Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to pictures Media Radio. Welcome to policy and rights. We show o gosh, welcomer policy that human.
Speaker 2: Joys all right topic.
Speaker 3: Thank you, well worked off. You shouldn't be you shouldn't be applying me.
Speaker 2: I should.
Speaker 3: I'm here to a plant.
Speaker 4: I'm here to apply to you.
Speaker 5: Uh you're for uh supporting Stephanie, for supporting me.
Speaker 2: Those of you had that.
Speaker 3: I love the advanced voting numbers.
Speaker 2: I meant like everyone is already voted, not everyone. Not everyone is voted. We know at the votes and we've got to get people over. And Dannis reminds me that he.
Speaker 5: And I both delivered the Edmonton Journal, so I'm expecting I'm expecting an endorsement from the.
Speaker 3: Happy Listen.
Speaker 5: This is uh, Stephanie, Sandy, You're all helping out because I think we all know that this is.
Speaker 2: The most important election of our lifetime.
Speaker 5: Talking about of those christeen is uh banning up to the Americans who taking.
Speaker 3: This like a different approach to our relationships?
Speaker 2: Should we say that we've had in the past, and it's serious?
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 6: It is a serious situation.
Speaker 2: It's not just about the teriff war.
Speaker 5: It is a desire to control them, to hone a lot of our resources, to control our water UH in more of our country, and we have to stand up to them.
Speaker 2: And that process has started.
Speaker 5: We're starting to get burned back to respect that we should have had on the job.
Speaker 3: Come back to private innis here.
Speaker 6: So we are we are.
Speaker 4: Fighting them, ellows up terrifighting them.
Speaker 2: We are protecting on workers and I think.
Speaker 3: You know here on the island around where there's a forestry.
Speaker 5: Sector, other sectors may be sure that everything we can do now for protective worker, protective business under So when we get to the other side of this, once we've won, we've got the firm stay.
Speaker 6: Got their jobs, we got the puture.
Speaker 5: But the big thing we're doing UH is to build a company and build the country.
Speaker 1: On our life.
Speaker 7: So it's building will.
Speaker 2: Build a name the homes, building a whole new home building industry. It's building clean power UH. It's building new trade groups.
Speaker 4: With UH reliable partners, and it is.
Speaker 5: Recognizing, accepting Michelle, myself, all the little UH party. And I think you UH know is that we're doing this because we care about game pre care what everyone in pie.
Speaker 2: So we do care.
Speaker 3: How about ten dollars day, child care or protector.
Speaker 2: We do care about themple.
Speaker 5: Care for eight millions, Gay eight million, twenty percent. You know we need to fundamentally reinvest in our healthcare.
Speaker 2: Question meets up to the stains, you know, healthcare for right.
Speaker 5: I will tell you having been in Newfoundland, well, we were a new friends with six hours ago, thirty.
Speaker 6: Six hours ago.
Speaker 2: Now we're here. Some of you were with us to the country. Kids coming together. Yeah, the island can play a crucial part of it.
Speaker 5: I've heard you, Uh, if you haven't voted, vote vote, Hey, you're going to vote vote Liberals.
Speaker 2: You've heard of your friends.
Speaker 5: Family, neighbors, everyone.
Speaker 3: You know, we are literally and we've got uh, we've got the oil here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: This is the last five minutes of game seven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we gotta have a big bush and country cumps together.
Speaker 5: We're gonna win this, uh with this battle with the Americans, and we're gonna build Canada's wrong.
Speaker 1: Welcome at the policy and writes here in Depictions Media Radio, I'm your host, Michael Clogges. So earlier in the Conservative campaign, the Conservatives were concerned about a the woke ideology, and they actually went out of their way to bring it up and to say that they wanted to eliminate the woke ideology from from the federal government.
Speaker 8: And and.
Speaker 1: When they when they finally went went ahead and posted their uh national platform on Tuesday, the okay, we'll read it from the from this from the CBC when the party released his full national fuck all right, start over again in in five four three two, welcome back to policy and writes here in Depictions Media Radio. I'm your host, Michael Cloggs. So first up, we're going to read something from the CBC News. The Conservative Party has published its English version of its platform after what it says was a publishing oversight that resulted in the omission of a previous comment and the crackdown on the woke ideology. Earlier in the campaign, the Conservatives had promised, as part of their Quebec platform to put an end too the imposition of woke ideology in the federal civil service and in the allocation of federal funds for universities university research. When the party released its full national platform on Tuesday, the comment was repeated in the French language but was missing from the English version. So the CBC went ahead and asked him about this and mid morning on Wednesday. In a response separate to the inquiry from the CBC News, a party spokesperson said the omission was the result of a public publishing oversight. The comment was originally contained in the Quebec platform in both French and English. The platform has been updated to reflect our policy, says Simon Jefferies, and the Conservative leader has often stated the opposition of things that he considers woke and has a regulatory regularly used the word to criticize liberal policies. Last month, the Canadian Association Association of University Teachers.
Speaker 3: About the.
