Speaker 1: The sun is shining clout in the sky. We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside.
Speaker 2: Some people on some skis, but.
Speaker 1: We would rather sit on down and talk some movies. We're the Avid Indoorsmen. Come listen to our show. We're the Avid Indoorsmen at home on the go. We're the Avid indoors Man. We hope you love it, so come on in and stay. We'll do our best to make you smile.
Speaker 3: Indors Man, what is happening? I'm Rob Lundquist tonight, and we are the Avid Indoorsman.
Speaker 2: We really are. Hello and welcome friends.
Speaker 3: Hello, it's our Oscar Predictions episode.
Speaker 2: I know I was trying to be classy? Is that what it sounded like? Was I?
Speaker 4: Big?
Speaker 3: Class? What you sounded very classic? Love you think you killed it? Bro?
Speaker 2: Thank you? This was the Red Carpets of intros for us. We did it. It was good. What are you wearing tonight, Rob' It's a flannel by Dixon.
Speaker 3: Actually this is the first time I'm wearing it. Big fan of it. You guys go check check it out.
Speaker 2: D I x x O N only two xes.
Speaker 3: I would I would love it if they became a sponsor because I really really love this flannel.
Speaker 2: We will shill whatever you need is to shill. I love that, love that very lovely palette on.
Speaker 3: Us, l Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: It's got the browns, different different shades of browns, and then we got a little bit of forest green going on and the like that.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot.
Speaker 3: It's very Lumberjack esque.
Speaker 2: I like it. I love it.
Speaker 3: God, thank you, you're handsome. Thank you you really are.
Speaker 2: What is what is a handsome guy? Like you been watching lately?
Speaker 3: And you know, I had to get prepared for this. I watched a lot of Academy Award nominated films, so I figured I would shy away from those since we're going to talk about so many of them. But a recent one that I did watch, I watched the newer Robert Zemeckis film that's on Netflix now and it's called Here with Tom Hanks and Robin Wright.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've been sort of meaning to watch that as well. Tell me what you think.
Speaker 3: I wasn't from the preview. It wasn't something that I was like, Oh, I need to see it. It looked a lot like the CGI and stuff was going to throw me off because they're aged throughout the year, so it's when they're younger.
Speaker 2: And I was just like, oh, I'm just going to be thinking about one perspective, so that's kind of.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. So, yeah, it was a different concept where the entire film shot from one camera shot that is like looking in the living room of this house. And the house was like a colonial so it was like over one hundred years old, and so it wasn't just Tom Hanks and Robin Wright. It was a lot of different families that lived in this house over the years and the different struggles and the you know, the different great moments that these families had. I thought it was really well done. That's actually And it went all the way up different like political like periods and went all the way up into like COVID and it just like it was. It was crazy, dude. It got a little bit Tree of lifey for me because they went way back in time, like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was in one of the previous maybe or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dinosaurs, So that's how they started it. And I was like, oh god, I don't know if I'm.
Speaker 2: Like this is it linear the whole way?
Speaker 3: No, they go they pop back and forth. They pop cool, but it it surpassed my expectations quite a bit. I ended up really liking it. I even got kind of emotional at the end. It was it was a really well done film. And Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, Kelly Riley from Yellowstone, Paul Bettany. So yeah, it's uh, it's definitely worth checking out. And it's it's currently on Netflix, so I would I would see it on there before renting it or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cool. Nice. Yeah, yeah, that's definitely what I intend on checking out at some point.
Speaker 3: You should.
Speaker 2: I love it. You should.
Speaker 3: It is worth watching. What have you been watching?
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to remind me because I can't remember if I've talked about this one. If I have, I can pie of it. Have I talked about your cordially invited yet?
Speaker 3: You have not one.
Speaker 2: I didn't think I had, but I couldn't quite.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty new one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is on Prime right now. I believe it's where I watched it. This is a movie with Reese Witherspoon and Will Ferrell. Really great. They each have a family member who is getting married and they have this like small island that is very important to them and their families and has been for years and years, and so the kind of fun thing is it's Will Ferrell's daughter, but Reese Witherspoon's sister, and then like things happen and they have to like share this place to have weddings because there's a snapho, right, and comedy ensues from there. His daughter is Geraldine Viswanathan, who we love, who we've seen in so many things. She's so fun. I love her. She's really great in this. And then Meredith Hagner was the person who was Reese's sister, and I don't remember really seeing her. She was hysterically funny, really really good. Good that Jimmy Tatro guy was her like fiance, who's really funny. You'd recognize him. He's been in a bunch of stuff. This movie really surprised me. It was kind of rom comy and dumb at moments. You know, It's what I think others would say. I loved it every second I was in. But I also think it's just genuinely super super funny. I was like gut laughing at several points throughout it. I think it's really well done. Love I mean, we all love Reese and Will, so like it makes sense. Yeah, but this was like a legitimately really funny, really cute movie. It's got a couple of heartfelt moments. I was a little worried it was just gonna be like a straight to streaming type movie. You know.
Speaker 3: They're kind of kind of made me think of when I saw that. I think I'll watch this one like a few times. I really enjoyed it a lot.
Speaker 2: I think it has a little bit more depth to it than that, and I really liked it, so I recommend it. I think you would really enjoy it. It's fun.
Speaker 3: I love Will Farell. I've watched pretty much every dude.
Speaker 2: He's funny in this too, and kind of like a different a little bit of a different character. But it's it's really good. And and Reese is just always great too.
Speaker 3: She's a delight.
Speaker 2: She's so funny, Like she's such a great actor that I feel like I forget that sometimes, you know, but genuinely hysterical. So, yeah, check out, you're cordially invited. It was really fun. Yeah, I'll have you been streaming anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my house has gotten completely rocked.
Speaker 2: Get into that.
Speaker 3: I'm just getting over it. And over the weekend, I was hit pretty hard with it. But I watched the SNL fiftieth let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you did get a chance to check it out.
Speaker 2: I did. Yeah, I think I watched it after the fact, but it confused me a little bit that it was on Sunday not on Saturday, which seemed weird. I mean, I get it, but I was like, what is happening on Saturday?
Speaker 3: We saw that they were doing a big concert. It was like all like the musical things for like, it was like a lead up to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't see that was that fun? Did you?
Speaker 3: Was fun? I didn't watch the whole thing, but bits and pieces. Yeah, there was a big The big viral thing was that post Malone joined the other members of Nirvana and they did smells like teens. Fe was pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was in the midst of feeling like butt from the flu. I got a text from our buddy Brandon and it just said goulay and it reminded me that I was missing and fiftieth I missed like the first fifteen minutes of it, but I got in during the The Lawrence Welk Show, where Will Ferrell. I was doing his Robert Goulay.
