Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk.
Speaker 2: Get them the shives makes the cat backhand sigh.
Speaker 1: Dustin off that gold glove said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 5: Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it.
Speaker 6: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 6: Come get it.
Speaker 7: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 7: Do it best?
Speaker 2: Overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 5: Fans can line up to kiss our sp ring.
Speaker 7: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 8: Welcome to Dodgers on tack Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 9: Tim kays Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Mo Wrongo Casino, Dodgers and Deck live from Dodgers Stadium. You're a world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers thirty and nineteen on the season. The Dodgers snapping that longest four game losing streak of the season last night tonight, a chance to take the series from the Snakes and end this homestand on.
Speaker 1: A winning note.
Speaker 9: Dustin May on the mound in the series finale, first pitch coming up at seven, and between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Arongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You are going to hear from David Vase. He'll go one on one with Will Smith. It is Will Smith bobblehead night here at Dodgers STANDIU will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: We'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: We got your Dodgers magical moment coming up in thirty minutes. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we'll send it over to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday in the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth. Well, last night, Yoshinobu Yamamoto put on a pitching clinic seven shutout innings. He struck out nine along the way. He had a no no going for six innings.
Speaker 7: Could tell.
Speaker 9: Marte ended that though, with a single to right to lead off the seventh inning. The Dodgers had a one nothing lead off the Will Smith RBI double.
Speaker 1: In the fourth inning.
Speaker 9: They led one to nothing going all the way until the ninth inning. In the eighth, they got a big strikeout from Ben Casparius to keep the Diamondbacks off the board, Dodgers three outs away from a victory. Gabriel Moreno, though a solo home run off of Tanner Scott in the top of the ninth tie the game at won Yoshinobu Yamamoto a no decision. Despite the seven shutout innings, the Dodgers and Snakes would go to extra innings and the top of the tenth Corby and Carroll a two run home run off of Tanner Scott and the Snakes led three to one.
Speaker 1: Dodgers in the bottom half.
Speaker 9: Of the tenth inning, chasing the Snakes, Tommy Edmond let.
Speaker 10: It off, leads at second base while Miller goes into a stretch. The O two pitch to Tommy Edmund coming the swings and pokes at the left field down the line. That is going to be a base hit. K they touch his third He's gonna score up all this by the wall and umber second is Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers get a run. It's three to two.
Speaker 9: Tommy Edmund RBI double. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to by ARCO quality top tier gats for less. Dodgers down three to two, Will Smith would get hit by a pitch with the bases loaded later in the inning that tied the game at three basses loaded, one out. Up came Max Mounsey to wonder Monthie Swins.
Speaker 5: Hits a high drive to center field. They're gonna do it.
Speaker 10: Tawa going back, He's gonna make the catch. Oh, Tony tags he won't Scar and the Dodgers walk it.
Speaker 5: Off for the fourth time this year.
Speaker 10: Max Monsey sacrifice wy wins it for the Dodgers, four to three.
Speaker 7: Final score.
Speaker 9: Max Monsey with the sackfly scoring show Hey Otani his sixth career walk off RBI.
Speaker 1: His first is twenty twenty three.
Speaker 9: As the Dodgers come back with three and the bottom of the tenth to walk off the Diamondbacks four to three. Anthony Bonda gets the winning relief. What a comeback for the Dodgers. What a performance from Yoshi Yamamoto last night the seven shutout innings but a no decision. Dodgers improved to thirty and nineteen on this season, and tonight the rubber game of this three game series, also the final game of this nine game homestand as Dustin May takes the mound first pitch coming up at seven to ten, and with more we head over to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Third and final game, the rubber game of this three game series between the Diamondbacks and the Dodgers. Dodgers come in thirty wins, one of two teams in the National League with thirty Philly the other one a game in front of San Francisco is the Giants have moved ahead of the Padres and the West standings by half a game. Meantime, the Diamondbacks sit in fourth place in the Division twenty six and twenty three after last night's extra innings Dodger win. Let's talk a little bit more about that well, because certainly the Dodgers came back for the seventeenth time and doing it in style. They had a little bit of help too from Shelby Miller, who hit Will Smith with a pitch with the bases loaded to tie the game, and that set up the walk off sacrifice fly for Max Monsey. But the real story last night, Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in particular because the starting rotation, Dave Roberts is saying earlier today is look, he's going to be in a spot now as a manager to really beckon his starting pitchers to stretch things out. That's exactly what they needed last night. So for Yamamoto to go not only the seven innings, he gave up just one base hit, and that base.
