Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to Hamradio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio sign up today. And thank you for the support. It is seven two in Texas and once again thank you for joining tonight. Let me check one thing here, make sure that I've got everything situated the way it's supposed to be. Yep, all good there, so we're going to transition right there. Hey, guys, good evening, Thanks for joining tonight, and I hope everyone had a really good Winter field Day weekend. We had we had an adventure. We had an adventure for Winter field Day weekend because uh, I don't know, I don't want to. I don't want to take up too much job talking about that. But we used we ended up using a new call sign. The gracious, the very very gracious folks out at Ham Radio Clubhouse allowed us to use their call sign of WIS Whiskey two Hotel, Romeo, Charlie, and there's a story behind that that I'll be happy to share with you on their clubhouse live stream this Tuesday, about forty eight hours from now, for their two hundredth episode live stream, So two hundred episodes in uh, it's this coming Tuesday. I guess that'd be the twenty eighth and I've I've already got an invite to it. They invited me to that episode two or three weeks ago, really looking forward to that. That's where I'll be Wednesday night, So you guys be sure to add that to your calendar and we'll be, uh, we'll be hanging out there for a little bit. So there we go. It's gonna be fun time. So I mentioned earlier this month, at the beginning of twenty twenty five, that I'm gonna be doing giveaways for every pretty much well for the first several months of the year, for several months of the year. This is the form here. If you go to Henrito two dot com forward slash January twenty five, I'm gonna put this link in the chat right now. There we go. This is where you sign up to win the first radio I'm giving away, which will be a week from week from today. So next Sunday's live stream will be a giveaway of this brand new jazu FT eight ninety one, so that we've got about last time. I haven't looked at this list, and I don't know, maybe three or four days something like that. Last I looked, we had just under a hundred people signed up, so that is a good number, but there's certainly room for more. So you guys, go sign that up or sign up if you're interested in winning that right there. That'll be the January giveaway. Get it'll be the January giveaway, but we're gonna do the live stream on February second. And then I've already got the radio for February, which is right here, brand new Icy seven oh five. Special shout out to ray at Icon for the generous support here. These are radios that I purchased, but I got this one directly through ICM. I got this eight ninety one through the gigaparts. Let's make a deal sale that we've done on this channel last month or earlier this month, and then and then I got this one through ICM. So sign ups for the seven oh five will start the night of February second, So I'll turn off the sign ups for this radio a few hours before the live stream. I got to download the list, sort it, take out all the duplicates because you only get one entry, and get all that ready. So and inevitably, every time we do a live stream for a giveaway, we start the live stream and I'm talking about this giveaway for the last month. We start the live stream, and people come into the chat, Hey, how do I get into this giveaway? How do I sign up? Where do I go? And I'm like, it's too late. It's too late because I have to download the list and I'm actively picking someone from that list who wins the radio, So you got to sign up before that. So a little bit different this time. So all the people that are in the chat saying where do I sign up? How do I sign up? I didn't see the list. Okay, well I'll have the sign up list ready to go for this one during that live stream, so it'll be that'll be a fun thing to do, I think, so looking forward to that should be a really fun live stream. Two days prior to that, we are going to do a Ham Radio Happy Hour this coming Friday, January thirty first for and I'm going to invite all the usual cast of characters on and we're going to talk about our plans for Orlando hamp Casion, what we're gonna do, where we're going to be hanging out and what what the what the plans are for that. So that is going to be coming up very soon. Well Friday, it's going to be coming up Friday. So I was looking at Frank. Frank's joining the zoom chat now, So I'm gonna get you guys to come in here real quick and we're just gonna hop into it tonight. So thanks for thanks for looking at that, and hope to see you guys on several different live streams. I will be on this week Tuesday for him Radio Clubhouse, Friday for the Happy Hour, next Sunday for the giveaway, and then uh and then the following weekend of course is Orlando ham Cash. What's up fellas, how's Michael, Frank? How are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: I am good today and thank you all for having me on the show today.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, how's it going? Michael? I can't wait to see you and about a week or so, and what do you mean there's there's a happy hour this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, I told you about that one week ago. Sure, docking your pay Frank.
Speaker 3: Oh you're docking my pay with my shirt on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Yeah. So you got the Tank Radio shirt on tonight, so totally totally yeah, yeah, Ham Radio Happy. In fact, I sent an email after we got home from Winterfield Day about five hours ago. I sent an email about it. So to the invite to the Zoom call. So so yeah, Clubhouse on Tuesday for their two hundredth episode. That'll be fun, and then a happy hour on Friday, so all fun. Live streams. A lot of live streaming going on this week. The week but leading up to Orlando him cation so cool man, thanks for being here, Frank.