Speaker 2: Imprecious, so happy they brought that back to that Krysten.
Speaker 3: Way De nice character has killed me with the little hands. Oh it's so good dude. But yeah, it was pretty awesome. So many huge stars were there in the audience and on stage, Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin, Martin Short, Paul McCartney closed it. Adam Sandler's song was so good.
Speaker 2: I loved that. Yeah, man, that was really great.
Speaker 3: But apparently Dana Carvey got hit with the flu so he had to miss.
Speaker 2: I was wondering, Okay, I was. I figured there had to be a story because I was like, where's he? I'm sure he would have came and their podcast all the time, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dan Ackroid wasn't there, which was a bummer because like all the original folks were still there that are still with us, and Bill Hayter was a big I couldn't believe he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's Bill Hayter doing? That's interesting?
Speaker 3: I don't know. So those because everyone was there, it was very noticeable the people. But one of my favorite things that happened is when Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were taking the questions and Ryan Reynolds, It's like, Oh Ryan, how are you great? Why what have you heard?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 3: It was so good spot on.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It reminded me of when Paul Rubins had his whole deal where he he had gotten arrested for the theater and then his next public appearance he just like heard any good jokes lately. It reminded me a lot of that. Not to that extent, of course, but I hear you. But let's make a comedic moment out of probably some pretty stressful times. Yeah, yeah, but I loved it. I loved every minute of it. I kind of watched another three hours of it. I loved that show, have loved it since I was a kid, so I was I was super into it.
Speaker 2: I really liked that show. I for some reason, it was It's never been like appointment viewing for me. I don't really know why. It doesn't make a lot of sense. I really loved it too. I thought it was really fun. I've like recently got into more with the podcast, and I think I read an SNL book and watched that movie and stuff. So a lot of the like Saturday About Saturday Night, which I really liked. I don't know if I talked about that on here yea, but man, what a fun movie. I really enjoyed that, agreed, But yeah, I just thought it was super fun. It was it was very clear that everyone was having a pretty great time. There was some microphone issues, which I like kind of understand, but I'm also like, we mike hundreds of live events every day with like a ton of people, why can't we do this here?
Speaker 3: It's my Rudolph one was the worst.
Speaker 2: Scratchy the whole time. And yeah, it was really weird.
Speaker 3: I loved that that how they got Mike Myers as Linda Rich.
Speaker 2: I mean, all the bits were really funny, I thought. I mean, yes, they were like if you're a fan, you're gonna love these, right, They're all kind of fan service. But I love that. I think it's so great. I loved all the tributes. I'm with you. I also loved at the end, you know, they have everyone on stage. At the end, they showed like shots of the audience. There was like four people out there stuff. Yes, everybody was out there, which was really fun. Uh yeah, I don't know. The vibe was just great and a ton of these people are getting older and you know, it just felt like, oh, hell, this might be the last time we see Garrett Morris, like I didn't even know he was still alive, to be honest, and all these people who are just so great, and yeah, I don't know. I thought it was I thought it was really fun. I was personally happy I got to watch it without commercials because it was long.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, it was very long. Yeah, but it was like the only time of the day that I was actually up. I slept the entire day perfect, so so you were like, I was good and then I fell asleep for another twelve hours after Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I thought it was really fun and they seemed like they did a great job and all the things you said, I was I was just saying, like, where the hell is David Spade and then he came around, you like all the things right, And I was wondering about Dana Carvey, so that that makes sense though I didn't even think about so I'm smart. Yeah, but yeah, I thought it was really fun and I could see, you know, watching clips of that later and everything, like, I thought they had some great bits, and yeah, it was fun. I liked it. It was super fun with you also Eddie Murphy playing Tracy Morgan. So fun with Tracy Morgan right next to him, was really great. Got of one it was so good.
Speaker 3: It was amazing, really really funny.
Speaker 2: He's like, I don't get it, you know, like, yeah, I don't really say it really really fun. So yeah, well what do you say about you? We do? If you plug runs here?
Speaker 3: I think we should.
Speaker 2: Yes, noeus can business. It's always over on the Twitter machiner. We're at ha an endorsement with the Z. You can go to Facebook dot com. You can go to uh, what are all the other things sky as we're on threads to people are under threads threads. I didn't even know that. What's the other one? Instagram at the endorsement as well. But if you really want to hang out and be part of the crew that's about to go.
Speaker 3: Patreon dot com slash the avid indoorsman. It's a great time on Patreon. We love our patrons. We give them lots of perks. One of those perks is getting a shout out here. So let's give a shout out to Marsha Grisiac, Mary Fox, Nanette Walkley, Yohan Brostad, deb Olk and Noel Flores. You guys are great. Thank you for your patronage. Big fancy you guys. Another perk is we give our patrons an extended version of every episode we put out that only they get to hear. We usually do usually do a top five draft that pertains to the movie we're talking about, and for this episode, we're not doing a movie, but we're talking about Oscars, and so we thought, let's do our top ten best director Oscar winners.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Nice, We're gonna do top ten.
Speaker 2: Good time, and they're all pretty good movies. Yeah, as you would presume.
Speaker 3: You would assume as much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, if I seem weird, I feel like I've had to sneeze for about five minutes and it's just just so if anybody's watching the video and it's like he seems a little extra twitchy today, you know why.
Speaker 3: This is also the most I've talked in like four or five days, so I feel like I'm a little tongue tied as well. So we're not at our best right now. Yes, just bear with it.
Speaker 2: It's pretty close to our best though, We're honest it It means it doesn't get much better what it is, but you know, uh, it's I don't know into best Supporting Actress.
Speaker 3: All right, great, let's do it. Yes, I'll start this off so our Our nominees for Best Supporting Actress are Monica Barbero for A Complete Unknown, Ariana Grande for Wicked, Felicity Jones for The Brutalist, Isabella Rosselini for Conclave, and Zoe Saldana for Amelia Perez. Now, usually we'll do who we want to win, who we think will win. I would love to give this to Ariana Grande because I thought she was so good as Glinda. She blew me away.
Speaker 2: I did love her in that.