Speaker 6: Hit was not hit particularly hard.
Speaker 2: That was in the seventh inning itself, but no runs given the boat. Ben says, thank you very much. Bullpen had to be used four different guys because the game did go ten innings. But I really thought in that tenth some really key advanced by the Dodgers, including with kik Her name is the placed runner in the bottom of the tenth inning, and the Dodgers were down at the time because Arizona scored two runs in their half of the tenth inning. But for Tommy Edmond, when his second and bat in the ball game came on as a pinch hitter in the eighth inning, So then in the tenth he's behind in the count and two and got a change up away. It may have been off the plate, it was not a bad pitch at all, and they'd been went with it. So that was the double on an two pitch and then the decision. You know, I talked about it to walk intentionally, show Hey Otani, and in essence, Arizona decided to put the potential tying run on base. Then there was a long fly ball out by bench that moves the runner over to scoring position. Another intentional walk to Freddie Freeman, and then for Will Smith, as you're talking about, hit by a pitch and that loaded the bases, and then you know they'd taken into their hands. Max Mounty hits the sacrifice fly to deep part of centerfield. So I come from behind victory. But there were so many different pieces of that puzzle in the tenth it was really fun to watch.
Speaker 10: It was a fun baseball game, back and forth and back and forth, just to what you hope to see in a very tight ball game. But the Dodgers prevailed in the end. Tonight they'll look to win two in a row and take the series behind Dustin May. May is one in four. Corbin Burns, who stimied the Dodgers last time he faced them in Arizona, pitch seven shutout innings on the tenth of May. He's three and one. He'll go tonight for the Diamondbacks. A couple of guys the Dodgers need to really watch out for. Gabrielle Moreno, who has hit home runs in three of his last five games. He is six for twenty with three homers and seven runs batted in in five games against the Dodgers. Against everybody else, no home runs in six runs batted in. He's got it out for the Dodgers. And also Kotel Marte, who has more hits at Dodgers Stadium than any other opposing player now that is active with fifteen.
Speaker 2: Well, the Diamondbacks one thing we know, they are a very aggressive team to the Dodgers. As far as the lineup tonight, Galton Rushing will be behind the plate doing the catching. Will Smith gets the night off at least at the beginning, and Rushing will bat in the number eight spot, and then Miguel Rojas gets to start at second base. In centers, Tommy Edmonds ta Oscar Hernanis returns the starting lineup in right field. So the Dodgers poise their final game of the homestand Tomorrow's scheduled off day, and then in the Big Apple take on the Mets beginning on Friday night.
Speaker 10: Diamondbacks Dodgers Game three, coming up from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 9: Tim all right, thanks a lot, guys, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. We're off and running here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 9: You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in what David Batt say. We will hear from the man who's got a bobblehead giveaway tonight, Will Smith, Dodger catcher. That's coming up in about forty minutes. But up next here Tani rewind Man. We visit with Sports net la is Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 9: I'm Tim kase Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 9: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Wednesday night. Dustin May and Corbyn Burns the pitching matchup in this series finale, final game before the Dodgers head off on a road trip. They'll start in New York on Friday against the Mets. First pitch tonight, coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 8: This is the Otani rewyd and the pitch A swings and cracks one toward the gap and left center field.
Speaker 5: That's gonna get down and go to the wall.
Speaker 10: Otani around first and he is going to be in the second with a double one out bottom of the tenth Edmund the tying runners at third, o Tani the winning run at first. They're gonna show hey, per second, They're gonna let him go and now we're winning rounder in scoring position as Otani skills his eleventh base of the season.
Speaker 9: Showe Aotani goes one for four last night, a double, his ninth of the season.
Speaker 1: You heard the stolen base.
Speaker 9: Now hitting three to eleven on this season is Shohotani, who would also get intentionally walked in the tenth inning and then score the game winning run on the sackfly for Max Bunzi as the Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks four to three.
Speaker 8: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson Kirsen.