Speaker 3: No problem, no problem. I can't wait to get to Orlando.
Speaker 1: Well apparently, apparently Michael was telling me before the live stream started that their weather out there is not much more than we are here, so I.
Speaker 3: Camera every time.
Speaker 2: I know. Yeah, yeah, it's been uh it's been a low thirties, mid thirties and high forties and fifties during the day for about a week now. But I just looked at the weather and it looks like we're warming up and coming into ham Cashon. We're looking at hopefully seventies and eighties.
Speaker 1: Good, that's normal. There's been a few mornings at Hamcshions in years past where I arrived in the morning and it was pretty chilly outside, but once the sun came up and everything it was I always ride. I used to ride with a couple of guys that had swapfest tables, so they always wanted to get there literally at the crack of dawn, and it was it was chilly sometimes there, but you know what's the sun came up, it was nice and warm outside. Took your jacket off and hopefully had shorts on underneath, but it was good.
Speaker 3: So a lot of making a floridage joke there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, large pendulum swing in the temperature up and down for that weekend. But hopefully seventies and azy sounds beautiful right now. We've been in the thirties for the last week or so. But all right, Michael, Well, tell us about Frank's gonna be watching the chat for questions like normal, okay, and tell them. Tell us what we've got in store for twenty twenty five. What's new, what's going on how many vendors, tables you guys have, and all the kind of good information that people want to hear.
Speaker 2: All right. Of course ham Case is coming up in about a week and a half, about two weeks now, February seventh, eighth, and ninth at the Central Florida Fairgrounds in Orlando, Florida. Some of the biggest things this year we actually have for vendors. We have fifteen new vendors this year. Never been to Hamdcase really wow. Yeah. So some of them's Unit tread Unit Trend Technologies, Arma Logue, Halibit Electronics, Rocket Machine Works, expert Amps USA. They actually got balled out by MTC, so it's kind of a new company with them coming. Signal stuff, the ones that sell the little antennas for handhelds are coming.
Speaker 1: Oh. We've been trying to get him to come to him cash for years. I'm glad he's finally making that jump. That'd be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been working on the last couple of years at Dayton, so we finally got to come. So yeah. V E two d X Electronics, one of the Carlson Carlson roof towers Spec five, Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, Spec Spec five will be there, and I've been talking to those guys. They're here in Texas. They're only about three hours south of Frank and I are. Yeah, so good group of guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, M and L Radio Technology. It's a smaller radio company starting out. Another one that's familiar. There is probably w FI y I licensing services coming for the first time off grid, w X free, dB radio, I D dot net, and KB three if h QSL cards. So yeah, we have fifteen brand new vendors never been to the show, which is good.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's really good. Okay, excellent. I think that there's uh Spec five mainly deals in meshtastic stuff, and I believe there's in there's somebody else doing mesh tastic there as well. I was thinking there were two vendors for mesh tastic.
Speaker 2: I'm not a hurt for so sure. I know the Okay, uh Spec five does, I'm not sure who else I know. I know there's gonna be some mess tastic notes put up around him. Casson right work a couple of people on it. Yeah, I think uh your group do YouTubers are supposed to have one up. Also, we're gonna put up for y'all so yeah, so there's gonna be several of them there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. Yeah. Rob W five I t R he's he was part of our winter field Day group and he was telling me he got with some of you guys to put a like a relay station up on that tower of the whatever end that I think I want to say that's the north end, but I'm probably wrong. Of the show there the opposite end from the campgrounds.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so that'll be fun. That'd be fun to have that up and see what kind of activity we get on that as well.
Speaker 2: True cool, but yeah, lots of good stuff ham Casion apparel. If you want a peril you can go on the website and order it from the attending to Hamction page. Hats, t shirts, all that type of stuff. There is the deadline to order it. If you want it, buy ham Cation and so they will deliver it to you at Gold Medal Ideas booth. So there is a deadline for that. Of course, people always wants the scooters. We have scooter rentals through Yellow Scooter again that's up there. We have lots of free parking on property, a whole bunch of it. So and then this year some of the affiliated events going on Oxcom Class. We're having that again. I know there's still a few spots available for that. The kit build with Joe Eisenberg K zero n EB this year, we're actually he's doing a kit built for three D printed Dipoleda antennas.
Speaker 1: That's pretty specific.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so it's for Poda and soda. So it's a pretty neat little thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then one day you're probably going to I'm pretty sure is the third annual hamcashon Poda meet up?