Speaker 3: I didn't expect her to be as good as she was. Now, I know she's funny, and I know she sings well, I agree, but I didn't. I didn't know that she could sing like that. It's a different style. You know, you got your pop stuff, even musical theater, but she's got to do like, oh, operatic things. I was very impressed with her. But I also think that I think Zoe so Daniel is going to get it. She is by far the front runner for this. She's won so many awards for it already. She had to do a lot in that movie. And had to sing and dance as well. Yeah, she's a wonderful actress. She deserves and so yeah, I'm I'm good giving it to Zoe Soldania.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I picked as well. I feel like she's gonna get it. I feel like that movie has to get at least a few thirteen nominations. It's also, this is just gonna come up that that movie doesn't make much sense to me. I like it, but I also I'm so confused by it. So I know we've talked about this before, but why you would make a musical without any decent songs or people who can really sing is a very strange move to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was my exact feeling because I was kind of into the story me too.
Speaker 2: I like that. I was compelled by it a lot. I'm with you, the.
Speaker 3: Story is crazy. Yeah, it's I feel like it could have been just a good drama and everyone.
Speaker 2: Did a really good job acting. I thought, except for the singing, I do. I will say though, Zoe's Adnet is not a bad singer at all. I thought she was actually one of the better people in it.
Speaker 3: For sure, she can dance really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's not bad by any means, but it's just it is strange. But so I'm picking her. I hear you on Ariana Grande. I like her a lot. I had a hard time picking who I want, but I ended up saying what I who I really want to get it is Monica Barbero from a complete unknown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe biass wonderful. She was great. She was she sounded great.
Speaker 2: Ah, sounded so great, cus Button, you know, like had to do a lot of emotional, you know things during that. I felt like that performance had some pretty good depths.
Speaker 3: So honestly, I felt like all all of the nominees had to do a lot except for Isabella Rossellini. I felt like she was in for this for about five minutes and I like, she was fine. I didn't think that she was bad anyway. And I mean she is a legendary actress. Yes, but I was a little shocked that she was nominated for them.
Speaker 2: When I first was writing these down, I went and made sure that I got that right, because I was like, was she even ate it? Like I don't even remember really, you know, so I'm with you. And again I thought that she was bad or anything, but no, no.
Speaker 3: She was mine.
Speaker 2: Not a memorable same level because all these other ones, I'd be like, if any of them won, I'd be like, yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, great, well, and the stuff that Felicity Jones had to do in The Brutalist, like, yeah, she's great. I mean, I don't know how you put those two in the same Yeah, very strange category, very very strange. I'm with you anyway.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, so we both picked Zoe's out of the we did.
Speaker 3: Why don't you tell us about Best Supporting Acts.
Speaker 2: Best Supporting Actor? The nominees are from Anora, You're a Bozov from a real pain, Kieran Koolkin, a complete unknown, Edward Norton, The Brutalist, Guy Pierce, and the Apprenticed, The Apprenticed the Apprentice Jeremy Strong. I was like, why did I say apprenticed?
Speaker 3: Dumb dumb idiot.
Speaker 2: I picked the same person for this with a sort of a caveat, But I think it's going to be Karen Culkin. And he was wonderful in that film, so I think that makes a ton of sense. A weird not a weird character, but just like a nuanced, strange, outside the norm character. And I thought he did such a good job. So, yeah, why don't you tell me who you had and I'll tell you my other person I really wanted to lift up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I one hundred percent think it's going to Kiaran Culkin. We're two for two. He also is winning every award he is. I think this is the biggest lock to win. Good dude. He yeah, in everything everybody's going on and on about.
Speaker 2: Him, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: It kind of feels like he's playing himself a little bit when I see him in interviews with Greens, Yeah, a little bit, But I think he's just I think he's pretty great. He's pretty funny, and he had to really emote in some stuff. It was a great performance. All the actors were great, though, if I had to give it to somebody else, honestly, I was super impressed with Jeremy Strong in The Apprentice. Yeah, it's funny. Two dudes from Succession.
Speaker 2: That is really great.
Speaker 3: You know that movie was tough to watch, but he was pretty pretty great and you could see they were really going for let's see how Donald Trump became who he was and that this guy was such a huge influence on him. And I thought he was great.
Speaker 2: No, he was really wonderful. Yeah. I liked that a lot too.
Speaker 3: That's all I got.
Speaker 2: Ed Norton is Pete Seeger I thought was also wonderful. He's always amazing, and that's why I think he won't honestly like make a bigger push or anything, because he's just always great. So it's like a little like, oh, yeah, okay, cool, But man, I thought he was great even, just like because you know, Pete was such like a hey, it's cool man, you know, like his whole was just perfect. I loved it.
Speaker 3: And he had to do some singing and playing yeah too, I thought, yeah, I'd never really heard him do anything like that.
Speaker 2: So it was cool. Also, we need Pezzeger. Petez Seeger is gonna come around again, Okay because of the current climate of the world.
Speaker 3: By sure, you want to bring us to Best Actress, do I ever? Our Best Actress nominees are Cynthia Revo for Wicked Hell, Carla Sophia Gascon for Emelia Perez, Mikey Madison for a Noura, Demi Moore for The Substance, and Fernando Torres for I'm Still Here. I think Demi Moore is going to get a legacy Award here. I wasn't able to see Fernando Torres and I'm Still Here, which I heard. She was fantastic in.
Speaker 2: Saying that's my one that I didn't get. I just I had a couple of shots and I just couldn't. I couldn't compel myself.
Speaker 3: They were only playing it in a couple of plays.
Speaker 2: Is really weird times and yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, I think I think, to me more, that's who I'm gonna pick.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I thought Cynthia Revo was incredible and wicked, so I would have probably I would have given this to Mikey Madison and Anora. I guess she had to do so much. She was definitely deserved for a nomination. She really carried that film, and it's such a crazy film.
Speaker 2: She had to do a lot, so much, she had to amount, she had to like crazy sex scenes and all that. Like, yeah, just so many things.
Speaker 3: I think I think she would be the front runner if it wasn't to me more, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also picked to me, I think I would love Cynthia Rebo to win. I think everyone did other than I haven't seen I'm Still Here, Like we said, so I don't know that she did, but I Fernanda Tory as everyone is going crazy about, so I'm sure it is also great.
Speaker 3: She has a very big following on X everybody because it's a Brazilian movie. The Brazilians are really just going on and on. She's interesting, ever, so yeah, making a push.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I honestly I agree everyone did great in this Carlo Sophia Gascon. I mean a lot of controversy around her right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's just like tweeting things that are bad. I didn't really get into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just doesn't have like the the general progressive you know, Hollywood kind of stuff is not her deal. I forget, honest, if I'm honest, I don't really remember even what.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what the controversy is.
Speaker 2: There is controversy around that stuff. I think she's talked about maybe Palestine and Israel stuff too, which gets real murky. And I don't have any answers about any that's you know, but just not very welcoming to folks. So yeah, but I thought she was awesome in that movie, like not as a singer perhaps, but no everything else. But yeah, well let's go to best actress then, Tour. I mean, of course, yes, yes, I can scroll appropriately.
