Speaker 1: Come on, come on, come on now, Panda, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, see ride rye, rye. Let's go, guys, we get another big weeks together.
Speaker 2: Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes.
Speaker 3: Welcome aboard, Welcome to June, everybody.
Speaker 1: June two Mills Monday, got a.
Speaker 4: Busy show for you today.
Speaker 1: I guess the.
Speaker 2: Headline would be, yes, we have another week's worth of Metallica giveaways. Sold out Metallica Pantera Suicidal Tendencies two weeks away from that show June fourteen, tickets every day this morning on the Show, of Course, We're gonna hook you up at seven twenty today on the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 4: Now back up, boom?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Fast Andrew is going for wood number two. He's bad Fast Andrew. He won on Friday.
Speaker 2: He's gonna go for wood number two this morning, fresh out of bed head you Head Challenge six twenty. We play every morning Fast Jeff. It's fast jeffy Jeff.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Like fast.
Speaker 2: Andrew doesn't sound right. We have slow fast Andrew, but.
Speaker 1: There was slow Jeff and then this guy's fast. Next day we asked fast Jef.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Chili was wishing, Andrew was on Okay, I got that squared away fast.
Speaker 1: Jeff is all with us.
Speaker 2: He's going for Wood number two shine Down on the Dance Kid Dance Tour August twenty seventh. That's Bush and Morgan Wade. Morgan Wade's a female.
Speaker 1: We know that now.
Speaker 4: It's a long story.
Speaker 1: We've always known that. We haven't always known that, Alex. No, We've obviously always been that.
Speaker 2: There was a day that we didn't. There was one day that we didn't. We were corrected.
Speaker 4: Fun fact flashback in homeroom.
Speaker 1: You're going to get those.
Speaker 2: Got Modest Mouse tickets at eight twenty Mars Volta tickets at nine ten Taco Fest tickets.
Speaker 1: You guys heard about Taco Fest what yeah, yeah, yeah. And then there's a.
Speaker 2: Couple of concert announcements that are going to happen this week, and we got to want to talk about my six picts are going to linksin guests. And then there's Mo who showed up again. Thank you, Moe, What do you got for you?
Speaker 3: Houston's Headlines, Good Morning.
Speaker 5: Rod suspect was identified last night, but the FBI as the man who allegedly attacked your group in Boulder, Colorado during a peaceful event supporting Israeli hostages held in Gaza. The FBI is calling it a targeted terror attack and is investigating it as terrorism.
Speaker 1: The guy yelled Free Palestine, used a.
Speaker 5: Makeshift flamethrower, among other things, injuring at six people. One person is in critical condition and the suspect was also taking to the hospital with minor injuries. Hey just days before his Senate confirmation vote. Days before, the White House has pulled the nomination for the head of NASA. President Trump announced the decision on truth social citing a thorough review of prior associations. The nominee, A Man last name Isaacman, was a billionaire is a billionaire private astronaut with ties to Elon must SpaceX, and was picked to be NASA's next administrator. The White House said the new nominee, aligned with Trump's America First agenda, will be named soon.
Speaker 1: Y'all planning a day at the beach anytime soon? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You got beach coming up?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 5: And yeah, we're usually over a Bolivar and we love spending time there.
Speaker 1: I think the beach is amazing.
Speaker 5: My husband travels around for work, and anytime he gets to have lunch and he sees the beach while he's eating, that's like my favorite day and I'm always so jealous of that. There's a new study with doctors claiming that this is actually a thing see therapy.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in it?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I think there's something very calming and just the sounds of the deep, all of these things, that's what I go to sleep to every night. Really, my sound machine is waves. It's like being at the beach every night, kind of but not at all.
Speaker 1: We're so close yet so far.
Speaker 5: There's a professor at NYU that actually did the study listed beach benefits including reducing stress, boosting your mood, improving your sleep, and even helping to go as far as cognitive restoration. It's all part of the mental health benefit of sea therapy. I subscribe, all right. This girl, her name's Taylor Swift. She made headlines again still over the weekend she regained control of all of her music. So in her announcement, she said, quote the best thing that have ever been mine?
Speaker 1: Finally actually are I already went out and spent all my money on the Taylor versions that's the deal.
Speaker 2: She got me to go buy that stuff knowing that she's probably gonna get her other stuff back catalog, didn't she?
Speaker 1: She all of it that was owned by Scooter is work.
Speaker 4: Listen to him because she had already recorded so much more.
Speaker 5: Recorded and re released all of the originals with better stuff. Yeah, fans don't care. They're excited for her.
Speaker 1: Oh what was me? Go buy my other ones?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got the originals back.
Speaker 1: I'm even richer.
Speaker 5: She posted pictures celebrating over the weekend with my money Selena Gomess.
Speaker 1: I want my money back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anything Taylor's version, I want.
Speaker 1: My Money back.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Finger eleven Canadian rock band. Yeah, they finished their new first their first new album in ten years. They're calling it last Night on Earth, the guitarist in an interview, saying it's complete. They're releasing it under their new label and the latest single, Adrenaline, has a lot of energy, which got them all pumped up. They said there has been a very long gap since their last record, but it's uh. They were able to look at new song with fresh eyes. That's what you get after ten years.
Speaker 2: They put out the Greatest Hits album, A couple years ago, Alex and I think I played one of the like there was a one news No, no, no, there was no they have songs.
Speaker 3: There was one new song on there that I really liked.
Speaker 2: I sent it to the Wizard and he didn't bite, so it got the only American spin on this show.
Speaker 1: Doesn't help SIMS headlines. All right, that's good, that's a good sound right there.
Speaker 4: The Astros got to win yesterday, they shut out the Rays, won nothing. They split their four game series with Tampa over the weekend, and they're gonna have a day off today before they open up a three game series with the Pirates tomorrow night. That is what's going on sport.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: It's Monday, and we like to make Monday.
Speaker 1: Our bitch around here. So let's go. Let's get fired off. If you want the first phone call seven one, three two.
Speaker 2: I got no time for anybody moping around on this Monday. All right, we got great note Monday. We got stuff already going to links and guests. We got Halica tickets today on the show. We got fast Jeff on the show today. Guys, get fired up, Okay, chilly clear off these lines. Seven one, three nine, The most interactive show on the radio.
Speaker 1: Starts right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm awake ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Corn Freak on a leash right out of the gate.
Speaker 1: Mo.
Speaker 2: He's like, what this is on my radio station right now? All right, guys, listen, We're gonna be very, very busy this morning.
Speaker 3: We didn't even looked outside yet. Ten percent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Party Claudi's guys, hies up around ninety one. Hot temperatures coming this week, like it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be hot again. All right, I think we got everything where we need to be here.
Speaker 2: It is fast Jeff Fast. Jeff's gonna go for win number two, fresh out of bed. Head to head challenge. That game coming up at around six twenty. All right now, shine down tickets all this week. That's the Dance Kid Dance Tour with Bush and Morgan Wade. August twenty seventh. Nice, We've got tickets for you every day this week.
Speaker 1: Chill.
Speaker 4: He put them in homeroom for you, guys.
Speaker 2: It's a Toyota Center show on the fun Fact Flashback Now. Metallica tickets every day this week. Pantera Suicidal tendency is on that show. It's a sold out show at the stadium. We will have tickets for you at seven twenty Texas Hammer Game. A bunch of other great tickets. There's some concerts that are announcing this week.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: We are packed this summer with shows. A lot of phone lines ringing here. Somebody says something wrong when I see that many phone lines ring and I'm like, okay, somebody says something wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh it's that time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Jessica.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning Jessica. How are you. I'm doing great? How are you so great? Thank you for asking? Where are you calling from?
Speaker 6: I'm calling from Houston.
Speaker 2: Hello, Houston, Good morning Houston and everybody else.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Why are you this early.
Speaker 6: Routine, taking husband of work and taking.
Speaker 1: Kids to school? How much more school do they have?
Speaker 6: They are out Wednesday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: If you're in Houston, then you're hisd Yeah. My kid's done on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: So cruel. My kid was led to believe, and it was by us too.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like a half day on Wednesday, so she was really pumped about a half day. So every time we counted down. She's like, only that half day, and then to come to find out it's a full day. It's like pulling the rug from under my kid's feet.
Speaker 1: It's like, what, it's a full day? Come on, they say, apparently they're still learning up until the last day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just rolled her eyes, watches and sign your bugs and cleaned out our desks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what more can I learn on the last day of school.
Speaker 1: It's a full day.
Speaker 4: Though it is a full day.
Speaker 1: What's going on, Jessica? So glad that you're up early with us?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you have a good weekend? Yes?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: It was a very buch weekend. Oh yes, it was beautiful.
Speaker 3: I didn't really do that much.
Speaker 1: Nobody asked me. But you're gonna post your six picks though.
Speaker 2: My six picks are up, and of course, like the weekend, that's nothing.
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything.
Speaker 7: But I mean I went to Costco, you know, like that was my weekend. I went to the pool, I went to my swimming pool. I went to Costco. Of course, that's the weekend that I have six picks.
Speaker 1: Sounds like the perfect weekend.
Speaker 2: Once in a while I do some cool things. Never on the weekend that I that I have to bring in pictures.
Speaker 4: That's why we are always like we're not pitching about having it just.
Speaker 1: Like, oh crap, I'm not doing anything. If you have a plan, you're like, okay, this is easy. I gu it's not pictures. But if I'm just sitting at the house all weekend, but I don't just pick even a endurable child that was me this weekend.
Speaker 3: I know you can always get away with dogg and kid picks.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I mean I've learned that over the last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I feel like it's mailing it in if you only do kid picks.
Speaker 3: Chili taking pictures of sidewalks.
Speaker 1: That was cool. He took a picture of I don't want done that.
Speaker 3: I was thinking outside the box.
Speaker 1: To get he's going be different. Here's a sidewalk I walked on. He's a trailblazer. Where did you walk? Listen, Jessica, thank you. Good luck all summer long.
Speaker 2: You got the kids in camps or anything, or you just got to deal with those kids every day during the summer.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be with them every day in the summer.
Speaker 1: Would you like more?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 3: Can I drop you got a couple anyways?
Speaker 1: Can I drop my kid off?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 1: You know what, the more than marriage, just listen.
Speaker 4: I can do my own summer camp. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, my kids London, You're going to camp.
Speaker 1: Jessica waiting for this. Have a great day, all right, Thank you Jessica for chiming in.
Speaker 3: All Right, we got to take a short break.
Speaker 2: When we come back on a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending and we'll get set up for the.
Speaker 8: Games Houston Alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show the buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back, everybody, just getting fast. Jeff's victory speech ready to go. Hopefully he's up and ready to rock this morning with us. So I see nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. Early, partly cloudy, high of ninety one, no rain tonight, mostly clear, all right, ninety one. Hot temperatures could be in the nineties all week.
Speaker 1: Alex, there you go. What's trending? Boulder, Colorado is trending. We already kind of talked about that in the headlines.
Speaker 4: But there was a terrorist jack over the weekend for a march for Israeli hostages and Boulder. A man with a makeshift flamethrower was the person behind the attack. People are talking about that online this morning.
Speaker 1: Hayley Steinfield, Steinfield dying. I say it wrong every time. I even asked you before.
Speaker 3: I said, what's such a TV show?
Speaker 4: With a tea?
Speaker 1: Steinfield? She and your boy Josh Allen got married over the weekend in California. Congratulations, Well, thank you. I do feel like get him a gift.
Speaker 2: I didn't get him a gift, nor an invite to the wedding. What I've heard was a small yeah. I think it was like super duper a list. Dion Dawkins was in an interview last week and he kind of flubbed. And because you know, obviously when somebody of that level, those both of them are getting married, it's a secret.
Speaker 1: I don't tell anyone.
Speaker 2: And he said what he was doing like last week, so he kind of tipped everybody.
Speaker 3: I don't think he said where, but I think he said when.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of paparazzi there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a lot of the photos you see are from helicopters.
Speaker 4: The air was packed.
Speaker 1: And then there's the big names. Now, Chris Hughes, is he in name that you recognize? Chris Hughes.
Speaker 4: Well, now you will, because he and Jojo Siwa confirmed they are officially.
Speaker 1: They started.
Speaker 4: They started kind of hanging out on the British version of Celebrity Brother.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, I'm not a lesbian anymore. That's not confusing at all.
Speaker 4: But yeah, So Chris Hughes is Jojo seas Whip and he was the second trending story I saw this morning, So there's necess trading at nine to five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: It's a rale.
Speaker 4: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 1: This is Jeff. Oh No, not just any Jeff.
Speaker 9: This is the Fast One and this is my second time ever playing the game, and I'm happy to report I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion, and you know I'm coming back on Monday.
Speaker 1: Fast Jeff will make it win number two bitches seven one, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: If you think you can beat Fast Jeff, he's fast, so you have to be faster.
Speaker 1: Here's Gorillas ninety four five to buzz.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody, ninety four five and the Buzz Gorillas Clint Eastwood rot Ryan Show on this MILF Monday.
Speaker 4: I hope you're off to a great.
Speaker 1: Start to your day.
Speaker 2: Thinking of all the parents out there. We had that first phone call today. She said, yeah, the kids are done on Wednesday at hid and she said those kids are gonna be home all summer.
Speaker 1: So parents eating at a house and home.
Speaker 2: Godspeed, odd speed for the parents out there, of which I am one.
Speaker 1: What am I gonna do with my kid? Chance of rain partly Claude Hype ninety one.
Speaker 3: Let's play a game, and now.