Speaker 9: Now Joints is here at Dodger Stadium on this Wednesday night. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car call eight seven to seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. First off, great to see you Kirston, and great to see the Dodgers get a win last night, finally snap in that four game loser streak. Big moment in that game, eighth inning, Ben Kus Sperrys comes in, gets a big strikeout.
Speaker 11: Listen, first and foremost, just for them to pick up that win. For you know, be on Moto how he set the tone throwing a no hitter through six. Of course he saw him give up that hit in the seventh inning, but even to push through and then for like you said, Ben Casparius, for him to come in bases loaded situation.
Speaker 8: He said, he knew that he was gonna.
Speaker 11: Have the matchup with Goriel Junior, and so going into it, he was just like, listen, this is the moment and the fact that he has the trust from Dave Roberts, and the organization is such a high leverage situation.
Speaker 7: That's been huge for.
Speaker 11: Him, and he he was funny. He was like, I was just trying to like stay in the moment. There was so much happening with whether it was the BOK or the pitch count situation. He was kind of confused by that because he was like, I was looking at him, but he had the mat up and he put it down, and there was so much happening, but he was just like, let me just block in focus in this moment.
Speaker 1: He said he was gonna live.
Speaker 11: And die by the slider. He did just that, and then to get the strikeout. I was like, you have to be honest. I mean that a moment was electric, like to see how this stadium erupted, to see how he erupted. And he was like, no, that was huge. And his family's reaction, he said, his mom was so sweet. He was like, I was just so happy they put you in that situation and they believed in you to have it and you did just that.
Speaker 1: So he said it was huge.
Speaker 9: That was a big moment for Ben and tonight hopefully a big moment for Dustin May. I actually had to look it up here in the month of May. Dustin May is oh in three and three starts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's not great, and for him, he's kind of had an up and down. So whether it was his outing against the Diamondbacks in Arizona and which he was quite good. He did, yes, give up two runs, but ultimately he was able to get into the seventh inning, so he was navigating through them. Well, then you have his following outing in which he just wasn't in sync, The stuff wasn't really there. So, yes, he's still coming off of having surgery and Tommy John and so things are going to be here and there, and there's gonna be some ebbs and flows with that. But the hope is that he can lock in, especially right now when you look at the injuries to the rotation. Dave Roberts was even saying today, not only are they gonna need him today in this one, hopefully he's at the tone and be able to eat up some innings and go deep, especially just looking at the same of the bullpen, but moving forward until Lake Snell or Tyler Glass now who at least is going to be during a bullpen on Friday, until they come back. Dustin as well as claytonkursh On Nny Gunson. They're gonna have to be key guys to really.
Speaker 1: Step up to help out this rotation.
Speaker 9: I need a big adding tonight from Code Red Kirsten. Great to see you. We'll check back in with you a little bit later. Coming up here on Wrongo Becauseino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: David Vass goes.
Speaker 9: One on one with Will Smith on his Bobblehead night. But up next we get you an injury report and we'll hear from the Dodger manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Audio notwork.
Speaker 8: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season off.
Speaker 9: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Diamondbacks final game with those three game said, final game of this home stand before the Dodgers hit the road, Moroango Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam for good times. Dustin May Corbyn Burns. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 7: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 9: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Kirby Yates on the IL with the right hamstring strain, Evan Phillips on the I L with the sore right forearm, Tyler glassnow Blake Snell both the left shoulder inflammation. Blake Snell and Tyler glassnew hopefully going to start throwing a little bit more from ground level, Blake trying it on the sixty day IL. Michael Kopek is in Oklahoma City trying to work his way back with minor league rehab assignments. And Bruce dar Graderole on the sixty day I I L with the right shoulder surgery. All right, let's head back downstairs and hear from the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 3: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 7: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 12: I think that's kind of what we're looking for, is just the consistency of the throw. I guess the diningbacks, he was really good you know, moving the fastball around the sweeper and you know got away from it the last outing against the Angels, and I think tonight just his ball moves so much, just to kind of minimize some of those really bad misfires and keep the ball around the zone. There should be some early contacts, some quickouts, a lot of ground balls if he's doing things the right way.
Speaker 11: It's so long home and yes, you was able to get your seventy in today, but do you feel and.
