Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, and welcome to another episode of Fire Up. Are we fired up? JD?
Speaker 2: Yes, we are absolutely fired up. I think we have got the friars fixed. Candy. Somebody tried to sabotage us this evening. Somebody tried to put water in the Dagon friars. So we've cleaned it up. And for all of you people who are allergic to peanuts, I got bad news because all we had was peanut oil. We've put it in the front and we're slammed ready to get Friday Up on Fire Up on a Thursday. Go, if only it was Friday, that'd be a really cool thing to say, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: That would be.
Speaker 2: Fire Up Friday on Fire Up on a Friday. Oh, I don't know. We might have to come up with a new show. Oh that sounds really good.
Speaker 1: Uh oh ooh oh my goodness. So speaking of Friday, we'll start that drama. The drama is over for the Steelers, or is it? Because Aaron Rodgers is reportedly going to report and sign a contract tomorrow on Friday ahead of their mini camps with the Steelers, is the drama over or not? Or is it just begins for the Steelers. What do you think, JD.
Speaker 2: I think the sun will come out tomorrow. Tomorrow, tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow Aaron Rodgers signs with the Steelers, and no, they'll still be losers. I couldn't think of anything to rhyme with Steelers, but they're still going to be losers. Why wait, we've heard what half of the teammates have to say about Aaron Rodgers taking so long, and then, quite honestly, I'm just mad because I'm wrong about another prediction. Aaron Rodgers man we had, we had turned in place. He was going to be the next co host of Southern Fried Sports. He backed out, went to the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Although I would say j I would say, JD, if you were going to pick an ex screen Bay Packer for Southern Fried Sports, you should pick Brett Fark because he's from the South.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, I mean, honestly, that would be I mean, that's picking two very difficult things. But I mean, we did always know Aaron Rodgers was gonna sign. You don't may tell you. You want to know why we knew? And this might be something different that no one's heard. The NFL literally scheduled the Jets Week one for the Steelers. Yep, they we we knew, they knew, everybody knew. Aaron Rodgers just told somebody a couple of weeks ago that he's not going to the Vikings, but he will play in the Bears Stadium this year. Guess who plays at the Bears this year? The Steelers. My only problem here isn't with that he's signed with the Steelers or that Aaron Rodgers gets twenty million dollars for one year. That's none of my issue. My issue is what took you so long? Be just dirty sea words, Candy. I don't know if I've told you my dirty sea words before. Okay, so on Southern Front sports, dirty sea words, family, show people, eyes up here, chemistry, culture, competition, coaching, cash, The list has gone, camaraderie, mm hmm. The list goes on and on, and Aaron Rodgers displays none of those characteristics. Why why would I want him to sign after so long? Make it make sense, Candy.
Speaker 1: Well, you knew he was gonna sign because there's no way he wanted to end his career as badly as he did with the Jets. There's just no way. And yes, he's talked about would he or would he not sign or will the Packers even ask him to sign a one day contract so he can officially retire as a Packer. But he's not ready for that, Like he doesn't want his legacy to go down as as horrible as it ended with the Jets. Now, why didn't he sign earlier? He's saying he had a personal matter he was attending to. But does that I don't know. I mean, I don't know what kind of personal matter it was, and we all have our own personal matters.
Speaker 2: But well, I think the story did come out. He had like a friend who was also battling a dirty sea word, and I think he had a couple maybe another one had, Like there was some stuff that really came out. Okay, I don't know if it was true or not, just obviously rumors. But even then, Yeah, you still got to go to work. I gotta go work, and that Aaron Rodgers had that luxury though it being like, you know, I don't really have to go to work.
Speaker 1: No, he's made enough money.
Speaker 2: I mean he held the Steelers hostage. Yeah, the team, the fan base, I mean, think about it. Do you really think the Steelers draft the way they do. If they didn't already know that Aaron Rodgers was coming, I think he knew and if yeah, and if you know why this storyline? And as Kane he asked on the stream, did we really need him to sign asap? And for all my wrestling people out there, my answer was, it ain't wrestling. Don't delay your signing to create headlines. That's a good comparison for me. I think you're just trying to create a promo. Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Why well, And from my standpoint of view, you holding out as long as you did, that was invaluable time that you could have started a really to build a relationship with your receivers and your offensive line and really start communicating with them, not not practicing with them. I get it, you gotta wait for many mini camp and stuff like that, but even having conversations going out, you know, meeting them and work working out at the facility together or you know, just starting to gel because we've all talked about you need chemistry with the guys you're throwing to in order for you to succeed. But uh, yeah, Mark, I agree, this was just Aaron being Aaron and yep, a Ron mister drama Queen.
Speaker 2: He would have been a heck of a cohost. Now inside the front sports he is very.
Speaker 1: He is very intel. He would be very yeah, I could see. So do we think he improves the Steelers? And by how much?
Speaker 2: Well? I told a couple of Steelers fans earlier that at least now you don't have a reindeer for a quarterback in Mason Rudolph. The Steelers got some weapons this offseason. Mm hmm. They just needed somebody to thrown the ball. And they upgraded I'm still putting them from the eight to ten Lin range. So he upgraded him. I mean, talking with Mason Rudolph, you're talking about Mike Tomlin streak being over that over five hundreds stuff. Make some Rudolph as your quarterback? That conversation is done, written in stone and shipped like not happening. But then with Aaron Rodgers, maybe they go from a five win team to that eight to ten win range. But what has Aaron Rodgers done to I mean, he is not like he was a world beater for the Jets. Who knows. We can speculate it about it all we want, but who knows, Candy? Do you know? No?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, it creates the headline. It's the first time in NFL history that two quarterbacks play are playing against each other, and they played for the opposite teams in Week one. So the Steelers are playing the Jets, so it'll be justin Fields versus Aaron Rodgers, and I'm kind of surprised that that's the first time in NFL history that that's happened, but you know, it'll be interesting. The Steelers don't have the easiest schedule either because they're playing the NFC North, so they're hello, Samir, who we are talking about, mister drama queen going to the Steelers, mister Aaron Rodgers and talking about how the Steelers play the NFC North Division, so they play the Vikings, the Lions, the Packers, and the Bears. So that it should that also is an interesting storyline because he'll play against his own both old teams, the Jets.
Speaker 3: And the Packers this year is the game in a Green Bay.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, I was trying to look up their schedule while we were talking, but I didn't get a chance to.