Speaker 1: Is that for through the Toads guys? I think so, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah that on Thursday. Yes, yeah, yeah, we will be Frank and I will be at that one for sure. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that's also there and r v's. RV's are welcome on site. We still have space available. We can hold over two hundred RVs on site with full hookups. So please if you wanted to stay on site, walk out your r V first thing in the morning, check out tailgate. Once the building's open, you can go inside, then go right back if you get tired, right back to your r V.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, that's h Yeah. I was telling Michael before this streams started. I rented an r V this year and four of us are staying in it. Just it's just I just got it through outdoors ey and it's uh somebody locally that has one. So they're delivering it for us and going to set it up on Wednesday and gonna be r V in it this year for the first time at HIM. I've never rvied at him cash before, so I'm looking forward to it. It's we usually end up hanging out in the parking lot with the RV guys anyway, so now I'll have actually have a place to stay myself, so oh good.
Speaker 2: And then outdoor v also we have the tailgate area. We have spaces for over three hundred tilgate spots. With the weather looking good, being beautiful, we should fill that up pretty good. So a lot of outdoor tailgate stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Good good, that's uh, that's always a good time out there for sure. Okay, what how many? I mean, do you guys do pre sale tickets and whatnot?
Speaker 2: We do? Okay, we are up from last year. I do know that a lot. So so far everything's looking good. If everything holds the way it's looking or we're predicting, we should have good numbers again this year like we did last year.
Speaker 1: Excellent, excellent, that's great, great to hear. So okay, good, I'm just looking. I'm just kind of poking around on the website here while you're talking, so.
Speaker 2: Right right here. And if you want forums, we have lots of forms. Over Friday and Saturday, we have thirty seven different forms.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So some of them is like Disaster Communications in Oxcom Florida by Roger Lord and David Brian Brian, Teens seeking out fun and amateur radio that to be moderated by Carol Perry. Of course, a kick build Technologies for Success by Joe Eisenberg, and be teaching how to do kids arl is doing an income update by Josh Johnston. And then also on Sunday last year we did this for the first time, we will be holding an NWS SKY one class actually Sunday, and yes, so if you want to sign up for that, there's info on the forums page for that also for Sunday or actually, yeah, I think it's on Actually it might be under affiliated events.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, it doesn't look like it's on the forums pay or at least not down below the Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think we put it on affiliated events, so you can sign up for that, and I do know they will have a booth at Hamdcation and you can actually sign up there if you decide to take it. Also, but also on Sunday we'll have free emission, So Sunday is free. You don't need a ticket. If you've never been to Hamdcasion you want to come check it out, Sunday's the day to do it. You won't have to pay to get in, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great for local people who live close enough to make that worthwhile. That's a really cool thing I'll do. Yeah, excellent, Okay, sweet do you say fifteen or thirty new vendors fifteen fifteen fifteen fifteen new vendors. That is outstanding. That is great to hear that the that the vendor is the vendor numbers are growing like that. I really think that's a great thing.
Speaker 2: So it is, and it actually shows that it pays off going to other hamfests. We go to a lot of them advertised Cation. We talk to all of these vendors constantly at these other shows, and I think the more they see us out there advertising hand case, they're starting to see, hey, we want to go to the show. They're trying to grow with stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So totally yeah, that makes sense, makes sense. Okay, okay, Frank, did you have you come up with anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a couple of questions here.
Speaker 1: I ahead.
Speaker 3: Lately a couple of guys are talking about skywarn and the the the usefulness of that program, and that's pretty cool. There was a question about camping spots from Expert Hand Radio. Can we get an RV camp spot spot on the spot without an advanced registration?
Speaker 2: Yes, you can if you come to the show. RV camp or RV spots open on Wednesday, officially at twelve or two o'clock su as we're able to open the gates on Wednesday, we start letting into RV's so it is first come, first serve, So we can't guarantee depending on what day you come in. We can't guarantee how close you'll be to the actual buildings. But we can host almost two hundred and fifty RVs on site, and I know right now we're pre registered with just over two hundred, So yes, there's still available sites for people that come in if you want to pre register forum. Actually, our registration goes down on February first at twelve oh one am. After that, everything will be at the gates for everything. Rdtailgate swaps everything like.
Speaker 3: That good okay, and that ticket page I had to link? Where did I stash it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I saw you. You linked at a minute ago. I highlighted it for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh well it's I have it somewhere. Justin's asking is there lightsing testing at Hamdcson this year?