Speaker 8: Dustin Dost need to try to provide linked to night just to.
Speaker 3: Try to take flag to the outdate.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 12: I think that you know, one thing that I think is of value for him is that he can be very efficient and he can get some quick outs and so some double play balls potentially, and so you know, his ability to go six innings is something that we come to expect and that's something that yeah, we I wouldn't say we needed as much as we did last night, but going into this road trip, it'll be certainly helpful.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 13: And after that Snuffs adapter the first up months may find more rhythm the further it gets in the season.
Speaker 12: Of rythmy passer or yes, yeah, because I think that as I've understood it, that pictures that are the first year out of Tommy John, the kind of the the softer skills or feel for the baseball is the last to come. And so I think that hopefully that's something that will continue to get better. And like I said before, is that you know, there's going to be some misfires, but if we can sort of temper those and keep them a little bit more around the plate, I think that there's gonna be a lot more success. And that's something I do feel that as we look out, that's going to be more of what we see from Dustin.
Speaker 13: Guys like Tony encouraged and this last month there's a lot of vision game.
Speaker 6: All those series away, so.
Speaker 13: See that like how are they the kind of helping have the he's here in.
Speaker 4: Case, it's it's everything.
Speaker 12: You're obviously trying to we're trying to win baseball games. But I do think that.
Speaker 6: With all those guys.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna push them. I think because I think, you know, if you're looking at the bullpen and we've talked, you know, like nauseum nauseum about it, and they've been pushed to the to the max and put in some tough spots, and so it's part of the role of the starter.
Speaker 6: To go deeper.
Speaker 9: All right, there's Dave Roberts down in the doug talking about the need for starting pitching really to give them more length like Yoshinoba Yamamoto did last night, pitching into the seventh inning. When we can tell you here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David vs as we lead up to first pitch on this getaway Day final game with the Homestead Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kates. Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: As we were.
Speaker 8: Saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 9: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. Justin May Corvin BYRNS, A bitching match up. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 7: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 7: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 9: All right, David, I know the Dodgers have superstars on their team, future Hall of Famers MVPs. On this roster, but really another player from another team asking for autographs.
Speaker 14: Yeah, this happens a lot tim but it's done, you know, a little bit more discreetly than what we saw today. Usually the routine is the last day of the series, players from both sides, if there's an autograph they want from an opponent, will bring their own jersey, bring their own baseball, and then ask their clubhouse attendant to take it over to the other side and ask if the player will sign it, And usually without a hiccup, it happens. But the Japanese culture is a little bit different, and Yamamoto prefers Yoshi. Yamamoto prefers to meet the opponent that wants his autograph. So veteran outfielder now playing for the Diamondbacks Randall Gritchik, is a collector. He collects autograph baseballs from players that he's played with and against, and he wanted Yamamoto's autograph.
Speaker 4: So he found out, like others have, that.
Speaker 14: Yamamoto wants to meet the player that wants his autograph. So Gritchik arranged with his former teammate from the Blue Jays, ta Oscar Hernandez, a meeting time which was at about five o'clock this afternoon to you meet Yama Moto on the field. He brought two baseballs for Yama Moto to sign, and Yamamoto oblige. So that was an interesting scene that I haven't seen before where you know, the opponent is standing right in front of the Dodger Doug app That usually is a bad look, as they say in the game, and your teammates are taking batting practice. But that's the only way he was going to get the autographs.
Speaker 1: David has driven by four.
Speaker 9: If there's one thing we like, its choices, fine yours with the four f one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called the f one fifty Dodgers taken on Corbyn Burns, who they saw at Chase Field just a few weeks ago where he was really good against the Dodgers, David, and they get to see him tonight and here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 14: Yes, and that's a good thing that he's here at Dodgers Stadium because Corbyn Burns is human here in this ballpark.
Speaker 4: Despite his dominance in.
Speaker 15: Milwaukee and the way he pitched last week in Arizona, Corbyn Burns at Dodgers has an ERA of over six, so the Dodgers have him right where they want him, and certainly that would change the feelings about this Homestand after getting swept by the Angels, if the Dodgers could ride the momentum of their walkoff extra inning win last night, and when tonight.
Speaker 14: You've won two out of the three series and you go out on the road feeling better than if.