Speaker 2: See that. Let's see, Well, here, Kenny, while you look that up, all hit a couple of comments. They came in while you look it up. Okay, let's see. Kine asked, am I sure that the NFL isn't wrestling regarding promos and stuff? Hey fair? Question Mark says that was just Aaron being Aaron, and Kane said, or is it Aaron trying to hold out to get more money? No, no chance.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I mean, he knows he's not going to get that much money at this point in his career. But yeah, I mean, their quarterback playing proofs drastically even with forty one year older and Rogers compared to what they've had before. But I just don't know if it raises the bar or the ceiling for the team as a whole, given who they have in their division alone. If Cincinnati, if they can and put like if they can put in at least like a league even the league average defense even slightly both, if they can put that on the field, they can definitely be a playoff team if they're off clicking and all cylinders again. And then Baltimore's Baltimore. We know they're gonna be good year in and year out. But then I look at the rest of the AFC. You still got Buffalo, still got Kansas City. So you still got Buffalo, still got Kansas City. I think Houston is going to have a bounce back year. So it's three teams alone. You got Denver, so that's like five or six teams I've named right there. So like maybe they like maybe the ceiling is maybe they win a playoff game. But we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yes, Pensman Steelers, Packers are going to be in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: I was hoping to be in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, and Samir, I was gonna ask you, so I just put numbers on it right before you jumped on, and I said, Mason Rudolph would have been a five maybe six win Pittsburgh team. Aaron Rodgers and that eight I was eight to ten.
Speaker 3: Which is about where we've been the last four or five years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, same, all, same all.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know the defense is a little older now, but I still think they're gonna be pretty good. It's just the offense. If they can get all those pieces together, who knows. But I still think overall it's a nine, ten win team. Maybe they win a playoff game.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, well, the bad news for us is that it all bo confirms that Kirk Cousins will be our backup quarterback this season. I was hoping we could get him off the roster maybe because during the offseason, you know, as Falcons fans, we were all just kind of looking at the whistle of okay, who needs a quarterback? Oh, they're drafting one, they signed one, they traded for Gino, Raiders did, and it's like, okay, the Steelers, what are they gonna do. They didn't take one until he took Will Howard, so it was like, okay, maybe we can get them Kirk Cousins, but that fell through.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 3: So looks like he is going to be our backup.
Speaker 1: Don't sound too overly thrilled about that, mister Samir.
Speaker 2: I'm not, but there isn't much to be happy about being a Braves fan or Planta in general at the moment. We're all kind of sad down here, to.
Speaker 3: Be honest, today was rock bottom. Well well, I said that last night and then said that last week, and I said that after the Otani walk off in La.
Speaker 1: So, Samir, you could be a Marlins fan. And let's face it, the Colorado Rockies came in and swept them at home like how rock bottom do you get?
Speaker 3: I mean, this was frustrating because I feel like we have talent. I mean, I know we are not a World Series contender, but this should on paper. There is no reason for this team to be twenty seven and thirty four. There's no reason for them to struggle offensively in any high leverage moment. The second they get runners on the it's like they forget how to hit. It's crazy. The bullpens at dumpster fire and you've got a seventy year old manager who's probably retiring at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just they are the least clutch team I've ever seen, and I'm not exist reading well, if they had any ounce of clutching them, they'd be a playoff team right.
Speaker 2: Now, right well. And I asked the question yesterday, I said, how many wins I think they were? This was three losses ago. Yeah, there were one hundred and four games left. And I asked, I said, what did the Braves need to do to be in the playoff hunt? Yes?
Speaker 3: So right now.
Speaker 2: Now it's at like seventy and thirty.
Speaker 3: Yes, so right now we're seven out. We're seven out. The Cardinals had that last spot at A thirty four and twenty seven. But ahead of us, you've got Giants thirty five, twenty eight, Brewers thirty four and twenty nine, Arizona thirty one and thirty one, Reds thirty and thirty three, the Nationals. The Nationals are ahead of us twenty nine thirty three.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say you could name the teams behind us and get it over with quicker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you got the Marlins twenty three and three. The Marlins are only four games or they're only three and a half games behind the Braves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's only three of them.
Speaker 3: Are only four and a half behind the Braves. And you got the Rockies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's the Braves were not built to be the fourth best record in the National Like you mean fourth worst, fourth best, four worst? Yes, correct, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not a World Series team, Like they're not better than the Padres and the Dodgers, and, depending on who you ask, the Phillies and the Mets. But this should be a playoff team, Like this should be a ninety ninety one win team. That's about where I had them going into the season. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, Candy, we went down this rabbit hole a little bit. Let me ask this question because Samir missed this earlier too. My dirty sea words, coaching, chemistry, culture, commitment, camaraderie, cash, all of these things. The Braves though obviously have a coaching issue, they don't have a talent and a culture issue, I honestly think, and I think you've said it, Brian Snicker is asleep at the will Yes, am I misquoting you?
Speaker 3: No, I've said that directly. And for me, it's like the housekeeping stuff like this twice this season, like you've had to have players come and sell you like, hey, I think this guy's hurt, you know, ag Smith Shaver and then recently daspon Herne. It is like like how is the coaching staff not seeing these things? And then you didn't see Jared kell mcpimpa single and get thrown out a second, Like it's just the housekeeping things and the lack of attention to detail.
Speaker 2: Your picture blowing out his elbow and you're not noticing right, how how did Spencer Strider have to be the one to come alert the coaching staff or or.
Speaker 3: Third basement highest paid player in Braves history making airs and you're throwing the ground screw under.
Speaker 2: The bus, like Marcelo Zuna has a hip.
Speaker 3: Has a hips here and they don't put him on the Iran.
Speaker 2: He wants to play through it. He wants through it.
Speaker 3: I know, but but you got to do it's best for the team. I said the same thing with the Raheem Morrison and Kirk Cousins in that debacle, Like you've got to do it's best for the team. You've got a twenty four year old rookie who's hitting the crap out of the ball. Have him dh it til Azuna gets back like it's just the lack of attention to detail. Alexanthopolis, This bullpen is a joke. I don't understand how you could again see aj minsterweave, Joe min Is out for the season and not decide to address to add to the bullpen.
Speaker 2: It's mind bockling, it is, And Candy, I'll let you steer this Titanic away from the iceberg after I say this one last thing. Okay, what in the world is Freddy Gonzale is gonna do for me? Like I knew this was a bad joke the minute they said, oh yeah, we're bringing back our failed manager This is like the Gangcocks hiring the failed head coach of the Clempson Tigers. Listen, I'm not a fan of leftovers. I'll eat the ones out of my own kitchen, right, but I especially don't like lift leftovers from other people's kitchen. But this freddigans I was saying, Man, it does nothing for me.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, it's not a good move or a bad move. It's a nothing move.
