is allegedly the local Native Americans ran a nefhel like a biblical giant, out onto an island that was in the middle of the Ohio River and they killed it there. And don't know where the hell that island is because the water levels have risen. But like there's just the history of weird, weird stuff in that area. Plus like parents, former principals, uh school board members, students, I'm I'm the weird guy now, so they'll come tell me their stories. The former principal has a UFO sighting from when he was a kid that was investigated by Jay Allen Heineck with Project Blue Book. So like there's that on the banks of the river. Kids claim that there's dogmen in the woods in Windygoes. There's been a handful of bigfoot fightings in the area of Bigfoot, you know, swimming across the Ohio River, bigfood walking across the street because it's it's heavily populated, but like, there's decent amounts of light woods in the area. I'm not too sure a bigfoot could really live there, but they claim it's there. And then there's a pig lady that that story goes back to, like the nineteen forties that's seen in the area.
Speaker 2: A pig lady. Okay, what's the story with the pig lady. I've never heard of a pig lady before.
Speaker 1: I didn't know about this until the first time. I had the tension and the kids that were in there were like, you're the weird guy. Let me tell you his story. There's like four different stories, but like the veryon that has the most elements of all of those, that seems like it's probably the closest to whatever the truth is. Is that this woman was walking down I think it's Route eight in Kentucky when she was either hit by a car or shoved out of a car if she wasn't walking, and getting hit by the car thrown out of the car led to her hitting her head. And story A is that she hit her head and she passed away immediately and she was eaten by pigs and she came back together as some hog lady. And the other story is that she hit her head. A local farmer went and you know, rescued her and because she was so disfigured, he cut the head of a pig off of and put it on her face.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 1: Both of them just sound like urban legends, but the people that I talked to they seem to believe it. Kids, but like jumors and seniors, they will go out and do like hog woman hunts through the woods and they'll follow the railroad tracks to like the deep woods because that's probably the easiest way to get back there, and like they have pig calls and everything trying to finder. Every year they come back with stories. Some kids say that they saw somebody in the woods that could be her. That's where they came back with a wind to go siding that something came at them on all fours and that stood up and ran at them. But people in that area seem to believe it.
Speaker 2: So it's just one of those places where there's just a bunch of weird shit happening all the time.
Speaker 1: There's just so much weird lore in the area, and you really wouldn't think it. You're just like, oh, this town's you know, if it's just you know, a plane, because it's super small, it's like two miles wide. It's just like a liberal town near the Ohio River. But what everybody has a story of something.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many schools out there are on it, or how stories of being on it, because my high school was pretty famous locally being haunted. There was a band director that had a heart attack during a performance. I think it was an after school performance. I don't think it was during the day, but he was literally like up there, and I think the story was that they were performing a song called bring Me Sweet Death or something like that, something very yeah, something very fitting, and he died right there on the spot of a heart attack in the auditorium. And I was heavily involved in stagecraft and all that stuff. I ran sound for the school, so I would spend a lot of time in that auditorium by myself, and it definitely had a vibe to it. I never experienced anything other than you know, strange noises that big empty auditoriums make occasionally, but there were a few people that said they saw stuff every now and then. And then there was a bass spent level to the school that was supposedly haunted, and again it was also very creepy, but the area of it that was haunted, they had converted part of it into a kind of like a batting cage area for the baseball team to practice in. And it was a very unassuming door. There was no windows on the door or anything. You had to have a key togain there. I only went in there one time, but you like unlock it and it's just this big empty room and they had hung up you know, nets and stuff for the batting practice, but there was no windows or anything. Like I said, it was the basement floor and so like, yeah, the kids would you know, turn the lights off and try to scare one another. And then there was another story about a phantom car that would drive down the street behind the school and pull into the back parking lot and circle the back parking lot and then kind of fade away as it drove out of the parking lot. And I think it was like an old Mustang or something like that. But I never saw that stuff either, But the stories were cool, and uh, yeah, it's just weird because you whenever you think about the theories behind how places are haunted, a school doesn't really seem like a place that would be haunted all that often, but you hear lots of these stories.