Speaker 9: You lose Tonight's Kate going out on a winning note would be a big thing for this Dodgers team.
Speaker 1: David appreciate it.
Speaker 9: We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day. Get a track experience like Memorial Weekend Carnival, California Beer Festival, and free Fridays with drink specials. Explore experiences and to find out more at Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the man who's got a bobblehead tonight here at Dodger Stadium, Dodger Ketcher will Smith will dive deeper to this pitchy matchup. What up next your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Snakes first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 9: It's the Dodgers in Diamondbacks, Dustin May and Corbyn Burns. The pitching matchup in this series finale.
Speaker 1: First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 6: I without a hot dog?
Speaker 8: Who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Ditch Magical Dodge Phone presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 9: We go back to March thirtieth, twenty nineteen, Dodgers playing host of the Diamondbacks. The Dodgers with a blowout win, a game in which the Dodgers offense flex their muscles.
Speaker 5: Here's a three one fly ball the right field.
Speaker 16: Cody Pellinger has this one a long way uh well into the diamondback hole pen second home run for the Dodgers tonight. They're eleventh of the season and the Dodger lead now.
Speaker 9: Is second stip Cody Bellinger two home runs drove in a career high six runs. Justin Turner added five RBI. That night, Austin Bars Win Deep, Jock Peterson Win Deep Dodgers scored eighteen runs on nineteen hits in an eighteen.
Speaker 1: To five win over the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 9: This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffee So Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Haffey hot Dogs Local and so great.
Speaker 9: When we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Rick Monday as we lead you up to first pitch on Will Smith Bobblehead Night, Dodgers Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 7: DAP on your home for the Blue all season Law.
Speaker 9: Dodgers and Diamondbacks one final time in this three game set, final game on this nine game homestand Will Smith Bobblehead Night. Dustin May Corbyn burns the pitching matchup first pitch set for seven to ten, but first.
Speaker 8: And now joined by David Bassey. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 14: You can hear the smile right now through your radios.
Speaker 4: Rick Monday and I reunited.
Speaker 2: You know the reason I'm smiling why is that you're not making the trip to New York into Cleveland.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: That's what I've been able to discover. We will miss you, however, and and you and I will do long distance the pregame show, that's right. And you will also host the postgame as well.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 4: We'll just do it from the studio.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, this trip because you never know, rain delay Dodger talk in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: See, you never know, would know. It's going to be cool on this road trip, not warm, that's right.
Speaker 4: And we're going to see a lot of the Mets in the next week or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see more of them than you care to have. Let me come up with something because I ran into a gentleman that I have a great deal of respect for. He's the Dodgers historian Mark Langel, who is amazing. And I met him in the hall and we see one another all the time in a nice talk and looking at posters in the hallway, and for those that have not been to Dodgers Eddy and are taking a moment in the sweet level when you walk through really all over the stadium for that matter, there's so much history in this building with photos, with posters and everything that kind of.
Speaker 6: Goes with it.
Speaker 2: We'll talking with Mark today and to show how precious it is and how difficult it is to win a World Championship, and here the Dodgers are trying to make it back to back. Mark was bringing up if we go back to nineteen eighty one, the World Championship season.
Speaker 6: Game six of that World Series.
Speaker 2: You talked about how precious it is and have been many many players that have played for a long times that have never played in postseason played that a lot of players that have played for long period of time that have never gotten into the World Series, much less win one.
Speaker 6: So the lineup that was on the field for.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers in nineteen eighty one, Game six of that World Series against the New York Yankees, all of those people combined myself included, had played over twenty thousand games, and nineteen eighty one was the first championship that any of those players.
Speaker 6: Were able to win. A World championship.
Speaker 2: Twenty thousand games plus in that lineup in just in game six. So when we're talking about the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers, we're really talking about something that is precious.
Speaker 6: It does not happen that often.
Speaker 2: You've play so many games, and this is something special and the Dodgers are gonna get taste of it. We've said this before. Every time they're go into town, everybody's saying, hey, look, the defending world champions are coming to town. The other team knows it too, and what do they want to do? They want to upset the Apple cart. That's exactly what Arizona's going to try and do tonight. Make it two out of three in the victory column in this series against the defending world champions.