Speaker 1: Express concern about the Conservative Party's comment could impact federal funding for research. If there, if there was ever a reason to decide on how you're going to vote, this should be. He should be pretty evident. Would we want a especially in today's world, with what's happening with with our southern Southern brothers and sisters. Do we want a a party in leadership in that Prime minister office that is wishy washy about their campaigns and their campaign promises and as well as their platforms what it is that they represent. Or do we want some a group in there that is pushing forward full steam head knowing what direction they're they're that they're heading in. So just something to to actually think about and and also go ahead and do you do your own research about this, But is a woke ideology so bad when it and when we consider how inclusive it will be and how it will diversify Canada and and those who who have talents to get the job done so that we all have a great place to live. So just something to think about. With that, we do have some recordings of uh, the both the Conservative and the Liberal Party as they as a talk get we get closer to the election day, we have what it is that both parties actually represent in some recordings, and we invite you as you head to the polls to give a listen and decide for yourself which way your vote should go. And some other things from different news stories. Carney does confirm that he had a conversation with Donald Trump about becoming the fifty first state. We're going to throw that into quotation marks because there's a lot to happen that cannot happen within Trump's time or what could be proposed as his lifetime because of what is written in both the Canadian Constitution as well as the US constitutions. If you actually do your research, you would see that Donald Trump's statements about fifty first state and him trying to take over Greenland according to the US Constitution, if he can't do it, it takes a lot more than I'm president and I want this, I want this. There are things that he just simply cannot get ratified as president. Fifty first state is one of them. It would take more than one of his presidencies to get that actually pushed through. The next piece going back to Donald Trump and between Ukraine and and Russia, as we know, we heard about more deadly attacks and mister Trump is called of President Zelensky a hypocrite, and he said that he is the one who is continuing in the war because he won't give give in on issues around CRIMEA Crimea as we know that mister Putin wants control of that territory and and other UH areas in territory they would be that he thinks are included in CRIMEA. And because mister Zelensky won't give into that, we've we've also gone back to more attacks on Ukraine from Russia. And Trump is also quoted with Vladimir stop. Trump wrote this on his Truth Network the after attacks. Referring to Russian President of Vladimir Putin, He says, I am not happy with russia strikes on Kiev. Uh not necessary and are very bad thing. Uh. Trump said, five thousand soldiers a week are dying. Let's get to the piece deal done. And Trump also goes on to say that there's a lot of hatred and bad blood and discussed between the U yeah UK, between Ukraine and Russia, and both they both wanted peace, but they have a lot on the table to get to. So apparently Donald Trump is still working on a peace deal with them. But again, uh, Crimea and and other territories uh M, Presidents Lelensky are off the table. So why don't we push forward? And we'll listen to liberal campaign promises as well as conservative campaign promises, keeping in mind that they woke ideology is one that would support diversity in conclusion in Canada's policy overall, and might not be such a bad thing when we consider what we're up against around the world in economically and with uh, with other trouble that is actually happening.
Speaker 5: Right here.
Speaker 9: You go to clicko hot wia each and Susy jumpetcy clicko modny hap Wia.
Speaker 2: I'm Michelle Corfield for Nanaima Ladysmith.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having us, and I just welcomed you in our language, and I thank the chiefs of the nations around us for allowing us to come here and gather today.
Speaker 2: Thank you again.
Speaker 10: Well, come up, well, good morning everybody, and welcome to this incredible Victoria Day that we've arranged for you here. It's my great honor to welcome back to Victoria Canada's twenty fourth Prime Minister Mark Carney, a global economic leader who's guided nations through crisis. Mark brings the steady hand that Canada needs.
Speaker 2: Right now at home and on the world stage.
Speaker 10: From shielding us from Trump's tariffs, to cutting the cost of living and leading the clean energy transition, Mark Carney is the man to meet this moment, and here in Victoria, we have a chance to be part of that leadership by electing me and my fellow candidates to be strong voices for Vancouver Island in the next Liberal government.
Speaker 2: I'm pleased to turn.
Speaker 10: It over now to one of those candidates, one of those strong voices from Cowichin Malahat Langford Lair Herbert, thanks.
Speaker 9: Thanks well for that kind opening. My name is Blaurer Herbert. I'm for Couch and Malahad Langford. Prime Minister Kearney is an extraordinary global leader. His ground baking tenure as the governor of both the Bank of Canada and the Bank of England means he is uniquely positioned to face today's.
Speaker 2: Challenges head on.
Speaker 9: I was inspired to run in this election because the Prime Minister's personal commitment to economic resilience, climate leadership and global partnership. It is a great honor and I asked you to join me and welcome me the man we need to meet this moment. Prime Minister of Canada, Mark Kearney.
Speaker 5: Cool, thank you, thank you, Thank you very much, Blair, Thank you Michelle for that the acknowledgment, and thank you will now you said, well, you said, this is an incredible Victoria day.
Speaker 2: From my experience, this is a typical Victoria day, which.
Speaker 5: Is why I'm always thrilled to come back here, back to the island, back to Victoria.
Speaker 2: I have family up island and I know my sister.