Speaker 1: There's enough weird things with schools to the point that like, so my wife's a teacher and my mom's a teacher. People in their districts and other districts around me have been like, hey, like would you bring your stuff in? And like we walk around because this happened. This happened, you know, Billy Sue said that he saw somebody hanging from a rope in you know, the uh whatever, I'm gonna have strict the locker room, and nobody knows, but a long time ago, when the school was first being built, somebody's snow and hung themselves in there. We try to keep it hush hush, or like, there's so much weird stuff that now gets filtered to me because of my job that like, there's probably fifteen fifteen schools I could go into right now across Kentucky because some of them are in southeastern Kentucky central Kentucky that have all asked me like, hey, could you come in and tell us what's going on. I like to think that because there's so many people there, it's like a battery or like a charging station for ghost and maybe some of these kids are like lighthouses for them or beacons a light, like, hey, I'm putting off the energy. Come here, and then they just stay because they can, you know, absorb that energy or whatever. And that that's an idea that kind of has stuck with me for a while. One of my first jobs, I worked at a movie theater that was supposed to be haunted, and nothing really happened to me. But like there's a guy that claimed he got abducted by aliens, and like that was one of the things he said. He's like, oh, it happened here because so many people come here and there's so many emotions and there's so many, you know, so much activity here during the day that something supernatural can just feed off of it. I don't know if that's true or not. I mean, Zach Began's could say it, and I definitely wouldn't believe it, but I like to think it's real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just thinking the same sort of line of thought as that while we were talking about how you know, over the years, you have so many kids that come and go, and a lot of them are going through puberty. A lot of them are, you know, dealing with things home and keeping them to themselves whenever they come to school, but still thinking about lots of emotions and stuff, all sorts of things going on. And maybe that is some sort of magnet or you know, energy thing that these things feed off of. And the same thing could be true about, you know, all the kids going out there looking for the pig woman or the hog lady or whatever her name is. They might they might be yeah, they might be manifesting their own encounters.
Speaker 1: Somehow I got pulled into this. End of October in twenty twenty three, a six year old girl told her parents that, and this is how she phrased it, the black man hanging from her ceiling is scaring her at night. So I spoke to them, and I ended up speaking to the kid like, what do you mean that black man? Does he look black like you know this person insert Donald Glover whoever, or like black is in a shadow? And she said it was like a shadow, So like, what do you mean he's hanging from your ceiling? Is he hanging from something, and in my head, I'm like, they're gonna be hanging from a news uh. And what she said is significantly worse. She said that this guy that's on her ceiling had his feet on the wall and his hands on the ceiling, and he'd turn his head so he could stare at her.
Speaker 2: Nope, huh huh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The parents are like, what do we do? I'm like, you burned down the house?
Speaker 2: Yeap, what do you mean when you do?
Speaker 1: I gave probably the worst horror movie dad advice ever of talk to him next time, see what he wants, and see who he is. The next day they called me and the little girl said his name is Ryan Hill and he fell through the ice and drowned in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And this isn't South, this isn't Southeastern Kentucky. And I was like, did you ask him what he wanted? And she's like, yeah, he wants help crossing over. Like again, most stereotypical horror movie shit I have ever seen. I tried to do some research. I couldn't find much. My law school connections are still there and they have access to a lot of databases, so I was like, hey, can you find me a Ryan Hill? That drowned in Minnesota, that fell through the ice thirty minutes later. But like, here's the Ryan Hill he died on this day he fell through the ice in Minnesota. Like cool, Send me as much as you can through that. I was able to find an obituary in a photo, so we got together. We got like six or eight photos of random white guys and put this guy's photo in the middle of it. And I was like, hey, that guy, does he look like any of these? And she pointed like straight at the obituary photo. Was she like, i' Sam, I don't know.
Speaker 2: How do you explain that.
Speaker 1: They're in southeastern Kentucky. This person died in Minnesota. The only connection I found is the oldest map I was able to find to that area was from nineteen thirty seven where their house is, and it's on top of like a limestone and karst bed because that's where the mines that were in the area we're looking for in that time period. And like places, there's other places that are super haunted that are like that, like the Belwich Farm in Adams, Tennessee. So I'm like, maybe this is a ghost lighthouse. I don't know. Man, The last time I checked up on them. I you know, I don't know what to do. I was like, hey, here's a spiritualist. She might be able to help you. I would just be like, hey, I'm six, I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey man.
Speaker 1: Last time I checked up on him, which was a couple months ago, they haven't seen him. Apparently he has moved on. Now this girl's Quinn brother, which they're now, what's eight. He apparently sees shadow figures looking in from the hallway that are his size. So still still researching that. But uh, I don't know. There's just weird. Weird stuff finds their way to me.