Speaker 4: It's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners. This is the Jeff. That's the fast one. Okay, he's the fast Jeb, Fast Jeff. Hey, good morning.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 2: Don't make us call you fast Jeff, and then you lose.
Speaker 1: Okay, not today, baby, you better not.
Speaker 4: You better not.
Speaker 3: You're going for win number two?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir? All right, you take them. Hey, Sexy James is back. But Sexy James, are you.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Just thing? Wait a minute?
Speaker 4: What do I have here?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 4: What do we have here?
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. You're welcome, Sexy James.
Speaker 2: It's like a big oak tree firefighter or something.
Speaker 1: What do you do? What do you do? James? Yeah, thank you for your service. Sis.
Speaker 3: Big, all of them big, like he's big as he sounds.
Speaker 2: Right now, Sexy James Hall of Fame or just sexy four times?
Speaker 1: Four times? Okay, hey yeah, stats to back up that everything else, Jeff, you just said not today, maybe today, that's right, man, Not today.
Speaker 4: Not today, not today?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Sexy James, welcome back, four time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Fast Jeff.
Speaker 2: It's only played the game to other two times. It's going for it's going for win number two today. Shout out your name.
Speaker 1: What do you have to give away here? Good prize? I got a Rod Ryan show T shirt, the one and only.
Speaker 3: It's a game changer, it's a life changing thing.
Speaker 1: All right. Can you imagine Sexy James in a rob Ryan show T shirt? Yes, I'm imagining it right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Fast Jeff says he's gonna be wearing that shirt.
Speaker 1: Let's go shout out your name.
Speaker 2: When you think you know the answer question number one, how many letters are there? No, Fast James, Sexy James.
Speaker 10: At twenty six?
Speaker 2: Twenty six is the correct answer because the question wow is the question yes, how many letters are in the modern English alphabet? Was there an older version that you wanted to clarify that?
Speaker 1: No, I just learned that we like the details.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good call on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, James's on the board, sexy and on the board.
Speaker 3: Hey, fast Jeff, Yeah, wake up, I was fast.
Speaker 1: He was fast.
Speaker 3: Number two sexy James, fast Jeff.
Speaker 2: Name one of the seven dwarves?
Speaker 1: Ooh, okay, would you guys hear I heard them both at the same time?
Speaker 2: Tie?
Speaker 1: All right, because you're wasted a question.
Speaker 2: The question was name one of these seven dwarves in snow white. We would have accepted sleepy, sneezy, happy, grumpy, dopey, doc or bashful forgot about bashful fast Jeff, sexy James.
Speaker 3: Here comes your next question.
Speaker 1: Don't tie?
Speaker 3: How many legs does a spider have?
Speaker 1: Happen?
Speaker 2: They're killing their questions? That was a dead on tie eight tie tie. Here we go, next question, sexy James, fast Jeff evenly matched up? Good game, boys. What do you call a piece of land? That a peninsula?
Speaker 11: And then.
Speaker 1: There wasn't enough farm just dropped? Oh I didn't hear it? Yes? Who swore fast Jeff? Jeff? Fast Jeff? Did you swear no?
Speaker 4: Search?
Speaker 1: Definitely? Did you get bad? Yes? You heard it? Blatant?
Speaker 4: Everybody on what happened because you're listening now on a delay.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we were just we were just in the future a minute ago. Now we're like in present time.
Speaker 2: So the question was, let me just recap, what do you call a piece of land that's almost but not entirely surrounded by wall. Sexy James chimed in. He said a peninsula. Apparently somebody swore I didn't hear it fast, Jeff, just like that, You're all worth.
Speaker 4: It wasn't fast enough, baby, all right, Jeff, you wasn't fast enough.
Speaker 2: All right, Jeff, you were fun though, so fun, unless you were the one that swore that'll be mad. But sexy I know Sexy James didn't swear.
Speaker 1: Uh won Heno, James.
Speaker 3: Pa, you want to play tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Every damn day, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Sexy James all week? Maybe the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: On the Buzz ninety four five in the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: That's Nirvana.
Speaker 2: All apologies, and we've got ourselves a new champion in the fresh out of bad head to head, the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 3: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 10: Good morning everybody. It is the return of Saxty James fifth four time Hall of Famer, is now your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. Let's get all those Jeffs out of here, join me on tat day and I go for Remember two.
Speaker 2: He said, get rid of the Jeffs already, shout out. He said he was going to send in a pick. I'm sure he's not gonna mind me sharing this because said he would send a picture in sexy.
Speaker 1: James.
Speaker 2: He's a mountain of a man. He's a big, big dude. Said he lost one hundred and seventy five pounds. I said, wow, Yeah, I said, dude, you gotta send it before and after. He goes, yeah, I'll share that with you. That's awesome, dude. Yeah, congratulations, that's that's amazing.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're gonna get to some shine down tickets.
Speaker 1: But first, it's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart here, buddies, it's the fuck that to the day, Alex.
Speaker 2: You got some NBA playoffs coming up here Thursdays, the finals Thursday, and then Stanley Cup starts on Wednesday. Wednesday, same teams that were in it last year for the Stanley Cup, Florida Panthers and the Edmonton Oilers, but the Indiana Pacers and the Oklahoma City Thunder Game one on Thursday. In NBA playoff action, there has never been a successful comeback from a three oh series deficit. Of the one and fifty nine NBA teams that have been down three games to none, only four of them forced to game seven, but all of them lost. You will never Well, somebody's gonna have to do it at some point. But yeah, you go down three to zero. History doesn't lie.
Speaker 4: How Hey how Bush bonus NBA factor is bonusurs finals since like twenty twelve where neither team is an aluxury tax?
Speaker 1: What does that mean that they have to pay? Like they pay better play, they pay their players more? Oh?
Speaker 3: Really like throwing above?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta pay the tax if you pay people over a certain salary.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: No, you talked about spiders in the Fresh out of bed Head to head. You have a spider question track. Some species of male spiders they tie up the female spiders before sexing them up. That is, whoa, so that the females don't eat them afterwards. Probably it's like, okay, I'll do that with you, but I'm gonna to tie you up.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be safe?
Speaker 2: Isn't it the isn't it the praying mantises that they have sex and then they pop off the dude's head right afterwards at me. I don't know, well, I thought maybe I thought you were smart for a second. Now does everybody know Mode doesn't know? You know, Tom Cruise has these Mission Impossible movies.
Speaker 1: I'm aware of that.
Speaker 2: It came from a TV series in the sixties. Really, yeah, there, the Mission Impossible TV series from the sixties invented a term. The term they invented, hall was self destruct because the messages they're famous mission instructions that would quote self destruct in five seconds. That nobody put those words together before. Self destruct was not a term before Mission Impossible.
Speaker 1: Ever heard of.
Speaker 12: Like these little Japanese bonzie little planes that flew into our boats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those were called them something Elma Kazi's.
Speaker 12: That's self destructed inside.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't think they called him that. It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart? Here, buddy? Is this the fuck back to the day? I was asking myself, did I give you three? Yeah? That was three? Okay, Hey, let's talk about some great tickets here. Please, I've got them.
Speaker 5: Shine Down is coming on their Dance Kid Dance Tour August twenty seven of the Toyota Center. Tickets on sale toy at Center dot com or if you've been paying attention, Yeah, it's your fun.
Speaker 1: This was Alex's favorite from Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, FedEx almost went under back in the seventies in their early years, and they only had five thousand dollars left in the bank. They needed to pay off twenty four thousand dollars. What did the founder do to keep them around? It's the only reason that FedEx is still around. Okay, Alex loved it.
Speaker 4: There's your cue? Is your clue?
Speaker 3: Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: The Praying Mantis. They pop the head right on.
Speaker 4: I'm looking that up afterwards.
Speaker 3: Okay, how you doing Wall Street on Friday?
Speaker 12: It was a mixed day on Wall Street. The Dow was up fifty four points kick off this morning at forty two thousand and two, seventy NASDAK down sixty two points to nineteen thousand and one to thirty three. Benchmark ten year Treasury trades at a four point four to three percent and oil since at sixty three dollars thirty eight cents a barrel. Two of the most actives the big studs Walmart, am Jen and Verizon. The big Duds Navidia, Nike, and Caterpillar. On the economic calendar this morning, we would get numbers on construction spending for April right now, futures slightly on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's I'm out here. This is Hawlan manasure director with the Raymond James Port feederald Ryan Show from Raymond James on sant Felip and Augusta.
Speaker 1: Don't forget toys. Rock out your stockout.
Speaker 8: Means expressed those of aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever NYC SIDC, I aren't hey, yeah or it sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the Studs of Duds are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young and I Am ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, rod Ryan Show over the phones.
Speaker 2: Here your fun back, Good morning, good morning. Hello is this Kim? It is Welcome to the show, Kim. I hope you're off to a great start.
Speaker 4: To your day.
Speaker 13: I am.
Speaker 2: Let's see if you remember Friday, Alex liked this way too much. FedEx almost went under back in the seventies and they only had five thousand dollars left. They needed to pay off twenty four thousand dollars otherwise they were going to close their doors.
Speaker 3: Why are they still around? What did the founder do?
Speaker 1: He flew to Vegas and played black jack?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he takes to the bar Grand gambles it. He won twenty seven thousand dollars. The only reason why FedEx is around, Alex.
Speaker 4: This is not a good business.
Speaker 1: Wild not a good business. What are you gonna give her?
Speaker 7: Girl?
Speaker 1: You're gonna see shine down.
Speaker 11: I have thought so hard to win ticket.
Speaker 5: For today's your day, Miss Him Dance, Kid Dance. Who are August twenty seventh to Toyota Center. You don't even even to worry about buying tickets because we're giving him to ye thank you.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Shinedown before live four times?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so you know you know how it works. All right, listen, hell, have a great time at that show. Let's play some Shindown right now. It's ninety four or five the buzz. Come ninety four or five, the buzz. So our friends Shinedown dead, don't die. Just blew out a pair of tickets. It's all right, no big deal. She's seen them four times already.
Speaker 1: I was so impressed by him.
Speaker 2: Of course you want another Shineedown show on your on your concert history. Yeah, that's gonna be a great one. August twenty seventh, Bush and Morgan waed on that show all week. We're gonna be here for tickets now thick and given away on this program will be sold out Metallica tickets, Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies opening June fourteenth. We're a couple of weeks away from that show. We're gonna play the Texas Hammer Game. So it's a big one today, seven to twenty. Make sure you're there for it. Really low chances of rain today, nothing to speak of, partly cloudy high of ninety one.
Speaker 1: Shoot it over to.
Speaker 3: Mow with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Please sir, good morning.
Speaker 5: A suspect was identified last night by the FBI as the man who allegedly attacked a group in Boulder, Colorado, during a peaceful event supporting Israeli hostages held in Gaza. The FBI is calling it a targeted terror attack and they're investigating it as terrorism. The guy yelled free Palestine, used a makeshift flamethrower, injured six people, one in critical condition. The man was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. You know that dusty, hazy air that's often blamed on Saharan dust from Africa, Well we have a little bit of that in our future the next couple days. But right now, any smoke or haye in the air is from a wildfire going on in.
Speaker 1: Canada makes a lot rod Listen stop, I'm not Canadian Canadian smoke.
Speaker 5: They have apparently ninety out of control wildfires across Canada, forcing evacuations, but.
Speaker 3: We know is it making its way down to us?
Speaker 1: It could today in the Midwest, for sure. Farther south is not horrible.
Speaker 5: Anyone that knows that they struggle with air quality is aware of what to do today. But yes, Canadian fires, the issue of the smoke.
Speaker 1: One of these days I'll wash my car. I just don't know when.
Speaker 2: No, Now, I gotta deal with that Canadian ash.
Speaker 5: I take my responsibility very seriously to keep you up on the latest TikTok trends. Rod.
Speaker 3: We always kind of play this for TikTok stuff for some reason.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 5: They tend to take over the world. And right now I'm the reporter because I don't condone this.
Speaker 1: This better be a good one.
Speaker 5: What is jalapenos in white wine? I love a jalapeno, Okay, I want it in my spy margarita. Okay, but I don't know about in my chilled glass of Solvignon blanc.
Speaker 1: I'm not a wine guy.
Speaker 2: I gotta take myself out of this. I don't like him in drinks period.
Speaker 1: Really. I think it's a weird. Like you said, you want.
Speaker 13: Margarita Margarita did have a bite to it, yes, oh yeah, so why not wine?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It just sounds weird.
Speaker 5: But scientists aka wine snobs are freaking out. They're saying, yes, of course, something about the science, the compounds make it makes sense. Pria designs Again, I'm not a scientist.
Speaker 1: Do it? Try it? Let us know, all right. Chili put up a separate blog page for this, did he Yeah? Okay, keep us posted.
Speaker 5: Netflix had a big event, unreally, unveiling a bunch of release dates and teasers and trailers for some of our favorites. Let me know if anything strikes your fancy. The fifth and final season of Stranger Things is going to roll out part three parts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like New Year's Day, Christmas and Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving? Like, why don't so?
Speaker 13: Is there just three episodes in the final three parts of the final season?
Speaker 3: Okaber high?
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 4: They We're gonna give you the whole season minus two episodes, and then they made you eight for the last two episodes that were really.
Speaker 1: Just a movie.
Speaker 3: But they're gonna go Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know the episode right then is but they're gonna release it three different times on holidays.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess you have a little more time to watch her. I can't do anything on Christmas if you watch the Stranger What about Squid Games?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm out. People have told me the second season is really good.
Speaker 1: I asked, and I said, I'm out of.
Speaker 2: The last of us, and I may make some room for Squid Game season two because when is season three.