Speaker 5: I believe is watching, So hello Brendon and working for you, Michelle actually volunteering in in Nanaimo. It's great to be here, as I say, to be in the heart of Victoria, to talk about our plan to build BC and to build Canada strong. And we need that plan because we are facing the biggest crisis of our lifetimes. President Trump is attacking Canada, America's closest ally, America's closest partner in Manas nos alto police MNAs Clavo in Manas is it going to mean to No?
Speaker 2: That's that.
Speaker 5: President Trump is trying to break us so that America can own us. Now that will never happen. We will get through this crisis if we come together, if we unite our country around a bold plan rooted in shared values. Here in British Columbia and across Canada, I'm asking you to vote with me for positive reasons, regardless of which party you voted for supported in the past, because this is the time for serious leadership of a united country. We need to come together so we can fight President Trump together. Because President Trump wants to divide us, it makes his job easier. In BC and across Canada, we need to be united in order to be Canada strong. Nu Crevecta la fosse data minas you do new Batton concet tif and I like the count terif he o in unpacked maximtals it does you need in unpacked minimal it's your Canada.
Speaker 2: New proteas peace. In news alone you did is a shack dollar to no count hill for the fair.
Speaker 5: New baptist On Canada fall, New Devon, compon skirt, newpo dovon, do some met shame upon controller in the top Best Step Academy. We can control our economic destiny with the right plan, because in a crisis, plan beats no plan. And to succeed in a crisis, you need to act with overwhelming force to overcome the anxieties that people naturally feel, to break through the fog of uncertainty that businesses face, and above all, to replace what the crisis is taking away. As the private sector retreats, government needs to step up to provide positive direction, to drive action and to catalyze investment.
Speaker 2: And that's what our plan to build Canada Strong will do now.
Speaker 5: In President Trump's trade war, British Columbia is being directly targeted. British Columbians have fought unjustified forestry tariffs before but now the president is escalating this dispute far beyond anything we've experienced by doubling the duties charged on softwood lumber. Meeterchi vison le bois de Canadya come to le terre if mison place Trump s a.
Speaker 2: Justifier, a male vis change la.
Speaker 5: Malgre to leto n Canada agierd'n lante de san bu du von pond Not this there, oh, no man.
Speaker 2: U duvoni. We can deal with this crisis.
Speaker 5: Best by building our strength here at home, and that starts with recognizing our strengths cur in BC. That begins with the world class mining, energy and forestry industries. It extends to cutting edge invitation, innovation in home building and in clean technologies. It includes easy access to growing Asian economies that want everything that British Columbia and Canada has to offer. Above all, it's BC's greatest strength. It's hard working, innovative and ambitious people. Now, this crisis also fall highlights where we have fallen short and what we need to fix.
Speaker 2: Usavon meets told Off.
Speaker 5: Don la mempe pique nusum divenuel de fondi uzet in nacion de Battisseo Bill Jean Dovestack for de Pge Dana Nacionet. Under our plan to build Canada Strong, we're drawing on BC strengths and we're addressing those gaps to unlock VC's full potential. Our goal isn't merely to survive Trump's terra but to emerge much stronger than before. The first thing we're doing is to reduce the forestry sectors to reliance on the United States, will simultaneously tackling the housing crisis. In my first weeks as Prime Minister, recognizing the threats that the President's trade war poses for our forestry industry, we committed to invest twenty million dollars in over sixty projects across PC to boost the competitiveness and resiliency of this sector, and also to invest in innovative low carbon technologies.
Speaker 2: But that's just the beginning.
Speaker 5: We will create Build Canada Homes, a lean, mission driven organization that will not just develop new affordable homes, it will catalyze an entirely new housing industry by investing ten billion.
Speaker 2: Dollars in deeply affordable housing and.
Speaker 5: An additional twenty five billion dollars to fund the future of home building that means prefabricated housing, modular housing using mass timber construction. That will create hundreds of thousands of high pain not just jobs, but careers in the skilled trades and in the forestry sector, and it will massively scale the demand for mass timber innovators here in BC.
Speaker 2: The second thing we're.
Speaker 5: Doing is to invest across the entire energy supply chain to make Canada and energy superpower. That starts with critical metals and minerals vital components to build everything from solar panels to electric vehicles. The market for these minerals is currently dominated by China and Russia. That must change, and BC can lead that change, given that it's home to sixteen different and kinds of critical minerals and already has a highly sophisticated mature mining industry that supports over thirty five thousand jobs in this province and creates more than seven billion dollars in economic value every year. But our plan looks to transform that industry and take it to the next level. Will create the first and the last mile pond that will connect critical mineral extraction projects to our supply chains to get them to market.
Speaker 2: In other words, from rock to road and rail us.
Speaker 5: Alanier qui proffi de la bondance, the minnelful critique Canada connect tele proge O marche piab e cree de bonzois a Jacques Mallon, the no chen Da provision Monus Bonifier lou credi d'n pa alan vestismnpo la fabrication, the technology po encur include the proge mineral critsique elgia that.
Speaker 2: Popsi de cle de Minerho critique.
Speaker 5: Lime Matterio Necessary Technology lie O SEMICONDUCTO.