Speaker 4: Adrian Brody from The Brutalist, Timothy Chalameat from a Complete Unknown, Coleman Domingo from Sing Sing Ralph Fiennis Ray Fines from Conclave, and then Sebastian Stan from The Apprentice.
Speaker 3: I think totally redeemed yourself on The Apprentice right there by the way, good job did I What did I do? Oh yeah, you redeemed yourself totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Adrian Brodie for The Brutalist is probably gonna win this.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I really want Coleman Domingo to win it, though, I really get that.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: God, he was good in that movie.
Speaker 3: He was so good. That was a great movie.
Speaker 2: Again, this is pretty stacked with some great people. But Adrian Brodie I think is going to win. I think he was pretty great in that movie. Honestly, he's not a character I like, which is always a little hard for me to hear. That well, and speaking of Sebastian Stan did a really good job. But also like that yeah right, yeah, but yeah, Adrian Brodie, I think he did a wonderful job in that because that's a real and it's like seven hours long, so oh man, you know that movie a lot of screen time. But yeah, that's why I had who would you have for that one?
Speaker 3: Well, Hollywood loves a biopic, and we've seen best actors go to a lot of biopicks, So well you had Jamie Fox, and Rae had Joaquin Fienix, Love Line, Ronnie Mallick and Bohemian Rhapsody. But I used that exact same logic years ago when Austin Butler was up for Elvis and I got hosed for Brendan Fraser in the Whale. So I'm not gonna get burned this time, and I'm gonna guess that Adrian Brody you turn it around way.
Speaker 2: I know, but.
Speaker 3: I honestly think it's a coin flip between him and Timothy Shallow.
Speaker 2: Was awesome too, But he was so good.
Speaker 3: He didn't like overdo the Bob Dylan like go like way too intense because everybody always does a and he was really subtle with it.
Speaker 2: Had to do a lot been singing.
Speaker 3: He had been practicing it sounds like for like five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you see somebody put that much work into it, and I mean he's gonna win an Academy Award at some point. He's an incredible actor.
Speaker 2: It's kind of surprising he hasn't.
Speaker 3: I kind of That's what I'm almost wanting to pick him right now because of that, because did win. So yeah, I'm gonna go with Adrian Brody, but I want Timothy shall Made to win.
Speaker 2: I think that's inspired. Thank you.
Speaker 3: So let's move on to Best Adapted Screenplay. We have A Complete Unknown by James Mangold and Jay Cox. We have Conclave by Peter Strawn, Amelia Perez by Jacques add with some other folks. We got Nickel Boys screenplay by Ramel Ross and Joslyn Barnes. Then we got Sing Sing, which I love that that was the real thing that happened.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: So everything that I've read is pointing to our Conclave winning Best adapt at Screenplay. I really think all of these films have a good chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was really impressed with how they shot Nickel Boys and have it all from the main character's point of view. Super interesting, Yeah, super interesting. I thought Sing Sing was a pretty amazing story led by Coleman Domingo, but Conclave was also great. So I'm gonna go with what I've read. I'm gonna go with Conclave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of doing the same thing Conclave. I would I think I would like it if Sing Sing won the most out of the rest of them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm kind of with you.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad about any of it, right, like, if any of that happens, right, Yeah, that's pretty great, so nice. I love that. I think we've agreed on almost everything.
Speaker 3: So every single thing, not almost single Well, that make things interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, either it either means Rob You're gonna do a lot worse this year or I'm gonna do a lot better this year. There's no in between. All Right, let's go to Best Original Screenplay now. Sorry, I'm just navigating over because I like that you had their names. I should have done that, so Anora. Nominees for this are Anora, Sean Baker, Sean Baker four and Noura Brady Corbett and Mona Fastfold for the Brutalist, Jesse Eisenberg for Real Pain, Cora Lee is it for yet Forget?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure either the.
Speaker 2: Substance the substance, And then Moritz Binder, Tim Fell Boum, and Alex David for September five, Which did you see September. It looks compelling, it looks good. Yeah, I really want to see it. I'm interested, and I think this is like one of the only things it's up for, right is uh yeah, is screenplay, So that's interesting. But no, I haven't had did you see You haven't seen it either?
Speaker 3: Then no, no, no, I just saw a trailer for right. I just wasn't able to get it in before this, But sure, I'm going to definitely try and see it before the awards.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Same here, same here. I think I feel like I read and this kind of makes sense to me. I think Nora is going to win this one because I just think Anora is gonna do great and it's it is a really compelling idea for a screenplay because it's a little out there, right, like it's a, you know, a different kind of story. I think I would like if The Substance won, though, because I thought that was really an inventive idea, which I really I liked. I mean, I I don't love the entire movie as we've talked about, but but man, it was it was really a cool idea and they pulled it off really well. So but I'm going to take out or for this one. What are you taking?
Speaker 3: We are again? Oh? No, in lockstep? Yes, we are right there. I also didn't see September fifth. I kind of thought the substance had a good shot here. Yeah, it's gonna take sure stuff. But yeah, I noor. The fact it was so funny with all the drama centered around it was really impressive. So I'm right there with you, dude.
Speaker 2: We do not have.
Speaker 3: One that's different yet, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's got to change, right, or I'll just start picking what I think will win rather than.
Speaker 3: Right, we'll see. We'll see here with the best animated features. Yeah, we had Flow, Inside Out, to Memoir of a Snail, Wallace and Grammet, Vengeance, Most Foul, and The Wild Robot. I only saw two of the five nominees here. I kind of reposer.
Speaker 2: I just watched the last one last night, so.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've only seen Inside Out two in the Wild Robot, I think either of those films could win, and I think Flow won the Golden Globe. But I'm gonna go and give this one of the Wild Robot. Pretty beautiful store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really good. I picked that both for for both I wanted to win and I think it will win. I will say Inside Out too was great, and we've talked about that. I just think for whatever reason, those Pixar ones get kind of overlooked now. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't get that at all.
Speaker 2: And I watched Flow last night and I really liked it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I checked the trailer out and my kids noticed it said adult animation. They were like, I don't think we can watch this. So I was like, all right, I'll wait.
Speaker 2: They definitely good. I don't know that they would look of it. There's there's no speaking in it at all. That was one thing we noticed. We're like, it's very so, and not to say they wouldn't like it, but I don't know. It would be interesting to know what they thought of it. I really thought it was. It was interesting. It helped my attention the whole time. And for an animated movie that has no you know, like speaking in it, I think that's really cool and good for them. So yeah, sure, the Wild Robot, I'm with you where we match again?