Speaker 2: It prevents a couple of people from getting thrown out. Going to home plate maybe right, or going back to second for no reason.
Speaker 3: Doesn't change to them. They can't hit in the clutch, both pen stinks. The manager again is asleep at the wheel. They're basement making airs of the grounds crew's fault. What else? And people keep saying, oh uh, liberty media ownership. They're handcuffing alex Anthopolis. Yeah, part of that's true, But you're telling me that you couldn't. They were handcuffing you from going out and finding a short stop that can hit. You're telling them you couldn't find another another fourth or fifth starter because you knew Strider. You knew his velocity wasn't gonna be what it was in twenty two and twenty three. We knew that, so you had to replace Max Freed in some velocity and you couldn't Like you're telling me you couldn't go out and get jose Kintana, or like why did we non tender Griffin Canning? Like it's just all the things that add up and this is what we've got. But as I said after that loss today, it's probably the worst loss I've seen in a long time, maybe like maybe since Game five of the NLDS in twenty nineteen. But something's got to change. It was bad. In case you didn't know, they were up ten four top of the nine.
Speaker 2: Seven runs and.
Speaker 3: Seven runs they lose eleven to ten. Home crowd booed at the end of the game. You normally don't see that in Atlanta. Like the only time I've really seen that was with the Falcons, but this is definitely the first time I've seen the Braves get booed at home. Right, Well, it was that bad.
Speaker 2: Well, Candy, I lied. I did have one more thing, since Samir just reminded me of that. We just thought about Brian Snicker just being oblivious and not knowing what's going on during the game. Sometimes, but somehow or another said he was too focused on the game to hear the booze man, stop lying.
Speaker 3: To me, bro right, Like you heard those you know you heard them.
Speaker 2: And you know you weren't paying attention to the game. Don't lie to me. Tell a lot of me Brian snicker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was terrible. I mean I like him, I mean, seems like a nice guy. He's basically given his entire life to the organization. But thank you, like you know, thank you for your decades of service. But you have to go tonight, like like he wouldn't even be on the plane to San Francisco if I had my way. It was that bad out because like and again, for me, it's just the like you look at the body language of the team, how they play in the clutch, Like it's just this mental thing where whatever the message is from the staff to the down in the in the club house, from the dugout, it's just not resonating. And you want to see signs of a poorly managed or a poorly coached team in any sport. This team is a game of whack them all on knights. They hit, they can't pitch, The pitching falls apart. On Knights, they pitched Chris Sale seven innings, one run ball, pitched a great game. They lost because they couldn't hit second and third. NOA. It's in the eighth. Eventually Old the bases can't get their run across. They load the bases again. In the ninth they strand him. And then when they hit them, like when they did today, when they score ten runs, the bullpen just falls apart. Right Sale of glacis, why is he still here? Dfate Scott Blewell like, why is right Sale glacis still closing? It's insane. And again it just starts at the top because again, while they're not a World Series team, they are a playoff team, and they have too much talent to be seven games under five hundred. And I keep saying it, I've been saying it. Something's got to change. Someone's either got to get fired, or someone's got or someone's got to get traded, or you got to get rid of somebody. And I think right now he's got like Brian Snick has to go, He's got to go. It's ridiculous. I would give him the option, you either resign with or we'll give you a chance to resign or you're gonna get fired, because this is where we're at right now.
Speaker 1: Sunday, Scott and night Well, Saturday and Sunday, Scott and I were down at Marlin's Park and I sat there and I looked at Now. I don't know if any of you have seen any of the pictures lately of Marlin's Park and the huge crowds that they're drawing, the five six thousand, seven thousand fans. Maybe, but like some, I mean, I'll give them credit because they are trying, but to leave eleven men on base, like that's just like you gotta do better. You gotta do better and get in some of those I mean they lost the game, of course they're not. I mean, like I said, they let Colorado come in and sweep them. I mean Colorado didn't hasn't won a series. It was games what ten, eleven, and twelve Noladay won for the whole year.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: These these teams that are bad are bad, and like it's not just Atlanta, it's Marlins. You know, there's a there's a couple of them out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, with all due respect, the Braves have a lot more talent than those teams.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that. I would agree with that, yes, but I think it goes to show you how there are some the more elite teams have that are having the success have talent as well, but they've got to have something else that the Braves are missing right.
Speaker 3: Well, for me, number one, and we've talked about it for two years, there's no leadership. There's no vocal leader. I feel like Austin Riley and Ozzy Aubrey's I feel like they're more kind of like quiet leaders, like they lead by their play on the field, but there's no Lady Freeman in the clubhouse like hey, what's going on? Like you know, hey, we were not doing this or that, and that's what's been missing. And it shows like they are just a mentally soft team. It's the least clutch team I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: They. I mean they do they seem like a bunch of individuals. Yeah, and I know one of my guys over here, Pe Digits, he always says, uh, baseball is a weird game. It's a funny game. We've seen it in the College World Series stuff. So far the tournament, the best team does not always win. I had that argument with somebody the other day. They said, well, if they win a seven game series, aren't they the better team? And I was like, well, we're the Cavaliers a better team than the War years in twenty sixteen. There's many more examples, so no, the best team doesn't always win. And the Braves, though, they have this roster on paper, like we've said. But yeah, and baseball is a weird game, college baseball. I know we've got some college softball talk coming up.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Take us play all of that together.
Speaker 1: Take us there, jd Well.
Speaker 2: I told my listeners the other day, Samir, have you tuned in to the women's College World Series at all? Uh?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately I have it, but I've heard it's pretty it's pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: Though, dude, it's awesome. I love women's sports. I'm a huge fan of watching women's sports. These women college softball games, though, have been off the rails, the rules and stuff that some of these girls do not know. So I've got three quick stories and then we'll go to you guys for your reaction. All right, Play number one, Tennessee u c l A first and second, first inning, runners on first and second, one out, hitter hits a fly ball, that goes just beyond the infield. I'm sure you guys have heard of the rule before, the infield fly rule. M Samir, you've heard of that before.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, sounds familiar. Sounds pretty familiar.