Speaker 2: So what's your favorite case or even topic, like what's your thing that you're into.
Speaker 1: I would say the thing I'm into the most, just because i've seen one is like UFOs, Like it is most likely not alien it's most likely government stuff. When I was thirteen, so maybe a little bit less than fifteen years ago, I don't have enough fingers for this math. Me. My stepdad was a truck driver, so like we went across the country and we were I know, we were close to Roswell, uh because I wanted to go and they don't let semi trucks into like down Main Street in Roswell because it's so small. But we were driving down the Understate. I was like, look there's a UFO. Look look look he looked up. He goes there's an UFO. He like he doesn't believe it. Anything. A ghost could appear in front of him and disappear and he'd be like, ah, magicians, like I felt like, but he saw was UFO, So like I was amped. I'm like, somebody else saw it, and it was just like a translucent triangle. It eventually like blinked, blinked, disappeared. Maybe my eyes unfocused, I don't know. And the thing that like solidified that for me is we went to a fly in Jay truck stop like thirty minutes down the road, and our waitress is like, what's wrong. He's like, I swear to god we saw UFO. And she's like, give me a second, and she came back with like an old polaroid. It looked exactly like what we saw, except that picture was taken at night. And I was like, yeah, that's it and my set that's like other people see and she's like, yeah, the people that just walked out, they said they saw it too. People see it all the time. Don't know what it is. I mean, most likely military aircraft. If I had to guess, I'm not gonna say it's little Green men. But UFO stories geeked me out, especially because like I'm close enough to go to right pat and go to the Air Force Museum and be like, Ah, that's the UFO from this episode of X Files because it's finally been declassified.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. A polaroid though, Like, you can't fake a polaroid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean at that point, she could have drew it and crayon, and I think I'd still freak out, like.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's it. Yeah. I don't know what to think about the UFO stuff. I've seen, like one thing during the day with my cousin that I can't explain. Back whenever I was like sixteen, and then I saw some strange lights that I still don't have an explanation for that was just really bizarre. Whenever I it's probably about a year before that actually, but the strange lights that I saw. The weirdest thing about that is me and my buddy were staying at my family's lake house and he was into UFO stuff. I wasn't at that time. I was always into ghost stuff. But he was just like, hey, let's go look for UFOs, just like you can't just go look for UFOs. What are you talking about? And then we yeah, and then we went and saw UFOs and I was like, what the hell is going on? And we went the the lake house that we were staying in and where we were at was probably a quarter mile away, and we walked all the way back to the house, got a cassette recorder because that's like all we had at the time to document anything with. And we took the cassette recorder back down there and described what was going on. And they were still there, so like I don't know how, I don't know how much time that took, but you know, so like if it was airplanes or something like, why would they still be there?
Speaker 1: And what's the Can you give a general location of.
Speaker 2: That northeastern Oklahoma? Like around the closest town is going to be a place called Prior, Oklahoma in like Lake Hudson, Grand Lake area, and there's like a some sort back then. Things have changed now, but at the time I do know that there was some sort of military base up in Kansas, I want to say, either Kansas or Missouri. That every once in a while we would see like black hawks and stuff fly over the lake house, and it was from that base, so like I was used to that sort of thing. But these, whatever they were, or just like single points of light, they didn't really look any different than stars. They weren't blinking or anything. High elevation. There was two of them, and I didn't really think anything that much of them at first until I saw them start doing just like right angle turns in the sky and it was just nothing breaking, you know, going one direction and just complete course change. And eventually they kind of were spread apart and then they were going out of an angle to where they were going to intersect with one another. Now, obviously they're up in the sky, I'm down on the ground. I have no idea if they're the same elevation or anything like that, so who knows. But whenever they reached the I guess pinnacle where they would run into one another, it formed like one thing and then just shot off and was gone from site. Didn't see it anymore, and that's when we left the area. What that was, I don't have any idea but it's not like anything I've seen the rest of my life and nothing I had seen up to that point.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. So it looks like you're not the only one. Project Bluebook investigated UFOs there in nineteen forty seven, in nineteen sixty nine to the point that some dude in the fifties kept seeing UFOs and he created the International UFO Bureau in Oklahoma. The city they investigated over eight hundred UFO tases in the northeast.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And they're like, there's descriptions of it, like I see single balls of light, I see triangles. Police officers and sheriff deputies have seen these things.