Speaker 2: Energy eight or technology volts.
Speaker 5: These measures, all of these measures, taken together, will make Canada the global supplier of choice for critical metals and minerals, diversifying our training partners and increasing our strategic leverage with the United States.
Speaker 2: We also need to get more clean energy built, and our investment.
Speaker 5: Tax credit will promote a generational investment in solar, wind, geothermal, hydrogen, nuclear, carbon capture and storage and beyond, and they're essential to those nation building projects. We need to make conventional oil and gas in Canada the lowest emission and therefore the most competitive conventional energy.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 5: Thirdly, my government fully recognizes that to build Canada into an energy superpower. We need to get shovels in the ground with an urgency that meets the moment and to get going. We will immediately create the Major Federal Project Office with a clear manmate issue, comprehensive decisions after a single single review on projects within two years instead of five, all without compromising our world leading environmental standards or constitutional and moral obligations to Indigenous peoples. During my first nine days as Prime Ministers, the Premier and I agree to eliminate duplicative, burdensome requirements, including by having the federal government recognize provincial assessments for major projects. That's worked well here in BC, so within six months of being elected, my government will look to do the same across the country. Use Dan motent Avectule, Premier minist A Tule como tom Quilleville, but sat on the fancy page univalu a etc.
Speaker 2: Relacion, the proge measure new.
Speaker 5: Develop on in codor commercial energetic for the transport energy, the mine fold Critsi eight la connectivity Numerri. We are committed to free, prior and informed consent of Indigenous people and to turn that consent into true partnership, we will increase the Indigenous Loan Guarantee program from five billion dollars to ten billion dollars now. Fourthly, we need to get Canadian resources, goods, energy to markets other than the United States, and BC connects Canada with reliable partners with whom we have free trade agreements in Asia that means Japan, South Korea, Indonesia and Singapore. We'll look to deepen those times while also exploriting a trade partnership with Asian countries through our five billion dollar Trade Diversification Corridors Fund, we will build more trade enabling infrastructure, including investments in ports, railways, airports and highways. And finally, but most importantly, we will invest in our workers. Carpenters, electricians, crane operators, welders and other skilled trades will literally build the future of Canada and it's time for us to invest in their futures. At the core of our plan is a multi pronged strategy to support apprenticeships, including the creation of an apprenticeship.
Speaker 2: Grant of up to eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: By removing a key financial barrier for those who want to enter the trades, Dublais Leason vestismond La sendical Ya Mobilite, then mande Utemon Califi the tael Califier economy faults, they than Canada fall. So with our plan, we will build things in this country again. We will build things in BC again. We will grow BC's for street sector while protecting it.
Speaker 2: From Trump's terrace.
Speaker 5: We will end the housing crisis while building an entirely new industry based on BC technology. BC skilled labor and VC lumber will transform BC's mining sector. We'll build more clean and conventional energy, and we will reduce our reliance on the United States while increasing our ties with reliable trading partners, and all in the process creating hundreds of thousands of great careers in safe neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: That's building Canada strong, now poor finished.
Speaker 5: I'll note that when the Conservative Party finally released their platform yesterday, Kiera Paulyev demonstrated once again that he has no plan to stand up to President Trump. He's literally grasping at straws as Canada faces the gravest crisis in our lifetime. Kiera Pauliev wants to end childcare, dental care, pharmacare, and the CBC. He's surrendering in the fight against climate change. He's offering Canadians a fantasy of fiscal tricks and phantom growth.
Speaker 2: Is bring it home.
Speaker 5: Tax cut doesn't arrive until four years from now. In other words, after President Trump is due to leave office, our middle class tax cut kicks in on Canada Day, saving Canadian families an average of eight hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 2: Dollars a year.
Speaker 5: Pierre Pouliev's plan pockets, literally pockets the twenty billion dollars in tariff revenues we're receiving as we fight President Trump. We will return every single one of those dollars to the workers and businesses that are directly affected by Trump's trade board. Pierre Paulyev ignores the investments we need to build the strongest economy that.
Speaker 2: Works for everyone. We will catalyze five.
Speaker 5: Hundred billion dollars in investment and create a total of up to twenty thousand dollars in economic value for every Canadian.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Unlike Pierre Pauliev, I've managed budgets before, I've managed economies before, I've managed crises before. This is the time for experience on experiments. In a crisis, you have to prepare for the worst, not hope for the best. Canadians are not, as Pierre Pauliev said, stupid. President Trump isn't, as he said, going to knock it off. The Americans want our land, they want our resources, they want our water, they want our country.
Speaker 2: We need to fight them, and you can't cut your way out of a crisis.
Speaker 5: You must lead by catalyzing investment, with purpose and with overwhelming force. You don't throw throw away your best tools when it's time to build. You don't meet the moment with tired ideology when it demands bold action. Above all, you don't divide when people want to come together. No port it Uclaire, as I said, please alone, nu su met au volunti is American. U alonnu lou tene dibu alonnu coupe don don neuse alvonze who. I know how we can give each other far more than the Americans can ever take away. And I know how as America retreats from the world, Canada will lead it. This is a critical election British Columbians could decide who is Canada's Prime Minister on Monday. I'm asking for your support to protect the values that we share and to come through this crisis together. I'm asking for your vote to stand up to Donald Trump. I'm asking for your vote to build a United Canada, to build Canada strong. Thank you very much, MESSI, thank you.