Speaker 14: And you know what, Rick, you feel like these teams, especially this season, are giving their best shot to the Dodgers. Great case in point where the Angels sweeping the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the other part too, is is that teams will try and set up their rotation in advance to face the Dodgers because.
Speaker 6: They know that they have a powerhouse. As far as a lineup.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you, when Mark Langel the great Team.
Speaker 14: Historian presented that back to you did your perspective on winning the World Series change?
Speaker 2: It didn't change, but I think it got deeper and deeper about how precious it is.
Speaker 6: You know this full well.
Speaker 2: I wear the championship reign from nineteen eighty one every day. It's not something I put in a trophy case. It's not something that I put away in a safe deposit box. I wear it every day because it means that much to me as a kid watching World Series, as a kid dreaming what it would be like. I think back David in Santa Monica, where my Pony League coach Joe miss Brennan asked me one day I'm fourteen, and he goes, how would you like to play professional baseball? And I went, oh, mister miss Brenner, I would love to. He says, you have a chance, but I want you to play in this other league. And I said, mister miss Brener, those guys are older. Those are like seventeen and eighteen year old guys. I'm I just turned fourteen. He goes, you'll get better, you'll take your lumps. I remember that encouragement that I got. I remember the encouragement I got for Movement Navarro, who is my high school baseball coach. I remember the encouraging words from Bobby Winkles, who is the head coach at Arizona State. From Tommy Lasorda, who is the Hall of Fame manager. This ring means more than just a championship. It means the twenty four other teammates that I had, the coaching staff, ownership, the fans, and basically this ring just rem reminds me every day. My mom's not gonna shake me and say, Ricky's time to get up and go to school.
Speaker 6: This is all a bit of dream now.
Speaker 14: It was three all Rick and we all remember nineteen eighty one and Cherry's shit part of the exclusive fraternity of being a world champion reak.
Speaker 2: Well, nowadays you wear the ring, you might need a sling or you might get you know, tenanditis because they're huge.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's really huge.
Speaker 4: Yours is classy.
Speaker 6: It's a little bit smaller.
Speaker 4: It fits the guy too.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks for seeing we get back into town day. Don't miss me, Rick, trust me, we won't.
Speaker 4: We'll set it.
Speaker 5: That's just as studio tim.
Speaker 9: All right, Thanks a lot of guys. That's the Dodgers' game plan. What's your game plan? Dodger fans some about starting your future to California Community College. Financial aids availble to help you with tuition, books and sometimes even the rent. And it's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college and dot com still to come here on Morongo because you know Dodgers on debt, we will preview this bitchy matchup. Tim and Rick love those keys of the game. But up next, you got a bobblehead four tonight, not in the lineup, but he is Dodger catcher Will Smith hear from him. Next Dodgers Diamondbacks first pitch of seven to ten.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kase. It's the world champion Los.
Speaker 9: Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: As we were saying, yes, is Morongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 9: It's the Dodgers in Diamondbacks final game with this three game series, Dodgers and Snakes. The rubber game of this three game set, as the Dodgers will hit the road, getting on Friday in New York against the Mets. A big three game series against the Mets, who they saw in the NLCS just this last October. That will be a great three game set Memorial Day Weekend followed by three games in Cleveland. But tonight, the Dodgers looking to finish off this homestand on a winning note. And Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zen She handcrafted so she enjoyed the game with a quick, affordable meal that the whole.
Speaker 1: Family can enjoy.
Speaker 9: It's Zench Sweet Knife here in Dodgers Stadium. We got Deborah and the whole crew here, all the winners from five to seventy LA Sports Zench handcrafted sushi made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs. They're the best precision passion a tradition. You can really taste the tunor roles, the spicy tuna roles, the salmon rolls, the temper shrimp rolls, my personal favorite, the mangy mango crunchy dragon rolls. Those are my favorite. And they got the poke bulls as well. Find Zenji near the deli counter at Ralph's. Really easy to find. Having a great night tonight here in the Zenchy Sweet Live here at Dodgers Stadium leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks dust In May on the mount in the series finale. First pitch coming up at seven to ten, Dave.
Speaker 8: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This is high and tight.