Speaker 1: The end of this month?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay? And the new teaser maybe the new teaser will like light you on fire? Okay.
Speaker 5: The only thing I was really excited about on this list was the new Happy Gilmore two trailer dropped a new trailer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are losing their mind over this thing.
Speaker 1: Does it look funny?
Speaker 5: It says it's got profanity, so obviously it's gonna be funny.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't lose my mind over Happy Gilmore like everyone else.
Speaker 1: For some reason. I'll watch it, I'll see. But is this like, will you watch it the day it comes out? Alex? What I had going on? Check your calendar? Yeah, let's set a side time. I gotta do this. Lots of fun stuff from Netflix.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: So all the trailers and links and everything. Chili put that on one page.
Speaker 5: This last story made me think of you remember that video you shot at Buzzfest. I think it was during Marilyn Manson when you were shooting, shooting, shooting, and then.
Speaker 1: Beach ball to the face. Yeah, to the face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this happened at a post Malone Jelly Roll concert. They're doing this big stadium tour and fireworks.
Speaker 1: We're going off in Toronto.
Speaker 5: Okay, girls taking a video during this song save Me. You hear the lyrics, I'm so damaged beyond repair. Boom, firework on her head.
Speaker 3: She got hit with an actual like a mortar.
Speaker 1: Yes, burns to her scalp. Oh and she's got it all up video that okay?
Speaker 14: On video?
Speaker 1: So what do they do? Like as artists, they're not going to cut the fireworks? Is she suing?
Speaker 5: Not currently? But she should post the video, so I'm guessing they'll see it.
Speaker 4: But you know, some of us got hit with fireworks growing up, and I was just part of life, right, anybody.
Speaker 1: But Jelly and Post you get ahead of this, right and you're like, hey, of course, here's backstage and a helmet, here's tickets, and here's here's plane tickets something.
Speaker 3: Come see us, of course and come backstage and say hi to work.
Speaker 4: It's got to get So you had to hang out with Bunny XO for a day to be on her podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, ste that's probably it. I want to see the video.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is on the music Blood page.
Speaker 1: The video is yeah, did you watch it? No?
Speaker 2: I just I saw that it was happening. I went through it really quick this morning. There's I guess you can see her hair smoking.
Speaker 1: No Houston's headline. She's fine, by the way, she's fine. We can laugh.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go what you got a shows got to win. Yesterday they shut out the Raise one nothing.
Speaker 1: Splitting their four game series with Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a day off before opening up a three game series with the Pirates tomorrow night. On the sports blog page today, did you see Scottie Scheffler won the Memorial Tournament over the weekend And as he's walking over, his wife's like here, he's gonna hand him his kid, and she's like, watch out. He has poop all over his back. The kid had like a whole blowout. And he's like, yeah, that'll happen. And you can just see like a brown spot on his kid's shirt as he's holding him walking the trophy.
Speaker 1: Is she doing that?
Speaker 2: Like, hey, I had him all day while you're out there playing your little golf game.
Speaker 3: Now it's your turn.
Speaker 1: It's like they're thing, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of golfers, you want your kid with you and you get the trophy and stuff like that. But it was just funny that, like he's asking on the competition, his kid's asking all over himself. Yeah, can check out the sports blog page.
Speaker 1: I we haven't see Yeah.
Speaker 15: Who we gotta blowout The rod Ryan Morning Show, six.
Speaker 3: Am, The Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, rod Ryan Show, Alien and Farms cover of Smooth Criminal. Welcome to the seventh Spot.
Speaker 4: If you're carrying over from home room, thank you.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky really low chances are Ray next to nothing.
Speaker 1: Partner Claudy hies him around ninety one.
Speaker 2: It's a second big week for us, giving away Metallica tickets.
Speaker 3: Sold out Metallica June fourteenth and RG.
Speaker 2: Stadium two weeks a well less than two weeks away from that Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 3: Right, got a pretty good weekend plan for you guys.
Speaker 2: One, we're gonna do Ditch Day on Friday over at Cactus Cove.
Speaker 3: This week, we're gonna kind of settle on a shot name right.
Speaker 1: We said that's what we planned to get said we were gonna do that. Right, there's a big list we have to go through a route.
Speaker 2: Kind of like wean that list down in the top top five six eight. I don't care, but we'll do some voting on that sometime this week and we'll we'll finally get that.
Speaker 4: Shot name locked in for Ditch Day.
Speaker 2: Cactus Cove Friday the thirteenth, real easy to remember, Friday the thirteenth on eleventh app eleventh Street in the.
Speaker 1: Heights practice coved. It's gonna be a fun day, Yeah, Gunner said he's ready to go.
Speaker 2: I don't have confirmation whether or not I've got those Metallica tickets I begged. Everyone keeps asking, dude, are you gonna give away Metallica tickets that Ditch Day?
Speaker 1: I say, I asked for them. I don't know. I mean, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'd like you guys to think that when I ask for stuff around here, I get what I want.
Speaker 5: I don't that your track record it's pretty great since I've been here.
Speaker 1: Well pretty good. Yeah, because I did ask for Metallica tickets again this week this week, so they gave me five pair to give to you. So seven to twenty Texas Hammer games sold out Metallica tickets. Still working on those, sign up to win them.
Speaker 2: Also today on the show, Uh this Taco Fest, I can't wait to talk more about this. We're not gonna give these away, Chilly put them on.
Speaker 1: I know the show. There's some Taco Fest coming up.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He must know about it.
Speaker 5: I'm in.
Speaker 2: So we're giving away four pack VIP. You want to anybody want to be VIP at something.
Speaker 1: Called Taco Fest? Yes, yeah, I know, me too.
Speaker 2: So that's just one of the great giveaways that we have this week. A couple of emails coming in. Andrew Slow Fast Andrew is his name. I know not everybody has a speed attached to the name MO, but some do.
Speaker 1: Slow Fast Andrew. He say, good morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 4: I was on hold.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be the first phone caller today.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to get through and congratulate the Kingwood High School girls softball team for winning the state championship.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a big damn. That's a big one.
Speaker 4: That's a big one.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, he goes on to say. A few hours later, the boys baseball team same school won the semi final game and are heading to the final state championship game.
Speaker 1: On the seventh.
Speaker 2: I believe it's the first time in school history both teams have made it to the finals. Slow fast Andrew class of ninety nine shot out. He said, my wife currently teaches there, so we are very very excited.
Speaker 1: Oh that's big.
Speaker 2: Huh State champions congratulations, man, that is awesome.
Speaker 1: And then I've already asked.
Speaker 3: Shannon for ticket or for ticket for pictures.
Speaker 2: Shannon says, brother Rot, I know how much you love when we take you with us on vacation. I am currently listening to the show right now in the Galopogus Islands.
Speaker 3: Love you, Seabrooks.
Speaker 1: Shannon.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you gotta send pictures from the Galopagos Islands, preferably you hanging on.
Speaker 1: To like a sea turtle like you. I'm like, this is what I need, Shannon.
Speaker 2: I need you, okay, with your earbuds on the back of a turtle the size of like my my dinette table, well you know what I mean, like that round table or you have break your breakfast table.
Speaker 1: I want you on the back of a turtle. Know you know who told me they did that, Charles Darwin back when he will.
Speaker 2: Steve Gleeson was a friend of mine when he played for the Saints and before he was diagnosed with als.
Speaker 3: Steve Gleeson was a big reason that we were.
Speaker 1: Doing the ice Bucket Challenge.
Speaker 3: And all this stuff.
Speaker 2: When Steve Gleeson was a player for the Saints, he was my guy that was on the radio with me. He was he was a special teams player, you know. But he was so interesting to talk to. And he was a rocker and he loved Pearl jam and so he was he was a perfect fit to be on the show. But he told me one of his vacations that he did exactly that, him and his brother, which is illegal. They were riding the backs of seed turtles and the Galopagus Islands.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of guy Steve Gleason was.
Speaker 2: He's a total hippie guy. Jessica tells a great story. The Food Fighters were playing at a club back then and Steve Gleason's riding his bicycle looking for tickets and like.
Speaker 1: We're like, dude, why din't you call us?
Speaker 2: Like he was trying to find a scalper to my tickets to go see the Food Fighters at tippetinaz. I think, no, no, no, Holland Wolf and he's riding his bicycle around.
Speaker 1: He was ride.
Speaker 2: He was a guy like barefoot ride his bike to best to you know, he was a bare foot guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was and is a great guy. I just saw him. I didn't bother him. He was he had a team of people. I saw him a jazz fest and he was obviously getting up their front row for his buddy's pearl jam. And uh, he's got a new book out too, and that I haven't picked up yet.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's this Steve Gleason book out there.
Speaker 2: But that guy continues, man, just to kick ALS's ass, that's for sure, all right, Shannon. You don't have to be on the back of a sea turtles down the size of my table.
Speaker 1: Ideally, though you would.
Speaker 2: What don't they have like the other weird animals in the Galopagos that they're they're nowhere else?
Speaker 5: I mean, our zoo has a full exhibit just for that, those islands.
Speaker 1: Going on there. Why am I not a member of the zoo? Are you? You probably are, of course, because I got a kid, I'm not a member of the zoo.
Speaker 5: A great fun place, terrible dad. We'll work on that. Okay, I need to take rod Ryan to the Houston Zoo.
Speaker 2: I gotta go fund me right now online to fund my zoo membership.
Speaker 1: So please contribute.
Speaker 2: Bid high Galapagos. I'll do that on my own, Okay, but yeah, I don't know. I need to become a Zoom member.
Speaker 3: All right, let's just get ready for Can we get Texas Hammer people?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, we can? All right? Is Chili ready to go today?
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it. He's barely alive. He's got to tell you that story later today, Chili?
Speaker 4: Is there going to be story time later on the show?
Speaker 1: Can you tell that story?
Speaker 5: Most?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 16: Yeah, you might not be able to tell this tale till it. Okay, okay, later on. You have a tail. The tail must die this weekend.
Speaker 4: You should have had.
Speaker 1: Should you have had six picks this weekend?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm glad then I don't have them, so I don't have to worry about six picks that would have missed the fun.
Speaker 3: Are my six picks up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've been up?
Speaker 1: All right? Talk about your fun weekend?
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't really do a whole lot. I just I went to Costco.
Speaker 1: That's so fun. There are no pictures of Costco six picks. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Was no picture of you walking on the sidewalk going to Costco.
Speaker 1: That's why I leave that for you. I leave that for your artistic guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you got there. All right, Well, Chili's got a tail to tell. I have six picks. And then Chili's now answering the phones call.
Speaker 1: May how to win the best game in Houston? Who wants it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chili's waiting for you to call. You want to play the Texas Hammer Game today? Because it's for sold out Metallica tickets seven one three, You better call now.
Speaker 15: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh, phone lines are very busy, very busy. I understand, I.
Speaker 2: Understand there's some sold out Metallica tickets that are coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we can get to that partner.
Speaker 2: Claudi's guys today, I have about ninety one Alex.
Speaker 1: What's trending? Well, Milf Monday is trending.
Speaker 4: Momo is from Texas and she was submitted by Chili and my good friend Los Magnificos. He came out and hung out us with us at the Crawfish Boil we did a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Didn't he also come out to see you at at one? Yeah? She's good, dude. He was supposed to send us a picture of a of a tequila gun. He did. He did.
Speaker 4: He bought the taricula with the bell that MO was talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, the yeah, I think it's okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: He did, he did.
Speaker 4: I can confirm I saw him bring it over and then he rang the bulls.
Speaker 1: He bought it, no kidding, What a loyal dude. College baseball is also trending.
Speaker 4: People are talking about the regionals that went down in the n CUAA over the weekend. I think LSU and Little Rock have a game free that they have to play winner take all in that series to advance to the super Regional. People are talking about college baseball right now.
Speaker 3: Speaking of LSU. Speaking of LSU, Libby Dunn.
Speaker 4: The Runway was showing off for gymnastics skills on a sports blog and Looking at Girls.
Speaker 3: She's headlining the Looking at Girls blog pace today.
Speaker 1: She's flexible. And then John Brancus is trending.
Speaker 4: You may not remember the name, but he was the guy that hosted Sports Science on ESPN. Yeah, which was always like it was like the five minute segment they show you in Sports Center.
Speaker 1: You're like, wait, that's how hard is it?
Speaker 6: Hit at baseball.
Speaker 4: You got like ze point nine percentage chance that you can do that, yep, And he showed he breaks it all down for you.
Speaker 1: That was really cool.
Speaker 4: But he passed away at the age of fifty four and people are talking about that. Wow, it looked like he had been battling depression. I didn't have one hundred percent, but his family had said they lost his battle.
Speaker 3: Which he was one of those guys that number one. I loved the sports science thing. I thought they were done different.
Speaker 2: They got in, they got out, they gave you these quick information.
Speaker 3: But he was one of those guys that just that's the perfect guy for this segment. He was so good at it. Yeah, man, that's he was very passionate about it.
Speaker 1: But that's his training.
Speaker 3: At ninety profared it was, Oh, it's terrible news.
Speaker 2: This is them Mandler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Games.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go what.
Speaker 10: Ryan on.
Speaker 2: We I don't want to insult our listeners, but why don't you just tell him one more time what they're playing for today.
Speaker 1: I just want to make it clear.
Speaker 5: We have a pair of tickets to see Metallica their World tour with Tantara suicidal tendencies. They're going to be here at Energy Stadium on June fourteenth, and you might want to go, but tickets are sold out, so you.
Speaker 1: Can win them. Because we're playing the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 3: I started watching clips.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh they're so good. They're so good.