Speaker 2: So if there's a runner at first and second and the batter hits a ball that can be deemed to be a fly ball inside the enfield, the batter is automatically out. Therefore, anything that happens on the base paths after that, it's not a force play. So this particular example, the hitter hit a fly ball, runners at first and second, the shortstop missed the ball, she picked it up, the batter was automatically out, so that was two outs. She picked up the ball and threw it to third and thought that she got a force out, and the runner thought that as well. The runner entered the dugout even though she had to be tagged. But the moment she entered the dugout, she was called out and Tennessee got away with a game changing play in the first inning. But these girls didn't know the infield fly rule. What do you I mean? Is is that a bad thing about women's sports?
Speaker 1: How do you get to the World Series and not know the fly rule, Like I could see that in the first game of the season maybe.
Speaker 2: Or but not. Wow, crazy, not on that stage right.
Speaker 1: Now. I mean I played softball before I know that rule, and I didn't play in college. I played in high school, but I didn't play in college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy, that's wild. So okay, So play number two that I saw in the Women's College World Series. Guys, ladies and gentlemen, if you hit a home run, what is the job?
Speaker 1: Run the basis.
Speaker 2: To all the exactly. Have y'all seen the player from UCLA She hit a game tying home run against also this game Tennessee, the one I was just talking about in the first inning. Of course, it comes down to a game tying home run later, y'all. She ran the basis. And when I say she stumped, she was like trying to kill the devil. She stumped so hard, but not on home plate. She didn't. She stumped. I'm telling you. You ever seen those whot videos were like they crunch concrete and sand. I mean this girl, I mean she stumped her foot. She hit that home run, wa missed home plate. Her teammate had to tell her to touch homeplate. They reviewed the play. They acknowledged that she missed the plate, but said the fact that her teammate assisted her was not part of the review. Tennessee ultimately went on to win the game. But that home run just because you can't review that your teammate assisted you. There, Like I said, you got one job. You hit a home run, Samir Candy? What were they? Y'all? Tell me? What do you think about that? One?
Speaker 1: M that's crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what else to think of it. Besides that, how do you know why?
Speaker 2: All the basisn't even that she didn't know, you know, right? But in that I mean, you're in this huge moment and you come home, like if you're trying to kick somebody, if you're trying to throw a softball, you know where to throw it, you know what I mean? Like, you know where to hit, you know where to kick, you know where to do all this stuff, And how can you miss the one? Yeah, the one little diamond? My goodness, maybe that girl will never see a diamond. I don't know. That might be too harsh. I'm sorry, y'all. Ouch. And this number three? Have y'all ever seen an intentional walk turn into a hit?
Speaker 3: I think I have before years ago.
Speaker 2: There I think there were some in baseball for sure, and you know now they gotten rid of that rule. You can just say, hey, I want to walk that guy, right, just go to first. They don't have that in college softball. So last night in these series to win it all, Texas Tech and Texas are in their game one. This girl from Texas, she's hit a bunch of home runs and the Texas Tech picture is trying to walk her. So the catcher's standing up and I'm telling you, this girl she throws one like if I'm a spiteful umpire, I would have called it a strike, And she was trying to intentionally walk the girl and threw a straight umpire let it go. Next pitch, she threw it way outside. She was good. Third pitch of an intentional walk base hit between the third basement and the short stop scores two runs for Texas and they won two to one. You lost the game because you couldn't intentionally walk somebody.
Speaker 1: That is crazy.
Speaker 3: That is crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh not knowing how to do things? I mean, how do you not know how to intentionally walk somebody? Like again, you're in the World Series, so it's not like this is the first game of the season.
Speaker 2: Caine defends him. He says, it's an amateur score. True. We don't give college football that leeway though. No, we expect them all to be professionals, which I mean by at this point they pretty much are. But that's a different story for a different day. But women's Hey, I love women's sports, but it creates drama. It's been entertaining. I love it. I love seeing these rules come into play. M hm. I mean the Chargers in the NFL had that crazy rule this year where they got to kick that field goal. The Chargers. It was like kick catch interference.
Speaker 3: I think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: On the last play before a half or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get to kick like a sixty five yard or whatever yard field goal. Yeah. But yeah, you still got to know these rules. But listen, Like I said, love women's sports.
Speaker 1: Speaking of women's sports, there is a women's league that is going to start this weekend. I don't know if you guys know this or not, but Major League Baseball is partnering with Pro Women's League, backing the launch of the new Athletes Unite Unlimited Softball League. The deal includes funding, marketing support, and game broadcast on MLB Network and MLB dot Com, giving the league a major platform and signaling a milestone moment for women's sports. The AUSL season kicks off June fourth, with four teams playing twenty four games across ten cities. The top two teams will meet in Alabama for the best of three championship series at Rhodes Stadium. Founded in twenty twenty that the Athletes Unlimited has raised thirty million dollars plus in funding from investors including Kevin Durant, Rich Climb's thirty five, v Angela Riguerio, David Blitzer, and it has former Marlins GM as the league's first commissioner. So that starts this weekend. Your thoughts about a professional women's softball.
Speaker 3: League, I don't see why not. I mean, I mean, you've got professional women's basketball, and I'm pretty sure you have a women's football league too, or at least you used to. So I mean, I don't see why not. I mean, I feel like it'd be good for the game. It'd be good to have that kind of financial backing and support for high profile individuals just kimming as you mentioned who has been a part of who is a part of the MLB for several years. So I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: I agree JD.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, well, I just went down a rabbit hole in my mind about it. Women's saw I mean, all of these women's sports, Please give it to me and I'll shoot them up like I love it. I'm all for sports, especially give them to me when football is happening or any one of the other sports that I like. I mean, as long as it's not my team's NFL game or my college team's football game, I'm really not locked in. My attention is there for the grabbing and women's softball does it for me? Women's college basketball? But what I was thinking, though, is Samir mentioned women's football, But now we're talking about flag football in the Olympic And so my fault was is that I just fixed NFL's globalization that they want. I just fixed it in my brain just off of what you said, Samir. We don't need an Olympic football flag team. What we need is a women's flag football team. And then guess what you get those women from other countries interested in this flag football that ultimately stemmed from the NFL. But if you get the women, guess what else you get.
Speaker 1: The men?
Speaker 2: The men, we all want to support women's sports. That I mean, we are all for it. Like a lot of people try to make it all well about men shouldn't be talking about women's sports, and that's not And the third no, you want us talking about it. And if the NFL can somehow garner praise from women from other countries with flag football, I think that's the far better route than trying to use NFL players in a flag football league in the Olympics or whatever. And that was the rabbit hole I went down real quick. All of that happened real quick. My bad.