Speaker 2: There is. We have testing on Friday and Saturday. It is free to take. We have partnered with Hamstudy dot org and to do that. Everything is electronic, so you will go in. If you pre register, you will have a code it gives you. You go in, they check your driver's license, hand you a tablet. You punch in that code. It will pull up the test you pre register for. You take the test. As soon as you hit submit. You will find out right then if you passed or failed. Uh So there's no waiting for a VE to actually grade it. Uh so, yes, Friday and Saturday, you can pre register. We would like it if people pre register, so if you do want to do it, please pre register it. This makes it easier daring. When you go over there, you don't have to if you don't want to, but we just recommend you do do it. This makes it makes it quicker when you go there.
Speaker 3: So that's all online kind of testing.
Speaker 2: It's all done through the system online, correct.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the program they use that him said he came up with was called exam Tools. Yeah, it's it's it's a locally installed program on a computer. Now you can do this is what they use to do online. But a lot of clubs use it. They just you come in and instead of taking a paper, paper and pencil test, you'll sit down in computer and do ham Tools. So it's both. It's it's a digital test, whether it's online or locally installed, so you.
Speaker 3: Don't have to have of all the computer, of the camera, the computers, the cameras because they're not during it locally. They just provorting the form of the test.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just an electronic test rather than a paper pencil test. That's all it is. That's cool, which makes it much faster, like Michael said, it does.
Speaker 2: And it makes it actually faster taking the test too, because once you get done, it will actually tell you also if you did not answer a question, so it will actually warn you before you hit submit also, which makes it nice.
Speaker 1: That's good. Okay. Yeah, if you skip one by mistake or think I'll come back to that and then forget about it, which which is my thing all the time. So yeah, okay, sweet, that's great, great to hear.
Speaker 3: Okay, is there any overnight parking allowed or if you want to overnight you're recommended to go into the RB spots.
Speaker 2: Correct, I would recommend staying outside of the fenced area, So yes, if you're going to actually stay on property want a camp overnight, we do recommend coming in aside and doing the RV nights.
Speaker 1: Okay. And they have I mean they allow tent camping too, if I'm not mistaken. No, no, you don't. You don't allow tint camping.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually a city ordinance. Uh, there's no camping allowed. Now here's the caveat of that. If you put a tit in a tailgate of a vehicle, it's perfectly fine. The tit cannot touch the ground.
Speaker 1: So a rooftop ten on a jeep or a truck or something would be okay.
Speaker 2: Correct, And we have actually several people coming this year with.
Speaker 1: Those nice Okay, Okay, I was thinking I had seen that before, but yeah, maybe I hadn't seen that a motorcycle.
Speaker 2: There's a guy with a motorcycle really like a little tit that comes off the side of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, oh that's great.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we may have to find that guy and do an interview with him. That sounds like a fun, fun interview right there.
Speaker 3: So you got a couple of checks there, Jason.
Speaker 1: I did see that. Yeah, so earlier I got ten dollars super chat from Jason, Thank you very much for that. And then Jack gave another ten dollars super chat. Thank you very much for that, Jack, I appreciate you being here tonight. And then uh oh yeah, Jody's saying, good to see Rob Sherwood still giving talks.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's doing one.
Speaker 1: Also, Yes, that's good. I haven't I've never seen him live, I don't think, so maybe I'll try to. There's always so much going on with these hamfest it's rare that I get a chance to attend a forum. But we'll see, we'll see what happens with that. So, okay, I saw something a minute ago I was going to ask about, but I lost it. Frank so what is it? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Gray Man's asking, is the barbecue joint across the street still open? The barbecue the barbecue joint still across the street in the parking lot?
Speaker 2: I G yeah, I don't know. So State Road fifty there is under construction, so I do know. That's one thing we'll have to watch out for for people coming in this year, is all the construction around there. But we do have last year we did it. Also, we have Handcasion Information Radio on AM six ' ten uh, so we will be broadcasting across that for anybody coming in. It is good for about five to seven miles from the fairgrounds, so but we can lie broadcast across that if we need to. But it will be recordings on there of pretty much almost everything I went over here, where stuff is, stuff like that, it'll be broadcast across there also. Plus we also have amateur radio talk in so if you do have questions, you can actually also go to.
Speaker 1: That and ask local repeater.
Speaker 2: Local repeater. Yes, it's actually on the website. It's one four. It is a mixed mode of fusion repeater. Okay. We also be on d Star as a secondary talking for thirty seven. Charlie so people can actually ask questions on there too. We'll have a radio in talking also for.
Speaker 1: That thirty seven Charlie.
Speaker 3: Okay, good to know we kind of hitting on it. But we're talking about food and I'm getting hungry. Now, what are the food vendors are you going to have? Are they going to be returning or you got something?