Speaker 2: So here's something crazy for you. Uh this Within the past year, I had a guest on this podcast that was talking to me about bigfoot stuff, and he's in the same general area now going into this conversation. He didn't know that I had any history with this lake where I live. It's like an hour and a half away from this place, so it's it's not like something that somebody would connect me to or anything. And like I do many of my guests, I asked him, have you ever experienced anything besides bigfoot? Because a lot of people experience multiple types of DOMA. And he tells me a UFO story from the same lake that I was at, and to give you an idea, whenever I saw these lights in the sky, I was standing on a boat ramp at the lake, so I was at the lake itself. And he told me, I can't remember when it was. I want to say it was maybe in the early two thousands. I'd have to go back and listen. I'm not sure. But he was out on the lake fishing and he was with somebody I can't remember who, but he swears up and down that he saw a UFO come out of the lake and just shoot straight up into the air and disappear. And he said it was like a classic disc shape with multiple colored lights on it and everything. But he said it was only about the size of a car. I think it wasn't very big at all. But it came out of the same lake, said and I thought, that's crazy, Like this dude doesn't know me, he doesn't know about my UFO siding there, and he's telling me he saw a UFO come out of the lake, Like that's nuts. So I thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I mean, so the first time I heard of the UFO coming out of water was the USS nimic stuff. Yeah, but it sounds like I keep hearing more and more people have seen that. They just I guess didn't want to admit it for a while.
Speaker 2: A buddy of mine, Phil Poulin, who runs the Pair of Breakdown YouTube channel. I don't know how much information he wants me to give out, but he used to be a police officer and he responded to a call one nay about strange lights I believe in Washington, either at a lake or a harbor or something, and he went and checked on it and he saw, I mean, what people would call a UFO like in the water there. And he's actually been on a television show talking about it, maybe confidentially. It might have been anonymous. So if I, you know, gave it away, sorry, but yeah, he.
Speaker 1: May have poured a full Bob Lazaar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple but no.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, UFO stuff. USO stuff is crazy. I never thought we would be in times where the government's like actually publicly looking into it and like saying, yeah, there's some stuff that we don't really have explanations for whether that will ever lead to anything, or if there's an ulterior motive behind it. I don't know, but it's still interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: I need more information. So I don't think I've ever talked about this on my channel, and I need to.
Speaker 2: Back back.
Speaker 1: When I worked at the movie theater, maybe maybe a little bit after that. We were all me and three other dudes were at the gym, and every night there was like a Vietnam veteran that would always be in there and work out. One of my friends he worked at the gym, so like he's like that guy talks to us all the time. I'm gonna, you know, pull up this thing and see if he's just always in here when we're in here. When he pulled up his profile that said, like this guy has severe PTSD, leave him alone if he wants to talk to you, like, let him talk to you, like this is per request of his daughter or whatever. So he told us that we left that guy alone. One night. We're talking about a guy that we used to work with at the movie theater who, Uh, as much as I want to think he's crazy, he was actually the lawyer of one of the SEC football teams. To get to that point, I assume you have to not be crazy and actually be pretty good at your job. But he like swears and I can get more into it if you want. That he was abducted by alien one night when he was working at the movies, to the point he's got a tattoo of it. So we're we're telling that story and old Vietnam guy hears us and he's like, if you don't talk about aliens, and like we're like, ah, shit, he's gonna make fun of us. We're like, yeah, he goes, you hear about the USS nimics And this was before I think I think this was right before the New York Times article in twenty fifteen. So he tells us about it, so I assume he heard about it through somebody he knew in the military. And then he proceeds to like start telling us some weird shit. I want to preface that that, like, I'm not saying that what he's saying was true, but every other story that he told us after that day, like hey, I got a purple heart. He brought in the purple heart, like he brought in metal or not purple heart. I don't know what metal it was, but he would like bring in the metals he would tell us about and everything else, so he's backed up everything else. He claims that he was working uh security at some sort of air base and that they kept seeing UFOs and like they kept calling it in and you know, planes would be scrambled to check them out. Del Eventually, like he became friends with people there. He went out to lunch with them, and they're like, you got to stop calling in those UFOs And he's like, why, like fucking their planes lining over whatever, Like no, that's like that's our shit. You're