Speaker 6: So good morning everyone.
Speaker 11: My name is Dan Muse and I'm proud to be the Conservative candidate for the beautiful riding of Flamborough Glambrook Brand North and I have the honor of hosting the honor of hosting Pierre Polyev today for our Canada first announcement. After this lost Liberal decade, with costs and crime up and our economy down and under America's thumb, it's clear that the Liberals don't deserve a fourth term. It's time to put Canada first for a change with a new Conservative government that will act taxes, build homes, unleash our resources, stop crime and bring home our jobs to stand up to Trump from a position of strength. Pierre Polyiad is the only one who can bring change to Canada. Here to tell you more about our plan, I have the pleasure of introducing Pierre Polyiad again, the only one who can bring change to Canada.
Speaker 6: Amazing. Thank you, thank you very much for that great Uh.
Speaker 12: Hamilton, steel Town, UH welcome, It's great to be here in the Hammer. Of course, as we know, there is an election on Monday, and it comes down to one word change.
Speaker 7: Change, change, change, change.
Speaker 12: Change so you can afford food and housing, change that you are safe on your streets. Change so we can bring home our jobs and strength.
Speaker 6: Changed. But Canada first and change is the name of.
Speaker 12: Our plan, our election platform for an affordable life, for safe streets, for Canada first. For a Changele saner a yeah erle.
Speaker 6: Give a DCD slee for v a l ch and vi security la.
Speaker 7: Changes a fre diese lungs and they earn destiny felt to de libero. I bet the the prix quy h sistemon all the concol he focused that chanlenge.
Speaker 6: They shows.
Speaker 12: That's why I'm so happy to have the team that will deliver that change. Ned Kirk in Hamilton, Eis Tony Creek, Dan Muse Flamborough, Glambrook.
Speaker 6: And Brandt or Erica Alexander give her a round of apply.
Speaker 12: She quars is the granddaughter of the Great Lincoln Alexander, who is the first black member of Parliament, first black minister in Canadian history, a great Conservative, a towering legend in the Canadian The Canadian story and we look forward to her carrying on his wonderful legacy.
Speaker 7: We have.
Speaker 12: Ken Hewitt, Hayden, Lawrence, Emily Brown, Ron Chinzer give them all along.
Speaker 6: Ods.
Speaker 12: I'd like to thank the many members of the Hamilton Police Association who are joining me today.
Speaker 6: I would also like to thank based on last night's news.
Speaker 12: I don't know if you all heard this news, but it's official, the Toronto Police Union is ready for change and they are endorsing the Conservative plan to make our state safe.
Speaker 6: They're all Canadians.
Speaker 12: It means the world to me to have the support of our most courageous people, the police, who put on a uniform and they leave in the morning, kissing their kids goodbye, knowing that they may not return.
Speaker 6: They do all of that so that you and I can walk our streets safely.
Speaker 12: Yesterday I released a plan for change that we'll make life more affordable and safe in our country. Change means safe streets, good jobs, powerful paychecks. Change means unleashing our resources so we can stand on our own two feet and stand up to the world from a position of strength.
Speaker 6: Over the next four years, my plan.
Speaker 12: Will cut fifty five billion dollars of bureaucracy, consultants, foreign aid, and liberal waste in order to reduce by seventy percent the liberal deficit that we will inherit on Monday. By contrast, Mark Carney, we learned that Mark Carney's platform was actually written for Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 6: It was actually, this is not this is.
Speaker 12: Not a figure of speech his The platform team at the Liberal Party wrote up a platform in the fall and they gave it to Trudeau. And then when he when they switched him out and replaced him with his economic advisor. Oh we've got a cold cop there. We're okay, all right, all right. It was I think he was reacting to the deficit.
Speaker 6: In Markcarney's platform.
Speaker 12: You know, you know, I would like to tell the story of when our little baby boy was born and came out and a little baby cruise and he wasn't crying, and of course that's every parent's worst nightmare. And then the doctor came over and whispered something in his ear, and all of a sudden, a great cry went out, and we were so relieved that.
Speaker 6: He was going to be okay.
Speaker 12: So we held him in our arms, and afterwards I walked up to the doctor and I said, doctor, what did you tell our little infant to make him cry ever so much? He said, well, I just told him that his share of the national debt was ninety thousand dollars, but it's about to get a lot bigger under Mark Karney. You know they tipped this platform, They wrote it for Trudeau, and then Mark Carney takes the leadership and doesn't bother to write his own plan because he has His plan has been carried out over the last five years while he was Trudeau's economic advisor. So why would he presume to change anything? Well, there is one thing he changed. In addition to all of the spending that Trudeau had already budgeted for, Mark Carney's plan would add one hundred and thirty billion dollars. When you take Trudeau's plans and Carney's promises, a fourth Liberal term would mean a quarter trillion dollars of additional inflationary debt that will drive up food and housing prices even more. In fact, Mark Carney, I've said he's no different than Trudeau. The truth is he will cost even more than justin Trudeau. He has phantom numbers. He can't explain. Yesterday, he was lashing out at even liberal economists. Liberal economist Trevor Toomb said that Mark Carney's platform is reckless and irresponsible. And Mark Karney arrogantly lashed out, not wanting people to know how much liberal inflation he would bring if he were to be reelected for a fourth Liberal term.