Speaker 2: I do know every year they try some new stuff every year, so some stuff I don't even know about yet, but I do know some new food vendors will be there. Also. I do know the pizza guy usually comes every year. That's a hit, the fire brick fired pizza. So I do know they have a little bit for everybody. You vegetarium, vegan, a little bit for everybody, so anybody can find stuff there to eat.
Speaker 1: I've always been pretty pretty impressed with the food selection at this one. At ham Kashan and him vention, I think have the most best food selection choices in my opinion.
Speaker 3: So I like this question. Was there any youth activities?
Speaker 2: Yeah, youth activities. I do know Neil Rapp will be there. He will be doing some youth stuff. Ken Lyons with the Boy Scouts will be there also. I do know they are doing a Boy Scout Communication merit badge during ham Cashion, So they usually take about twenty kids around. They go to certain vendors that actually teach them about stuff that they need to learn for the the merit badge. So I do know that's going on also. And then Carol Perry's Youth forum is there, and I do know aar L is doing a collegiate forum also for college kids, so that is going on also.
Speaker 3: So where was that the first one you said, the kind of the youth project, the.
Speaker 2: One would Neil rap? Yes, yes, I believe he will have a booth there. John can actually post it probably in the chat. He's actually watching the chat. Okay, yeah, yeah, he's been posting in there.
Speaker 3: John says, pick up your lanyard in the North Hall from the boy Scouts for five a five dollars donation. Excuse me, and yeah, let me know where that that youth project is. And I will definitely be there with a camera and highlighting. I love getting involved with the youth projects and highlighting them on my videos.
Speaker 2: And then another thing that we'll be doing also this year is W one a w Strip four will be our special events station. Our special event station was actually sponsored by Icon again this year, so we will have a seventy six to ten there, ninety seven hundred and actually a nine oh five full working station with all the bands that it does all the way to ten gig, So if you want to play with that, that will be there. So and Icon is actually one of our platinum sponsors, and our Sunday Grand Prize is actually a nine oh five with everything to go with it, all the intimate wow gig everything. It's a seven thousand dollars grand price package.
Speaker 1: Can call that's quite the package. You're gonna have to win that one, Frank John says.
Speaker 3: The youth boots are one twenty nine and one thirty. Scouting booths are one twenty six and one twenty eight, so.
Speaker 1: They're right next to each other.
Speaker 2: In other words, Yeah, they has one youth area there in the gain Hall. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good, good to know, awesome, cool, okay, good, all right? Anything else, Frank, it's pretty slick. That's pretty slick that you'll have a working nine oh five there with all the bands. That's cool.
Speaker 3: That spurret a question for me. Last year. You had to sign up for that, and if you do want to work that is there the sign up sheets still there or is it walk on up.
Speaker 2: For the special events station. Yes, I don't quote me on this, I know they are doing a sign up also that you can sign up for a certain time if you won't. I believe also this year, since we're gonna have multiple radios, you might be able to walk up and work some of them at any time if they're not being used. I do know this year we are actually the ninety seven hundred is actually going to be more D Star related this year, and they're actually going to have a screen setup to watch the dashboard and stuff like that also with it.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, that's cool, Okay, good.
Speaker 3: Talking about prizes, do you will you have the screens up everywhere announcing the prize numbers or we have to go to the prize booth multiple ways.
Speaker 2: This year we'll have the screens up. There'll be one in the Swaps building, there'll be two in the Northeast hall, and then there will actually be one at the prize in the info booth. If you can't make it there, there's a couple other options. One, it will be posted live to our website under Prizes, or you can download the E R r L Events app, and you can watch it live there also. And what's nice with the events app if you download it, you can get all the information I'm talking about here live on your phone. It has the map of the fairgrounds that has what all the vendors are. You can click on a vendor, it will show you on the map where they are. All your forms are on there, everything on there. You can even talk with other attendees through it. You can schedule meetups with people. There's a lot of stuff on the ARL Events after you.
Speaker 1: Can do you guys use that in the path. I'm installing it right now. You guys have used that in the past, haven't you correct?
Speaker 2: Originally it was us and ham Benson. We went jointly with ARL to create the app, and I do know I believe next year Huntsville is actually coming in with us on it, so all three of us will be using it for the future.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just installed. It's just just well, okay, I don't know about iOS, but on Android, just search a double L event. That's what I searched. It was the first one to come up was a gray icon. As soon as you open the app, I didn't log in or anything. That's the first thing. It says February seven to nine, twenty twenty five, Orlando, Florida, twenty twenty five, Orlando, HIMNCAS. So it's right there, easy, easy, so cool.
Speaker 2: Good, I've got that, Abbie real quick news. Also, we can send it straight to their any updates. We can send live messages to all the users on that app.