Speaker 3: This is crazy.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: Why don't hit us up with Best Original Song?
Speaker 2: That's right, it's my turn Best Original Song. The nominees are el Mall for Amelia Perez, the Journey, six Triple eight Like a Bird from Sing Sing Me Camino from Amelia Perez again, and Never Too Late from Elton John. It's all it says, which I assume is that a documentary.
Speaker 3: It was called Never Too Late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh the actual thing, okay, and Elton John wrote it. I probably should have said who wrote all those as well, but it was.
Speaker 3: A lot of folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go check it out. I picked Elton John Never Too Late because I believe it was him and Brandy Carlisle honestly, the only reason other than I don't like the song from Emilia Perez. I don't remember like a Bird, and I never saw six two from it from me and they, I just don't. I don't know. Yeah, they're fine, but I never saw six Triple eight.
Speaker 3: Either, so I didn't either.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. So I was like, ah, best original song, let's go with Elton John. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all I had. I totally feel you and I want the Elton John one to win, but I saw that Elle mall Is is kind of the favorite, but I would be so happy. Brandy Carlisle the one Where's That's really sad? And singing about no it is it's this crazy. It's the crazy scene where Zoe Saldania is singing and dancing in between like that whatever no no, no, in the entire like crowd that's in like a big ballroom and they're all frozen while she's singing and dancing around them, and she's like it, it's not that great of a song. It's more impressive what she's able to do with the acting in her movements. I was not that impressed with the song, but it is. It is the front runner, so I'm gonna go with it because I don't really know any of the other ones.
Speaker 2: Well, I hate it all right, great, yeah, well we have a difference.
Speaker 3: Though I thought it would. The one that could get nominated for that movie is when they're kind of going back and forth and it's like a power ballance. That was like the only.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: Neither one of that one was not nominal, and they were.
Speaker 2: I think it's because they were acting more than anything in that too.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well I guess that does it for that.
Speaker 3: You want to hit us with best international films, I do from Brazil. We have I'm still here from Denmark, we have The Girl with the Needle. From France, we have Amelia Perez. From Germany, we have The Seed of the Sacred fig and from Latvia we have Flow. And it seems like Amelia Perez is the front runner here. But I've also heard that I'm Still Here was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sot between because I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't super into Amelia Perez. I'm gonna go with I'm Still Here. Uh, that's it. That's all I have. I haven't even seen it, but I'm going to pick that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pick Amelia Perez because I think that we'll win. So another two different ones. That's good, But I would really like it to Flow one because I thought that movie was very, very sweet and compelling.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: Uh and again I yeah, I know, we both said it, but Amelia Prez such an interesting story and then they just they kind of wrecked part of it for me. Yeah, so they'll get something out of it. Let's do best documentary short subject, everyone's favorite catalog category catalog too, maybe Death by Numbers, I Am Ready Warden and Instruments of a Beating Heart and the Only Girl in the Orchestra. I picked I Am Ready Warden, big fan of commas, so that was big basically the big reason I picked that. Uh, and I really want the only girl on the orchestra to win. For no particular reason, I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah about I am also picking I am ready warden because that is the front run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one especially, I was like, I haven't seen it. It is I guess I'll just look at what other people are thinking.
Speaker 3: I don't say, uh, this next one isn't as like they don't have a serious front runner. We have Best Documentary Feature. I mean there's it's between two, it seems like. So for best Documentary Feature, we have black Box Diaries, No Other Land, Porcelain War, soundtrack to a Coup d'eta, and Sugar Cane. I saw zero of these. I usually see one or two.
Speaker 2: I know I didn't see any of them. I know they need to make these easier to see, like the agreed the short and I feel like I would watch all these if.
Speaker 3: They their own streaming service, Academy Award streaming service.
Speaker 2: You want to get nominated, you have to let us show this on this thing or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably a nightmare with all the work, but it wouldn't work. But but I wish it was a thing. So yeah, I saw it was kind of between No Other Land and porcelaind war and I'm taking No Other Land, dang it.
Speaker 2: That's what I picked too, for no real reason either.
Speaker 3: So cool.
Speaker 2: All right, Well let's go to best production design. We have for this category, the Brutalist Conclave Dune Part two, No Spatu and Wicked, and I picked and want Wicked to win.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 2: It's just so great, and I thought they really did a great job of It's so vibrant, this world they created all, you know, everything in it. I just really like it so and it's different, right, So I just thought that was neat. But I really thought they made all come alive. I think they also did that for Dune obviously, but I I feel like June Part one had its sort of day in the sun, so people will maybe ignore that. I don't know, but you know, I don't really know what goes into this one, if I'm completely honest.
Speaker 3: So Wicked, Yeah, Wicked, I the exact same thing. Okay, I would be super happy if Dune Part two one is one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cool.
Speaker 3: Well, let's move on to cinematography. We have the Brutalist Lol, Crawley, Dune Part two, Grieg Fraser, Amelia Perez, Paul Gillum, Maria ed Lachman, and knows Faratu jarin Blashkey. I think because Greg Fraser won for Dune Part one, that they're gonna give Lol Crawley the Oscar for The Brutalist.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: I did not see Maria or ness Ferratu, which I feel bad about. But The Brutalist was shot beautifully. The fact that I was into that movie for three and a half hours, yeah, means that the filmmaking was great. I give a lot of that to how it was shot, keeping me entertained for that long. So yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna go with Lol Crawley and yeah, I mean that's a lot of coverage. That is a long, long film.
Speaker 2: So much, right, so much. I also picked The Brutalist, so we match on that one, and I think I want that one to win too, Although I will say no, Sparratu has great cinematography. You went and saw it, Yeah, I did see it. I don't I didn't really like it, to be honest. It you know, it's a horror movie anyway.
Speaker 3: But like it just Dinegger's creeps me out, bro it didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I just didn't do anything for me. I don't know why. But it is beautiful shot.
Speaker 3: He has a very like particular vibe. Yeah, and it's always just makes puts me off a bit like it makes me feel great.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. I'm with you. Yeah, I don't know. It's you know, some people really really like it. I presume, but yeah, I don't whatever, but uh, you might really like it if you listener. If you want to go see that, go check it out one for.
Speaker 3: Me, check it out. But but I would be super excited if Greek Phraser won again for doing part two. Hell yeah, that movie was insane.