Speaker 1: Y'all all good, it's all good.
Speaker 2: Smear.
Speaker 1: You want to talk a little bit about your Falcons because I know you wrote a story for the Salt Flourd to Tribune about them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, uh five is a big year for the Falcons. A lot of jobs are on the line this year and the coaching staff and in the front office. Terry font Note especially is in year is entering year five as general manager. He has yet to post a winning season the first two years. To his credit, he did inherit a team that was deep into cap Hill. They had an aging roster and he really couldn't make that many moves his first two years. They had in the process, they were in the process of offloading Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and a few other people. But they were competitive. They were somewhat competitive. They did go. They went seven and ten back to back years when they were predicted to win about four or five games. Twenty twenty three, they made some improvements to the roster, added guys like Jesse Bates, David an Yamada, Caden Ellis. To help your defense, they added Mike Hughes as well, Bud Dupree, Kaleis Campbell, and defense improved, especially under Ryan Nielsen stowing seven and ten because yeah, bad quarterback play ed. Arthur Smith was eventually fired. But here we are twenty twenty four, and look, this is really what and here's why Terry Fontinau was on the hot seat twenty twenty one draft. Let's talk about it. Fourth overall, just start a rebuild. So Southern Fria, tell me, if you are an NFLGN and you are starting a rebuild, what positions are you drafting? If you have a pick, especially an early pick, especially in the top five.
Speaker 1: You muted JD.
Speaker 2: My bad. It depends on what Saich twice on then honestly so I hear you though, but just generically, I'm not going court, I'm going linebacker. Yeah, for me.
Speaker 3: It also depends on the situation. But if I am starting a rebuild, I'm doing quarterback, offensive line, defensive line. Maybe depending on the situation, if there's a like a can't miss player at that position, wide receiver or corner. Would you draft a tight end in the top five when you have needs on your offensive line? Your pass rush has been abysmal for several years, and outside of a J. Terrell at that time you had, your secondary wasn't very good.
Speaker 2: No, I absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, that's exactly what they did. They took Kyle Pitts fourth overall highest drafted Titan in NFL history. They took him over Pnase Sewell, Jamar Chase, Michael Parsons, Patrick Sartan, just a few guys to name, guys who probably could have helped our team could have had that's in a better position. But with that being said, I did write an article about the five Falcons that were I would say, have the that had the most to prove in twenty twenty five. They were Troy Anderson, Ruker Row Row Row, Ryan Newzill, Michael Pennix, and number one Kyle Pitts. I mentioned Troy Anderson because he's a linebacker. We drafted him in the second round. I believe it was so we draft Troy Anderson in the second round fifty eighth overall, Okay were draped him fifty eighth overall out of Montana State. We took Troy Anderson over the fault oh and Arnold. We took Troy Anderson mainly if we wanted to go linebacker. NA Kobe Dean was on the board and right in our backyard. Two. For the record, we could add to Kobe Dean if we wanted to go linebacker, but I understand why they didn't because of his injury history. So, but ironically, Troy Anderson has missed twenty five games the last two years. He's shown flashes at the time at times, including a pick six against the Saints, sixteen tackles last year, one Defensive Player of the Week, but he just hadn't been able to stay on the field. So we have Kaden Ellis. We've got Divine Diablo signed and Jim Walker's versatile. He can play at edge, he can also play off ball. But yeah, it's a big year for him. It's his last chance to live up to that second round billing of being a top sixty pick. Rucer Row Row Grady Jared's not here anymore, and we're gonna play some talented linebackers this year, including Seminar Division. So we need Rooke to not only stay healthy, but we need him to We need him to step up and step up right away. Ryan Newzill kind of similar situation. You lose Drew Dalmen, who was a Pro Bowl alternate. He helped facilitate our run game the last few years. One of the better run blocking centers in the league. He's in Chicago now. Ryan Noozel's run blocking grade was about six was about sixty according to PFF. He only started eight games and was the most penalized center in the league. Again, we're gonna need more consistent play from him and cut down the penalties. Michael Penix obviously, when probably the most bizarre draft pick in recent memory. Looking back at it, it's a good thing we did it because we'd be going because there would be Vert like, I don't know if we didn't draft Michael Pennox, I don't know where we'd be right now. But he showed a lot of flashes. He's shown that, he's shown poise, he's got the arm, he can read the field, and he can make the throws when you need to make the throws. We saw that on fourth and goal against the Commanders with the season on the line. We saw that three hundred yard game against Carolina Week eighteen. The defense let him down. Even though it's a small sample size, it's promising, but we need to see a full eighteen game set from him. And then the obvious one is Kyle pits Again, as I was talking about, highest drafted tight end in NFL history, had a great rookie year, second rookie tight end never to reach a thousand yards. Pennix is a dude. Yeah, I feel good about him being our quarterback. He can spin it. But anyways, Kyle Pitts, Kyle Pitts is on track to be one of the biggest busts in Falcon's history. And I'm not exaggerating, Like usually when you talk about the biggest bust in Falcon's history, you think of Andre Bruce defensive end out of Auburn. We drafted him first overall in the eighties. You think of Jamal Anderson, not the running back, not the derry bird. You think of Jamal Anderson, the defensive end. Drafted him in eighth overall, No. Seven, And then you think of Attack McKinley as one for me, another defensive end. We took him over t. J. Watt. So right now, Kyle Pitts is on track to be arguably one of the biggest busts in Falcons history. Thousand yard season, second year, got injured, third and fourth year. Nothing. And you see all these Falcons fans on Twitter saying, oh, but he don't have a quarterback. Look at his quarterback, Oh, Arthur Smith, Zach Robinson. Can somebody tell me the set of quarterbacks that brock Bowers played with. Brock Bowers had a quarterback room of Aidan O'Connell, Gardner, Minshew Desmond, Ridder and still put up around eleven hundred yards and had over I think he had over one hundred catches. Oh, keep in mind Kyle's teammate Drake London. Drake London had a breakout year playing with the same set of quarterbacks. Drake London his first two years in the league had more catches than Julio Jones did his first two years in the league, and Julio Jones had Matt Ryan. And the thing that bothers me, it's just the fact that, in my opinion, like he just doesn't care. He's got the talent, he's got the potential, he doesn't care.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: There are clips of him during games visibly loafing. One that comes to mind the Chargers game this past season, loafing during a route incomplete pass. Bucks game, his second touchdown, He's walking to the end zone. Antoine you may have seen it, Antoine Winfield is coming from behind him, knocks the ball out. Luckily got just got over the goal line before the ball came out, costs us a touchdown. Again, there's clips over the years of him just like not finishing his route that's not really given a hundred percent. He's made comments during press conferences, you know, like along the lines of, oh, I'm just here, I just work here, like he is checked out. And that's why I was saying the Falcons needed to trade him this offseason, because even if even if let's say Pennix on locks and like some Falcons fans think they are, and he has this great year. There there's a pretty long line of guys that I would pay on the Falcons before Michael Pennocks. Jesse Bates is one year left on this deal. After this year, Drake London and John Robinson. If they both have good years again, they're gonna get paid. If Pennick says about two more good years, we're gonna have to pay him. So I just don't see how you can pay Kyle Pitts. And people are like, oh, if he goes to another team and goes off them, all right, good for him, Good for him. You can find productive tight ends in any round. It's one of those positions where you don't have to where you can find that production in any round. Antonio Gates was on drafted. It's one of the best tight ends to ever played the game. Algie Crumpler and Austin Hooper both were multi time Pro bowlers for the Falcons. They were drafted in the second and third round, respectively. So can we just stop as Falcons fans making or coming up with every excuse in the book for a fourth overall pick like seriously, like this is it for him? That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 2: Was a dude coming out of college. I mean a lot of teams get a lot of NFL teams get full picking up a dude has a lot of hype. I mean, Panthers trade it up for a tagular gat great wide receiver. But he only had one great year and I mean it wasn't even good. I mean it was it was average, like eighty catches thousand yards. I mean, it wasn't anything crazy, But you got the Panthers trading up to draft him in the first round. Team Anthony Richardson, Oh yeah, that was what I think.