Speaker 1: Also, good, good, nice, good, yeah nice.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that app is improving it more and more, and I think this year is probably really gonna shine.
Speaker 2: And every year we notice we try to make improvements to it. Arl tries to do improvements, and every year it's getting more and more popular people using it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah good. Okay, I got to remember my log in now, but okay, I'll come back to that later.
Speaker 3: And just to point out that app is both Android and iOS.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's both. Yeah, yeah, And there's actually also I believe a website version of it if you click the link. Also, I think you can actually view it on a website.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, Okay, all right, cool.
Speaker 3: Knox did say one other thing and I lost it here.
Speaker 1: Available on Apple and Android. Yeah, I assumed it was. Richard says the same thing. I just didn't know, if it was as easy to just log in and you're there.
Speaker 3: So this live now with their information?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's live now for sure. But yeah, a good deal. Okay.
Speaker 2: And the other thing that's actually live on the website I just uploaded right before we started this, uh live stream here. Actually our twenty five program is up and live on the website also right now, so it will have all the forums in it. Everything's up to date in there, well up to day as of when it was being printed, which was about we yeah, uh so, but it is live up. But there also the map of the fairgrounds so yeah so pdf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there it is right there. Okay, I did. I saw the link to that a minute ago and I meant to ask you about it and I got that and then we got sidetracked about something. But yeah, good. So will there be printed copies of this there?
Speaker 2: Know, they will will have printed copies also there so people can walk around with them. We'll have them all over the place. The main place you can get them, of course, will be the Price of Info booth where the main sources, but a lot of the volunteers will have them, will have them at the doors when people come in handing them out stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So excellent, excellent, okay, good, yeah, this is always good info. Yep, so good map. Good map in there too.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: One thing I didn't mention actually was our swaps, our indoor flea market area.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was. I was about to ask about that, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I just saw the map there and reminded me of But yeah, indoor swaps area. We have over three hundred tables and one building with nothing but indoor flea market stuff. So lots of used gear, lots of different stuff.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's always that's always a fun place to walk through and see. Yeah, see what's in there? Now. These these rooftop antenna tower guys, I think they were at Dayton last year.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, I think they were too.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I saw them and I took their card, and I'm like, that would work perfectly for what I need, and then I never I never followed up with them. My wife and I keep talking about moving, so I hesitate to put something in the house, but it may just have to happen one of these days for the back of it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'll talk to him.
Speaker 1: I will. I will absolutely do that. So okay, good. This is great.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you have any other questions in the chat? Yeah, I'm still washing. Let me know and I'll read them on the air. And the questions about the Ham thest uh Sam. I think the guys in the chat tried to help you out with your antenna, but that's not the top. Yeah, it's all about First off, congratulates the Sam. He's he is a new ham and ten advice and Discord is also a great place for that.
Speaker 1: I saw Bill pointing someone to the Discord, so maybe maybe that's who he was talking to. So and then gray Man Poda asked about Carlos doing a skydive jump, and last I spoke to Carlos, he was he's not going to be able to attend this year, so that's kind of out of the I don't know, are you guys familiar Michael, you guys familiar with his crazy? I'll just call it craziness. That's that's what I think it is. But uh, he does. Yeah, so he'll do a there's a local skydive place, well there's skydiade places apparently all over the nation. But he'll do a local skydive jump and he'll get on a frequency and uh, last year we did it. He was he well, he did several jumps, but one of the jumps he dedicated to the youth. So Steve good game K five a t A got out there with all of his students and he's like, Okay, we're gonna we're gonna wait for Carlos to say go and then he's gonna start calling CQ and all the all the students were able to work him on aeronautical mobile and he was ten fifteen thousand feet in the year however, how it was, and he worked him on simplex on somewhere on two meters simplex. So it was it was a really it's a fun thing to do if you've never done it. So but I when I spoke to Carlos about I tried to get him to I tried to give him one of our spot, one of the spots in our camper, and he said he wasn't gonna be able to make it this year unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Mmh, but.
Speaker 1: Good, good, good, okay.
Speaker 3: A double OYL. So gonna have a large tendance again.
Speaker 2: Correct, they will be here. I do know there's probably a good there's a lot of them coming. I know they're doing several different forms. The membership forum also is one of them they're doing, so I do know the CEO will be here. So yeah, so there there's gonna be a good, good turnout there. I do know. The other thing that I'll talk about real quick is we've been going to We have actually an international relations team that's been going to Freedom Shoten these shows, different shows over there across the Pond, and every year it pays off more and more. This year we counted already the pre registered that we know are coming. We have thirty two different countries coming to Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, so I do know like from Brazil, there's lots of people coming from Brazil this year. Yeah, so I actually I think somebody in the chat even said something earlier about Brazil coming. But there's probably a good I would say twenty to thirty people probably coming from Brazil.