Speaker 6: Now add it all up, can we can.
Speaker 12: You afford a fourth Liberal term of a quarter trillion dollars more inflationary debt? Can you afford that after the laws liberal decade?
Speaker 6: To pay for it all? He would have to raise taxes.
Speaker 12: There's no question he would reinstate the tax increases Trudeau had planned. He would raise other taxes, only on others, not on him. He would stash his cash and overseas tax tavens. But over the last lost liberal decade, Canada is headed in the wrong direction and fast.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 12: I don't know if you saw the story this week, but the government, the liberal government, actually published a report about how the country will look in fifteen years.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 12: This is important because what liberals have been telling you is forget about the last ten years of liberal government. Pretend it didn't happen. That was then, this is now. The past is the past. Forget about it. Well, what does the future look like? Not according to me, but according to them. Well, they published this report and you know it'd be nice.
Speaker 6: I thankfully.
Speaker 12: This is a draw dropping report to be published by the Government of Canada before the election. Future Lives, Social Mobility in Question and this is the Government of Canada's own report. If I had alleged the things in this report, the media would be attacking me as outlandish. But this is what the government says the future has in store on our current trajectory. When I will emphasize that this is their own words, this is what.
Speaker 6: They have to say.
Speaker 12: I say that many times, just so because the shock value of this report is so massive that you would be you would find it hard to believe the things that they say. The report says that in twenty forty more people may struggle to afford rent bills and groceries on housing. In twenty forty, owning a home is not a realistic goal for many, and inequality between those who rent and those who own has become a key social driver, a key driver of social, economic, and political conflict. The report paints a terrifying picture of national spiral of depression and decline. It forecasts widespread mental health crises. Quote if young were but you're forcing young workers to actually leave the country. If young workers leave Canada, I'm quoting now, it may be harder to pay for the systems that support a growing number.
Speaker 6: Of older people.
Speaker 12: It says that people will lose faith in the Canadian project altogether. And this the most startling comment at all, that food prices will become so unaffordable on the current path that people may have to start quote hunt might have to start, hunt fish and forage on public lands and waterways. You imagine in Canada where people are to the point where they can't even go into a grocery store anymore, and they actually have to go forage on public lands in order to scrape out in existence. This sounds incredible, like something from a post apocalyptic television television series like The Fallout The Last of Us.
Speaker 6: But this is not that.
Speaker 12: It is a liberal government forecast, and it's not for one hundred years from now, it's for fifteen years or from now. Is that the future that you want for your kids?
Speaker 6: No, that is not change.
Speaker 12: That is more of the inflationary spiral the liberals have brought us over the lost decade and Mark Karney will continue with every single policy he inherits from Justin Trudeau. He might look different, he might use more different buzzwords, but it is exactly the same liberal agenda. We cannot afford a fourth Liberal urn after ten years of liberal government predictions about housing shortages, mental health crises, and a loss of hope for many Canadians is already the reality is funny.
Speaker 6: Yesterday a CBC.
Speaker 12: Post was saying, well, are all of these terrible things in this government report really realistic?
Speaker 6: Could they really happen in fifteen years?
Speaker 12: And to her credit, another journalist said, well for a lot of Canadians, that's the way it is now. That's how desperate the situation has already become after ten years of liberal government. So the choice of this election cannot be clear. A fourth term Liberal term with Marktcarney, whose plan is even more reckless and costly than Justin Trudeau's, or a new Conservative government that will cut waste and bureaucracy, bring down taxes, unleash home building and resource development so that Canadians can afford a good life on a safe street.
Speaker 6: That's the choice before us today. That's a good choice.
Speaker 12: Nothing has become a more profound symbol of the lost Liberal decade, nothing more than the homeless encampments that were unheard of before this government took office, but have now become a part of everyday life, the crime that is associated with them, the violence and the fear that is now overtaking our streets because of liberal liberal drug, drug criminal justice, border and other policies. Violent crime is up fifteen percent, gun crime up a shocking one hundred and sixteen percent, extortion and auto theft up three hundred and fifty seven percent and forty six percent, respectively. And you are the ones facing it on the front lines. The police officers here with me today, and there are many police officers in this crowd. They are the ones facing it. Here in Hamilton, an innocent young woman was killed waiting for the bus to go to work just the other day. The shot was apparently fired from a passing suv at another car, but missed and hit her instead. She was a student studying at Mohawk College with her whole life ahead of her. It was a shocking and senseless tragedy. Also this week, the court is hearing closing arguments in the case of two individuals charged with shooting opp Constable reg Piershalla just three years ago. Again, he was a young man, a heroic young man with his entire life ahead of him, a loving son and brother whose loss has left his family and law enforcement with holes in their hearts. Randall Mackenzie, one of the accused, had a criminal record a mile long and is so often the case. He was out on bail for one violent offense when he allegedly committed this crime. Imagine had Imagine where we would be today. Imagine where mister Piershalla's family would be today if he had not been released on bail. Imagine if conservative three strikes throughout laws were actually in place and he had been locked away.