Speaker 3: Richardson was one I saw coming from a mile away. I thought he should have stayed another year of Florida.
Speaker 2: He had less than like a fifty completion rating. I mean, these teams though, they just I don't know, maybe they're drafting based on Twitter followers. No, we all want all of you to do follow us all on X or Twitter.
Speaker 3: The thing is like, I feel like a lot of these gms they get enamored by these numbers at the combine or or buy these these tangibles that a certain player has, and they end up overdrafting them. Well, the thing is, if they're in the NFL, they have tangibles, they have something they do really well, Like Troy Anderson. Troy Anderson was overdrafted from the start. And I said it then, like he was a great athlete in college, played several positions. I think he played both sides, he played on both ends two occasionally and in Montana State. But again being like, again, if you're in the NFL, you're a great athlete, But does that doesn't mean you necessarily that you're going to be a good player in the NFL. And back to the Kyle Pitts thing. Look, Kyle Pitts, this is a per tracking data. He ranks forty first out of forty three tight ends at getting open, posted a career low one point three yards per route run, and was seventy fifth in run blocking. Those aren't numbers you want out of the highest drafted Titan in NFL history. But look, I mean, I'll admit he was a dog at Florida. Like I remember in that SEC Championship against Alabama, he was arguably the best player on Florida's offense. It seems that a lot of players drafted high become bus I attributed to bad team management. Came, I agree that is the case sometimes, Like look at the Browns and the Jets and how they handle quarterbacks, Like that is bad team management. When you strike out time and time again, like that's a sign. But there are cases where like you could have a case where injuries stop player for meeting their potential, or just someone like Kyle Pitts who's just not.
Speaker 1: All in, but isn't not all Isn't that not all in? Kind of going back to management and you're coaching and not getting everybody on board on the same page as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's part of it. Like towards the end of the season, he was out snapped by Charlie Warner, Like he was getting out snapped by Charlie Warner, So he was kind of like partially benched, if you wanted to call it that. But I don't know. It's just like I get it. But I just wish Falcons fans would stop finding every excuse in the book for this guy. He's a bad pick. He was a bust. He's not the only bust, and there's gonna be more. Let's admit it and let's move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you hear that? Falcons fans, it's just fried y'all up on fire up, get off of his back and get off of Kyle Pitts. But he sucks. He's a bust.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, he doesn't suck, he just hasn't panned out.
Speaker 2: You said he sucked. Basically, that's what we cooked it up to.
Speaker 1: Let's face it, there's a lot there's a lot of draft picks out there that probably we expected better from them. And part of it is and you have to agree, I would think you would agree with this. Part of it is the organization that you get drafted into and what kind of support do you have. Let's face it, most of us would agree that Trevor Lawrence going to Jacksonville might and the coaches that he's had. Let's face it, his first year he had Urban Meyer. We all know how that ended. Like they let him go after one year. So and then you get Doug Peterson. And don't get me wrong, Doug Peterson is really good, but you don't you don't have the supporting cast around him either. So some of these, especially these high draft picks, let's face it, they're going to bad teams because that's the reason why they're picking so high, and so do they have the talent to help them succeed and do they have the right coaching staff and coach like just because someone you you pick, Let's face it, for college, you really pick where you're gonna go. You especially that college coaches are now coming out, they're recruiting you more. And it's not so much the same in pros because you're getting all of a sudden, you're getting drafted by a team, and the question is is that are you going to get along with the whole team? And you could be drafted by the team, but let's face it, could have been drafted by the Lions. But there are two offensive their offensive coordinator and their defensive coordinator are not the same as it was last year, and you might not gel with the new one, but you might have shelled with the old. So I I think it is very different in NFL than it is and you're you're an adult now, so I think sometimes you have a different outlook, whereas in college you're kind of still oh I'm young, I'm trying to develop. But now once you get drafted to the NFL, you have a different mindset.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, some of them. Yeah, yeah, I made it. Mm hmm, yeah, I don't have anything more to work for, right, I wanted to get to the NFL and made it there. The ones who are great though, No, no, this isn't yeah yeah, but I mean it's an excellent point. All of the worst teams always draft the best players from college. But that goes back to what we said earlier too. Does the best team always win?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Best players also don't always turn out to be the best players.
Speaker 1: I think, Mark, we're gonna switch to your what you just brought up? Four point game? Well it's a little bit more than a four point game right now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Indiana's made a run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see they've made a run.
Speaker 1: So what are we thinking of the NBA Finals? Who do we think is gonna take it? How many games? What are we thinking?
Speaker 3: I think Indiana had a great run, but I think, okay, see, it's just that much better. I think they'll take it in five. Indiana will get one at home.