Speaker 10: Guys.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, good morning.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's show. Who's this? This is Johnny the Butcher, Johnny the Butcher.
Speaker 3: You're a Butcherkroger butcher.
Speaker 5: I thought about you over the weekend, Johnny, because I had a salmon loin.
Speaker 1: And I corrected my husband. I thought about you. I was cheating on you. I went to Costco this weekend. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: If Johnny hears that I went to Costco.
Speaker 1: He's going to be pissed.
Speaker 3: He just told them and then now he shows up.
Speaker 4: I'm like Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Johnny's coming for me with him with a knife.
Speaker 1: Johnny. Uh, this is the Texas Hammer game, bro, It's from Metallica.
Speaker 4: Tickets.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna play you a song lyric as spoken by the Great Texas Hammer. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, okay, all right from Oh God, Johnny.
Speaker 1: Putna extra pressure. Put down there.
Speaker 3: You're not at work, now, are you?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm sitting in my record room, okay, playing super Mario. I just didn't want any cleavers around him while you were doing this. Here we go, h man, I wish you the best.
Speaker 11: Now what do we have here? An outlaw and his beer. I run this land, you understand. I'm make myself, Claire.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a lot of lyric, Johnny. Name of the band, name of the song from Metallic?
Speaker 1: I had to try. I got nothing.
Speaker 3: We love you, all right, Johnny, thank you.
Speaker 1: Put down the cleaver, Evelyn. Good morning, Good morning, Evelyn. I got all.
Speaker 3: Kinds of lyrics for you.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I need to know the name of this band, in the name of the song. Let's take a listen together.
Speaker 11: Now, what do we have here? An outlaw and his beer. I run this land.
Speaker 6: You understand.
Speaker 1: I'm like myself, Claire, I have no idea what the hell that is? Evelyn? Give me the band, give me the song. I'm a rebel.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, I'm a rebel for now.
Speaker 1: It seems so close, Evelyn.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm a rebel, just thes she thought it was Portugal.
Speaker 1: Demand No, no, no, that's not it. That's not it. Do you have that? I do? Okay, sweet, it was not Portugal.
Speaker 3: The man I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. I don't want to confuse people because yeah, yeah, but I.
Speaker 4: Know you have that.
Speaker 1: Evelyn is wrong. The Butcher's wrong.
Speaker 2: These Metallica tickets are still alive. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 8: Come on, guys, The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five the.
Speaker 2: Bus ninety four or five the Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning.
Speaker 2: I hope you are off to a great start to your day. As always, it's gonna be hot today. We don't have to worry about any rain really, so mostly clear most of the day.
Speaker 1: Highs of around ninety one. It's gonna feel much warmer than that, and I guess the temperature is.
Speaker 2: Growing, gonna heat up as the week goes on. As we are unofficially now in summer, Welcome to June, everybody. We got a pretty good weekend next weekend for you. I like to call it Father's Day weekend. I like to call it Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling about that? Bradby.
Speaker 2: Listen, I know it's a second class citizen. Okay, I know that Father's Day. Nobody cares.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous. It's true. It's true.
Speaker 4: Also, like, let's just take a second to shout out to all the single moms out there that any word.
Speaker 2: Do any guys post pictures of their dogs like their their dog dance?
Speaker 4: I hope?
Speaker 2: Is it just is dog mama thing his dog dad a thing Chile? Oh my goodness, so there's twenty five dogs.
Speaker 1: It's raining a horde of animal.
Speaker 2: But block next weekend, Friday, the thirteenth is going to be our.
Speaker 1: Ditch day, right.
Speaker 2: The fourteenth is Metallica, and then the fifteenth is.
Speaker 3: Father's So let's talk single Mother's Day. So Metallica is a sold out show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have tickets for you all week.
Speaker 11: This is damn handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 6: All right, bring old.
Speaker 1: Father's Day with Ron Ryan on ninety.
Speaker 2: A couple of people got it by emailing me, But that's not how you win the game. You gotta call, you gotta call, you gotta hear the lyric, and then you gotta get it right. But a couple of emails people are desperate for these Metallica tick.
Speaker 1: It's I got listener.
Speaker 3: Alex on the phone.
Speaker 1: Hey Elix, good morning, Yes, sir, mor how are you today? Sir? It was a beautiful day.
Speaker 3: Just eating a banana, just eating the banana. Bring just remember to bring the banana to your mouth, not your mouth to the banana.
Speaker 1: That's what I was told.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: Let's listen to this lyric.
Speaker 11: Man, what do we have here? An outlaw and his beer. I run this land, you understand. I make myself Claire.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be an odd song or something. It's got to be something weird. Alex, what's the name of the band in the name of the song? That's Beastie Boys, Paul, Alex, Is that correct?
Speaker 1: It is correct?
Speaker 2: Okay, So yeah, that sounds like some Beastie Boys lyrics.
Speaker 1: I never and Alex would get it.
Speaker 4: He's Elite's an elite name, elite people.
Speaker 1: Ticket whoa wow? Al Yeah, yeah, I might bring my daughter, bring my daughter. How old, Alex?
Speaker 4: How old is your girl?
Speaker 1: She's eleven.
Speaker 3: Has she been to like a big time concert before?
Speaker 4: No, She's been to a couple of side shows.
Speaker 1: Like, we went to that. Uh, there's a beer fet we went to y'all and she got pulled up on page.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she's been to some live music, but you're thinking about maybe going big for the first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thinking about it. I'm seriously considering it. My my wife might have something to say about that, but I love it. Well, I just posted. I'm actually very curious who wins that argument.
Speaker 4: I'll just tell you.
Speaker 2: London was excited when she heard about Metallic. She goes, oh my god, we're going to Metallic. I said, I'm going. You're I'm getting you a babysitter.
Speaker 1: She thinks he's going to all the shows.
Speaker 2: I'm like, nah, nah, I need all right, listen, you got the sold out Metallic ticket. What's your daughter's name, Alex Jane. Okay, there you go. We said it on the radio. Jane now has to go, so there you go. Mom's got all right, awesome, all right, man, have the best time.
Speaker 4: Alex rod Ryan show, all.
Speaker 1: Right at Empire upon Empire the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Five Buzz Beastie Boys with Paul Revere.
Speaker 4: Good morning, and there's.
Speaker 1: Another pair of Metallica tickets out the door.
Speaker 2: Listener Alex uh maybe possibly taking his daughter to her first big show eleven. Yeah, yeah, she's ready.
Speaker 1: To ride giants, really big show. She's ready. But his wife wants to go. Yeah howick, I don't know. You flip a coin. I don't know. Yeah, I don't know how that works.
Speaker 2: Good luck, Alex Metallica tickets all week sold out? On the show today or on the show this week.
Speaker 3: Chili will move him around to the different hours.
Speaker 2: So if I had to guess, and pretty good at this game, I'm thinking Chili's gonna put.
Speaker 3: Them at eight twenty tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And then nine o'clock, probably around nine ten on Wednesday, and then.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Then he then he kind of goes all over the place.
Speaker 2: Because he likes to put him on know the show for the last day before the weekend. He makes you listen to the whole damn show. That's what he did see on Friday. So that's his little game.
Speaker 1: He likes that. Chilli has a tail to tell. I don't have time to get into it yet. I don't even know what now. I don't even know what it is. Do you know it's your twin brother. He has a tail. He has a tailed.
Speaker 2: Well, like a story. That's okay, Yeah, he doesn't like he doesn't know a tale like a get can know that. Mo and I were just watching this on television. Cops in New Jersey rescue a two year old who climbed into the luggage belt at the Newark Airport.
Speaker 3: This kid went for a ride man.
Speaker 1: He was on there for a long time.
Speaker 2: He went through all the things with the luggage and stuff. It's listen because he's okay. It's why it's really right funny about it. Okay, the kid didn't get hurt. It happened on Wednesday. This this is on three Things you Must See. It's headlining three Things you Must See Today. So last Wednesday, at the check in desk, while the mom was distracted talking to a Jet Blue agent, I guess the kid went down the chute at the end of the belt. Two cops were walking by. They jumped into action. One of them was able to grab.
Speaker 3: The kid right before he went through the X ray machine.
Speaker 4: But he went for a bit of a ride on.
Speaker 1: This was on there for a long time, and they.
Speaker 2: Have and they jumped from different camera angle, the camera angle for the kids.
Speaker 3: You can see him just having a blast.
Speaker 5: And the mom could do nothing. They wouldn't let her like jump after him. No, no, which is your first instinct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to go jump in the well right after God get your kid.
Speaker 3: They're like, you know, so, it's really funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's right there at the X ray machine.
Speaker 4: He's completely fine. It's funny if you pair.
Speaker 1: It with kids, feels this to their core. You can't turn your toddlers are so fast.
Speaker 2: You can't turn your head for even a second. Three things you must see on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot coms.
Speaker 1: Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 8: Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show on this MILF Monday.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll get over there.
Speaker 3: I haven't checked out the Instagram feature yet.
Speaker 2: I also have my six picks up from the weekend, and I just showed mo I put it.
Speaker 1: I've thought so much of it, I.
Speaker 2: Put it up on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show. Stacy Pritchard thank you. She must do word finds.
Speaker 3: And she said, I'd just like you guys to know that you made a published word find book.
Speaker 2: The category was US Music Festivals Rock Klahoma, Stagecoach, Summerfest, Lollapalooza.
Speaker 1: Oh, Buzzfest is on the list. That's full. Is that so ful? Yeah? So it's like a published It's like something that she bought in a book of word finds and Buzzfest was on there with us festivals. So how cool is that? Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: We're lucky to have it.
Speaker 3: We're lucky to have you guys with us every morning.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I see nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, highs of around ninety one.
Speaker 3: Himoth hey, Rod Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Please that's right.
Speaker 5: Suspect was identified last night by the FBI as the man who allegedly attacked a group in Boulder trying to have a peaceful event supporting Israeli hostages held in Gaza. The FBI is calling it a targeted terror attack and they're investigating it as terrorism. The guy yelled pre Palaestine and used to makeshift flamethrower injuring six people, one in critical condition. The suspect himself was taken to a hospital with minor injuries. Just days before a Senate confirmation vote. The White House has pulled the nomination for the head of NASA. President Trump announced the decision on true Social citing a thorough review of prior associations. The nominee is a billionaire private astronaut with ties to Elon.
Speaker 1: Musk's SpaceX, and he was picked to be NASA's next administrator.
Speaker 5: The White House said the new nominee aligned more with Trump's for America agenda and will be named soon.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: If a day at the beach is on your summer plans, duh, you're in for more than just fun in the sun, because a new study is out saying, yes, you're gonna get rest and relaxation, but time at the beach also provides mental health benefits known as sea therapy.
Speaker 1: I've always believed in this rob I'm not confirmed. Okay, it's not that I don't like the beach.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: What's what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: But when it comes to vacations, and again, I'm a weirdo.
Speaker 3: I'm a get up and go guy, Like I want to go somewhere.
Speaker 4: I'm want to go to a city and.
Speaker 1: I want to like and I'm going to go and I want to run around and do all the things like every day and put in twenty thousand steps a day and all that hour you know, and stuff we just did Disney Lining.
Speaker 2: I really haven't had a whole lot of vacations where I just go lay around that says something about you.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know what. I'm a psycho.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe I like but I do like it.
Speaker 3: It's just never, it's never my first thought for a vacation.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you the benefits?
Speaker 5: Okay, please reduce stress, boost your mood, improve your sleep, and even helping with cognitive restoration.
Speaker 1: Rod. I'd be good for you.
Speaker 2: I don't doubt those things, but it's not my first thought for a vacation. For some reason, I don't go, yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe is it? Is it something you do later on? I don't know it's good for you? Did you do a lot?
Speaker 2: I mean, you went for your honeymoon, when you guys went to Jamaica, it was the point.
Speaker 1: Just to kind of layer. Yeah, yeah, like, no, I'm not going to do that. I even want to do that. I don't know.
Speaker 16: Maybe I'll do that one of these days, probably not with the child, probably not.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is there just are there two different kinds of vacation people. Yeah, you're the other one. I'm just not the white you.
Speaker 5: So I'm people that are like you and you go, go go, It's fine, see therapy. Let's talk about Taylor Swift. She made headlines over the weekend again. Still, she regained control of all her music. If you remember, it was a big deal. She didn't own her masters, so she had to re record and re release all of her original songs. They were owned by a guy named Scooter Braun. Yeah, she's finally got him back. She says, the best things that have ever been mine finally actually are.
Speaker 3: Listen. I'm not saying that she twisted my arm.
Speaker 1: But she made me go buy Taylor's versions of all these things you did. And she was like, boohoo, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Buy my want, you gotta buy the stuff that I that I'm going to get the money for and now. And I supported and everybody went out and supported Taylor.
Speaker 1: I never did.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying a lot of people did. I'm speaking for them.
Speaker 2: And I'm thinking a class action lawsuit against Taylor for all the money that we forked over for those Taylor versions because you made us by them.
Speaker 1: You did. Her fans are happy for her rob she celebrated over the week.
Speaker 3: I was Selena go, how do these people get away with doing no wrong?
Speaker 1: Am I the only one that sees it this way? No? I mean, but it's it's tricky. Good luck broad good luck you go.
Speaker 2: Did your fans in the buying those Woe is Me helped me correct this injustice?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Perppy, shems them. Now, I've never seen she's free from scooter prop.
Speaker 1: These people never.
Speaker 2: They fallen, these piles of poop and never make they come up amazing.