Speaker 14: It's bubb Allhead Day at Dodgers and it's Will Smith's final out from the World Series Bobblehead, and Will has the day off, so he was so eager to speak to us today before first pitch.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got it, very very eager to be here for sure.
Speaker 4: I mean I felt like this was a perfect day.
Speaker 14: I knew you would be able to have a lot of time to take that victory.
Speaker 6: Lap on Bibblehead Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 14: You're like, hey, Dave can Dalton rushing catch the night? Corbin Burns is pitching and I got my Bobblehead night that night as well.
Speaker 4: Is that how the conversation went?
Speaker 3: Is that where you think it's going. You think I'm Duck and Corban or something.
Speaker 4: You don't have burns itis.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 4: I would never think you have anybody idis.
Speaker 17: No, definitely not No, it's yeah, let Dalton get in there, maybe get his first home to night, that'd be cool.
Speaker 3: So yeah, i'lle be get a win.
Speaker 4: What's it been like so far?
Speaker 14: You used to be the student and now you're the Jedi master as far as Catchers go.
Speaker 3: Oh man, No, it's been good. It's been good.
Speaker 17: You know, a lot of versation adalt and helping him out, try to figure things, figure some things out, help you know, learn the pictures, you know, speed track all of that.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he's just he's got to get comfortable here. He's got to get his.
Speaker 17: Routine, you know, figure out what works with him, and then just just be back there in the box.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 17: Uh, guy in the pictures gain experience is gonna come with time. He's going to mess up, but you know I'm there to kind of help him along, make sure he knows it's okay, learn from it and move on.
Speaker 3: Just don't make the same stake twice.
Speaker 14: Basically, from the outside looking again, it seems like he is really willing to put in the work and really cares about the game planning with the pictures.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, he's he's always been a hard worker. We obviously went to the same college and stuff. I know him a little bit from then. You can see his work ethic. He's he's got that down. But yeah, he's he's really trying to learn him he's really you know, picking my brain on different guys. I know, we talked about d May a little bit for tonight, so yeah, yeah, just trying to you know, he's trying to learn. He's trying to, you know, do a really good job back there, and you know, serve the pictures.
Speaker 14: You guys have two different personalities. You kind of keep your toughness, your emotions in check. He seems to wear his emotions on his sleeve. Is that something that can be sustainable in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean that's that's who he is.
Speaker 17: So as long as he you know, stays who he is, doesn't, you know, let it affect teammates and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with getting getting mad and frustrated and any of that. I think, you know, you got to be yourself out there. It's hard enough game and then trying to be someone you're not, it's that's too hard to do. So you know, hopefully it feels comfortable by himself.
Speaker 3: That's what you know.
Speaker 17: Us his teammates have got to, you know, get him or anybody else. You know, just come from the clubhouse being be who we are.
Speaker 4: Will Smith is our guest.
Speaker 14: It is Bobb Ahead Nights, celebrating the World Series championship for the Dodgers. And I'm not sure if you caught this last night in Boston, your battery mate in Game five of the World Series got ejected Walker Bueller. I'm sure you've seen that type of emotion from him before. Andy Pa has excused us. We're doing a nice interview here. What'd you think about Bueller last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe one too many f bombs.
Speaker 6: I've seen him.
Speaker 3: I've seen him.
Speaker 17: Drop a couple out there at umpires and stuff. But he probably went too far yesterday. But you know that's who he is, competitor, He's fiery, obviously one of those couple of calls. So yeah, it's it's funny to laugh at.
Speaker 14: How about Lindor he's still keeping the receipts from last year's NLCS, trying to egg the umpire on to throw him out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's part of it. I don't know. I got no comment on that part.
Speaker 14: You don't have to have any comment. You got the World Series ring. Thanks a lot for the time, Will, and we'll see on the road trip. Actually I won't, but other people will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be. We'll be out there grinding in New York and Cleveland. You'll be a home you know. Yeah, I'll be.
Speaker 14: I'll be working from the air conditioned Burbank studio while you're in New York.
Speaker 4: There you go, Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 14: He is two times World Series Champion Will Smith. Tonight is his Bobblehead Night, and Willrews receive a gift card to Travis S. Matthew Apparel designed for confidence and comfort no matter where the day takes you.
Speaker 4: Travis S.