Speaker 2: But okay, seeing five, I saw somebody say okay, see in five earlier, and okay, see, if they do win, I think it'll be in six, not five. But if Indiana were to win, I think it would be in seven. But as far as my prediction, and I hate, hate, hate predictions, hate them because I'm never right, so.
Speaker 1: I should always be the opposite of what you say, JD. Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 2: I mean, if anybody wants to make money, yeah, because I promise you there's no way I'm getting inside information because I am always wrong, like literally always, So I say, okay see in six, but I want Indiana to win.
Speaker 1: That is exactly my take. I want Indiana to win. I don't think they have although they have put up. There's a scrappy team that keeps fighting and keeps calling back. So I I see, okay see, I think it's gonna be six, but I prefer Indie to take it.
Speaker 2: So and I'll say this, it won't be five because that's bad business for the NBA. It'll it'll at least be six games.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see. But I just think it's only because okay see is just that much better.
Speaker 2: And NBA wouldn't let it happen, though, is what I'm saying. I mean, it'll there, there will be a game six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean NBA won't let it happen. I could see that argument if they were playing like a big market team in the East, like Boston or New York or hypothetically Miami had made it Miami. But I mean, I mean, this isn't a knock on Indiana, but it's just not the same.
Speaker 2: Right, it wasn't. My other argument, though, too, would be okay see, it's the home team, so game five is in Indiana.
Speaker 3: Game five would be an okay see.
Speaker 2: Two two one one, yeah, so yeah, yeah it'll go to six at least I.
Speaker 3: Could see it if Indiana steals a game on the road, which I don't know if they will, well it could, I think. Okay See, Indiana, hands down are the two that have had the two best home court advantages. Right, It's like you see these other games. Half the people they have don't have shirts, Like everyone's got their shirts on.
Speaker 2: Okay see, is getting foult a lot right now too? Of course, ninety nine two fifty to go.
Speaker 1: See and I have a different score, So yeah, you're probably a bit ahead of me, just a little bit. Yeah, did either of you, and I don't know how big of hockey fans you guys are, did either of you watch the Stanley Cup Finals the first game last night?
Speaker 2: I did not watch.
Speaker 3: I did not watch. I just saw the highlight. I just know Edmund two one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really intrigued by a Canadian team winning.
Speaker 1: What I will say because I watched part of it. It was a very intense, very hard fought game. I see this series being hard fought as opposed to being real one. Sometimes you get more one sided. I think Edmonton is obviously they're hungry because they I mean, it's a rematch of last year and they lost to Florida last year. They were home last night, so they started. They play again tomorrow night at home, and then Florida takes it back to home down here to Florida. That is, it's gonna be a good series. And I don't normally say that I don't watch a lot of hockey. I do watch some. But the one thing I will say that is interesting is this is the first time since two thousand and eight then at NHL and it's a a HL affiliate are both vying for their respective cups. So the Florida Panthers are, you know, vying for the Stanley Cup, and their AHL affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers, reached the Calder Cup finals, so that's kind of cool and kind of something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Yeah. So I was down in Charleston. The minor league team there was really good. And then we've got the Swamp Rabbits here in Greenville where I'm from. Okay, minor league hockey. Yeah, I wish I could see the puck, but I can't.
Speaker 1: So there's actually it's.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, Candy, do you want to do a station break and we'll watch. Yeah, the rest of this game live sounds good. It's getting closed, it's getting down to it.
Speaker 2: It's a minute left, so yeah, one, one, o seven, right, yes, yeah, yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 1: So South Florida Tribune Publishing Company published a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is written by my husband, Scott, the MotorCity mad Moth. Morgan Roth talks about media and how media has changed over his forty plus years in the business. It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. There's also a link on our website www dot South Florida Tribune dot com, where there is a plethora of great content. You have to check out all the great content we have on the network. If you like to listen to podcasts, you can find us wherever you get your podcast. Monday nights we talk baseball, Tuesday nights we talk football, and Wednesday nights on Sports Exchange, you never know what a we're talking about. Thursday nights on Sports Rap we talk hockey, at least during the hockey season. I know they're gonna take a couple months off soon. And then on Fire Up, you never know what you were going to talk about. We talk a lot of NFL, but you just never know. And then if you want to adverse or sponsor show, you can call my husband Scott nine five four three o four four nine four one. And if you want to be a guest on a show or have topic ideas, you can always email us at South Florida Tribune at gmail dot com. I know they went to a station break. It is very close though, and has really been beating them most of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one ten to one on nine, right, mm hmm, all right, And so this play they called it out on Indiana, but it looked like a foul a little bit to me. This game's gotten wild though.
Speaker 1: This is crazy because Haliburton has only twelve points. Indiana has twenty five turnovers, but they're only down by one.
Speaker 2: And we all know Indiana's had those comebacks. Hm, They've literally done it against every team they've played so far. Mm hmm uh. They're on a ten to two run right now. It was one o eight to ninety nine and they're down one ten to one O nine. My goodness. I actually I watched the the Halliburton shot against the Knicks. I watched that one live. I thought Halliburton was about to do it again for me a minute ago with that three, but he missed it. Yeah, they're showing this play again on my screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're reviewing it. They're back to reviewing it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's definitely out on the Indiana guy. But you can't call a foul, right, No, you can't come back and call a foul. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either.
Speaker 2: I don't get what they're looking at.
Speaker 1: After further review. They're doing something. I should have had my clothes caption on so I could read what the oh, I.
Speaker 2: Keep my clothes captioning on.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: People hate me for it, but I do it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And I'm watching it right now it's one point game.
Speaker 2: I just saw, mm hmm it is, and it's disturb you.
Speaker 1: Okay, seize ball. So one ten point eight seconds left.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why it took them so long to look at that. I don't know, well, you know, I mean, unless you're gonna go back and call a foul like I said, which you can't. They just wait the time out of our day for no reason. Hey, we need another commercial, y'all.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, y'all review that point three seconds in Indiana just scored one eleven to one ten seconds brouh.
Speaker 3: Four three. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's why I told you we need to watch his live. Yep.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Dad, right there, I told y'all Halla listen, death taxes and Halla barton being clutch.
Speaker 3: I know, right before the playoffs they voted him like the most overrated player in the league. He responded, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he took that. He took that personally to personally, I took that personally. I'm so glad we decided to do that live. Yep. That was great.
Speaker 1: Is that crazy? What?
Speaker 2: Hey? You wanna change your prediction now? We just said, Hey, we just said about one at home.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm still going okay seeing five.