Speaker 5: Let's look off Finger eleven. They're Canadian rock band. They finished their first new album in ten years. It's called last Night on Earth and they say it's one of their best. They're releasing it with their new label and after ten years, that nice long gap. They said they can look at songs with fresh eyes.
Speaker 1: That's why the gap.
Speaker 3: Let's take along, look at this wizard.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get this album in. Let's take a listen to that Adrenaline as the latest single. Have you heard it yet? It's supposed to be really energetic.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm gonna go look for it.
Speaker 1: Check it out. Those of Houston's taplines. All right, well this is.
Speaker 2: All on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: Hey hello Astros one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they gotta win yesterday, shutting out the Rays one nothing. They split their four game series with Tampa Bay. They're gonna have a day off today before they open up a three game series with the Pirates tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports here.
Speaker 4: Thanks Alex Rock and Alternative The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Musshay, pompcas.
Speaker 3: Fur, the buzz.
Speaker 4: That's what part of the show for people. I can't do both of those.
Speaker 1: Back to back. Come on, it's dumb. Why'd you schedule that like that, Alex. I gotta do the Pumpkins thing.
Speaker 3: Then I gotta do the halfway point thing.
Speaker 1: They sound dumb.
Speaker 4: Back to back this.
Speaker 1: They sound dumb on their own, let alone back to back.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody, the eighth four. We are at the halfway point. If you're just joining us, well, where the hell have you been?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: I mean fast, Jeff's not even in our lives anymore. Okay, so apparently not that fast. We gave away a pair of Metallica tickets already. We gave we Shine down tickets already.
Speaker 4: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of great things for you, Okay, don't even worry about it. Modest Mouse, Flaming Lips, August twentieth.
Speaker 4: Seventy one to three.
Speaker 1: Music setup.
Speaker 2: We got tickets to that that's coming up in just a little bit. We got Mars Volta tickets. We got Taco Fest tickets, which I still I gotta get more information on this, but we'll have that information for you.
Speaker 4: Know, the show.
Speaker 2: We're giving away VIP, a four pack of VIP passes to something called Taco Fest.
Speaker 3: So they kind of approach you with it, do you want to give these away?
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, Taco Fest.
Speaker 3: Of course, weekend fun, all right, So we've got that coming your way.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of concerts that are going to be announced soon, so that's coming this week.
Speaker 1: That's great news. The heat is going to be coming this week today, highs of around nine. It's only gonna get warmer.
Speaker 2: Kind of a cool thing, really cool now that I'm thinking about it, it's super duper cool. On our Instagram at rod Ryan's show, Shannon sent me a picture.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Stacy, Stacy Pritchard.
Speaker 2: She said, Hey, I thought you'd like to say this rod You guys made a published word find book. I don't know where this thing came from, but it's a word find. It's just like a box of a bunch of scrambled letters. And the category is US music festivals. And there is the Firefly, There's Lollapalooza, There's SunFest, Summerfest, Stagecoach Rock Klahoma, a lot of these you've heard of before. There's Buzzfest on there in a published word find book.
Speaker 1: We need to find this book, guys.
Speaker 2: Buzzfest is a big deal, man. Buzzfest is a huge deal. People know about Buzzfest. Bands look forward to it. Bands were baby bands were Papa Roach still talks about it. They're like, I remember being on the side stage. We were Nobody's you know, and and Shine Down and you know, I know they played other festivals, but there's just there's something special about Buzzfest. Let me tell you, there's something really really special about it. So that was kind of cool. So that's on our Instagram. You should be following us, should be following us on everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why aren't you? How do you find this round? Don't let me catch you If I see you out. I'm gonna grab you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna slap the phone right out of your hand, and I'm gonna look to see if you're following us Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Hi YouTubers.
Speaker 3: You can see Mo at rod Ryan Show at rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can see us on there, so we're the show is live on Facebook and it's all the cleavage cam.
Speaker 4: There you go, there's Mo.
Speaker 1: We got the.
Speaker 3: Who you change the angle of that camera.
Speaker 1: One of my first orders of business.
Speaker 2: I had nothing going on this weekend, which was good.
Speaker 1: It's good for you mentally.
Speaker 4: We've been running around a lot lately. Right.
Speaker 2: It provided six picks, things like the nationally known Buzzfest. You know, we've been running around, We've been running our asses around here. I didn't have a whole lot of plans. Only one kid party, only one kid birthday party. That's a good weekend, Alec. Yeah, when you only had one party to go to, Okay, Like one of my neighbors, the parents had to split up in teams to take the kid to two things.
Speaker 3: Here and the other kid had two things going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like they had to split up. It's one of those deals. Man.
Speaker 2: These parties are outrageous. It's like it's unstoppable, these birthday parties. So I only had one party to go to. Other than that, I didn't have a whole lot of plans this weekend, And of course that's why I, you know, I got the six picks. Saturday, I went out to lunch this new spot Yummy Seafood and Oyster Bar.
Speaker 1: Okay, pretty great in the Heights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the Heights, kind of near the Kroger's Studemont. I don't I don't know what the difference is between I live right there. There's a Studemont and a stud would Yeah.
Speaker 5: Everyone, I don't hip on their preferences, but I get the idea of the area.
Speaker 1: It turns into something else. Yeah, it's pretty great. It's pretty great. There used to be there used to.
Speaker 2: Be a party store there, like an old school party store, not party City.
Speaker 4: It was a standalone party store.
Speaker 1: You're not talking about Arnie's. You're talking about there was another one. Yeah, it was right there. It sat there forever, and they redid that whole building.
Speaker 2: They tore it down, boom, and then they put a Starb's in there, and then that's where this Yummies Seafood and oyster bar. So uh it's really good, kind of like seafoody and stuff.
Speaker 10: It was good.
Speaker 2: Then the birthday party that I went to, where was it at a jumper jumper world?
Speaker 1: I thought we were going to get to jump. You didn't get to jump.
Speaker 2: I was ready to go. No, just the kids got to jump safety first. We come like ready to go on these things, like I like to jump at these places.
Speaker 1: Saturday afternoon. This place was crazy. Yeah, so I just grabbed it.
Speaker 2: I just grabbed a love Street and then I got a picture of London jumping. So that's that's me drinking at Urban Air.
Speaker 1: Dad's so hard.
Speaker 3: I was Dad really hard. Yeah, Like I walked in. I just went. You just hear like there's just kids everywhere.
Speaker 2: There's kids swinging on like a ziplining over your head. There's kids whizzen by all day. There's kids whizzen by, and it's just so much activity. I'm like, yes, I wasn't there two minutes and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, did they sell beer here?
Speaker 1: Smart on them? All right?
Speaker 2: And then I there was a lot of kids and I snuck a piece of pizza. I'm like this, You're not like allowed pizza. You gotta wait to make sure that all the kids get one, and then it's no in the end. So I don't think everybody. The thing that people aren't doing, I'll never forget. A call came into this radio station from a parent and said, Rod, this was before I had kids. She goes, listen, I know you don't have kids, and you don't I know, you don't know what we're dealing with out here. But we just had a party for my kid this weekend. Nobody RSVP'd and nobody showed up. Yeah, I hate to bring the mood down. What I can't even imagine a kid inviting everybody and then nobody rsvping and no shows and nobody came to the kids party. I'm telling you, I wanted to cry in the radio. So I think about that all the time now. And so there was I think they invited a lot. There was twenty five kids at this party. Yeah, they invited. Well, she's Margot, she's got her kids, and she's the little neighbor. She's got the school kids. Then she's in like karate, she's got that. Then she's got the gymnastics group. She's got a lot of kids. So a lot, but forty five kids were invited. Twenty showed up and I said, how many of them? I asked the mom, I said, how many of them? ARESVP? She goes, well, nobody was getting back to me. She goes, I had to pick up the phone and call to.
Speaker 1: Say, hey, are you coming.
Speaker 2: You have to plan ahead because you can't buy pizzas on the fly. Now you have to pre order all this because we had a little room and you know, and you get the sodas, and you get the pizzas, and you buy yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah socks that they need for that jumpy place.
Speaker 2: So you have to you have to have a pretty solid number when you do that stuff.
Speaker 3: If you're just having a party at your house, no big deal.
Speaker 2: I'm the only dummy that has parties at my house. Still, every one of my neighbors takes these kids off campus and does it and doesn't trash their house.
Speaker 1: They don't have to clean their house. It's brilliant. Yes, I mean, it's what I mean. A kid's party is a kid's party is one thousand dollars? Yeah, I don't know what does a room cost that urban air for twenty five kids? Will they include a lot of this five hundred Bucks.
Speaker 5: It's more than that, okay, yeah, especially twenty five Yeah, twenty.
Speaker 1: Five kids, Urban air pizza cake. I think you're looking at a grand Yes, bring your own cake.
Speaker 2: You can't byoc okay, yeah, let's see.
Speaker 3: So so London's jumping, I'm drinking.
Speaker 1: Uh what else did you you this weekend?
Speaker 2: So I'm out there on two ninety, I'm like, man, I haven't been to mancou So Harley Davidson a while.
Speaker 1: So I stopped in there. Don't need another bike, Come on, get another bike.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, I'm too sitting there that I don't ride, Like I have two bikes that are on the trickle charger that I don't ride.
Speaker 1: So fun to look. I got a little pool.
Speaker 4: Time with the kid.
Speaker 2: You brought in six picks a couple of weeks back. And your husband was on the flat top.
Speaker 1: Oh he loves his Blackstone.
Speaker 13: Okay, by the pool I have, I don't use it, and I used it. Yeah because I saw you. I saw your dude looking so cool on his flat top. You make so I made some Philly cheese steaks. There was there was a Costco trip this weekend. That was my big weekend.
Speaker 3: I don't even.
Speaker 1: Ask what I got out of Costco. I can only imagine.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, it under six hundred dollars, just fairly.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I affel you. The girlfriend acts a fool in there, doesn't know how to doesn't not.
Speaker 1: To act, got to have a list. It's like, what do you think we have like an industrial sized freezer at the house? What are you putting off his food?
Speaker 4: So cheese steaks on the flat top, don't give me a hard time. I put him on chibata bread.
Speaker 1: It was delicious sounds.
Speaker 3: And then I'm just hanging out with foodoo a little bit.
Speaker 4: So there's the six.
Speaker 2: Picks, so six picks on. Yeah, Chili has some tale to tell. I want to hear from chilled. What did you say died?
Speaker 1: Chili almost died this weekend? Yes, it looks good. Wait, he's mentally not all stable? Is he bruised up? Is he you have?
Speaker 2: I don't see a scratch on you because I hate him all No, No, I know how to cover him.
Speaker 1: I don't see a scratch on you. I can't even know it was uh not yet? Story time with you coming up?
Speaker 6: Oh sure, sure, anytime you want. I've got story.
Speaker 3: So he's got a story this week and do you know that happens?
Speaker 1: Why do you know? Because I was worried about him. Okay, Alex, you don't know the story.
Speaker 6: I say, get her a picture of a blackstone. That's how she knows.
Speaker 1: I'm getting after it this weekend. All right, all right?
Speaker 2: So Sheilly's got story time coming up. I have tickets to go see Modest Mouse and Flaming Lips. My six picks are on links and guests. Buzzfest is awesome. Go check out our instagram at rod Ryan Show Do All the Things Rock.
Speaker 8: And Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz Welcome back Rob Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: Mojis served us some delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, like we just said, I'm telling you like I want it to happen every day now, like these little delicious finger sandwiches. I felt like I was a bunch of girls like having a tea little sandwich in the South. Maybe you got a little finger sandwiches and some tea and then you talk about, you know, what happened on the Housewives or something you made it you made the bread that we were just eating right.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my god, I don't know how my husbands to me. It was delicious, thank you. That's what I did this week.
Speaker 2: We're gonna need a little finger sandwiches every day at eight twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was a nice little snack.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was wonderful.
Speaker 2: Just the right amount of peanut butter and jelly, just because bread with no carbs. It wasn't a lot, It wasn't a lot of peanut butter and jelly. I was good, but there was a lot of bread because you.
Speaker 4: Made the bread the star what you're seeing, and it really was, it truly was.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so great, thank you, welcoming, thank you. I'm ready for the second half. Right, She's gonna be the best trending ever. Yeah, fueled by Moe's little finger sandwich. Was about to say, peanut butter and jelly is trending? Did you know that Mo made peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
Speaker 4: Every buddy milk Monday is trending? Right, Momo, not Mo, but Momo is a Texas woman and she is our feature for the day. Thanks to our good friend that lost Magnifico.
Speaker 1: For submitting her. Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no, no, it's really good. A lot of people checking her out this morning. Okay, yeah, like wish to see her, right, don't you the that's like Bunny Exo's older sister, probably cooler, probably cool. It doesn't try and get in the way all the time. Stop it by whatever signific. He's so awesome.
Speaker 3: Somebody said she's the new Sharon I wasborn.
Speaker 1: No, my worm. I like that. Take you like that? Take all? Right? What else? Northern Lights is trending?
Speaker 4: Did you know the Aurora of burialis Yeah, you did it. That'll be visible tonight in twenty three states. Not here though, oh really sorry. You can just go look it up on Google and it'll be like you're it'll be like you're there, Northern Lights.
Speaker 1: And then Mount Etna is trending.
Speaker 4: The volcano in Sicily, Italy erupted and it said scent tourists running. Wow, there's a volcano going on in Italy. Watch out if you're twelve of our Italian listeners. But that's just training on ninety prof the buzz gunny tickets I do.