Speaker 1: Nice, that's pretty good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are y'all doing anything to help highlight the different nations or are they actually coming and you have like an international like group booth area that they could well.
Speaker 2: Have a international relations Uh. It is actually right across from ARL right in that same area next to dark booth. But yeah, you can go there. Our international relations team will be there to talk to people. There's actually a sign, a book to sign that you put your country, so it basically says you've been to Hampcation and we keep those books every year of everybody that comes.
Speaker 3: Can we get a working note so we can.
Speaker 1: Frank, No, no, Frank. What we need to do is we need to go down there and put our country is Texas.
Speaker 3: I was already gonna say that, but I decided.
Speaker 1: Not because no, no, come on, and people expect us to say that. Come on, that's be good. That needs to happen the nation of Texas.
Speaker 3: Now is it? Is it Hampcation or Dayton that has the board with the walk up board that you can pin where you came from and they have this the all the pins of all over the world.
Speaker 2: That's Dayton has that? Actually?
Speaker 3: Okay, because I have been known to leave a tank radio sticker on Dallas.
Speaker 1: That doesn't surprise me. That does not surprise me.
Speaker 3: So I don't stick it to what. I put a pin in it.
Speaker 1: Just put a pin in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and let a fan pick it up.
Speaker 2: Wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Excellent?
Speaker 3: I did see a question about if you bring up the vendors. Jason is shot. The book's going to be there, yes.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, And I do know their debut in a new nine oh or seven five gobots?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw it on their Facebook page. They're actually been building it and they puts a debut at a Hamsion.
Speaker 1: Oh there it is right there.
Speaker 2: Sounds like totally redone. It's actually very nice. So they made it more portable, so it's really nice.
Speaker 1: He's got he's got his He does a very good job on the builds. He does.
Speaker 2: He does, he does very very professional.
Speaker 1: Uh huh yeah, very absolutely. Oh VHQ Dave's going to be back VHQ hex Antenna, Yes, yes, excellent, excellent, excellent hex be Mintenna. So Dave's a good dude, so all right, good.
Speaker 2: So he'll be here.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: The other thing I forgot to mention under affiliate events was the Florida Contest Dinner. If you're a contestor, please check that out. So it's under affiliated events. You can click the link there to go to order tickets and stuff like that. For that, I believe that as Friday night.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, good awesome, it's great and I can't wait. Yeah, it's gonna be I mean, especially if we get normal I say normal Florida weather, you know, high of you know, average of seventy five with a fifty chance of rain is normal Florida weather to me. But it's better than being in the thirties, which is what we've done here in Tech for the last couple of weeks. So I'm hoping for a nice, not hot, but warm. Sixty seventies would be fine. Sixty seventies would be fine. I think that'd be that'd be awesome. So so I hope that's that's gonna happen there. But you said that's what it's looking right right now of Courds. It's a week and a half out, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so far. Because I saw the long term forecast for actually the whole month of February, they're saying seventies and eighties. So it looks like our cooler weather, our cold weather, should be done. They're saying.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: I'm looking to warm up because it's been freezing over the snow. And we were outside smoking cigars this weekend with gloves on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we were.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before the show started, I was talking to Jason and I was joking about North Florida was like ten to thirteen inches of snow and somehow there is in North Florida, which for us in Florida, we don't get snow very often.
Speaker 2: And it literally shut down IM from the start of Florida all the way through because it was nothing to do. They couldn't plow it or nothing.
Speaker 1: I heard I think it was they were talking about Florida, how it snowed in an area that it hadn't snowed in for like fifteen or twenty years, and all the schools were just like, everybody, stay home, just just just just go home. We don't have we can't. We don't have snowplows or ice machines for the roads to take care of this nothing. Oh gosh, that's that's good.
Speaker 3: I love it. We just shut down this thread of snow.
Speaker 1: I saw a really good meme I was. I was sitting on the couch searching memes between my downtimes between the radio, as you know, Frank this last weekend, and it said it said something I'm paraphrase. It said, if it snows, stay home. Once you guys learn how to drive in the sun, then we'll talk further like that is what we need in Texas right there.
Speaker 3: Pretty much. I'm not saying anything other than other than coming in. Oh, snow shoes needed this year. Oh can you have a cigar room? That would be awesome.
Speaker 1: If it's like most places they probably most places don't allow smoking inside anymore, but they've got that awesome, awesome camp site r V spot. You don't need a cigar room. That's where we'll be. Yeah, you know, I'd much rather be outside if at all possible, especially if the weather's nice.