Speaker 2: Four straight. There ain't no way you can tell me they can be Indiana four straight. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, Okay, maybe you might be right about six.
Speaker 2: Oh salute to that brother.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: So here you're right about a lot of things. To trust me.
Speaker 1: Well, there's still point three seconds left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right here, I'm never right about anything. We might both be wrong. It might be game seven, bro.
Speaker 3: Crazy, Oh of course, hold on, I.
Speaker 2: Mean Indiana their defense Halliburton. I'm out, okay, I mean, I do think it's possible it goes seven up. I really wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised with five, six or seven. I mean, I mean, I'm a sports fan. I think the NBA wants it to go at least six games. I mean, wouldn't I mean in the money making business.
Speaker 1: Correct, correct, it is a business, Like you said, yep.
Speaker 2: It's not like they're going to cancel the Super Bowl, right Well? Oh yeah, man, we just can't make this billion dollars this year. We're just gonna cancel. Like obviously, the more games in the finals the better.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Is it pro wrestling? No, Kane, it's not pro wrestling, but it it wasn't surprised. There's storylines obviously, Aaron Rodgers against the Jets week one. We've talked about it all here on the show tonight.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, Okay, back out on the court.
Speaker 3: Zero point three seconds.
Speaker 2: I mean, can this just be the Braves and we just go ahead and send them home for the season, but only send this game home for the night, Send the Braves home for the season. Let's just call it. Let's just call this the Pacers win and get it over with.
Speaker 1: So I agree with you, Mark. Everyone is overlooking Indiana and they're relentless and fast paced, so they can come back quick.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: They have a wave, you know, being scrappy and somehow winning games, and they've beat some good teams.
Speaker 2: And they just beat.
Speaker 1: Yep, they took the first game.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And you saw it here live on the South Florida Tribune.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, crazy crazy crazy my Okay, Well, my town. We haven't done my town, all right, JD. You want to do you want to start us.
Speaker 2: Up with my town? Yeah, in my town. I I ranted about the softball earlier already. My other rant is to my rival team and not for the reason. You would think normally, if you want to rant on your rival team, it's because of hatred. That's not the case. I'm actually disappointed Clinton Tigers. I picked you to make it to the College World Series this year and you fell dramatically short in epic fashion. So Clemson Tigers. Normally I would be happy that you lost, but today we get fried together. I was wrong with my prediction and y'all were not the baseball team I thought you were. Have a great off season, and that is it for jd'stown. Samear Oh, yeah, So.
Speaker 3: Falcons had some moroltas this week. It was revealed on the Legacy Locker Room podcast with Harry Douglas, Roddy White, and Julio Jones. They were all wide receivers and teammates for the Falcons back when they were really good. It's kind of a poorly kept secret that the Falcons and Julio Jones are currently not on good terms. The relationship hasn't been great since he left, and on that podcast he revealed that he played through a hamstring injury in twenty twenty. He wasn't happy with the fact that they decided to fire Dan Quint when they did even though it was something that needed to happen at the time, give them the state of the team. And when right after that happened, the owner, Arthur Blank, held a press conference and he was asked about what the plan was for Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, and he said that the new regime, the new coach and would evaluate that. And Julio wanted to meet with Arthur Blank personally, and according to him, he wasn't granted that meeting. And then you have Arthur Smith pedling this idea around, saying that, oh, Julio doesn't practice Somewhere along those lines, that's what took Julio off and that's what led to him wanting to leave. So some old news but revelation from that podcast. It's pretty good podcast over those who haven't listened to it. Hawks again quiet on that realm, nothing noteworthy, just some pre draft stuff. Still trying to find or make a decision on their next president of basketball operations. I've already ran it in large part about the Braves both now and earlier and on Twitter, just about the state of the team. Start at ten o'clock tomorrow, it's eleven twelve. You've got a little under twenty four hours to do it, break Brave, So you have a little under twenty four hours to do it, fire Brian Snigger. That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 1: And my town. I'm going to go back to Wisconsin and go back to my alma mater. Dominant In one of the most dominant performances in NC two A Division three championship history, the University of Wisconsin Whitewater baseball team secured the national title with a twenty one to five win over Messiah University. Looks scored seventy four runs over the course of their five games at the World Series. It was a Division three record to hoist the championship trophy for the third time in their program history. So kudos to University Wisconsin Whitewater Division III baseball team.
Speaker 2: I no candy, Hey they did.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That's awesome, and that is my alma water, So kudos to them. Well, with that being said, I first want to thank everybody that's been in the chat room. Thank you so much for your all your comments and you're giving us ideas and interacting with us. We appreciate that. With that being said, Samir, tell everybody how they can find you support you.
Speaker 3: You can find me on x at atl Underscore Samir twenty four oh one for Atlanta Sports Discourse and I'll be posting all my articles on there. You can find me on Instagram with You can find me on Instagram at Samir dot sideline Net. I'll try to post a lot of my content on there as well. And you can find me on Fired Up on a Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Awesome, okay, j D. How can people find you?
Speaker 2: You can find me tagging Samir who just disappeared himself there really quickly. They caught me off guard. Sorry, Samir, though, great stuff. You can find me tagging Samir on x at j D Wyatt zero six uh YouTube at Southern Fried Sports, JD Caine, Mark Chuck Candy, Sameir. It's always a lovely time. I think we always have a great conversation. We just saw a great comeback.
Speaker 1: We did crazy right.
Speaker 2: Hum. And now, of course I'm sitting here and be like, oh, you should have predicted that, JD.
Speaker 1: Of course. Of course. One more quick plug. My husband wrote a book, Lessons from the Microphone. Get this book. It talks about his forty plus years in the media and how it has changed and evolved. It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. There's also link on our website www. Dot selfloaded Tribune dot com. I would also ask that anybody that is watching, either through our YouTube or your YouTube, to go and subscribe to everybody else's subscribe YouTube. Anybody that's on our network, please support them because they support us by coming on and chatting with us and giving us their time. So I would ask everybody to go and support all of the people that we have great show Forget about the Braves, pray for coding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Caine, he We're ready for that candlelight vigil. We are officially we're putting an end to the rest of the Brave season. So Caine and then Candy if I may, Yeah for Greenville Sports Media, Ardensburger and Grilled Beef and Ribby Energy, South Florida Tribune. Y'all be blessed, not stressed. Just be kind to one another, dang it, and less enjoy sports. We'll talk about them later.
Speaker 1: Good night, have a great one. Good night,