Speaker 1: Actually, we got modest Mouse.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're gonna be here with the Flaming Lips August twentieth at our favorite everyone three music Hall tickets around sale now ticket mester dot com. Or you could be caller ten right now seven one three, two one two five nine.
Speaker 10: Good luck.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four five Buzz rocking out with Stain.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Milk Monday. All right, this is a relation with Bunny xo. Right, She's got to be somehow related to Bunny xo.
Speaker 4: The milk today.
Speaker 1: Go check it out on the.
Speaker 2: World famous rod Ryan Show page at Thebuzz dot com show. He's got all kinds of links up for you today. I don't even take a look. I sent a bunch of stuff food blog page today and three things you must see. Oh the kid, the kid going through the TSA on this din there on the conveyor RelA with all the luggage.
Speaker 3: He's fine. That's why we can laugh at it. He's fine. It's super funny.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's the rod Ryan Show Cares online store, my six picks looking at girls, the Music News sports blog page.
Speaker 4: Good to see that back. I got a rare gold lobster they found when I spared his life.
Speaker 1: I say, they got saved, right. I've seen the blue ones. I don't know that I've seen a gold lobster before.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jerry, yeah, it looks orange to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You can go look at this. It wasn't all you can eat. It was spared from an all you can eat restaurant. Extremely rare golden lobster discovered. So I have that for you on the food blog page.
Speaker 1: We're giving away tickets. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? Jeff beat Hi, Jessica, how are you? I'm great?
Speaker 2: How are you awesome? What's a better vacash? What's a better vacation? You go and then you go and you take all these excursions and you're kind of running around and you're seeing everything. Or five days laying around on a beach doing what's a better vacation? Five days on the beach doing nothing?
Speaker 1: You're going to answer that, give you about why just laying around like a slug.
Speaker 3: It's her birthday tomorrow. This is her dad and we're going fishing right now.
Speaker 1: What is dad? Jessica? Can I ask cold? You're good? Happy birthday?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: It was, Oh, it's Jessica and Dad.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So Jessica is there, Dad?
Speaker 1: What's your name? Michael?
Speaker 2: And is this like a father daughter time? You're fishing for the birthday type of deal?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is so great. You're on the water right now. Now we're headed. We just went to Burger King eight and now we're hitting the water here in about thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Slackers.
Speaker 2: I thought fishermen were up before us, fishing like eight thirty all the fish birthday?
Speaker 1: You want to be sleep?
Speaker 2: All right, Now, here's what's gonna happen. I'm telling you right now, Dad, here's what's gonna happen. You guys are going to catch the biggest fish you have ever seen, and you're gonna send us a picture of your catch.
Speaker 3: All right, absolutely, And I'm gonna hook.
Speaker 2: Because Jessica's birthday tomorrow, we're gonna hook her up with some tickets.
Speaker 4: She has called her ten.
Speaker 1: What are you giving her?
Speaker 10: Care?
Speaker 1: The modest Mouse, Jessica, Happy birthday.
Speaker 5: They're here August twentieth seven musical We're excited for you today.
Speaker 1: That is so great. What are you hey? Ron? You do I get to go? Well, that's on her. They're Jessica's tickets. No pressure, No pressure, girlfriend.
Speaker 2: What are you guys fishing for today? Anything specific or whatever?
Speaker 4: Whatever?
Speaker 3: Bites redfish and trout and flounder.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Need some red fish in my life, so jealous.
Speaker 3: All right, listen.
Speaker 1: Guys, I'll send you a picture. I'm a chef, can come over and hook all up. He's gonna cook him. Rod has a blackstone. He doesn't know how to use it, but.
Speaker 10: I gotta come over, hook you up.
Speaker 2: Let's go, all right, guys, really fun, Jessica, have a great birthday.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see the pictures. Catch me a whale.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So that's those tickets gone, Matt's mouse. Let me lips will have those all week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really cool.
Speaker 1: Kishing with your dad? How great?
Speaker 4: Is that good for you?
Speaker 2: Hey, Chili, you have a second or are you busy? I know you gotta get Jessica's information. They're out getting ready to go.
Speaker 1: He's eating peanut butter and jelly too.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 6: I thought I will be when you're talking about that Breid, but peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 1: Mo made that bread?
Speaker 6: Did you put honey on it?
Speaker 5: It's got honey in it? Yeah, yeah, local honey. It's good for you it was good.
Speaker 2: But that's all she'll say, like she's that weirdo. She want to tell me how she made it or I've asked.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that was good.
Speaker 1: Is there egg in there? No? No eggs?
Speaker 6: Is because she made him with love?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah right, Chili, MO told me that you almost died this weekend, and for some reason, Mo has the the four to one one on your hapenings this weekend. Alex and I are clueless. Did you almost die this weekend?
Speaker 6: Well not quite, but I don't know everything.
Speaker 1: By the grace of God, he's alive.
Speaker 2: Everything with everything with Chili always needs to start. What had happened was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what had happened? Well, So the weekend started out. I met up with the boys, Dirty Liw and Mauricio. We met at the local watering hool Friday night and we started drinking.
Speaker 2: He has six picks and he goes home and sleeps all weekend. He doesn't have six picks. The guy's out to the bar, almost loses his life.
Speaker 1: He's out with the boys.
Speaker 6: That was Friday, okay, because you know, some stories are best told over a year.
Speaker 4: Okay, very good.
Speaker 6: So then we made plans for Saturday, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna wait a minute, you're gonna do something two days in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So because I was gonna be out, I had to do a broadcast at Total Wireless in Pasadena. Okay, So I was gonna be there from eleven to one, and I was like, I, after that, I can come over to your house, Loo, and then we'll swim and then we'll eat tacos, burgers and all that stuff.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw lou at Buzzfest.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking good.
Speaker 6: So that was a plane. So we were there. Well, we were in the pool like around two thirty. From two thirty till two am, we were just in the pool.
Speaker 1: You know, best day this guy, this sounds like the business. This is the busiest.
Speaker 2: Weekend of Chili's life. Saday, Friday night out with the boys. Saturday, he's got a gig and then he goes and swims till two in the morning and eats tacos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then what my six picks suck? You should have had the weekend.
Speaker 6: So he lives. The way his house is set up is like right at the corner of a busy street intersection.
Speaker 2: I thought, this is gonna maybe you had too many tacos and you went right to the.
Speaker 1: Bottom of the pool.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I'm a floater, bro, I'm a floater. Hey fell asleep, had taco and went right to the bottom.
Speaker 6: So we were always talking about like, man, has any car ever like missed the turn and just gone straight through the backyard?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: God no, So we always talked about that, and then that's never having happens or whatever. So it happens that it's like one thirty and Louis like, all right, man, I guess I'm tired, y'all can say and say in the pools alls, y'all want get up, Louise.
Speaker 2: Louis checking out, and you're still going at two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 6: I mean we still had like beer left, you know. So I'm not gonna sit there and let the beer.
Speaker 3: Go the way with this guy. But where's my chili?
Speaker 6: But but then, y'all know this about me. When I party, I party you like five six am.
Speaker 4: He can't yeah, like once every five years.
Speaker 6: Whatever, just beer involved. I'm sitting there and I'm having a good time.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: We put the tunes in and then music and all that, and we're good. Get to the park where you like, so Lou said, dad, and then Maurice's like, all right, you ready. I was like, yeah, all right, let's go. So we're going to go home, so, you know, we leave, and then I wake up the next morning and Lou was like, hey, are you available? I was like, yeah, what's up? I need either take me to home depot or Low's. And I was like what for. He's like, he sent me a picture a car went through his backyard. Oh god, and like it stopped, like I guess the front tire went in the pool.
Speaker 1: And why.
Speaker 4: You're kidding?
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, when we hang out, that's where the.
Speaker 3: Like what time did he what time did the car go?
Speaker 1: Thro?
Speaker 6: This had to happen around two am?
Speaker 1: You were done? Yeah, we had just half hour earlier.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had just left. If he would have stayed out, we would have been there, like I probably would have beheaded.
Speaker 3: So the person driving the car wasting.
Speaker 6: I wote he was so tired that he went to sleep, didn't feel a thing or hear a thing. And I guess the police got the person. But that you want to give out too much InFocus, you know whatever, But.
Speaker 2: Billy, yeah, bro, this is why we don't stay out late anymore. This I want you back on the couch for the next five weekends.
Speaker 6: Well, this is the time old age one saved my life.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's not wild. Yeah, no one was hurt, thank god.
Speaker 6: Yeah nobody was hurt. But yeah, you know, thank God that god steal wants me around.
Speaker 4: Did you almost lose your life watching blue Blood's on the couch?
Speaker 1: No, okay, I want you back at home, almost safe.
Speaker 6: Almost choking a Dorina watching the TV.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: Miss Christina is not going to let you out of the house any wants.
Speaker 1: I can't be trusted.
Speaker 6: They have to chew my food for me.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, I'm glad you're good, Chillie. Thank you, my gosh.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. Here's the Lincoln Park and up from the bottom of the pool.
Speaker 2: Bus ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show f Lincoln Park and up from the bottom. Chile's weekend kind of all wrapped up before that. I don't know why he didn't have the six picks this weekend. I did have the six picks, so you can go check those out on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at Thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 1: We've got something kind of special going on.
Speaker 2: Ron Hoover RV and Marine centers now we're talking about the one specifically on the West side Katie, West Houston. They're gonna help us out in the store this Wednesday. Now, I'm not telling you not to go shopping today, because I would never do that. I want you to go into the store. You know that we're trying to raise money for backpacks. But our friends at Ron Hoover ARV and Marine of West Houston and Katie are going to do a match day. Moss not been around for these things. Ron Hoover is gonna put up five thousand dollars. If our listeners can go in and spend five thousand, they will mass They will match up to five thousand dollars spent in the Rod Ryan Show Care store on Wednesday morning. Okay, So we don't want to leave any money on the table. Okay, So we have to try to get our folks motivated to spend five grand that morning Wednesday, and.
Speaker 3: Then we can max out.
Speaker 2: They're sitting on a five thousand dollars check this yours now, if you guys go in and spend three thousand dollars, they'll give us three thousand.
Speaker 1: They're gonna match whatever you guys wanting up to.
Speaker 2: Up to five, so we can have a ten thousand dollars day in the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store, So Ron Hoover RV Marine of West Houston, Katie love you. That's gonna be going down on Wednesday. So the store is open today and while I got you, it's like boom, go in there, make your purchase whatever. But if you want to wait until Wednesday, I'm cool with that because it's gonna be a fun morning.
Speaker 15: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative all Day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, The.
Speaker 2: Bus ninety four or five, The buzz Lifts, my own worst Enemy.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show has some.
Speaker 1: Great tickets for you.
Speaker 2: Still in this fourth and final hour, we're going to talk about that Taco Fest. We have four packs of VIP passes. Moe will tell you all about it, but that's not until know the show. We got Mars Volta October twenty eighth, seventy one three Music Call.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you those tickets closer to around nine ten.
Speaker 2: Really no rain to speak of it all today, partly cloudy highs of around ninety one.
Speaker 3: One final time, mo, I.
Speaker 2: Know you're not starting out with such great news today, but Houston's headlines, please sure.
Speaker 5: Suspect designed to find last night by the FBI as the man who allegedly attacked a group in Boulder, Colorado during a peaceful event supporting Israeli hostage is held in Gaza. The FBI is calling it a targeted terror attack and they're investigating it as terrorism. The guy yelled at Free Palestine and he used a makeshift flamethrower to.
Speaker 1: Injure six people.
Speaker 5: One person is in critical condition and the suspect was taken.
Speaker 1: The hospital with minor injuries.
Speaker 5: All right, that dusty hayes in our air we usually blame the Saharan dust and that's going to be a problem later in the week. But right now, it's wildfires in Canada that is causing issues with our air quality in the United States.
Speaker 1: I smoked travel a long way, man, like going to.
Speaker 5: Ninety out of control wildfires in Canada, evacuations all over the place. We know air quality can become unhealthy for sensitive groups. So that is you just be aware. It should be a problem only through today and then it should blow past.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: I take my responsibility very seriously, Rod, to keep you hip on the latest TikTok trends.
Speaker 1: I'm just a reporter here. Okay.
Speaker 2: It's that means it's dumb if you're talking about it.
Speaker 4: If it's not, hang on a second.
Speaker 1: I think this affects us.
Speaker 2: When was the last time there was a TikTok trend that was like, Wow, it is really good, like super helpful cooking with water.
Speaker 5: Water based cooking out, think about like cleaning.
Speaker 1: Sometimes there's hacks that will like blow your mind. Okay, so what is this? This is jalapenos in white wine? See dumb? Could you do it? See dumb? I don't. You don't. You're not a wine drinker, are you. I'm not really a wine drinker. I don't.
Speaker 3: It's not that I like it. It's not my first choice.
Speaker 1: I ate it.
Speaker 2: I don't, But I don't like the whole spicy really drink things.
Speaker 1: Oh that's weird to make. You've never had a spicy margarita.
Speaker 3: Never had a margarita.
Speaker 1: A spicy margarita like is fire.
Speaker 3: If you were though making them on the show one day.
Speaker 5: I was, and you would refuse to drink it still never have it. On my first day and you said no sinko to my ow. We did shots instead, which is fine. It's a compromise. But one day I'm gonna get you to drink a margarito with a jalapeno in it. If you're into this, try a chill glass of Sauvignon blanc with frozen julapenos in it. The science, the experts, they say, because of what the wine is made of, it actually brings out the taste.
Speaker 4: I've been doing the k soda with a little chopped up volopeno and the kind of takes away from the kick.