gonna get one of these pilots killed because if they see it, they report back when kill them. He's like, what why do we have that stuff? And again he could be full of shit. The person I was talking to him could be full of shit, but like they proceed They allegedly proceeded to tell him that the United States knows of multiple different races of aliens, that they share technology with different countries. That's why we were able to advance so quickly. You know, build built the first planes, then we went to the Moon thirty years later, and now we have you know, ten times the technology that sent us to the moon in our pocket. Like they proceeded to tell him tell us all this shit. So he told us that stuff. Whatever, life went on like normal before before I moved to go to law school. We saw him and we're like, hey, we're all kind of like leaving this area. Were you full of shit when you told us that? And he goes, no, I swear to god, I wasn't. I'll try to call up that guy and see if he can tell me more information. If you all want to, like, come back to the gym tomorrow. We went to the gym the next day. He wasn't there. Then like later that week, the people that like still live there went to the gym there. They asked our buddy that worked there, like, hey, you pull up his profile and see like if he's been here, if he's just dodging us. His account was deleted.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: A couple a couple of years later actually, because it was twenty twenty two, one of the guys we went to the gym with talked to that guy with us all the time. He walked into an Asian restaurant like a buffet and solemn, and that guy was there. He's talking to somebody and he's like, hey, man, I'm not singing in a while and he's like that, he said the guy, he was like, how do you know? I was here? Like what do you mean? He's like, you sawed me, didn't you? Like? It was good? Have been PTSD. But he freaked out And then they all said that they were followed by like black fans. I wasn't there. They might just be crazy, but uh, maybe they got told too much or he said too much or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It just seems like you hear these stories like that coming from different people at different times, where there's got to be something to it. Man, There's got to be a grain of truth somewhere in there, even if it's not all totally accurate. It people didn't just imagine all this stuff on their own and come up with the same things and the same stories over and over and over. What's the story with the guy that got abducted at the movie theater? Though? That's crazy.
Speaker 1: This dude's a law professor. He's a very successful lawyer. He was part of the night cleaning crew, which they come in after the last movies over. So he went out the back door of the theater and he was going to take out trash and like he was apparently blinded by this giant bright light, so his eyes like adjusted to what he thought was a spotlight. And for reference, like this movie theater is at the bottom of a giant hill and at the top of the hill is a it's pretty shitty but like an arena, and it was being built at the time, so he thought it was a spotlight up there. But then he realized that, like this l was moving and there was a hum in the air. So he watched this you know, super bright UFO fly around, and he said that he was amazed and it was, you know, like the most transformative moments of his life. Right the point that he's got a giant tat two of it on his arm that he's like, hey, let me tell you the story, and he'll like wall up his sleeve. So after a few minutes, he said, the UFO disappeared and he went back inside to tell the rest of the cleaning crew that he saw UFO. Says, he walked up to them, They're all gathered in the lobby. They all seemed like relieved, I guess uh that he was there, and then uh, like the manager started yelling at it. So he began to explain like I saw Ufo. Although why you're mad? I was only outside for like two or three minutes watching this thing, and they all got like super quiet, Like he hadn't seen you for hours. Your car was in the parking lot. We couldn't find you, and we were deciding if we should call the cops and report you missing. He had been gone for like four hours. He doesn't, you know, He's not like Travis Walton. He can't tell you know that he was on a ship and what he none of that. But he's like I saw UFO came back in lost three hours of time, to the point that they almost called the cops because they couldn't find me. And they even said that they had walked out there by the trash cans the check and see if he was back there too.
Speaker 2: Man. That scares the crap out of me, dude, Like, I mean, I haven't you know, I don't think it's just the idea that you know, you hear those stories so much in the UFO world, the missing time stuff, where like just the idea that you could have lived through some horrific incident and don't even know it. Oh, it's it's terrifying. I appreciate you coming on and talking to me, and we'll have to do it again.
Speaker 1: Brother, I'm down, but yeah, I appreciate it. Man.
Speaker 2: If you've had an encounter with something you can't explain, like bigfoot, dog man, ghosts, UFOs, or anything else, send me an email a Bigfoot Crossroads at JEMA dot com. Check out the website Bigfoot Crossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need all in one place. And until next time, remember there's something in the woods.