Speaker 2: The only thing I thought was like so much there's so much computer animation in that that like, maybe you lose a few points for that. Again, I don't without really knowing what goes into it, because there might be in The Brutalist too. I don't really think there is, but there might be. I don't know. But yeah, yeah, I wouldn't be mad about that for show. Let's do best costume design. The movies we have for this are A complete Unknown, Conclave, Gladiator two No Saratu, and Wicked Wiki ah, and I picked no Satu for this one. They love a period piece number one.
Speaker 3: That's true, and it is true.
Speaker 2: There's some pretty great costumes in this that I thought were really really cool. So yeah, I picked up is that a different one?
Speaker 3: That is a different one?
Speaker 2: Love?
Speaker 3: We have three different ones so far. I kind of thought it was between Wicked and Gladiator two. I was thinking Gladiator two for the period piece. Like you're saying, oh, great point, but I'm gonna give it to Wicked.
Speaker 2: I have no complaints about that. I thought their production and costumes were wonderful in that movie, so kind of the same thing as before, right, like really beautiful, vibrant, yea cool. Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: And Gladiator two that was probably the best part of that movie. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not a bad movie.
Speaker 2: It's not bad. I had fun.
Speaker 3: But that's a big party.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's certainly no Gladiator one.
Speaker 3: No, I had a lot to live up too, for sure. Well, let's move on to best sound. We have a complete Unknown Dune Part two, Amelia Perez, Wicked and the Wild Robot. Let's give Wicked another one. I'm giving it to Wicked. Let's get some best sound. That's all I got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, yeah, I'm wondering if I should switch min because I don't really feel as strongly as I did about it last night.
Speaker 3: I don't feel super strongly.
Speaker 2: I feel like a number of these could win. I'm gonna pick du in Part two. That's what I wrote down.
Speaker 3: I could absolutely see that sound.
Speaker 2: For that was just really great, like we've said before, so like vast and I.
Speaker 3: Think it's between those two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, shout out to complete don't know. And I just thought, like the all the songs in that sound, it's so great that that's amazing. But you could say the same about Wicked, So yeah, I don't know. I'm not mad about any of those winning. I think you're right though, it's between Dune and Wicked, I'd think, yeah. I just think those the movies that are so closely tied to each other, like Dune and One Part one and Part two. If the first one gets a bunch of buzz, the second one, I feel like usually doesn't, or vice versa, you know, so I.
Speaker 3: Can see them totally.
Speaker 2: Who knows though, but yeah, so uh we're getting into the big ones now. Best animated short beautiful men in the Shadow of the Cypress, Magic candles, Wander to Wonder.
Speaker 3: And yuck, yuck. I think it's magic candies.
Speaker 2: Oh is it really?
Speaker 3: I think you know what?
Speaker 2: I wrote down candies originally, and I was like, oh, I must have misspelled candles. What a cool Well this is embarrassing because that's the one I picked to win. Uh, candies.
Speaker 3: I love candy, I mean candle.
Speaker 2: Candies and candles. Really, I'm in for both. Yeah, I can. If I could see all these, I would maybe have more of opinion, but I don't.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I have no idea either. Real well, I mean that's what it looks like on here.
Speaker 2: Here's probably right, bud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got nothing. I'm going to pick Wander to Wonder because I like alliteration. I love it, you know, that's all I got looking to see.
Speaker 2: If it's candies, it is candies.
Speaker 3: Candy even more reason and I should have known.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so candies obviously the.
Speaker 3: One different one. I love it. I love different. Yeah, live action short, we have a lean a new huh, I'm not a robot. The Last Ranger and the man who could not remain silent. I think we all know the man who could not remain silent gets the win. Everybody's been talking about it. That's the buzz everyone I picked Anusia.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about any of these.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's how I went with a new hat, A new hat, A new Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. Yogging, I yogging?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but okay, cool, I knew you would correct my pronunciation. I'm sorry to everyone that probably puts so much time and effort into those categories.
Speaker 3: No, we're sorry. There's only so many things you can watch.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Best original score though from this one we have the Brutalist, Conclave, Amelia Perez, Wicked, and the Wild Robot. Ah. And I picked the Brutalist because I actually thought the score in that I think it is getting some buzz that it might win too, but it is. Yeah, I remember being like, I really like this. This score a lot, like it's very It goes a lot of places. There's a lot of like sort of vista moments, whether it's inside a building or in an actual vista where it's just like score playing over top of that, And I really like that. So yeah, I picked the Brutalist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it definitely sounds like it's the front Runner, with Conclave shortly behind.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: I definitely noticed that throughout it. Now that composer who did Conclave is a Vulcar Bertleman, and he won two years ago for All Quiet on the Western Front A BEAUTIFU lovely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was super super cool.
Speaker 3: So I think Daniel Bloomberg or Bloomberg he's gonna get his first Oscar win for the Brutalist. I'm with you, love it nice, but I wouldn't be mad if if Vulcar Bertleman wins again.
Speaker 2: And the Wild Rubbi Great has some great scoring.
Speaker 3: Wicked, wicked, It's always good. And we had our guy, Stephen Schwartz. That's the only name I really knew out of all those folks.
Speaker 2: So nice wouldn't be mad at that either. And Emilia Press probably had nice meeting. I don't know. I was so thrown off by the singing I didn't pay attention. I guess no, no, this is me.
Speaker 3: Let's do best visual effects Alien Romulus, which I never saw. Still pretty mad about that. I need to check that out better man. Also have not seen Dune part two. Loved that movie bro Kingdom of the Plan of the Apes, which I also did not see. And Wicked. Dune Part two is my favorite film last year and had a lot to do with the incredible visual effects. Going to give this one to.
Speaker 2: Them, same, Yeah, I picked the same cool. Yeah. I don't know that I have much other commentary on that any of them could win, probably, but yeah, that they just did so many weird, cool things with all the dude and stuff.
Speaker 3: If you're going to ride a sandworm, you're gonna win best visual fests for real, real, That's all.
Speaker 2: There is to it. I love that. It's great reasoning. Let's go to best film editing for this one. We have a Noora, the Brutalist Conclave, Amelia Perez and Wicked and then probably should have wrote all those people's names down, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: It's all good.
Speaker 2: Ah, editing is one. I feel like I need a short film on what that means and what makes it really good editing other than a few years ago we did the was it Ford Versus Ferrari where we were like they made that so exciting, like that was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I picked a Nora for this one because I thought there was so much comedy in it that I felt like they had to probably massage some things with editing to make that work, and at the very least they didn't get in the way any of these could win. I don't really know, but I picked a Nora.
Speaker 3: I also picked Nora out, and honestly, I'm surprised the Brutalist is here for best editing editing did they edit anyway? Did we cut of a three and a half hour movie?