Speaker 1: Of the Yeah, I could see it in a ranch water. Yeah, a ranch writer, that would make sense.
Speaker 5: Jalapenos, they make sense. They're having like healthy, a resurgent.
Speaker 4: You know, man, That's why I'm so jacked, so healthy now I get.
Speaker 1: All these I can't follow him from tips.
Speaker 5: But there was just a big Netflix event, and I think you guys might geek out about some of these things because they unveiled some.
Speaker 1: Release dates, teasers, trailers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Stranger thinks, Yeah, I'm in fifth and final season. They're rolling down in three parts though, which is a little weird.
Speaker 3: These kids a rolled now though.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, they're like sixty years old.
Speaker 1: Basically, it's weird.
Speaker 4: They just retire by the time it finished this Are they all busy?
Speaker 1: Is that one taking a long time?
Speaker 5: But in the dates that they're rolling it out, that's the scary show, right, Yeah, they're doing it on holidays, so Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's so you have to watch.
Speaker 1: Them when the new shows come out. Yeah, that's okay, Stranger Things. I'm ready for it to go away.
Speaker 4: I am too. I'm excited to see it. I just like, all right, let's go, let's wrap it up.
Speaker 1: But is Eddie Munson coming back? I think he's going to be in like parts of it, but he's not.
Speaker 3: Even if he's but even if it's flashback or.
Speaker 4: Something, Yeah, he'll be featured in. Okay, that guy's kind of blown up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big time. He's gonna be one of the beatles. Yeah, Squid Games season three. I'm told that season two was really good. I need to jump back in. Maybe the teazer will help you.
Speaker 5: And most people are excited about the new Happy Gilmore two trailer that dropped.
Speaker 2: Chili has a blog page up. I know these are a lot of dates and stuff. We're kind of talking fast.
Speaker 4: Chili. Put up a blog page.
Speaker 3: You can watch the trailers and you can get all the dates of the things.
Speaker 1: Rod.
Speaker 5: This next story made me think of you in that video you took it Buzzfest during Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 1: Would have got hit in the face with a beach ball. Boom, somebody else got hit in the face with the beach ball.
Speaker 5: Worse, Post Malone and Jelly Roller on this big butt stadium tour and they started out with a bang if you will.
Speaker 1: It's a bad joke.
Speaker 5: A firework from their stage hit a fan in the head and the girl is okay, burns to her scalp.
Speaker 1: But the wildest part is girlfriend is.
Speaker 5: Filming Jelly roll sings save Me, and you hear the lyric I'm so damaged beyond repair.
Speaker 4: They like out just perfectly with the lyrics.
Speaker 5: Flying projectile hits her in the head, starts to smoke her hair.
Speaker 1: Oh, Chillie's got a link up. You can see the whole video. M I haven't watched it. I'm a little nervous. Oh you can see is bad. Oh it's good. I don't like hurt videos.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, you can laugh at this, Okay, she's okay, yeah, her put her head. You see the impact, and then you see her hair. It's smoking, and she's just living in the moment. Jelly's behind it, girl, she's doing that thing. She's doing that thing for the Graham or for her TikTok yeah, where she's not even looking at the stage anymore, and she's.
Speaker 1: Just selling the lost selfie.
Speaker 3: Right right right, and then boom hits gets hit in the head of the mortar.
Speaker 1: I have to watch.
Speaker 4: It's it's great.
Speaker 1: I keep your hat on. Those are Houston's headlines, or maybe just watch the performer see live at the moment. She's got great seats, all right, what you got?
Speaker 4: Pastros got it win yesterday shout out the raise one nothing. They split their four game series with Tampa Bay, and they're gonna have the day off today before opening up the three game series with the Pirates tomorrow night. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Stanley Cup on Wednesday, NBA Finals on Thursday.
Speaker 1: So it just kind of sucks right now. I would like nothing to do. Okay, softball, I guess it.
Speaker 5: Was college baseball on my TV all freaking weekend. I had something it on, some big upsets.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, guys, one more hour.
Speaker 2: You guys got one more hour in you Yes, sir, it's National Lead Work Early Day.
Speaker 1: No one's leading say to hot end. I just saw that. Why did you tell us I was gonna wait till the end of the show too, National Lead.
Speaker 4: Work Early Day showing you back. It's the ruck, grab some wood and get in your show.
Speaker 15: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety five bus Yeah, ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, brod Ryan's Show. Thank you guys for spending some time with us. We'll reward you for hanging out with us a little bit.
Speaker 1: With some great tickets this hour. So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be really hot this week. Unofficial official. Alex says it's official.
Speaker 2: It really is on official Summer. Yeah, I know, it's very summary. Highstedy around ninety one is going to feel much hotter than that. And then this week we're going to be talking about heat index going over one hundred again today this week, and all that stuff's.
Speaker 1: Coming this week.
Speaker 2: So let's just we know these things, Okay, we know these things. Over the weekend I told MO and probably a big deal that Stefan Diggs and Cardi B made it instant official that they are a couple.
Speaker 1: Still no word.
Speaker 3: I guess where does he play now?
Speaker 1: In New England?
Speaker 2: The Patriots, they've launched an investigation as to what that pink substance was.
Speaker 3: He was with those gals on a boat, which they were trying.
Speaker 1: They weren't even They weren't even going at him for the substance.
Speaker 3: They were going at him for Hey, look at him with these three chicks.
Speaker 1: Correct. It's like Cardi B was on that boat, was also there. She was there, She didn't care. Yeah, yeah, she was fine. She's like, try me. He's with Cardi B.
Speaker 2: He's doing okay, all right now Cardi B is in ther people playing this song.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's a radio edit, all right.
Speaker 2: Just because you guys, because you guys have young kids, yes, and you know that anything dealing with a kid is expensive, Okay, especially if it comes to childcare when you have young kids or somebody watching, or or if you're in a nanny situation.
Speaker 1: Do we know anybody like this that's spending a ton of money. I have an employee. Yeah right, bless her heart, it's so expensive.
Speaker 2: Apparently Cardi B is going through this divorce with Offset right now, and she went on this rant because he filed for spousal support. So Cardi B went off and she's got the numbers. She's got the numbers.
Speaker 1: I enjoy.
Speaker 2: I enjoy listening to Cardi B. I really do. I think she's funny. I think she's really really funny.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I agree with all of her choices and things that she's done.
Speaker 1: But you know, we've all, we've all whatever. So she's got she's got kids, right, she does.
Speaker 2: She's got six year old Culture, three year old Wave and then five month old Blossom.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they're all with they all sound like Migo's names.
Speaker 2: They're all from off set right now. This is what these kids are racking up. If anybody that's thinking about, oh there's Alex having another one, here we go. These kids have their own driver on retainer ten thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Cultures the six year old private school forty five thousand dollars a year, Waves School three years old thirty five thousand a year, three years old. Yeah, that's three years old. Thirty five thousand dollars a year. Culture and Wave get tutoring four times a week, two fifty an hour. Yeah, Cultures piano class three hundred dollars an hour, three times a week.
Speaker 4: That's a word of this is Cardy B writ in checks.
Speaker 1: There's gymnastics, there's boxing classes for waves. She doesn't know how much they cost, that's okay.
Speaker 2: She pays her cousin three thousand dollars a week to babysit once in a while, blossoms nanny five hundred dollars each shift because she's only staying during the day. The kids have a personal chef who's on the clock from seven until five because quote, people in my house don't have time to cook, thank you, Cardi B. Cardi B also said that she owns the house, has full time security to protect the kids.
Speaker 3: She added that she wants offset to die slow.
Speaker 1: Maybe he should have loved alling out sister.
Speaker 3: And he is allowed to see the kids whenever he wants.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, there's not one day that he's not allowed to see my kids.
Speaker 3: He stood my kids up three times.
Speaker 1: He is not good.
Speaker 2: She said that he's only seen blossom five times in the five months that the kids.
Speaker 1: So that stuff is tough, messy. But the money, it's so expensive. The money, I mean obviously hers his next level that kind of fun. Ye yeah, yeah, yea yeah. But if we could have a private chef for our children.
Speaker 2: We would Can anybody imagine spending that kind of money?
Speaker 1: I mean, like, think about the activities your kids are in. Yeah, you're right, that's what it's so expensive. No matter who you are, London does not have her own driver. No, but how nice would that be?
Speaker 3: My kid goes to public school.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank Jesus, thank God, thank you.
Speaker 3: We haven't started piano yet, but the piano is just citing.
Speaker 1: And the tutor like, heaven forbid, who do anything?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can teach your piano five hundred dollars less.
Speaker 3: I am my child's personal chefs.
Speaker 1: You feel like that now, no order.
Speaker 2: I am on the clock twenty four to seven, okay, And I am not.
Speaker 1: Making the kind of money that these kids personal chefs. I think about it. If you have the money, we're all our kids personal chefs.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 4: Being a personal chef have to be kind of awesome, though, I mean, I know you you're like working but like, how much are you cooking all day? Because if it's just kids, you're like, all right, you want a peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 5: Sanders a couple on Instagram that we're on campus people, Yeah, you're on campus, you're.
Speaker 1: In the house. Yeah. How much of it is just.
Speaker 5: Chilling, But a lot of it is like prepping for and are like stocking up the freezer for when you're not there. They want, like, you know, cookies, you're making a patch of cookies on your in between meals or like doing a thing of biscuits in between meals.
Speaker 1: Gotta be a good gig. It's got to be cool days where you're just saying and.
Speaker 5: Shopping smoothies all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here did the kids have a personal chef on the clock from seven am to five pm? It's great because quote people in my house don't have time to.
Speaker 1: Cook and mine either, so I just give them rawmen. He's really really dad? Hot dogs again? Dude's third time this week we've had hot dogs?
Speaker 3: What's going on over saying?
Speaker 1: Okay, big radio star, why corn dogs?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: It's still a hot dog? Dad, It's the same thing. All right, Let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 1: Let's us.
Speaker 5: I've got a pair of tickets to see the Mars Volts Alive October twenty eighth, seven one three Music Hall tickets on sale ticketmaster dot com. Or if you're called ten right now seven one three, you won to five nine four five caller number.
Speaker 8: Ten Houston for our Houston's alternative and Tom at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everybody, rod Ryan Show. Oh, most got a great ticket here.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Who's on the phone, Good morning, pab.
Speaker 3: Blue, Hey, Pablo, how are you today?
Speaker 4: You're good?
Speaker 1: You're gonna be even better? Yeah, your caller ten, dude, congrats.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's great man, I've fought good at hold you guys forever.
Speaker 1: That's standing work day.
Speaker 5: Mark Alta Live October twenty eight, seven one three Music Hall tickets on sale now at ticket.
Speaker 1: Mester dot com.
Speaker 5: If you're not as lucky as our friend Pablo here, whoo whoo yeh tyan all.
Speaker 3: Right, Pablo, thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: Brother. I appreciate you being a part of the show today. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Look you have you guys have good.
Speaker 4: You too, you too, Tomline.
Speaker 1: It's flicks online nine five the muzz Alex Rod she got over there.
Speaker 4: Today's a well you're gonna see people that solved everyday annoyances like maybe you just label the light switch so you don't have to guess what switch.
Speaker 1: Crazy people do that. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: I had a moment in my life where the label maker was my best friend. It's like I went like way above and be out like pots, Like no crap that you can see the pots right there, but I still put that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you get a layo maker like I did.
Speaker 6: Use it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, label make was pretty fun. If you've got some extra time, it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: Some some store put the parking lines on the wall too, so you don't park on the line, so it shows you like this is this separates the lanes this way.
Speaker 3: I love parking in front of a window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can see it. Yeah, it's the best. But a bunch of little hacks like that.
Speaker 4: You can see a bunch of people do and they're all pretty creative.
Speaker 1: So go check it out. See how people have solved every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is better than the first time.
Speaker 1: I think you heard three weeks four weeks. Wow, this is the first one.
Speaker 2: That so he brought that in, and you brought in frozen hallopanos in white wine.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: Check it out the web Finish rod Ryan Show, Paige to the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show, Mornings on the Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Read Hot Chili coovers Black Summer.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: We do love food on the show.
Speaker 2: And when I was approached about Taco Fest, I.
Speaker 1: Said, tell me less.
Speaker 2: Like, you want to give away tickets. There's something coming up called Taco Fest.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, yes, can I go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want So that's coming up. I know the show right, it is Discovery Green. It's so freaking that's cool. I mean they only do stuff cool over there right to begin with. So I just want you to know that that's coming. There's live entertainment, there's all kinds of taco joints, and Mo's gonna talk about this on know the show, but we're gonna have these tickets all week, all right.
Speaker 1: So Chili's like, can I be called ten like you work here? No you can't.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Taco Fest tickets coming up. We did give away Metallica tickets already today on the show. Those were at seven twenty on the Texas Hammer Game confirmed eight twenty tomorrow, and I'll try to give you a heads up before the day hits.
Speaker 1: Now, what are we gonna do at eight twenty? I don't know.
Speaker 2: We could play a game tomorrow. We could make you work for them. I mean, you know, let's do something fun.
Speaker 1: Can we have a good time? I like to play games. Can we have some fun please?
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't know, email me some suggestions.
Speaker 1: What do you want to play?
Speaker 3: We can do something tomorrow to win those Metallica tickets.
Speaker 1: But all week again sold out.
Speaker 2: Metallica tickets for the show coming up on the Saturday, the fourteen, Pantera opening up Suicidal Tendency.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I can't happy about that.
Speaker 2: You did anybody growing up do the boocket program with Pizza Hut?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You pizza?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like there was nothing cooler than a personal pan Pizza when Pizza Hut came out with that, the.