Speaker 3: So we'll put a radio or two in it. You know, we'll make this thing nice.
Speaker 1: We'll make it, we'll make it happen. So yep, good, awesome, Well, anything else from the chat you guys let us know if there's any other questions. Good to hear Michael that you guys have are ahead of where you were this time last year. That's always good to see Hamfest growing this day and age. So and you guys do a fantastic job out there with with the whole ham casion set up, really good location, well attended vendors and attendees from all over the world, which which is always a good thing. So I'm I look forward to it every year and I'm definitely looking forward to it again this year.
Speaker 2: Just like a couple last things on my end as one. Without volunteers, the show would not happen. So please thank the volunteers when you see them at the shows. Just on our show, any handfest you go to, they are all done by volunteers. For us, it's four to five hundred volunteers to put on the show, so please thank them. And the last thing is for our event. Without our sponsors, it wouldn't happen also, so our platinum sponsors this year was Gigaparts. They've been a platinum sponsor for several years now, donate lots of prizes and stuff to us Icon America. Silver sponsor this year is d E two d X Electronics. New one this year is Revenous R E T E v I s H. They actually are not even coming to handcashon UH, but they contacted us to be a plant or a sponsor, so we're actually given out fifty of their brand new amateur radio handhelds good so yeah, so those would be prices. And the other one is a gold sponsor was DX Engineering. So please see these companies at Handcashion. Thank them for donating lots of the prizes.
Speaker 1: So yeah, excellent, good. I thought Reddivus was going to be there, did they? Were they trying to and just couldn't make it or something.
Speaker 2: I do know that they have their local distributor, the one that sells their radios, will be there. Actually, I believe it's M and L Electronics. Okay, okay, so they and apparently they supposed to be a rep from Rivenous supposed to be visiting. I've heard it both, so I do know that. But yeah, okay, it might have been they were trying to have their own booth but couldn't make it over. But I do know that somebody supposed to be here.
Speaker 1: Good, okay, good, excellent, Okay. Yeah, they had sent me they want me to come by and do an interview with them because they they they've they've been sending me radios for years. Great people, and so they said, hey, we're going to be there. I think I think you're right. They did say, hey, one of our vendors is going to be there. Would you mind walking by and talking to them? And I'm like sure, yeah, that's fine. So yeah, it's probably something I'll get on camera myself. So excellent. Well, once again, this is going to be a great show. I'm really looking forward to it. We've had this booked for a long time. Can't can't really say much more than that, it's hopefully even if the weather doesn't hold, it's still gonna be really fun show. Everything's well, I shouldn't say everything's indoors, there's a lot of stuff indoors. There's swaps indoors, and of course all the vendors are indoors, and there's a great outdoor tailgate section if the weather holds. But Florida's like Texas, if you don't like the weather, just wait a half hour.
Speaker 2: So it's one of the only places that can be forty to reason the morning. Yeah, in the afternoon, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. So well, thanks a lot for your time tonight, Mike, I really appreciate it. Thank you John for being in the chat as well. Some good information shared in the chat as well. Check out the links to himcasion dot com and everything we talked about during the stream. And we'll definitely catch up with you when we get to Florida, Mike, and just say hid and shake hands and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely looking forward to seeing you and Tank and everybody else. So thank you for having me on the show. And it's it's here.
Speaker 1: Basically, yeah, yeah, we're yeah, we're almost there. So I didn't I kind of wanted to get you on before this, but I had some stuff earlier this month and winter field Day weekends always kind of dicey, but I'm like, no, we're just gonna make this happening because we got to get these guys onto the chat and talk about him cash before it happens. So thank you for taking the time out appreciate to appreciate the time there.
Speaker 2: All right, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys hang out in the zoom for just one second. I'll be right back. So hey guys, once again, thank you very much for being here. I didn't do a shout out to the all the folks in green text in the chat when I first got here, so I apologize for that. YouTube channel members. Always good to see you guys in the chat. Digital Dreamer Jody Ron Grayman, Poda Ka two au B. I know I'm missing a lot of you because I didn't shout you out at the beginning there, but thank you for being here. Guys, thanks for the support and definitely, definitely if you're going to be at handcashon, I'll be the guy walking around with the camera, although I won't be the only one so but you'll you'll be uh, I'll probably be the shortest one in the group, so you guys come up to me and say hi, so they can't hear you, Frank, but Frank said he's He's like, you'll know who'll be the loudest one, and that is true also, So all right, seventy three guys, thank you very much, and you guys, you guys, have a good rest of the evening and we will see you on one of the three upcoming live streams this week. Seventy three