Speaker 6: What would have happened? And more importantly, what would not have happened?
Speaker 12: Sadly, these kinds of tragedies have become all too common in recent years. For the last ten years, the Liberal government has unleashed this crime with lacks laws like C. Seventy five, which requires judges release offenders under quote the least owner's conditions at the earliest opportunity, a law that Mark Karney has pledged, a Liberal law that Markcarney has pledged to keep in place. Liberals brought in house arrests E five, which allows the repeat offenders to do their sentences in their living rooms, walking watching Netflix, able to walk out the door at any time to reoffend. And instead of promising to work with law enforcement to end the crime and chaos, Mark Karney is pledged to keep the liberal policies in place. He wants to ban hunting rifles rather than banning gun criminals. As Prime Minister, I'll listen to law enforcement and work with them so that together we can reverse the dangerous liberal crime wave of the last decade and bring home safe streets for a chain or.
Speaker 6: A chain or attainment. Safe streets used to be something we took for granted.
Speaker 12: People in Canada, in many communities it's hard to believe this now used to leave their doors unlocked, it to sleep with other with their doors unlocked.
Speaker 6: It was incredible.
Speaker 12: And now we have a situation where the Toronto Chief of Police has to tell Torontonians leave your car keys next to the front door so that if someone wants to steal your vehicle they can safely do it and just come in and take the keys and leave with the car without hurting anybody. Is this how we keep people safe. We say, to give your car to the thief so that he doesn't shoot you or stab you. This is insanity, but of course it is what life looks like after this lost Liberal decade.
Speaker 6: One of the most invisible signs of this total.
Speaker 12: Meltdown that liberals admit in their own reports is going to worsen on the current path is these horrible homeless encampments. In Ontario alone, after the lost Liberal decade, there are fourteen hundred homeless in encampments. It is unimaginable. It's like something out of the Great Depression. In Toronto, the number of homeless encampments more than doubled in just one year, from eighty two and twenty twenty three to two hundred. Today, homelessness is up twenty percent since twenty eighteen, roughly the time. It's interesting Mark Karney became the Economic Advisor in twenty twenty and what has happened. Homelessness has gone up by twenty percent, chronic homelessness up thirty eight percent. That is the legacy of this liberal government. The liberals promise to eliminate chronic homelessness. Instead it went through the roof, and now they expect you to believe their promises for a fourth time and a fourth liberal term. Instead, they've abandoned the vulnerable and condemned them to sidewalks and back alleys. Encampments now fill spaces where children once played in, families once gathered. Our public spaces have become from a breeding grounds for addiction, violence, human trafficking, and crime. Businesses around parks have been boarded up. Parents are afraid to let their kids cut through parks on their way to school. And for those trapped in these camps, our brothers, our sisters, our friends, our neighbors, they are left to suffer in the cold, to overdose, and sometimes to die alone. These are places where half dead, contorted bodies lie on the ground on the verge of overdose from fentanyl, twisted, their spinal cords twisted from countless hours hunched over in painful positions that they cannot sense because of the immense power of the poison running through their bodies and their minds.
Speaker 6: And the liberals just say let it continue.
Speaker 12: In fact, their policy has been to supply even more drugs, more opioids, keep the problem going, and keep an entire apparatus of bureaucracy and interest groups expanding this problem.
Speaker 13: Sure of the universe, otherwise known as Winnipeg Center, the home of all Things Good, the home of the Winnipeg Strike, the home of oas. And I want to tell you it is my pleasure to be joined today in Winnipeg Center, keeping us our strong tradition, going keeping our strong tradition, going of standing up for workers, having workers back, because we are the only party. We are the only party that puts families and workers first, and we are the only party that owes how to keep community at the Center in Winnipeg Center. So I welcome everybody to my community, a community that I love, a community that I've represented for almost six years, to say we are excited to continue to stand up for workers and families here in Winnipeg Center. And it is my pleasure, it is my great pleasure to welcome to the podium one of the great labor leaders here in Winnipeg, Melissa Devorak.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Leah. Hello, I'm Melissa Devorak, and I'm the President of the Winnipeg Labor Council and i'd like to do the land acknowledgment. We are gathered today on the Treaty territories and ancestral lands of the initial A, Nishiniwook, Dakota, Uyat, Daneysulin, and Hetuwak nations. We acknowledge that Manitoba is located on the homeland of the Red River Mati. We acknowledge Northern Manitoba includes lands that were and are the ancestral lands of the Inuit. We thank them for their stewardship of this land, past, present and future.
Speaker 6: Thank you so.
