Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine in the games Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI jrr.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page brought to you this morning by Orlando Harley Davidson. You'll find Taco Bob there at the Orlando Harley Davidson location on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a Chrome Coming twenty twenty twenty five. They're gonna have all the brand new twenty twenty five Harley's out there, so hence Chrome coming. It's the homecoming all of them. And we're gonna have a bikini contest, full bar food trucks. It's gonna be a big party. I'm there start at one. I found some bw O koozies excellent, just a few left. So all right, hey, you know.
Speaker 3: Where your thoon? Are you wearing your thong out out there?
Speaker 2: If you come out, I might. And now he's m seeing the contest, not participating. Taco speaking might be in a little cocky this morning because his yard signs are gonna get to stay in support of the Orlando Magic after the big win.
Speaker 3: That's right, the best baketball gods have spoken. Taco does get to keep his yard signs up. The Magic's four game losing streak came to an end in a big way last night. They dominated the Sacramento Kings one thirty till the Frons Franz Wagner and Palo ban Caero were back to their old selves. Actually, Franz never went anywhere. The Magic shot fifty seven percent from the field and are you ready for this, the worst the worst three point shooting team in the league, fifty one point six percent from three point range. For the Magic, they committed only eleven turnovers, eight of those came when the game was already decided late in the game. And again the Franz thirty one points in just three quarters. He was amazing, scoring in every way possible, drives, post ups, spot up, step backs, five of six from three point range. Palo had twenty two three points and nine assists. So hopefully this is a harbinger of things to come for the Magic. Maybe Pallo's finally getting back in the swing of things, and hopefully again this will be the start of something big.
Speaker 2: Gonna get a little tougher with a quick turnaround tonight at Denver.
Speaker 3: That's right at Denver, of course. Nicola Joak it's the best player in the league. We'll be waiting for the Magic tonight. Also, that game comes right after the trade deadline, which is today three o'clock. We've already seen, obviously a flurry of action in the NBA, the Maverick shocking decision to trade Luka Doncics to the Lakers for Anthony Davis. The Heat finally unloaded Jimmy Butler last night. They traded him the Golden State for Anthony Wiggins and some other assets. So we'll see what the Magic do today. The feeling, of course, is they need a shooter, because, as I mentioned ad nauseum, they are the worst three point shooting team the league. But my feelings are, and I've said this on our show, I've written it, I say, don't panic if you're the Magic. I think the Magic will organically get better in the final thirty games of the season. And once they get Jalen Suggs back, which hopefully and should be fairly quickly, you know that's gonna make them better. Pallo's been struggling since his return. You know that's not going to continue. So they'll get better when he gets back to his old self, which maybe we saw last night. So those two factors in itself will make the magic better. And why mess with the chemistry and camaraderie of this team. I say, wait and see what happens.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Doug. I told Pat early on in the show, I said, look my magic signs out in front. They were stuck in my garage three to five years. Couldn't find them. Clean the garage, knock the dust off them, put them in the yard. I think that's what the magic's doing. They're knocking the dust off, just like my signs did. So it's a representation.
Speaker 2: Yesterday telling some crap about the dirt in your yard was getting used to the signs or vice versa.
Speaker 3: Just like Pala Pala needs to get accustomed to his surroundings, the signs need to get a customed they're.
Speaker 1: They're knocking the dust off. I'm telling you the magic are And you just wait once Suggs gets back, and then you think of years to come, I know, baby steps of it. Then you get mow back. Oh god, it's gonna be allogger all the time.
Speaker 3: Well, one win, but we'll see what happensline.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe with the trade head on we go and play Denver and grab that badass player they have and put them on our plane.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, just kidnap him. Huh.
Speaker 1: We'll get him in the trade. We'll give him half a team, all right, dog? What else? Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, yesterday was National Signing Day. It sort of flew under the radar because quite frankly, it's not nearly as meaningful as it once was because most of them major college football recruits signed during the early signing period in December. However, the last of the recruits did sign yesterday. The final rankings for this year's class are in according to twenty four to seven sports dot com. In the state of Florida, the Gators had the highest ranked class at number eight, Miami number thirteen, FSU number nineteen dot dot dot. UCF way down at number seventy seven. Ucfs even below USF, which is number sixty four. The Nights are last in the Big twelve in recruiting and this isn't a surprise. Gus Malzon leaving right before early signing period in December that decimated UCF's high school recruiting class, and Scott Frost is now having to try to rebuild through the portal. So this this isn't gonna be a quick rebuild, Unlike the last time Scott Frost was the head coach. I mean, he worked miracles when he came here before. It's a different landscape. He's gonna have to be a program builder this time.
Speaker 2: Speaking of signing, there's an executive order of such signs yesterday, Bulldog good day for women's sports.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I don't know what took this so long. I don't know why the sports into these themselves, like the NCUBA, the high school associations. Every I bet yes, transgender athletes, as President Trump signed the band yesterday, will not be allowed to compete in women's or girls sports competitive sports moving forward, which I think everybody agrees with that, or most everybody, Republicans, Democrats, blacks, whites, Gators, seminoles. I think everybody agrees with this, and I don't know why it had to become a big political issue.
Speaker 1: And I think if you don't agree with it, just pull up on YouTube that boxing match where that trained boxer got her ass handed turbid dude, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: He talked about that yesterday before he signed it in a room full of young athletes who were very happy to see this happen, and I will make a prediction here though, they will find a sympathetic judge somewhere who will temporarily block this order.
Speaker 3: Well again, I've most of the major sporting entities from the US Olympic Committee. They've already imposed this band.
Speaker 2: So all right, we'll see all right in lightning home again tonight against Ottawa. Mike the Bulldog Bianchi, host of Open Mic on AM seven ninety six nine The Game on weekday mornings at Jason Tuss and he takes a few minutes every morning out of his show to give us the sports page here on JRR, and of course ends it with his trademark bulldog park.
Speaker 1: Oh ooh. Check out the Lynchen Taco Off the Air podcast, New episodes posted every Thursday on the iHeartRadio app yeahloaded for free at doublej RR dot comm