Speaker 2: What did we cut? That's a great point, but it does.
Speaker 3: Seem like this one is kind of the most up in the air, like a Nora, the Brutalist and Conclave seemed to all be kind of right around the same for favorites.
Speaker 2: I guess you could talk me into Conclave because that there's not a lot happening in that other than like the intrigue, and they're cool and they you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I felt like they trimmed all the fat on that one. You know, it's not like, yeah, I was like, all right, let's keep going, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, interesting, we.
Speaker 3: Got the same on that one again. Let's go to makeup and hairstyling. I bet we get the same on this as well.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 3: There's a different man. Amelia Perez nos Feratu, The substance and Wicked. Uh, the Substance really relied on the makeup in this one, and I'm going to give them the.
Speaker 2: Oscar so we don't have the same ones. I think the Substance is wonderful as far as makeup. I'm with you. There was a character who had green skin the entire film and it's and it's makeup. So I'm picking that because I thought she looked so great too. The Substance did as well, so obviously, like dude, now I'm not mad at either.
Speaker 3: That whole third act, well in the second Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I'm with you, but man, I just I thought the makeup was so good for Wicked.
Speaker 3: I mean I would be happy with that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm gonna pick that and I'll take my loss like a chance.
Speaker 3: That monster in the Substance, so oh my, I'm gonna think about that.
Speaker 2: I like all the like back stuff and the just the body the body horror stuff, and you're probably right, it's probably the Substance. I'm still gonna pick Wicket, but I think you're did you see a different man by the way, No, I didn't. That's this that was also Sebastian Stan right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it sounds like, I don't know what the term is, but he has a very large face.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: It's all like prosthetics, the kind of stuff exactly exactly. So, I mean that looked pretty impressive too. Definitely surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Now we got the big ones. Now we're going for Best Director. Yeah, and uh we have Sean Baker for a Nora, Brady Corbett for the Brutalist, James Mangold for a complete unknown, Jacques Aldielle for Amelia Perez, and Coralie Fargiet for the Substance. It seems like this is kind of a two man race between Sean Baker for Anora and Brady Corbett for the Brutalist.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I I know Brady Corbett won the Golden Globe. Oh okay, but I think I'm gonna go for Shawn Baker for Anora here. It's honestly what I preferred more and I could be wrong. They could go with the Golden Globe whinner Brady Corbett, but I'm gonna pick a Nora Seawan Baker.
Speaker 2: We are the same on that one. I picked a Sean Baker for an Aura as well. I just I think to be able to do a movie that has all these different levels of emotion is really impressive. And not that the Brutalists didn't have some moments of levity, because they had a few, but it certainly wasn't as funny as Honora was in parts. To me anyway, no, nowhere near. Yeah, so yeah, I'm gonna take that. I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I like it cool.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one, though, because I could see The Substance winning too, And this is a weird like whatever you think will win Best Picture usually also so you know, right, like right, which not always, not always, certainly not always. But yeah, well let's go into Best Picture. Now. We have the Best Picture nominees are Anora, The Brutalist, A Complete Unknown, Conclave, Dune Part Two, Amelia Perez, I'm Still Here, Nickel Boys, The Substance.
Speaker 3: And Wicked Boom.
Speaker 2: I I don't know even what I want to win, honestly, but I kept reading everywhere that Honora is probably the front runner, and so I just ended up picking that. I did like that movie. Is it a Best Picture winner? I don't know? But what does that mean? So it's super hard? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel maybe I want.
Speaker 2: Wicked to win just because that was the movie I enjoyed the most or thought was the most impressive or something. But yeah, again, the follow up might win next year, so that is, you know, a thing that might happen. But yeah, I picked a Nora. What did you pick for this one?
Speaker 3: I picked a Nora as well.
Speaker 2: We we picked.
Speaker 3: We really were right next to each other with all the main like the big main categories, because I didn't have any.
Speaker 2: Like hard opinions this year that were different.
Speaker 3: Well maybe so I saw nine of the ten, same as you, because you didn't see I'm still here as well. Like I said, Doom Part two is my favorite film. And I think it's a shame that Denny is not up for Best Director.
Speaker 2: Did he win last year?
Speaker 3: No, he didn't win.
Speaker 2: No, No, was he even up. I don't even remember.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think he was up.
Speaker 2: That's dumb. He made both those movies and didn't even get up. That's that's a travesty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so oh yeah, yeah, I would have certainly done that over over Amelia Perez. Yeah, but that's me. But yeah, I'm gonna give it to a Nora. I would be super happy if Wicked one. I would be super happy if doing part two to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, Deny, you didn't even get nominated last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's so good man, Yeah, but sorry, I kind of think it's a coin flip between Honora and the Brutalist.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I think Emilia pres had gotten better pub maybe you know, I don't know. Yeah, that movie is just so weird, I want to be clear, very polarizing. The trans part of this movie is not the part that either of us says, any him a little bit, like, I know, I know, no one probably thinks that. I thought that, like, the story was really compelling, and then they just wrapped it in the weirdest It was like a hot dog wrapped in cotton candy or some thing, like why did.
Speaker 1: We do this?
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I would try that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would too. I should have thought up a better example. Yeah, worse one gotten candy wrapped in bacon. No, I'm me in again, damn it, man, No, I'm just hungry, but I gotta call.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know. There's some great movies though, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know there are. Yeah, it was it was a tough year, and I'm glad I ended up getting to see so many.
Speaker 2: I had to really cram the last like saying, I expected to like Nickel Boys more than I did. Even though I thought it was good, it just didn't the thing you think because you read it too correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, so the thing like you. I was wondering how they were going to make Nickel Boys work as a movie, because yes, there's a pretty great reveal that happens in the film or in the book. It's much harder to do that with absolutely the film, and it wasn't as effective. It felt like it took They did as good as they could, but it took some of that or something or like. But by having it as the POV, you know, from the character's point of view, it was so close to being able to work. But it made that reveal just it not as as effective as the book. I get that, but I thought it was beautifully shot at that part. I'm with you, was was it even up for cinematography? Because I feel like it's it was not up for cinematography. I feel like that's kind of a shame because it was a really beautiful movie. It was very kind of an artsy film in that sense. But no, I mean I was. I was happy with it, and honestly, angeneu Ellis is so good, great, like I wish, And then I think, well, dude, I would have picked her for supporting actress over Isabella Rosselini. Are we kidding?
Speaker 2: No, that's a super good point, super good point.