Speaker 8: Trump's escalating trade war is threatening Canadian industries and workers. Just like the folks here today, New Democrats will always fight to protect them and it is my absolute pressure to welcome Shagnet Singh to tell us more about how the NDP will stand up for workers. Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: We're so honored to have the president of the District Labor here and the powerful labor movement that Manitoba and Winnipeg represents.
Speaker 3: It's such a great honor.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much to Leah Gazign and being in Winnipeg Center is giving me energy to be in this great writing. We wanted to do this press conference with these workers because we want to remind Canadians. We want to remind everybody in this election who we should be fighting for. Who should be the priority. It should always be the workers, not the CEOs. It should be these working people, not the billionaires. We are a workers party and we will always fight for the working people. Now Canadians are again really worried after seeing more comments coming out of Donald Trump about the fifty first state, and Canadians want to send a message back we will never be the fifty first state, not now, not ever, never and with all this again fear coming back up. People are worried about what this means for their jobs. People are worried what this means for their families. The trade wars put a lot of pressure on people around the cost of living. But we're also worried about what the negotiation is going to look like. And we recently learned that Mark Karney wasn't being totally straight up with us when he told us what happened with his first phone call with Donald Trump. He said that Donald Trump respected our sovereignty. Now it's come out that he instead actually brought back up the fifty first state and again threatened our.
Speaker 3: Country in that call. I'm worried.
Speaker 4: I think as a lot of Canadians are worried that if Markcartney's not being straight up with us, he's not going to be straight up with us in the negotiations. And workers are worried about what's going to be on the table. You know, workers and working people should be at the negotiating table.
Speaker 3: Not on the table.
Speaker 4: And we're worried about what Mark Karney's willing to give up, what he's willing to concede. And so we've got a message today that you need to elect new Democrats. One to make sure that this process is transparent. We're going to fight to make sure Canadians know what's that s, what the impact is before a vote comes to Parliament. Secondly, and most importantly, we are gonna make sure that we will never let certain values that we hold dear ever beyond the negotiating table. We will never give up and allow Donald Trump to attack workers' rights that will never be on the work on the table.
Speaker 3: Labor rights will never be given up.
Speaker 4: We're never gonna let Donald Trump attack our healthcare system, our universal public healthcare system. We want to keep a Canadian, we do not want it to become Americanized, and we're gonna fight back.
Speaker 3: And never let that be on the negotiating table.
Speaker 4: We're gonna make sure we fight to protect treaty rights and indigenous rights. That's something we're never gonna concede on. Yes, we're never gonna concede on environmental protections because we care about our land, water, and air, and we're not going to give up our protections on those fundamental things. We know that Donald Trump and American billionaires have looked at our market and thought, you know, there's ways to make money here if we americanize healthcare, if we make it harder for people to access their medication. They're trying to target our country and target making money for billionaires in our country.
Speaker 3: And the only ones you.
Speaker 4: Can trust to fight back and defend your interests are new Democrats.
Speaker 3: And so in this election, in this election, don't let Marcarney have all the power.
Speaker 4: We know what liberals do when they have all the power. They ignore working people. They give up on the folks that actually need to be supported. They are willing to sacrifice what you care about. We've seen it before. Marcartney's proposing massive cuts twenty eight billion dollars in cuts, confirm in his electoral platform and what's worse is as recently as Monday, he said he's gonna exceed those cuts. He's gonna bring in massive cuts to our healthcare into the services you need. So you need new Democrats to stand up and fight back. We're gonna defend workers, defend Canadians. We know that Ottawa works best when one party doesn't have all the power. Ottawa works best when you send strong new Democrats like Leah Gazan and Leela Dance to.
Speaker 3: Fight for you and defend you and your family. Don't don't.
Speaker 4: Donald trumpe envoy at Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: It's sukey down't say Marcarni and.
Speaker 4: You some premier discussion aveka, mister Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Donald said discussion. Donald Trump respected.
Speaker 4: May on a pre k Senepa to the listoir Donald Trump repet Telli manas uh the kill verb buff Canada, the Viennes s conta donk see mrccarney the patache part. They take some mount comment on a person the Nail Democrat, but prosuse they said negotiation please transparent. Who about the transparents and the Neil Democrat? Bon guarunteer process, transparent and key bactor impact. It's a quality Impactice negotiation.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's see.
Speaker 4: Ads a mount a please and petn on the guaranteer kia de valla convard down set the negotiation on vaja. Let's see o queen concertsion sur the messura parlic the massour o vaja avois the conciersion sude sante public universal vavo, the concertsion sur le travaller travaers v the concertsion sur not us natural leti the community octortn le vala kiss.
Speaker 3: See a Manitoba.
Speaker 4: Acted travaus Pascal to lemon say possit rare a, don't set election palipj palinmiliad trava tras on.
Speaker 3: Dog phil al monti a.
Speaker 4: Claar say don't come lay liberal on tu les pouvoir l s tomb lejon l s tomb the travare, don't boir the nail democrat for who they found there, don't le pouvoir, dont call and voue the deputy from le gazan and Lila dance for the found vou fami in there with neo democrat attap the founded travaller not something public, it's the exact motcle and neo democrat von Fer.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at depictions dot media for more information.