Speaker 1: Personal Pam Pizza.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: I know that you guys probably have these great stories of going on field trips and going to Washington, d C. We're going places or whatever, space camp, selling oranges, whatever you did.
Speaker 2: I don't know, what you did. Okay, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Weld wrapping paper, Okay.
Speaker 2: We had to sell oranges in band and I sold one case to my dad and one case to my mom, and that was it.
Speaker 4: People like it just in the market for oranges, or they like special bro I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't ask. Don't ask questions, no follow up questions on.
Speaker 1: That lot, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't go on the trip.
Speaker 1: Put it that way. Okay, that was to fund the trip. Do you think my parents said, hey, that's cool, you didn't sell the oranges. We'll just kind of pay. Now you're staying home.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, the one field trip we did go on Pizza Hut. We got to make a pan pizza. We had those crazy red tumblers.
Speaker 1: It was all your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so book it was. They said it's been going down since the mid eighties. Really yeah, so essentially it's working the same way.
Speaker 1: They're just.
Speaker 3: It's never gone away. But there's an app.
Speaker 2: There's an app, and you still have to read old school books.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not a it's.
Speaker 2: Not a they don't want you to be on the phone or anything like that. This whole thing is about the summer I think they call it the summer.
Speaker 1: Slide right where in school?
Speaker 2: Yes, so Pizza Hut announced that book it is going digital for the first time in forty years they've been doing this. So, I mean, kids don't care about anything unless there's a phone involved, correct right now. But it's just to track the reading, that's it. You're gonna have to still read actual books. So I'm looking at the press release here, and as reading skills tend to dip this time a year because what kids don't read as much.
Speaker 3: So by the time kids are.
Speaker 2: In middle school, they have supposedly lost two years worth of book learning because of the summer slide.
Speaker 1: I don't so it's sad. Yes, it's real.
Speaker 3: You're already ill believe that. Listen, it's January June.
Speaker 1: Second, you're already in.
Speaker 2: Your summer slide. You're a summer slide. I can tell you sound like you're in your summer slide.
Speaker 14: Always sliding, summer thriving. You look like a summer slide thriving. Book It program dot com. I love it, and then you set monthly reading goals. I'm doing this because I'm.
Speaker 1: Doing this, Rod, I've brought some books for your daughter today.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell me about the books you brought it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Alex, have my back on the swim. Do you remember last a couple.
Speaker 1: Of weeks ago. I guess we started.
Speaker 5: I did like a question for Fresh out of Bed and it was if you give him massa cookie, good forget?
Speaker 1: And Rod had never heard of that book.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know that cookies and milk go together. I just didn't know it's a book.
Speaker 1: It's a whole series. That's a way of life I brought.
Speaker 5: I brought the book for your daughter in London, and I brought a couple others from the series.
Speaker 1: What's the title if you give a mouse a cookie? It's literally the title of the book.
Speaker 3: They ask for milk? Well, how do you finish that phrase?
Speaker 1: It a whole whole series. You give him that, then you're.
Speaker 5: Just starting to ask for this, and then he's gonna ask for this, and then he's gonna ask for that.
Speaker 1: It's like the sweetish summer slide. What do you know? I know, I read lots of books.
Speaker 5: There will be no summer side and your daughter London will be getting her personal pan pizza thanks to Pizza, because I brought this.
Speaker 1: Book for her. Thank you I'd never heard of them. We have to read it to her report back.
Speaker 3: I absolutely will, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Will I read all the time.
Speaker 2: I think I think this is one of those things that universally, I don't know how you feel about Pizza Hut, but universally the book at program like it just it touched so many.
Speaker 1: People for so many years. El Ja.
Speaker 3: So again you go to book at program dot com. Thank you set your monthly reading goals.
Speaker 2: And I'm really thinking about signing up do It London for this business.
Speaker 1: We keep her reading for sure. The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five of us, the Buzz whipping.
Speaker 2: Out the Bush never mind, mo never mind. We gave away Bush tickets earlier.
Speaker 1: Toy Shine Down has Bush out on the road with them, right, okay, and the chick Morgan Wave. I know Morgan Wave. Morgan Waves came out. Yes, I watched The Real Housewives, y'all, I know who she is.
Speaker 2: Oh God, So we gave away Bush tickets already, that was Bush. We'll continue to give away Shine Down Bushicos tickets on the Dance Kid Dance Tour. They're gonna be here on August twenty seventh. Now, just got word A lot of things going on, a lot of moving parts happened here. Well, uh, well, the Metallica tickets that's locked in, we have those every day.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it tomorrow at eight twenty.
Speaker 2: Two concert announcements Tomorrow at nine o'clock, two shows, and I don't know how I'm gonna juggle.
Speaker 4: Those, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do, so we'll big. You got to do it.
Speaker 3: I'll juggle, you'll spend plates, and.
Speaker 1: Then you'll I don't know, dance. I'll do what I want to do. You don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, two concert announcements, so more tickets.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow's gonna be ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is gonna be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And then Wednesday, We've teamed up with Ron Hoover RV and Marine of West Houston and Katie and they have offered very generous a five thousand dollars match day on Wednesday.
Speaker 10: What is this?
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Show cares an online store.
Speaker 16: If I can get you guys to spend five thousand dollars in the store or donate or both collectively, yeah, they will match what you guys spend Wednesday morning up to five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Airgo a ten thousand dollars day for US day.
Speaker 2: And that's buying the backpacks full of school supplies for the kids. I mean, HISD is not even out of school until Wednesday, and we started early this year just because the backpacks cost a lot more, just like you guys are dealing with everything costing more. The backpacks I used to get them for about twenty bucks apiece, they're over thirty dollars now, I mean full of school supplies and stuff. So you know, we'll give away less backpacks. But that's me asking you for even more money. But I got these great angel investors coming through and Ron Hoover's going to start us off with a great I mean, you want to talk about an injection of money ten thousand dollars, we can do that on Wednesday morning.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 2: So thank you to our friends over at Ron Hoover for helping us out on this. That's going to be on Wednesday. If you want to go in the store and go make a purchase today, please do so a while it's hot, while you're thinking of it, or maybe just do a little pre shopping. Go look at what we got and then wait and then boom and then save it.
Speaker 3: For Wednesday to check out and then you can help us out.
Speaker 2: Every dollar you spend counts as two dollars thanks to our friends over at Ron Hoover, RV Marine, West Houston and Katie. So Big Day on Wednesday, Big Day tomorrow, all big days this week, all big days this week.
Speaker 1: All right, tell me a little bit about this.
Speaker 2: Thing that we're giving away, because we have four packs and I'm told.
Speaker 1: They're VIP VIP that's how you do it at the Taco Fest. I just said that, Yeah, of course this sounds really really cool. I want to give away tickets to this. As long as it's VIP, then we'll give them away.
Speaker 5: What is it, Well, let's put on by Texas Monthly, and you know they know how to do a festival. Sure, So it's Saturday Gen seventh, Discovery Green. They're taken over. They've got live entertainment, some of the best.
Speaker 1: Tacos Texas has to offer. So Texas Monthly.
Speaker 5: Does that fifty best Tacos in Texas list and they have fifteen of those places that are going to be on site. Texas Monthly dot com slash tacofest or you can win tickets during Know the show oh man, okay, can me say it's slower taco fests?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all right, four pack VIP passes to this coming up on the flip of the brakes.
Speaker 1: They there The rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 2: A ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, MILF Monday, number one link today. Appreciate you going by and checking out my six picks.
Speaker 1: I have those on links and guests show.
Speaker 2: He's got a food blog page, the crazy criminal blog page.
Speaker 3: Three things you must see you name it.
Speaker 2: The list goes on and on and on, And I thought we put something really cool up on our Instagram this morning. You should be following us on the ig at rod Ryan's Show. Buzzfest recognized as like some of the big national festivals out there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hope that didn't ruin your question.
Speaker 4: No, that wasn't your question.
Speaker 1: Okay. I worry about like sometimes they start like.
Speaker 3: Rambling on the ratio like a damn it, you blew the question.
Speaker 4: All right, I did not blow your question.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I've got a four pack of VIP passes to the first annual Texas Monthly Taco Fest this Saturday. Discovery Green should be live entertainment there and tacos, tacos everywhere everywhere. Okay, tacos everywhere you look and you're rolling vip so question, what.
Speaker 5: Is it according to the current TikTok trend? What should you add to elevate your white one? So dumb or maybe all the kids are doing. I might try it.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, will you try it? I might, I don't. I'm not really a wine drinker, but I'll try it. Oh, you're not drinking.
Speaker 3: Not a wine drinking No red white rose, you know rose all day like the gals do.
Speaker 4: No kila okay?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Seven one three two one two. You and Chili will get along just fine. We do seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: If you know the show, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 2: Four point five bus stations from iHeart Radio, Houston's Rock and Alternative ninety four five The Buzz. Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Monday, guys, Am, I right Monday.
Speaker 1: It was so fun though, Rod. It was a great day. Oh I got pictures of what yeah, six picture already had those?
Speaker 2: No no no, no, no, no no no no, you already forgot picks.
Speaker 1: What sexy James?
Speaker 5: Oh he lost one hundred and seventy five cows something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, James sent me before and after. I can't wait to see that sexy James. He sent me.
Speaker 2: Before and after pictures, the guy that got back into the fresh out of bed head to I'll do all this coming wrapping up the show.
Speaker 3: But I forgot sexy James did seventy pictures.
Speaker 1: I forgot to wrap up the show and help you do that. Oh oh you want me to do that? Okay, I'll do that. Sorry, I'll help you. Nothing over. Listen, no rain to really speak of today.
Speaker 2: Partly cloudy, but the hot temperatures today in all this week is going to get progressively warmer today only high of around ninety one.
Speaker 3: But don't got to worry about any rain. So that's great news. All right, let's give away these tickets and then we'll wrap everything.
Speaker 1: Now, time for.
Speaker 3: On ninety four to five the bus. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning, who's this?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 4: This is Angela, Angela, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you today? I'm great? How are y'all.
Speaker 3: Ready for some of these tacos?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Girl? How do you like your tacos, Angela.
Speaker 5: I would love to have tacos, I.
Speaker 3: Mean VIP, like being VIP at a taco fest.
Speaker 1: My husband I love it.
Speaker 2: Well, let's try to get you these tickets. You got to note the show though. Go ahead of your question, miss Angela.
Speaker 5: According to the new current TikTok trend, what should you add to elevate your white one jullapinot.
Speaker 2: Does that sound completely disgusting or would you be open to that, Angela?
Speaker 13: Angela, that sounds disgusting, But you said that you do this for margarita's I.
Speaker 1: Love a spicy margarita. Yeah, I'm not into spicy, but my husband is, so I'm sure he's going to love the taco fest with all the te Angela, you and I are spicy enough. Okay, exactly, go ahead, you go on VIP style.
Speaker 5: You and your husband take a couple of friends the first annual Texas Month, play Taco Fast on Saturday, Discovery Green Enjoy.
Speaker 1: Yay, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 4: Yea four pack of VIP passes.
Speaker 2: All right, Angela, congratulations, have an awesome thank you.
Speaker 4: Aw some time at that hang on for me, Okay, alright.
Speaker 1: So sexy James I think he's like a four time Hall of Famer, fur time hall of Famer. And he beat fast Jeff. It was so fast. Apparently not so fast.
Speaker 3: Sexy James was fast at Fast Jeff not properly named.
Speaker 1: No, not this morning. He'll be back. He was super fast on Friday, and then he came in today and he just got his ass handed to him.
Speaker 2: This morning at six twenty. We played the fresh out of bed head to head every morning. Sexy James will be back on with us, trying to make it win. Number two Metallica tickets tomorrow eight twenty as we will give sold out show tickets.
Speaker 3: We'll give away sold out tickets all week long.
Speaker 1: Again, how great is this?
Speaker 5: Do you remember who we gave him to today? No, his name was Ali, and he couldn't decide who's going to take his wife or his daughter Jane.
Speaker 3: She's eleven, she's eleven, she's eleven years old.
Speaker 1: I'm invested.
Speaker 2: She's been to a couple of like smaller type things, but she's not been to like her first quote unquote concert yet.
Speaker 1: It could be but father, say listener, Alex, Oh, yeah, that's tough because the wife would want to go and then they've got the kid. He doesn't know what to do. You know who else.
Speaker 5: I'm waiting to hear an update from who. Jessica, whose birthday is today. She's fishing with her dad, Michael, and she won modest mouse ticket.
Speaker 3: She said they were fishing for redfish and they were going to send us some photos.
Speaker 1: Her dad is a chef.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, we're waiting on pictures. Hopefully they're still listening to us.
Speaker 1: How we had a busy day.
Speaker 4: We did have a busy day today.
Speaker 2: So Metallica tickets tomorrow at eight twenty will play some sort of a game to win them.
Speaker 3: You can email me game suggestions.
Speaker 1: I'm open for that.
Speaker 2: Two concert announcements at nine o'clock tomorrow. Two shows are announcing it nine. I don't know how we're going to handle this, but we'll find a way.
Speaker 4: We'll find a way to announce and give away tickets and all of that fun stuff.
Speaker 2: So tomorrow's gonna be pretty busy. Tomorrow's gonna be pretty busy morning. Jeremy is up next. He's got the NonStop nooner. Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, and then we'll be back in I.
Speaker 1: Mean twenty hours.
Speaker 3: We're back already in twenty hours, and we'll see what we can do it a little bit better.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, have an awesome Monday a m E. Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 2: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 1: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.