Speaker 3: After seeing that, now, I feel like that's kind of a snub.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, that's a good call. That's a good call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really I liked the movie making part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I get that. I really like to complete Unknown too. I thought that was sound was really fun. Again. I don't know, like I'm not going to be mad when it doesn't win more. But I was like, man, this is really good.
Speaker 3: Like well, and especially those biopics a lot of times I'm like, all right, let's move along.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't feel that way in that one very much, if even at all. I don't remember thinking that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it didn't try and jam pack, you know, a whole life into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which is such a yeah, but yeah, I'm with you. Well, we'll see what happens, Bud. Congrats on winning again. Good for you.
Speaker 3: I don't know, we like we only differed the ones where we're like, I don't know, maybe this one. So yes, enjoy the Oscars everyone. It should be fun. We'll see who wins the what do we call the GROUCHIESE?
Speaker 2: Yes, all that stuff too. What do you remember offhand? Rob when they are Is it like Mark?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the first Sunday in March. March second time?
Speaker 2: Okay? Cool? Nice?
Speaker 3: So yeah, let's want to play gaap babe too. Well. I went to X just a little while ago and I was like, Hey, why don't you give me the name of an actor actress that's one in Oscar and also has a large filmography. I wish I would have done it longer ago or a while ago, because I didn't get a lot of option. That's fair, but it could I there is one option I don't think that we've ever used it. I'm going to start with the one I think we should go. Okay, and that's Sandra Bullock. We also had, We've also had Betty Davis, Alec Guinness, Laurence Olivier can't do any of those, and then we have Meryl Streep and Helen Mirren. Meryl Streep, I would be shocked if we haven't used Meryl Streep, but if we haven't, I don't know for sure. I could definitely do Meryl Streep or Sandra Bullock.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna get my ace kicked. Let's do Sandy B. I feel like I'll have a better shot there.
Speaker 3: Right, Sandy By, thanks to everyone. Yeah, I think so. Well. I don't know. Meryl Streep's done all your movies, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go with Sandy B.
Speaker 3: Sandy B. It is thank you Nancy Hamer, Nancy and everyone for responding to us. But we're going to use your suggestion, Sandy Be. Let's go with it. What you've got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Speed.
Speaker 3: Nice. We did that one just this last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that movie. It's really really good.
Speaker 3: It's a great movie. Let's go Speed to Cruise Control. Then let's just get that out.
Speaker 2: Of the way. That was what I was holding on to. No I knew it, Ah, Sandy B. I think the one the Blindside's what she won the oscar for, right, she sure did.
Speaker 3: That was gonna be my next one. What is Oh, let's go Miss Congeniality.
Speaker 2: Miss Congeniality two.
Speaker 3: There we go. I think, oh it does.
Speaker 2: I know what it is? I do geniality too.
Speaker 3: M mm hmmm. I think I know what it is. M m. You can have, but I think it's armed and fast, right, it.
Speaker 2: Totally is because that sounds right. Yeah, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: I'm going to pick the heat.
Speaker 2: It's a great I really liked that movie that. It was so funny, really really good.
Speaker 3: The proposal, of course, another one that we've done. Let's stay in the rom com realm. Let's do while you were sleeping just right.
Speaker 2: Now and down? Uh yeah like that?
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 2: Boy, I'm kling already. Why for Sandy b My brain is off apparently, No, she's spending so many things.
Speaker 3: There's one more we've done an episode on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't help me. Yeah, bird.
Speaker 3: Bird. Oh yeah, we did not do an episode on that. Scary but what is it called bird? There's another word and it also starts with the it's not black bird bird blind bird.
Speaker 2: No, she is blind though, right.
Speaker 3: Well, no, they make themselves.
Speaker 2: She's gotta have the.
Speaker 3: If they if they see, then they get in fact that its very silly bird bath bird. It's that's close, but it's not bath.
Speaker 2: It's not bath bird, bell birdie bird bird.
Speaker 3: It's bird box of you, bird box.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: The movie that we have done was a demolition Man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That's a good one. Yep. Three Seashells, Sea Shells so dumb. I like it, but I don't know if I have anymore. I don't know what my problem is right now.
Speaker 3: Well then I win, I win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't you say more?
Speaker 3: Well, I kind of stopped writing them down when you were pausing so much. But we have The Net, which I also watched a lot back in the day. I remember her ordering a pizza and.
Speaker 2: I was like, no way, what are we talking out?
Speaker 3: Uh? Great John Grisham film called The Time to Kill that I loved back in the day. Those very well, okay, her Keanu, she got back with Keanu for the Lakes.
Speaker 2: I was trying to think of that one by Yeah.
Speaker 3: She kind of was the star in Ocean's.
Speaker 2: Eight right, Oh yeah, good call for.
Speaker 3: A really terrible movie called All About Steve with her and oh yeah, Bradley Cooper. Yes, that's a good one for the what's it called movie grid Game? She directed one called Hope Floats that I didn't care for. I never saw that, and she played Harper Lee in the Doppelganger film of Capodi called Infamous.
Speaker 2: Wow, look at you.
Speaker 3: I mean I could keep going. There's murder by numbers there. I mean, there's just no practical magic.
Speaker 2: Oh I did see that. I was gonna say, like, I haven't seen any of these movies you're saying, so maybe I just.
Speaker 3: Real forces of nature. I remember I. I was definitely into Sandy b Man loved me some Sandy be.
Speaker 2: Not producer actress. Yeah, fifty four movies. Bullet Train should have got that, uh, the unfreak.
Speaker 3: Actually, dude, that's a deep pull because she's only in.
Speaker 2: For like, we missed a really big one that I should have got with gravity, which one, of course, yeah gravity, I'm dumb, extremely loudening, krabbly close yep. Well you got a lot of these stuff. Crash. I should have got two weeks. No, I should crash.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought of that one when we were doing rom coms, and then I didn't write it down.
Speaker 2: It's a egypt Man. There's so many all right, Well, yeah I didn't do great, but you know what it is what it is, But that is what it is.
Speaker 3: I get to start off our tapt in best director Oscar we.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and that'll just be for you know, those crazy patrons. So if you want to do that, you can go to uh patreon dot com slash the Avid Endorsement right now and yeah, stay tuned. We're gonna have a lot of good stuff coming up. Be sure we're but yeah, that's it today for our Oscar prediction.
Speaker 3: Bye Rob.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for listening. Until we talk to you next time. In Joey the Great Indoors.
Speaker 1: The sun is shining cloud in the sky. We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside. Some people, but we would rather sit on down and talk some movies. We're the Avid Indoorsment. Come listen to our show where the Avid Indoorsmen at home around the over the evidents Man. We hope you love it so so come on in and still I will do our best to make use my with the indoors Man.