Speaker 14: Matthew as you covered, visit travismtthew dot com and received twenty percent off your first order. When you sign up for email, Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks a lot.
Speaker 6: DV.
Speaker 9: It is Will Smith Bobblehead Night, first forty thousand and tenant and it is filling up here at Dodger Stadium. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by the Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner.
Speaker 1: Of the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 9: When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com. Will lead you have to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks. When we come back, we'll break down this pitching match Who don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for.
Speaker 7: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 9: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on these Wednesday night. Will Smith bobblehead Night as the homestand comes to an in first match at seven to ten.
Speaker 8: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 9: Matchup presented by your Southern California and Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard in the New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. Here Toyota Dealer today they make it easy. Corbin Burns on the mound for the Snakes three to one, two fifty six e thirty year old right handers. Seventh season now in the Big leagues is first with the Diamondbacks where he signed a six year, two hundred and ten million dollars deal. In his past offseason, four time All Star won the Cy Young Award with the Brewers in twenty twenty one. Had a little bit of his shoulder inflammation already this season, missed a start, but he has come back healthy. Last time out six shutout innings, two hits, ten strikeouts in a win over the Rockies. Before that, seven shutout innings and a win with the Dodgers over at Chase Field in Phoenix. Two starts in the month of May for Corbyn Burns, he is two and zero with a zero ERA and fifteen strikeouts. He is going up against code Rette Dustin May one in four with a four to forty three RRA. The twenty seven year old right hander in his seventh season now in the big leagues. He is going in just on four days rest, but looking to get back on the mount after his last outing was a rough one five innings, four runs, six hits, eight strikeouts in a loss to the Angels on Friday night here at Dodgers Stadium. It's been a rough month for Dustin May. In the month of May, oh In three and three starts with a five to ten R, but he's still holding hitters to a two thirty five batting average. He's facing the Diamondbacks for a third time in his career, his second start, no wins, no losses, a six to seventy five ERA. He last faced the Snakes in April of twenty twenty three, going five and two third innings and giving up five earned runs while striking out nine. Dustin may Corbin Burns, Dodgers and Diamondbacks were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 1: Keys to the game.
Speaker 9: Our next cases the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your Home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 9: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Wednesday night, final game of the series, final game of this nine game homestand Dustin may Corbyn Burns the pitching matchup first pitch coming up at seven to ten. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. This applies to your home as well. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, before setting up a campfire, made sure to get a permit from CalFire and check local restrictions. Know how to properly set up a campfire and extinguish it using the drowned stir and feel method. Always have water nearby and shovel to also help extinguish your campfire. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CA dot gov. All right, we head back over to the booths one final time before first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim Neverett and Rick Munday.
Speaker 10: Guys, Tim, once again we couch it out to the first pitch from Dodgers Stadium on a gorgeous night warm day here in southern California and will be a very pleasant night of the ballpark tonight. Dustin May at one and four. He's oz in three in the month of May, looking for a victory here tonight, but mostly looking to go deeper into the ballgame. Dave Roberts saying this afternoon he expects him to go at least six.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: He got tanked with a loss in that matchup against Corbyn Burns over in Arizona that was on the tenth of May, and got the loss in spite of the Factor's two runs, seven hits over six and two thirds innings and he made only eighty eight pitches in that ballgame. Burns picked up the victory. He went seven innings of scoreless baseball, only five hits.
Speaker 6: That he allowed.
Speaker 2: One thing about Dustin May keeps some runners off base because he's given up nine successful stolen bases in ten attempts. We'll see about rushing as far as his throws down to sack a base. Should a very aggressive Diamondbacks team get on base and decide, hey, let's advance a runner ninety feet.
Speaker 10: One big key for the Dodgers. Try to get Burns out of the ballgame at some point in time, because the Arizona bullpen against the Dodgers has a collective era of almost seven.
Speaker 6: So it's gonna be a key.
Speaker 2: And very quickly with Burns, he likes to get strike one as quickly as he can do. The Dodgers go hunting for strike one early in the counter.
Speaker 10: Dodgers and Diamondbacks Game three, coming up from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 1: Tim all right, thank you very much.
Speaker 9: First pitches next Dodgers in Diamondbacks. Dustin May on the maw when we return. Enjoyed, everybody. I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network